Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 5,387 Words
  • 7,845 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

9.11 - 12. Chapter 12

July 7, 2001

       

I’d just opened the door to Rick’s truck and was about to climb in when I heard Tony shouting. “Will! Wait up!”

“What the fuck?” Rick asked me sotto voce. I shrugged. Tony came running up to the truck, a determined look on his face, with a seriously pissed off Dana trailing after him.

“What?” I asked him when he got to me. It was an abrupt question, but I asked it nicely.

“This is bullshit,” he said. “I invited you to come out here to go floating with me, and to see the city. That’s exactly what we’re gonna do. You’re with me.”

“Excuse me?” Dana demanded. “And just what the fuck am I supposed to do?”

“Go back to Kansas City,” Tony said, but he might as well have told her to go to hell.

“You’re blowing me off to hang around with this gay boy?” she demanded, full of outrage. Worse than that, she was implying he was a fag in front of one of his friends. That’s the gauntlet she was throwing down. It didn’t faze Tony at all, and that really surprised me.

“Will is my friend, and I invited him out here to hang with me,” Tony told her firmly. “You showed up uninvited, and that’s fine, but I already have plans. That’s the chance you take. So I’m busy this weekend, and I can’t hang out with you.”

“I don’t have to do that with my boyfriend,” she asserted, even though I thought that was bullshit, and from Rick’s expression, so did he. “You’re supposed to be happy to see me all the time, and be all excited to spend time with me. And your friends are supposed to understand. They’re supposed to get that a girlfriend is more important.”

“As if,” Rick said, chuckling. I couldn’t help laughing at that, which just made Dana angrier.

“You’re just working away at him, determined to get your hooks into him, aren’t you?” she asked me, then turned to Tony. “You’re lucky I’m here.”

“Dude, it is so not like that,” I said, shaking my head. “And you have a totally twisted idea about how relationships work. A dude dating you is your bitch, at your beck and call? Good luck with that.”

“What the fuck would you know about relationships?” she all but shrieked.

“He’s right,” Rick said. “And I do know about relationships,” he said, winking at her in a condescending way.

“Dana, they’re both right,” Tony said. “So I’m going to solve the problem right now. You’re not my girlfriend. We’re done.”

“Are you kidding me?” she asked. She was so stuck up, she couldn’t fathom that a dude would dump her.

“No joke,” Tony said. “Have a safe drive home.” He then spoke to Rick and me. “You guys want to come back inside and plan out the shit we need?”

“Sure,” I said. Tony turned on his heel and started walking briskly toward the house. Rick shrugged, and we both shut the doors to his truck and started walking toward the house more slowly.

“Tony!” Dana called, in her most authoritarian way. “Tony! Get back here!”

“Dude, he’s so over you,” I said, and then Rick and I laughed at her.

“We’ll see about that,” she said. She followed us up to the house, and then inside.

“What do you want?” Tony asked her.

“I need to get my stuff,” she said.

“I’ll help you,” Julia said, appearing from nowhere. That was such a cool thing to do, because it kept Tony out of contact with Dana, and if I were the Carbones, I wouldn’t want Dana loose in my house alone.

“Thanks, Julia,” Tony said sincerely. Dana stormed up the stairs.

“So what’s the deal, dude?” Rick asked. “Now we’re back to three people.” I thought it was funny that he was all worried about the float trip, but didn’t really give a shit about Dana.

“I’ll call KC and make him go,” Tony said. “You can’t even line up your own float partner. You’re a pathetic piece of shit.”

“Fuck you,” Rick said playfully. “So much for all my new camping gear.”

“We can still go shopping,” I said. That was a small price to pay to make things better for everyone.

“I don’t want to take your money,” he said. “Especially if you’re not using the stuff.”

“Don’t worry about it,” I told him.

“What are you, fucking loaded?” Rick challenged.

“Dude, shut the fuck up,” Tony said. “His grandfather is Stefan Schluter.”

“No shit?” Rick asked. “Alright, I’ll let you buy me a new tent.” That cracked us all up, so we were laughing as Dana came back down, lugging her small overnight bag. Julia followed her down, frowning at her.

“Can you at least walk me to my car?” she asked Tony.

“I can do that,” he said. Julia and Rick looked nervous, but I wasn’t. Dana had given Tony the excuse to make the decision he needed to make anyway. He was resolute; he wasn’t going back on it now that he’d endured her unpleasantness. That bitchiness was the crucible he’d been trying to avoid. He walked her out the door.

“That was really nice of you to help out,” I said to Julia, getting a smile from her.

“Dude, I am so glad that bitch is gone,” Rick said. “She was a pain in the ass last weekend.”

“He usually has better taste in women,” Julia agreed.

“Tony brought her up to our house in Palo Alto and she was rude to me there. In my own fucking house. Good riddance,” I said, feeling the need to chime in.

Tony came walking back in. “You OK?” Rick asked.

“Dude, I’m great. I’m so glad she’s gone,” Tony said. He gave me a sly wink, and there was no way I could stop the huge grin that spread across my face. “Now I have to call KC and get him to drag his sorry ass along with us.”

“Tell him I’ll buy him a new sleeping bag, or some shit like that,” I joked.

“May work,” Rick said.

