Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 4,817 Words
  • 4,533 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Are You Christian - 11. Chapter 11

It was cold in the morning when I woke up and there was a thick fog in the air. I knew it was early, as there was still a blue twilight look in the forest. Dew had also settled on us both, giving a damn feel to our clothes. Jonathon and I had separated in the night sometime as we woke up on opposite ends of the wooden plank we slept on the night before.
 
“Jonathon are you awake?” I asked as I stretched trying to get the stiffness out of my body from sleeping on a hard surface. Jonathon only offered me a muffled grumble before shifting around to look at me.
 
“Yeah,” he said rubbing his eyes. “Its cold out here this morning.”
 
“Yeah,” I answered looking down at my wrinkled tux. Jonathon’s was just as wrinkled, but I had enjoyed the night. The surprise wasn’t a prank that would’ve gotten me good or a trick. It was a nice relaxing night under the stars and I had saw a whole other dimension of Jonathon that I didn’t think was there. I found myself liking surprises, but I knew Jonathon would keep me on my toes. I was just looking forward to more of these moments.
 
“We better get you home, you have a big day.” Jonathon stammered sounding annoyed then I remembered the day at the pool that he hadn’t been invited to.
 
“You’re coming with me I have it all settled,” I said and he looked up at me. “Gloria is taking us to the pool so your dad doesn’t have to watch you.”
 
“God not Gloria!” Jonathon groaned leaning against me. “She’s like my Dad’s informant.”
 
“Oh,” I said frowning. “At least the girls will feel more comfortable around her.”
 
“I guess,” he stated shrugging. “You need some tutoring before you try to be as sneaky as I am.”
 
“Well it was Mom’s plan not mine,” I explained. “I would’ve had her chaperone, but she said Gloria would be too bothered by her own kids to watch us.”
 
“Oh?” He said thinking over the plan. “But she doesn’t know that Gloria is like mother goose.” I laughed and nudged him with my elbow. He looked at me, his blue eyes looked tired, but they were brightening as he became more awake in the early morning. Neither of us were morning people it seemed, but this felt better than trying to beat Stacey to the bathroom.
 
“Well Gloria isn’t your father so just come along with me?” I asked looking over at him. “I don’t want to be trapped with Lacey.”
 
“Right,” Jonathon said snorting. “She was all over you at the dance.”
 
“And who was the short girl you were dancing with?” I asked rolling my eyes and playfully punching him in the arm.
 
“Someone to make you jealous with,” Jonathon answered looking down at his knees.
 
“If you wanted to make me jealous you should’ve danced with a guy,” I commented and he smiled.
 
“Sorry, but I couldn’t stand watching it all,” he said and I leaned into him as he put his arm around me. I knew it was hard on him watching me. He was more comfortable with his orientation than I was, even if I had the supporting family. Jonathon would have danced with me if I had the courage. I didn’t though, that would only come with time and we had plenty of that.
 
“I owe you a prom night Jonathon,” I said leaning forward and kissing him on the cheek. His face had ticklish stubble already growing and when I examined him closer his face seemed darker as his shaved beard was coming through. The kiss though did leave a nice tingling feeling on my lips and I went in for another kiss, but he turned his head and our lips touched. I closed my eyes when I kissed him back and I felt his hand trace up my leg to my lower stomach. It had an effect on me that caused my face to feel hot. I had to break the kiss and when I opened my eyes I glanced down and saw the embarrassment still growing. “We better get going.”
 
“Do we have to?” Jonathon asked groaning slightly. “We’re finally all alone.”
 
“I know,” I answered trying to cover my lap with my crossed arms. “People will start to wonder about us if we’re both late.”
 
“They don’t even know that I’m comin,” he said leaning in for another kiss his hand still firmly on my lower stomach. I leaned back dodging him, which caused him to frown.
 
“We have to go and you have to talk me into climbing down,” I reminded then looked down at the swinging ladder. The climb up was scary enough, but now in the light of early morning I saw just how high we actually were.
 
“Well in that case, did you know that we’re up more than twenty feet?” Jonathon asked and I looked at him frowning.
 
“Knock it off or we’ll have to call the fire department,” countered shoving him. “You go first.”
 
“Ok,” he said laughing and shaking his head. “When I get down drop my stuff down to me.”
 
