Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Night's Delight - 5. Changing Into Something New

Tom took off in the form of a golden wolf, running at speeds that no human could catch up to.
“Fuck!” I couldn’t help but swear, I was now left alone in the woods with absolutely no clue on how to get back to camp. I started to sprint in the direction of where Tom went when I heard a twig snap loudly in the silent morning.

I froze and shut my eyes, listening for any little sign. I heard some scuffling and then someone kick aside some branches, swearing hotly all the while. “That damn little bitch will get his fill of me, I tell you! That little fucking prick, escaping with the damn wolves.”

I sucked in a quick breath, my heart picking up speed and my stomach quivering. Laurence’s voice was projected just as clear as day towards me. I quickly started to pick my way in the other direction and pranced around twigs and other dangerous items, treating the forest floor as if I was stepping on landmines. I could hear their footsteps getting closer, as if my every step forward was two for them. “Damn it! Think Ben, think!” Then it hit me like a truck, head on.

“I can use my powers.” I didn’t know where it came from, but then I felt a swelling in my chest and a fire burning in my gut; hot embers that had to be blown on. The heart spread from my chest towards my arms and legs, and then tingled down to my fingers and toes.

A searing pain in my back made me cry out and I fell forward, putting my palms out and catching myself on the trunk of moss-covered tree. “I hear him!” “Well, go get him you daft fool!”
The words were yelled out and I struggled to stand, but every time I got close to standing all the way up, then I would just double over in agony. The heat had turned into a white hot fire and was channeling through my core to a spot right between my shoulder blades.

That is when the taste of copper filled my mouth. As I licked at my lips, I realized that two good sized fangs had curved out of the top of my mouth, like miniature tusks. With a shuddering feeling, I spit the blood from my mouth and whipped around, baring my teeth, at a sound in the woods.

“Holy fucking shit! ...LAURENCE!” The man that stood in front of me had a lithe body and a small tranquilizer gun. I saw a spot spreading in the front of the man’s pants and I realized that the guy had just pissed himself from seeing me.

I grinned at the guy and easily strode over, almost a blur with the speed of my movement, and smacked the small toy from his grasp. The guy went to his knees sobbing and begging me to let him go, that he had a small family of children and a wife to go back to. I just crushed the weapon in my hands and walked around the clump of trees, watching Laurence pick his way to us.

“Did you get him you bloody fool? I told you he was an easy shot...” I watched with satisfaction as Laurence looked up and all the color drained from his face. His body started to shake and a groaning sound erupted from him. I realized that I was staring at him intently, and that I was the one who was making his brain hurt. Laurence fell to the ground and started to sob and whimper, clutching his head and moaning softly, his shaking always increasing.

Then, when I realized how to stop what I was doing, I was horrified by the sight of blood streaming from his ears and nose. I took a few steps towards him, feeling bad for what I had done, but not knowing what to do. Then Laurence let out a shrill shriek and charged at me, whipping out a silver sword and brandishing it at me with a cruel sneer upon his face.

“Come at me you freak!” Laurence yelled out the words and kept coming, swiping a glancing strike my arm. In my shock, I hadn’t moved fast enough and the blade just nicked my bicep before I moved.

I bellowed in shock and pain, then leap towards him, feeling my new fangs extending towards his throat. “Go for the kill!” One part of my body yelled at me to slice him to shreds right then and there, but the other part of me wanted to do the right thing and just teach him a lesson and let him go. “Which side should I listen to? Dark or light?” I was horrified at this choice. I was not a beast!

Laurence came at me again and I blocked his attack, kicking out my leg and catching him on the chest, and pushed at him until he was just a blur and his back hit against a tree and made the wood groan. I crouched down, waiting for his next attack, but then realized that he wasn’t getting up. I walked over and noticed that his neck was bent at a funny angle and then the horror struck.

“I had just killed one of the most powerful vampires ever.” Yes, in war I had killed many people, but not to this degree, or in these conditions. The weight of it all fell on me heavily and I staggered to my side and dropped to my knees.

I heard paws hitting the ground in quickly soft thuds, then the whole pack broke into the clearing. Erebus walked over to me and I heard him gasp. He quickly recovered though, resting a hand on my shoudler and telling me to rise, that he knew that it would be hard, but that it had to be done. And then he told me to come with, that he needed to show me something.

So I went with him.

img alt=":2thumbs:" src="http://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsupsmileyanim.gif" title=":2thumbs:" /> Thank you all SO MUCH for reading and being so supportive! Please comment, like, and follow! :hug:
Copyright 2012 MuddyRiverGirl; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

NIcely done. You've a lovely hand with action. I am enjoying this and would like to see more. I do wish the chapters were a bit longer but that is me wanting my cake and what not. Great job!

Link to comment
On 10/01/2012 11:03 AM, Carrie76 said:
NIcely done. You've a lovely hand with action. I am enjoying this and would like to see more. I do wish the chapters were a bit longer but that is me wanting my cake and what not. Great job!
Thank you! My next chapter, which will be posting Wednesday, has more text to it, too! ...And some special surprises and action in store for our characters! :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..