Jump to content
    loorddayia
  • Author
  • 6,283 Words
  • 1,204 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dade meets Orrin - 1. Chapter 1

Dade meets Orrin

Chapter one

Dade, who in their right mind would call their kid Dade. Not me, I think my parents were high or drunk the day I was born. My full name is Dade Arthur Carson, Yeah I know, Dac and that is what everyone calls me. God I hate it.

My parents are gone now and have been for about eight months. I don’t mean they moved away, no they were killed by some driver who was high on cocaine and Meth. The driver is doing Life in jail, and I am doing life without my parents, it sucks big time.

I can remember the day that I was told. I had left the Thursday before to head out to our lake, I was going to enjoy a very long private weekend. School got out at lunch so I was home by one thirty. My back pack was stuffed with the things I would need the night before, and so changing into some jeans, I headed over to the barn. Angelo, the man that looked after the horses and cows, had already saddled Plutarch for me, and had two other horses packed with my tent and food. Within half an hour of getting home I was riding off to the lake.

Freedom of sorts, no chore to do, no homework, yeah right, I had to bring it with me, but I didn’t have a lot so as soon as I had my tent up and a fire going, I sat and got it out of the way. For dinner I just roasted up some hot dogs and ate a bag of chips. Making sure that the fire wasn’t going to get out of hand, I stripped off my clothes and ran into the lake. Yes you can laugh, it was instant shrinkage. But I enjoyed the water for a while then I laid down on the only grassy spot there was

The rest of the night I spent staring up at the stars and listening to the nightlife around me. I couldn’t believe the peace and serenity I felt. When I saw the moon come up over the tree tops I knew it was time to climb into my sleeping bag and get some sleep. Not even bothering to dress, I just did that.

The sound of birds woke me the next morning and peeking out of the tent I saw an eagle fly down and catch a fish, so awesome. I did my morning things and then got the fire back up. I tell you it is best to have pants on when around a fire. Anyways I had some eggs and bacon with campfire toast.

Just after cleaning things up and making sure my sleeping bag was airing out, I went and checked on Plutarch and the other horses. I remembered that I had to check in also with my parents so they wouldn’t worry too much. I had just turned on the radio when I heard Angelo calling for me. “Dade, mi amigo bambino, answer your radio.” Angelo’s tinny voice called out.

“I am here Angelo and I am not a bambino, I keep telling you that.” I answered with a laugh.

“I know senor, but you have got to come back; the sheriff is here.”

“No way Angelo, tell them to talk to my parents.”

“Dade, your folks didn’t come home last night.”

“Hell, they always screw things up. Okay I will pack the camp and head back.”

“Don’t worry about your camp, just bring the horses. I will send out a couple of the workers to bring the rest back.”

“Angelo, you’re scaring me, what is going on?”

“I don’t know Dade, but the sheriff says he has to talk to you.”

“Okay, well I should be back in two hours.”

“Okay, I will tell him.”

That was how I learned of my parents death, the sheriff told me as soon as I got down off Plutarch. The prick couldn’t even wait for me to say hello or talk to Angelo about the campsite. It was like, “Dade Arthur Carson, I regret to inform you, but your parents were killed last night in a car accident.”

See not even a damn hello out of his mouth. Cruel son of a bitch.

The day after my parents' death, my Uncle moved in and said he was going to look after me from now on. Like I needed that, but I couldn’t argue, I am only thirteen almost fourteen.

I guess I should tell you that I live on a fifteen hundred acre farm that raises beef and horses. When I found out my parents had left me everything I was surprised, I mean I knew the farm would be mine, but then there was their life insurance and the insurance that the other drivers company had to pay out. So I was kinda rich, though I wasn’t allowed to touch any of the money until I was older unless I really needed it. Well I needed a few thousand right off the bat ‘cause I wanted to change the name of the farm. My uncle didn’t like that idea, but who cares the place was mine and I wanted the name changed.

I spent a lot of time with the horses we had, and just before my fourteenth birthday two of the mares gave birth. One was a colt that looked so awesome, I called him Daiya, the other was a filly and her name became Midnight Rose, both were pure black. When I first saw Daiya he pranced over and head butted me in the belly. Giggling I scratched just behind his ears and then walked over to where Midnight Rose was standing. I couldn’t think of anything better than these two little ones as the best birthday present ever.

