Jump to content
    Mark92
  • Author
  • 2,896 Words
  • 2,270 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Story - 2. A Fairy Story Cont.....

A Fairy Story Cont……

The hiss was followed by a deep guttural growl and Apple darted upwards, but so did the strange beast and its paw lashed out and swept through the air. Apple swept sideways, in a blur of beating wings, then up and over the desk, the strange beast climbed up the seat and blocked Apples only exit; the window.

Apple then flew as fast as he could to the other strange room and over to the window, landing on the clasp and tugging it, but he wasn’t strong enough he couldn’t lift it. His eyes grew large as he saw the strange beast stalking towards him; it was still hissing and snarling. Apple then pressed his weight against the cold glass, pushing his shoulder against it. His wings flapped rapidly, it wouldn’t budge. He turned to see the beast’s fangs as it hissed again this time so close he could smell its breath. Apple sprang upwards and the beasts paw clipped the very edge of his wings catching him off guard. Apple fell to the floor and landed on the soft carpet. The cat was stalking again its body low to the ground its’ mouth open fangs gleaming as it hissed once more. Apple shuffled backwards crawling.

“Noah! Noah! Noah! Where are you?” It was the human. Apple scurried backwards towards the other end of the flower covered seat and hid behind it. Then the human head came over the back, looking down,

“Noah! What are you doing back there?” The human picked up the beast which continued to growl and hiss. “Noah what the hell is wrong with you?” he walked away stroking the beast in an attempt to calm it.

Apple checked his wings for damage; there was only a small tear. He stood and checked out the surrounding area it was all quiet again. Apple tip-toed across the carpet towards the desk. He hid behind every piece of furniture that was in his path. Reaching the side of the desk, he looked up to see the human sat up to it. He was talking and laughing. The look on his face was pure joy and so much love danced in his eyes. How could Apple not trust this man to help? Apple flew up behind the desk, his torn wing making flight a little tipsy. The human wouldn’t be able to see him, what could he do?

Apple spotted the small glass and silver magnifying glass. The written words behind it looked small, but through the glass, they were much bigger. That was it! Apple flew behind it and waved frantically at the human. The human didn’t notice at first, he was totally distracted by whoever he was talking too. But then out of the corner of his eye he spotted Apple,

“Hang on baby there’s something strange here.” The human said and took off the strange device on his head, and peered closer.

Apple blushed the human was as good looking as his Teasel. The human put the thing back on his head and said, “Give me five minutes baby, be right back,” Taking the contraption off again then smiling at the magnifying glass,

“OK little fella, I can see you, but how do I hear you? Let me figure this one out.” He rummaged around the desk and found a small black stick and stood it next to the glass,

“Try speaking now and I won’t hurt you. I think you already know that?” Apple nodded and cleared his throat properly.

“My name is Apple Snow-wasp and I need your help.” Apple looked round at the louder voice coming from somewhere saying the exact words he did.

The human laughed softly, “it’s too hard to explain that, but that is you. How can I help?” Apple frowned this giant wasn’t scary at all, in fact he looked so kind and gentle. Puffing out his chest Apple continued.

“You have an ancient artefact, a ring; I must return it to save my kingdom from a loveless future.” Apple smiled.

“Well if I can help love progress I’ll do anything I can, I’m in love myself. It’s all new and fresh and so heart-warming,” He smiled.

Apple grinned he knew exactly how that felt.

“A ring you say?” He looked puzzled for a moment then his eyes flashed,

“I do have a ring; I found it half buried near the first pond. It’s yours? He searched his desk and found a small crock pot, and took off the lid.

“It isn’t mine but I have to return it,” Apple smiled.

“This ring almost fits me, how are you going to carry it?” The human put the ring on the tip of his finger and wiggled it.

“By magic of course,” Apple giggled. “A handful of fairy dust and it will be as light as air.” The human smiled and rested his chin on his folded arms.

“So tell me Apple Snow-wasp, what is this kingdom like? And how many of your kind are there?” Apple smiled at the soft eyes as they blinked at him.

