Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,609 Words
  • 2,669 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Make Me...Angry - 11. Chapter 11

11 - You I Love, More, Forever Together

On the day Rebellion’s album launched, Jae stood leaning on the wall in the main conference room at Jade Entertainment. The PR team was busy arranging the room for the first press conference.

Jae studied the ring on his right hand, thinking about Dan’s plan for their future. His heart had felt settled listening to Dan talk about their future. Like finding a place you belonged.

“Why are you grinning at a ring on your finger?” Junghee came to lean on the wall beside him.

“What do you think?” Jae asked.

Junghee took Jae’s right hand and studied the ring.

“Serious bling, that’s real gold, Jae,” Junghee mused.

“It better be with the price tag on it.”

Junghee studied it, and then because he was curious, he removed it from Jae’s finger to check the inside. Sure enough, there was in inscription engraved in Korean.

“Together Forever,” Junghee read. He nodded and returned it on to Jae’s finger. “That’s sounds right, you and Dan match.”

“Jung.”

“This year you’ve worried too much,” Junghee said. “With this, your heart should be settled now. Dan will stay with you Jae.”

Jae nodded. “More important is that I’ll stay with him too.”

“I’m a little jealous. Can’t imagine what it’s like to be so sure of love.”

“It’s messy and beautiful,” Jae answered.

Junghee scoffed. “Look at you, so sure.”

Jae winked, making Junghee laugh.

“You’re smitten. Come on, let’s go sell music,” Junghee said, wrapping his arm around Jae’s shoulders.

The press conference started without Dan. Rebellion had earned its place in the industry. The press corps greeted them with respect and enthusiasm for the upcoming launch. Jaehan, Junghee and Andre took their seats with pride as Harry announced the launch of Rebellion’s third album, Messy.

***

At the same time across town, Dan walked into a conference room to meet the CEO of N-sang Entertainment, Kim Sang Taek, Jaesun and N-sang’s company lawyer.

“It’s been a long time, Mr. Suk,” Kim Sang Taek said.

“Not long enough,” Dan answered happy when Mr. Chang came in to take the seat next to him.

Sang Taek made him nervous on any level. The man was a shrewd businessman with a killer attitude. Dan knew he still had a distance left to go before his confidence surpassed Sang Taek.

“What do you want?” Sang Taek asked.

“Cooperation,” Dan said. “You’ve already done enough to Rebellion. We’ve been through the courts; we’ve come to many agreements. But, your recent activities are pushing the boundaries of those agreements.”

“What are you accusing me of?”

Mr. Chang got up and handed the documents he held to the N-sang lawyer.

“The song Park Jaesun has released was originally owned by Jade Entertainment, written by Sela for Rebellion,” Dan said.

“We have proof of ownership. She brought the song to us too,” Sang Taek said.

“Your claim was revoked this morning after the affidavit your lawyer is holding was accepted,” Dan said. “Sela approached us first, and gave the song to Rebellion. The song was stolen from our studios by the individual mentioned in that affidavit, and given to Jaesun. As it is, you’re in violation of our rights.”

Sang Taek glanced at his lawyer, a dark scowl appearing on his forehead when the lawyer approved the contents in the documents.

“You told me she brought the song to you first?” Sang Taek asked Jaesun.

“Her song came to me, but it was unfinished, so I rewrote it,” Jaesun said, his tone defensive.

“Whether you rewrote it or not, the content first belonged to Jade Entertainment,” Dan said. “We have written and video proof of how that song left our studios illegally. As far as Jade Entertainment is concerned, you didn’t ask for the right to use it, or change it—

“Were you sent by Kim Jaehan?” Jaesun demanded. “He runs point on Rebellion’s music. Why didn’t he come to ask me in person?”

“Jaehan trusts the company to handle this matter,” Dan said. “Jade Entertainment will take this as an act of interference against Rebellion as a band. As it is in violation of court agreements, we’re forced to file a lawsuit against Jaesun and N-sang Entertainment.”

