Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 5,892 Words
  • 5,476 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Are You Christian - 6. Chapter 6

When I was walking up the stairs to my house I heard loud footsteps leaving the front door. I rolled my eyes, but hesitated to open it. I was being spied on by someone and I just knew that as soon as the door opened that I’d be flooded with questions. The door did open though and it surprised me.

“Comin in Christian?” Stacey asked smiling at me. I looked behind her and saw Mom and Dad sitting on the couch.

“I live here don’t I?” I asked rolling my eyes. She stepped out of my way and I entered the house. The door closing behind me actually made me jump a little. It was so quiet in here and it was unnerving.

“Christian.” Mom cleared her throat. “How was your day?”

“Fine.” I responded then Stacey walked past me and when she sat down beside Dad on the couch I knew the fun was about to start. I sat down in the chair across from them. “I’m hungry.”

“We’ll get to that in a minute.” Stacey countered.

“You know Christian the neighbors may not like watching two guys checking out one another’s ass on the sidewalk.” Dad blurted out and Mom and Stacey both elbowed him.

“Subtle, do I have to define that for you dear?” Mom asked shaking her head.

“Are you guys mad at me?” I asked feeling a bit paranoid by all of this.

“No honey.” Mom answered then she studied me for a second. “It’s just you and Jonathon are so cute.”

“Cute mom?” I asked crossing my arms. “There’s nothing cute going on there.”

“Yes there is.” Stacey countered and Mom and Dad both nodded.

“No there isn’t.” I denied and I could feel myself wanting to smile.

“There is.” Dad retorted strongly and I actually thought that I was in for a lecture then he laughed slightly. “Jonathon has the hots for you.”

“Dad!” I groaned grimacing. “I don’t want to ever hear you say that again.”

“Fine, but he…”

“Dad.” I interrupted, “He’s not and that’s that.”

“Not yet anyway.” Stacey said and I noticed that she winked at me.

“Don’t you do anything stupid Stacey.” I ordered pointing in her direction. “Mom tell her.”

“Stacey let them get together on their own terms anything else would be messy.” Mom reasoned and I sighed. I needed something to change the subject.

“Oh!” I said sitting up in my chair. “Gloria didn’t sign the petition and neither did Kate’s mom and dad.”

“Gloria’s family didn’t sign?” Mom asked and I could see her taking note of that. She remembered everything anybody has ever told her.

“Yeah they didn’t. Jonathon and his dad went to see them over it too.” I explained and they all smiled.

“Well now I might have been wrong about Gloria.” Mom offered then she stood. “What do you want to eat Christian?”

“Just fix me a sandwich or something.” I answered shrugging.

“A sandwich?” Mom asked making sure then I saw her eyes flutter. “My son is in love.”

“I am not in…”

“I was kidding.” Mom interrupted causing everyone to laugh.

“Aww it’s ok to blush little brother.” Stacey joked then she stood.

“Wait, how are you and Adam?” I asked stopping her from leaving the living room.

“We’re fine; we’re going somewhere this weekend.” Stacey answered then she turned to Dad. “That is if Dad lets me.”

“How do they say it here?” Dad asked and neither of us knew what he was talking about. “Oh, it ain’t happenin.” We both started laughing at his attempt to be southern. People didn’t really speak that way here. There were a few, but most people only had slight accents.

“Daddy, please?” Stacey pleaded crossing her arms and pouting. I looked between the two of them as they stared one another down.

“Alright fine.” Dad caved and Stacey softened immediately then walked up to Dad and kissed him on the cheek before she bounded up the stairs.

“You sit in a courtroom and take on a jury, but one little girl can control your every move.” Mom stated lightly when she entered the living room with my sandwich. Mom then walked over and picked Grace up. She was in the playpen playing with one of Mom’s baby genius toys.

“Oh, Jonathon is coming over tomorrow after school so I want the both of you to behave.” I said and they both looked at me.

“Behave Christian?” Mom asked and I squirmed slightly. She could give the worst looks known to man.

