Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 4,539 Words
  • 8,095 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

HMS Belvidera - 9. Chapter 9

September, 1795

“Any other admiral in the fleet would have given you accolades for your performance,” Richard Lucas said as they dined in his cabin.

“Thank you,” Granger said. “There is bad blood between my family and the Wilcox family. This isn't the first time I've encountered it.”

“Bad blood? I would have thought your father would have crushed them by now,” Lucas said with a smile.

“He assures me it is just a matter of time,” Granger joked back. “My brother Bertie fought a duel with a member of the Wilcox clan and wounded him badly. They carry a grudge.”

“That's a blackguard thing to do,” he said. Granger agreed. Once shots had been fired or blood had been shed in a duel, the matter was supposed to be settled. To carry a grudge after that was a dishonorable act.

“There's not much I can do about it, and I fear I'll be stuck with him for the voyage home,” Granger said, lamenting his bad luck.

“So you are short a lieutenant?” Lucas asked, changing the subject.

“I am,” Granger said, trying to hide the sadness over being reminded of Grafton.

“My third lieutenant is a bit of free spirit. I think he'd appreciate duty on a frigate. He may be a suitable officer for you. I can call him in if you'd like,” Lucas said affably.

“While I appreciate that, I would feel bad, taking a good officer away from you,” Granger said diplomatically.

“Well, why don't you meet him and you can decide. I have a batch of senior midshipmen desperate for a promotion, so it would work out well for everyone,” Lucas said.

“Thank you,” Granger said agreeably. He was nervous about committing to this new man, especially when he didn't know Lucas very well and it was quite possible he was pawning his problems off on Granger.

“If you take him aboard and he doesn't work out, I would ask that you make an effort to get him posted to another ship,” Lucas said cautiously. “He's been a good officer, and I wouldn't part with him if he weren’t such a restless spirit.” Granger understood the deal, then. He could take this lieutenant, but if he opted to get rid of him, he was promising to do so by finding him another ship.

“That sounds like a fair arrangement,” Granger said.

“Pass the word for Mr. Roberts,” Lucas said. Granger barely managed to hide his surprise.

“Rodney Roberts?” Granger asked.

“You know him?” Lucas said.

Better than you can ever imagine, Granger thought. “I do. We served together in the Mediterranean, at Toulon.” Granger remembered their voyage together on the brig Desperate, and how he’d tried to save Roberts from a vicious captain, ironically enough, another Wilcox.

“Did you have a fair impression of him?” Lucas asked cautiously.

“I did. He was an excellent officer. He will be a welcome addition to Belvidera,” Granger said.

A knock at the door heralded the arrival of Roberts. He grinned broadly when he saw Granger, and that made Granger smile back just as broadly. Roberts looked much as he had the last time Granger had seen him. Tall, at about six feet, with light brown hair and matching light brown eyes, Roberts had a massive body, even more muscular than Grafton's. Granger remembered their time together, how good Roberts had felt, how good he had tasted. “It is good to see you again, Mr. Roberts,” Granger said, pulling himself out of his temporary daze.

“It is good to see you too, sir,” Roberts said, his eyes twinkling a little bit.

“Captain Granger has an opening for a lieutenant on board Belvidera, and I am prepared to approve your transfer if you wish,” Lucas said politely.

Granger saw Roberts' eyes light up, but then his demeanor changed. “Thank you, sir, I appreciate the opportunity, but I made a commitment to you and Arrogant,” he said.

“I am mindful of your loyalty, and I am gratified by it as well. But while you are a talented officer, we are well staffed. I think you would be happier on a frigate,” Lucas said. “I was the one who suggested the transfer to Captain Granger, so go with my blessing.”

“Yes sir. Thank you sir. Thank you for everything,” he said, as he warmly shook Lucas' hand.

“Well then, Mr. Roberts, after you have finished packing, I will see you aboard Belvidera,” Granger said.

“Aye aye sir,” Roberts said, trying to be somber when he couldn't. He saluted, and then left to go pack.

“Thank you, sir,” Granger said.

“Bah. You are doing us all a favor Granger,” Lucas said.

“I must also thank you for a fabulous dinner,” Granger said.

“It is the least I could do after that feast you hosted yesterday,” Lucas said with a smile. Granger had invited him to dine, and Lefavre had outdone himself. “When will you be ready to sail?”

“I'm hoping to leave on the morning tide,” Granger said.

“Well a good voyage to you. I enjoyed meeting you Granger. I hope our paths cross again,” Lucas said, shaking his hand.