“Come on,” Jaesun said. “You can’t be real. The song is already out. If Jae wants to sing it so badly—

“Rebellion has since rejected the song, and it was scrapped from their album. Jade Entertainment is simply protecting work that Kim Jaehan has worked on. That aside, why don’t we focus on the man who gave you that song. He is the same man who kidnapped Kim Jaehan a few weeks ago,” Dan held Jaesun’s gaze.

“Who are you talking about?” Jaesun asked.

“Han Jinho,” Dan said.

Jaesun gave Sang Taek a nervous glance. He shifted in his seat, clearly uncomfortable at the change of topic.

“I don’t understand what that has to do with me,” Jaesun said.

Dan nodded and Mr. Chang handed the last batch of documents to the N-sang lawyer.

“Park Jaesun paid a private company to create a clean background for Jinho so that he would pass our security screening. You should have known to pay cash for the service instead of using a card.”

Jaesun started to protest. “How dare you—

“Shut up, Jaesun,” Sang Taek ordered. “Mr. Suk, it is clear to me you’re not here because of a song, so state your business.”

Dan gave Sang Taek a slight smile.

“You’re right. The song is not good enough to own. What I want is more important. I want you to stop pressuring the Rand Agency in Japan. They’re ready to settle our lawsuit against them, but you keep pushing them in the opposite direction. We can call this an even exchange.”

“What makes you think I will agree to these terms?”

“Jaesun is your biggest name,” Dan said. “Losing his revenue will be a big hit. If we can’t make an agreement that suits us here, I will make it my personal mission to discredit Jaesun in this industry. His involvement with Han Jinho will explode on every newswire possible across the globe.”

Sang Taek narrowed his gaze.

“You have gained some strength, and you want to flex it on me.”

Dan held his ground.

“I would never walk in to this building without solid backing, sir. Have your lawyers go through the documents we’ve brought. If I don’t hear from you by this evening, we’ll proceed with the lawsuits as planned. Tomorrow, I will release a press statement regarding Jaesun’s plagiarism. You can change the contents of that press statement depending on your answer.”

Dan got up from his seat and gave the trio a short bow.

“Thank you for your time,” Dan said, and left the conference room, Mr. Chang behind him.

“Do you think he’ll agree to the deal?” Mr. Chang asked.

“We’ll have to wait and see,” Dan said as he entered the elevator.

***

“He’s so cocky,” Jaesun said, shaking with anger. He couldn’t believe Jaehan hadn’t bothered to show up, sending the suits instead. He scoffed.

“What game have you been playing?” Sang Taek demanded. “Is it true the song is not yours?”

Jaesun sighed, wiping a hand down his face.

“I did rewrite the song—

“Don’t lie to me,” Sang Taek said his tone dripping with anger. “I’ve told you time and again, staying true to the music is important. You’re never going to win with underhanded tricks.”

“That’s funny coming from you,” Jaesun said. “My whole career is an underhanded trick you designed against Rebellion.”

“Well, if you’re going to play a dangerous game, you shouldn’t get caught,” Sang Taek cursed under his breath. “Cleaning this up will cost you, Jaesun. Jade Entertainment is not a small company anymore.”

Sang Taek turned on the television and as if on cue, Rebellion appeared on the screen. They were top news on entertainment news. Kim Jaehan was talking on behalf of the band. Handsome as always, Jaesun hated that he could never have Jaehan’s kind of presence. Sang Taek increased the volume to hear the newscaster.

Rebellion’s front man, Kim Jaehan on the band’s new album, Messy…

“Messy is Rebellion’s third album. It is an album that led us on a journey of self-discovery and personal revelations. We tapped into the worst and the best of us as a band and came up with this collection of thirteen songs. Our hope is that our fans will listen to the music and embrace this album, as in the end, we write for them. Rebellion is planning tours to promote Messy; let’s meet very soon.

Rebellion’s album Messy is in stores now. Here’s a first look at the title song, You Break Me.

Jade Entertainment had not scrimped on Rebellion’s music video budget. The band stayed true to their rock roots, as always with Kim Jaehan the lyrics were genius: packed with a deep message on life and love, the chorus catchy enough to sing along.

Jaesun felt bile rise up. The bitter taste of jealousy filled his mouth.

