Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 5,826 Words
  • 6,466 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Land Whore - 15. Chapter 15

May 29, 1973

I got to the office and found myself happy to see Phillipe. Two days and I was already relying on him. Was that wise? I found myself descending into paranoia. I got all the HR information on Roger and Bobby and put it in my briefcase.

“Phillipe, I forgot a few things at home. Why not ride along with me and we can work on my schedule. I've got some travel plans that will take me out of town.”

“That sounds fun. A field trip.” His grin was infectious. “You had one urgent phone call this morning. Roger wanted you to call him right away.” I nodded and picked up the phone, girding myself for this. I'd been acting for years, I told myself. I'd just think of him as a trick.

The phone only rang once before he answered.

“Hey babe,” I said, making sure my voice was friendly, “I'm sorry I missed you last night.”

“It's OK,” he said, sounding sad. Lying bastard. “I missed you.”

“I will make up for it tonight, OK?”

“I'd like that,” he said. “You want to get together here or in Palo Alto?”

“I will come down and see you,” I said. “I will get there by 7pm at the latest.”

“Can't wait to see you. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I chirped, one of the hardest sentences I'd ever had to utter.

I grabbed my keys and Phillipe and headed to Escorial with my envelope full of data. I heard Phillipe chatter about how nice the house was as we drove up, but I no longer listened to those comments, I merely heard them and automatically responded with some useless pabulum.

I left Phillipe in the Great Hall and took the info to JP. Then I gave Phillipe a brief tour, the end destination of which was my bedroom. “I was hoping we'd have some time alone,” he said. He started taking off his clothes carefully, folding them up as he did, and putting them on the side table. He didn't want anything wrinkled for work. I followed suit, although it was hard not to just stare at him. When he was done he jumped in bed and lay on his side, with one leg crooked and his hard dick pointing right at me.

“You are gorgeous,” I said, joining him in bed. He smiled and then started exploring my body with his hands, his nose, and his mouth. He wasn't being erotic; he was being sensual, as if he wanted to know every piece of me, every crevice. When he started sucking on my dick, I stopped him and returned the favor. Everything about his body was hard as a rock. Except his soft ball sack which had almost no hair on it at all. I don't know if he trimmed the hair or not, but it was really neat. I took each one in my mouth, each of his balls, sucking on them, savoring them.

He pulled me up to his mouth and kissed me. I broke the kiss long enough to lube my ass and his pole, then lowered myself down onto him. He felt so good. I worked him, enjoying his feel for awhile, when he suddenly flipped me over onto my back and lubed my pole and his hole, and took me inside him.

I've fucked my share of guys before, but he was the most amazing, except for JP, possibly. His muscles were so strong and he squeezed them as he pulled off of me, an amazing sensation. I felt myself getting close, but just as I thought I was going to cum, he pulled off of me and grabbed my ankles, pushed them back, and reentered me. He pumped into me, slammed into me with all of his strength, pounding me, and it was pure heaven. I looked into his eyes, powder blue eyes, and felt a connection with him like I'd felt with Peter and Roger, and then I came. I heard myself yelling, moaning, almost screaming, I felt my body spasm, contort, and I felt the splash of my own cum as it landed on my face.

After we were spent he collapsed next to me and nuzzled my neck. “You were wonderful. The most amazing man I've ever been with.” I smiled and felt my ego soar.

“I bet you say that to all the guys,” I teased.

He turned my face to his, locked his eyes on mine. “No I don't. I mean it,” he said so severely, and with such meaning there was no doubting his sincerity. I smiled and led him to the shower. Clean and refreshed, we headed back to the office.

“I need to clear my schedule for this week and next,” I said.

Phillipe pulled out his planner and made notes. “If you can come into the office tomorrow morning, we should be able to handle that. Is there something wrong?”

Keep your mouth shut, I told myself. I suddenly felt that I could trust no one. “I have to go to LA to take care of some minor crises, and then I'm going to Paris with my nephew.”

“The Paris trip sounds like fun,” he said with a smile. “Don't worry. We'll hold down the fort for you while you're gone.” I wanted to trust him. I wanted to have a confidant, a loyal assistant. But I couldn't. Not yet.

My change in plans swamped my schedule, but I worked through it. I had lunch alone with Luke and Cecile. I had to trust them, to take them into my confidence. I couldn't leave the country and leave them with a scheming Roger to deal with.

