Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 3,672 Words
  • 9,032 Views
  • 31 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poor Man's Son - 47. Chapter 46

September 14, 2000

Claremont, OH

Gathan

“Dude, thanks for picking me up,” I said to Brent as I gave him a hug. I tossed my bag in the back of what used to be my truck and went to hop into the front seat. There was another surprise waiting for me there: Zach.

“Welcome back to Ohio,” he said affably.

“It’s good to be back,” I said, trying to sound glad to see him, but wondering how many others knew about my surprise visit. I shut the door, put on my seat belt, and sat back while Brent navigated out of the Columbus airport.

“We figured that we’d take you to JP’s house so you can change, then we’d go to the party.” Zach was being really friendly, which was making me even more nervous.

“Party?” I didn’t know about any party. “I’m more interested in tracking Kristin down.”

“She’ll be there,” Zach said firmly. “It’s at Colston’s house. Everyone will be there.” I relaxed a little bit now, since that explained Zach’s presence here. Zach was friends with a lot of the same people that Kristin was friends with, courtesy of his status as a football star. Zach would know where the party was, while Brent would have no clue.

“I’m going to drop you two off, and then go find Monica,” Brent said with a leer, talking about his girlfriend. She was a blonde with big boobs, and about as smart as he was.

“That’s fine,” I said. That meant I’d be stuck with Zach, but presumably he’d meet up with some friends there and I’d be rid of him. “Stef’s got a car there that I can use.”

“Cool,” Brent said simply. The drive was pretty uncomfortable, what with Zach in the middle. His leg kept rubbing against mine, and as annoying as I found him personally, there was no denying he was one hot guy, with one amazing ass.

“How are Ma and Pa?” I asked, mostly to distract myself from thinking about fucking Zach’s brains out. I was wondering how they’d adapted to my absence.

“Pretty much the same,” Zach said. “Robbie’s been sending them more money, and they’re loosening up a little bit. Maybe I’ll actually get a car when I turn 16.”

“That would be nice. Then I wouldn’t have to haul your sorry ass around,” Brent said.

“That would be nice, if you did that,” Zach said, giving him a dirty look. “You don’t drive me anywhere.”

“I took you to Danny’s last night, asshole,” Brent said, and the conversation degenerated from there, as they bickered over how often Brent had been Zach’s chauffer. I was relieved to finally get to JP’s house and send Brent on his way. I punched the code into the alarm and unlocked the door, leading Zach into the house.

“Damn, this is way nicer than it used to be,” he said as he looked around. There was still construction gear lying around, but the place was almost done, and it was one nice pad.

“Yep. I’ll be down in about 20 minutes.” I tossed him the remote control to the monster television and went up to ‘my’ room. I thought about how in just a few hours I’d be back here with Kristin, and that fueled my libido. I took a quick shower and jacked off, just to take the edge off, then flew down the stairs to find Zach anxiously waiting for me.

“Dude, let’s get going. I don’t want to miss the whole fucking party,” he groused.

I looked at my watch. “I said I’d be 20 minutes, I took 30. It’s not the end of the world.” He rolled his eyes and followed me to the garage, where there was a new Mercedes S-500 waiting patiently for someone to drive it.

“Nice car,” Zach said, running his hand across the perfect leather seats.

“Yep,” I said, discouraging conversation. We sat back and then Zach changed the subject, talking about all the people I knew, and what they’d been doing, or more importantly, who they’d been doing. The Colstons lived up in the hills, in a pretty normal house. Blake was the one throwing the party; he was a year older than Zach, and played football with him.

I got there and people were pretty nice to me. Most of these kids weren’t in my circle, but we’d been civil, primarily since they’d been scared shitless of my temper. But tonight they were friendly enough, asking me about Stanford and life in California. A lot of that was probably due to the fact that we were late, the party had been going on for a while, and everyone was pretty fucked up. I politely blew them off as I surged through the crowds, desperately searching for Kristin. We’d talked last night on the phone, and that had just made me miss her more.

I searched the entire ground floor of the house and was starting to get pretty upset. Zach had stuck with me, which surprised me, but it was a good thing, because at least it gave me someone to talk to. “Where the fuck is she?” I demanded of him. He got a worried expression on his face, then his eyes looked to the stairs. I stared at him incomprehensively at first, and then felt the rage building up in me. Was Kristin upstairs with some guy? Shit, she’d barely been back in Ohio any time at all. I saw Taylor starting to climb the stairs, looking back at me nervously, and that told me all I needed to know. I followed her, staying back enough to let her lead the way.