“As do I, sir,” Granger said, and then headed to his gig, only his mind was distracted now. Rodney Roberts as one of his lieutenants. That was an exciting but somewhat dangerous proposition. They hadn't been lovers, they'd been friends, and they'd enjoyed a fuck and a couple of blow jobs, but now, together, in the confines of a single ship, it would be an entirely different thing. Granger found that he was looking forward to it.

Granger had to climb across a barge to re-board Belvidera; they were so intently re-provisioning there were barges on each side. That didn't stop the ship from greeting her captain in the time-honored tradition, piping him aboard.

“Welcome back, sir,” Merrick said. He tried to appear happy, but he had been somber since Grafton had died.

“Thank you, Mr. Merrick. Would you join me in my cabin?”

“Certainly, sir,” Merrick said. He followed Granger down to his office and took a seat.

“How are our stores?” Granger asked.

“We should be ready for sea by nightfall, sir,” Merrick said confidently.

“Excellent!” Granger said. “We have a new lieutenant coming aboard, Rodney Roberts, transferring from the Arrogant.”

“That's good news, sir,” Merrick said. “Do you know the date of his commission?” That would determine whether Merrick would remain the senior or not.

“I do not, Mr. Merrick. If Mr. Roberts is the senior, I hope you will not take it hard,” Granger said delicately. “You have done an excellent job as first lieutenant.”

“Thank you, sir,” Merrick said. “I love this ship, and serving under you, so even if he is the senior, I will not have an issue with it.”

“You are more magnanimous than most, Mr. Merrick. I appreciate that,” Granger said. He hesitated, and then asked the question that he wanted to ask. “How are you doing?”

“I'm fine, sir,” Merrick answered uncomfortably.

“I don't usually pry into the affairs of my officers, but I have been worried about you. You seem to be very somber, and you have been since Mr. Grafton died,” Granger said.

“It was hard to lose him, sir. He was a good officer, and a friend,” he said.

“Yes he was,” Granger said. “Did you know him before you joined Belvidera?”

“No sir, but we had become close since I came aboard,” Merrick said. Only he'd let his guard down, and Granger had seen through him, had seen the truth. They were more than just friends, they'd been lovers. Granger thought about Merrick's sweet little ass, and visualized Grafton plowing into it, until he realized his dick was hard as a rock.

“I think I understand, Mr. Merrick,” Granger said sympathetically.

“I didn't mean to imply...” Merrick started, horrified at what his expression had revealed.

“Mr. Merrick, I want to be clear about this. I do not care what my officers do on their off-hours, as long as they are discreet and the men do not find out,” Granger said intently. “Do you understand?”

“I think so, sir,” Merrick said. The man was clearly struggling, both at losing Grafton and now being accused of buggery by his captain. Granger sensed he was on the verge of completely losing it. He saw a tear in Merrick's eye, and then he wiped it away. “I'm sorry, sir,” he said, almost a sob.

Granger got up and walked around his desk so he was standing in front of Merrick. Merrick stood up so they were face to face. Granger looked into his eyes, and knew what he wanted, what he needed. The poor man simply needed a good fuck. “Would you like to be my friend?” Granger asked.

“Your friend sir?” Merrick asked nervously. Granger moved closer, so there was only an inch between them.

“Yes Mr. Merrick, my friend,” Granger said. He looked into Merrick's eyes, watery from his anguish, and saw the pain buried behind them trying to come out. The man was in agony, and he couldn't even grieve in public. He put his hand on Merrick's face, touching his smooth white skin. Merrick's eyes opened wider as he realized what Granger was saying, and that Granger understood him, understood everything.

“I'd like that very much, sir,” he said quietly. Granger put his hand on the back of Merrick's head and pulled him in. Their lips met, tentatively at first, then more urgently as Granger deepened their kiss. He pushed his tongue out, and found himself met eagerly by Merrick's.

“We don't have much time now,” Granger whispered huskily in his ear. “But I know what you need, what you crave.” Merrick's expression had changed, from one of agony to one of lust. The pain was still there, would still be there, but Granger hoped he could ease it just a little bit.

He led Merrick into his sleeping cabin and, remembering his own fuck with Grafton, he roughly turned Merrick around. He figured that was probably the way Merrick liked it. He forcefully pulled Merrick's trousers down and there, in front of him, was Merrick's beautiful ass. Granger ran his hands across his smooth white skin, so soft and cushy. He grabbed the lanolin and lubed his cock, then pushed into Merrick just like Grafton had pushed into him.

“This is what you need, isn't it?” He asked as he began fucking the lieutenant with purpose. “You needed a dick in your ass, you needed a good fuck.”

