Jump to content
    Mr. J Writes
  • Author
  • 2,283 Words
  • 621 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fools Rush In - 3. Like a Wild Fire

span style="font-family:Georgia,serif;">“The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way.”
-Samuel Butler

Like a Wild Fire

“The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way.”

-Samuel Butler

CHAD

I slammed my car door shut as I parked in my drive way. I had left the Prudes house as fast as possible and had been stewing ever since I had left. The look I had made it clear for the usually in your face neighbor kids to stay away. A few of the kids playing next door ran inside when I looked over at them. After letting myself inside, I stomped up the stairs and slammed my door shut as well.

No one came though to see what was wrong. The house was completely silent like usual. No one would have come and checked even if they had been home. I threw myself backwards onto my bed and screamed. I was so angry at the stupid Prude.

“Who the hell does he think he is anyways? Telling me to do my own homework after nearly giving me a stroke. That kid is a piece of shit.” I yelled to my empty room.

I was still boiling with anger and I needed to punch something. My pillow received multiple blows as I tried to release some of my anger. It was all for not though, and I was still extremely angry.

I knew the only way to make myself feel better was to destroy the Prude. All I needed was a good rumor, something that I could start easily and would spread like a wild fire. I opened up my laptop and went to Twitter. I quickly went to some girl’s page that I knew gossiped like crazy and was on Twitter all day.

I typed out a private message that said, “Just saw Thaddeus sucking off a guy behind a dumpster. The Prude is a queer!”

Less than a minute later, a reply message came back saying, “WHAT!!! :O The Prude?!? I have to tell Stacy!!! She’ll never believe it!!! ”

The ball was rolling now and there was no going back. All I could think for the rest of the night was how happy I was with myself. His life was going to suck for sure now.

THADDEUS

The pain south of the equator was worth it in my mind. I might not ever be able to share that moment with my posterity because of it, but I didn’t care. Chad wasn’t going to try to pull any of the same nonsense again.

The smell of a dinner wafted into my bedroom. I forced myself to sit up from my bed, despite the considerable pain, and walked upstairs to the kitchen.

“Taddy, will you set the table for dinner?” she asked before I had even made my presence clear.

“Of course mother,” I replied as I walked to the hutch and pulled out four sets of plates.

“How did tutoring with… with…” she attempted.

The sauce she was stirring was temporarily forgotten as she moved one hand to her hip and the other to her chin. She was madly tapping her finger as she mumbled to herself.

I laughed a little and offered, “Chad.”

“Yes, of course, Chad. How did tutoring with Chad go? Did you get a lot done?” she said a she threw her arms up in the air as if she had known it all along.

“We weren’t able to get a single assignment done,” I answered as I grabbed the silverware.

“At least tell me you taught him something?” she asked as she stared me down. “I would hate for you to be wasting the schools money.”

My father walked in from work just moments earlier and he decided to add to the conversation.

“You better not be wasting the school’s money. The State Legislature hardly gives public education a dime as it is. If the Governor would pull his head out of his a—“

“Richard! This is hardly the time for political ranting. Now I was asking our son a question,” she reprimanded my father and then turned to me. “Continue.”

“Well I think Chad learned a very valuable lesson today,” I answered. “I just hope he remembers what I taught him.”

“Well good. Now go and grab your sister for dinner.” she commanded, wielding a wooden spoon.

* * *

I woke the next morning like I did on any school day. Except for a few sore body parts, I was certain the day was going to be a good one. I got ready like usual, but a phone call interrupted my morning routine. I hurriedly picked up the phone.

“Wilmot Residence. Thaddeus speaking,” I said as I answered the phone.

“Tad, its Nate. We need to talk. How close are you to being ready?” asked Nate on the other end.

“I’m almost ready, but what is this all about?” I asked confused.

“We’ll talk about when I get to your house. I’ll be there in two minutes,” he said as he hung up the phone.

I walked with Nate every morning but my friend had never once in his life come over early. It was quiet strange.

I hurriedly finished putting my books back into my backpack when I heard the doorbell ring. I bolted up the stairs and answered the door. When I opened up the door, to my surprise, Slosh and Nate were both standing there very solemnly. Slosh lived on the opposite side of town so he must have come way out of his way to get here this early.

“Please come inside. It’s freezing outside,” I said as I moved out of the way. “Could I interest either of you in some Toast?”

“I don’t think I could stomach any food right now,” said Nate.

“Me neither,” agreed Slosh.

“Why the long face you two?” I joked.

“Are your parents home Thaddeus?” Slosh asked.

“They leave for work before I go to school, why?” I asked, slightly confused.

“What about your sister?” he asked again.

“My parents drop her off early every morning at that fancy school downtown,” I answered even more confused now. “What’s going on you guys?”

“What do you mean what’s going on? How can you even say that,” spat Nate in a disgusted tone.

“What are you talking about?” I demanded.

“The whole school knows about your little ‘escapade’ behind the dumpsters yesterday. Why didn’t you tell us you’re gay? We are supposed to be your best friends,” Slosh demanded.

I looked between both of them completely shocked. I had no idea what they were talking about but I could tell both of them were completely serious. Slosh and Nate were both staring at me waiting for an answer.

“Nathan, Josh, you’ll pardon my French here, but what the hell are you talking about?” I asked as calmly as I could.

I even added in their real names to show them how seriously confused I was.