She walked down the hallway to a door and knocked quietly. Before she knew it, I was behind her, pushing her gently but firmly out of the way. I turned the knob slowly, surprised that it was unlocked, then pushed the door wide open, letting the light pour into the dimly lit room. There were two people on the bed, one male, and one female. The girl was blowing the guy. The guy was Randy Halliday, one of the football players. He was actually a pretty nice guy, if a little stupid. The girl was Kristin.

“This ain’t no peep show,” Randy growled. “Get the fuck out.”

I stood there, enraged, glaring at the scene before me. So many emotions were flying through my body; I couldn’t really control them, or deal with them. I felt Zach close to me, ready to restrain me, which was a pretty smart move on his part, only this was bigger than that. This was bigger than any of the other shit I’d gotten pissed about, worse than anything that had happened to me since I’d dealt with my father. It was like circuit breakers went off, and instead of flying into a rage, I just shut down. Kristin had buried her face in Randy’s abdomen, hiding it from whoever had walked in the room, and she chose that moment to turn around and look at me. I found myself looking at Kristin, into those blue eyes, only her face was on his abdomen, which meant that his big dick was blocking part of her face. I wanted to puke.

Her eyes registered alarm, sadness, and guilt, while I wasn’t registering anything. “What about get the fuck out don’t you understand?” Randy demanded, pissed that his dick wasn’t being sucked.

“Gladly,” I said calmly. “Nice seeing you, Kristin,” I snapped, rudely. I turned on my heel, pushed past Zach and Taylor, and stomped down the stairs and out of the house. It wasn’t until I was almost to the car that I thought about Zach. I was kind of surprised to find him right behind me. “Dude, I’m out of here.”

“I’ll go with you,” he said. “Are you OK?”

“I’ll be fine,” I lied. “I can drop you off on my way home.”

He looked at me suspiciously. He was the biggest asshole of all of my “brothers”, but he was also the smartest. “I’ll just stay over at JP’s,” he said like it was no big deal. “If that’s OK with you.”

“Whatever,” I said as I started the car. I drove down the hill carefully, probably shocking the shit out of him, but none of this stuff was really registering. I felt my phone vibrate and ignored it, focusing on the road. I knew it would be Kristin and I sure as fuck didn’t want to talk to her. Neither one of us said anything the rest of the way, but it was a comfortable silence, matching my mood perfectly. If I didn’t talk, didn’t think about it, I wouldn’t have to deal with the pain.

We got out of the car and started walking into the house, and suddenly my circuits started to overload. I felt panicked and anxious, and picked up my pace. Zach was right there with me. I stormed into the kitchen, picked up a glass, and threw it at the tiled wall, relishing the sound of it shattering and of the shards of glass flying across the counter. “Fuck!”

“Dude, that was raw,” Zach said.

“How could she fucking do that to me?” I demanded. “It’s not like we’ve even been apart that long. All that bullshit she fed me about how she loved me. What the fuck was that?”

“Can’t tell you,” he said. “I mean, she’s been going out with people, but in a group. I didn’t know she was messing around with other guys.”

“I feel like a total tool. I’ve been so fucking loyal, and here she is, turning into the town whore.”

“I don’t know if blowing one guy makes her the town whore,” he said logically, and then withered a bit under the angry glare I threw at him.

“This is total bullshit. Total bullshit. I am so fucking through with her, the fucking cunt,” I spat.

“I don’t blame you,” he said. “Want me to make her life a living hell?” He asked this last question with an evil look.

I grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels and poured us both a shot and we downed it, and then did another, and another. After that, we went out onto the patio and smoked a joint. The entire time we were drinking and smoking, we were talking about horrible and awful things to do to Kristin, none of which I’d actually do, but it was really satisfying to fantasize about it. I was actually laughing and joking about it, and I was actually in a good mood. Finally the day’s events caught up with me, and I yawned.

“You ready to pass out?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I got up and staggered a bit, making him laugh, and headed toward the stairs. He put an arm around me and helped me up, and led me to my bedroom. His body was warm, and it felt so good to have contact with another human being, to feel his arm wrapped around me in an almost affectionate way. We got to the door and I looked at him, staring straight into his eyes. “You can sleep with me if you want to. No one else does.”