“Ok,” I responded then he grabbed hold of the rope ladder and slowly lowered himself down one rung at a time. He made it look easy when he skipped the last few rungs and jumped to the ground. He then looked up at me as I gathered the lantern and dropped it. He easily caught it and then I watched as he caught his backpack. Then it was my turn to start climbing down the ladder.
 
“What’s taking you so long?” Jonathon asked when I hesitated. My heart was pounding in my chest and I swallowed hard. Nothing was calming my nerves and I really thought the fire department would be the only way my ass would leave this tree.
 
“I’m scared,” I responded my voice shaking and weak. Jonathon only grabbed hold of the ladder to steady it.
 
“It’s ok Christian,” he said trying to sound encouraging. “Just reach down and grab hold of the rope then place your feet on the rung.”
 
“Ok,” I said closing my eyes I felt around for the rope.
 
“And open your eyes!” Jonathon shouted and I opened my eyes blushing slightly. I could tell that he was worried about me, but I could also tell that he was thoroughly amused by my fear of heights.
 
“You’re having fun with this aren’t you?” I asked as I slowly turned my body and put both my feet on the rung ready to start lowering myself down it. I took a few deep breaths and slipped one foot lower to the second moss rotten piece of wood that didn’t feel safe.
 
“Good, only a few more to go,” Jonathon said encouraging me to keep going.
 
When both feet was firmly on the ground I let out a long sigh of relief. Jonathon only gave me a strong hug, which made me feel better. The embarrassment melted away when he took my hand and led me out of the forest into the clearing. I saw the bridge that led to the park then the field that we walked through. It was pretty down here in the morning, I hadn’t taken the time to notice it before though. The light fog that was in the air and the birds singing was something that didn’t happen in Maryland. Sirens and car horns were the noise that invited me to the outside there. Even if I hated the place I now lived in, the scenery this morning was definitely a welcoming change. Then Jonathon squeezed my hand. I had stopped walking to look around and when I looked at him he smiled. He had walked a few steps ahead of me and his bright blue eyes were finally fully awake they seemed to glow. Coming here, this happened was the furthest thing from my thoughts, but this felt good.
 
“I hate to end this moment, but we should split up so you can go get your swimming stuff,” I said as we started walking again. “And we both need a shower.”
 
“Definitely,” Jonathon said, “you stink.”
 
“I do not!” I groaned letting go of his hand. When he tried to take my hand again I moved it and pretended to be mad as I quickened my pace towards home.
 
“Oh come on Christian,” Jonathon whined catching up to me. I had crossed my arms and he tried to unfold them to gain access to my hands.
 
“It’s not like you smell particularly good either,” I argued, but it surprised me when he only laughed.
 
“Well I’m going to run along to get cleaned up,” Jonathon said when my house was finally in sight. He took a few steps away then turned to look at me as I stopped. I wanted him to kiss me, but I knew it was too risky for him to do. I knew that he wanted to kiss me goodbye too, and I thought that he was going to. He finally though nodded his head slightly then forced a smile. I only gave him a slight wave before he turned and jogged towards his own house. I walked across the road to my sidewalk and up the stairs. Since it was early, I hoped that Mom and Dad were still asleep. I knew Stacey would be, since I knew she would’ve gotten in late from the dance, a dance that I didn’t remember seeing her at.
 
“Well good morning Son,” Dad greeted as soon as I stepped through the door. “I thought you was in your room.”
 
“Mom didn’t tell you my plans?” I asked frowning my face getting hot.
 
“No,” he answered smiling. “Where have you been?”
 
“Camping actually,” I answered trying to sound as vague as possible. The look that flashed across his face made me realize that I shouldn’t ever spare my father a full explanation, as he would come up with his own story if I didn’t.
 
“Do I even want to know?” He asked putting down his coffee cup. “Do we have to have a talk about safe sex?”
 
“Dad!” I screeched weakly. “You sound like Mom.”
 
“Well I think every father and son need to have this talk, before the son becomes a man.” Dad explained then he scooted against the end of the couch then patted the seat beside him.
 
“Do you really want to get into gay sex practices with me?” I asked feeling bold suddenly. I hoped that it would cause him to second guess his decision.
 
“I googled,” Dad stated calmly, “The guys at work probably think I’m gay, but I’m not in the dark now.”
 
“Then why have a talk?” I asked fidgeting where I stood. My parents were progressive to say the least and growing up under their roof had been interesting most of my life. Now though, they just seemed too involved and I wanted to at least keep part of myself private.
 