“Did you just swear?” asked Nate in complete surprise. “I’ve never heard you swear in your life!”

Slosh was looking at me with his mouth slightly agape.

“I sure as hell did and I want to know what the hell you are talking about?” I asked more forcefully this time.

Slosh finally asked, “Haven’t you heard what everyone’s been saying?”

“No. What?” I asked a little less upset now.

“Everyone is saying that someone saw you –ah how should I put this—‘servicing’ a guy behind a dumpster yesterday,” said Slosh with a look of embarrassment.

I was confused. I didn’t get what he was trying to say.

“What do you mean by servicing?” I asked suspiciously.

I was afraid I knew exactly what he meant, but I wanted to be sure.

“Let me try to put this lightly, the found you pulling a ‘Monica Lewinski’ per say.” he said, all the time avoiding eye contact.

I sat quietly for a few moments and then I started laughing hysterically. Slosh and Nate both looked at me quite confused.

“You guys really pulled the wool over my eyes. You had me going there for a moment,” I laughed. “To even think for a second, anyone could believe a rumor as crazy as that. There’s a reason people call me the Prude.”

“We aren’t messing with you Tad,” said Nate.

“Of course you aren’t. Now let’s get to school,” I continued to laugh.

“But we aren’t kidding!” pleaded Slosh.

“Sure, sure, whatever,” I said as I slung my backpack over my shoulder.

“Just remember when we get to school, we tried to warn you,” said Nate solemnly.

“It’s your grave,” added Slosh.

I shook my head and chuckled a little more as I lead the way out of my house. The rest of the 5 minute walk from my house to the school was silent. Nate and Slosh were hardly in the talking in the mood. I tried to ignore that fact though and I continued to try to laugh it off in my head.

As we got nearer the school, I began to think. What if they aren’t kidding? The idea was a silly one, but it was a possibility. If they weren’t lying, then what is school going to be like? Is everyone going to hate me? I continued to try to push these thoughts away. It was working quite well until we reached the school parking lot, where another student drove past us.

He yelled out “QUEER!” as he launched a half empty cup of coffee at my head.

My head was soaked, along with my shirt, with lukewarm coffee. I hated the smell of coffee and the taste even more. The bell was set to ring any moment for first period so we didn’t have time for me to go back and change.

I tried to stay positive, so I turned to my two friends and said, “I’m sure he thought I was someone else.”

“What world are you living in Tad? Everyone thinks you’re gay!” exclaimed Nate.

“Even if they do, I don’t care at all. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom to get this coffee out of my hair,” I said as I began walking.

I looked behind me and Nate and Slosh both gave me a concerned look as if they feared for my life. No one was going to bring me down though. I repeated the saying sticks and stones as I walked down a hallway filled with glares, laughs, and taunts all directed at me. Everyone seemed upset by the presence of an alleged gay person.

I pushed my way into the men’s room and to my relief found it empty. I began washing my hair, when the door opened a stout, burly kid entered. He closed the door and then turned the dead bolt. I knew I was in for trouble then. He walked right up behind me and then pulled his pants down.

“I heard you like blowing guys. How about you take care of me right now?” he said as he grabbed my arm and head.

I was not going to let that happen so I turned quickly and kneed him as hard as I could on his uncovered crotch. Instantly he let go of me and I ran to the door. The kid was lying on the ground in pain, so I unlocked the door and ran out as quickly as possible.

The taunting and jeering continued down the hall, accompanied by all manner of crude jesters and remarks. I had a friend in Mr. Smith, one of the History teachers, so I ran there as quickly as possible. He greeted me like usual but then he realized that I looked quite terrible.

“Why is your hair and shirt wet, Thaddeus?” he asked as I made my way to his desk.

“I don’t want to talk about it. I just need a friend right now.” I replied.

“Thaddeus are you sure—“ he started.

“I’m fine, I just want to be with a friend right now,” I interrupted.

We sat and talked for a few minutes about nothing important until the bell rang. I was actually starting to feel good enough to leave. I grabbed my bag and stood up but Mr. Smith stopped me.

“My third period today is my planning period. Stop by if you want or need to.”

“Thanks Mr. Smith,” I waved as I left the room.

I was actually feeling alright about life at this point again. I was a little upset, but life would continue to go on. A few people made remarks in the hall but most of the students were trying to get to class on time.

I sat down in English and began pulling out my notebooks. The rest of the class filed in and we began a discussion. Someone nearby though kept loudly whispering “fag” in my direction. I finally turned and realized it was Chad. He made a rude gesture with his finger and his mouth. A few kids around him began chuckling. Today was the first time I realized how much I hated the school’s policy that all athletes must have at least one honors class.

As I continued to hear chuckles, I realized something. Someone must have started the rumor. People only start rumors when they want to make someone else hurt. I had made Chad pretty angry the day before with the whole homework debacle. He was probably the creator of the rumor. In fact I was certain that he had to be the source of all this taunting.

I decided then and there that I hated and always would hate Chad Johnson.

Copyright © 2014 Mr. J Writes; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Poor Thaddeus and I have to say, "Chad is a loser and a dipshit." Two wrongs never make a right and he has wronged Thaddeus in one of the worst ways possible. I'm looking forward to see how you handle their relationship from this point forward. You've certainly laid some interesting groundwork. :) Good job :great::read:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..