Jump to content
    Myr
    • Classic Author
  • 5,217 Words
  • 6,990 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
Disclaimer:  All recognized characters and plot elements belong to J.K. Rowling. Everything else belongs to me.
  • This starts at the end of book 4 (Goblet of Fire) and is an alternate universe to book 5-7.
  • There are spoilers from all published books, including Deathly Hollows.

Harry Potter and the Parliament of Dreams - 3. The Ancient and Most Noble House of Black

The afternoon in Ron’s attic room passed quietly. Colin and Dennis eventually fell asleep, although Dennis had climbed into the cot with Colin. Harry slept deeply the whole time, having used far more energy than he was accustomed to using. Ron drifted in and out of sleep, listening to the other boys in the room whenever he was awake.

Ron was the only one truly awake when George appeared in the doorway. His red head popped into the room from around the door and looked right at Ron.

“Mum says to wake them up, so she can get some food into them,” George said quietly as he came slowly into the room.

Ron nodded and got out of bed, heading for Harry. George made his way over to Colin and his brother. George very gently shook Colin’s shoulder, causing him to pop his eyes open. The look of pain that crossed Colin’s face touched George deep in his heart. The normally jovial twin had a look of sincere compassion on his face when he gestured it was time for Colin to get up. He couldn’t bring himself to talk at the moment.

Ron had managed to wake up Harry. He looked utterly helpless, with his jet-black hair all over the place. The emotional pain that was visible on Harry’s face was starting to tear Ron up inside. Ron pulled Harry into a hug and held him for a few moments. Harry remained rigid for a second before relaxing completely into Ron’s embrace.

“It’ll be okay Harry, I’ll be with you mate,” Ron whispered confidently.

Harry smiled briefly for his friend. Together they went down the stairs, leaving George with Colin and Dennis.

As soon as he got downstairs, Mrs. Weasley pulled him into a tight hug.

“Fred told me what happened, Harry. I’m very proud of you,” Molly stated with a serious look on her face.

“I just did what I thought was right, ma'am,” Harry replied quietly.

“I know lad. I’m proud that you know what is right,” Molly stated firmly.

Harry blushed.

“Now you’ve embarrassed him again,” Ron interjected with frustration.

Molly rounded on Ron, “I’m very proud of you too, my youngest boy.”

Ron blushed then too, further retorts dying on his lips.

“Now,” Molly said as she gathered the boys up, “it is time to put some good food into you."

After having her say, she sat both boys side-by-side and shuffled away to collect her next pair of boys. The Creevey boys were seated across from Ron and Harry. The twins, Percy, and Ginny arrived next. They all sat down and dinner commenced. Arthur Weasley had returned to the office to help with the cleanup.

The whole atmosphere was very somber while they ate. Harry got more and more restless as he picked at his food. Colin and Dennis weren’t much better off. After only fifteen minutes, Harry excused himself and went outside. Colin and Dennis got up too, but went back upstairs.

Molly looked at Ron and tilted her head towards the door that Harry went out. Ron nodded, got up and followed Harry outside. Fred and George got up of their own accord and went upstairs to find Colin and Dennis.

Ron found Harry a few moments later sitting on a large rock next to the garden.

Harry was staring out into the night and gave no indication that he noticed Ron appear. Ron stayed quiet, watching his friend.

*  *  *  *

Draco’s evening was a little different from usual. Instead of sitting in his bed and reading, he was standing in the giant window that graced his room. The window overlooked the great expanse of land that made up the rear of Malfoy Manor. Draco was feeling drawn to the night. He turned and flicked his wand, causing all the lights to go out, putting him into darkness.

The only light in the room was now coming from the almost full moon. The light cast on Draco made him look sinister and pale.

“The choice is coming. Soon. Choose wisely, or we will both regret it,” echoed in his head.

‘I’ve already made my choice, haven’t I?’ Draco thought to himself.

‘Or, I’m I supposed to play nice with Potter?’ he asked himself.

He didn’t have an answer, but staring into the bright moon made him more relaxed.

*  *  *  *

Harry watched the moon rise, wondering what he had to do, wondering how he could be normal.