“No wonder Suk Dan has a big head,” Sang Taek sighed.

“What are you saying?” Jaesun stared at Sang Taek, horrified.

“I knew what you were doing, hoped it would put a dent on Rebellion’s growing popularity, perhaps derail Jaehan. I was wrong. You had better be prepared to do everything I say from now on. Stay the fuck away from Jade Entertainment, Jaehan or Rebellion. No association is best for now,” Sang Taek said.

***

Rebellion’s first showcase concert started at two in the afternoon, in the gymnasium at the Seoul University. Jae sat on a stool holding a microphone, Andre to his right on the piano, with Junghee to his left also with an acoustic guitar. Dan walked into the room as the lights dimmed, and the large crowd of students quieted, their excitement charging the air.

Dan leaned on a pillar in the back, loving the nostalgia of watching Jae on a small stage. It reminded him of their days in the States, before they’d returned to Seoul. Those days, Jae hadn’t known anything but music. Dan had fallen in love with Jae then, but now, watching Jae check his microphone with a small cough, he realized that love had only matured.

“Good afternoon,” Jae started his tone shy and low-spoken. “I’m Kim Jaehan.”

“I’m Kang Junghee.”

“I’m Song Andre.”

“We’re Rebellion,” they said together.

Dan grinned as the audience screamed. They didn’t need the introduction, that they did it anyway was cute.

Jae shifted on his seat, taking the burden of introduction.

“This afternoon, we’ll introduce to you an acoustic version of our title song, You Break Me,” Jae said. “I hope you love it as much as we do.”

Dan hadn’t heard You Break Me in acoustic as he’d been too busy chasing after N-Sang Entertainment. Jae had written the song last, recording the rock version fast. He was partial to the title song, the lyrics felt familiar.

Dan crossed his arms against his chest as Andre started the intro, joined by Junghee soon after. Their audience silent as they listened to the first new song played live by Rebellion in over six months.

I lived before/ Shining day to day/ Breathing in your scent/ night after night/

Your smile/ enough to hold/ when I was faraway/ thought it everything/ we ever needed/

To love you this way/Feeling only you/

Seeing only you/ It was enough/

Then I saw it/ That day I came back to you/

Dan closed his eyes as Jae launched into the chorus, his voice soulful, dripping with emotion.

When your tears come/ Silent and calm/ You say you’re strong/ Truth is you are wrong/

Your weakness is me, me, me/ My weakness is you, you, you,

The smile you gave me/ Left you all alone/ In your heart our love breaks you slow/

Some days you break me, me, me/Like no one else can now…

Their love stated in such heartbreaking lyrics, Dan stood in the darkened gymnasium, his heart pounding as he realized Jae was right. Jae was the only who could break him, truly break him into nothing if he so wished.

A soft touch on his elbow had him opening his eyes, his gaze on Jae who sat on his stool, a spotlight on him as he sang. Dan smiled then because despite the devastated state his heart would be if Jae ever walked away from him, loving Kim Jaehan was a million times worth it.

The audience joined in as Jae sang the chorus at the end, singing the lyrics, their voices soaring with Jae in the lead.

“The song is a hit,” Mr. Chang said beside him.

“As it should be,” Dan nodded.

“You have a phone call,” Mr. Chang said holding out his cell phone.

Dan gave Jae one last glance before he left the gymnasium. He stopped in the relatively quiet hallway, and pressed his phone to his ear.

“Yes.”

“Mr. Suk, you have your deal with the Rand Agency. It’s up to you to reach a settlement with them. In return, you promise to sign over the rights to Jaesun’s song,” Sang Taek said. “Does that please you?”

“Very, you have no idea,” Dan said with a wide grin. “I hope we don’t run into each other again, Sang Taek.”

“Me too,” Sang Taek ended the call as abruptly as it had started.

“Yes!” Dan jumped in excitement. With no backing from N-Sang Entertainment, the Rand Agency would have no choice but to agree to make a deal with them. Rebellion was officially free of their past.

He hurried back into the gymnasium to find Jae had finished the song.