“Because safe sex is important,” Dad answered then he nodded his head towards the couch. “And your mother wanted me to talk to you about it and we both know she’s right.”
 
“Right,” I said rolling my eyes and giving in. The room got quiet when I sat down on the opposite side of the couch. I wanted to get as far away from him as humanly possible, but the arm of the couch confined me only a foot away form him.
 
“So are you wanting to be sexually active?” Dad asked seemingly at ease with the subject even though I knew he couldn’t be as I was a wreck. He never really did show his emotions when things of importance were discussed. I imagined that was the lawyer side of him coming through, but it made talking to him harder at times.
 
“Not yet,” I answered honestly. Even if the thought crossed my mind, it was still just a simple curiosity.
 
“And do you know how to put on a condom when the time comes?” Dad asked then I watched in all my horror when he retrieved a banana from the coffee table that I hadn’t seen. Dad looked lost when he glanced in my direction.
 
“I don’t think its rocket science dad,” I answered uneasily.
 
“I seemed to have misplaced the condom,” Dad said looking around the table. “I’m not doing this very well at all, ill prepared.”
 
“Here,” I said reaching into my pocket remembering the condoms that Mom gave me. He studied it curiously before taking it from my hand. I thought I would end this morning needing therapy, but Dad seemed determined to do this talk the correct way.
 
“So you just take it out of the wrapper,” Dad instructed as he ripped the plastic wrapper revealing the milky colored latex condom neatly rolled. “Then you place it over the head of the penis like so.”
 
“What’s going on?” Mom asked walking into the living room. It had startled Dad and it caused him to snap the condom into the air. We all watched as it landed on the floor.
 
“The sex talk,” Dad answered as he picked it up then quickly rolled the condom over the banana.
 
“Make sure you talk about the importance of lube, but I’m going to take Grace shopping.” Mom said as she reached into the playpen Grace was playing in and then walked out the front door. Dad only looked at me after she left.
 
“The importance of lube,” I whispered then dad smiled grabbing a small bottle of Ky lube.
 
“You want to make sure that there is ample amount on the penis before anal insertion,” Dad explained sounding professional as he squirted a seemingly measured amount into his hand then rubbed it down the banana. “You may also want to make sure the anus is also…”
 
“That’s enough!” I interrupted squirming in my seat. “I get the picture.”
 
“Do you?” Dad asked putting down the bottle of lube and banana. “Do you have any questions?”
 
“No,” I answered. “Just please no more sex talks.”
 
“Well I want you to know that if you have any questions to come to me about them,” Dad stated. “I am here to help you.”
 
“I’ll let you know,” I promised then stood and rushed out of the living room. When I got out of there I entered the bathroom then examined myself in the mirror. Noticing that I looked scared and pale I slowly stripped out of my tuxedo hanging it on a hanger. I only had a few minutes to myself before I had to meet up with everyone to go to the pool. It was something I didn’t do at all in Maryland as too many people showed up to places like that and I felt out of place.
 
I was also self-conscious about my body, although I didn’t think I was too thin or overweight. I just wasn’t as tan as I would like. The North Carolina summers would change that, I thought. So it was only a matter of time before the smooth skin had a darker shade to it. The haircut I was starting to like though when I massaged a small amount of shampoo into my scalp. It didn’t take as long to fix in the mornings and no matter what I did, I thought it looked good.
 
“Jonathon is here,” Dad said after knocking on my door. I didn’t want him to be left alone with Dad, now that he’s on the safe sex crusade. I quickly washed the shampoo from my hair and stepped out of the shower drying myself before opening the bathroom door. With the towel wrapped around my waist I walked across the hall rushing around the room gathering my swimming trunks and sandals.
 
“Are you decent?” Jonathon said as he peeked through the crack in the door. I was about to drop the towel, but hearing his voice I made sure it was still tightly wrapped.
 
“Uh no wait a minute,” I answered letting out a small frustrated sigh. The talk with Dad this morning and the condoms forced into my hand by my Mom last night had me on edge around Jonathon now. I wondered if they thought we were having sex, but then I wondered what it would be like. If it would be something I would even enjoy, since I haven’t even remotely taken those steps before.
 
“Gloria is picking us all up,” Jonathon said as he closed the door. “I have to make it all the way over to Matt’s so I’m going to head off ok?”
 