“I don’t want you to analyze him Mom.” I responded then I turned to Dad who was looking thoroughly amused by me. “Dad I don’t want you asking him tons of questions either.” I noticed him frown. Then Mom and him looked at one another before they both started laughing at me. I didn’t like this. I definitely wouldn’t want Jonathon coming over and have him ambushed by my family just like I was. They stayed in the living room with me and when I got finished with my sandwich I placed the plate in my lap. I still had one question to ask my mom.

“Here let me take your plate.” Dad offered standing up. I handed it to him and he took it into the kitchen.

“Mom, how do you tell a person that you’re not interested in them?” I asked curiously.

“Who’s interested in you?” Mom asked ignoring my question.

“Lacey.” I answered frowning slightly.

“Who is she?” Mom inquired she looked more professional than motherly to my now and that made me nervous.

“A girl from school and church.” I answered and she nodded her head slightly.

“One of the pretty blond girls about your age?” Mom asked trying to single her out.

“She’s the one with the longer hair.” I answered, Lacey had longer hair than Kate had and Kate’s hair was straight and Lacey’s was slightly curly.

“Oh I know which one it is now.” Mom said then she looked thoughtful. “Well you know I always want people to be upfront about how they feel so that’s the advice I have for you.”

“Up front?” I asked not understanding what she meant by that.

“Just tell her that you’re not interested in her.” Mom responded as she slightly rocked Grace to sleep.

“She’s not the type of girl that gets rejected Mom.” I countered shaking my head. “And they already know about us and the petition.”

“Christian I know it’s going to be difficult to keep your secret from the school and your friends.” Mom sighed, she didn’t like being out of control when it came to us. “But I don’t want you to tell them anything until you’re ready.”

“I know all that.” I stammered I didn’t want to worry about all of that yet. I already had too much to think about.

“Well if it bothers you then you need to tell Lacey that you’re just not into her.” Mom said then she stood, “Goodnight Christian do your homework before bed.”

“Ok.” I offered. I didn’t have any homework yet. “Goodnight mom.” When she went down the hall to her room I walked up the stairs. Stacey was talking on the phone to someone. It was probably Adam and I was glad that they were getting so close. We both need distractions to get over how terrible this place was. I took a long shower in the bathroom since I didn’t have time to enjoy one this morning and after I brushed my teeth I found Stacey waiting by the bathroom for me to come out.

“Hey Christian.” She stopped me as I stepped past her.

“What Stacey?” I asked then she smiled at me.

“I want you to know that I think you’re really brave.” Stacey responded and I was confused by that. I didn’t know that I was being brave at all. “I mean if I was gay and heard all of that negative shit I’d be devastated.”

“Yeah.” I offered shrugging. “Well I would be if you guys believed it.”

“Alright, love you, goodnight.” She said then she patted me on the shoulder then entered the bathroom. I really had it lucky I thought. I could be in Jonathon’s situation. Thinking about it only made me grimace. I had trouble sleeping last night. I had a lot to think about and most of it just seemed too difficult for me right now. I was definitely feeling something for Jonathon. Even if I tried to deny it all the time. The next morning Mom woke me up gently. I didn’t know how long I had slept either. My light was off and when I looked at it I saw that it was time for me to get up.

“Is there anything wrong?” I asked sitting up in the bed.

“No.” She answered whispering. “I just know that you haven’t been getting enough time in the bathroom and decided to wake you up and give you an advantage.”

“Thanks.” I offered smiling up at her. Then we both heard Stacey moving around in the room so I got up with mom laughing as I bolted into the hallway as Stacey was leaving her room and I closed the door behind me locking her out.

“I have to pee Christian!” Stacey groaned, but I ignored her as I started my shower. I didn’t take very long and I decided to just get dressed in my room after I brushed my teeth. She was waiting outside of the bathroom and she didn’t look happy with me at all.

“If you want to make this a competition I will kick your little ass.” She hissed shoving me out of her way.

“What happened to you loving me?” I asked trying not to laugh at her.

