Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,998 Words
  • 1,850 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 4. Chapter 2.1 - Taxon Jewels Act 2 - The Wanting of You

Sorry this took so long, I have been having computer issues. Here is the first of three parts of chapter 2!

“Taxon!!” Dash called from downstairs. I was standing at the edge of my bed looking into my suitcase. “Uncle Isaac is waiting in the car, and you're upstairs eyeballing an over packed suitcase!”

So true; I had almost two weeks of clothing neatly laid out and ready to be worn. There is something I'm missing; there has to be. “My jacket!” My favorite hoodie must come with me, the sleeves are so open and don't make it to my elbows. I got it as a birthday present.

Dash came barging into the room. “Seriously Tax, what is holding you up?” With a hand on her hip, she raised an eyebrow and popped her hip. I mimicked her exactly. “Okay, your sass is not needed.”

I laughed and broke my pose. “Where is my hoodie?”

She shrugged. “I don't know where ever you put it. Is that what the holdup is all about?” Dash shook her head as she went off yelling down to Uncle Antoine.

Quickly, I zipped up my suitcase and started heading downstairs. Peeking into every room along the way to find my hoodie. Bathroom, nope. Uncle's room, nope. Not even going to try Dash's chambers.

When I made it to the stairs, there was Uncle Antoine with my hoodie in hand. “It was in the kitchen, at the breakfast bar.”

“Thanks!” I picked up my way too heavy suitcase and took it down the stairs. “I'll see you in a week then!”

Uncle gave me a hug. “I'll have a position for you at the store when you get back.” He's the best! Uncle Isaac chose a super great guy.

“Thanks! I really mean it, you're the best.” I got a hug from my Uncle before heading out and meeting my other Uncle at the car. “Sorry for the wait.” Isaac shook his head and motioned me to get into the car.

It was a quiet ride down to the youth center. I was wondering about what this adventure could be. A lake, a city I've never been to, new possible friends. What could happen is so unknown! I love it!

“Here we are looks like mostly everyone is here.” I leaned forward to get a better look at everyone. I couldn't get a good look at everyone from in the car, though. As soon as we were parked, I got out of the car to see who everyone was.

I walked up to the three boys by the front doors and extended my hand. “I'm Taxon, but you can call me Tax. I'm 14, turning 15 in November.” I offered a kind smile, but only two of them accepted my hand in a shake.

“I'm Tyler; you'll probably get tired of my magic by the end of this trip.” Oh, cool a magician. I should have guessed since he was holding a deck of cards. “I turned 17 last month.” Tyler was much taller than me, with blonde hair just reaching his eyes. With long sleeves from his dress shirt and jacket, he has to have a couple of things up his sleeve.

The next kid, who was almost a whole head shorter than me. “The name is Luke I'm 13 and an aspiring soccer player.” His handshake was really firm and wild. His hair was as wild as his handshake. His dirty blonde hair was cut just enough to go around his face, cowlicks everywhere. It made him pretty cute, to be completely honest.

“Arroh.” The third guy said, uninterested. His brown hair was more controlled but more in his face than Luke's. The only thing stopping the brown hair was his glasses over his nice blue eyes.

Luke rolled his eyes. “Arroh is a 14-year-old ass; he'll open up to you in time. He always does.” Arroh rolled his eyes and gave off a snort. He just has some walls you have to work past, and you'll get to know the kid.

Uncle Isaac came up with a woman; I assume it was his boss Lucy. “Where's DJ?” Oh ya, that's right there is one more guy coming with us. I kind of forgot.

Tyler shrugged. “He lives nearby he's probably walking over. Dominique is 16; he's usually late, sleeps in too much.”

Luke started hopping on the spot. “I can go find him!!” He spoke one octave to loud.

There was a loud chuckle that came from the side of the building. “No need to do that Luke, I'm here.” I turned to see him, and we both stopped in our tracks.

He had a duffel bag over his shoulder and a smaller one at his side. His arms looked like they had nice muscle tone to them. DJ had perfectly set black hair and beautiful brown eyes. I swear to god, I almost let out a sigh but covered my mouth before it could get out.

DJ waved to me. “I'm Dominique; you can call me DJ though. It's easier for me to write down.”

“Shouldn't it just be D-o-m-i-n-i-c?”

DJ shook his head. “Change that 'C' into a q-u-e and you have my name. At a young age, I decided my nickname would be better to write down.” He set his bags down by my Uncle's car. “The 'J' comes from my middle name, Johnathan.”

“Okay, boys!” Uncle's boss spoke. “Two of you will go with Isaac, and the others will come with me. By the way Taxon, I'm Lucy.” I offered her a wave.

“Can I go with my Uncle?” I don't want to be part of an awkward silence between 4 others.

“Of course, does anyone want to volunteer to go with Isaac?” Before I knew it, DJ raised his hand. “Thank you, DJ.”

“No problem, I would like to get to know the number two Blades fan.” I raised an eyebrow; I'm number one what is he talking about? “I'm the number one!”

