Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Fell Into The Back Of My Mind - 2. Small Problems and Even Smaller Problems

Mark meets two surprises.

Chapter Two: Small Problems and Even Smaller Problems

Mark watched Tyler with a curious, hopeful look. Tyler couldn’t not notice. He flirted with girls nonstop; he had to know when somebody was flirting with him, that Mark was flirting with him. Tyler just scowled at him.

“I’m not your slave Mark, do it yourself.”

Mark wanted to pout except that would make him look girly, guys don’t pout, “But I can’t cook.”

Tyler glared, “And I suppose you can’t get off your butt and go across the street either? Look I got to head to work, I’m going to be late, see you later.”

Mark huffed, the flirting had failed Tyler was still acting like a jackass. He had thought for sure that he had gotten thru to him this time. Mark nearly sighed, maybe Tyler wasn’t gay, and there was a chance right?

He snorted. If Tyler wasn’t gay then neither was Mark, which he was completely no doubt about that. Tyler had stared at his legs for crying out loud! He had been staring off into space while holding him in his arms, he’d even joked around about fucking him! Well maybe it was all a coincidence, you never knew right?

Tyler could have just been weird because he hadn’t had his coffee, and he did admit that his legs might be girly… a little. Maybe Tyler was just horny because he hadn’t had a girl over since his break up with Janice.

Mark grimaced; he’d known that any relationship with that girl would end badly. The first clue? Her name, what kind of name was Janice anyway, ick. Then it had been her attitude, she was the most spoiled brat to ever wobble in high heels that he had ever met and he being an artist that painted portraits of spoiled rich brats for a living well let’s just say he knew a lot of them.

She had an annoying love of neon pink, always dressed in suffocating clothes and was either acting like a slut or a prude, both personalities were always set on extreme. Janice was the definition of extreme. She had blond hair a dyed blond that look completely unnatural on her. Her eyes were a natural blue that would always fill up with tears at a drop of a hat. Surprisingly she wasn’t an actress but an accountant. This completely stunned Mark because she didn’t look like she could put two and two together. Janice also had a thing for pencil skirts and six inch heels, which was funny to watch he’d tell you that.

Watching a ‘woman’ - nineteen with a baby face oh help him lord she was a drop away from jail bait – shuffle around in heels and restricting clothes that didn’t even allow her to lift her foot two inches off the ground while trying to keep her balance without lifting both arms or clutching to something beside her was so funny that holding in his laughter almost killed him.

Well okay maybe she wasn’t that bad but she was pretty damn close! It didn’t help that she was after his man, which on its own was grounds enough for him to hate her with every ounce of his being. Tough luck sister.

To make it worse Janice had flirted with him. Him! What kind of girl flirted with the best friend of their boyfriend? Didn’t she think he would tell Tyler? He had told him but Tyler being oblivious had just brushed him off and it took him walking in on Janice on her knees with some dude to finally get it thru to him. They had gotten so drunk that night, it was rather enjoyable watching Tyler curse her out, though the pathetic crying had made him cringe. Janice wasn’t the type of girl to cry over, you were supposed to rejoice when she left but he hadn’t wanted to argue with Tyler so he hadn’t brought it up.

Tyler appeared freshly showered and dressed. His hair was in that messy style that he had perfected over the years. He was a natural blond, so pale it looked white, it stood out from his golden skin in an exotic way. His eyes were a warm chocolate that he usually used to glare down idiots; Mark unfortunately was seen as belonging to that group. He was dressed in a grey suit that looked soft instead of drab, followed by a white button down shirt and black shoes. Seeing Tyler in his work gear turned him on like no other.

Mark could safely say that Tyler was the only History teacher he had ever found attractive.

Tyler came toward him and took out his wallet. He fished out a twenty, “Here go get some waffles from Mabel.”

Mark wiggled his nose at the money, opening his mouth he argued, “No way you know I hate it when you throw your money at me, I have a job I can make my own money.”

Tyler shoved the twenty into Mark’s clenched hand, “You’ve hit a dry streak pay me back after you finish a project.”

Mark wanted to argue but truth was he had hit a dry streak, he was a private painter who painted for clients, he painted for his own sake of course but that didn’t make money. He was under contract so he couldn’t sell any of his paintings to anyone except his clients. That didn’t mean he wasn’t famous though, he had many people clawing to become his clients, though another part of his contract was that the clients had to approve of potential clients. Not that he really cared; he made a lot… though at the moment…

“Fine,” Mark didn’t pout, seriously he didn’t.

It had to a trick of the light, that couldn’t have been a smile on Tyler’s face, no matter how fleeting.

“Well I have to be going, I’ll be back for lunch,” Tyler said as turned toward the door.

Mark sighed as Tyler exited the kitchen, he heard the door open and when it didn’t automatically close he tilted his head curiously.

“Mark, get your ass over here!”

Mark flinched, Tyler had sounded pissed. What had happened now?

Mark replied hastily, “Coming!”

He got up and have hopped half ran to the door. Standing beside Tyler were two kids. A blond haired girl, dressed in a black jacket, jeans, fur foots and a scarf that nearly covered her whole face who looked about thirteen. She held the hand of a young boy that looked five.

His heart stopped. That boy could have been his double when he was younger from the raven hair and blue eyes to the thumb in his mouth.

“So Mark can you explain to me what your kids are doing here!?”

Still short sorry... as I get more into it the chapters will get longer, promise!
Copyright © 2012 Lalanekomaster; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Alright. Now we have the promised surprises. You've got my interest. Please continue. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Link to comment

Oh man, things are bad. It's only 1:45 a.m. and I used up all my likes already! How does that work? lol

 

Anyway, I enjoyed the second chapter. Now it's more obvious that Mark is really into Tyler. It wasn't so obvious to me in the first chapter.

 

And don't you have to go to college to become an accountant?

 

Looking forward to the next chapter. I can't wait to hear Mark's explanation for having kids! lol

Link to comment
On 07/22/2012 03:49 PM, Lisa said:
Oh man, things are bad. It's only 1:45 a.m. and I used up all my likes already! How does that work? lol

 

Anyway, I enjoyed the second chapter. Now it's more obvious that Mark is really into Tyler. It wasn't so obvious to me in the first chapter.

 

And don't you have to go to college to become an accountant?

 

Looking forward to the next chapter. I can't wait to hear Mark's explanation for having kids! lol

Very good you caught that *winks* nope it wasn't an error on my part all shall be explained just keep reading ^^
Link to comment
On 07/22/2012 01:46 PM, Rebelghost85 said:
Alright. Now we have the promised surprises. You've got my interest. Please continue. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.
Let's hope I keep that interest ^^ More surprises to come promise ^^
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..