Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,395 Words
  • 2,993 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 1. Chapter 1.1 - Taxon Jewels Act 1 - Summer Time Fun

For the First 5 chapters they will be split into Chapter 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3. As each boy is at different times in the timeline but I wish to tell their stories at the same time.
Chapter 1.1 you will meet Taxon Jewels as he starts his move to his mom's home town.

“Tax, are you almost ready!?” Mom called from downstairs. I was getting the last of my things ready for the move.

My mom and dad are moving back to their hometown, but my sister, and I are heading there early. We're flying there today, and I have done my very best to get all my stuff together. Our Uncles are gonna be there to pick us up.

Oh, I guess I should mention my name is Taxon Jewels. You can call me Tax, though. My sister and I are twins and turning 15 in November. My hair has its natural brown color, and my eyes are Hazel.

“GAAAAH!” I yelled. “Almost ready!” I looked at the pile of clothes that was on my floor... I'm nowhere near ready. This is the problem with being gay; you pack like a girl.

Oh ya, I'm gay. The first people I told were my uncles. Since they are gay, I knew they would accept me. After that, I told my parents, and they were happy and accepting too. Sure I lost some of my friends because of it, but that just means they weren't my friends to begin with.

I heard a laugh from the hallway. “You're nowhere near ready, and you know it, Tax.” Dash, my sister, walked into my doorway. Her two full sized suitcases behind her. “I mean, I just took everything. A girl's gotta keep her hair looking good.”

Dash, even though she's not named after it, has rainbow hair. She is commonly referred to as 'Rainbow Dash' and she's greatly embraced by it. One suitcase is probably all hair stuff; I wouldn't be surprised.

“You and I both know you just finished packing.”

She shrugged. “Ya, but we also know that you pack worse than I do.” I just glared at her; she's right, though. Like half these shirts I won't wear, but I want to bring them anyways.

“Will you help me bring the amount of shirts down?” Dash rolled her eyes before coming into my room and tossing like half my shirts back into boxes. Less than 5 minutes later, Dash had my bags packed and squeezed shut.

I first helped Dash with her bags downstairs. Mom gave her the stink eye, but she has the extra money for the extra bag. She might have way to much stuff, but she's got the cash for it!

So once we got to the airport, just before security mom started the rant of a worried parent. “You two stick together, and Uncle Antoine will be at the airport to pick you up. Stay with the staff you're given.”

Dash rolled her eyes. “Yes, mom we've got this.” Mom pulled us together into a huge hug. “This is embarrassing...”

“Mom, can you let go now?” My face was beat red as we waited for her to let go. “Seriously, this is getting too much now.”

Mom stepped back. “I'll be up there in a week. Enjoy your trip with Uncle Isaac, Tax.” Oh ya, forgot to mention, I'm only going to be there for a few days before I head off on a trip. Hopefully, it'll be a lot of fun. “Don't argue too much, and have fun.”

And like that, we started off through security. You know after the kisses from mom; she's a worrier. She'll be worrying until she sees us again.

 

Countless hours, two plane rides and siblings bickering we finally landed. The airport was super small compared to the Calgary airport. I lived just outside of Calgary, but now it's the great northwest of British Columbia.

Dash and I waited until everyone else was off the plane like we did last time. We're unaccompanied minors, so we have to wait. Which annoys the hell out of me, I like being the first one off the plane.

I sat there impatiently tapping my foot. “Calm down Taxon... Your tapping is just as annoying as the wait.” I crossed my arms and snorted, but stopped my tapping. “Thank you.”

What felt like forever of a wait finally ended when the flight attendant came up to us. “Okay you two, you're time has come up. Hope you have a good time with your stay in the area.” Dash and I got up as soon as we could.

Just like mom said Uncle Antoine was standing there with a sign with both our names. “Bienvenue à nouveau Dash et Tax.” Uncle Antoine is originally from Quebec, so he speaks a lot of French. He just welcomed us back.

“Hey, Uncle Antoine.” I gave him a wave as I adjusted my backpack. “How long until we get to your place?”

“A 45-minute drive and however long it takes to get your bags.” Oh good, it's not too bad of a drive then. “How was the flight?”

Dash rolled her eyes. “Tax was squirming the entire time. It was pretty good otherwise.” I gave my sister a shove to show my annoyance. She gave me a push back.

That was when the baggage claim started to move. “Hey! Let's get out bags.”

 

After we finally got our bags, we were off. Dash and I would take turns telling Uncle Antoine stories about anything and everything. We don't see our Uncles much outside of Christmas or when Uncle Isaac came for some kind of convention.

Uncle Isaac is the main artist for a popular Graphic Novel Series Blades of Eternity. And he's a Youth Mentor at the Youth Centre too. It's gotten so popular that there are two spin-off graphic novels currently going on as well. The story is about the 6 Sabers of Light growing up and keeping the world safe. You know typical action anime goodness. I'll tell you more about it some other time.

Uncle Antoine is the owner of a local collectors shop. So he has all kinds of cards and collectibles. He has a manga and comic section too; it's awesome. Last time I was up here, like two years ago, I spent all day at the store and probably helped more people than some of his employees.

We were just getting into town when I was talking about Blades. It's kinda a big obsession of mine. “I still can't believe Uncle Isaac is the main artist behind it all. I gotta hear the story of how it happened again.”

Dash rolled her eyes, and Uncle Antoine chuckled. “Well Tax, I may have an opening at the shop, would you be interested in making a little money?”

My eyes shine like glitter. “That would be amazing!!” Making money at a place I would enjoy working at? Sounds like a dream come true!

“Well, when you're back I'll start the process. Would you like a job Dash?”

She laughed. “I like that kind of stuff, but I'm no Tax about it. I'll find my own job thanks, though.” We drove into the part of town with the huge houses. Uncles bought a house from their friends a few years ago, just before our last visit. “I forgot you live in this part of town.”

Uncle Isaac was out in the yard, mowing the grass as we pulled up. The huge stone house looked so sweet. Ya, its driveway is a little steep, but that doesn't stop it from being awesome. He stopped mowing and walked over to the SUV. “Hello everyone.” He gave Uncle Antoine a kiss and us a hug. “Flight okay?”

“Tax was annoying; it was okay,” Dash repeated the answer.

Uncle Isaac laughed. “Well, I'm glad it wasn't too bad. I hope you enjoy your time with Uncle Antoine, Dash. I'm still surprised you didn't want to come on the trip.”

“I must make my mark around here and claim the best room.” She has already been given the bigger room here since she'll be in town when we move into the new place I guess that means she'll get the 'better room.'

“Well, welcome to your new home! For the time being at least.” It's time to start something new I guess. It could be worse... at least I get to escape reality for a bit soon. Just a couple of days and I have a trip to go on with my Uncle. I hope it turns out to be a fun time.

Chapter End.

Next chapter will be Hunter Brooks.
Isaac, who is a main character in Life's Expectations and Life's Little Lies, is Tax's uncle. Hunter has a much more direct connection with a cast member of the two stories. I hope you stick around to find out what it is.
You will see references to "Blades of Eternity" throughout this story. It is a work of fiction me and my friends worked on when we were growing up. I will do my best to tell it's plot as this story goes on but promise nothing.
Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..