“My kingdom is your land human, and there are as many of my kind as there are stars in the sky.” The human chuckled at this.

“Cool and good answer, I’m surprised I’m taking this so easily, I mean you’re a fairy?”

“And you’re a gentle giant,” Apple laughed, “When you walk in the meadow or through the wood even around your pond we are watching you, we are all around you; your kingdom is safe as long as you’re here. We all trust you.” Apple replied.

“I would never hurt anything or anybody, and your welcome here for as long as I am.” He placed the ring down carefully.

Apple flew up to hover over the humans head and sprinkled a handful of fairy dust, then flew behind the glass again,

“The love you have for your true love will never ever die,” Apple giggled softly then sprinkled more dust onto the ring and it slowly rose in the air. Apple’s head swept round as he mentally heard screams coming from outside,

“Something is wrong in my kingdom I have to go.” The ring fell back on the desk and Apple was gone through the open window.

He hovered in the air honing his ears to where the screams came from. It was the island pond. He flew as fast as he could to find a small group of fairies and water sprites and nymphs surrounding Farrow as she sobbed bitterly. Apple pushed his way through to sit beside her on the bulrush head,

“What has happened Farrow?” He slid his arm around her shoulder careful not to disturb her wings.

“It’s….it’s Pago, he’s dead, Dixton killed him,” She sobbed into her hands. Pago was like a grandfather to the entire pond fay.

“Why would Dixton kill Pago? He’s a harmless bullfrog.” Apple frowned.

“Because he protects us doesn’t he, do you think he did it for fun?” She looked at Apple angrily, “You didn’t know he has murdered each clan leader? Apple’s frown deepened.

“What...When? I’ve not long since left Dixton, to do a quest.”

Farrow lowered her hands, “Where is Teasel? You two are never apart.” Apple blinked back.

“He’s looking after Teasel………….Oh my goodness I’ve got to go Farrow so so sorry,” He flew upwards not waiting for a reply as he then dashed to where he’d left Teasel. He was gone and so was Dixton.

Apple darted round frantically but could see nothing, no other fay around. He flew down to where he had left Teasel, small particles of fairy dust were still scattered around. This was the right place, but where was his Teasel now?

He searched the whole area before darting upwards again and over to the ponds, rallying the other fay to hunt for Teasel. Then on to the meadows and up to Teasel’s Hazel tree. Apple began to panic; Teasel was still alive he could feel him in his heart. As long as he could feel him, then there was hope of finding him.

Apple stood on the leaf Teasel had slept in, and looked at the surrounding land he could see millions of fay searching for Teasel. Then it was like a cry that blasted inside his head, Dixton’s love lay sleeping in the iron bird’s nest? Apple rose up once more and took a deep breath before catching the breeze and aiming for the ten foot high fence that separated his kingdom from the airbase.

When he looked down again he could see several dark blue iron birds sleeping, humans walking around them, then he was flying towards the huge nests the birds slept in at night.

Once he was inside he landed on a flickering light, and closed his eyes to concentrate. His mind focused on Teasel, searching for a glimmer of light in the darkness. There was none, so Apple left this nest and onto the next. Apples hope began to diminish with each empty nest it was the fifth and last one. When Apple felt a warm glow, it wasn’t Teasel his glow was blue this one was orange and red and glowed warmly. Apple flew towards it and found a large web. In its centre hung a small glowing chrysalis. This is where the pulse was coming from. Then Apple spotted the guardian of the web, she was a mouse spider, so called because of her soft mouse-grey abdomen and her scurrying short bursts when on the move. Apple moved to hover in front of her nodding his head in respect,

“Greetings Celebrian,” Apple nodded respectfully, “Can you tell me who you have captured so successfully? And how long you have held them?”

Celebrian moved closer to Apple, “It is a good job I am not hungry or you would be here too, this is Arwen a lady of nobility,” She replied. “She has slept here for a hundred years, and will sleep for another hundred unless her ring is found.”

Apple nodded as he listened, “I know the whereabouts of this ring, but I have been betrayed by the dark lord Dixton.” Apple growled angrily. “He sent me on a quest and disappeared taking my true love with him.”

