Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 5,115 Words
  • 8,726 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Paternity - 92. Chapter 92

December 29, 2000

Escorial, CA

Wade

I waited on the front portico for my psychologist to arrive. I’d called him yesterday to set up an appointment, and even though I tried to hide it, he must have sensed my desperation. He’d talked about trying to schedule something around his grandsons, who were visiting, and sounded pretty annoyed. The older one was eleven, while the younger one was almost nine. Then I’d had an inspiration, and suggested that he bring them up to Escorial. There were a lot of things to do up here. That seemed to transform his whole attitude. By making it an outing for his family, and not just work for him, I’d probably helped him avoid a ration of crap for working over the holiday week.

The big white Mercedes S-500 pulled up and parked. David Sizemore got out and strode over to shake my hand. “Thanks for agreeing to see me,” I said to him.

“Well, this works out pretty well, since I got a call from Robbie not long after yours,” he said.

“Group therapy,” I joked. “We need it.”

“Well, you called first, so you get to go first,” he joked back. “This is my daughter, Alicia.” He introduced me to a very pretty brunette who looked to be in her mid-30s. “I promised her she could do some shopping while we were meeting.”

“I appreciate the break,” she said, giving her sons a dubious look. “It’s hard to get things done while I’m managing these two.” The older son rolled his eyes. “This is Davy, and that’s Danny,” she said, introducing us. Davy was the older one, presumably named after his grandfather. He seemed very shy and withdrawn. Danny, the younger one, was more outgoing.

“It’s nice to meet you both. Come on in,” I said, leading them into the house. Nana was there, probably eavesdropping on our greeting. “This is my grandmother, Eulalie Garrett,” I said, introducing them.

“So these are the two that I’m in charge of,” she said to them. It was funny to watch them look at her wide-eyed. “You ever ridden a horse?”

“No, ma’am,” Danny said. Davy just shook his head.

“Well that’s the first thing on our agenda. I’ve got someone here to help me, if he ever shows up.” Will came strolling in, shaking his head.

“I’m right here,” he said. The boys looked at Will in an entirely different way. He was the ultra-cool older kid, the kind of kid whose attention they craved. Will stared at all of us, and for some reason looked a little freaked out. I watched as he manfully pulled himself together, although I doubted the others noticed his discomfort. “I forgot something,” he said, patting his pants pockets. “Give me just a few minutes, and I’ll meet you in the stables.” He turned around and charged down the hall, presumably to his room.

“That was Will,” I said to David as Will disappeared.

“The Will? The one I’ve heard so much about?” he asked, chuckling.

“The very same. You still want to trust your grandsons to him?”

He smiled. “I have a feeling there aren’t many people more trustworthy with those kids than him.”

“That’s probably true,” I agreed. JP appeared, walking gracefully over to meet us. “This is JP Crampton.”

David shook his hand. “I’ve heard so much about you, I feel like I should almost bow.” JP smiled graciously at that compliment, knowing that David had derived his impression from all the good things Robbie and I, as well as Matt, Brad, and Gathan, had said about him.

“I work hard to garner good PR,” he joked. “Would you like a tour of the house?”

“I have to work, but maybe Alicia would, before she leaves to go shopping.” JP looked at her and blinked. For anyone else, it would have meant nothing, but for him, it was as if he were slapped across the face. He got his act together seamlessly. I wondered what it was about her that was causing this reaction in both Will and JP.

“Will is supposed to help me take them riding, but he vanished,” Nana groused. “Maybe we can give everyone a tour while he gets his act together.”

“That’s a wonderful idea,” JP said. “Come along. Let me show you around.” The boys looked disappointed. House tours weren’t high on their list of fun things, I was sure. “I’ll show you where the pool is, and then when you’re done riding, you can go swimming.” That perked them up a bit.

I led David into JP’s study, and we sat in the seating area, avoiding the desk. David took out a pad to make some notes and sat in one of the big leather armchairs, while I sat on the couch. “You sounded very agitated,” he said. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry to do this, to drag you away from your home when you’re trying to take time off,” I apologized. He said nothing, urging me to get to the point. “I fucked up, and I’m worried that I’m going to really damage my relationship with Matt.”

“Is he here?” David asked.

I nodded. “I wanted to talk to you first, and then maybe you can help me talk to him.”

“That’s fine. Tell me what’s wrong, Wade.”

“I had sex with Brad,” I told him. Robbie was one of his patients, and David had met with them together several times, so he knew Brad pretty well.

“Did you initiate the encounter, or did he?”

“I initiated the encounters,” I said. “Although I think the last few were pretty much mutual.”

“Why did you do it?”

“Robbie has really been losing it lately,” I told him. “He’s been bonding with JJ, but their relationship is kind of twisted, almost like JJ’s relationship with his mother. That drove a wedge between Robbie and pretty much everyone else in the family, including Brad.”

“When I talked to Robbie last night, he said that he’d seriously damaged many of his relationships, but that he felt he’d done much to repair them,” he observed.

“He has,” I agreed, although I wasn’t sure what caused his remarkable transformation. “But before that happened, Brad was up here, and he was all ticked off because Robbie had taken some young actor out for dinner. They were pretty estranged.”

“So you opted to take advantage of their estrangement to sleep with Brad?” he asked.