“Yes, sir,” Merrick said, more of a muffled shriek, “oh yes!” Granger pulled him upright while he continued to pound his ass and reached around to find Merrick's hard cock. It was quite small, maybe only four inches, but that didn't diminish his response as Granger stroked him. Granger thrust on, enjoying Merrick's exquisite ass, the feel of his soft, cushy cheeks as his pelvis ran into them, his tight hole that quivered in ecstasy as Granger's dick moved in and out.

Granger felt Merrick tense up and held his hand over Merrick's cock. He felt Merrick's whole body convulse as he came, blasting his load into Granger's waiting hand. But as Granger wasn't done yet, and he sensed that wouldn't matter to Merrick, he pounded on. He held his hand up, making Merrick lick up his own cum, making him lick his hand clean. The feel of Merrick's tongue on his hand as he licked it off so willingly was enough to set Granger over the edge. He felt his load build and then he blasted into Merrick's ass, riding him the whole time. Finally, when he was finished, Granger pulled out and grabbed a nearby rag to wipe off his dick.

Merrick pulled up his trousers and turned to face Granger, a big smile on his face. “Thank you, sir. That was really wonderful. Thank you so much.”

“It really was my pleasure,” Granger said, and winked at him. Then they both went up on deck to supervise the loading of stores. Granger paced the deck and thought about his encounter with Merrick. It was fun; he had a truly unique body. So soft and smooth, it was almost like a woman's. But there had been no spark. He thought back to when he'd first made love to Calvert, at how the earth had practically moved, and thought about how it had been just as good, if not better, when he had been with Travers.

He paused to evaluate his own motives. Was he really trying to do a good deed, to try to ease his lieutenant's pain? Or was he using that as an opportunity to see if there was a connection? Granger realized that the life of a post-captain was a solitary one, but he thrived on the companionship of a partner, of having someone to love, and someone who could love him back. His mind went in circles as he thought about it, and in the end, he decided that it didn't matter. He'd solved both problems. If he fucked Merrick again, it would be just a fuck.

“Boat ahoy!” Granger heard the lookout shout. He looked out at the water and spied a boat plying toward them. It was one of Arrogant's boats, and he saw it looming up with Roberts sitting in the rear, rigidly upright as he studied his new ship.

Roberts hauled himself up on deck with agility and smartly saluted the quarterdeck. “Lieutenant Roberts, reporting for duty, sir,” he said formally.

“Welcome aboard, Mr. Roberts,” Granger said, and shook his hand. “This is Mr. Merrick.”

“Welcome aboard,” Merrick said pleasantly. “I'm currently the senior, depending on the date of your commission. July '92.”

“March, '92,” Roberts said. “I fear I have come aboard to usurp your position, Mr. Merrick.” Granger watched Roberts handle this perfectly and was impressed.

“Yes sir,” Merrick said. “If you'd like to come below, perhaps I can show you your cabin? I'll have my things moved out at once,” Merrick said, his face stony.

“That can wait. I would much rather spend some time with you, letting you show me the ship,” Roberts said.

“Aye aye sir,” Merrick said.

“Mr. Roberts, report to me when the stores have been loaded,” Granger said.

“Aye aye sir,” Roberts said. It was inevitable that there would be tension between them, but Granger had hoped Roberts' pleasant manner would have forestalled some of that. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case.

Granger retired to his cabin and found Winkler, now back to his old self, bustling around. “I'm going to take this opportunity to take a nap,” he announced. He tried to catch up on his rest when they were in port.

“A luxury I wouldn't understand, sir,” Winkler said. Granger just shook his head, but he smiled at the same time. At least he'd worked out his problems with Winkler. Now he had to work out his problems between his officers.

Granger was awakened from his sleep in a most unusual way. His cabin was dark now, so it was obviously night, and there was someone sucking his dick. And whoever it was, he was doing a really good job. He moved his hand down and ran his fingers through a head of hair and recognized the feel of Roberts' thin brown hair. He pulled his Lieutenant off and up to him, where their lips met. “I hope this is OK,” Roberts said. Granger felt his hard dick pressed against his thigh.

“It is very OK,” Granger said. But that's not what he wanted. He rolled over onto his side and felt Roberts move up behind him.

“God, I've dreamed about fucking your sweet ass,” he whispered into Granger's ear. Granger took a blob of lanolin and put it on his cock. Roberts pushed in without hesitation; evidently foreplay wasn't a big part of his sex life. He had a normal sized cock, and Granger found himself smiling at that, thinking that he was such a slut he'd had much bigger men, so Roberts' was no challenge at all.