Celebrian’s eyes saddened, “he hates all love since Arwen was spell-cast. He may have taken your love to his own nest, but it is far away from here.”

“I do not care about distance Celebrian; I will die for my love.” Apple replied.

“Then follow the human track to its end. You will find another pond, look under the large rock there, and you will find Dixton’s home.” Celebrian moved closer, “It is a dangerous place I warn you, not just Dixton’s lair, but it’s the place where humans travel at speed, go now you tire me.” With that she returned to her original place and Apple knew the conversation was over.

He flew outside and towards the gate that stood on the edge of his kingdom. He rested on the top of the gate and looked down the winding track until it veered off by the abandoned nest of another human. He had never ventured out of his kingdom before he had never needed too but this was for Teasel not himself. Apple checked his wings again the tear was the same size they would carry him until he could get it fixed. Puffing out his chest as he filled his lungs he rose high and flew towards the distant black snake that the humans travelled on.

It was beginning to turn dark when Apple reached the small pond. He looked at the flashing lights as the humans sped past. Then flew down to the one and only rock that sat beside the pond. He landed atop of it and got on his knees to peer underneath. Nothing but blackness, then as quick as a flash Dixton rose up and hovered over him,

“How dare you venture out here to find me Apple? You must have the ring otherwise you wouldn’t have come.” Dixton growled.

Apple rose up to hover at the same height, “I do not have the ring and you betrayed me dark lord Dixton, but I no longer fear you. Mess with my true love and you mess with me!” Apples face was stern.

“Hahahaha you have come to war with me little fay hahahaha? Dixton rose higher and shot a blazing red and orange orb towards Apple. He missed as Apple darted sideways and rose above the dark snake, the flashing lights now far below.

Apple surrounded himself in a magic bubble, shielding himself from Dixton’s fire orbs,

“Come and catch me if you can you big headed oaf,” Apple laughed, “you may have power but I have the speed of light and the strength of my true love to fight you Dixton.” Apple sneered.

“Oh you are so dead you little blue squirt, I’m going to tear you limb from limb and then go back to my lair and make pretty Teasel mine!”

In less than a blink Apple sped towards Dixton and side kicked him with a loud cry of “Kiai!” And Dixton was spinning earthward. To, just as suddenly rise again shooting two more fire balls, this time bright blue, these were more powerful but Apples speed saved him once more,

“Is that all you’ve got Dixton? And you’re a dark lord??? How did that happen? Hahahaha” Apple laughed loudly.

Dixton roared with rage and sped back upwards barely missing Apple as he pulled out his blade. Apple taunted him darting this way and that always a millisecond ahead. Dixton’s anger began to show as a red aura around his entire body. A pulsating light of brilliant oranges and reds like the fire orbs he threw. Dixton flew much higher than Apple could and aimed his blade faultlessly. Once again Apple’s speed won out and the battle continued over the black winding snake. Again Dixton aimed his blade straight for Apples heart. And then Apple sped downward and Dixton followed. Both just a blur in the night sky as Apple sped across the black snake swirling between the glinting metal shapes that roared noisily, their lights bright. Once on the other side Apple turned to see Dixton’s bright light heading straight for him and then nothing. Dixton wasn’t there anymore; he was plastered to the headlight of one of the metal shapes. The dark lord Dixton was no more.

Apple flew around the area a few times before believing Dixton was dead. And then back to the rock to find Teasel. He threw a handful of fairy dust into the air to light his path. Deep under the hollow of the rock, it was cold and the walls were damp and sticky. Apple moved deeper and deeper into the earth. The walls became drier and there was a warmth underfoot. And then he emerged into a chamber, more fairy dust to light up the chamber and there was his Teasel. Curled up on a pile of soft feathers and leaves and sleeping soundly. Apple dashed to his side and got down beside him. And then Apple stroked Teasel’s face. How will you wake now my precious fay?

Then Apple remembered Celebrian and Arwen. High born nobility had the spell of life. That was it. Apple kissed Teasel’s cheek softly, “you’re better off here my love, I shall return and then we shall be together.” Another light kiss and Apple was dashing as fast as he could back out from the hollow and skyward towards the iron bird’s nest.