“You guys know I've been seeing Roger,” I said. They both smiled. I was nervous, but then I chided myself. Both of these young, ambitious people had been nothing but loyal, and they were well-paid and on a fast track to serious wealth. They were on my side. “I've discovered some problems there.” It was reassuring to see their expressions change.

“I went out to see him and overheard him talking to another guy; Bobby is his name, telling him that his big plan was to get me to sign the winery over to him. Then they had sex. It seems like he's trying to play me.”

“God Stef, that's horrible. Are you OK?” Cecile asked.

“What can we do to help? I want to kill that sonuvabitch myself,” Luke chimed in.

“Knowing that I have you two to rely on, knowing that you are friends as well as employees, that is more than enough. Thank you for your concern.” I paused to move beyond the emotional aspect. “I'm working on how to handle this, but I need you two to keep this strictly to yourselves. Do not even tell your spouses, got it?” They nodded. “And you have to act normally toward Roger, like nothing is different.”

“That won't be easy,” grumbled Luke.

“I have to let him fuck me tonight. You have it easy,” I said, and that cracked them both up. After that lunch settled down to regular business. They were really fun to be around.

The bill came and I handed it to Cecile. “I'm paying?” she asked, surprised.

“You are,” I said, handing her the signed contract from Freemantle. She just shook her head, amazed. “Any way we can work out a way to let him stay in the subdivision?” I asked.

“Let me crunch the numbers and see if that freebie will be too much for our margins,” she said with a smile. “We've got a real gem we're working on. A thousand acres in Cupertino.”

“Wow,” I said. “That could end up as a multi-use development.”

“We'll have to snap up the land fast though,” she said, “and it's not cheap. It will probably take up at least 75% of our cash reserves.”

“That much land in one plot is a gold mine. Buy it. Get the best deal you can.”

“I may need your help on the negotiations,” she said. I just shook my head.

I left the office around 4pm, a busy day behind me, and lots of traffic in front of me. In my car I had some more information for JP; personnel info on Phillipe. I was getting paranoid, I know, but I needed to make sure he was in my corner. If he was, he'd make his fortune with me. If not, I'd run him out of town on a rail.

I headed back to see Gus, signed contracts in hand. He answered the door slowly, and was surprised to see me.

“Didn't think you'd be back,” he said. “Oh, you wanted to drop of the papers.”

“That, and another thing,” I said, grabbing his belt and undoing it. I gave him a repeat performance from yesterday. When he was done, he looked at me with an incredibly satisfied expression.

“You came here and fucked me. What do you want?” he asked.

I laughed. “Nothing. I just enjoyed you. I hope you do not mind.”

He stared at me, stunned. “That was the nicest thing anyone's done for me, least in recent memory.”

I got up and kissed him on the forehead. “I like you Gus. You're a good guy. I've got to run. Is it OK if I stop by again sometime?”

“You come by any time you want,” he said. Was that a leer? I giggled. It was so neat to see the spark in his eyes. Sex could be fun, and it could also be an incredible gift.

I steeled myself as I headed to the winery, forcing myself to put on an act that was probably more difficult than anything most of Jackie's talented actors had done. Still, I told myself, this is nothing new. All I needed to do was to think of Roger as a trick. The only problem is that wouldn't work. With him I had a connection. I'd have to force that too.

He was at the winery working on some equipment when I got there. Bobby was helping him and I cringed. I'd forgotten about him. I formatted my facade and strolled forward.

“Stef!” he said, and came over to hug me. We kissed with passion, but I felt hollow inside.

“Good to see you big guy. Hey Bobby,” I said, looking beyond Roger. “Go get cleaned up. I want to go out to dinner.” He smiled at me and nodded to Bobby, who grinned at me.

“I'll stay here and finish up this press,” he said, as if he was a hard worker.

Roger had left the winery. I heard the door shut to the house. I turned to Bobby and flashed my charming smile at him. “You are really foxy. It's too bad you're straight. You'd be a lot of fun.”

I watched the struggle on his face. The conflict over whether he'd be better off doing me too, or whether his original act was better. “You're tempting,” he said in a slutty way.

I moved closer to him and looked down at his tenting pants. I ran my hand over his hardening cock. “Roger's in the shower. We've got a few minutes. Fuck me,” I said.

“Uh, I really shouldn't,” he said, nervous, but my hand was working him up. I had his zipper down and his dick out, and I dropped to my knees and took him into my mouth.

“Damn, no woman gives head like that,” he said.

