Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 1,830 Words
  • 4,134 Views
  • 28 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Soul Food - 1. Soul Food Chapter 1

Sim meets a dream in chapter 1.

Soul Food Chapter 1

 

Friday night, eh? Should be out on a hot date; well, there was none of that, so I was out with my two ex-but-still-part-time lovers and a friend from work. We were in the G-G-Gay Bar, our local and favourite bar in downtown Toronto.

We sat together, talking after a day’s work. The first beer had gone down a treat. I was ready for another. “Sim, your round dude.” I’m not sure why Barry felt the need to remind me or why he enjoyed pronouncing my name incorrectly!

“Barry you are such a fucker. You know it’s pronounced Sheem. Cut it out, what a cool guy sits with us?” He looked hurt at being considered uncool, and I grinned at him, rather than slap him, and went to the bar.

The bartender was young and soooo very hot. He was chatting to a customer when he noticed me. Smiling, he walked toward me trailing a finger along the bar. Blue jeans bonded onto hips so alive Elvis would have been jealous. The buttons strained against a real nice bulge. God please let me unbutton them. One-at-a-time. Damn, he was fine.

“What can I get you, handsome?” Still flashing a whiter than white smile, he put a hand through blond wavy hair and leaned in, his open shirt exposing perfect pecs and pouting nipples, and abs that screamed reach out and touch me. Eyes glued to the perfection before me I didn’t look up until he coughed and I was gazing into his sky-blue orbs. “Or, give you?”

You on a platter, naked, and glistening? His musky cologne was heady; I had to wipe my mouth. “Yeah … three Coronas and a vodka rocks … please.”

“Coming up, gorgeous.” He turned around to get my order. Was it possible for Levis to form around an ass so perfectly? I wanted to reach out and caress it. Then pull him close …. “That’s seventeen dollars please, sexy.” I put a twenty onto his palm and let my fingers linger on his wrist. He leaned closer and shivered as my warm breath tickled his ear. “Keep it.”

“I’m off in an hour.” He leered at me, adjusting his jeans. “You available?”

The baseball bat in my pants twitched. I heard myself saying, “Hey, I’m sorry, but I’m meeting someone later. Another time maybe?” What? Who? Are you insane? Just say yes!

“Too bad, you’re really hot. And that accent.” He licked his lips and leaned his muscular arms on the bar. “I want more of that.” I wanted more too, like his lips around my ….

The drinks clattered on the tray as I regained my composure. “Thanks …uh?”

“Daniel.” Lust darkened his eyes. “Another time then.” I wanted to fall to my knees and pray to the Lords of Lust to make it so.

I dragged my eyes away and carried the drinks to the table. Barry growled as I passed him his vodka. “You make this yourself? Took long enough.”

“I almost made that bartender.” Did I just say that?

“You did what?” Roger stood up, and grabbed a beer for himself and one for Jack.

“Go and have a look. That arse. I mean ass. Smokin!” I sat and sipped my beer and ran my cold hand over my forehead. I’m a social drinker, but thought a swim in a vat of the stuff might cool me off.

Barry took another swallow. “Oh, this I gotta see.” He wandered to the bar. Jack grinned at me and followed Barry. He wiggled his hot tight ass at me. Roger laughed and shook his head.

Jack Preston and Roger Griffiths ran a small publishing company for gay publications. They were friends with benefits. We’d hit it off immediately – the first friends I’d made after escaping from Scotland. I was in Canada on a five-year work visa, two years of which were history.

Barry’s the in-house nutritionist and I’m a personal trainer at World Fitness Gym, where we both work.

I seem to have been very social and found I was on my third beer when Barry nudged me in the ribs. “Sim, tall, dark and bitchin’ gorgeous at eleven o’clock.” I looked over. Barry was right.

He was tall and his upper body a perfect triangle – broad shoulders, his t-shirt tight over bulging biceps and perfect chest, then it traced over a six pack and tucked into slim black jeans. I just stared – his skin looked like dark coffee and I wanted to pull off that t-shirt and take a long drink.

