Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,578 Words
  • 906 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Those Nights of My Life - 5. Chapter 5 - Those Nights Belong To Us

What happened the night that broke the final string of Mr. and Mrs. Christensen?

Xavier speaking will be in this text.

Kade will be in this text.

 

 

Welcome to Part five of Those Nights of My Life. Today you'll meet Kade.

Hello!

That was Kade taking my pen and writing for me. Anyways, Kade will be taking over after a bit because he knows what happened at his place better than I do.

His dad is cray-cray

No spoilers Kade! Anyways, after Elsa found me in the kitchen mom brought me into therapy. The guy recommended to my mom to cut all ties with my father, which she was already in the process of, and moving.

Smart man that therapist is.

Again Kade? Please stop interrupting and let me tell my story.

Okay, sorry, please continue. I won't interrupt again till it's my turn.

Thank you.

Anywho, we couldn't move until one of two things happened. My parents finalized their divorce, or my dad gave up the house in some way shape or form. So we were stuck.

Ben and I talked to Chandler after his parents got back. We told him that dad wasn't in the house and mom had an order of protection. With that info, he told us that he wouldn't go around telling everyone.

That being said though, my dad was doing just that. He would get drunk off his rocker and start spewing out how he hated his family. Co-workers, random strangers... anyone really.

Somehow Quinton got a hold of this information. “You guys threw your dad out onto the street! Your family is heartless!” Of course, he only knew part of the story.

Ben glared at him. “You have no right nor idea of what you're talking about. So kindly go away, far far away.”

Chandler even stepped in. “Know the facts before you start saying nonsense.” I stood there doing nothing.

“Well, if little Mr. Runaway would just stay at home maybe he wouldn't get so mad.” That feeling I got from that comment. It made me want to cry the moment he said it.

Elsa overheard that comment. “Quinton how about you take your tiny dick somewhere else.”

Quinton was stunned for a moment. “Fuck you Ice Queen!”

She rolled her eyes. “I'm as cold as ice, I know. No need for the comment. Now go bye-bye small dick.”

Quinton's anger rose. “You have no proof.”

She giggled. “Ever seen '17 again'? Are you just dumb then? Or maybe gay!? Oh, you'd look really nice with Ollie.” Ollie was the most confident gay guy in the school. He was a pretty cool dude too.

Quinton growled and was off. I guess he couldn't take the backlash that is Elsa.

 

What was said by Quinton went around the school like a wildfire! Elsa, Ben and I got bombarded with questions. It wasn't particularly fun. After school was the worse, everyone had time for questions.

“Is it true?” “What happened with your dad?” “Are you doing okay?” Are just some examples but man were there a shit ton more asked.

Chandler, Ben and I were walking along just talking. Chandler randomly jumped in front of us. “Do you two want to sleep over tonight!?” It was a Friday, so entirely possible.

Ben answered for us. “We'd have to ask our mom.”

Chandler then realized something. “Shit, I got to ask my parents too... I'll call mine right now!” He took out his phone and called home. He was on the phone for a few minutes.

Midway through the conversation he nodded to us, his signal that it was good on his end. So Ben took out his phone and called mom.

She answered it quite quickly. “Hey Ben, how was school?” We had put her on speaker.

Ben and I replied at the same time. “Good!”

Mom laughed to herself. “Hello, Xavier. What's up you guys?”

“Can we sleep over at Chandler's? His parents are okay with it if you are.” Ben explained.

Mom thought about it for a brief moment. “Yes, yes you two can. Have fun.”

Ben and I looked at each other for a moment confused. Mom was never this 'letting' for lack of better words. Something was up, and I had to find out. “No more questions? What's going on?”

Mom sighed. “Just go to your sleepover, everything is fine. I'll see you two tomorrow. Love you.”

“Love you too, bye.” Ben and I again spoke together. We have our creepy twin moments.