“You make me sound so mercenary,” I said.

“I am not here to judge you, Wade. I’m just trying to understand your motives.”

I nodded. “Both Matt and I have had a crush on Brad for a really long time. There’s just something about him that is really attractive. It goes beyond looks. He’s so strong, so virile, so masculine.”

“So powerful?” David asked.

“I guess that’s part of it, yeah,” I agreed. “So I had a chance to fulfill a fantasy, and he was really hurting, so I figured that I could help us both out.”

“But Matt didn’t sleep with him?”

“No,” I said. “Matt’s like Brad’s step-son, and Robbie would shit a brick if he slept with Brad.” I got the feeling that David already knew that.

“So you slept with him, and you enjoyed it?”

I smiled, I couldn’t help it. “It was amazing.”

“Was it better than the sex you have with Matt?”

I sighed. “I love Matt, so the connection between us is surreal, but the actual sex was better with Brad.”

“Tell me why sex with Brad was so amazing.”

I didn’t really have to gather my thoughts on that one. It was almost all that had occupied my mind lately. “He’s so strong, in charge, and in control. It’s like I just instinctively surrender to him.”

“You trust him enough to do that?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“Don’t you do that with Matt?”

“Not really. With us, we’re, I don’t know how to describe it. We make love. It’s like we’re on an equal footing.” It sounded lame, but he nodded, like he understood.

“How many times have you had sex with Brad?”

“Five times,” I answered. “On Christmas Day, I went to his room, and he told me that he couldn’t sleep with me anymore. He and Robbie had worked out their differences.” I shifted in my seat, because I was so uncomfortable talking about this. “I went there to tell him the same thing, to tell him that I had to end it, but he beat me to the punch.”

“Why did you do that? It sounds like you were finding your encounters to be satisfying.”

“Matt and I made a deal when we started this open relationship thing, and that was that if either one of us thought the person we were sleeping with was a threat to our relationship, we had to end it.”

“So you figured out that sleeping with Brad was hurting your relationship with Matt?”

“No,” I said, shaking my head. “Matt did. He pointed out that I snuck out of our room in the middle of the night when we were in DC to go sleep with Brad, and asked me how I would have felt if he’d done that with Carl Haupt.”

“Carl was the young man you had such issues with a few months ago?” he asked. I nodded. “So Matt explained that to you, and you agreed?”

“It wasn’t exactly a pleasant discussion,” I said. Matt had been pissed off and vicious, and I hadn’t exactly been all that nice either. “I wasn’t all that keen on stopping it, and to be honest, I only did it because he pulled out the thing with Carl. It made me realize how much I was hurting him.”

“So you met with Brad four days ago and ended it. Why does this still bother you?”

“Because I can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t stop thinking about Brad. When I’m in the room with him, I find myself looking at him constantly. And when I’m not with him, I fantasize about us, about sex.”

“Do you love Brad? If the two of you could run off and be together, would you do that?”

I shook my head. “I love Matt. He’s my partner. But even when I’m with him, even when we’re doing it, I’m thinking about Brad. And worst of all, I think Matt knows it. He’s so pissed off at me, and I know that’s just his way of dealing with how bad I’m hurting him.” There was a quiet knock at the door, and Matt poked his head in.

“You said you wanted me to come by at 1:30,” he said. “Do you want me to come back?”

“No,” I said. “Come on in.”

David stood up to shake his hand. “It’s good to see you again.” Matt sat next to me on the couch, but kept a pretty big distance between us, which was probably symbolic of how he felt right now. “Wade’s just been telling me about your recent issues.”

Matt gave me a particularly nasty look. “How am I supposed to compete with a guy who is rich, successful, smart, and has a huge cock?”

“There’s no competition,” I said to him, but he didn’t hear me. “You told me to end it, and I ended it. And you’re still pissed off at me.”

“You didn’t end it, he ended it. You went to his room to fuck him, and he told you it was over,” Matt snapped. “You got dumped. So don’t make it sound like you were being noble.”

“I didn’t do that,” I said. “I didn’t. We talked, and I told him I couldn’t sleep with him anymore. He told me the same thing.” I sounded pathetic, like I was pleading with him, and that just made me feel worse.

“Matt,” David intervened. “From what Wade said, you explained to him that you weren’t comfortable with his sexual relationship with Brad and asked him to end it. He noted that you both had agreed that if you felt someone else was a threat, that’s how you’d handle it. And it sounds like, regardless of how it ended, the relationship is over. Yet you seem really upset?”

“Damn right I’m upset,” Matt said angrily. I briefly thought of my nickname for him: Matt the volcano. “He’s not sleeping with him, as far as I know, but he’s still in this relationship with him.”

“I’m not sleeping with him,” I swore, and it was the truth.

Matt turned to me. “No, but you think about him every fucking minute of the day. I see the way you look at him. And when we have sex, you’re not with me, you’re with him. I’m just a surrogate for you. All I am is a dildo, a smaller version to service you. Should I bill you by the hour?” His little tirade only validated what I said, exposing how hurt and upset he was about this.