In the end, Tony didn’t have to work this KC guy very hard to get him to go. It sounded like he worked for his dad, so he managed to swap out his hours. We went shopping at some camping store and bought a lot of shit, since I wanted to do my share to help out and make this a fun trip. But that took time, and so did loading all our stuff up, so it was 8:00 before we were on the road, heading out of town. Tony and I were in his car, following Rick and KC.

“You know, you could have been a real dick about all of this,” Tony told me. I looked at him sideways, trying to figure out if that was a compliment or not. “I really treated you like shit. You didn’t lose it, you didn’t throw tantrums, you gave me the space to figure it out.” I didn’t know what to say about that, so I kept my mouth shut. “Thanks.”

I looked over at him and he was smiling at me, so I smiled back. “I know this isn’t easy for you,” I said. “I told you we’d work this through together.”

He nodded. “None of my friends know that I’m gay.” He was telling me this so I wouldn’t out him.

“Not even the ones you hook up with?” I asked.

“What are you talking about?” he demanded.

“Dude, I’m not a moron. I see the way Rick looks at you. You two have messed around before.” It was pretty obvious to me.

“How can you tell?” he asked, and then got all annoyed because he’d more or less admitted it.

“The way he looks at you and the way he’s all protective of you. And because it was really easy for you to talk KC into going. I think Rick wasn’t all that upset about going with you.”

“You think other people notice?” he asked.

“Does it matter? In the long run?”

He didn’t say anything; he just drove as he thought about it. “I’m not ready to tell my friends yet. I have to tell my family first anyway. And I’m not gonna out Rick. That’s his call to make.”

“How tight are you two?”

“We’re good friends,” Tony said. “We’ve blown each other, and that’s it.”

“He seems pretty into you,” I observed. Tony gave me a dirty look. “Dude, we don’t have any commitments. I’m not busting your balls.”

“You think he wanted to hook up with me and that’s why KC didn’t want to come?”

I shrugged. “I dunno. You gonna hook up with him?” He had to hear the anguish in my voice. I reminded myself that Tony was damaged goods, and that I had to keep a certain distance between us or he’d destroy my emotions.

“Seems to me that I promised you that when we’re together, that’s it,” he said, grinning at me. “So he’s not getting anything from me this weekend. Unless you’re there.” He said that and raised an eyebrow.

I giggled like a girl. “He’s kind of cute.”

“He’s got a little dick,” Tony said.

“Dude, maybe you could bottom for him,” I said, and watched Tony totally freak out, and that made me laugh my ass off, which seemed to be the sign that we should smoke some weed.

“I’m not doing that,” he said.

“Dude, I’m glad. I am so good with you fucking me. So good,” I said. I reached over and started rubbing his groin.

“What the fuck?” he asked, but not in an angry way. I lowered his zipper and pulled out his cock, and worked my magic on him. I felt the car stop, but I didn’t slow down, I just kept going. He was pushing himself along; he usually had much more endurance, so in no time he was blasting his load into my mouth. I sat up and swished some of it around in my mouth, then swallowed.

“Yum,” I said. He shook his head as he grinned shyly. I contrasted how good he tasted compared to Jake.

“Didn’t want to wreck,” he said. He’d pulled off at an obscure exit and parked on the onramp.

“Smart boy,” I said. He gunned the Camaro and surged ahead to catch up with his friends. “So you doing alright?”

“What do you mean?”

“Dude, you ended it with Dana. I know that wasn’t easy, but I was really proud of how strong you were.”

“It would have been a lot harder if you weren’t here,” he said. “I mean, even if we weren’t, you know, it would have been so rude to do that to you. That finally worked its way through my slow brain.” It’s funny how he really didn’t know how to describe us.

“Yeah, that kind of pissed me off,” I said, but smiled.

“I don’t get you,” he said.

“What do you mean?”

“When we first hooked up, you were all emotional, this dude who seemed to have a temper from hell. Dude, if this shit would have happened a year ago, you’d have cut my dick off.” We hadn’t even known each other a whole year, but I didn’t sweat the details.

“Maybe I’ve grown up a bit,” I said, trying not to sound icy as I said it.

“Dude, you’ve grown up a lot,” he said.

That got him a smile. “I’ve pretty much always known I was gay. I never had to worry about the consequences of coming out. Who’s going to mess with me? And shit, if they do, I have guards to pulverize them.” He chuckled at that. “It was easy for me; it won’t be so easy for you.”

“I know,” he said glumly.

“I always thought you were worried about your family and what they’d do. Dude, I don’t see them busting your balls over it,” I told him.

He didn’t say anything, but I was digging deep, so I resolved to leave it alone. He finally responded. “It’s about my dad.” I stayed quiet. “I’ve had to work hard not to hate him. Really hard. And the part of him I hated the most, that’s the part I inherited.”

“He wasn’t perfect,” I said dismissively. “Neither one of us can say much about that either.” He snaughed like Gathan did when I said that. “He seemed like a pretty cool dude to me.”

“You didn’t even know him,” Tony spat. “Fuck, I didn’t really know him that well.”

“I have relatives that I didn’t know all that well. I know about them from listening to how my family talks about them now. We saw all those old movies of him with Stef and Grand. I watched how your dad was with everyone, and how they treated him. They obviously loved him, but they respected him too. If he was an asshole, they wouldn’t have felt that way about him.”

“Those were movies,” Tony said dismissively, even though I knew my comments had resonated with him.

