Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,356 Words
  • 2,542 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Little Life of Nolan Parks - 14. Connor Buick - Superman Tonight

This story contains mature content; rape, incest, and abuse being a few. This is a warning so you do not enter into the story without warning. I promise, even though this is a darker story, it does not have a dark ending.
Enjoy!
This chapter, you get a glimpse into Connor's life and as such it will be in Connor's POV.

As I walked into my house, I took a look around. Still messy from the large dinner we had the night before; we had my grandparents over to eat. TV was blaring some sport, sounded like hockey. Maybe I'll be able to sneak by without anyone noticing my change in pants.

I manage to pass the kitchen unseen, living room I wasn't as lucky. James caught me. “What's with the sweats Connor?”

I froze. “Um...” I tried to think of a good excuse. “I slipped and fell into a mud puddle. My friend let me borrow his sweats for the night.”

James' eyebrows raised up, “What were you doing to make yourself fall into the mud?” Again I froze. “Tell the truth Connor.” James waited for me to answer.

“I was restrained from going to the bathroom...” I ended my statement there. Hopefully, he could figure out the rest.

James got up, “Who was it this time Connor?” I remained silent. “You're not going to help yourself if you don't do something about stuff.”

My eyes fell to the ground in shame. “If I tell on him he'll just make things worse. That's how it's always been.”

James sighed, “Look, you gotta do something about it okay? You can't just sit there.” I nodded and bolted out of the room.

James has always been the protective older brother. He's always defended me when he could. He's a pretty cool older brother. People like to say that I look like a younger version of James, who looks like a younger version of my dad. So I guess I look like my dad when he was younger.

I quickly got changed and brought the clothes to the laundry room. In my house, if you're thirteen or above you can and must do your own laundry. For that, I am ever so happy! The amount of times I've done laundry that I didn't want my parents to see... Ya I don't even want to know.

Once I got the load in the washer, I went to the kitchen, mom's kingdom, to grab something to eat. Mom greeted me. “How was your day Connor?”

I smiled awkwardly. “Pretty good, I only have a couple of worksheets for homework.” Mom always asks how my day was and then if I had any homework. So I just answer both at once now.

“Good, so you'll be able to go out tonight then.” I turned to see my dad walking into the kitchen. Let’s put it this way, my dad usually gets home after I've gone to bed at night. If he is home before that, he wasn't working and too tired to do anything.

“You're home!!” A huge grin filled my face, “Don't you work tonight?”

Dad shook his head, “My boss gave me the night off. Said I've been working too much lately and to go do something with my boys.” Dad's boss is now 100% more awesome! “I thought we could go swimming. I haven't been to the pool since they renovated it.”

“Okay!” I grew impatient all throughout dinner. I just wanted to go. The moment I finished eating I got my stuff together and was ready at the door.

Mom looked over at me, “You really are excited aren't you?”

“YA! Dad's been cooped up in his office for weeks now!” More like a month and a half but who's counting. “We finally get to hang out a bit!”

And just like that Dad was ready. “Okay, Connor let’s get our... Oh, it looks like you're already ready.” Mom and I laughed before we headed out.

The car ride there, Dad kept asking about school and stuff. I told him about Nolan, Henry, and the rest. He seemed really happy that I had found friends. In elementary school, I didn't have many friends, and it always worried my parents.

Dad paid for us to get into the pool. I immediately took a stall to change. I've always hidden behind something, not stopping now. When I came out, James had his locker open to put my stuff. He owned a lock; I didn't.

We got into the pool and, of course, the first stop was the hot tub. It might make the pool water cold afterwards but it was what dad wanted... well needed. We only stayed in there for about a half an hour before we moved into the shallow pool.

I was walking in as I felt water get dumped over me. “GAAAH!” I turned around to see James with a bucket in his hands, “JAMES!” Dad and James had a laugh as I splashed both of them. That might have turned into a splashing war between the three of us.

Suddenly a kid swam up to me underwater. It's shallow enough for kids, but you can still get under it. When he popped up an orange main of hair appeared, “Never seen you so carefree Connor.” When he moved the hair from his face, it reviled Justin.

I blushed as dad spoke, “He's having fun with his father, that's why. Who might you be?”

Justin stuck out his hand. “My name is Justin Jynx sir. I'm proud to call Connor my friend at school.” They shook hands.

From behind me, I heard another voice, “Justin!” I turned around to see not only Henry, who was speaking but everyone. Richie and Randy, Dylan, Tobi and even Nolan were here. Nolan seemed a little skittish, and there was an older kid close by him. They were the only ones, not in professional swim gear. “Oh, hey Connor.”

Dad spoke again, “And who is this cast and crew?” So the group introduced themselves to my dad. Liam, the kid with Nolan, introduced himself and Nolan. “So these are your friends Connor?”

I nodded, “Ya...”

A proud smile came on his face. He crouched down and waved Nolan over. Liam followed him. “Nolan, I wish to thank you very much.”

Nolan's eyes went wide, “Me?”

My dad nodded, “Ever since you spoke to my son he has become a much happier boy. I've been very busy with work and haven't been able to spend much time with him. My wife tells me that he comes home smiling and talks about his friends Nolan and Henry all the time. Your simple gesture of eating with Connor that day has helped him greatly and for that I thank you.”

Nolan gave out a giggle. His face gleamed with happiness, something Nolan hasn't done for a little bit. “You’re welcome sir. I only did what I thought was right.”

“You've done much more than that.” At this point, I don't think my face could have been any redder. I know my dad doesn't mean to embarrass me but how can this not embarrass someone? “Connor you can go play with your friends if you'd like.”

I turned to my dad and then back to my friends. I really wanted to go hang out with my friends, but this was dad and his boy’s time. “If you want to stay with your dad we get it. I mean if he's been busy with work, by all means, stay here dude.” Henry smiled.

Liam spoke up, “Nolan, and I aren't going into the big pool. Maybe we could join in on your fun, and they can go show off.”

“I'm staying here too. I've had enough swimming for one day; I need some play.” Tobi spoke up for the first time.

It was settled then and there. Tobi, Liam, and Nolan joined us in the shallow pool. Richie, Randy, Justin, and Henry went back over to the deep end and showed off a bit.

Nolan asked for us not to splash him with water. He sat down over in a corner and watched us play. At one point, Dad sat down beside him for a bit and Nolan seemed to cheer up. After that, we started to play 'ball tag' as Tobi called it. Honestly, having my friends join in on our fun was the best. I... I actually feel loved.

Chapter End.

This story was originally posted on Nifty and will hopefully now be on Gay Authors. If you've read it on Nifty, and reading it again thanks! If you're reading it for the first time, I hope you enjoyed!
Copyright © 2016 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great to see Connor making such a good group of friends, and great that he's bonded so closely with his dad. Dad seems to be a good guy, really caring about Connor even if the job doesn't allow as much time to be demonstrative as he'd like.
Nicely done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Awww getting Connors' POV was awesome. He seems like such a good kid, you wonder why anyone would want to pick on him and not be his friend. I hope he does realise these are true friends who will be there for him when his dad and older brother can't be. Lovely chapter.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..