As I managed not to physically drool, there was a brief second where our eyes met, but I dropped mine quickly. It’s rude to stare, at least that’s what mum always told me. But he caught me a couple more times, smiling at me the last time. Damn he was beautiful. Thoughts of us naked together wove themselves through my thoughts. Things were chubbing up in my jeans – again.

Thing is it wasn't the first time I’d seen him. He’d caught me on the two other occasions I’d been scoping him out. Wimp that I am, I couldn’t muster the nerve to talk to him. I swallowed another mouthful of beer.

I needed to pee badly and I made my way through the now-crowded bar to the men’s. I let go into the urinal and groaned with relief. After a quick shake, I shoved my dick back into my jeans and buttoned up. I turned around; my coffee-coloured vision was leaning against the exit. There was a commotion in the hall and banging on the door. My dream man ignored it.

I decided to pretend I’d never seen Mr. Coffee before and washed my hands and headed to the door. Fuck he was big, what 6’ 5” if he was an inch. “Excuse me, please.”

He smiled at me; warm mahogany eyes ran over my body. I wanted to weep. Yeah go ahead, take me! “You’ve been checking me out. And not for the first time either.” His voice was deep and sexy.

You are the sun, I am the moon
You are the words, I am the tune
Play me

What? Where did that come from? I shook my head. Oh god.

“Sorry, I … well you’re … sorry.” It was like I’d never spoken before with this newly-purchased-mouth.

“You’re Scottish.”

“Aye … yes, I am.”

The guy outside was still banging on the door, trying to get in. My new friend didn’t move. “Let me buy you a drink.”

I pointed out the obvious. “I think he needs the cludgie … uh, toilet.”

“He can wait. Now how about that drink?”

“Oh, that’s not … I mean … we don’t know ….” I stammered and babbled while his grin got bigger. Sim you dimwit, just fucking agree! Looking at my feet for reassurance, I managed control my mouth. “Fuck, sorry. Thank you, that would be nice.”

“Good.” My gorgeous giant moved and opened the door. The poor bastard from outside, ran to the urinal pulling down his zip and dragging out his dick as he passed us. “Assholes!”

My new friend was still holding the door for me. “After you.”

“Thank you.” I felt his hand on my lower back as we returned to the bar. Mmm, possessive already. I kinda liked it.

 

“You okay if we sit here … alone?” He found us a small table in the corner. Sit? Sure I’ll be the one on your lap!

I sat down, and he sat across from me. Shit, he was gorgeous. “I’m Ryan.” He put his hand out; I shook it. It was big and warm and I just wanted to kiss it.

I’m yours baby, let’s have a honeymoon then get married! “Sim.”

“Sim?” I could see Ryan thinking about that.

I smiled. “Sim is Gaelic for Simon.”

The waiter, Jeffrey, arrived to take our order. He leaned down to hear what Ryan was saying and winked at me and mouthed the word nice. I smiled at him, like a moron.

Once Jeffrey had moved on, Ryan looked at me; he repeated my name. “I like it, it’s different. But so are you.”

“Am I?” Ryan was making me feel like maybe I was.

Our drinks arrived and Ryan paid the waiter. He handed me a Corona. Lover boy was observant too since he hadn’t asked me what I’d like.

“Thank you.” I squeezed in the lime and licked my fingers slowly before taking a sip of beer.

Ryan watched me and smiled. “You’re welcome. I like that, your accent I mean.” He took a drink. “So, were you checking me out?”

I grinned; the alcohol I’d consumed so far had pushed away my shyness. “Aye, I canna help it, you’re really attractive.”

Ryan leaned toward me. He was big and his neck was the size of my thigh. I wanted to kiss it. “Sim, I’d really like to talk to you, have a chance to get to know you, but it’s too loud in here. Can I take you out for a bite to eat maybe?” There was a glow to Ryan’s beautiful skin and I just wanted to touch him.

There was silence as I gazed at him; Ryan snapped his fingers. I blinked. “Now, you mean?” Yes, now you dolt.

“Yeah, if you’re good with that, if you want to.” Ryan finished his drink in two swallows.

“Ryan, I’d really like that too.” I looked around to see my buddies watching us. “Let me just say goodnight to my friends.”

“Sure, I’ll meet you outside, okay.” Ryan stood up. It wasn’t a question, more of an order, which I felt compelled to obey.