“Yeah, but did you see how Stef and Grand looked when they watched the movies? They had that kind of serene smile, remembering a guy they really loved. I noticed it the first time I met you.”

“What do you mean?”

“We were at dinner, and they sat me next to you, probably trying to make sure I had a hard-on through the whole fucking dinner.” He chuckled. “I saw Grand watching you, and he looked really content. When he thinks about Jeff Hayes, his partner before your dad, he gets this look of anguish on his face, but when he thinks about your dad, he smiles.”

“Maybe he was just admiring how hot I am,” Tony joked.

“Maybe. But I think when he sees you, he also sees your dad.”

“You’re stoned,” he accused.

“Duh,” I joked.

“So is that why you’re nice to me?”

“No, I’m nice to you because you have a big dick that takes me to a whole other planet,” I said. He gave me a dubious look, taking his eyes off the road for a minute, so I winked at him. “Dude, I love you. I really do. This is going to be hard for you to do. I’m going to try to do what I can to help you out.”

“You’ve helped me out with this more than anyone,” he said. “And I’m not talking about me being gay, I’m talking about grappling with my dad and all that stuff. I really do love you.”

“You’ve been there for me too,” I reminded him.

“So what are you doing this summer?” he asked, changing the subject. We’d been driving on a freeway, Interstate 44, but it was pretty hilly. He’d asked me that question as we got off at an exit and turned left onto a two-lane road.

I shrugged. “After I leave here, I’m going to Hawaii to go surfing. What about you?”

“I’m supposed to work with my uncle this summer. My mom thinks I need to have a job. Only he doesn’t have much for me to do right now.”

“What kind of work are you going to do?”

“My uncle’s into construction,” he said with a shrug.

“Awesome,” I said, leering at him. “You’ll get even studlier.”

“That’s not possible,” he said with faux arrogance. I chuckled at him.

“So when do you start working?”

“I dunno. Probably sometime next week.” He drove on for a bit, and then seemed to put things together. “Wait a minute. Don’t you have some big party to go to?”

“The Bastille Day party,” I said. “I was uninvited.”

“It’s a fucking family party. How can you be uninvited?”

I told him my whole tale of woe, and about the nasty confrontation I’d sparked, along with Grand’s edict banning me, and my reconciliation with him. “See, I haven’t grown up all that much.”

“Dude, that would have fucking pissed me off too. I don’t think you were immature. I think you did the right thing,” he said, propping me up.

“Thanks. I was so pissed off, and I really lost it. I learned something from that, though.”

“What did you learn?” he asked, genuinely curious.

“My dad is really powerful, and pretty intimidating,” I said. Tony nodded in agreement. “When I fight with him, I have to really go at him, or it won’t register. Like when I ran away and trashed their house, and when I filed for emancipation. If I don’t hit him hard, he’ll walk all over me.”

“I can see that,” Tony agreed. “Is that what you learned?”

“No, I learned that not everyone is my dad. So when I was pissed off, I think that in the back of my mind, I was convinced that if I didn’t totally lacerate these people they wouldn’t get it. Only they don’t work that way.” I sighed and paused. “All that politeness, all those manners, the reason they’re there is to make sure that you get your point across without hurting other people’s feelings.”

“Dude, you are so fucking smart it’s scary,” Tony said, and actually gave me an admiring look.

“If I’m so smart, how did I fuck this up so bad?”

“All people make mistakes,” he said philosophically. “Smart people learn from them.”

“Whatever,” I said dismissively, even though I smiled to show him how much I appreciated his compliment.

“Do you have to go to Hawaii right away?” he asked, as if he had some big idea.

“No. I haven’t even made reservations or anything yet.”

“Why don’t you stick around for a while?”

“That could be fun,” I said. He gave me a dirty look, playing around with me for insinuating he wouldn’t be fun. “Seems you were going to show me some big ass park you claim is the bomb.”

“Forest Park, dumbass,” he said. “You’ll like it.”

We got to this campground and Tony wound his way through this area where there were a whole bunch of people congregated into groups. “Dude, where are you going?” I finally asked him.

“We camp back here,” he said, gesturing ahead. “It’s closer to the bathrooms. And the showers.”

“Oh.” We’d had to make do without them on our float to Arizona, so I was glad I’d have the opportunity to clean up here. “I didn’t know they had showers.”

“That’s why I packed those extra towels,” he said smugly. We pulled up to an area and Tony parked next to Rick and KC. He hopped out of his car and hurried toward a campfire with me in tow, where there were a whole bunch of people sitting around drinking.

“Tonyyyyy!” one guy said, with a deep, booming voice.

“Dude!” Tony responded, and shook the guy’s hand then pulled him into a brief hug. “How you been?”

“Fucking great,” the guy said. I stood there and watched Tony interact with this guy, and then these people. They were an interesting group. I was used to being around Darius’ friends, but they were a little more refined than these guys.

“Everyone, this is my friend Will. He’s visiting from Cali,” Tony said. He introduced me to everyone, but it was dark, and there’s no way I’d be able to remember all of their names. When we were done with the initial greetings, he turned back to me. “Let’s unpack our shit, and set up the tent.”

We went back to his car and started unpacking all the stuff we’d brought, and snagged some of the things that were big enough that he’d made Rick carry them in his pick-up. I helped him set up the tent, then the sleeping bags, the cooler, and everything else. Camping was a lot of work. After that, we went back to the campfire and sat down. Tony was on my left, and there was a couple on my right.

