Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 3,501 Words
  • 5,473 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Electric Blue and Catnip - 17. Chapter 17

Joshua sat on the couch beside Marion Taylor in her large living area and found his attention riveted to the album she was turning on the glass coffee table. It was almost three o’clock in the afternoon and he’d yet to crush and burn three hours into their three day weekend. A good sign…, he frowned, he hadn’t decided yet.

“This one is Allegra, my youngest and Alexi’s mother.” Marion pointed to a brunette smiling into the lens holding a baby boy. “She’s holding Phillip, Alexi’s older brother.”

“She’s beautiful.” Joshua complimented noting that Alexi had his mother’s eyes. They were kind brown eyes that constantly fascinated him on Alexi. “She looks like Alexi.”

“You’re right about that.” Marion smiled adjusting her reading glasses. She turned her silver head to look at him. Her gaze made him feel like an ant caught under a microscope.

The moment she’d met them at the front door he’d understood Lily’s urgency. Marion was a woman who missed nothing.

Her hair, elegantly streaked with grey was tied back with a clip. She was dressed in a pristine yellow dress, her feet in yellow Capri keds. When they’d walked up the steps, she’d pulled Alexi into a long maternal hug and scrutinized him keenly. She’d greeted him with a slight smile, but he was no novice. He’d known with that one glance that she was reserving her judgment until she got to spend time with him.

They’d had a lively short lunch in the kitchen. He’d found out that Alexi’s grandfather had gone out to pick up two of Alexi’s uncles from the airport. He’d also gotten to meet two of Alexi’s cousins, John and Vic who were in their late teens. The two cousins were staying with their grandparents for the summer and were helping prepare for the party tomorrow. It turns out that they were the first of the guests to arrive.

After lunch, Marion had sent Alexi off with his cousins to make sure the beach was ready for a volleyball game tomorrow. When he’d stood up to follow Alexi, she’d tantalized him with this album session saying it wasn’t right to make a guest work the first day. Alexi had given him a swift kiss on his cheek and left without a thought. Marion was a smart woman he mused as she turned the page.

“Allegra is the most vibrant of my children.” Miriam continued as she pointed at an older picture with five smiling children. “I had three boys and two girls. Two months ago, I became a great grandmother. My oldest son’s daughter welcomed a beautiful little boy. The Taylor generation is growing.”

“You have a lovely family, Mrs. Taylor.” Joshua peered at the summer shot of the five children in swim suits by the beach. He guessed their ages at around fourteen for the oldest and five for the youngest. “Will they all be here for the fourth?”

“Everyone except Allegra, her husband and Phillip,” Marion said. “I’m hoping she will insist they come before Alexi leaves New York. I don’t get to see her as often as I’d like. She helps me run a research foundation and Hideki runs his family business, they’re busy people.”

“I’m sure they’ll come.” Joshua assured her sitting back on the settee as she shifted the album to her lap and closed it. She turned on the seat to look at him.

“Tell me about you Joshua Randolph. What do you do for a living?”

“I’m a professor at NYU, Eastern Literature.”

“Have you written recent papers?” She placed the album on the coffee table. “I only ask because my other daughter is an environmental biology professor. She’s constantly lost in the jungle studying plants and insects.”

He chuckled. “I’m more likely to be lost in old dusty books in India. At the moment, my research is on hold. I haven’t had time to spend on any papers this summer.”

Truth was Alexi was more interesting than spending time reading about the Japanese Meiji period. Before Alexi, he’d planned on making sense of notes he’d received from a fellow professor from the Tokyo University. The notes were an account of a Samurai’s life in the Meiji period that had seemed exciting when he first received them. They were currently stashed on a pile of his research on a desk at his house. He hadn’t touched them since meeting Alexi.

Marion studied him for a moment.

“I wasn’t sure what to expect when Alexi told us he’d be bringing his boyfriend. He’s stayed away from us for two years now. You can imagine my shock when a month ago we get news that Adrian, his long time boyfriend, is a thief.”

He met her gaze and nodded. “Alexi told me.”

“Of course he did,” Marion said with a small smile. “He was probably afraid I’d sit you down and run you through a short painful interview.”

“Are you?” Joshua asked with a grin.

“We’re having one right now, young man.” Marion returned his grin. “I can see why he likes you so much. You’re very easy going. Tell me about your family. You have two sisters is that right?”

Joshua nodded glad that she wasn’t pretending not to know. “Yes I do. Jenny and Alicia both married now. Alicia just before summer started. Actually, Alexi and I met the morning of Alicia’s wedding.”