Just after the birth of Daiya and Midnight Rose I finally got the new signs for the farm, along with all the papers stating the name change. So now it was DC farms and all mine. It was at that time also that I learned about myself. Yes I learned that I liked boys. I think what really helped me come to terms with myself was when I read a story called Another Chance. Man that story is awesome, I love Jim and his family. There were nights when I would be in bed and I would wish that his family was mine, only to wake the next morning and find that it was just a dream.

I am still in school, so I have to be up pretty early to catch the van that stops at my gate. I usually get to the gate five minutes before the van shows up, but this morning I was running late, since I wanted to check on Morning Rose and Daiya. Again when Daiya saw me he gave me a head butt and I just laughed, before running down the drive. The look on the drivers face told me he didn’t like waiting and that I was in trouble.

I go to a school in the city, as I have done since I was six, when my parents died my uncle thought it would be good for me to just keep going. Not that I minded, I liked the teachers and some of the other kids were kewl. When I got to school something didn’t feel right, don’t ask me why it was my gut talking to me, anyway as I walked the halls I met up with a few friends and we chatted about what we were all doing for the Thanks-giving long weekend. I knew what I was doing, or hoping to do, but so far I hadn’t said anything to my uncle or the people that worked for me, not that I had to tell them anything, but I was respectful to them and they always treated me good.

It was at lunch that my hunch that something was wrong came true; first the sheriff came in and asked us all a bunch of silly questions, well maybe they weren’t silly to him, but give me a break. How many kids would know anything about the town or villages ten to twenty miles away? I think all we cared about was how much homework we had and who was going to win the football game. One of the boys wanted to know who we all were taking to the dance on Thanksgiving.

Things could have been worse during lunch, but thankfully the bell rang before any fights started. On my way to my first afternoon class, I started laughing. Who I was taking to the dance, like yeah I am going to come out and say, oh well I think I will take the boy that sits beside me. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to take a boy to our dance, but that just can’t happen, especially if you want to keep living. I could ask one of the girls from my English or math class, but just the thought of doing that made my stomach churn, oh well I had three weeks until the dance.

When I got home from school on Friday, glad that it was the weekend, my uncle was there and the first thing he asked was if he could get a thousand bucks from me. Now I normally wouldn’t think about it, but this was the third weekend in a row so I just said no, that I couldn’t afford it.

Well that went over like Socrates dancing around the race track. Oh Socrates is one of my horses and I plan on putting him into the triple-crown next year, anyway back to my uncle and him wanting money. After I said no to him you would have thought I had kicked him or something he just got mad as hell. I didn’t stand there listening to him, I just pushed past into the house. I dropped my book bag in my room and headed to the kitchen for a can of soda. Nothing.

Turning I saw my uncle still standing at the door staring at me. “I thought you were supposed to go shopping today?”

“I was, but never got around to it, so what.” He answered.

“You know, when you first moved in here, you said you were going to look after me, that includes making sure that there is food in the house, well you haven’t done anything except sit on your butt.”

“Listen Dade, I didn’t have to come here, I could have let CPS come in and take you away, but you're family. Now I am the adult here and you are supposed to do what I tell you. So from now on you had better start listening to me. The first thing is I want a thousand dollars and I want it now.”

“Not going to happen. In fact I think what is going to happen is that you are going to find a job, and make your money that way. Don’t think of me hiring you because that isn’t going to happen. The other thing you are going to do is go into town and get some food into this house.”

“Why you little shit, you think you can tell me what to do, I ought to smack you upside the head.”

“Are you saying that you are not going shopping, because if you are then I will do it, and while I am doing that you can pack your fucking bags and get off my property. You make up your mind.”

“Now see here, you can’t tell me to leave.”

“Actually Mr. Carson the boy can, and if he has told you to leave I would do it.” Angelo interrupted.

“Listen you dumb shit, I am responsible for him, so mind your own damn business.”

“His welfare senor is my business, more so than yours. As for me being a dumb shit, let me tell you something, I have an MBA in law, I have a license to practice anywhere in the U.S. and right now Dade Carson is my client.”

“He’s what?”

“Yes Dade is my client, has been ever since his parents died.”

“Fuck me, why wasn’t I told of this, ahh to hell with it, I am going to have a beer and relax.”

“What beer uncle, you know the rules of this farm, if you have alcohol on here then you will remove it.”

“There is no way that I am getting rid of my beer, this is my home also, and I have the right to drink in it if I wish.”

“No you don’t, so get rid of it. This is your one and only warning.”

“Yeah well tough, oh before I forget, I have a chap coming out tomorrow to pay for those new foals.”