He was right, more or less. This is where I’d come to, where I’d brought us to, with my indiscretion. I just slumped over, defeated, and put my head in my hands. I was so depressed, so dejected, that I didn’t really know what to do, or what to say. All the progress I’d made after being molested by my father, all the effort I’d made to be a good lover and overcome my ‘zombie mode’, as Matt called it, all of that was wasted. I wondered if I’d ever be able to have a normal relationship, or if this would always happen, where I’d be rolling along happily, and just self-destruct. I wasn’t capable of that kind of instability in my life. I couldn’t handle these kinds of emotional upheavals on a constant basis. If this was my flaw, if this was how I was, then it was going to be impossible for me to be in any sort of committed relationship. “Wade, are you alright?” David asked.

I shook my head, but I couldn’t look at him, and I couldn’t look at Matt. “He’s right,” I said softly. “I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to stop it.”

“I’ve been thinking that we could move away from here, get our own place, so maybe he wouldn’t have to see Brad so often,” Matt said. “Maybe that would solve the problem.”

I looked up and stared at him, and he looked at me worried. My hands were wet from the tears I’d been shedding, even though I hadn’t really realized that. I was so fucked up, it was unbelievable. “You’d do that for me?” He loved being here, at Escorial, but he’d give that up to try and make things better?

I saw his expression change as he melted a bit, and let some of his anger go. “Wade, I love you. This is killing me, and it’s killing you, so if that’s what I need to do to fix it, that’s what I’ll do.” I nodded to thank him, but I couldn’t stand to look at him. I felt so ashamed that I’d brought us to this, and I felt even more ashamed that I was such a failure, that I couldn’t control my mind and my feelings. I used to be so good at that. Why couldn’t I do it now? “We can move, we can even not see other people. The only thing I can’t do is get a bigger dick, but we can get big sex toys, if that’s what it takes,” he said. I could tell he was trying to be playful.

“Matt, I don’t think this has anything to do with how well-endowed you are or aren’t,” David said reassuringly. He’d picked up on something I’d largely ignored, but he was right, that really wasn’t an issue for me. But it was for Matt. I could see where Matt may think that, and I could see where that would feed on a typical male insecurity.

I looked up at Matt and stared directly into his eyes, so he’d know I was sincere. “He’s right,” I said. “You have absolutely no problems in that department.”

“Then what is it Wade?” he asked, almost pleaded with me. “What is it that he does that makes sex with him so much better than sex with me?”

“It’s not like that,” I said, then stopped, because it was.

“I have a hypothesis,” David said. Those four words, four simple words, brought me out of my misery and captured my complete attention. They gave me hope. “I could be wrong, but I’ll tell you what I think the issue may be.”

“What?” Matt asked impatiently.

“I don’t think this really has anything to do with Brad at all,” David said.

“How can that be?” Matt demanded. I reached out and put my hand on his shoulder, making him jump.

“Let’s hear him out, OK?” He smiled at me and nodded.

“OK.” It was the first thing we’d agreed on since Christmas.

“When you talked about sex with Brad, and I asked you what it was that made it so good, you didn’t talk about him, you talked about what he did to you,” David said. He flipped through his notes. “You told me ‘he’s so strong, in charge, and in control. It’s like I just instinctively surrender to him’,” David said, quoting me. “You didn’t mention Brad, talk about him as a person, or mention his penis size.” He said that last part even as he looked at Matt.

“So what’s that mean?” Matt asked impatiently.

“Sometimes people who are used to being in control, whether it’s of themselves, or of others, derive sexual pleasure from giving up that control,” he said. “You have an enormous amount of self-control, Wade. I think that what Brad did by taking charge was force you to surrender that power, to yield to him. That let you fully let yourself go.”

“You mean he likes to be submissive?” Matt asked. He was as incredulous as I was.

“Submissive?” I asked with disdain, my mind rebelling against that word and all that it implied.

“I think it’s possible,” David said.

“Is that where Matt wears leather boots and I have to grovel on the floor and lick them?” I asked. That sounded pretty revolting to me.

“Not necessarily,” David said. “It can be as simple as him being in control while you’re in bed, in deciding what to do or what positions to be in, or it can be as complicated as you being completely immobilized in a rubber suit.”

“Why would someone who’s a control freak like Wade want to be submissive?” Matt asked, kind of teasing me.

David smiled slightly. “I’ve seen it in patients before, and it often comes from the most powerful men and women. One of my clients was the CEO of a large company. He’d go to work where he was the man in charge, then he’d come home and he’d want to be relieved of that burden. Some men and women do that by yielding responsibility for household issues to their partner, or by giving up control of the finances, but many do it sexually. In his case, he liked it when his wife tied him up and spanked him.”

“Dude, I do not want to be spanked,” I said firmly. The thought of that had no appeal at all.

“That’s part of the challenge,” he said. “Finding what you really enjoy, and what you don’t.”

“But why am I obsessing over this?” I asked him.

“Sexuality, especially male sexuality, is a very complicated thing. Some people have a fetish, say, over feet. For them to truly achieve their maximum sexual pleasure, they need to involve that fetish in their lovemaking. Not all the time, but some of the time. It’s like a person who craves chocolate chip ice cream, which is my personal favorite,” he said with a smile. “I don’t want to have it all the time, but when I crave it, it almost becomes something I have to have.”

“Like Robbie enjoys having a fist up his ass,” Matt said, joking. David didn’t say anything, since Robbie was his patient.