“I’ll love you after I get out of the shower.” She responded then slammed the door in my face. I started laughing then and walked to my room. I didn’t know why girls just had to have the bathroom first in the mornings. I got dressed and grabbed my wallet and walked down stairs. Dad had already left for work and I could hear the hair dryer in my parent’s bathroom. I looked down and saw that Grace was already dressed up and ready to be taken to daycare. She was sleeping and was absently sucking on her thumb.

“The bus runs in about ten minutes honey.” Mom said entering the room. “Or do you want me to take you?”

“No we can make it the bus isn’t bad.” I answered then she grabbed Grace’s diaper bag and then her purse.

“Could you grab Grace?” Mom asked and I walked over to the playpen and picked her up. She woke up and started crying a little from the shift. I followed mom out to the van and I strapped her in as mom put everything away.

“There you go.” I said then mom walked around the van and hugged me.

“Have a good day at school.” Mom offered, “And if you don’t want to tell Lacey you don’t have to today.”

“Ok.” I responded. I wasn’t going to tell her. I didn’t see her alone during school and telling her that wasn’t interested in her in front of everybody wasn’t a good thing. I waited for Stacey out on the porch swing and when she came out of the house she sat down beside me so that we could wait for the bus together.

“So what are you doing after school?” She asked curiously.

“Jonathon is coming over.” I answered shrugging. “You?”

“Oh, I’m going to go watch Adam practice he’s in track.” Stacey answered and I nodded. “So uh I think you should tell Jonathon that you’re gay.”

“Why in hell would I want to do that?” I asked shaking my head. “Crazy ass.”

“Come on now, he’s gay I know.” Stacey answered then we saw the bus coming up the road so was stood and walked down to the end of the driveway.

“How do you know that?” I asked curiously.

“Well I don’t really, but come on.” Stacey answered and I laughed slightly. When the bus stopped in front of us we got on it. We sat together right in front of Matt and Jonathon. I didn’t want to stop the conversation I was having and that slightly frustrated me. I did turn around to look at Jonathon and Matt though. Matt had his eyes closed and Jonathon was looking at me when I turned to look at him.

“Good morning.” I greeted and he rolled his eyes.

“Oh Jonathon get over it already.” Matt huffed then turned to look out the window.

“Get over what?” I asked trying to block out all the other people talking.

“He’s still mad about us going to the pool this weekend.” Matt answered not looking at me. Jonathon was looking straight ahead when I glanced at him. I thought he was mad at me too so I just turned around and waited for the bus to arrive at school. When we were at school me and Stacey stepped off first.

“I’m going to go find Adam, see you at home later.” Stacey said, she didn’t give me time to respond then I waited for Jonathon and Matt to get off. When they did Jonathon walked right past me and that pissed me off.

“What is his problem?” I asked as Matt stood beside me.

“I don’t know dude.” Matt responded, “I think he thought you’d stay with him this weekend.”

“Well who told him I was going?” I asked shaking my head. This was all stupid. He definitely wasn’t coming over with him being pissed at me.

“I did.” Matt answered looking at me. “You are right?”

“I still don’t know.” I answered shrugging. I probably wasn’t going to go. I didn’t want to commit either way though. We the followed Jonathon into the school and into the lunchroom. I thought he’d be going to go sit with the football team, but he didn’t. He was sitting alone. I saw Lacey, Gavin, and Kate at the usual table.

“You probably shouldn’t go talk to him.” Matt said, “He’s pretty stubborn when he’s pouting.” I wanted to laugh at that, but I couldn’t help knowing that he was pissed off at me. I didn’t like that Matt told him that I was going either.

“Oh well I’m pretty stubborn too.” I responded then I walked in the direction of Jonathon’s table. I glanced back at Matt and he was walking towards the usual table we all sat at. When I sat down across from him Jonathon was looking at me, but it was a blank stare. It made me nervous and it was intimidating. I couldn’t find the courage to open my mouth and say something.