“Then I guess he is going home alone, you are really pissing me off. You know I have a say in what is sold here, and the only thing we sell is hay and cows, none of MY horses gets sold.”

“Tough, he is coming out with a cheque for twenty thousand. I sold them and have the paper work ready for the morning.”

“Angelo, is there a way to stop this?”

“Si, you are the owner, you didn’t give permission for them to be sold, and if your uncle continues he can be charged with theft along with the gentleman that buys the animals.”

“Good, then they stay here.” I said staring at my Uncle.

“We’ll see about that you little shit.” My Uncle snapped.

“Angelo can you take me into town so I can do some shopping? There is nothing to eat here.”

“Sure, and sir I would think carefully about what you say and do from here on out. I am sure that the other workers would gladly teach you a lesson if this boy was hurt in any way. If you understand what I mean?” Angelo whispered, as I ran to my room and grabbed the money I had hidden there.

Angelo and I had a great time shopping, he knew what to buy and what would last a while so I wasn’t spending a lot of money all the time. As we were driving home he looked over at me and asked me for five dollars. Not even thinking about it I handed over. “Good now that you have retained me as your lawyer, I can look after your interests on the farm.” Angelo smiled.

“I thought you said I was your client already?” I asked.

“I did say that and I meant it, you just hadn’t given me any money then, your Uncle doesn’t need to know that.” Angelo laughed as we pulled up to the front door.

I got everything put away, then did myself up something to eat, my uncle was sitting in the front room watching TV so I decided to check my e-mails and see how to register for the next Kentucky derby. I figured I would try and get Socrates into it, with maybe me as the rider. That would be the thing. I was fourteen now and I didn’t know the age parameters for a jockey.

Being the weekend I figured I would be able to sleep in, but the bright morning sunshine broke through my bedroom window at seven and woke me, which is a good thing I guess. As I lay there I had to smile for a bit, then the bathroom called me, oh well a quick piss and a hot shower would feel good.

After doing everything I needed to and getting dressed I went to the kitchen, thinking that Uncle would be in there getting breakfast ready, but no, he was still sleeping. Oh well it was the weekend. A glass of milk and a bowl of corn flakes would do me until lunch, hopefully by that time Uncle would be up and ready to do things like he was supposed to.

I left the house and walked down to the corral, where I could see Plutarch and little Socrates milling about. I also saw Daiya and Midnight Rose out in the paddock, both the little ones were playing and running around like two little kids. I was brushing down Socrates when my uncle finally came out and looked around before coming to the fence and looking at me. “Get the two new foals. The buyer will be here shortly.” My uncle ordered.

“I told you last night, they are not for sale. What part of that didn’t you understand?” I shouted at him.

“Dade, it is you that doesn’t understand, I have sold them, the man is paying for them today.”

“So he hasn’t bought them yet right?”

“Well not really.”

“Then they are still mine and what I say goes.”

“No, I am in charge here, I am the one that makes the rules, so get that through your head right now.”

“You know what Uncle, I think you can get the fuck of my property.”

“What?”

“You heard me, pack your shit and get out of here.”

I was mad and really not thinking too clearly, but fuck it, he thought he could push me around, do things that weren’t right. Well he had something to learn. “Dade if I leave then CPS will come in and drag your ass off to some group home, then where will you be?” My Uncle yelled at me.

“Right here, living in my own home, working my own farm and still going to school.”

“You think so, I am your legal guardian.”

“Actually you’re not since you were not appointed by my parents, nor were you appointed by a judge. So piss off and get out of here.”

We were still yelling at each other when a pick-up with a trailer pulled up and a middle aged man stepped out. Seeing my uncle and me at the corral he walked over. “Excuse me are one of you Hank Carson?” He asked.

“I am, what can I do for you?” My uncle answered.

“I am here to pick up two foals. I brought out a check for them.” The man stated.

“Well the little ones are out in the field…”

“Mr.” I interrupted. “The horses on this farm are not for sale. My uncle and I were just arguing about that.”

“I see, and who might you be?”

“I am the owner, and I am the one that decides what and what is not for sale, and I am not selling any horses. So I am sorry that you thought that.”

“I see, I was under the impression that Mr. Carson here owned the farm.”

“I don’t know how you got that, maybe he told you he did, I don’t know. I am sorry that you wasted your morning coming out here.”

“So am I young man, and Mr. Carson, I am of a mind to take you to court.” The buyer stated.

“Don’t worry sir he is going to be packing his bags and leaving.”