“You said this is a hypothesis,” I said. “How do I know if you’re right?”

“You’ll have to experiment,” he said, smiling.

Matt turned to me, a huge grin on his face. “Dude, we are gonna have so much fun with this. I am gonna make you my bitch in bed.”

I smiled back at him, but my body was having an entirely different reaction. I was so fucking horny I couldn’t stand it. “You’re alright with this?” I asked.

He laughed. “When have I not been willing to try something different when it comes to sex?”

“Good point,” I said.

“You can probably figure this out, but you may want to pick up some books, or do some internet research on this,” David said. “There are a couple of important things to remember, though.”

“What?” Matt asked.

“When you have someone who gives up control, you need to give them a safety switch, a way out if things get too intense, especially if you get into things like bondage or S&M.” My eyes got wide at that. “I’m not saying you have to, but if you do, there’s a protocol. You need to have a safe word. Whoever is the one giving up control has that safe word, and he can pull it out and use it if he gets uncomfortable. The safe word is his equivalent of saying ‘stop’.”

“Why can’t I just say stop?” I asked curiously.

“Because sometimes one of the attractions for the person being restrained is their ability to cry out and demand to be released, yet to not be,” he noted. “This way, someone can fulfill that desire by screaming ‘stop’, or ‘don't’, or whatever else, but if they are really serious about ending the session, they use the safe word.” David was making this sound really kinky, and was pushing all kinds of boundaries that I wasn’t sure I wanted to push.

“Bondage?” Matt asked David, and then turned to me. “Would you be into that, into me tying you up?”

I thought about that, and it just fueled my libido. I could definitely see myself experimenting with that one. “I’d be willing to try it,” I said, and knew I was blushing so hard I must look red as a beet.

“Dude, we are gonna have so much fun,” Matt said, grinning enthusiastically. “I can’t wait to go shopping.”

I laughed at that, and at him, and then got serious. “What if this doesn’t work?” I asked.

“Then you try something else,” David said. “The thing you have to remember is that this isn’t about Brad, it’s about some inner sexual desire you have that he managed to fulfill. You just have to find out how to do that with Matt.” I nodded. “And that’s the other important thing. You have to talk about this.”

“We will,” I said kind of dismissively.

“No,” David said firmly. “I’m serious. You have to really communicate about it. My masseuse told me that she’ll have patients who come in and will see her several times, and only after a bunch of visits will they tell her that her pressure was too hard. So all that time she was hurting them, when she didn’t want to, all because they wouldn’t tell her not to use so much force.”

“He’s saying that if you don’t tell me if you like it or not, we can’t get it right,” Matt said. “If you want to succeed, you have to give me feedback.” I nodded, even as I marveled at how well he knew me. He was tapping into my basic competitive nature, challenging me to approach this as a contest that I had to win.

I scooted closer to Matt and took both of his hands in mine, making him look directly at me. “I’m really sorry that I hurt you. I love you so much.”

“It’s OK, baby,” he said to me tenderly. “I get it now. It’s OK. I love you too.” He pulled me into a hug, a big hug, and I looked over his shoulder and saw David smiling. “We’ll work this out. We will.” I was filled with hope, even as I broke off our embrace.

“Thanks, David,” I said as I stood up to shake his hand. “I really appreciate it.”

“It’s not a problem. I wonder how my grandsons are enjoying the horses,” he mused. “They don’t get an opportunity to go out into the country, or to places where there are horses, all that often.”

“Do they live in the Bay Area?” I asked.

“No, they live in Los Angeles,” he said. “Alicia is an accountant, while her husband James is a skating coach.”

“Ice skating or roller skating?” Matt asked.

“Ice skating. Figure skating, to be exact. In fact, I discovered recently that he coaches Brad and Robbie’s middle son, JJ. I didn’t make that connection before.” I found that odd, since JJ was pretty well known in the junior age circles, and James had gone to Norway with him. “He usually coaches three to five skaters at a time, those who have serious talent, and it’s tough to keep track of them.”

“He changes clients that often?” Matt asked.

David shrugged. “According to Alicia, at that level, there’s a relatively high attrition rate. The kids either have it or they don’t. I understand JJ is quite talented.”

“He is,” Matt affirmed.

“James is so focused on the upcoming meet in Boston that he was unwilling to break away for Christmas, so they stayed in LA. But Alicia made it up to us by bringing the boys up here right afterward.”

We heard wheels screeching in front and looked out to see Alicia jumping out of the Mercedes and charging toward the door. Before we could even digest that, the doors to the study flew open and Alicia came in, sobbing loudly. “Oh my God!” she shrieked. “Oh my God!”

“What’s the matter?” David asked, even as he ran over to comfort her. I saw JP and Stef come into the room, both of them looking somber.

“It’s James. There’s been an accident,” she said, and broke down sobbing again.

“What happened?” David asked. “Tell me Alicia!”

“He was driving to the rink, and pulled out in front of a semi. He was on the bike.” She broke down crying again. “It crushed his skull.” I felt Matt’s arm on my shoulders, as we grappled with the horror of losing someone like that.

“No one could survive that,” David said. I was surprised that he didn’t seem as upset as I would have thought he’d be. Maybe he wasn’t all that fond of his son-in-law, or maybe he was just stoic like I usually was.