He grunted as he pushed in and out of Granger, using his massive arms and his massive body to fully immobilize Granger while he did. Granger just let himself go, relishing the feel of the dick in his ass and how it felt as it stimulated his special spot. He found his mind drifting off, fantasizing that it was Calvert, and that really got him going. He pushed back into Roberts, fucking him back as urgently as Roberts fucked him. He felt Roberts tense up and then felt his whole body spasm as he blasted his load in Granger's ass. Granger urgently stroked himself off, while Roberts politely stayed inside him, letting him feel his cock as he blew his own load.

“That was good, real good,” Roberts said after they recovered.

“I think it's going to be very nice having you aboard,” Granger said. They got dressed and went out into the main cabin, where Granger poured them both a glass of wine. “How are our stores?”

“Fully loaded, sir,” Roberts said. “We're ready to sail at first light, with the morning tide.”

“Excellent,” Granger said. “Have you met the other officers?”

“Yes sir. I'm not surprised that you put together such a good crew. The purser and surgeon are the most unique I've encountered in the Navy.”

Granger agreed. “They are unusually honest and talented. What about Merrick?”

“It's a bit rough, but I'm planning to try and be nice. If that doesn't work in a day or two, I'll have to be a little more forceful,” he said. He didn't ask if that was OK, he didn't have to. It was his right and his responsibility to demand and earn the respect of his subordinates.

“I'm sure you will handle things just fine,” Granger said. As he dismissed Roberts, he hoped that would ultimately be the case.

 

HMS Belvidera ploughed along northward. She'd been out of port three days now, and Granger expected that they'd sight the convoy tomorrow or the next day. He paced the deck, enjoying the brisk wind coupled with the warm temperatures. On days like this, with beautiful weather and relatively calm seas, it would be hard to envision a better profession than that of being a sailor.

“Gifford, what are you doing?” Roberts asked a seaman who was polishing the barrel of the nearest starboard carronade.

“Mr. Merrick told me to shine up the old girl, sir,” Gifford said pleasantly.

“Did he know that I had given you instructions to test the glasses against each other?” Roberts asked.

“I told him, sir, but he told me I could finish that as soon as I was done with the carronade,” Gifford said innocently. A test to Roberts' authority. It had come to this.

Granger intervened. There was no reason for the crew to be involved. “You're doing a fine job with the carronade, Gifford, but the glasses get priority.”

“Aye aye sir,” he said, his eyes wide at being addressed directly by his captain.

“Mr. Roberts, I will see you and Mr. Merrick in my cabin at once,” Granger said. “Mr. Lennox!”

“Sir?”

“Pass the word for Mr. Carslake. You have the watch until he gets here,” Granger ordered.

“Aye aye sir,” Lennox said with a grin. Having a watch, even for a few minutes, was quite an event for the young midshipman.

Granger strode down to his cabin, followed by Roberts, and stopped to speak to the Marine guarding his door. “You will let Mr. Merrick pass and no one else, do you understand?”

“Aye aye sir,” he said.

“It's a dozen lashes for you if you don't,” Granger said, scaring the shit out of the marine. No one would pass. He stormed into his cabin and saw Winkler. “Winkler, leave us.”

“Aye aye sir,” Winkler said, and scurried out of his cabin. Before Roberts could say anything, there was a knock on the door and Merrick came in, looking very nervous.

“You wanted to see me sir?” he asked.

“Gifford was ordered by Mr. Roberts to test the glasses. You took him off that duty to polish a carronade,” Granger stated. “Explain yourself.”

“I felt that having the ship in perfect order was the first priority, sir,” he said defensively.

“So you superseded my orders?” Roberts asked. His eyes showed fire; he was enraged. “I have tried to be patient with you Mr. Merrick, but directly contradicting my orders is gross insubordination.”

Merrick looked at Granger, horrified. “That is correct,” Granger said. “You have violated the Articles of War, and by rights, you should stand before a court-martial.”

“I didn't mean to do that sir. I'm sorry sir,” he said to Roberts.

“Mr. Roberts,” Granger said evilly, the germ of an idea forming in his brain, “I have a suggestion.”

“Sir?” asked Roberts.

“I think instead of a court-martial, we will subject Mr. Merrick to some corporal punishment, to remain between the three of us,” Granger said.

“If you think that is best sir,” Roberts said dubiously.

“I do.” Granger turned to Merrick, who was almost in tears. “The choice is yours, Mr. Merrick.”

“I am at your mercy sir,” he said, a beaten man.

“Strip off your clothes,” Granger ordered. They both stared at him, amazed. “Or were you planning to disobey my orders too?”