The moon was full now lighting up the sky brilliantly when Apple finally arrived at the nest. The entrance wasn’t there anymore, how would he get in? He flew around the giant nest in search of a way in and then spotted a slatted opening up high near the roof of the nest. Apple flew up into it and struggled through the slats and indoors. He had to remember where Celebrian was, and then made his way there. Celebrian was still sat in the same spot. Arwen glowed softly in the centre of the huge web.

“Greetings Celebrian I must speak to you on a very urgent matter, please forgive my untimely interruption of your sleep,” Apple said respectfully his head slightly lowered.

“Did you not find Dixton, where I said he would be Apple? Celebrian said softly.

“Oh yes I found him Celebrian, but now he is dead and my love still lies in a poisoned sleep.” Apple replied. “I recalled an old tale that a high born such as Arwen had the spell of life?” Apple asked.

“Dixton is dead? How can this be? Not by your hand I’m sure of that.”

Apple looked slightly shocked, “I could easily have beaten him. Dixton was cocky and too slow no real match for my agility and speed.” Apple smiled smugly.

“You will still need the ring Apple; he will not wake without it.” Celebrian nodded her wise head once.

“Then I shall go and get it Celebrian, I shall return before morning,” Apple nodded and then bowed in respect, “Until I return.” Apple then left, back through the slatted vent and to the farm.

Copyright © 2011 Mark92; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/14/2011 07:20 PM, mskdm20 said:
Great story, Mark! I'm really enjoying it. :)
Thank you Adrian, it was a joy to write, last chapter soon :) Thanks again :hug:
Link to comment

Nice twists and turns to this tale of yours. i see you even wrote yourself into your story. :) I am enjoying this and can't wait to see how you end it.

Link to comment

Boy these fay sure are busy! I love how you wrote the "fight" scene between Apple and Dixton! And Dixton got hit by a car; serves him right for coming between Apple and his true love! :)

 

Looking foward to more Mark!

Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 09:17 PM, Stephen said:
I'm delighted with this story. It's a little bit of magic on it's own.

Thank you.

Thank you its something different for me and I loved doing it :) Many thanks :)
Link to comment
On 10/15/2011 01:34 AM, comicfan said:
Nice twists and turns to this tale of yours. i see you even wrote yourself into your story. :) I am enjoying this and can't wait to see how you end it.
Awww Comic I so loved doing this its all close to my heart. Many thanks :hug::)
Link to comment
On 10/15/2011 02:05 AM, Lisa said:
Boy these fay sure are busy! I love how you wrote the "fight" scene between Apple and Dixton! And Dixton got hit by a car; serves him right for coming between Apple and his true love! :)

 

Looking foward to more Mark!

Hey and thank you Lisa :) Will love win out? :hug: Thanks for reading and reviewing :)
Link to comment
On 10/15/2011 02:41 AM, Nephylim said:
Dixton so deserved to end the way he did. I'm so worried about Teasel. Go Apple
Awww Nephy I havnt loved anything I've done as much as this. So different but so cool :hug::wub:
Link to comment

Sweet, sweet story, Marky! Love and adventure in fey-dom! Who would have thought! smile.png

 

Living under a rock...no wonder Dixton was such a sourpuss. So I'm wondering what Arwen's reaction will be once he learns Dixton is no more? sceptic.gif

 

Really a fun read! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment
On 10/20/2011 05:23 AM, Conner said:
Sweet, sweet story, Marky! Love and adventure in fey-dom! Who would have thought! smile.png

 

Living under a rock...no wonder Dixton was such a sourpuss. So I'm wondering what Arwen's reaction will be once he learns Dixton is no more? sceptic.gif

 

Really a fun read! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Awwww thank you Conner. I guilty just found this lol It really was so much fun to do thanks again :hug:
Link to comment
On 05/24/2012 05:13 PM, JOeKEool said:
Great work, Mark. I can tell how much fun you had writing this.
Thank you JOe I really did, and just so you know it was finding the ring that started it all
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..