“So where’d you go to school?” the loud guy asked. He was one of those dudes who seemed to shout everything.

“Menlo,” I said.

“Where the fuck is Menlo?” he asked, and laughed.

“It’s in Atherton, in California,” I said. He looked kind of confused, and then ignored me. It seemed like everyone I met asked me the same question.

“So you’re from Cali,” the girl next to me said.

“I am,” I answered. Tony handed me a beer and I popped it open.

“I was out there once,” she said. “LA.”

“I used to live in Malibu,” I told her.

“Did you get to meet any movie stars?”

I smiled. “Yeah. You from around here?”

“I grew up in St. Louis,” she said. Someone passed shot glasses around, and then there was a bottle of Jaeger that followed. We poured shots, and she screeched as she drank it, and then ran off to talk to one of her friends. Her boyfriend looked at me and shook his head.

“Rachel gets a little loud when she parties,” he told me. He was hot, totally hot. I couldn’t make out his coloring, since it was dark, but his face was long, with well-defined features. He looked thin; he wasn’t hulked out like Tony, Rick, or that loud guy. Still, his calves bulged out in a sexy way, and had a light dusting of hair. He wore a polo shirt, which looked out of place with this crowd. “Your name is Will, right?”

“Yeah. I forgot yours. Sorry.”

He smiled. “No big deal. It’s Mason.” He seemed to be more introverted than the others, and quieter. They were rowdy, doing shots and laughing and shit, and he was just sitting here, staring at them while he downed a beer.

“So how do you know all these people?” I asked him.

“Rachel is good friends with Carla,” Mason said, gesturing to a girl who looked very Italian, and seemed to be very much in charge of this group. That explained why he was sitting off to the side, like I was. “What about you?”

“Tony is an old friend of the family, but we became buds after he started going to Stanford,” I said, abbreviating the story.

“You’re so much nicer than that bitch he had with him last weekend,” Mason said, shaking his head. I laughed at that.

“Not a very tough act to beat,” I joked. I heard Tony next to me bullshitting with his friends, and I could start to see his problem. They were macho guys, all full of bravado and shit. It was hard to see them being OK with him if he were gay. If he came out, he’d lose at least some of these friends. Mason seemed completely different. I looked at him, trying to figure out what the fuck he was doing here.

Rachel came up and sat in between us with a thud, then leaned in and kissed Mason. It was a nice kiss, but it wasn’t a real intense one. “Mason, will you do me a favor?”

“What?” he asked nervously.

“We need more beer. You’re the soberest one,” she said, and hiccupped.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” he asked, not a little pissed off. “You want me to drive up to that fucking store and buy a bunch of beer and lug it back here?”

“Yeah,” she said, smiling at him while she tried to look sexy. To me, it just looked like she was trying to manipulate him.

“You coming with me?”

“I don’t want to puke in your car,” she lied. She just didn’t want to go. He looked seriously annoyed. “We don’t want to run out tomorrow.”

His eyes looked beyond her and met mine. “I’ll go with you,” I volunteered. He gave me a brief smile.

“Fine,” he said.

“Hey,” I said, getting Tony’s attention. He turned to look at me, and had a guilty expression on his face since he’d been ignoring me and talking to his friends. “I’m going to go with Mason to get more beer.”

“You sure?” he asked.

“Yeah. Stay here and party with your friends. I’ll be back in a few.”

“Thanks,” he said, grinning at me. I guess he was so used to Dana dominating his life, and demanding all his attention, he was surprised to be around someone like me who didn’t really give a shit who he talked to or hung out with. I knew that tonight we’d end up in our tent together. Sometime before morning, I’d get him to fuck me.

“Let’s go,” I said to Mason. We both stood up and I was kind of shocked at how short he was. He was probably about 5’5”, about the same height as Rachel. If she wore any size heel at all, she’d be taller than him. He seemed uncomfortable now that he was standing there, and I felt bad for staring.

“I’m kind of short,” he said self-consciously.

“You look fine to me,” I said. He looked at me strangely, and then smiled. He led me over to his car, a BMW 328 coupe. We hopped in and it still smelled new. “New car?”

“Yeah. Just got it a month ago,” he said. He fired it up and drove slowly out of the campground to avoid the potholes. “Not the best thing to drive around here.”

“Dude, this is a sweet ride,” I said. “So like three people asked me where I went to school. What’s with that?”

He laughed. “That’s a St. Louis thing. They ask you what school you went to, and they mean high school, so they can figure out your background.”

“Background?” I wasn’t tracking with him.

“Yeah. Basically how rich you are,” he said with a grimace.

“Are you from St. Louis?”

“Yeah. My dad runs a bank.”

“So what school did you go to?” I asked.

“John Burroughs,” he said. “That’s where rich dudes who aren’t Catholic go. There, or Country Day School. Unless they go to public schools.”

“I guess the same thing happens in Cali, but it isn’t as big of a deal,” I said, kind of weirded out by the need for these people to pigeon-hole someone into the right socio-economic category immediately. “Where do you go now?”

“Mizzou,” he said, then noticed I looked confused. “It’s the nickname for the University of Missouri. It’s in Columbia. It’s a pretty awesome place.” I didn’t know anything about that, so I just shrugged. We got to this place that looked like a general store, and went in and bought a shitload of beer, all but filling up the trunk.