Marion’s eyes widened. “How do you mean? Was Alexi at the wedding?”

“No,” Joshua chuckled. “He was running in the morning at the park, and a little incident happened. You can say we ran into each other.”

“Details,” Marion said her eyes bright with excitement.

“Well, my sister had her wedding at Bryant Park and I was making sure the site was ready. City council was putting up some sort of statue and they lost control while they were lifting it up. Alexi was running along the path listening to music, oblivious to the situation and I just ran toward him. Hoping that I’d reach him before the huge statue did.”

“Oh my God,” Marion gaped. “Obviously you did. Otherwise, I’d not have my Alexi.”

“I did. I tackled him full force into the ground and got cursed out for my efforts. He was yelling at me in Japanese, you can imagine my surprise.”

Marion laughed. “He gets that way when he’s excited. So you speak Japanese?”

“Yes. My research demands I know the language, so many of the documents I find are written in Japanese, or Chinese so it’s a necessity.” Joshua shrugged. “It comes in handy when we’re sitting around with Alexi and Lily.”

“You talk with Lily Mikado?” Marion asked with a raised brow.

“Yes, she’s very charming and protective of Alexi. She’s also tough, I’m half afraid of her.”

Marion burst into a laugh. “Lily is a girl after my own heart. Joshua Randolph, I don’t think I’ll mind you too much.”

He smiled at the way she phrased that statement. A soft knock on the door had Marion raising her head to look at the young maid standing by the door.

“Yes, Terry.”

“The catering company is here and the party planner as well.”

“Good, show them in.” Marion turned to him. “Well, I hope you’re ready for a Taylor family weekend. We’re a lively bunch, but I think you’ll survive.”

She stood up and smoothed her dress down with her left hand. With her right, she pointed to the terrace doors. “Those doors should let you out to the swimming pool and beyond that, there’s a small white gate that will take you to the beach.”

“Are you sure I can’t help with anything in here?” he asked.

“No, tomorrow you can help. Today, go enjoy the beach.” She smiled and waved him off just as a young woman who looked like she should be in a vogue magazine walked in with a wide smile. “And here is the party planner, Gina, you look lovely as always.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Taylor.” Gina greeted Marion with a short handshake.

He left them seating down to go through the folders Gina had brought with her. He walked along the length of the pool, stepped off the pavement onto the deep green patch of grass. A small gate led him into a dirt path with trees and shrubs on either side. He smiled as the scent of salty water filled his nostrils. The dirt path turned to sand and opened to the beach. He took in the ocean blue-green water dotted with boats.

An excited cry had him jerking his head to his left to find Alexi running toward him. He grinned at Alexi’s enthusiastic reception, but when Alexi ducked behind him, he glanced up to find Vic poised with a water balloon which he promptly launched.

Alexi laughed and took off at a run as the water balloon splashed on him wetting his shirt. Vic roared with laughter and rushed after Alexi. Behind him, their other cousin, John, appeared holding two balloons filled with water.

He groaned and started after Alexi and Vic. They ended up at the beach trying to escape John’s balloons. He grabbed Alexi and pulled him into a kiss, long enough to divert John. John stood holding his balloons and Vic grabbed them out of his hands and smashed them on top of John’s head.

Joshua broke the kiss and grinned at John.

“Gotcha ya,” Joshua teased.

Alexi grinned and shook his head. “He’s going to get you back when you least expect it.”

“I’ll be waiting.” Joshua slipped an arm around Alexi’s waist. The cousins laughed happily.

*****

Alexi leaned on the back of a couch in the living room and watched Joshua talking with his uncles. They laughed and he smiled at the easy way Joshua seemed to meld into his family. His cousins liked him; his aunt thought he was handsome. His grandfather was still a bit cold but that was to be expected of Phillip Taylor.

“Stop ogling him.” Marion leaned on the couch beside him handing him a glass of strawberry juice. “Your heart is in your eyes.”

“Is it?” he asked glancing at her. She looked vibrant having changed from her day dress to an elegant deep blue dress. Diamond earrings sparkled at her earlobes. “You look glamorous.”

“Still a charmer,” Marion teased. “How are you my dear? I haven’t gotten a chance to ask you that.”

“I’m fine,” he shrugged his gaze returning to Joshua. “More than fine actually, I feel great.”

Marion took his free hand and intertwined their fingers. His gaze dropped to her delicate hands and he frowned as he realized how fragile her fingers seemed. “Are you taking care of yourself, Nonna?”