She shook her head. “He was dead before the police even got there.”

“Was it his fault?” I asked.

“There were witnesses who said they saw him pull in front of the truck. The poor truck driver is supposed to be broken up over it,” she said, then started sobbing again. “Daddy, what am I going to tell the boys? How do I explain this to them?”

“We’ll tell them together,” he said in a soothing voice.

“What am I going to do? He’s gone? What am I going to do?” she asked. She was pretty incoherent at this point.

“We’ll take it one step at a time, Alicia,” he said, in his same soothing voice. “We’ll tell the children, and then we’ll go down to LA and make the arrangements as soon as we can.”

“I need to be there,” she said, as if she were suddenly possessed by a demon, a demon that was demanding that she go to LA.

“We need to tell JJ,” Matt said. David and Alicia looked at us, as if just remembering that we were in the room.

“They will all be so devastated,” Alicia said. “My sons and the boys he worked with. They’ll all be crushed, just like he was.”

“I hope you do not mind me interjecting,” Stef said smoothly. “I am Stefan Schluter.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” David said. Alicia just looked at him, probably wondering what the fuck he wanted, and why he was interrupting.

“If you would like to go back to Los Angeles, I would be more than happy to fly you back at your convenience. I have a plane based here at Palo Alto Airport,” Stef said smoothly. It was a remarkably generous offer.

“Thank you so much,” Alicia said. “That is so nice of you.”

“Your father has done much for our family. It is a small token of our appreciation. When would you like to depart?”

Alicia looked at David. “We can go as soon as we tell the boys,” he said. She nodded.

“I will alert the pilots,” Stef said, and left the room to contact his plane.

“I am terribly sorry for your loss,” JP said. “The boys are still riding. Would you like to go talk to them at the stables, or would you rather us have them brought back to you here?”

Alicia just looked at David. “I’d rather have them change and come back here,” he said, answering for her.

“We can handle that,” I said.

“I’ve got something I need to do,” Matt said, and I could see his mind working with some scheme.

“I’ll tell them,” I told him. I went out to the stables, walking quickly until I was outside, then I sprinted over to the paddock, where Nana had each boy on a mare. She led one of them, while Will led the other. “Hey guys,” I said. “Your mom needs you to clean up and come inside.” They whined, like kids do when they don’t want to do something.

“Now that’s enough whining,” Nana said, cutting them off. “You come back here next time and we’ll do some more riding.”

“Thanks!” Danny said enthusiastically. Davy just smiled.

The boys dismounted and scurried off to go change. “We were almost finished anyway,” Nana said.

“There was an accident,” I said somberly. Will and Nana just looked at me, waiting for me to go on. “Their father was killed in a motorcycle accident.”

“Oh no,” Nana said, shaking her head. Will didn’t say anything; he just shook his head and started walking, then running, toward the house.

Copyright © 2013 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 42
  • Love 2
  • Wow 8
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Wow! Who would know that the man who has done so much for this family would nave a son-in-law who would have done so much evil. Only Mark could have done this, What a small world! Before I thought that this family would reach out to these two boys. Now I know it will happen. The only thing is can the five live with what they have done? Killing someone even if they were evil hurts those innocent people around them. After the feel good chapter now we go back to the snake pit. Brad and JP have dealt with it before. How will Robbie, Stef and Will? No one can know , no one! I think that will be hardest on Will. The others have lived with these secrets before. He has not, Just as he got his life setup and in line. Everything looked so promising this dark wrinkle could haunt him. Mark another amazing chapter! Not the warm and fuzz type to be sure, but one which gives you pause to think. Who is the person in the mirror? And can I still look him in the face? That is what these five must live with forever.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Oh my freaking god... I just did not see this at all... No wonder both Will and JP reacted the way they did when they saw her. They had both seen a picture of his family they night they found the pictures of JJ. I wonder if it was an accident?

Wade is going to make a great submissive and I bet Matt makes a great Dominate.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Will certainly was acting .... odd. I wonder how he's going to react now that the reality sets in. I think Wade needs the submissiveness in the bedroom. Maybe not whips and chains or even light BDSM but he needs to be controlled and told what to do. Although I hope you write about the experiment with being tied down.

 

 

That was definitely a twist I never saw coming. I hope little Davy's shyness is not the result of abuse. The good doctor didn't seem terribly upset about his son in law's death. I wonder why? I would assume that he'd see signs of abuse if it was happening to his grandkids but I'm sure he would have done something about that. Or did he? :evil:

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well . . . . that would explain why JP and Will responded as they did. It'll be interesting to see how they all handle further interactions. As for Wade's subserviance needs, I'm actually shocked that Matt hadn't figured out long ago that he enjoyed being dominated, sexually, unless he held back due to worrying about Wade's daddy issues.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Talk about a small world. Now there are so many questions.

Did JP or Steph arrange this accident? Or did it just simply happen? (I know that's only 2 questions)

Either way, now that they have met the wife and kids of JJ's coach they are going to really feel guilty.

I do hope that it was an accident because knowing the family really changes the way I feel about it. Not that nothing should have been done, and this is perhaps better than revealing what a despicable person the coach was. His family will suffer, but it is better this way.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Mark,

Since (oddly) I have not reviewed a chapter since chapter 86 I'll randomly review them in this chapter's review.