I dropped my pants and turned away from him, handing him the lube. “Fuck me,” I commanded. I felt him enter me gently, the little asshole. He started pumping hard after not too long, and I adjusted myself so I could enjoy him. I heard his moans picking up, and heard him get close, and then he blew; blasted might be a better way to put it. As I pulled up my pants, I saw Roger watching from the side door, hiding like I'd done. Good. Let him handle some pain.

“We better get dressed before Roger gets done,” Bobby said nervously. I giggled and buckled my belt.

Roger reappeared as soon as we were dressed, and he looked like he always did. Talk about acting. He didn't seem flustered at all, although instinctively I knew that he was. I gave him a big kiss and it took him just a second to spark up, a second to put on his game face. I felt happy, satisfied. I had hurt him like he'd hurt me, so let him hide his feelings too.

We had a nice dinner until I told him my plans. “I've got a crisis in LA so I will be gone for the rest of the week. And then I have that trip to Paris next week with JP, Brad, and Ace.”

“What trip?” he asked

“Did I not tell you about that? I promised Brad I'd take him to Paris and next week is the only one that works for JP. Do not be sad. I will only be gone for a week.”

“So I won't get to see you again for a week and a half?” he asked, looking sad. Was that part of the game?

“I will miss you,” I said, trying to sound sincere.

“I'll miss you too,” he said, in almost a grumble. I took him back to my place in Saratoga and he seemed to think that was a significant step on my part, like I was letting him into my inner sanctum. I let him think that. We had sex all night long and I found that he was so good, such a good lover, I didn't have to fake it at all. I ended up really enjoying myself.

May 30, 1973

I got Roger up early and we fucked in the shower, quickly. I had to drop him off and get to the office to fit my life back into Phillipe's schedule. He was nervous as I drove him home. It wasn't until we were almost at the winery that he raised the number one issue on his mind.

“So did you give any thought to our conversation, about letting me buy into the winery?” He was visibly uncomfortable raising the topic. Was that an act too?

“I did. I'm sorry; I should have broached that topic. Roger, do not feel embarrassed about asking me about it. I feel bad that I did not bring it up sooner.” I didn't answer his question. I was being cruel, but in a seemingly unintentional manner.

“So what did you decide?”

“I told Cecile and Luke to work up an agreement that would give you the best deal possible while not pissing off our investors. If you want to talk to them about it, feel free.” He smiled at that, relieved. Idiot. There were no investors. I owned the winery myself. I kissed him goodbye, a passionate kiss, and then headed up to the office. I snickered when I thought about the argument he and Bobby were bound to have today.

I breezed through my morning, taking a few minutes to update Cecile and Luke on Roger's conversation. It would be interesting to see what they found out. A brief stop at Escorial to pack up some stuff and touch base with JP, and I was back in my car headed to the airport. I felt relieved to be away from all of my problems. Relieved and free.

I landed at LAX at rush hour, which was irritating, but I shrugged it off and grabbed a cab. I'd taken tons of work with me, projects to look at, and investments to consider, so I'd be productive even here in LA. The cab slugged along in traffic, the driver as impatient as I was. I ignored him. It seemed to take forever, but we finally got to Malibu. I gave him a huge tip and that made him smile. That's me. Spreading the joy around.

Jason and Josh were sitting down to eat dinner, a pizza they'd ordered in. This would never do. They were thrilled to see me, and their joy was so genuine it almost made me cry. I wanted to go see Jackie, but I realized that these guys only had Jason's car to drive around. It was a Chevy Impala, a few years old. Nice, but not up to Hollywood standards. I sighed. A car was a car, and I borrowed it.

I drove up to Jackie's house and arrived unannounced. She seemed mildly irritated by that, but still acted happy to see me.

“I just got into town,” I told her. “I had some personal reasons to be here, but I wanted to let you know. I promised I'd only be down here every other week. If you want me to, I will stay away from Peter.”

She studied me. “I like you kid. You're an honorable guy. You're gonna get screwed over in this town. People here aren't like that.”

I chuckled. “I seem to do just fine at getting screwed over in the Bay Area, so what's the difference.” She smiled at me indulgently.

“I need to keep your chippie here for the rest of the week, but you can see him if you want to. Next time you might want to call before you come over.”

“Thanks. And I'm sorry about the impromptu visit. I just wanted to make sure you knew I was here, and that you heard it from me first.”

“I'll be at the studio tomorrow. Come keep me company. It will be fun.”

I smiled. “Yes it will. I will see you tomorrow afternoon.” She called Armand down. He literally ran to me when he saw me.

“Stefan! What a pleasant surprise!” He beamed happily.