“That’s fine,” I responded putting down the towel. “I’ll see you there.”
 
“Ok, and thanks for making this happen.” Jonathon said then I heard his footsteps walking away from my door as I pulled up my board shorts. They looked long on me and I wondered what everyone else wore to swim here. I hadn’t really used them other than going on vacation once when Dad actually had time to take away from work. I had hoped to grow into them more, but hadn’t. They still looked good enough on me.
 
After grabbing a towel I awkwardly rushed down the stairs in my flip flops and out the door before Dad could stop me. I was still scared that he’d want to add to his sex talk and I also didn’t want to be late at Matt’s house. I was also becoming nervous about the entire day with them at the pool. When I arrived Gloria was already there with a van that had the church’s name on it. People were packing their backpacks and other things into the very back of it, but no one had claimed a seat on the dark blue older model van. No one seemed happy about the surprise arrangements though, other than Jonathon. I didn’t care though as I walked up to the back of the van to put my towel in there.
 
“I heard it was you that we need to thank,” Gavin whispered as he leaned against the van. “We have to be chaperoned now.”
 
“But she’ll be too busy with her own kids,” I argued. I was beginning to think Mom’s plan would only end in disaster. The way everyone was frowning, I wanted to just turn around and go back home.
 
“We’re too old to be chaperoned to a pool, but Jonathon has to be babysat,” Gavin hissed.
 
“Well we should just forget about it,” I responded shoving my towel into the van. “Jonathon is our friend and he gets to go.”
 
“Yeah and we won’t get to enjoy it,” Gavin stated glaring at me. I wondered why Jonathon put up with them, especially Gavin and Lacey. Neither of them cared about him and made fun of him for being the Preacher’s son. I had to fight to keep from making a scene with Gavin. It didn’t make what they were saying any less painful to hear though. If they didn’t change, I wouldn’t be able to remain quiet. Even if that meant I could be outing Jonathon and myself in the process. A fear that made me the most uneasy about being in a place like Landfalls North Carolina.
 
“We’re ready to go so pile in guys,” Gloria said offering Gavin and I a smile. It stopped the tension as we parted ways to get into the van. Jonathon and Matt came out of the house soon after and piled in. Then after a few minutes Natalie led the girls outside. When we were all in Gloria made sure we all were fastened into the seat belts before she left the driveway, heading for the business part of town across the old rusted train tracks that weren’t in use.
 
Unlike last night, Jonathon made sure to sit next to me in the van. It forced Lacey, who was noticeably annoyed to sit in the back by herself next to all of our pool supplies. It was also right behind Gloria’s kids who kept talking loud and arguing about what they would do first when they got there. Through the noise of the chatter in the van and the background noise of corny Christian music Jonathon and I didn’t talk. It was a short ride so I didn’t feel the need to, it was just comfortable with his leg lying next to mine instead of Lacey laying her weight on my side. When we arrived I saw there weren’t anyone there yet, but us. The large parking lot was completely vacant, but the sign on the entrance said the pool was still open for the year.
 
“Are we early?” I asked still looking around.
 
“Don’t expect a lot of people to come here to go swimming,” Jonathon said. “It will fill up a little bit more later, but most people have their own pools here.”
 
“Back in Maryland we’d be lucky if we had a parking space,” I commented as the doors were slid open and we started filing out of the van. As we were getting out things a few more people had arrived, but they were both young families bringing their kids for a day of swimming. I had expected this being one of the rare places teenagers hung out on the hot summer weekends after school started.
 
“It’s better this way,” Lacey said as she looped her arm in mine after I grabbed my towel. “Less competition to keep your attention.”
 
“Oh?” I offered glancing in her direction trying not to seem annoyed by her closeness.
 
“Yeah,” she answered. “You guys like to look around.”
 
“Not me,” I said shrugging. Lacey only laughed and rolled her eyes, but when Jonathon joined us by walking on my other side I noticed she tried quickening her pace. She gave up though when I wouldn’t follow her lead, it seemed to annoy her enough though as she released her arm from mine and waited for Kate and Matt.
 
“I hope she doesn’t become clingy,” Jonathon huffed throwing his arm around my shoulder. I welcomed the touch, but still looked around to see if people took notice, when they only glanced and went along with their business I didn’t shrug his arm away. I was also welcoming the smell of his soapy skin; a sweet scent invaded my sense of smell. He had also taken a shower before coming here and his skin felt soft to the touch.
 