Matt & Wade:

  • I was kind of surprised that Matt had issues with Wade sleeping with Brad. Granted we got a sneak peek in chapter 87 that he was starting to be pissed. I remember stating that I didn't think Matt would have a problem, but I can see why he would now. If your partner seemed to be going back to the same person that would start the worrying process to me. The main issue (that I agree with Matt on) is Wade thinking about Brad when he is with Matt. That is a hit to Matt sexual ego.

JJ:

  • I was shocked that JJ was being molested by his coach. I was even pissed off at myself for the way his behavior affected my view of him. This totally explains it. I approved (and agreed) of the fact that the coach was killed. However I cannot exclude that issue that Michael was not held accountable for his involvement. I am glad that Robbie came to his senses and repaired his relationships. It was kind of shocking that the grandfather-in-law is the therapist of both Robbie and Wade. I guess that means Robbie cannot let anything slip in his session. I was glad that they agreed to let Will in on decisions on how to handle the situation, bit I wonder why he ran. I guess it could relate to the fact that he cannot hide much from Wade (let alone lie to him). Either that or he was not fully informed on this decision or felt bad about the two sons.

Christmas:

  • I also liked that Will spent time with JJ and his Mom. It seemed to make his Mom's Christmas better (even if she may not remember it). Stef's present was perfect. He included the entire family in the Coat of Arms and showed appreciations to family friends. I remember when I first saw my family's Coat of Arms. I was very moved. My coat of arms has:
    • A silver shield with a silver Dolphin (meaning diligence, salvation, charity, and love) between two gold Martlets (one who subsists by virtue and merit, not inheritance) on a red bend, between two red Lions' head (dauntless courage, bravery, strength, ferocity, and valor) erased, a knights helm with a green Laurel (peace) above it. It has the colors of Silver (sincerity), Red (warrior, martyr, and strength), Green (hope and loyalty in love) and Gold (generosity). Its motto is “Pro rege et patria” (for King and country).

Overall another great chapter,

Kody

Link to comment
On 02/12/2013 08:51 PM, rjo said:
Wow! Who would know that the man who has done so much for this family would nave a son-in-law who would have done so much evil. Only Mark could have done this, What a small world! Before I thought that this family would reach out to these two boys. Now I know it will happen. The only thing is can the five live with what they have done? Killing someone even if they were evil hurts those innocent people around them. After the feel good chapter now we go back to the snake pit. Brad and JP have dealt with it before. How will Robbie, Stef and Will? No one can know , no one! I think that will be hardest on Will. The others have lived with these secrets before. He has not, Just as he got his life setup and in line. Everything looked so promising this dark wrinkle could haunt him. Mark another amazing chapter! Not the warm and fuzz type to be sure, but one which gives you pause to think. Who is the person in the mirror? And can I still look him in the face? That is what these five must live with forever.
I think what will be interesting is how they all handle it, as you've noted. Brad and JP will have no problems, as disposing of those who transgress against their family is a no brainer for them. But Stef and Robbie may have some twinges of guilt, and Will definitely has his own opinions on things. ;-)
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 02/12/2013 11:12 PM, centexhairysub said:
Oh my freaking god... I just did not see this at all... No wonder both Will and JP reacted the way they did when they saw her. They had both seen a picture of his family they night they found the pictures of JJ. I wonder if it was an accident?

Wade is going to make a great submissive and I bet Matt makes a great Dominate.

That had to freak them out pretty badly.

 

I think that Wade and Matt have to learn how to do it first. They're two neophytes exploring a new land.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/13/2013 12:01 AM, Mari said:
Will certainly was acting .... odd. I wonder how he's going to react now that the reality sets in. I think Wade needs the submissiveness in the bedroom. Maybe not whips and chains or even light BDSM but he needs to be controlled and told what to do. Although I hope you write about the experiment with being tied down.

 

 

That was definitely a twist I never saw coming. I hope little Davy's shyness is not the result of abuse. The good doctor didn't seem terribly upset about his son in law's death. I wonder why? I would assume that he'd see signs of abuse if it was happening to his grandkids but I'm sure he would have done something about that. Or did he? :evil:

Or did he? :-)

 

With Wade, I think he's not all that into verbal dominance, he's into physical dominance. He wants a guy to wrestle him to the ground and assert his dominance. But he definitely doesn't want to be demeaned.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/13/2013 12:49 AM, Hermetically Sealed said:
Well . . . . that would explain why JP and Will responded as they did. It'll be interesting to see how they all handle further interactions. As for Wade's subserviance needs, I'm actually shocked that Matt hadn't figured out long ago that he enjoyed being dominated, sexually, unless he held back due to worrying about Wade's daddy issues.
You raise an excellent point. I'll bet Matt didn't push that envelope too far because he knows what Wade went through with his abuse. In this case, I'll bet that's been a restraint on anything more assertive he might have done. Until now.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/13/2013 02:10 AM, Terry P said:
Talk about a small world. Now there are so many questions.

Did JP or Steph arrange this accident? Or did it just simply happen? (I know that's only 2 questions)

Either way, now that they have met the wife and kids of JJ's coach they are going to really feel guilty.