“How long have you and Rachel been together?” I asked.

“Couple of months,” he said casually. It didn’t seem like he was all that into her. “How long have you and Tony been together?”

I stared at him. “What do you mean?”

“Dude, I see the way you look at each other, the way you interact. You guys are a couple.”

“We are not a couple,” I said firmly. “Tony’s family and my family are good friends. He’s like a cousin.” I figured that was safe. You could fuck distant cousins.

“Yeah, but you don’t look at each other like that,” he said.

“Dude, whatever. I lust after Tony because he’s smoking hot,” I joked, getting a chuckle from Mason. “He puts up with me because we’re friends, and like I said, it’s like we’re cousins.”

“Right,” Mason said dubiously. He was starting to piss me off.

“Tony acts like that with everyone. Shit, he might even think you’re hot enough to flirt with.” I gave him an appraising look. “No. On second thought...” He laughed at that.

“Whatever,” he said. He kept looking at me, and my gaydar was good enough now for me to figure out that he was probably at least a little interested in me, but I was here with Tony, and fucking around with one of his friends was not a good way to start this trip.

We got back to the campsite and Carla made all the guys unload the beer and put it in coolers. I was impressed with how she got them to do that, even though most of them were pretty hammered.

“You having fun?” Tony asked me.

“Yeah,” I answered, trying to sound enthusiastic. I started drinking with a purpose after that, really downing some serious alcohol, until I was feeling no pain. Around 1am, everyone decided to crash.

“Dude, I’ll help you out,” Tony said, and guided me to our tent. As soon as we got there, he made to leave. “I’m going up to the bathroom.”

“I’ll go with you,” I slurred. He looked kind of annoyed by that, but shrugged his shoulders. We started walking and Rick joined us.

“I thought we were going up here,” I heard Rick whisper drunkenly to Tony, referring to just the two of them.

“Shut the fuck up,” Tony hissed. So that was the plan. He was going to sneak off with Rick and fuck around. Well, if he would rather be with Rick than with me, he could fucking go right ahead. And the next time one of his friends hit on me, I would be free to grab my ankles if I wanted to.

“Dude, I’ll just pee in the bushes. You guys go ahead,” I said to Tony abruptly. Before he could respond, I turned around and headed back to our tent.

“Will!” Tony called, but I ignored him. I was drunk and pissed off, and all I really wanted to do was to pass out. I got back to the tent and collapsed onto my sleeping bag, glad that we’d bought air mattresses so I didn’t have to sleep on the hard ground. It was muggy and hot, so I stripped down to my boxers and lay on top of the bag.

“Hey,” Tony said, and lay down in the sleeping bag next to me.

“I thought you were going to the bathroom,” I said sarcastically, nastier than I’d planned.

“I’d rather be here,” he said. He molded his body up behind mine, and I was tempted to elbow him hard in the gut, but I was too drunk and tired to fight with him, and too horny to pass up an amazing round of sex. I felt him pulling my boxers down. There was something slick on my ass, and then I felt his cock probing my hole. “We have to be quiet,” he said as he pushed in.

I stifled my moan. “It’s hard to do that with your big cock in my ass,” I said softly, just as he liked.

He let out a muffled moan, and then slowly and quietly brought us both to a really nice climax. I lay there afterward and decided that sex with him was incredible, but a relationship with him would be one major roller-coaster ride.

Copyright © 2014 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Damn it, Mark, 5'5" is not that shockingly short! ;-) LOL. Unless the purpose of that was that Mason is someone who looks like he'd be tall because he's broad-shouldered and the like. I've had people comment before along those lines before about my height.

I do like that Will is staying true to his word with regards to the limited fidelity he has with Tony...he's better about that than his father is. Although I wonder what's going to happen on this trip, because it doesn't seem like this crowd would be cool with the whole gay thing. What happens if some girl starts hitting on him?

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Wow! Tony found his backbone and bailed on Dana! It was about time.

Tony's friends appear shallow for the most part. Hopefully, sober and on the river will be more interesting.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/03/2013 04:44 PM, Daddydavek said:
Wow! Tony found his backbone and bailed on Dana! It was about time.

Tony's friends appear shallow for the most part. Hopefully, sober and on the river will be more interesting.

Shallow? I think they seem pretty typical. We'll see if that gets better.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/03/2013 04:14 PM, methodwriter85 said:
Damn it, Mark, 5'5" is not that shockingly short! ;-) LOL. Unless the purpose of that was that Mason is someone who looks like he'd be tall because he's broad-shouldered and the like. I've had people comment before along those lines before about my height.

I do like that Will is staying true to his word with regards to the limited fidelity he has with Tony...he's better about that than his father is. Although I wonder what's going to happen on this trip, because it doesn't seem like this crowd would be cool with the whole gay thing. What happens if some girl starts hitting on him?

I think the height thing is relative. For Will, who's probably 6' by now, this dude is going to seem short.
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Without Will's presence it is doubtful the Tony could have carried out the permanent dismissal of Dana. It is also apparent that Tony has a weakness where Will is strong and they do complement one another. The last sentence clearly tells the story.

I lay there afterward and decided that sex with him was incredible, but a relationship with him would be one major roller-coaster ride.

and therein lies the conundrum as to whether Will can handle the roller-coaster long term.