“No sir,” Merrick said nervously. He hurriedly but deliberately pulled off his uniform. Granger watched him, and watched Roberts watch him. Roberts hadn't seen him shower yet, hadn't seen his snowy white skin. In no time, Merrick was standing there in front of them, stark naked.

Granger pushed him over to his desk and bent him over it, so his ass was almost sticking up in the air. Granger pulled his hand back and smacked Merrick's ass sharply, then left his hand on it and allowed his fingers to run seductively down his crack. “Would you like a turn Mr. Roberts?”

“Yes sir,” Roberts said. His pants were tenting as much as Granger's. He smacked Merrick's ass hard, almost causing him to squeal, and ran his fingers down his crack like Granger had done. They each smacked him four more times. Granger left them both there and went to his cabin to get his lanolin. When he came back, he found Roberts standing behind Merrick, running his fingers up and down Merrick's crack. Merrick moaned softly.

Granger pulled him off the desk and pushed him down onto the deck, on his knees. Granger put the lanolin on his hole and pushed his own trousers down. He took out his cock and drove into Merrick's ass, making him almost cry out. “He wants to suck your dick, Mr. Roberts, don't you Merrick?” Granger asked.

“Yes, yes sir,” Merrick moaned, as Granger pistoned slowly in and out of him. Roberts stood in front of him and took out his own dick, then jammed it in Merrick's mouth. It was long enough to choke Merrick, but Roberts didn't care. He just went on, pounding into Merrick's mouth, fucking it like he'd fucked Granger's ass. Merrick wore his hair long, as they all did, so Granger grabbed some and pulled his head back.

“Mr. Roberts, drop your pants and turn around,” Granger said, maintaining his slow pace. “Mr. Merrick wants to kiss your ass.”

Roberts smiled and did just that, pushing his ass into Merrick's face. Merrick hesitated, but only for a minute, then he dove in, licking Roberts' hole like his life depended on it. Granger fucked him harder then, and reached down to slap his ass a few more times. Then he came, blasting into Merrick's tight little hole.

“Your turn, Mr. Roberts. Fuck him hard. Show him who's in charge,” Granger ordered. Roberts was fired up. He got up behind Merrick and pushed his dick in, then grabbed Merrick's hips and started to really pound him. Granger was worried that he'd hurt him, so hard did he slam into him, but when he looked at Merrick's face, he saw his eyes rolled back in ecstasy. Roberts went on, not easing up at all, until he blew his load into Merrick's ass as well.

Roberts pulled out, and Granger pushed Merrick over so now he was lying on the carpet, flat on his back, his small cock erect and throbbing. “Do you understand the chain of command now?” Granger demanded.

“Yes sir. I'm sorry Mr. Roberts,” he said.

“I think we need to show him that we forgive him,” Granger said.

“I agree sir,” Roberts said. They lay down next to him on either side. Roberts kissed him forcefully while Granger explored his soft, white body. His skin was so smooth, so flawless, Granger just moved his mouth over it, kissing and licking as he moved down to Merrick's dick. He took Merrick's cock into his mouth and heard a loud moan as Merrick yelled into Roberts' mouth. Then he shot his load, blast after blast, down Granger's throat. When he was done, Granger let his dick slip out of his mouth, then stood up and pulled his uniform into shape.

They both watched Merrick as he got dressed, Roberts with eyes full of lust. When they were all dressed, Merrick turned to Roberts. “I am sorry. I will never disobey your orders again, sir.”

“There are rewards for good behavior, Mr. Merrick,” Roberts said, and winked at Granger. Granger dismissed them to go back on deck, and then followed them.

“You may now let Winkler and my staff back in,” he said to the marine.

“Aye aye sir,” the marine said, snapping to attention.

Granger walked up on deck and immediately noticed the change in atmosphere, the lack of tension. He sighed to himself, wishing he were in his cabin, alone, so he could do it aloud. He thought about Merrick and Roberts, and tried to figure out how he felt about them. Both of them were fun, good fucks in their own way, but they didn’t spark the fire in him that Calvert and Travers did. Neither one of them would ever be more than a friend and a convenient release. He paced his deck, thinking about the many duties of a captain, and pondering what a lonely existence it really was.

   

Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think every single person he has bed in this series, is going drop by on this ship the way things are going. Interesting chapter, thank you.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Roberts on board as the new 1st Lieutenant seems good for George.  Now he has Merrick and Roberts to take care of his needs, and without the spark that often leads George to add a new lover to his list.  The punishment for Merrick's insubordination was unique, but effective. Great writing.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

George has a unique idea of corporal punishment.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..