He snaughed. “Lots of people want to sleep with you. And you’re a single guy now.” He didn’t really answer my question directly; he just followed me into the room and shut the door. I heard the lock click. I stripped off my clothes as I walked to the bed and collapsed onto it face forward, then rolled over and lay on my back, my arms behind my head. My dick wasn’t hard, but it was starting to swell.

Zach had never been into foreplay. For him, it was all about getting fucked hard and fast and getting off. That’s why I was kind of surprised to see him take a little more time to take his clothes off, and a little more surprised when he climbed into bed and draped his body over mine. His hand brushed across my chest and gently caressed my abdomen, his eyes staring at my body as he did. My dick was as hard as a fucking diamond now. He leaned in to kiss me, something he usually hated and usually avoided, but this time he initiated it, and he was good at it. He was into it.

We made out as he rolled on top of me. I felt his ass cheeks wrap around my cock as he slid up and down on me, letting the head of my cock graze his hole. He moaned involuntarily and tried to line me up to enter him, but even drunk, stoned, and in excruciating emotional pain, I was smarter than that. I reached for the drawer and grabbed a condom and some lube, then applied both of them. I figured that would piss him off, but he just smiled and kissed me some more while I did it. Then, fully protected, I let him absorb my cock into his ass.

“Aah,” he moaned in ecstasy as he began to ride me. “God, I missed you.”

“Oh yeah? You like that big dick in your ass?” I asked him in my slutty voice. He was giving me everything I wanted: love, affection, attention, all of that. It was only fair that I give him what he really wanted.

“Yeah,” he said breathlessly.

“Good, because now I’m really gonna fuck you,” I said with a snarl. I tossed him off of me and onto his back, and then I was on top of him. I pushed his legs back and rammed my dick back into him, making him cringe in pain or joy, I’m not sure which.

“Oh God yes! Fuck yeah!” he yelled, which kind of freaked me out until I remembered we were all alone in this big fucking house. “Fuck me, dammit!”

“Take it, bitch,” I yelled, as I slammed into him over and over again, releasing my anger and my horniness at the same time. I was pounding away at him, almost detached from my body, when I felt his body tense up. I looked down just in time to see him start blasting stream after stream of cum out of his cock. It was so awesome how I could make him blow without touching his dick, but as soon as he started, he reached down to grab his cock and nurse the rest of his load out.

In the past I’d have fucked him until I came, enjoying the fact that he’d blown and it was uncomfortable for him, but I didn’t want to do that this time. He’d been so awesome tonight, when I needed him the most. I pulled out slowly and gently, then ripped the condom off and started stroking my cock. It didn’t take long before I blasted my load all over him, mixing my cum with his on his chest and abdomen. I thought that would really freak him out, but it didn’t. He just lay there, smiling up at me. “Shower?” he asked.

“Good idea,” I replied. I followed him into the bathroom, admiring his sculpted body and his firm ass cheeks. Damn he was a lot of fun. We took a shower together, nothing intimate, just two guys washing off, almost like we were in the locker room. I was fine with that. When we got back to the bed, I turned away from him, giving him his space.

That’s when he really shocked the shit out of me. He spooned up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his mouth into my neck. I sighed and leaned back into him. “Is this OK?”

“Yeah, it’s very OK. It’s nice,” I said. “You never liked to do this before.”

“I’ve changed since you left.”

“My leaving changed you?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah. I was such a dick to you because I was pissed at you for leaving,” he said. I turned around and looked at him, trying to read his eyes, trying to decide if he was sincere. That’s the problem with Zach: it’s hard to read him.

“It didn’t seem like you were sad to see me leave.”

“Dude, it was like you were abandoning me,” he said, hitting me in one of the most sensitive places he could. I couldn’t tell if it was intentional or not, but it conjured up images of my father being hauled off to jail and my mother dumping Ella and me off at Wally and Clara’s, and not even looking back as she left.

“I’m sorry,” I said sincerely.

“I really miss you, for what it’s worth,” he said.

“It’s worth a lot, especially right now,” I told him, and then I fucked him again.

 

September 15, 2000

Claremont, OH

Gathan

I’d gotten up early enough to take Zach home to change, which turned out to be a good thing. It gave me a chance to say ‘hi’ to Ma and Pa, but it also meant I had to come up with some lame-ass excuses as to why I wasn’t going to stick around. I was able to escape from that conversation by driving Zach to school. He’d already accumulated a few tardies, and didn’t need another one. I drove him to the front of the school and stopped to drop him off. I didn’t kiss him goodbye, but I wanted to. We’d fucked all night long, and a couple of times in the morning. It was like a purge for me, or a balm, keeping the pain of last night from breaking through.