“What do you want?” He asked in a low voice. I could barely hear him so I moved over a seat so that we were only a seat apart.

“I wanted to talk to you.” I answered and he shrugged. “Then talk just don’t stare at me.”

“Well you need to stop staring at me and I will.” I countered crossing my arms. “And I don’t know why you’re so pissed.”

“I’m pissed because I am tired of not ever being able to do anything that I want to.” Jonathon sighed and it surprised me.

“Well I didn’t tell Matt that I was going to the pool.” I revealed and he glanced over at me.

“Go don’t let me get in the way of your freedom.” Jonathon countered then he leaned back and stretched. “I’m used to them ditching me when they go to places like that anyway.”

“Then what’s the problem Jonathon?” I asked carefully.

“I can’t go to your house after school.” Jonathon answered then he looked down at his hands.

“Why the hell not?” I asked raising my voice.

“Over your parents.” Jonathon answered then the bell rang dismissing us to our classes.

“Well come over anyway.” I invited, “So what if he doesn’t approve.”

“I can’t just go against my dad you know.” Jonathon countered rolling his eyes.

“Well what happened to him being so damn welcoming?” I asked, “He can’t pick your friends.”

“I know he can’t pick my friends.” Jonathon responded, “Don’t fuss at me it’s not my decision.”

“I’m sorry.” I apologized after I noticed that he wasn’t taking this very well. My family wasn’t holy enough for his dad and that upset me. I don’t know why he’d care so much. It wasn’t like I’d be able to turn his son gay.

“Look,” He said grabbing my arm. “I will be over at your house after school ok?”

“Ok.” I responded then he let go of me and we both walked to our first class. We did pay attention this time. There wasn’t really anything to talk about and Jonathon was still pissed about his dad and not being able to go with Matt and everyone this weekend so he wasn’t very talkative. We were also told by the teacher that we’d be having a quiz over the first five chapters next week so I followed along. At least the book wasn’t exactly bad. Even if the narrator had a terrible accent and it irritated me every time I heard her take a breath between sentences. When we got to government we found out that we were in assigned seats over Jonathon talking in class yesterday. Mr. Prestmoore had it out for Jonathon over his dog shitting on his lawn. Then when that period ended I was lucky to not have any homework yet.

“Prestmoore is a butt-head.” Jonathon huffed as soon as we were in the hall.

“You better keep your dog indoors for awhile.” I suggested and he smiled at me.

“Well my dog’s new toilet is Prestmoore’s front yard now.” Jonathon revealed seriously.

“You better not.” Matt countered laughing slightly. “He might fail you.”

“I’m not scared of an old man.” Jonathon hissed flexing his muscles. “He’ll have to deal with this.”

“Yeah, ok Terminator when you’re repeating that class with him we’ll all laugh.” I joked and he relaxed his muscles. He had definitely been working out though. I knew he was proud of his body. After we got our trays we sat down at our table.

“So how are you going to get permission to come over?” I asked curiously and he looked at me.

“I’m not going to ask.” Jonathon replied assertively.

“Yes, about time you grow some nuts.” Matt joked it caused Jonathon to reach over and smack Matt on the back of his head. Then Matt kicked Jonathon under the table.

“Boys stop acting stupid.” Lacey ordered I didn’t see her approaching and hearing her voice made my heart jump. She sat by me again and then Gavin and Kate took their seats.

“Lacey quit being stupid.” Jonathon mocked in a poor attempt to sound like a girl.

“So I was wondering if you’ve seen someone you’d like to get with yet Christian.” Gavin said and everyone turned to look at me. I knew that Lacey liked me. Gavin had a girlfriend from another county. Jonathon wasn’t allowed to date anybody and Kate and Matt were dating. I was the only one that didn’t have a reason to be single. It was one of those questions that I was afraid to answer.

“Not really.” I shrugged after a long pause. If I said yes then they would have interrogated me for an answer and I wasn’t ready for that at all.

“Well I heard Brianna was looking to get with you.” Gavin revealed and I remembered who that was. She was the one that about got my ass kicked on the first day of school.