I do hope that it was an accident because knowing the family really changes the way I feel about it. Not that nothing should have been done, and this is perhaps better than revealing what a despicable person the coach was. His family will suffer, but it is better this way.

It's a lot easier to eradicate people when you don't have to look them in they eye. (Think: drones)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/13/2013 05:32 AM, KodeOwl said:
Mark,

Since (oddly) I have not reviewed a chapter since chapter 86 I'll randomly review them in this chapter's review.

Matt & Wade:

  • I was kind of surprised that Matt had issues with Wade sleeping with Brad. Granted we got a sneak peek in chapter 87 that he was starting to be pissed. I remember stating that I didn't think Matt would have a problem, but I can see why he would now. If your partner seemed to be going back to the same person that would start the worrying process to me. The main issue (that I agree with Matt on) is Wade thinking about Brad when he is with Matt. That is a hit to Matt sexual ego.

JJ:

  • I was shocked that JJ was being molested by his coach. I was even pissed off at myself for the way his behavior affected my view of him. This totally explains it. I approved (and agreed) of the fact that the coach was killed. However I cannot exclude that issue that Michael was not held accountable for his involvement. I am glad that Robbie came to his senses and repaired his relationships. It was kind of shocking that the grandfather-in-law is the therapist of both Robbie and Wade. I guess that means Robbie cannot let anything slip in his session. I was glad that they agreed to let Will in on decisions on how to handle the situation, bit I wonder why he ran. I guess it could relate to the fact that he cannot hide much from Wade (let alone lie to him). Either that or he was not fully informed on this decision or felt bad about the two sons.

Christmas:

  • I also liked that Will spent time with JJ and his Mom. It seemed to make his Mom's Christmas better (even if she may not remember it). Stef's present was perfect. He included the entire family in the Coat of Arms and showed appreciations to family friends. I remember when I first saw my family's Coat of Arms. I was very moved. My coat of arms has:
    • A silver shield with a silver Dolphin (meaning diligence, salvation, charity, and love) between two gold Martlets (one who subsists by virtue and merit, not inheritance) on a red bend, between two red Lions' head (dauntless courage, bravery, strength, ferocity, and valor) erased, a knights helm with a green Laurel (peace) above it. It has the colors of Silver (sincerity), Red (warrior, martyr, and strength), Green (hope and loyalty in love) and Gold (generosity). Its motto is “Pro rege et patria” (for King and country).

Overall another great chapter,

Kody

I know. WTF? Where have you been? :-)

 

Matt & Wade: I think that once Wade realized how hard this had hit Matt's ego, that's when he really lost it. I'm sure that's not what he intended, but it was really inevitable.

 

JJ: Will ran because he was overwhelmed, and he needed to find a place to just be by himself and work things through. Or at least start to. As for the therapist, well, Robbie already made that pledge (with Will) when they voted to off the guy.

 

Christmas: Awesome coat of arms!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

When both Will and JP looked stunned at the beginning of the chapter I was trying to figure out who spooked them. Especially since Will beat a hasty retreat. They both had to know what and when the coach was meeting his doom and seeing his family probably made it harder for Will to grasp. Will has a potential demon he will have to work through.

It sounds like Matt and Wade have worked out their difference. At least David was able to come up with a hypothesis as to why Brad had that effect on Wade. Let's see if they get as kinky as Brad and Robbie. Will they get their own toy room or dungeon?

I think is was noble of Stef to offer his jet since he knew what was going on.

I'm betting there is more drama to come.

Great Chapter Mark!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/13/2013 02:20 PM, Edward said:
When both Will and JP looked stunned at the beginning of the chapter I was trying to figure out who spooked them. Especially since Will beat a hasty retreat. They both had to know what and when the coach was meeting his doom and seeing his family probably made it harder for Will to grasp. Will has a potential demon he will have to work through.

It sounds like Matt and Wade have worked out their difference. At least David was able to come up with a hypothesis as to why Brad had that effect on Wade. Let's see if they get as kinky as Brad and Robbie. Will they get their own toy room or dungeon?

I think is was noble of Stef to offer his jet since he knew what was going on.

I'm betting there is more drama to come.

Great Chapter Mark!!

Glad you liked the chapter! I think that Wade and Matt need, at the very least, a bed with bondage restraints.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, well, well...another very interesting chapter. It's good to see Wade and Matt back on track. It's going to be interesting to see if the coach's death was truly a coincidence or if it was orchestrated by "The Family"...hopefully, this will be a turning point for JJ.

What a tangled web has been woven...Robbie's psychiatrist's son-in-law is JJ's skating coach...talk about circles within circles...whatever will happen when the threads start unraveling???

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/14/2013 06:18 AM, Gene63 said:
Well, well, well...another very interesting chapter. It's good to see Wade and Matt back on track. It's going to be interesting to see if the coach's death was truly a coincidence or if it was orchestrated by "The Family"...hopefully, this will be a turning point for JJ.

What a tangled web has been woven...Robbie's psychiatrist's son-in-law is JJ's skating coach...talk about circles within circles...whatever will happen when the threads start unraveling???