Chandler was standing there; he apparently got off the phone in the middle of our phone call. “You two can be creepy sometimes...” It didn't help that both of our reactions were to roll our eyes. “Anyways... To the Chandler Cave!” And we were off to Chandler's.

Now this is the part where Kade will take over.

Damn right it is!

Okay, calm down Kade and let me explain stuff. Now, the reason we were allowed to sleep over so easily was that Dad was coming over that night. Mom thought it would be better if I weren't at home. Well... what happened was unexpected.

Yes... yes it was.

So here's where I was at that night: I knew Xavier and Ben were sleeping at Chandler's. My dad and step-mom were out on the town, and Grant was staying at my mom's place with us.

Grant and I were playing some board game or another. I can't remember which one, MOVING ON!! We were just hanging out when the doorbell sounded. When I looked at the time, it read about 11pm.

Mom went over to answer it. After a few minutes, I heard a voice coming from the entry way. “...ier here!?”

There was a bit of an argument that could be heard from my position. Then suddenly Mom's voice rose. “Get out of my house!”

I quickly turned towards the entry way, not seeing anything I returned my vision towards Grant. He was visibility distressed from what Mom had said.

The next voice I knew too well. Slurred and stumbly, there was no mistake about who it was. Xavier's drunk father. “Where are you hiding him!?”

“You will leave now Mr. Christensen or I will call the police.”

I got up and marched over to the front door. You could smell the alcohol on Mr. Christensen, he was just that drunk. He was wobbly and super uncoordinated to add to it all.

What I did was simple. I pushed him out of the doorway and closed and locked the door. Yelling, “Go away, Save isn't here!” as I did so.

Mom smacked me in the back of the head. “I had it handled Kade.”

“Now he's outside and can't bother us anymore.”

So I went back to playing whatever game I was playing with Grant. Honestly why can't I remember that game? It's on the tip of my tongue... I swear!

Kade, can we get back to the story?

SHUT THE BOX!! We were playing shut the box.

Great, can we go back now?

But what if they want to know how it works?

That game is 50% house rules, and they have Google to look that up. Can you please continue?

FIIIINE.

So after like five minutes of playing after I shut the door, there was another knock. This time it didn't stop, it just went on and on. Mom, Grant and I just kind of stared at each other.

Then Mr. Christensen yelled, “Let me in, I'm here to get my son! He snuck out, and I know he's here! I'll call the police if you do not let me in!”

Mom quickly grabbed the phone and went into another room. She only pressed three buttons so I figured she was calling 911 before he could.

Grant looked at me. “Doesn't that man know that his son isn't here?”

I sighed. “It's complicated Grant. Xavier has sneaked over before.”

“Xavier is your friend, right?”

“Yes, my best friend.”

“But he's not here and you told him that. Why does he still think he is?”

“Because he's had too much alcohol.” This was the day Grant learned not to over drink, even on special nights. I don't think I've ever seen him super drunk.

Anyways, skip over Mr. Christensen knocking on the door for another 10 minutes. The police came and got statements from everyone. There was even a police car outside Xavier's.

As it turns out, mom was planning on starting the divorce proceedings, but dad showed up drunk. After that, she made him leave. He did the knocked like crazy at home too. It was a good thing I wasn't home that night.

I could bore you and continue with other stuff, but nothing else really happened. After my dad had left the house, I didn't really see him much until my therapist said it was a good idea to do so.

My life went up hill after mom and dad split up... I don't really know what else to add here...

Shut the box rules...

Oh my god Kade give it a rest! Oh, I got it! So I actually didn't learn about this incident until like... YEARS later so I wasn't really affected by it. So no like super upset Xavier today. Sorry.

There you thought of something, now shut the box...

That's the end of part 5 of my tale.

Wait! The rules!

I'll see you next time when things finish up!

You’re ignoring me!

BYE!

Sorry I didn't realize I never posted chapter 5 on here. Chapter 6 will be out shortly I promise!
Copyright(2015)(Kuragari129); All Rights Reserved
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..