“Well I think there would be a problem with that since she has a boyfriend.” I countered shaking my head.

“She dumped him.” Gavin responded and I glanced over at Lacey to see her staring at me. I didn’t like being the center of attention. Not when Gavin was the one asking the questions.

“I don’t think you’d like her.” Lacey pointed out after I didn’t say anything.

“How do you know Lacey?” Gavin asked smiling over at her.

“Well because she’s fat.” Lacey answered and everyone but me laughed. She wasn’t fat at all.

“She’s not fat Lacey.” Gavin countered then he turned to me. “I think you should go for her, dude.”

“Well I think he shouldn’t.” Lacey huffed she was facing Gavin so I couldn’t tell how she was taking it.

“She’s so hot.” Gavin ignored Lacey. He was still looking at me.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged uneasily.

“See he doesn’t even like her.” Lacey said, “She’s not right for him anyway.”

“Lacey shut up we all know you like Christian.” Gavin joked and Lacey flipped her blonde hair back behind her shoulder.

“I do not.” She countered after a short silence.

“Do too.” Gavin argued he was amused by it all.

“I do not, God.” Lacey huffed then reached back and slapped Gavin as hard as she could on the shoulder.

“Oww, shit!” He hissed rubbing his arm.

“Alright you two.” Matt finally stepped in. “Don’t get yourselves thrown out we have plans for the weekend.”

“Yeah and I am so drowning Gavin the first chance I get.” Lacey napped then the lunch bell rang. We raked our trays and I was glad the two of them argued. It took all the pressure away from me. Even if I hated that Brianna was interested. At least I didn’t know her that well. When I got my quiz back from the math teacher I saw that I only missed three questions. Then the rest of the day Matt and Kate ignored me again, but I was ok with that. I was starting to get nervous over Jonathon being over at my house with me. More so that my family would be there to witness all of it and even if I told them to behave I knew they wouldn’t be. I was starting to think though that the only reason either of them talked to me was because Jonathon and Lacey talked to me. I wasn’t feeling that close to anyone other than Jonathon though. I almost wanted to go with them to the pool this weekend to get a chance to become closer, but I wasn’t if Jonathon couldn’t. I also didn’t want to do it alone. When school was over the bell scared me and I stood and walked out of the classroom without telling Matt and Kate bye. I didn’t see Jonathon in the hallway and I only saw Adam and Stacey for a few seconds as they were walking out of the front doors to go do whatever they had planned. I took the bus ride home and when I saw that mom wasn’t home, but I wasn’t for sure about dad. He was carpooling until he found a car to buy. When I turned the door handle to find it locked I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was short lived. I now realized that I’d be alone with Jonathon if he were to show up now. I didn’t see him on the bus. I didn’t see Matt either and I was starting to think I got ditched. I then opened the door using the key Mom gave me and walked up to my room. I made my bed then stared down at it. The bed was definitely off limits to Jonathon. I then looked at my box of paintings that I hadn’t unpacked yet and I shoved them into my closet. Then the sound of my doorbell scared the hell out of me. I walked downstairs and opened the door to find Jonathon standing there.

“Hey.” He greeted smiling at me.

“Hi.” I stammered in the doorway.

“Aren’t ya goin to let me in?” He asked looking over my shoulder.

“Oh yeah, come in.” I responded then I quickly stepped further into the house so that he could step into it.

“You know the family that lived here before you didn’t keep this house clean at all.” Jonathon revealed and I looked around. There was no evidence of that now though. Not even a stain of any kind. “Gloria must’ve worked really hard on cleaning this place up.”

“She was the one that cleaned it?” I asked and he nodded. He then started up the stairs like this was his home and all I did was follow him. The living room was safe to me, but now we were going up the stairs. He turned right into my room and I followed him.

“I see that you took down the wallpaper.” Jonathon said looking around the room. He stopped when he saw the fish sitting in the windowsill. “I’m surprised to see that fish here.”