“Aye, yes, I’ll be right there.” I grinned at him and walked over to see the boys, barely able to contain my excitement. After seeing Ryan fill the doorway and go out, I pumped my fist in victory!

Roger was smiling. “How’d you hook him, Sim?”

“Sim, you’re such a slut.” Barry was drunk.

“Barry, you just wish you were me.” I looked at the other two. “His name’s Ryan, and we’re going to get something to eat. I’ll just head home after that. I’ll see you guys on Monday.”

As I walked away, Jack caught up and stopped me. He was sober and stared at me with his beautiful lion’s eyes. They matched his mane of thick golden hair. “Sim, you be careful, okay? You don’t know this guy.”

“Jackie, I’ll be okay. But thanks. He seems like a decent guy.” I hugged his slim body and he wrapped his arms around me. Jack’s a good friend.

“You fucking call me in an hour, okay, or I’ll call you.”

I knew he was worried so I promised I would call. I showed him my phone was on. I hugged him again and kissed his cheek. “Love you.”

Thanks as always to AC Benus. Patience is a virtue and AC has a lot.
I appreciate his help and support. Mistakes are my own.
Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Great little short - but leaves me wanting more :yes:

 

Where do they go for food? Who goes home with who after? Or is Sim's date a gentleman? Does he walk him home and leave him with a kiss at the door? ;)

 

Please say your adding more at some point? :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 02:10 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

Great little short - but leaves me wanting more :yes:

 

Where do they go for food? Who goes home with who after? Or is Sim's date a gentleman? Does he walk him home and leave him with a kiss at the door? ;)

 

Please say your adding more at some point? :)

Cazzie.. there will be more 3 or 4 chapters more. I wouldn't leave you hanging there. Teasing is nice but at some point things have got to be finished.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Sim seems fertile for exploration as a character. He's obviously smart, snappy, and has no qualms with flirting with people like Daniel, the bartender. But on the other hand, there's a withdrawn aspect to his nature too - a careful negotiation of terms as he navigates his environment.

 

With Daniel, there seems to be open chemistry with Sim; with Ryan it's different. I don't know how to express it... At first I was all "Nice," but then...there was something.... As I say, there is potential that Sim may regret leaving with the beautiful coffee-toned man, but I hope I am wrong.

 

Great beginning to a story. Can't wait to see what develops.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 02:31 AM, AC Benus said:

Sim seems fertile for exploration as a character. He's obviously smart, snappy, and has no qualms with flirting with people like Daniel, the bartender. But on the other hand, there's a withdrawn aspect to his nature too - a careful negotiation of terms as he navigates his environment.

 

With Daniel, there seems to be open chemistry with Sim; with Ryan it's different. I don't know how to express it... At first I was all "Nice," but then...there was something.... As I say, there is potential that Sim may regret leaving with the beautiful coffee-toned man, but I hope I am wrong.

 

Great beginning to a story. Can't wait to see what develops.

AC thank you for the insightful comments. You know I can't tell you though right?

 

Sim is I think basically a sweet shy guy, but he's also a man who wants that gorgeous bartender, but maybe see more potential in Ryan. I'm sure we'll learn more in chaper 2.

 

Thanks AC as always. Your view of things, your support and your editing skills are greatly appreciated.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I really like Sim. He comes across as sweet and playful. He also comes across like a little boy in a candy store. He sees something he likes than something shinier catches his eye.
I just hope he doesn't doesn't end up with a "tummy ache" because of the "candy" he chose.
Admittedly, he did tell the bartender he was wasn't available, so maybe he was referring to being occupied by Daniel, even if he hadn't spoken to him yet?
Daniel's behaviour isn't endearing him to me though...at first glance it's sexy, but with further scrutiny, I see him as a bit of a bully. Hope I'm wrong...
Nicely done Tim. Lots of amusing bits here and there really engage the reader.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 03:14 AM, Reader1810 said:

I really like Sim. He comes across as sweet and playful. He also comes across like a little boy in a candy store. He sees something he likes than something shinier catches his eye.

I just hope he doesn't doesn't end up with a "tummy ache" because of the "candy" he chose.