“You going back to Cali?” he asked as he grabbed his backpack.

“Yeah,” I said. I was going to say ‘nothing here for me now’ but that seemed like an insult to him. “You want to come out and visit?”

“That’s expensive.”

“Dude, looks like I have extra money in my travel budget,” I joked, even though it wasn’t funny. “When we’re having a big party or something, I’ll buy you a ticket.”

“Kick ass,” he said as he winked at me, then he hopped out of the car and sauntered into the school. He carried himself with a confidence that I knew he didn’t really have, but it worked. He was a football star, and the hottest guy in the whole school. When he walked into a crowd, the students, and their legs, parted for him.

I drove back to JP’s house and cleaned up the broken glass, then called for a cab. I was packing up my things and waiting for my ride when the doorbell rang. I wasn’t all that surprised to find Kristin standing there. “What the fuck do you want?” I asked rudely.

“We need to talk,” she said softly. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying.

“Well that’s possible now that you have the dick out of your mouth,” I said rudely. She ignored that.

“I can’t do this,” she said. “I can’t be in a long distance relationship.”

“I figured that out.” I was in no mood to be nice to her.

“Gathan, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I blew Randy, and I’m sorry that I hurt you. I didn’t mean to do that. Hurting you is the last thing I want to do.”

“Well, you did.”

“It just sort of happened,” she said, almost whined, the lamest of excuses. “One minute we’re talking, the next minute he’s kissing me. It felt so good to be with someone, to not be lonely.”

“And how inconvenient that I show up and blow the mood, otherwise you’d have gotten to fuck him.”

“No, that wouldn’t have happened. That’s why I blew him. It got really hot and heavy, and I didn’t want to be a tease. It seemed like the best way out of a bad situation.”

It really bothered me that she was making sense. “Kristin, why are you here? I mean, I loved you, I trusted you, and you’re hardly back here any time at all and you’re doing other guys. That’s just so wrong.”

“I know it’s wrong. Can’t you forgive me? Do I mean so little to you that you’re just going to toss me aside for one fuck-up?”

“It was just one fuck-up for you, but for me, it was a death blow,” I said dramatically. “If I’m with you, I’ll spend all my time wondering who you’re doing. And you’ll tell me you’re not, and you may be telling the truth, or you may be lying. I can’t deal with that shit from 3000 miles away.”

I was doing so well, being so firm and resolved, and then she started crying. I just stared at her coldly, but I couldn’t really maintain that posture. I ended up putting my arm around her, and then I was hugging her, and then the next thing I knew, we’re upstairs in my room and we’re making love. It was wonderful, it always was, but the magic, the connection; it was missing, or at least damaged. I felt it, and she felt it. When we were done, we both knew it was a goodbye fuck. I lay there in agony, the thought of what I’d lost ripping at my core, until the ringing doorbell forced me to surface from the hell I was trying to drown in. I threw my clothes back on and tore down the stairs, begged the cab driver to give me 10 more minutes, then went back upstairs to find Kristin dressed, but sad.

“So are we over?” she asked.

I ran my hand across her face gently and kissed her again. “We’re not a couple, but I don’t think we’ll ever be over.” She nodded and I led her down the stairs. We had one final kiss, then she went to her car, and I hopped in the cab, both of us going our separate ways.

Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 2
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Wow - a couple of big surprises for the surprise final chapter. I sure hope Zach's new persona is a true one

 

Thanks Mark - Hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Interesting chapter but I didn't really find it an ending as such. It seems to be everyone's life is just hanging. I imagine you plan to continue with these characters in another bood, which will hopefully continue on soon.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Sad to see Gathan and Kristin end that way, but I think it was kinda inevitable. Still Gathan did keep his temper controlled, even if it was just more from the shock. Not sure what i think about Zach; is he really just insecure, or just a bastard thinking ahead? Something makes me think he knew what Kristin was doing.