“Why?” I asked walking up to the fish then I opened up it’s little can of food and sprinkled some into the bowl.

“Because mine always died after the first day.” Jonathon answered and I laughed slightly.

“What did you dad say when you told him you were coming anyway?” I asked sitting down on my bed. I jumped up when I realized where I was sitting and he looked at me. I was starting to fall apart and I needed to pull myself together.

“I told him that you were my friend and that I was old enough to choose them.” Jonathon answered frowning slightly.

“And he let you come like that?” I asked leaning against my wall.

“No I walked out of the house after that.” Jonathon responded and I smiled. He was risking his freedom just to hang out with me.

“What do you want to do?” I asked looking away. We had been looking at one another and I was starting to feel lonely. He started looking around the room then and when looked towards my closet he stood up and walked over to it. He bent down and scooted out the box.

“You’ve been here for awhile and you haven’t even unpacked everything.” Jonathon said shaking his head. The box was labeled and when he looked up at me I just stood there. I didn’t want him to see those for some reason, but I didn’t object when he gently pulled up the tape from the box. When he opened the flaps I walked over and we both sat down in the middle of the floor. He looked into it and found my painting of my old show jumping horse. It was going over a jump by itself.

“That’s Bandit my old show jumping horse.” I said and he looked over the picture.

“You’re really good Christian.” He praised then he set that one aside and he looked over the rest. I liked that he thought I was good. “Why don’t you have them out of the box?”

“I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.” I answered shrugging. I was going to start after dad suggested it, but I had been distracted.

“Want to hang them now?” He asked curiously.

“No I’ll do it later.” I answered and he started putting them back into the box.

“Well the next time I come over and these aren’t all over the house then we’re doing it.” Jonathon said and I believed him.

“Alright.” I responded and he smirked. He put the box back into the closet and then he turned and helped me to my feet. We didn’t stay close for that long because I took a step back.

“Christian can we talk?” Jonathon asked sounding serious. “If not then we can go play basketball or something.”

“Sure we can talk.” I answered, but then my mom entered the room.

“Christian I…” She started then trailed off. “Oh hey Jonathon.”

“Hi Mrs. Edwards.” Jonathon greeted then he reached out and patted Grace on the back. “Hey cutie.”

“Well are you two boys hungry?” Mom asked Jonathon looked over at me and he looked slightly disappointed.

“Maybe later mom.” I answered and she nodded.

“Where did you sister say she was going again?” Mom asked curiously and I shrugged. I didn’t know what she had planned. “That girl.” Mom then turned and left the room. Jonathon looked at the door for a little while then he walked over to it.

“Let’s go play basketball.” He suggested then he stepped out into the hallway.

“I thought we were going to talk.” I countered following him.

“Later.” Jonathon responded and I sighed. He couldn’t keep doing this to me. When we got out to the back yard I looked around. It was the first time that I was back here. The pool looked nice and the basketball court looked to be freshly paved. He was carrying a bag with him and when he put it down he took out a basketball.

“Why are you packing around a basketball?” I asked slightly amused.

“Well I figured you didn’t own one.” Jonathon answered then he started dribbling the ball.

“You were right.” I added and he looked over his shoulder.

“Well I don’t want to embarrass you so we’ll just play Horse.” Jonathon decided and I stepped onto the basketball court. “You can go first.”

“Alright.” I said then when he bounce passed the ball to me I caught it and started dribbling while I picked my spot to shoot from. I stopped and looked up at the goal and saw that I was pretty far away. I didn’t know how good Jonathon was, but it didn’t matter. My attempt caused him to laugh slightly. I threw the ball over the goal and he had to jog and retrieve it. When he returned and lined up his shot. It didn’t go in either, but at least he hit the backboard. I missed my second shot and then when he made his I grimaced. It was at a weird angle and when I shot it bounced off the rim.

“H.” He pointed out and I only stuck my tongue at him. After that the game was fast. He started hitting his shot and I kept missing mine. Each time he called out my new letter and when our first game was over we were both stuck at what to do again. I wanted to talk, but he didn’t want to.