What a tangled web indeed! That is the big question now: was the accident an accident? And if it wasn't, who planned it? Will I tell you? Do I even know at this point? Wait, that's more than one question. :-)
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Mark again a very good chapter. Will must have been shocked seeing the boys.. he knew from a picture. The sons of a guy they wanted to kill. Will is in a lot of ways old enough to handle things for himself but this ... The way you wrote Will behaving when he saw those boys was I think was very accurate and very much to the point. Boys this age can be brave and look and can act older but when confronted with things about life and death.

Will realised a few days ago that some boys were gona loose their father and he pointed that out... to the others when having "that" talk. But I guess he then never thought he would know theese boys so close ! So yes he is also young and he can act as an older boy ... and he looks like an older kid... but emotional he still is that 15 year old kid. So seeing these boys... I think you wrote perfectly how a boy his age could or would react.

 

But I also guess your next chapter is also about this. About Will seeing this happening.

Ahh... for the benefits of the main heroes in these stories... I do hope it was an accident and not a killing... :thumbup:

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well that was an interesting twist.

 

I still don't feel bad for Matt. He has no right to act as he did to Wade. He is entitled to his feelings, but not to let the resentment bleed over.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/14/2013 10:19 AM, Northern Dutch Guy said:
Mark again a very good chapter. Will must have been shocked seeing the boys.. he knew from a picture. The sons of a guy they wanted to kill. Will is in a lot of ways old enough to handle things for himself but this ... The way you wrote Will behaving when he saw those boys was I think was very accurate and very much to the point. Boys this age can be brave and look and can act older but when confronted with things about life and death.

Will realised a few days ago that some boys were gona loose their father and he pointed that out... to the others when having "that" talk. But I guess he then never thought he would know theese boys so close ! So yes he is also young and he can act as an older boy ... and he looks like an older kid... but emotional he still is that 15 year old kid. So seeing these boys... I think you wrote perfectly how a boy his age could or would react.

 

But I also guess your next chapter is also about this. About Will seeing this happening.

Ahh... for the benefits of the main heroes in these stories... I do hope it was an accident and not a killing... :thumbup:

Thanks Andy. Good guess on the next chapter. For someone like Will, who sees things in a much starker right and wrong than his father, this has to be tough to deal with.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/14/2013 11:43 AM, PrivateTim said:
Well that was an interesting twist.

 

I still don't feel bad for Matt. He has no right to act as he did to Wade. He is entitled to his feelings, but not to let the resentment bleed over.

I try to be interesting. I'm glad it worked! Thanks.

 

I really see Matt's point of view on this one. The guy has taken a pretty big ego hit with this whole thing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The most interesting point here being David’s reaction-his not being as upset as Wade thought he would have been. One can’t help but wonder if he was suspicious of his son-in-law’s behavior. There might be a telling conversation between David and Robbie in the near future, should the investigation into the “accident” raise some interesting questions. If there is anyone who might figure it out, but also be sympathetic to the solution to the problem (assuming that the accident really was an “accident”), I think it would probably be David. He certainly would know what a trial would do the family of the perpetrator.

 

One thing that will be interesting to see is whether or not Will continues to think that his initial idea, that everyone who knew anything had to know everything is a good one, as time goes on. Amongst other things, he has only added to the burden of things he can’t talk to JJ about, or, for that matter, Wade. Secrets almost always seem like things of value when you learn them, but, it is seldom that we realize what a burden they can be when we go seeking things that we might be better off not knowing.

 

As a quick final note, nice job on the prescription David had for Wade and Matt. Therapists must always balance what they think is best for their patients with what they think their patients can actually do. Fortunately for David I foresee Mat having no problems with: “You need to take control in the bedroom, and inject a heaping helping of kink into you sex lives.”

 

Another Great Chapter.

As Always, All the Best,

S.R.

Link to comment
On 02/14/2013 10:22 PM, said:
The most interesting point here being David’s reaction-his not being as upset as Wade thought he would have been. One can’t help but wonder if he was suspicious of his son-in-law’s behavior. There might be a telling conversation between David and Robbie in the near future, should the investigation into the “accident” raise some interesting questions. If there is anyone who might figure it out, but also be sympathetic to the solution to the problem (assuming that the accident really was an “accident”), I think it would probably be David. He certainly would know what a trial would do the family of the perpetrator.

 

One thing that will be interesting to see is whether or not Will continues to think that his initial idea, that everyone who knew anything had to know everything is a good one, as time goes on. Amongst other things, he has only added to the burden of things he can’t talk to JJ about, or, for that matter, Wade. Secrets almost always seem like things of value when you learn them, but, it is seldom that we realize what a burden they can be when we go seeking things that we might be better off not knowing.

 

As a quick final note, nice job on the prescription David had for Wade and Matt. Therapists must always balance what they think is best for their patients with what they think their patients can actually do. Fortunately for David I foresee Mat having no problems with: “You need to take control in the bedroom, and inject a heaping helping of kink into you sex lives.”

 

Another Great Chapter.

As Always, All the Best,

S.R.

You make great points, but then again, you usually do. I don't think that David and Robbie will talk about this unless Robbie finds out they didn't do it. Otherwise, I think he'd leave it alone, unless he's talking about it in the context of working things out with JJ.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Honestly, this twist sounds more like a true accident, the universe doling out karma per se, than some nefarious set up. Interesting twist having the coach related to the family via the Shrink.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..