At any rate, can't wait for the next book. ^^

  • Like 4
Link to comment

After all the guests were gone I came upstairs to find this new and final chapter. Honestly, I did not see it coming. I wonder about the reformed Zach. I find it sad that Gathan is left alone. I thought Kristin was his soul mate. It seems like a unhappy ending which Mark is not known for. I hope happiness is awaiting Gathan in Cali.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 08:15 AM, KevinD said:
Wow - a couple of big surprises for the surprise final chapter. I sure hope Zach's new persona is a true one

 

Thanks Mark - Hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I did have a wonderful TG. I hope yours was good as well.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 09:08 AM, Torontotop said:
Interesting chapter but I didn't really find it an ending as such. It seems to be everyone's life is just hanging. I imagine you plan to continue with these characters in another bood, which will hopefully continue on soon.
Well, this was a transitional story, and it was designed to introduce us to some new characters, and to close out some old storylines.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 09:14 AM, Hermetically Sealed said:
Sad to see Gathan and Kristin end that way, but I think it was kinda inevitable. Still Gathan did keep his temper controlled, even if it was just more from the shock. Not sure what i think about Zach; is he really just insecure, or just a bastard thinking ahead? Something makes me think he knew what Kristin was doing.

At any rate, can't wait for the next book. ^^

Is Zach good or evil? ;-)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 09:24 AM, rjo said:
After all the guests were gone I came upstairs to find this new and final chapter. Honestly, I did not see it coming. I wonder about the reformed Zach. I find it sad that Gathan is left alone. I thought Kristin was his soul mate. It seems like a unhappy ending which Mark is not known for. I hope happiness is awaiting Gathan in Cali.
I doubt that Gathan will be "alone" for long. Don't worry about him.
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Mark, knowing your writing through the many stories - I know you will be connecting the dots and Gathan, who by the way has been steered back to his true self and will perhaps be happier and more secure in himself. I will indeed miss young Will -my favorite of all the many characters and personalities you have developed. Do not let him fall by the wayside. In my book you still are the ultimate teller of stories

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 03:46 PM, Napaguy said:
Mark, knowing your writing through the many stories - I know you will be connecting the dots and Gathan, who by the way has been steered back to his true self and will perhaps be happier and more secure in himself. I will indeed miss young Will -my favorite of all the many characters and personalities you have developed. Do not let him fall by the wayside. In my book you still are the ultimate teller of stories
Thanks Len. Will should make a few appearances, at least, in our next story.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

A nice, calm (relatively) ending to one of your stories....hmmm....makes me think your next one is really going to be active. You have a name for it, or are you going to make a poll?

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I'm not overly sad about what happened to Gathan and Kristen. Better sooner than later. Personally I never really liked Kristen.

I think Gathan is basically gay - but he fell in love with Kristen and that made that relationship seem to work - at least for him.

Knowing Gathan, and as shown what happened between him and Zack, I think he'll bounce back from it pretty soon and move on with his life.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Great chapter Mark! I was hoping to read more about Will and Tony before the story ended, but hopefully they will appear in future stories.

Gathan really deserved more than Kristin and I think that deep down he likes guys--maybe he will be able to help Tony out of the closet when he gets back to Cali, just so long as Will doesn't get hurt (as least too bad!).

Glad to hear that your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

Six

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 06:17 PM, KJames said:
A nice, calm (relatively) ending to one of your stories....hmmm....makes me think your next one is really going to be active. You have a name for it, or are you going to make a poll?
I have a name for it. And the first chapter is already done. ;-)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/26/2011 01:12 AM, Terry P said:
I'm not overly sad about what happened to Gathan and Kristen. Better sooner than later. Personally I never really liked Kristen.

I think Gathan is basically gay - but he fell in love with Kristen and that made that relationship seem to work - at least for him.

Knowing Gathan, and as shown what happened between him and Zack, I think he'll bounce back from it pretty soon and move on with his life.

It's really hard to have long distance relationships in the early years of college. It would have been unrealistic for it to work.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/26/2011 01:32 AM, Six.Gauge said:
Great chapter Mark! I was hoping to read more about Will and Tony before the story ended, but hopefully they will appear in future stories.

Gathan really deserved more than Kristin and I think that deep down he likes guys--maybe he will be able to help Tony out of the closet when he gets back to Cali, just so long as Will doesn't get hurt (as least too bad!).

Glad to hear that your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

Six

Thanks! We'll see more of Will in the next story, and possibly of Tony.

I really do think that Gathan is gender neutral. He craves love more than anything else.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Very, very sad that this is the final chapter of PMS, not that I care a lot about Gathan, he is okay, but I did love the world through Will's eyes, but I also realize you couldn't go through Will's 9th grade year, week by week, but I was looking forward to seven or eight more chapters and seeing some of the characters at HW developed.

 

I do like how Gathan and Kristen "ended" because at this point it really will be the healthiest thing for the both of them.