Ron stood quietly for nearly an hour, displaying more patience than he ever had. As he watched, Harry seemed to relax in the moonlight. He finally stepped forward and gently laid his hand on Harry’s shoulder. Harry didn’t jump, or otherwise move.

“Thanks for being out here with me Ron, and thanks for giving me the time,” Harry said quietly.

Ron blinked in surprise, “You’re welcome. Are you okay mate?”

“I will be, I think. There is just so much going on. Something about what happened earlier today has had me thinking. I think I need to discuss something with you,” Harry said somberly.

“Anything Harry. You are my best friend and nothing is going to change that,” Ron stated firmly.

“I hope not. Earlier today, when Dennis hugged me, I liked it. A lot,” Harry whispered.

“Oh. OH! I thought you were interested in Cho?” Ron replied confusedly.

“I’ve thought about boys, but I’ve never really moved beyond that. I really do think I’m gay, though Ron,” Harry said a little more firmly.

“All right then,” Ron said.

“It doesn’t bother you?” Harry asked incredulously.

“Of course not Harry! That is a muggle issue. There have been many great gay witches and wizards. There are even rumors about Headmaster Dumbledore,” Ron said smiling.

“You’re sure it doesn’t bother you?” Harry asked again.

“No. I hope you aren’t attracted to me though,” Ron said lifting his eyebrows, “I kind of like Hermione.”

Harry laughed, “She’s all yours mate!”

“Good,” Ron replied with a shit-eating grin on his face.

“What was it you said about Dumbledore?” Harry asked suddenly as Ron was turning to go back inside.

“Rumor has it that Albus Dumbledore is gay. He is the most powerful wizard of our age and no one seems to mind him being gay.”

“I wonder why I never heard that,” Harry pondered.

“It is probably because he is so old that no one cares,” Ron giggled.

Harry swatted him in the arm.

Harry stood up and they walked together inside, Harry’s demeanor improved. They walked straight to their shared room. Colin and Dennis were already settled in to Colin’s bed. Both of them were sleeping. Ron smiled at Harry and Harry returned it. They went to their separate beds without further words.

*  *  *  *

The next day started early for Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Arthur Apparated to work a little before seven. Mrs. Weasley went straight to the kitchen to start preparing the massive breakfast that would be required to feed all the teenagers at The Burrow. She was surprised when several owls arrived at her window at once. She let them in and took off the letters and sent them on their way with an owl treat each.

One of the items that arrived was a copy of the Daily Prophet. There was also a letter from her husband and one from Professor Dumbledore.

She read the brief note from Arthur first. “Molly, please check the second main story in the Daily Prophet. I’m off to a meeting to discuss it. It does look like it is a go. Rita Skeeter apparently bombarded Cornelius at home last night with an advanced copy of the article. Love Arthur.”

She opened the Daily Prophet and saw the headline. “Death Eaters Attack Diagon Alley!”

She looked down to the bottom of the page and looked at the next biggest headline, “Boy Who Lived Saves Lives: To be Awarded Order of Merlin Third Class.”

Boy Who Lived Saves Lives: To be Awarded Order of Merlin Third Class
by Rita Skeeter

Harry Potter defended three boys’ lives yesterday with the help of Ronald Weasley, son of Arthur Weasley of the Ministry of Magic. Both boys managed to capture one Death Eater and to kill two others while defending Justin Finch-Fletchley, Colin and Dennis Creevey. The Daily Prophet would like to offer its sincerest condolences to both Creevey boys on the loss of their father in the attack in The Leaky Cauldron.

This reporter talked personally to Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic last evening. He has agreed to push forward a resolution to award both Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley the Order of Merlin Third Class for their outstanding bravery and heroics in defending their fellow students. If the resolution passes as expected, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley will be the youngest Wizards in history to be awarded this prestigious honor.

Molly dropped the paper in surprise. Her youngest son was going to get the Order of Merlin Third class at fifteen! And so was a boy that she loved just as much as her own children. She was never more proud of Ron in his whole life.

