Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Night's Delight - 3. Attack from Outside with Memories Within

I am startled from my troubled slumber when I hear the shrieks and sirens going off in the castle that I am placed in.

My neck is killing me from having to sleep half upright with the rope still connecting my wrists to the bedposts. I sit tense and ready while I hear men yelling and mini explosions going off. The castle must be under attack! This is my moment, the one where I can hopefully get free and away from Laurence and his deceitful army. It had been four days since my arrival and being caged with the werewolf prince, Erebus. Then, on the second day, Laurence had sexually assaulted me while I was weak. The day after had been interesting, because Laurence had not suspected that they would be under attack in a matter of time. Because of this, he had told me all of the secrets in his plot for power and how I had become a part of his scheme...

*  *  *

Laurence strolled in, his body posture languid and a smug look on his face. Cupping my chin in his hand, Laurence had smirked at my attempt at ripping my head away. "Tsk,tsk, and I had thought that we had already agreed on just letting go and being a good little pet."

The smug look transformed into a sneer and he smacked my face, then sat at the edge of the bed and looked at me."Listen closely, because you really don't have a choice in the matter, anyway. My ancestors, the legendary Nightbane, have been at war with the vampires since the beginning of time. As the King of the Nightbane's eldest son, it is my duty to keep my fathers defenses up against attacks and it is also my duty to serve him with not just my strength in numbers, but with my skill and intellectual capabilities."

Laurence stopped abruptly when he saw the crease in my forehead, showing that my thoughts were moving very quickly, then he grinned devilishly. " Yes, I bet that you are wondering how this has to do with you and your precious brother! Well now, we all know that Rider had become one of the worlds most accepted and followed King of the Vampires. I bet that you do not know this, but in a drunken state last year, Rider had given information as to your deal with the Devil. I then used that information to my advantage and sent one of my advisors to strike up my own bargain with him. I promised him that I would take on your part of the Devil's bargain, but on one condition, that he give you over to me."

By now my mind and stomach were churning with nausea and confusion. Why would he want me? Why was I so special? What kind of purpose did the Nightbane's want me to serve them?? I was snapped out of my revere by the soft laughter coming from Laurence. " I know, you are confused! That is because both your brother and your father lied to you. Your father was never the normal human that you thought him to be, he was indeed the offspring of a demon and an angel, born in at the chime of midnight and birthed half in the shadows and half in the sunlight. Laurence stopped now and reached out to caress my throat, an almost sadistically loving gesture that made me swallow nervously.

" Your father had both the powers captured from demon and angel spawn, which caused him to become a very powerful and very targeted man...or shall I say, beast." I started yelling at the asshole, my father was more heroic and loving than his, surely! But here he was, saying that my father was practically born from a twisted nursery rhyme and a beast, at that. I was promptly smacked across the face and pinned to the bed while Laurence snarled at me. " Listen! Your father ended up meeting your mystery mother, and even though he knew what would happen, he impregnated her and was born two sons. Your father tried to figure out which one of you was the demon/angel spawn, because only one of you boys could carry the same power and genes, but he actually discovered it when your brother became a vampire."

" As soon as your brother was bitten, if he had carried the demon/angel genetics of your father, he would have died. Instead, he became a very powerful vampire and was therefore not the carrier of the genetics between man and beast. You, on the other hand, remained his only other son and child, so you were therefore sent to testing where it came back positive, and your new title was the spawn of both angel and demon."

" Your father was killed shortly after that, murdered by one of my own people, and my best assassin. He could then protect you no longer and your brother, Rider, has set up walls and barriers around you so that no person, or creature, could harm you. Then, that fateful morning, when you denied his orders to be guarded by his own people, I got to capture you and here we are. Myself as the most powerful Nightbane to ever be born, and you as the powerful Legacy Spawn, the man and beast in which both demonic and angelic powers are held..."

*  *  *

Now I stare deeply into the dark spaces of the room, eyes squinting in order to spot anything out of the ordinary.

Not that I would be able to do anything for my own protection, with my hands being tied and not knowing how to use my, "powers." Just then a hand covers my mouth and pushes me back to the bed. I kick out with my feet and hear the satisfying "oomph," of someone getting the tail-end of my kick. Then a face appears above mine and I gasp. Erebus!

The familiar sight makes me dizzy with happiness, especially when he puts a finger to his lips and goes behind me to untie my bindings. When finished, Erebus nods to me and throws a long cloak at me, presumably one stolen from some mans chambers. I slip it on hurriedly and then start to stand, but the abuse that Laurence has dealt to my body over the past few days is too much and I sag against Erebus. He throws his arm around my waist and practically lifts me up off of the floor and drags me to the corridor where four other were's surround us. Dragging me along with them, Erebus helps me escape with them while whispering about how he somehow contacted his people to come and rescue us.

The way he says "us," makes me get mysteriously good chills and Erebus notices, rubbing his hands up and down my arms, which doesn't help. Just then we burst outside and escape out a door to the waiting woods, and that is where I start lagging behind, tired and deprived of warmth, real clothing, and food. Erebus notices and actually picks me up before jogging with his men into the woods where they stop after a while.I watch with wide eyes as the men start to strip and then fall to the ground, changing into wolf form. Beautiful wolves of all shapes and sizes change, some with reddish fur and others with pitch black fur. Erebus sets me down and asks me to stay calm and climb onto his wolf form after he changes, that way we can move faster and stealthier away from the castle.

Erebus starts to change also, and I watch in embarrassment and then fascination. Erebus rips off his clothing and I get to see the hugely muscular, tall, and toned body which I last saw captured in a cell. Here, in all his glory, the man is amazing with his dark hair and eyes and his tan body. Then I am looking straight into the eyes of the largest wolf out of the pack, muscles rippling under hair blacker than a ravens and dark eyes staring straight into my soul.

The wolf, Erebus, barks gruffly at me, as if to get a move on, and I struggle enough so that I am soon seated upon an amazing beast with my hands clutching his furry ruff. Erebus signals the pack and they all start darting through the trees, lithe and powerful with the moonlight pouring down their backs and their expressions showing their delight in the night. I realize soon enough that I am naked aside from the long cloak, and my bare buttocks and genitals brush the wolf Erebus's back.

I swallow thickly and pray that he does not notice the way that this is affecting me. Halfway through the ride, my mind starts to get dizzy and exhausted, even though I am not the one running. My limbs tingle until they fall asleep and I feel my body turning to jelly and shutting down. My eyelids flutter and my grip slackens on the wolf's fur below me.

The last thing that I see is Erebus's wolf eyes staring into my own with a look of deep concern, and then I fall off and black out...

Thanks for reading and I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter, there will be more excitement and passion in the next chapters which will be coming very soon! :)
Copyright 2012 MuddyRiverGirl; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..