“Thank you all for coming,” Jae started, and was met by a wild roar of protests from his audience. “We’ll meet later at the first concert venue.”

“No, we want more,” the audience said, making Jae chuckle and get up from his stool.

“Wow…you guys are the best, you make me want to keep standing on this stage forever,” Jae said. “I don’t want to leave either.”

“Then don’t,” someone said, making Jae laugh.

“If that’s how you want it,” Jae said turning to Junghee and Andre. They gave him short nods and he turned to the audience. “We’ll do one more song, and then we have to go.”

Dan wished he could get Jae off the stage quicker so that he could tell him the good news. But Rebellion’s fans were clearly not going to give him that chance anytime soon. So he walked down the steps until he was closer to the stage, getting a few scowls from crazed fan girls.

Taking a deep breath, he cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted.

Saranghe, Kim Jaehan!”

Jae lifted his hand over his eyes, peering into the audience, a wide smile gracing his features. He stood still for a moment, as the audience whistled in response. Dan wondered if Jae had recognized his voice. The Gym was small, he should have, Dan thought.

Dan started to shout again, but Jae brought his microphone to his lips.

“I love you back,” Jae said with a wide smile. “More than I could ever say.”

And standing surrounded by clamoring fans, Dan watched Jae start the next song, his enthusiasm infectious, and his mood light as he danced to the music. Dan knew then, that life would never stop being an adventure with Kim Jaehan by his side. And that was simply the best gift he’d ever received in life.

***

Fin

span>And so....the End...Thank you!! :)
Saranghe!! (Love you) to all of you!!
Sui
2014, lilansui
  • Like 12
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aww, so cute. Perfect ending to a great read. After Ryo and Soubi, Dan and Jae are the ones touch me so deeply. I will definitely miss them. Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us. Saranghe, Noona :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I thought that your stories, the ones I'd read so far, were beautiful and so well written....and then I came to the stunning, brilliantly written stories of Kim Jaehan and Suk Dan...WOW...I'm blown away and so grateful that you've chosen to share your talent with us!!! Thank you, Sui...very much!! :2thumbs:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 3/21/2017 at 8:35 AM, sacredlove said:

Aww, so cute. Perfect ending to a great read. After Ryo and Soubi, Dan and Jae are the ones touch me so deeply. I will definitely miss them. Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us. Saranghe, Noona :)

Any mention of Ryo and Soubi always gets me smiling.  Dan and Jae are also special, the story just keeps going on in my head.  I think I imagine them the best.

 

On 5/9/2017 at 5:23 AM, Onim said:

I thought that your stories, the ones I'd read so far, were beautiful and so well written....and then I came to the stunning, brilliantly written stories of Kim Jaehan and Suk Dan...WOW...I'm blown away and so grateful that you've chosen to share your talent with us!!! Thank you, Sui...very much!! :2thumbs:

Jae and Dan are ...exactly as you describe, thank you for appreciating these characters.  I'm glad to keep writing, thank you for reading, Onim!:2thumbs:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I thoroughly enjoyed being in the world of “Rebellion” and Dan and Jae’s love in this story and “You Make Me....Crazy”

 

Chapter 3 mentioned Harry also had unrequited love for Jae:

 

“Picking up the photo with Jae in his dressing room, Harry touched the tattoo on Jae’s shoulder. Urges he fought to squelch on a daily basis rose to the surface. Jae had an elegant back, Harry found himself wondering what it would feel like to trace a finger along Jae’s backbone. Would Jae lean into his touch, maybe gasp in pleasure…?

Harry slammed the photograph on his desk and forced his thoughts away from the edge. Jae wasn’t his to have, never would be.”

 

It was never touched upon again in the story.  Will that ever be addressed?  Did Dan know?

Edited by FanLit
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2018 at 1:31 AM, FanLit said:

Harry also had unrequited love for Jae

This series has always been  like a practice story for me.  There is a chunk of continuation in my drive, that I haven't yet gotten the courage to post.  Dan and Harry do talk about this in that chunk, I'll post it when I feel it's ready to share. :P Thank you for reading Dan and Jae's story.  I really love this pair.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..