“It's good to see you too Armand. I'm here for a few days. You have to stay here until Friday?” I looked at Jackie, and she nodded. “Friday, so I will come pick you up and you can spend Friday and Saturday in Malibu.”

He looked disappointed, but happy anyway. I kissed him goodbye, and gave Jackie the cheek kisses that the French used, and headed back to the beach.

Josh and Jason were lounging in front of the television when I got back. “You guys just eat and sit around?” I teased. “If you get fat, I will have to replace you.” They laughed and shook their heads. I went out on the deck and smoked a joint, bathing myself in the sea air and the surf, letting it relax me. What a wonderful place this was, and I had never really taken the time to enjoy it. I went inside and found that the guys had headed to bed. I was headed to my own room, but detoured into Josh's instead.

He was waiting there, sprawled across the bed stark naked, slowly and seductively stroking his big dick. “I was hoping you'd come see me,” he said. I giggled and joined him. It was a really nice fuck. We weren't athletic, we weren't raw and unhinged, we just made slow, sensual love to each other, and it was fantastic. I drifted off to sleep with Josh spooning against my back. Unlike some guys, he didn't make me feel safe. But he did make me feel loved and appreciated.

May 31, 1973

I woke up the next morning; the first thing I felt was Josh behind me, still wrapped around me. He was so cute. I moved my ass back into him and he woke up when he popped inside me, giggling. We made love just like last night. I knew it wasn't love like I'd experienced with Peter and Roger, but he loved me as a friend, and I felt the same way toward him.

I showered and got myself organized, then went down to grab some food. Jason made breakfast for us, and I told them to get ready because we were going out. They looked at me curiously, but said nothing.

We piled into Jason's Chevy and headed down the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). What a beautiful road! Jason was driving. “Where are we going?” he asked.

“There's a Mercedes-Benz dealer up here on the left somewhere. I need a car for when I'm down here.” Jason rolled his eyes, but Josh lit up. Jason isn't a car guy.

“Have you seen that groovy SL Roadster they've got?!” Josh said excitedly.

“A car is just transportation, nothing more, nothing less,” said Jason.

“That's why you drive a 1970 Chevy Impala Four Door. You are the envy of every accountant out there,” I said, slamming him good-naturedly. He ignored me and just drove me to the car dealer.

I found the car I wanted right away. A red 450 SL, complete with a hard top that I'd probably never need. I'd just keep it in convertible form. The original salesman that greeted us was an arrogant ass, so I blew him off and approached a hot young guy that was standing in the back.

“Can you help me?” I asked.

“Sure,” he said, and looked uncomfortable. “Sorry, we're supposed to take turns talking to customers, and I'm new here. Klaus was supposed to help you.”

“Yeah, but he's an asshole, and I do not want to work with him.”

The guy smiled and stifled a laugh. “So what can I help you with?”

“I want that car,” I said, pointing at the SL.

“You're making my sales job pretty easy,” he said.

“You think you can give me a good price without all the bullshit?” I asked.

He looked around, checking for spies. “You got it.”

I sat in his office and Klaus came in. “John told me you were interested in the Red SL. I can help you with that.”

“I want to work with John.” I said. He looked at me, amazed, and left.

John came back in, giggling. “You're going to be a hero around here for quite a while. No one likes that asshole. Oops, I probably shouldn't have said that.”

“It's no problem John. You can even say fuck if you want to,” I joked. He gave me a good price on the car, definitely better than I would have done with Klaus.

I looked into the showroom and saw Jason and Josh looking at a 350 SEL Sedan. The damn thing was nice, a dignified dark blue color. I thought that would be a nice car to have if we needed to go somewhere a little more formal.

“John, how much for that SEL. We will use the lovely Impala as a trade in.” I said.

“You want that one too?” he asked. Then he blanched, realizing he shouldn't have said that.

“Yeah, and relax. It's just fine.” They scurried out to look at Jason's car. He came up to me with a worried look.

“What are they doing to my car?” he asked.

“It's an eyesore. I think they're going to tow it.” I said. He believed me and made to run out and stopped them but I grabbed his arm. “I'm teasing Jason. You're trading it in.”

“But I like my Impala,” he said, sounding pathetic. Josh just rolled his eyes at him.

“We only have places to park two cars. I bought the SL and I'm going to get this SEL too. So if you want to keep it, you will have to park it somewhere else. Either that or you can just use the SEL. Your call.” Josh's eyes got big.