“What a question? I’m taking care of myself. I just worry when you don’t come visit me.” Marion complained. “Imagine my shock when Taka told me about Adrian. He was never good enough for you.”

“Nonna,” Alexi started to protest.

“No, there are things we need to talk about. Like the fact that you won’t sign a restraining order on that little thief. Can you please rethink that and do what Taka tells you?”

“I don’t want to talk about this.” Alexi shook his head and turned to study her. “Please, I just want to forget about that whole situation.”

“It won’t disappear like magic, Alexi. It can’t-

“I want it to.” Alexi insisted with a sigh. “I really do, especially now that I have Josh. Don’t you think it’s the best way to deal with that situation?”

Marion’s gaze slid to Joshua who was still standing with his uncles sipping wine. Joshua looked at them and he smiled tentatively.

“He does seem to have a better head on his shoulders than Adrian.” Marion returned her gaze to Alexi. “Fine, but your grandfather and I are here if something should come up. If Adrian shows up, or causes trouble, don’t hesitate to call us. We still have some clout somewhere.”

Alexi laughed. “You run a prestigious research foundation, Nonna.”

“That’s just a hobby.” Marion shrugged and bumped his shoulder. “So, how’s the sex.”

Alexi spit out his juice almost choking. “Nonna,” he exclaimed.

“What? It’s a perfectly reasonable question,” Marion said seriously her gaze on his grandfather. “Just because I’m your grandmother, doesn’t mean that I’ve turned into some sort of prude.”

Alexi wiped at his mouth and shook his head. “It’s fine,” he said grudgingly.

“Just fine,” Marion raised her eyebrow at him and he blushed. “You can’t keep your eyes off him.”

“How are we having this conversation?” Alexi asked with a groan. “I’m not saying anymore.”

“If it’s just fine, you’re not doing it right.” Marion continued with a laugh.

Alexi felt his cheeks burn with embarrassment. How was he supposed to tell his grandmother she didn’t need to worry about that area in his and Josh’s relationship?

“Your mother called me earlier when you were at the beach. She’s happy you made it.”

He nodded, his gaze returning to Joshua who was busy explaining a point to one of his uncles. “She wants to come to New York in August.”

“Good, I miss her.” Marion nodded in approval. “Your grandfather and I, we’ll come to New York to meet them.”

“Nonna,” Alexi said softly, his heart clenching tightly at the thought of August coming so quickly. “How did you know Grandpa was the right one for you?”

Marion glanced at him then, her gaze returning to Joshua. “I just knew.” She squeezed his fingers. “Your heart just knows, my dear Alexi.”

“I thought my heart knew when I was holding on to Adrian.” Alexi shuddered. “I was wrong.”

“Then don’t rush into any decisions,” Marion soothed. “Enjoy the moment; the rest will fall into place.”

A shout of excitement filled the living room and Marion sighed as she noticed Vic and John in the middle of a small crowd. “Those pranksters are at it again. I’m afraid they’ll start throwing rotten eggs at everyone.”

“Didn’t they already do that one?”

Marion grimaced and hurried to the laughing crowd by the glass bookshelves.

“Want to go make out in the broom closet?” Joshua asked a few minutes later.

He smiled. “I’d love to, although, I’m afraid Vic might have rigged the door with a bucket of water.”

Joshua laughed. “Your cousins are so much fun. I think they’ve been planning this all summer.”

“More like every summer,” Alexi said holding out a hand to Joshua. “How are the uncles?”

“Talking about the best places to go fishing,” Joshua said with a short smile.

Alexi glanced over Joshua’s shoulder and found his grandfather watching them. “Seems like grandpa is being the difficult one this time.”

“We have all day tomorrow.” Joshua placed his glass on a passing tray. Alexi did the same. “I wonder if we sneaked out of this dinner party if anyone would notice.”

Alexi grinned. “Nonna is busy trying to control the terror twins in the corner. Grandpa is doing his best to ignore us, so I think we can make an escape.”

“Great,” Joshua leaned closer to whisper in his ear. “I saw you blush beet red and I want to know why. I thought I was the only one who could do that to you.”

*****

The fourth of July in the Taylor house was filled with old family traditions, Joshua decided. Phillip and Marion Taylor brought together five sets of families, turning their beach house into a little village.