“Oh well, if you do decide to sell any of your horses please keep me in mind. I also wouldn’t mind having your stallion breed my mare.”

“That can be arranged sir, though it is expensive.”

“That I know young man, last time I checked it was almost fifteen hundred dollars.”

“Close, I charge two thousand, per horse.” Dade said with a serious face.

“Ouch, I will have to think about it.”

“You do that, but I can guarantee that you will get only winners.”

Watching the man drive away, Dade turned and looked at his Uncle. Dade could see the anger building there and decided that it was time to take Plutarch out for a ride, so guiding him to the barn he had Angelo saddle him as Dade went and got a couple of bottle of water from the small fridge in the office. Wrapping his jacket around him Dade rode off and was soon enjoying silence that was around him.

Getting to the back of his property, Dade looked out over the expanse of the acreage that butted up against him. He knew that it was at least another seven thousand acre, but the one advantage this other place had, was that it lay beside the mountains. Since there was no gate in the fence Dade turned and rode back towards his house. He was almost within sight when the rain started. A cold hard down pour that pelted his jacket soaking him through and through. Pushing Plutarch into a trot, Dade made it back and into the barn just as the thunder and lightning started. Running up to the house I stood on the porch shivering and just watched the rain pouring down. Finally I went into the house and had a hot shower. With that done and dry clothes on he felt better, I mean between the ride, the rain and then the shower nothing was going to ruin the great mood I was in now.

After a hot bowl of chili and some tacos I sat and watched TV for a bit before bed. Tomorrow was Sunday, then three more days of school before the long weekend.

Sunday mornings were my day to sleep in, something I had been doing since I could remember, so instead of waking up at six I would make at nine, then is was usually a large brunch of eggs, bacon and pancakes. Ever since my uncle had moved in though breakfast now was just cold cereal and toast. Man, he was lazy.

I knew that Angelo wouldn't be around until at least ten so I took my time eating, still I was down with the horses by nine thirty, getting head butted by Daiya and the brushing both him and Midnight Rose, I had just finished when Socrates and Plutarch came trotting over. Brushing them down, I was rubbing just behind Plutarch's ears when Angelo walked into the barn. "I see you have almost all my work done, lad." Angelo said with a smile.

"I had nothing to do so I thought it would be a good idea, besides these little guys need some loving."

"That they do."

"Angelo, last night I was thinking, could you find out if the place behind us is for sale, if it is could you see about buying it for the farm, I don't know how big it is, but it would be good for hay or something."

"Yes, that is the old Marelon place. The family moved in about thirty years ago and they never left. I will see what I can find out, if they want to sell it then I think you could get it for a good price. Just so you know, that property is just a bit bigger than this farm."

"Well that would make a lot of hay." I said with a laugh.

"Dade, you are funny. Are you wanting to go riding?"

"Hmmm, sounds like a good idea, I'll go grab something for lunch, can you saddle Mystic Dawn I think she needs a good workout; besides I haven't ridden her for a while."

"I think that is a good idea, I will also let the others out into the pasture."

"Maybe I should out you out there also."

"Move it brat, before I turn the hose on you."

"Aw you wouldn't do that, I am an angel." Having said that, I took off for the house to grab what I needed. No sooner was I in the kitchen than my uncle walked in. "You have the money I asked for?"

"No and I told you that you aren't getting it.

"That is where you are wrong, I want it tomorrow when you get home from school."

"Not going to happen, so give it up." After grabbing what I needed and listening to my uncle demand things I left the house and hopped up onto Mystic Dawn's back. Before riding off I told Angelo what happened. "Dade, you be careful, I don't trust your uncle. I feel he just might try something."

"That is why I wish he wasn't here. How do I get him to move out?"

"We can't do much right now since you are still fourteen. However don't give up, I can look into some things that would benefit you. One being that you have someone else appointed as your legal guardian, though the judges usually prefer to leave families intact, there are exemptions and right now I think we have enough to work with, but you have to bear with him for a while longer."

"Oh great."

After hearing what Angelo had to say, I took off with Mystic Dawn for my ride. It was an aimless ride, basically I just let Mystic have her head and she could go wherever she wanted to. I was surprised then when I found us once more at the back fence. There was a slight breeze and looking out over the fields I could see the hay and wheat waving back and forth. For some reason, I found it rather peaceful and soothing.