Admittedly, he did tell the bartender he was wasn't available, so maybe he was referring to being occupied by Daniel, even if he hadn't spoken to him yet?

Daniel's behaviour isn't endearing him to me though...at first glance it's sexy, but with further scrutiny, I see him as a bit of a bully. Hope I'm wrong...

Nicely done Tim. Lots of amusing bits here and there really engage the reader.

Hi 1810, Sim is a sweet guy. I think though he finds Daniel hot, he said no because Daniel isnt his style. I don't think he had plans or hopes to meet Ryan. Daniel is young good looking and he knows it. He can have who he wants. I think he's a bit surprised Sim said no thanks.

Let's see where Ryan and Sim end up.

Thank you for your comments and insight. I appreciate it.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I wish to read more sir, please ... I got a chuckle at the bit of lyrics that popped into Sim's head, I listened to Neil Diamond sing those very words while in the car this morning.
Others seem to think ill could befall our young hero but I expect something good from this. The mention of Ryan's height of 6'5" immediately brought to mind another who shares that height. Combine that with the story title and I have happy thoughts.
This is a nice read, the words and thoughts flow smoothly for me creating little vignettes in my head. I truly look forward to more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 05:16 AM, dughlas said:

I wish to read more sir, please ... I got a chuckle at the bit of lyrics that popped into Sim's head, I listened to Neil Diamond sing those very words while in the car this morning.

Others seem to think ill could befall our young hero but I expect something good from this. The mention of Ryan's height of 6'5" immediately brought to mind another who shares that height. Combine that with the story title and I have happy thoughts.

This is a nice read, the words and thoughts flow smoothly for me creating little vignettes in my head. I truly look forward to more.

Hi dugh.. yes I know.. I'm a sucker for tall men.

 

I'll have to do something different in my next story.. Actually, I don't think I mention height..

 

No I agree I never felt Sim was in any trouble really, it's life and good and bad things happen. This is more like Faris and James but with more twists and turns, rather than other stuff Ive written. There is more. The story is finished. It's just being edited now...

 

thank you for your support and time!!

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Oh, lucky, lucky Sim. Hope it all works out. I worry about Ryan, but then I look for black clouds inside every silver lining. Your descriptions and language fit this all perfectly. This is solidly written, highly engaging, and like everyone else, I want to see more.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 06:41 AM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, lucky, lucky Sim. Hope it all works out. I worry about Ryan, but then I look for black clouds inside every silver lining. Your descriptions and language fit this all perfectly. This is solidly written, highly engaging, and like everyone else, I want to see more.

Hi Parker, glad you enjoyed this. I had a good time writing it so something must be wrong!!! No really it's poetry that is usually sad, not stories as much. You worry about Ryan? Well maybe Sim is a little too trusting. We'll see.

 

Thanks for reading and for your kind comments.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Sim is such a flirt.. Player.. This was nice. The interaction between the friends kept me smiling.
Ryan sounds like an imposing guy. I guess given his size he might be, but he read a little dark, less playful more I want what I want. I think it was the scene in the bathroom.. I hope Sim will be okay..
Of course I want more..please.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am intrigued to read more :yes: ...and I am interested in wanting to know which way Sim's journey is headed :) ....you need to update soon :yes: ....oh and nice story TJ :hug:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 08:52 AM, Defiance19 said:

Sim is such a flirt.. Player.. This was nice. The interaction between the friends kept me smiling.

Ryan sounds like an imposing guy. I guess given his size he might be, but he read a little dark, less playful more I want what I want. I think it was the scene in the bathroom.. I hope Sim will be okay..

Of course I want more..please.

Hmmm interesting Def about Ryan. Not how it feels to me, but we'll see I guess. Chapter 2 is in editing...

Thank you so much for reading and your great comments.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 08:55 AM, Victor Gutte said:

I am intrigued to read more :yes: ...and I am interested in wanting to know which way Sim's journey is headed :) ....you need to update soon :yes: ....oh and nice story TJ :hug:

Victor, thank you for reading and leaving a comment. Chapter 2 is in editing right now. So hopefully soon.