“Me too,” I responded in a low voice as we grouped together and paid for our entrance into the pool. Jonathon left me when he paid first and walked through the metal bars. He also didn’t wait for me, but excitedly jogged around the corner and out of sight. I welcomed his goofy nature; it meant that he could get away with a lot more without people wondering about it. If Jonathon was taken more seriously, we wouldn’t be able to touch as much as we have in a public place. Now that it didn’t annoy me it was something I couldn’t help but smile at.
 
When I walked around the corner though, I was stopped in my tracks when my eyes landed on him. He was at the outside shower station and had just pushed the button allowing the release of the water. As the water hit his body, the bright North Carolina sun made his lightly tanned body glimmer. He had his eyes closed peacefully as he let his hands trace down his stomach to the waistband of his black swimming trunks. When his hand didn’t stop I saw a glimpse of a tan line at his waist when his hands traveled down the legs of his shorts. He was making sure he was completely wet before jumping into the pool so the cool water wouldn’t be a complete shock to his system. As he started to turn around he opened his eyes and caught me staring. He only welcomed my eyes with a wide smile before turning completely around to show me his strong back and the roundness of his butt that jiggled slightly as he steadied himself on his feet. Jonathon wasn’t hair, only light dusting on his arms and under his arms. He hadn’t grown a lot of hair on his chest, but there had been a well trimmed treasure trail of hair that connected his navel and disappeared underneath his shorts.
 
When a contrasting body joined Jonathon by the shower, I noticed the big differences between Lacey and him. She was wearing a light pink flower dotted bikini that showed a lot of skin, but my eyes only glanced at her before returning to Jonathon. He was finished with his shower and stepped out of the shower.
 
“Do you like what you see?” A female voice asked causing me to jump. I turned to see Natalie standing beside me. I was thankful that Lacey was standing there as well, but the way she was studying me made me wonder if she knew which one I was looking at.
 
“Uh, I guess,” I offered nervously.
 
“Lacey is the type of girl that will let you touch if you complimented her enough,” Natalie whispered nudging me in the side. “And I’m not insulting her either.”
 
“I’m not interested in just sex,” I responded wanting to just be in the pool now that Jonathon had walked past us and was now waiting behind Gloria’s kid at a chance at the diving board.
 
“I know,” she said, “and Lacey needs a guy like you to show her that a relationship doesn’t need sex.”
 
“Has she…” I started, but trailed off, not wanting to ask the question. I didn’t need to as Natalie had already provided me the answer, but the question still lingered in my mind. Lacey would be expecting me to be like all her other boyfriends in the past since I seemed to have been drafted into the position.
 
“You can trust me Christian,” Natalie said as she patted me on the shoulder. “I think you’ll know how to put her down gently.”
 
“What do you mean?” I asked stopping her from leaving my side. She only motioned for me to follow her to the showers and when we arrived we pushed the buttons starting them. Lacey was finished wetting down her body, so she only smiled at me before she left Natalie and I.
 
“You’re not interested in her are you?” Natalie asked ignoring my question.
 
“Of course I am,” I said trying to convince her of the lie that seemed to make me sick as soon as I responded. I didn’t like lying, especially when it hurt an innocent bystander like Lacey.
 
“My older brother was the person that Jonathon was caught with,” Natalie whispered. “And I’m smart enough to know it’s not a phase type of thing.”
 
“So you know he’s gay?” I asked keeping my voice down, even though my stomach was tense and it seemed the breath had been knocked from me.
 
“I do and I’m fine with it,” she answered offering me a smile. “You two aren’t alone in a small town like this.”
 
“I know,” I offered as the shower stopped. Natalie was finished with her talk, but I wanted to know how she figured everything out so quickly. Gavin though, had other plans as he draped his arm around her and ushered her away from me. I had to put all of this in the back of my head and I did that by running full speed then leaping into the air. I landed in the deep end of the pool, the cold water rushed over my body and when I surfaced Jonathon’s smile, brightened by his eyes was there in front of me. All the things I thought and learned had intoxicated me, but the dive into the water worked and when Jonathon wrestled my head under the water I allowed all the problems in our future to be tucked away and focused on just enjoying him while I could.
 
Copyright © 2011 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow  What a way to end a chapter lol. I THINK Natalie is real super cool chick so far You Rock Krista

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..