I turned Mystic around so we could head back to the house and was surprised to see Plutarch and Socrates standing there. I didn’t even hear them come up. Smiling at them I rode over and patted them both. “Come on guys it is time to head back.” I told the horses. With a nudge of my knees, Mystic started walking, Plutarch and Socrates both moved with us one on either side. “You know, you two are very strange.” Dade told the horses, then watched as they both bobbed their heads as if agreeing with him.

We all know that the wind can sometimes play tricks on us, making us think we heard something that really wasn’t there at all. The four of us, Plutarch, Socrates, Mystic and me were almost back to the barn when I thought I heard someone scream. Turning my head I looked around and saw nothing. The scream sounded to me at least like that of a child that had been hurt. Turning back I just shook my head and went into the barn, only to feel my body falling and blackness surrounding me.

When I woke a few minutes later Angelo was kneeling beside me and Daiya and Midnight Rose was standing there watching me. “What happen?” I asked.

“From the looks of things one of the boards broke and fell just as you rode into the barn. Gave you a nasty smack.” Angelo said as he tried to have me sit up.

“Oh, maybe it is time to have a new barn built, though I know you and Gene are always replacing worn out things.”

“That it true and that really makes me wonder, but let’s not worry right now, let’s get you up to the house and cleaned up.”

“Okay, I think I can walk on my own.”

When I got into the house and cleaned up, I could smell dinner going, and it was making me hungry. Walking into the kitchen I saw my uncle there with a beer and plates on the table. Since I wasn’t in the mood for a fight I stayed quiet and ate. Cleaning up afterwards, I decided that I would get what little homework I had left done then get some sleep.

I didn’t speak with my uncle all day Monday, though I did have classes, so it wasn’t anything I missed. Tuesday morning after breakfast I went down to the barn and spoke with Gene and Angelo. “Morning guys how’s things going?”

“Hey dude, you okay, Angelo told me you took a wack the other day?” Gene asked.

“Yeah I am okay, listen can one of you take my camping stuff out to the lake today for me? I plan on going out there for the long weekend.” I asked Gene.

“Sure, I can have it out and set up for tonight.”

“Great, but I won’t be going out there until after class tomorrow.”

“That is fine, you can take what food you need with you, or I can take it out today as well.”

“I think you should take it out, I only want to have one horse to worry about.”

“Smart man, now off to school with you.”

“I am gone.”

Dade had just turned around and was about to walk out when Daiya pranced over and once more gave him a head butt. “Little dude, you are crazy, but I love you.” Dade giggled and he gave Daiya a pat and walked off towards the gate.

Just after Dade had gotten into the van for his trip to school, Hank walked out the front door and took off in the farm’s truck leaving Gene and Angelo wondering what was going on. It was Gene that broke the silence. “Have you replaced that board that fell yet?” He asked.

“No, and I am not going to.”

“Why not?”

“Well, you tell me how a brand new three inch board could break. You know that we replaced all those board just before Mr. Carson’s death.”

“You’re right we did, but we could have put in a bad piece.”

“We could have, but I honestly don’t think we did. Mr. Carson would have fired us for doing something like that.”

“I don’t like what you’re hinting at Angelo.”
“I don’t either, but we have to look at everything.”

“Fine, are you going to call the investigators to come and have a look.”

“I did that yesterday, so they should be here shortly.”

“Then I guess we should get the stalls mucked out.”

“No, we can do that after the investigator takes a look around.”

“Then what do you want me to do?”

“Well you did say you would go set up Dade’s camp for him. So take the wagon and do that.”

“Sure, that will be an all day job, besides didn’t you say there was a small table to take out there also?”

“Yes, it is on the wagon already, along with a load of dirt, see if you can make a place that Dade can stretch out on instead of the one near the trees. I don’t like that spot.”
“I’ll see what I can do.”

Just after Gene had left with the wagon. Angelo went and stood by the paddock and watched the horses play and walk around. He was still leaning on the railing when a car pulled up and the sound of its door closing brought him out of his daydream. Turning he saw a tall muscular man walking towards him, his short cropped hair was tinged with grey, but his eyes sparkled. “Are you Angelo?” the man asked.

“I am what can I do for you?”

“I am Shaun Straphen, you called for a building inspector.”

“I did, I am hoping that my thoughts are wrong, but I need to be sure before I do anything.”

“I see, so what is the problem.”

“Well it is a three inch board that supposedly broke yesterday and hit the owner of the ranch.”

“Is the owner at home?”

“No sir he is in school.”

“I see, well let’s have a look.”