Joshua reclined on a lounge chair watching kids dig out sand intent on building castles and statues. Alexi’s older cousins were taking turns racing jet skis in the ocean. The aunts sat under an airy beach tent drinking margaritas, gossiping and laughing like school girls. The uncles had disappeared at some point; he hadn’t seen them when he’d returned an hour ago. Wherever they’d gone, they seemed to have taken Alexi with them as well.

He gasped when a cold bottle touched his jaw and glanced up to find Alexi grinning at him.

“You look lonely, lover.”

Joshua smiled taking the cold beer. “My date disappeared and left me with the aliens.”

“You’re the alien,” Alexi leaned down to kiss him and the round of whistles and catcalls had them both laughing.

Alexi waved at his cousins as he pulled away and sat down on the lounge chair beside his.

“Your family is cool, I like them.” Joshua confessed as he held on to Alexi’s hand tightly.

“What about Grandpa?” Alexi asked with a worried frown. “I woke up and you were gone. When I got downstairs, I heard you and Grandpa went out on his boat fishing. Was it alright?”

“Yeah,” Joshua said with a smile. He’d woken up first this morning and since Alexi had slept late, he’d left him to rest and gone downstairs in search of breakfast. He’d found Phillip Taylor already having breakfast at the large picnic table in the kitchen.

“He told me about his new boat while we were having breakfast. We got to talking and he offered to take me out on a short spin. Once we got out in the ocean, we stopped in the middle of nowhere, and ended up fishing. I caught two fish.”

Alexi chuckled. “What did you talk about?”

“Normal stuff,” Joshua shrugged.

“What is normal stuff?” Alexi asked determined to know everything.

“About business, the stock market, we moved on to fish, land, politics, I forgot to write the minutes,” Joshua teased when Alexi stared at him with wide brown eyes.

Alexi’s lips curved into a smile.

“I had fun, Alexi.” Joshua promised. In fact he’d felt like he was hanging out with his own father. Despite the gruff attitude Phillip had given him the night before; he was surprisingly easy to get along with. He tugged on Alexi’s hand. “Where did you go?

“I was helping the Uncles with the barbecue.” Alexi sighed. “Does it make sense to hire a catering company and insist to barbecue?”

Joshua laughed at Alexi’s disgruntled tone. “It’s great to see you among your people. You have a glow about you.”

“Do I?” Alexi wrinkled his nose and flashed him a smile. “I think it’s frustration you’re seeing. Any way, the best part comes in the evening. There will be fireworks on the beach later.”

“How long have they done that?”

“Years,” Alexi said. “The house belonged to Grandpa’s dad. They used to celebrate the fourth of July here too those days. We’re steeped in Taylor traditions.”

“Must be weird for your mum to miss this then,” Joshua noted his gaze on the giggling aunties in the tent. The margaritas were definitely flowing in there.

“She made it last year.” Alexi shrugged. He pushed up his sunglasses, settling on his lounge chair. “I feel like a nap. Jeez being here makes me so lazy.”

“Relax, sleep.” Joshua urged loving the view of Alexi’s bare chest in the sun. His skin was turning into a gorgeous gold that he wanted to see up close and personal later. Alexi mumbled under his breath and promptly fell asleep.

Joshua glanced at his watch. It was only eleven o’clock in the morning. He was imagining what it would be like to live here year round when a wild shout interrupted his thoughts. He sat up in time to dodge a water filled balloon. He reached for Alexi rolling them both to the sand just as another one hit the spot where Alexi had been sleeping.

“What’s going on?” Alexi mumbled relaxing on his chest.

“We’re getting attacked with water balloons.” He chuckled trying to see where their assailant was.

“Vic and John,” Alexi groaned. “We’re going to have to get up and make a run for it. Those two are like ninjas. They don’t quit.”

“Or we could just stay here and let them get us,” Joshua said his arm wrapped around Alexi’s back.

“I don’t know,” Alexi started to rise but he pulled him down.

“Too late to run,” Joshua said with a laugh staring at Vic and John grinning above them. “Hey guys, what if we surrender.”

“Too late,” Vic declared holding a water gun and promptly opening fire on them.

Alexi gasped as cold water drenched his back making Joshua laugh. He was rewarded with a spray in his face that had him rolling to the side.

“You terrors,” Alexi roared scrambling up to his feet.

Vic laughed and took off in a run followed by John. Alexi wiped water from his face and started after them.

Joshua sat up in time to see Alexi catch Vic’s t-shirt. Everyone laughed when Vic maneuvered expertly and slipped out of the garment leaving Alexi holding the white t-shirt. Alexi threw the t-shirt on the sand and turned around with a wide grin. The wind tossed Alexi’s hair into his face, he reached up to push it back and Joshua caught his breath.