Great work Mark and indeed intriguing .

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I'm super happy that Will gets to spend some time in MO with Tony. And it's only partly because I did my undergrad at Mizzou and lived in Columbia for 12 years. I moved to MN in 1994 so I wasn't in the state at the time, but I have some experience with many parts of the state. And I grew up in southern California. My first Pride parade was the st. Louis Pride in the early nineties and was one of the most fabulous experiences of my life. Of course, I was a lesbian in Missouri in the grunge era, so I was pretty much flannel & granola at the time and probably needed some fabulousness at the time. Without spiraling down memory lane, my two cents include that I don't think educated people in Missouri in 2001 were particularly homophobic, and Tony's friends don't seem shallow. They're just trying to use their own shorthand to figure out his background. And they're 19. Maybe Will could visit Columbia and eat at Sub Shop? I worked there for years and could tell you all the secrets....

  • Like 3
Link to comment

OK, where I was feeling pretty sympathetic towards Tony and his fear of coming out of the closet before, I am now starting to get just a tad irritated with the boy. He may be the older of the two but Will is definitely the more mature. Pretty low to be planning to sneak off to the showers with Rick. He dumped Dana in front of Rick and Will, supposedly to spend time as planned with Will. And so much for none of his friends knowing he is gay. If he and Rick are so involved he was willing to blow off Will, and Mason sees the connection between Will and Tony, I am sure others will have at least some suspicions too.

I still see Dana finding a way to make not only Tony's life miserable over getting dumped, but Wills as well.

The only one seemed shallow to me was Dana. She comes across as shallow, self centered and a royal witch. Perhaps my spelling is off there and I should have used a "B".

A roller coaster chapter, something you excel at. Does anyone in your world get to just fall in love and have a happily ever after? JP and Stef are getting there but that's taken almost 40 yrs in the making! I will keep reading another 40 yrs worth of stories if that's what it takes to make it to happily ever after!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

A very interesting chapter with at least one aspect being handled…meaning Dana, but I'm sure we've not seen nor heard the last from her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to out Tony to his family. Tony's family could be quite interesting since I seem to recall Tony's mom having been somewhat resigned or perhaps aware of his dad cheating on her with men. Certainly a lot of potential with that part of the story and how it plays out into Tony's future…

As for the camping trip itself I feel like it's possible that Tony could get inadvertently outed and then have to deal with his friends reactions. And the question is, will they catch him in the act with Will or Mason or Rick? Mason is somewhat doubtful since Rick and Will are Tony's main (identified male) involvements to date.

If you put the potential outing on the camping trip together with Dana's (presumed) attempted outing of Tony to his family, that could be a real double barrel blast for Tony to deal with...

As always to Mark and his team – what a great job you all have done with this story and the ones that preceded it – thanks for hours and hours of entertainment!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, I am glad to see that Dana was dismissed but have to wonder if this is the last we will see of her. She strikes me as the kind of person that will be vindictive about the breakup and will work at seeing that Tony get's punished for not realizing that she was the best that he could ever do... LOL...

 

Not shocked at all about Tony and Rick, I thought that Will handled the situation really well. I think that Will is going to have to make the decision on whether the roller coaster ride with Tony is worth what they might have in the end. If Will stays and spends some time in St Louis with Tony, he might have a better idea if the relationship is going to be worth the trouble.

 

Unless Mason is just much more intuitive then everyone else, I would think that not everyone would be suprised about Tony. Will may have been able to deflect Mason somewhat but I doubt he really believed Will's explanation.

 

Great chapter and can't wait to see what Mark has coming down the pipeline.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/03/2013 11:35 PM, Napaguy said:
Without Will's presence it is doubtful the Tony could have carried out the permanent dismissal of Dana. It is also apparent that Tony has a weakness where Will is strong and they do complement one another. The last sentence clearly tells the story.

I lay there afterward and decided that sex with him was incredible, but a relationship with him would be one major roller-coaster ride.

and therein lies the conundrum as to whether Will can handle the roller-coaster long term.

Great work Mark and indeed intriguing .

I wonder if Will can handle that ride too. I think he has a hard time divorcing his feelings for Tony from sex because the sex is so good, and that inevitably sucks him in to Tony's twisted world.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 12:19 AM, vaessavoy said:
I'm super happy that Will gets to spend some time in MO with Tony. And it's only partly because I did my undergrad at Mizzou and lived in Columbia for 12 years. I moved to MN in 1994 so I wasn't in the state at the time, but I have some experience with many parts of the state. And I grew up in southern California. My first Pride parade was the st. Louis Pride in the early nineties and was one of the most fabulous experiences of my life. Of course, I was a lesbian in Missouri in the grunge era, so I was pretty much flannel & granola at the time and probably needed some fabulousness at the time. Without spiraling down memory lane, my two cents include that I don't think educated people in Missouri in 2001 were particularly homophobic, and Tony's friends don't seem shallow. They're just trying to use their own shorthand to figure out his background. And they're 19. Maybe Will could visit Columbia and eat at Sub Shop? I worked there for years and could tell you all the secrets....
I spent a lot of time hanging out at Mizzou in the late 80's, so it's quite possible that we could have unknowingly run into each other. Never went to the Sub Shop much. I spent most of my food time in Columbia at Shakespeares, Booches, or the Heidelburg.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 12:28 AM, Kitt said:
OK, where I was feeling pretty sympathetic towards Tony and his fear of coming out of the closet before, I am now starting to get just a tad irritated with the boy. He may be the older of the two but Will is definitely the more mature. Pretty low to be planning to sneak off to the showers with Rick. He dumped Dana in front of Rick and Will, supposedly to spend time as planned with Will. And so much for none of his friends knowing he is gay. If he and Rick are so involved he was willing to blow off Will, and Mason sees the connection between Will and Tony, I am sure others will have at least some suspicions too.