I snorted. “Challenge accepted small fry.”

The entire car ride was Uncle Isaac asking questions about everything there could be. DJ and I were pretty much on par with getting the same amount questions right. We would get off topic and talk about theories or fights that have happened. It made the car ride go by very very quickly.

“Kiari is the coolest guy! I can't wait for him to get into a real fight!” Kiari is one of the trainers of the main set of characters, and he has a spin-off of his own. He's one of the strongest characters, and he took out the whole main cast by himself.

Needless to say, when he does get in a fight, it's going to be very one-sided. “I like Silka and Rasoul, how they work together perfectly. I hope by the end of 'book two' Silka returns to his body.”

The way the author wants the story to go is by “books”. Between each book is a time skip and it produces a new antagonist, usually seen in the last book. In book one Silka lost his body to a man named Zorc, who possessed him. In book two he was found in a boy named Rasoul's body. They co-exist as one being.

Uncle laughed at our enthusiasm. “Silka is one of my favorite characters as well. Kiari's abilities were my idea actually. In fact, most of the Kiari spin-off was my ideas. That's why it's 'Written by Isaac Rieu and Akio Takei. Art by Isaac Rieu'.” That's actually really cool! Who knew my Uncle could think of stories! “Yes Akio does more of the plot work, but most of the characters were thought up by yours truly.”

DJ piped up. “Is it true that Akio and Domino are named after the author and his sister?”

“Yes, it is! Domino is Akio's older sister, who has excellent skill in knives.” That's cool; the character Domino is like a grand-master of knife combat. Unfortunately, they were bad guys, who have the highest kill count in the story but died in the first book. “We're here boys!”

I got so distracted that I didn't even notice we had turned off the main road. The cabins were so pretty, and each one had a view of the lake. It looked awesome! I want to get out on that water!

With a zip and a zoom we got everything unpacked and into our cabin for the weekend. Lucy had gotten there before us and already talked to the site owner and gotten everything sorted out. Luke was already in a pair of swimming shorts. Arroh, in shorts and a tank top.

“We're getting ready to swim, and we figured you two wouldn't mind sharing a bed. Arroh can't stand sharing beds, so we gave him the bunk.” Tyler said sitting on a hammock. “Hope you two don't mind.”

I quickly snapped out, “I don't mind.” and looked over to DJ, who shrugged. “You don't mind sleeping in the same bed as me?”

DJ offered a smile. “It's fine; I don't see any problem with it.”

I shyly dropped my head. “I am gay... I don't want to make you feel awkward.”

Arroh spoke up, sternly. “DJ doesn't care; he's an open guy. Probably not that open but enough to sleep in bed with you.” He took a step off the deck towards the water. “I'll see you in the lake.” Luke quickly followed him.

Lucy took Isaac aside, and they started talking about something. Tyler went inside without so much of a word. That left DJ and me alone, after Arroh's awkward comment. Umm... what do I do?

DJ scratched the back of his head. “Sorry about Arroh, he's... complicated.”

“I can tell. All I've got from him is the cold shoulder.” I went to go inside, but DJ stopped me.

“What Arroh said... I have experimented with guys before just like most boys do. I sorta did stuff with Arroh's older brother, who has a major thing for me.” That would make things awkward for them I guess. “Regal is a cool kid, just... I didn't feel anything with him.”

“So you're not straight?”

He shrugged. “I just got dumped by someone who I thought I loved. She thought we didn't click... I like to keep an open mind, so I don't know.” He grabbed his last duffel bag and started bringing it inside. “To be honest Tax... I don't know what I like, I just do.”

I could feel my face burn red as I closed my eyes. “So I have a chance?” I braced for impact. I have a huge feeling I am about to lose my bed mate.

I heard a sweet laugh. “You might Tax, you just might.” I didn't close my eyes until the door closed. I slowly opened my eyes and started bouncing around. I squealed like a little girl while shaking my hands around.

Tyler came out of the cabin, towel over his shoulder. “Someone's excited about something. Use that energy to get into your swimsuit.” I laughed and went inside, finding my suitcase in the main room.

DJ came out of a room, shirtless. I had to take a breath; he had a nice set of muscles on him. “This is our room; I'll see you out on the water.” I could only nod and watch him leave the cabin.

Uncle Isaac came in as he left. “How's the crushing?” My mouth dropped to the floor. “I heard the squeals, Taxon; there is no fooling me.”

I blushed. “So DJ is cute, and he likes Blades as much as I do...”

He shook his head at me. “Just don't do anything stupid. I don't want to have to send you home.”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine, I'll stay in check.”

“Good, now get your swimsuit on, they are waiting for you.” Aside from Arroh's coldness, this is a nice start to vacation! I like it a lot right now; it can only get better!!

Chapter End.

Tax met a guy, Tax met a guy! I wonder where it will go. Find out more Act 3 of Tax!
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..