She remembered she had a letter from Professor Dumbledore so she picked that up next.

Dear Molly,

I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking in Harry Potter and the Creevey boys. As Arthur has no doubt told you, the two Creeveys have no family left to speak of. Would you consider adopting both boys? I know it is a great responsibility and a great burden for a family of nine, but I can think of no better mother and father than you and Arthur. I also ask that you keep Harry Potter with you for the rest of the summer. I’ve already made arrangements with Gringotts to transfer a small amount of money to your family account. This money is not charity. It is to offset the expenses involved with clothing and feeding three additional mouths. Thank you for considering the matter of the boys and please get back to me after you discuss the matter thoroughly with Arthur.

Your friend with love,

Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

P.S. Congratulations to you and yours for Ronald’s pending Order of Merlin Third Class. I know you are proud of him, as am I.

Molly reread the letter twice as tears trickled down her face. Of course she would take in the lovely boys. Was there any other option, truly? It broke her heart to see those boys in pain.

Dear Albus,

Arthur mentioned the possibility last night and I agreed immediately. We feel that it would be best to deal with the paperwork and discuss the possibilities with the proper authorities before we approach the boys with the offer. I wouldn’t want to raise false hopes with any of them by offering a family and new home, only to have the government deny the possibility.

Thank you very much for your help with getting Ron his Order of Merlin. I know you sit on the Committee and I can’t tell you how much it means to Arthur and me. Ron hasn’t been told yet (nor Harry), but I’m sure he’ll be quite proud, as it is something that he can truly call his own. I realize how hard it is on him being the youngest of six brothers and this may be just the thing to increase his confidence.

With love,

Molly Weasley.

As soon as she finished the letter she went looking for an owl to deliver it. Harry’s snowy white owl Hedwig sensed her intentions and immediately stuck out her leg, looking forward to having a delivery.

“Thank you Hedwig,” Molly said to her, scratching behind her ear tufts.

Hedwig hooted throatily in appreciation.

“Bring this to Albus Dumbledore at Hogwarts please, deary,” she told the owl.

Hedwig hooted and then soared out of the open living room window.

*  *  *  *

Harry woke up around eight A.M. to stirring in the room. Dennis was awake and was shaking his brother in attempt to wake him up as well. Ron slept on unaware.

Harry got out of bed and stumbled towards the bathroom. After five steps forward, he turned around and got his glasses. He then went to the bathroom. When he was complete with his necessary business in the bathroom, he walked silently down the stairs and made his way to the kitchen.

“Good morning dear,” Mrs. Weasley greeted him. “What would you like for breakfast?”

“Toast and bacon please,” Harry replied as his eyes drifted over what was available.

“Coming right up. Have a seat at the table,” she told him cheerfully.

Harry sat down as Dennis and Colin drifted silently into the room. The boys sat down on either side of Harry. Mrs. Weasley looked surprised as she set Harry’s food in front of him, as she didn’t hear the boys enter.

“What would you boys like to eat?” she asked.

“A little of everything please?” Colin asked shyly.

“You sound just like my Fred,” Mrs. Weasley chortled.

“I’d like some eggs and bacon if you don’t mind,” Dennis piped up.

“Of course dear,” Molly smiled kindly at him.

Harry finished his breakfast fairly quickly and excused himself from the table. He wandered into the living room and dropped down on the center of the couch. A few minutes later Colin came in and dropped into the seat next to him.

Colin stared forlornly at the wall and he started to sob pitifully after a few minutes of silence. Harry wasn’t sure what to do so he pulled the other boy into him. Colin moved willingly and curled up into Harry. Harry wrapped his arms around Colin and rocked slowly back and forth, understanding the other boy’s pain.

Harry drifted off to sleep awhile later when Colin had quieted down and done the same.

Several hours later, Harry woke up to find himself stretched out on the couch gently rubbing against another warm body. There was a light blanket covering them both. He opened his eyes and recognized the back of Colin’s head and he froze in shock.

Colin mumbled and pressed himself backwards against Harry’s arousal quite insistently. Harry moved his center section away from Colin again only to have Colin stir.