“Hey Jason, you know a car is just transportation. You probably wouldn't even like that car,” Josh joked.

Jason gave him a dirty look. “Thanks Stefan. That's really generous of you.”

“You've earned it,” I said.

The trip to the car dealer set me back about $28,000 when all was said and done. We wanted a dark tint on the windows of the SEL, so it would take a while to do that. I sent Jason and Josh on their way, telling them to come back and pick it up that evening. I decided to wait for my SL, and then go to the studio.

I sat in John's office, waiting for them to get the SL ready, looking at him with my 'fuck me' look. He was interested, but uncomfortable. I giggled to myself. I was so good at reading men.

“John, is there a restroom around here?” I asked.

“Sure, it's down the hall and on the right.” He was a little slow.

“Do you think you could show me?” I asked in my slutty voice.

He smiled nervously. “Uh, sure. This way.”

We got to the door and he opened it for me. I walked in and pulled him in after me. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“We're all alone in here John, just you and me,” I said as I fell to my knees in front of his crotch.

“I can't do this,” he said as I pulled down his zipper. “Really, I have to get back.” I pulled his hardening dick out. “If I get caught I'll lose my job.” I took him in my mouth. “Ahhh,” he said, and finally shut up and enjoyed the ride. He took a while to shoot, which was awesome, because he was fun to suck. When he came, he really came, hard and loud. I giggled.

He pulled up his pants and straightened them out, and peeked out the door to see if anyone else was out there. The coast was clear, so we headed back to his office. “Uh, thanks,” he said.

“My pleasure.” A valet came in and gave me my keys, and I zipped off to the studio in my new car. What a difference from the Porsche. It was smoother, but didn't handle quite as well. Perfect on the freeways. I put the top down and let the wind blow through my hair, giving myself permission to enjoy life.

I tracked down Jackie and hung out with her. They were filming a movie, and she cracked me up the whole time with stories about all the actors. I sensed she was building me up for something, but I had no idea what it was. Then there was a scene in the movie where a divorcee runs into a handsome waiter, who puts the moves on her. The waiter was Armand, and he did a great job. I beamed with pride.

“The kid's got talent. He's good. I need to get some permits for him to work. Since he's 17 and a foreign national, we'll need his parental consent and a guardianship form for his money. You got one of those?”

“No, but I'm going to France next week. Can you give me the forms I will need?”

“Honey, I've got forms coming out of my ass. I'll send that over with sweet cheeks when he comes to visit you on Friday. Don't wear him out. He's in demand around here.” She cackled and I forced a laugh. I hoped Armand was enjoying his new career.

I got home that evening, tired but exhilarated. I'd had dinner with Peter, and we'd squeezed in a quick fuck, so I was worn out. I still had feelings for him, and he still knew how to push my buttons. We both seemed to click in our new relationship, and it made me happy.

I was smoking my nightly joint and enjoying the sound and sights on the beach. I strolled down the stairs and walked along the shore, savoring the evening air. I was walking along a darker section of the beach when I felt someone grab me from behind.

“Hand over your wallet or you die,” the rough voice said. I moved to get my wallet out of my pocket and he slammed his fist into my kidney, knocking me down and causing me a lot of pain. It fucking hurt. I turned around to try and deflect his next attack and came face to face with a bum, gritty and smelly, aiming a knife right at me. I scrambled back and he moved forward. Suddenly there was a flash of movement behind him, and a loud sound, a 'crack'.

I watched him get a strange look on his face, and then he collapsed onto his face. I didn't have time to figure out whether he was face down in sand that would be underwater at high tide. I jumped to my feet and found myself face to face with a scruffy looking young guy. He was probably only about five seven or five eight, dark and scrawny. He started to run away but I stopped him.

“Wait,” I said. He ignored me and started to run, but I was faster. Still it took me a while to catch him, and by the time I tackled him I was pretty winded.

“Leave me the fuck alone,” he yelled. He had a pronounced accent.

“Man, relax. You saved my life back there. I just wanted to say thank you.”

“You can thank me by getting the fuck off of me.”

“For a young guy you've got a pretty nasty mouth,” I said, keeping him pinned in the sand.

“Yeah, well you'd talk like that if you had some big fat guy on your ass,” he said, and I started laughing. No one had ever called me fat before. That is one thing I wasn't.

“If I let you up, will you talk to me and not run away?” I asked.

“Fine,” he said, and I let him up. I could tell he was thinking about running, but he didn't.

“You think I'm fat?” I asked him, and he kind of laughed.