Walking into the barn, both Angelo and Shaun were stopped by Mystic Dawn and Plutarch. Walking up to them Angelo caressed their necks and whispered to them. “Easy there, this is a friend, he isn’t going to harm you.”

Stepping away the horses watched as Shaun and Angelo went to where the board was hanging. “I see you left it like it was, that is good, makes my job easier.” Shaun stated as he pulled on a pair of work gloves. “Do you know where the other piece is to this?”

“It is still attached to the floor up in the loft. I cleared some of the hay, but not around the board itself.” Angelo answered.

“Okay, why don’t we start up there and work our way down.”

“Wherever you want. Follow me.”

“Do you want a written report?” Shaun asked after three hours of looking everything over.

“Yes, but can you tell me what you have found?”

“Well two things, first is that the board was in great shape, in fact this whole barn is in perfect condition, you people should be proud of it.”

“Believe me we are, the late Mr. Carson would have a fit if we let it fall apart.”

“I can see that, as for the second thing, well the pictures I took and the things I saw, lead me to conclude that the board was cut, then a large hammer hit it to break it the rest of the way. Did the owner hear anything?”

“I don’t know, I never asked I was more concerned with him than what he heard.”

“You’re right, but if you get a chance ask him, it might help. I will have a full written report to you by the fifth of December. I could make it sooner, but I promised my partner a long weekend in Hawaii.”

“Well the fifth is soon enough. You have a great trip and enjoy the warm weather.”

Once Shaun had left and the gate was closed. Angelo walked into the barn and found some boards to fix the floor. When he had finished that he then decide to find out more about the Marelon place. Grabbing his note book and jacket Angelo walked out to his car and took off. Leaving the place looking empty.

Dade, on the other hand was having a lot of fun. He had gotten to school and packed his things into his locker. Grabbing what he would need for his morning classes, he started to walk towards his home room when he was stopped. “Hey dude what are you doing this weekend?” his friend Ashton asked.

“Not much, just chilling by the lake, maybe go swimming.”

“Are you nuts, it is freezing out there?”

“Yeah I know, but I like the cold, you know that. What are your plans?”

“Same old stuff, family gathering, boring people, you know how oldies are. I’ll probably be playing Mine Craft or something most of it.”

“Sorry I asked,” Dade laughed as they walked into their classroom.

“Hey Dade?” Ashton whispered as they sat in the back of the class. “Do you think I could join you? It would be better that sitting listening to my grandparents talking about how it was in “Their day.” Plus it would give me something to do?”

“Well I don’t know, you would have to ask your rents, and then you would have to come home with me right after. I don’t know how my uncle will react to that.”

“Well I can ask tonight, and let you know in the morning.”

“That sounds great.”

“Are you two boys finished planning your world domination?” The teacher asked with a grin.

“Yes sir we have, I should tell you that the first step is dominating your class.” Dade said with a laugh.

“Well then I guess over the holidays, you two will have to work on a paper, titled the downfalls of world domination. I am sure you can find everything you need in the library.”

“Umm sir, I am not going to be home over the holidays, no offense, but plans were made a while ago.” Dade stated.

“Very well then you two will report back here at three thirty for a detention.”

“With all due respect sir, no. I cannot miss my ride home since I live outside of the city.”

“You are determined to undermine my authority aren’t you?”

“No sir, it is just that things are set and I can’t change them.”

“I see, then what you will do is come in here at lunchtime and sit for the hour, that will make up for your detention.”

The rest of the morning both Ashton and Dade shared classes, and just before the lunch bell rang the two thought the same thing. “Dade, I am not missing lunch for him, so no way I am heading back to his class.” Ashton said as the two backed there bags.

“I am with you, hell I barely had breakfast this morning, so screw him.”

The rest of the day went by smoothly, though Ashton and I had been called to the principal’s office that was a laugh. When school ended for the day I got on the van to take me home. There were two other boys that lived out in the same area I did, so they too were in the van. When I looked back at them they both seemed a bit red in the face, but I just smiled and sat down.

When I got home there was a bit of a chill in the air and a wind was coming from the north. I could see some dark clouds, but they looked like they would pass by quickly. I was just about to unlock the front door when again I thought I heard a scream. Tossing my book bag onto the couch, I went and grabbed a soda and headed down to the barn, I wanted to see the horses and maybe talk to Angelo. I had just entered the barn and I noticed that Mystic Dawn and Plutarch were acting edgy. Slowly walking over to them I was just about to reach up and rub Plutarch. “Hello kid.”

To be Continued.

     

Copyright © 2015 loorddayia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..