I still see Dana finding a way to make not only Tony's life miserable over getting dumped, but Wills as well.

The only one seemed shallow to me was Dana. She comes across as shallow, self centered and a royal witch. Perhaps my spelling is off there and I should have used a "B".

A roller coaster chapter, something you excel at. Does anyone in your world get to just fall in love and have a happily ever after? JP and Stef are getting there but that's taken almost 40 yrs in the making! I will keep reading another 40 yrs worth of stories if that's what it takes to make it to happily ever after!

I think you're seeing a pattern that will be clearer over the next few chapters. :-)

I'm not sure that "happily ever after" happens to most couples. People change and evolve so much over the years, it's inevitable that they will sometimes grow apart and have conflicts. But for the most part, there are a number of happily ever after couples that probably will end up just fine in CAP.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 03:06 AM, KevinD said:
A very interesting chapter with at least one aspect being handled…meaning Dana, but I'm sure we've not seen nor heard the last from her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to out Tony to his family. Tony's family could be quite interesting since I seem to recall Tony's mom having been somewhat resigned or perhaps aware of his dad cheating on her with men. Certainly a lot of potential with that part of the story and how it plays out into Tony's future…

As for the camping trip itself I feel like it's possible that Tony could get inadvertently outed and then have to deal with his friends reactions. And the question is, will they catch him in the act with Will or Mason or Rick? Mason is somewhat doubtful since Rick and Will are Tony's main (identified male) involvements to date.

If you put the potential outing on the camping trip together with Dana's (presumed) attempted outing of Tony to his family, that could be a real double barrel blast for Tony to deal with...

As always to Mark and his team – what a great job you all have done with this story and the ones that preceded it – thanks for hours and hours of entertainment!

Dana may try to 'out' Tony to his family and friends, but I wonder if those people don't already have Tony figured out.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 03:56 AM, centexhairysub said:
Well, I am glad to see that Dana was dismissed but have to wonder if this is the last we will see of her. She strikes me as the kind of person that will be vindictive about the breakup and will work at seeing that Tony get's punished for not realizing that she was the best that he could ever do... LOL...

 

Not shocked at all about Tony and Rick, I thought that Will handled the situation really well. I think that Will is going to have to make the decision on whether the roller coaster ride with Tony is worth what they might have in the end. If Will stays and spends some time in St Louis with Tony, he might have a better idea if the relationship is going to be worth the trouble.

 

Unless Mason is just much more intuitive then everyone else, I would think that not everyone would be suprised about Tony. Will may have been able to deflect Mason somewhat but I doubt he really believed Will's explanation.

 

Great chapter and can't wait to see what Mark has coming down the pipeline.

I think you're tracking with Tony pretty well.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Outstanding chapter!! As others have said Dana will not give up. The only problem is how far will she go? Tony's family knows. Even Elizabeth knew about Wade. Tony's mother and sister know and it won't be any difference, they love Tony for who he is gay or not. In one way I hope Will and Tony work out. They are good for each other. Tony will become more decisive and Will much more patient. Not all relationships are perfect but they can improve. I think that once Tony's family and friends know about him a great burden will be lifted from him and Will is the only one who can help to lift it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

It was interesting to see Tony finally stand up to Dana. It probably had something to do with knowing that Will and Rick could land up hooking up and he doesn't want that to happen. The whole thing with Mason was interesting. He picked up on the glances and things between Will and Tony but maybe Mason has feeling for Tony too.

Boy it does sound like a roller coaster of a ride. Let's just hope that it doesn't break down and get stuck.

Reading through your responses Mark I see some foreshadowing.... :read:

snapback.png Reply from Mark Arbour (author)

 

Dana may try to 'out' Tony to his family and friends, but I wonder if those people don't already have Tony figured out.

Coming from the author it speaks for itself..... Dana "may" sounds like she is going to. She is a cold hearted bitch and she's not going to go away easily.

 

Great Chapter Mark. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I really don't like Tony, i think will can do such much better and like someone said above i think he is confusing good sex with love after all he is still young and way to good to be involve in Tony and Dana relationship (because i'm sure this isn't the last of it).

As for Dana she is a B*** and i hope she gets what she desserves and tony i is about to start getting regretts because he seems like a insecure person that is easily trown over the edge. When his friends and family find out he is gay i think he is going to have a break down or end up hurting will :/ I hope will in the next chapters gains some conscience and tries to like guys his age with less baggage on there shoulders.

Because what is worse than dating a closet case and with a father he knew was gay?