******

Strangely, I'd especially love your comments on this chapter.  Alexi's extended family was harder to include, I kept getting flashes of writing out long dialogue that included everyone speaking.  Of course my editor was treated to a version that starred furniture and stuff, so I deleted some parts, good thing is that the next chapter is written I'm just sorting out the kinks. Yes, this chapter has been a bit crazy.  What are your thoughts?  Sui wants to know.
Haven't said it recently, Thanks for Reading and your Reviews.  :2thumbs:
2013 lilansui (suilanlee)
  • Like 27
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I enjoyed this chapter. It was great to see how relaxed Alexis was with his family. And what an amazing family. I'm sure like all famiies, it's not perfect, but you can tell that its great having the family reunions. Marion is amazing, and I'm sure Philip is as well. His initial gruffness is to be expected from a family patriarch. But, by getting to know Joshua he'll open up to him and probably end up being his most staunch supporter if and when things get a little tougher.

I'm speculating that Alexi's parents (or at least his mother) will shop up at the get together. That'll be amazing for Alexis. I look forward to more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I enjoyed this chapter,after all the tension and whatnot with Adrian it was great to see Alexi laughing and having fun with his family. The conversations with Marion were awesome short and to the point but also funny at points. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Loved the carefree Alexi with Jordan. The family was great as well, expecially the mischievious young men. Takes ones like them to round out a family. lol I still have the feeling that we have not seen the last of Adrian but at least we know that Alexi has plenty of support, but sometimes I wish he had a bodyguard when it comes to Adrian. Another great chapter girl :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/21/2013 11:13 PM, Terry P said:
I enjoyed this chapter. It was great to see how relaxed Alexis was with his family. And what an amazing family. I'm sure like all famiies, it's not perfect, but you can tell that its great having the family reunions. Marion is amazing, and I'm sure Philip is as well. His initial gruffness is to be expected from a family patriarch. But, by getting to know Joshua he'll open up to him and probably end up being his most staunch supporter if and when things get a little tougher.

I'm speculating that Alexi's parents (or at least his mother) will shop up at the get together. That'll be amazing for Alexis. I look forward to more.

Marion was so easy to write for, I kept imagining what a grandmother would be to Alexi, and I'm glad to see that she came out so amazing. Thanks for your thoughts, Terry. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/22/2013 12:15 AM, Daithi said:
I enjoyed this chapter,after all the tension and whatnot with Adrian it was great to see Alexi laughing and having fun with his family. The conversations with Marion were awesome short and to the point but also funny at points. Can't wait to read the next chapter.
Thanks Daithi, the terror twins were fun to write for. I have cousins like those who just play pranks on everyone and I thought it would be a great addition to Alexi's family. Thanks so much for your thoughts, very useful. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/22/2013 07:10 AM, joann414 said:
Loved the carefree Alexi with Jordan. The family was great as well, expecially the mischievious young men. Takes ones like them to round out a family. lol I still have the feeling that we have not seen the last of Adrian but at least we know that Alexi has plenty of support, but sometimes I wish he had a bodyguard when it comes to Adrian. Another great chapter girl :2thumbs:
Hey Joann, thanks so much for the review, and I hope the next chapter is as fun as this one. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I liked this chapter a lot. This chapter came at the exact time when i needed to smile. This was a very feel good kinda chapter. No tears, no drama, no cliffhangers, just pure entertainment. I found myself relaxed and happy after reading it.

I found Marion intelligent and very experienced with the human nature. Phillips was just like a normal head of family. Vic and John were adorable and naughty. Romance between Alexi and Joshua was cute but my favorite part was that beach scene. It was full of fun but i missed Alexi's parents.

All in all I really enjoyed this particular chapter. Loved it. And as next chapter of Kiss me to springtime is up, i'm gonna read that one.

Take Care:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

We meet Alexi's US family, and they're a lively bunch. I was sort of expecting a

more formal setting, and was pleasantly surprised to find they seem like a nice folks.