 

Thank you, tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hungry bird stamp of approval ;)
A nice set up with some interesting people, looking forward to the next few chapters

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 10:19 AM, Bucket1 said:

Hungry bird stamp of approval ;)

A nice set up with some interesting people, looking forward to the next few chapters

He Bucket!! Thank you for your stamp of approval. I appreciate it. Let's hope it stays interesting.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Interesting characters, well written, with good flow. You have my curiosity going. There was an almost ominous note to the end, but maybe just a good warning that you never know what awaits you. Does Jack care more Sim than as a friend? I look forward to the next chapter... you had a really nice balance to this one... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/07/2015 12:49 PM, Headstall said:

Interesting characters, well written, with good flow. You have my curiosity going. There was an almost ominous note to the end, but maybe just a good warning that you never know what awaits you. Does Jack care more Sim than as a friend? I look forward to the next chapter... you had a really nice balance to this one... cheers... Gary...

Hi Gary...glad it worked and that your're curious. At the beginning Sim says he's at the bar with two ex but part time lovers and a friend, so Jack is one of the three.

 

thanks as always for all of your support Gary! It is appreciated, tim

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Great start. You have me interested. Sim doesn't seem to have any trouble finding company. I guess his only problem is choosing which one he wants lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ooh! I am intrigued by this story! :D I wanna learn more about Sim and see where it goes with Sim and Ryan :)

 

Out of the many things I love about your writing is how you describe people :) The way you bring them to life when you not only describe their physicality but also in their actions. :heart:

 

I gotta admit, I also found it funny, especially with the guy whipping his "little guy" out as he runs into the restroom :gikkle:

 

On to the next chapter! :D Thanks for this great story Tim :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/08/2015 02:36 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Ooh! I am intrigued by this story! :D I wanna learn more about Sim and see where it goes with Sim and Ryan :)

 

Out of the many things I love about your writing is how you describe people :) The way you bring them to life when you not only describe their physicality but also in their actions. :heart:

 

I gotta admit, I also found it funny, especially with the guy whipping his "little guy" out as he runs into the restroom :gikkle:

 

On to the next chapter! :D Thanks for this great story Tim :hug:

Hey Drew. Thanks. To me life is funny, sad, serious.. and I wondered what that poor guy would do if he was locked out of the toilet...

 

Thanks for your support Drew. I appreciate it!

 

tim

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/08/2015 07:35 AM, EagleIsaac said:

Great start. You have me interested. Sim doesn't seem to have any trouble finding company. I guess his only problem is choosing which one he wants lol

Isaac, sorry this is late. Sim is a nice guy, and hot. Spoiled for choice! Thanks for reading! It is appreciated.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Haha loved this. I can't say I'm really much for the whole several friends with benefits thing, but hey, if it makes them happy, then what the heck. lol. It looks like, just from the connection we've seen between Ryan and Sim so far, that Sim MAY have found someone he wants to explore a potentially deeper connection with. Or it could be a one time thing. Either way, sparks were flying ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/09/2015 02:53 AM, LitLover said:

Haha loved this. I can't say I'm really much for the whole several friends with benefits thing, but hey, if it makes them happy, then what the heck. lol. It looks like, just from the connection we've seen between Ryan and Sim so far, that Sim MAY have found someone he wants to explore a potentially deeper connection with. Or it could be a one time thing. Either way, sparks were flying ;)

Hi LitLover. In my life so far, I've seen love take lots of forms. Friends, groups of 3 or 4, sharing a life together, they are happy, and who are we to say what's ok for someone. That's my personal take. Homosexuality was one of those not all that long ago and we've come a long way. Sims a nice guy, he's got more adventures before he makes his final choice.

Thank you so much for your comments and your time. I sincerely appreciate it and your thoughts.

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I loved the internal monologue on Sim. It drew me into his character very quickly, and after reading for just a few lines, I already had a grasp on his personality.
I think this one is my favorite: I wanted to fall to my knees and pray to the Lords of Lust to make it so
The tone you set for this story fits the setting well. The language is smooth and casual, and you transition thoughts easily. Even with the constant interjection of Sim's thoughts, I didn't feel hampered at all while reading this.

I'm excited to see where it goes, and what Ryan has in store for Sim. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..