In the end i hope everything works alright and i love your story continue the good pace :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 06:50 AM, rjo said:
Outstanding chapter!! As others have said Dana will not give up. The only problem is how far will she go? Tony's family knows. Even Elizabeth knew about Wade. Tony's mother and sister know and it won't be any difference, they love Tony for who he is gay or not. In one way I hope Will and Tony work out. They are good for each other. Tony will become more decisive and Will much more patient. Not all relationships are perfect but they can improve. I think that once Tony's family and friends know about him a great burden will be lifted from him and Will is the only one who can help to lift it.
I think that Will's patience is wearing thin
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 07:43 AM, Edward said:
It was interesting to see Tony finally stand up to Dana. It probably had something to do with knowing that Will and Rick could land up hooking up and he doesn't want that to happen. The whole thing with Mason was interesting. He picked up on the glances and things between Will and Tony but maybe Mason has feeling for Tony too.

Boy it does sound like a roller coaster of a ride. Let's just hope that it doesn't break down and get stuck.

Reading through your responses Mark I see some foreshadowing.... :read:

snapback.png Reply from Mark Arbour (author)

 

Dana may try to 'out' Tony to his family and friends, but I wonder if those people don't already have Tony figured out.

Coming from the author it speaks for itself..... Dana "may" sounds like she is going to. She is a cold hearted bitch and she's not going to go away easily.

 

Great Chapter Mark. :)

That's an interesting thought that hadn't really occurred to me: that Tony grew some balls because he was jealous of Rick and Will hooking up. Hmmm.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 08:11 AM, sarapf said:
I really don't like Tony, i think will can do such much better and like someone said above i think he is confusing good sex with love after all he is still young and way to good to be involve in Tony and Dana relationship (because i'm sure this isn't the last of it).

As for Dana she is a B*** and i hope she gets what she desserves and tony i is about to start getting regretts because he seems like a insecure person that is easily trown over the edge. When his friends and family find out he is gay i think he is going to have a break down or end up hurting will :/ I hope will in the next chapters gains some conscience and tries to like guys his age with less baggage on there shoulders.

Because what is worse than dating a closet case and with a father he knew was gay?

In the end i hope everything works alright and i love your story continue the good pace :D

I think that Tony as he is now is not a good match for Will. I wonder what Tony will be like five years in the future.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Great chapter, setting up lots of drama downstream (so to speak).

 

I think a lot of people have nailed the basics. Not a secret I am not Tony's biggest fan, but in seriousness I am willing to allow that he is a work in progress.

 

Dana will try to cause problems, but Tony's family knows he is gay or knows he has the tendency and probaly know about his hook ups, guys are never as discrete as they think they are. I don't think Tony's friends know other than Mason and Mason being smaller and quieter is one of the guys who takes in everything and see things others don't.

 

I don't think his friends will care much once they do find out. A lot of people who think they don't like fags find out that they do afterall when someone they know and like be one. There might be an adjustment time and process, but they usually come around.

 

If I was Will I'd get Tony out of MO and off to Hawaii for a week or two, but then we couldn't see what drama Dana is cooking up, could we :devil:

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Another masterfully written chapter, sir. I first fell in love with your writing when my mom (and yes, i did say my mom) started reading out the funny little scenes as she was reading. since then i have started following your current story while simultaneously going back and reading CAP from the very beginning, along with TRYING to chart out the twisted vines and branches of the family tree. Lol. i love how you fit the history of each year into the story line so fluidly that it's like i'm not even learning when in reality i am. Although i am not looking forward to what i know is coming in September of this particular year, i am interested in how you fit that tragic event into the story. Please keep writing and posting, and i promise that i will continue to read for as long as you post.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/04/2013 12:40 PM, PrivateTim said:
Great chapter, setting up lots of drama downstream (so to speak).

 

I think a lot of people have nailed the basics. Not a secret I am not Tony's biggest fan, but in seriousness I am willing to allow that he is a work in progress.

 

Dana will try to cause problems, but Tony's family knows he is gay or knows he has the tendency and probaly know about his hook ups, guys are never as discrete as they think they are. I don't think Tony's friends know other than Mason and Mason being smaller and quieter is one of the guys who takes in everything and see things others don't.

 

I don't think his friends will care much once they do find out. A lot of people who think they don't like fags find out that they do afterall when someone they know and like be one. There might be an adjustment time and process, but they usually come around.

 

If I was Will I'd get Tony out of MO and off to Hawaii for a week or two, but then we couldn't see what drama Dana is cooking up, could we :devil:

You? Not a Tony fan? What a surprise! :-)

 

I think Tony's problems with his homosexuality (or accepting it, more to the point) are less about what his family or his friends think and more about his own internal demons about it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/06/2013 12:18 AM, Winged_Wolf said:
Another masterfully written chapter, sir. I first fell in love with your writing when my mom (and yes, i did say my mom) started reading out the funny little scenes as she was reading. since then i have started following your current story while simultaneously going back and reading CAP from the very beginning, along with TRYING to chart out the twisted vines and branches of the family tree. Lol. i love how you fit the history of each year into the story line so fluidly that it's like i'm not even learning when in reality i am. Although i am not looking forward to what i know is coming in September of this particular year, i am interested in how you fit that tragic event into the story. Please keep writing and posting, and i promise that i will continue to read for as long as you post.
Thank you so much! There hasn't been as much history lately, as, quite frankly, this was a somewhat boring period of time. I've chosen to use that to develop the characters more. Hopefully that works out in the end.

I have to say that having a mother-daughter team reading my gay story is awesome!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..