“No, but you seemed pretty heavy piled on top of me.”

“Your English is very good, but you are not from here,” I said.

“Neither are you,” he countered.

“I'm from France. Where are you from?”

“France? I'm from Mexico.”

“How long have you been here?”

“Two weeks. Now have I answered all of your questions?”

“Nope. My name is Stefan,” I said, holding out my hand.

“Joaquin,” he said, shaking my hand, “but people call me Jake because that's what they can pronounce. I've gotten used to it.”

“OK Jake. So here's the deal. I live in that house right over there,” I said, pointing. “I'm thinking that you could come back with me and I could make us both something to eat. You hungry?”

He was a young guy, and I knew young guys. Sex and food, those were the two prime motivators. “I guess that could be OK. You are not going to call the police?”

“Hardly. You are not supposed to be here, eh?” He nodded. “Well, you saved my life, so as far as I'm concerned, you belong here.” He raised an eyebrow and followed me back home.

Jason was up, in his underwear, rooting around the kitchen. “Hey Jason, will you make something to eat for me and Jake too?” I asked.

“What am I, the housekeeper?” he asked jokingly.

“You'd look cuter with an apron on,” I said. He rolled his eyes.

“I can make something,” Jake said, and headed into the kitchen. He washed his hands and went to work. God knows what he was making.

“Who's the kid? A hustler?” Jason whispered. I smacked him and told him about my encounter on the beach. He whistled. “That was pretty brave of him.”

He brought out some sandwiches, and they were really good. How he found stuff in our poorly stocked kitchen to do it was beyond me. We wolfed them down in no time at all.

“Well, thanks for the food,” he said. “I should get going.”

“And where exactly will you be going?” I asked.

“Don't worry about me.”

Jason and I eyed him and he seemed uncomfortable. “He's about Josh's size, do you not think?” I asked.

“A little skinnier. We could round something up for him if we got a belt,” he replied.

Jake looked at us curiously. “What?”

“You cannot just go back and live on the beach. One of three things will happen to you. First, you could fall into a really bad life, whoring, or whatever you have to do for food. And eventually someone like that guy on the beach will put a knife in you. Or maybe you will just starve to death. But most likely immigration will find you and ship you back to Mexico.” He just looked at me, defiant, but there were tears in his eyes. “How old are you?”

“I am 13,” he said. God, he was just a kid.

“Jason, you up for this?” I asked. He smiled and nodded resignedly.

“What?” he demanded.

“I have a deal for you,” I told him. “Stay here, help out with the cooking and cleaning, and we will help you stay here legally and see if we cannot get you into school. Oh, and I will pay you too.”

“Why are you doing this? Do I have to have sex with you?” he asked cautiously.

“I'm doing this because you saved my life. And no, you do not have to have sex with us. I get laid all the time. Jason does not, but he does not like sleeping with boys.” Jason smacked me on the shoulder and I laughed.

Jake stood up and extended his hand. “I accept your offer.”

“Good. Well, the first thing you need to do is take a shower. You stink.”

He laughed as Jason led him off to the room off the kitchen, the one built for the staff I'd just hired.

Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 8
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Mark,

 

I must say I've been genuinely sucked in to your series here. I'm very surprised that you have so little reviews. This is absolutely incredible. Along with having a fantastic story to read, I'm learning a lot of history that I didn't otherwise know or care to learn about. But the way you weave it into the story makes it interesting. I've read the first two books of CAP and I'm well on my way to getting through the third one.

 

Thank you for such an inspirational story!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/24/2011 01:10 PM, rachiegrl6 said:
Mark,

 

I must say I've been genuinely sucked in to your series here. I'm very surprised that you have so little reviews. This is absolutely incredible. Along with having a fantastic story to read, I'm learning a lot of history that I didn't otherwise know or care to learn about. But the way you weave it into the story makes it interesting. I've read the first two books of CAP and I'm well on my way to getting through the third one.

 

Thank you for such an inspirational story!

Thanks for posting a review for The Land Whore! The reason I don't have many reviews is that these stories were published here long before the review system was set up. At least that's my story. :-)
  • Like 3
Link to comment

You never know when you are going to meet someone that is going to turn out important to your life later on; it is always a good policy to be the best person you can be to everyone...

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Stefan has the most amazing luck, even when bad things happen better things seem to arise out of them. Well crafted work, thanks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Who would guess that this young guy would be a very important character in the story for years to come.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

So now we have a new character to read about, nothing wrong as that is what keeps the story fresh and interesting.

Great.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..