 

I do get a sense that we haven't seen the last of the Zach character and hope we haven't seen the last of the Alistair character. I'd love to see him reading Keats on the beach while Will surfs :)

 

Thanks Mark, not just for PMS, but for all the books in CAP.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well I guess there is at least one very happy guy----Kristin's dad.

 

Zach did some serious damage to his bad boy image.

 

Gathan had a good-bye tryst with Kristin, but the story made no mention that he remembered to use protection.....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/26/2011 11:43 AM, PrivateTim said:
Very, very sad that this is the final chapter of PMS, not that I care a lot about Gathan, he is okay, but I did love the world through Will's eyes, but I also realize you couldn't go through Will's 9th grade year, week by week, but I was looking forward to seven or eight more chapters and seeing some of the characters at HW developed.

 

I do like how Gathan and Kristen "ended" because at this point it really will be the healthiest thing for the both of them.

 

I do get a sense that we haven't seen the last of the Zach character and hope we haven't seen the last of the Alistair character. I'd love to see him reading Keats on the beach while Will surfs :)

 

Thanks Mark, not just for PMS, but for all the books in CAP.

Thanks Tim. My plan for the next story is to incorporate Will in so we can see him doing some of the cool H-W stuff, like the trip to Arizona.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/26/2011 12:42 PM, Daddydavek said:
Well I guess there is at least one very happy guy----Kristin's dad.

 

Zach did some serious damage to his bad boy image.

 

Gathan had a good-bye tryst with Kristin, but the story made no mention that he remembered to use protection.....

One would think Mr. Hendrickson would be ecstatic.

 

You're assuming Zach is sincere, and that it isn't just an act.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Mark,

Even though I have read the story before I am surprised I had not reviewed this before hand. So here is what I thought:

  • Will
    • I know you knew this, but I love that little dude. I had the same issues as him in school. I have been told I am an old soul (i.e. mature, wise, etc.) for my age. I had a hard issue with dating. I sought commitment while others did not want that as I did. I did not learn to separate lust from love till I was in college.
    • I still like the WillxTony, but after rereading this story I understand why that may not happen. Tony was pretty wounded from his relation with Sam. I have been there, but I accepted my sexuality after my freshman year. I'm more of a soul person to love like Gathan. I fall for the person not there parts. I hope Tony accepts this as well, but I have studied the Italian culture and that is a hard boundary to cross.
    • I loved the fact that Will is a Virgo. I was born Sep. 19th.

    [*]Gathan

    • I do love Gathan, but that may be why I had a hard time with the story. His anger issues tied with Kristin were hard to deal with. For some reason I do not like Kristin. I cannot describe it; it is a gut feeling.
    • I kind of with him to get with Cole, but I do not see that as a relationship other than friends with benefits.

Overall a great story as always,

Kody

P.s. I believe Zach is evil, but there may be a sliver of hope for him.

Link to comment

I really tought brad was my fav character is this books but after Reading will POV i just love him he is similar to is dad but a great kid even tought he only as 14 because he acts more mature than some others people in the stoy. I hope zach is not planning anything and becomes a good guy.

I feel pretty awful for Gathan and Kristin it was a nasty thing she did i'm glad she got exposed, but still why would she after all the trouble she got getting gathan and her together, ruin everything for a fuck? hm...

I think JJ needs a wake up cal to stop bein a bitch, is not a girl, and matt...seems to realy have change based on the way he was being in the hockey ring to gathan don't really know what's his is problema but i feel wade needs a knew great person that treats him with respect and doesnt fuck everything with a dick :D

Maybe Gathan and Wade could devolop something?! :) Can't wait for his POV in the next book!

 

Lovely read as alyways and great job on the story it never gets boring.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Not completely sure this deserved to be a stand alone story, seems like a placeholder. Lots of small things but too many damn threads open at the end. Maybe I'm being an ass and expected another Millenium. Just feels like Chinese food. I just read but I know that in a couple of hours I'll want to read a lot again ......

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'd forgotten how abruptly this story ends. When I first read Poor Man's Son, I was sure that Zach and friends set Kristin up and while I still kind of do, I no longer feel it was as nefarious as I felt before. If Kristin didn't make out with Randy, she wouldn't have had to worry about being considered a tease (not that that is ever a reason to be forced into doing something). I think that in his own selfish way, Zach cares for Gathan and did miss him. Of all the brother/cousins Gathan is the only other one that "has it going on" in terms of sophistication. Zach probably feels stifled with Wally and Clara's small town mindset.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..