The cousins are especially lively. They're winning the war so far, so I hope you

plan on giving Joshua and Alexi a chance to even the score! The overall feeling

is that Alexi's family all care about him, and that's what matters. They like Josh too,

and that's a good thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

To me, Sui, this chapter was the perfect metaphor (if a whole chapter can be a metaphor) for a 4th of July celebration: a few clouds and passing showers to start but then the day clears up to be bright, sunny, and full of (electric) blue skies. Needless to say, I loved the fun, the family, and the fact that Alexi is so relaxed he could fall asleep almost instantly on the beach. Like the others, I loved the John & Vic scenes -- clearly you write them with people you know and love in mind. As for Nonna Marion, how can you not love a grandma who wants to know how Alexi is doing and how is the sex? Thank you: I love all your stories, but this one touches me in particular, and I was missing it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yay! EB&C is back! :)

 

I love Alexi's family! As Stephen said, I thought Alexi's family would have been more formal, but thankfully they weren't. Vic and John were hysterical trying to get in Alexi and Josh's faces. :)

Alexi's grandmother was really cool; I was lol'ing when she kept embarrassing Alexi with all the sex questions. lol

 

I look forward to reading more the next day when the fourth rolls around. =)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/23/2013 01:40 AM, sacredlove said:
I liked this chapter a lot. This chapter came at the exact time when i needed to smile. This was a very feel good kinda chapter. No tears, no drama, no cliffhangers, just pure entertainment. I found myself relaxed and happy after reading it.

I found Marion intelligent and very experienced with the human nature. Phillips was just like a normal head of family. Vic and John were adorable and naughty. Romance between Alexi and Joshua was cute but my favorite part was that beach scene. It was full of fun but i missed Alexi's parents.

All in all I really enjoyed this particular chapter. Loved it. And as next chapter of Kiss me to springtime is up, i'm gonna read that one.

Take Care:)

I just saw your ch. 17 reviews. :) I wanted them to take a short vacation from the drama before they get back to Manhattan and reality. You know me, I'll keep you on your toes pretty soon, Sacred. Promise. Glad you loved the time off....:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/23/2013 02:27 AM, Stephen said:
We meet Alexi's US family, and they're a lively bunch. I was sort of expecting a

more formal setting, and was pleasantly surprised to find they seem like a nice folks.

The cousins are especially lively. They're winning the war so far, so I hope you

plan on giving Joshua and Alexi a chance to even the score! The overall feeling

is that Alexi's family all care about him, and that's what matters. They like Josh too,

and that's a good thing.

Truth, I had a bit of a struggle setting Marion and Phillip up, I kept wanting to make them strict and formal but wasting the sunshiny scene and the beach on formal felt too wrong. :) So, I went for the lively and fun with fingers crossed. Lol. Thanks so much for the review, sorry it took so long to reply to. Sui.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/24/2013 01:06 AM, hillj69 said:
To me, Sui, this chapter was the perfect metaphor (if a whole chapter can be a metaphor) for a 4th of July celebration: a few clouds and passing showers to start but then the day clears up to be bright, sunny, and full of (electric) blue skies. Needless to say, I loved the fun, the family, and the fact that Alexi is so relaxed he could fall asleep almost instantly on the beach. Like the others, I loved the John & Vic scenes -- clearly you write them with people you know and love in mind. As for Nonna Marion, how can you not love a grandma who wants to know how Alexi is doing and how is the sex? Thank you: I love all your stories, but this one touches me in particular, and I was missing it!
I love that you love this story so much. I always try to work hardest on it, keeping the authenticity of the scenes can be difficult, but my editor gets the brunt of the misses, hehe. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter, like I told Stephen, I really wanted a happy fun scene in the sun, and it makes me smile to see it came out so well. Nonna Marion, she's my favorite...;)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/24/2013 11:32 AM, Lisa said:
Yay! EB&C is back! :)

 

I love Alexi's family! As Stephen said, I thought Alexi's family would have been more formal, but thankfully they weren't. Vic and John were hysterical trying to get in Alexi and Josh's faces. :)

Alexi's grandmother was really cool; I was lol'ing when she kept embarrassing Alexi with all the sex questions. lol

 

I look forward to reading more the next day when the fourth rolls around. =)

I think grandma's love asking shocking questions, just to see how we'll react, lol. It was really fun writing for Marion. I'm glad you liked the chapter Lisa. Thanks.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I love Alexi's family...especially Nonna Marion!!! She is a hoot...I about died laughing when she asked him how the sex was!!! He seems to be quite relaxed now that everyone seems to be so accepting of Joshua!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2014 05:07 PM, Gene63 said:
I love Alexi's family...especially Nonna Marion!!! She is a hoot...I about died laughing when she asked him how the sex was!!! He seems to be quite relaxed now that everyone seems to be so accepting of Joshua!!!
I had a great time writing Nonna Marion. Everyone should have a grandma like her.:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..