“Do you want to swim?” I asked and he looked over at the pool.

“No.” He answered then he put the ball back into his bag. “We can have that talk now.”

“Ok, but we don’t have to.” I said then I followed him back through the back door and we bypassed mom who was sitting at the kitchen table. I heard Grace jabbering to herself in the living room and then we headed back up the stairs. We were sweating slightly even if we didn’t do anything too strenuous. “Are you thirst?”

“No.” Jonathon answered quickly. He then walked over to my bed and he sat down on it then scooted up to the headboard. He took off his shoes then he leaned back. I was standing by the door watching him and he was looking up at me.

“Come and sit.” Jonathon ordered and I hesitated for a few seconds remembering my own rule. The bed was off limits and when I sat down on the bottom of the bed and scooted up to sit beside him. We had a few inches separating us I was against the wall. I took my shoes off and tossed them into the floor.

“Are you ok up there?” Mom asked from the kitchen.

“Yeah mom.” I answered rolling my eyes. I didn’t even want to think of what was going on in my mother’s mind right now.

“I’m glad I met you Christian.” Jonathon said and I looked over at him.

“Why’s that?” I asked carefully.

“Well because I’ve never had a best friend.” Jonathon answered he was looking straight ahead. “It’s hard making friends when you’re me.”

“Hey come on now.” I offered reaching over and patting him on the shoulder. “You seem to be pretty popular at school.”

“Yeah in school not everywhere else.” Jonathon responded shaking his head. Then he turned to look at me. “You’re my best friend.”

“Really?” I asked and he nodded. I liked knowing that I was his best friend. Even if it happened pretty quickly. “Well you’re mine too.”

“Good.” Jonathon said and we were looking at one another again. His North Carolina tan made his eyes look brighter and I only let myself notice it now. “Christian the reason my dad didn’t want us to be friends was because something happened with me a while ago.”

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” I said he looked like he was struggling with something in his head. “I mean you can tell me when you’re ready and I’ll be patient, but I…”

“Christian I like you.” Jonathon interrupted me and I studied him.

“You’re a good friend.” I stammered and he frowned slightly.

“Yeah.” He said then he shrugged. Then I saw his hand inching towards my hand that I had resting on the bed. He was looking at me when I looked up.

“Jonathon.” I whispered nervously. When his hand slid over top of mine I looked down at it again. It sent shockwaves throughout my whole body and when he lifted my hand and pulled me towards him I noticed that his other hand was moving towards my head and when it wrapped around the back of my head he leaned over and he kissed me and I let him. We broke the kiss then and he looked worried until I smiled at him.

“I needed to do that.” Jonathon whispered he still had hold of my hand.

“You… you’re gay?” I stammered and he looked at me.

“Well straight guys don’t usually kiss guys.” Jonathon answered in a hushed voice. I laughed slightly. “I better get going though.”

“Why?” I asked and he let go of my hand.

“Because I need to go apologize to my dad so that I can see you more often.” Jonathon answered as he grabbed his shoes. When he put them on and tied them he stood up and we stopped at my bedroom door. Moved his head forward slightly and when I leaned forward we closed our eyes and kissed again. This time was quick and I followed him down the stairs.

“You boys hungry?” Mom asked when we entered the living room.

“No thanks Mrs. Edwards.” Jonathon answered, “I better get going.”

“Ok, come back whenever you want dear.” Mom said and he nodded and smiled at her.

“See you at school tomorrow Christian.” Jonathon said then opened the front door.

“Yeah, see you later.” I then he looked around before he walked past me. I looked over at mom, but when he returned with his bad draped over his shoulder he gave a quick wave before he stepped through the front door and closed it behind him. This place just got a whole lot better.

Copyright © 2011 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So I guess my suspicions were correct and the old preacher knows his son is gay. I’m glad Jonathan stood up for his freedom but his dad is going to be really suspicious of his relationship with Christian. If he finds out they’re more than friends he’ll flip.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..