“What’s going on Harry?” he mumbled quietly.

“Nothing,” Harry squeaked.

Colin pressed back into Harry again and Harry whimpered quietly.

Colin leaned forward and then turned around to face Harry. Harry looked down to see Colin’s pants tented in front and he blushed.

Colin took Harry’s hand gently and smiled saying, “It’s okay Harry. There was no harm done. We were just enjoying each other’s company.”

“Are you… I mean do you like… other lads?” Harry asked quietly.

Colin looked at Harry closely, “I do.”

“So do I, though I’ve never been interested in any in particular,” Harry replied blushing.

“Like I said Harry, we were just comforting one another. What happened when we were sleeping is natural for us. There was no harm done,” Colin smiled tentatively.

Harry squeezed his hand, “Right. There was no harm done.”

“Shall we go find Ron and talk Quidditch then?”

“Good idea,” Harry replied, looking relieved.

*  *  *  *

Sirius Black paced back and forth in front of the portrait of his unlamented mother, Walburga Black, at his ancestral home of number twelve Grimmauld Place.

“Filthy blood traitor! Leave this house at once!” the portrait screamed.

“I just wanted you to know what I was planning on doing,” Sirius said, giving the portrait an evil smirk.

“What?” his hag of a mother demanded.

“I am going to adopt Harry Potter as my son and magical heir.”

“You foreswore the use of dark magic,” she replied calmer than she had ever been, a calculating gleam in her yellowed eyes.

Sirius was caught by surprise. “This pleases you? Harry Potter, the destroyer of Lord Voldemort?”

“He is a powerful half-blood. The magic you would perform would drive that taint from him,” she replied calculatingly.

“The boy will never be dark,” Sirius told his mother’s portrait with no small amount of satisfaction.

“I will settle for gray. You are doing this to give him more power?”

“I am.”

“He is to destroy the Dark Lord once again?”

“He will.”

“I will allow this because the Dark Lord destroyed the only son I ever loved. Regulas Arcturus Black. My boy.”

“I told you this to displease you. I never imagined you’d want it,” Sirius complained bitterly.

“This boy can speak to snakes?”

“Yes.”

“With the adoption and that skill available to him, he will be able to access the other family vault.”

“What?” Sirius asked alarmed.

“I will explain to the boy in exchange for a promise.”

“What do you want?”

“We supported the Dark Lord because he promised he’d bring back the old ways and allow Dark Magic to be practiced without fear of retribution. I want this Harry Potter to work towards allowing Gray Magic.”

“I’ll leave that decision to him.”

“Do your ritual,” Walburga demanded, waving her hand.

Sirius walked away shaking his head.

*  *  *  *

Professor Albus Dumbledore arrived just before lunch.

“Molly, it is good to see you. I need to bring Harry to see his Godfather.”

Molly looked alarmed, “Are you sure it is safe?”

“I will safely see him to his Godfather and his Godfather will bring him back here when they are done.”

“You aren’t staying?”

“Sirius has requested that he be able to fulfill the Potters’ Will.”

“What is in the Potters’ Will?”

“That is between Harry and his Godfather, I’m afraid.”

“He’ll be coming back here after?”

“Yes, though it may be tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

Harry arrived in the kitchen at that moment.

“Harry, my boy, it is good to see you. I’m here to bring you to Sirius.”

“I’m going to see Sirius?” Harry asked excitedly.

“Yes. Read this and then give it back to me.”

Harry read to himself, ‘the Order of the Phoenix is at number twelve Grimmauld Place.’ Harry then handed the little slip of paper back to Dumbledore.

“Are you ready?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Then grab this,” holding out a teacup. As soon as Harry was holding it, Albus said “Portus.”

Harry felt the familiar pull of the portkey behind his navel and they disappeared together.

They arrived in a little alley and Dumbledore walked him out. Together they walked up to a little door marked number twelve. It was clearly a wizard dwelling crammed between two muggle ones, “Only members of the Order of the Phoenix can see the building. It is protected by a Secret Keeper.”

“Sirius is here?”

“Yes. This is where he grew up.”

“Cool!”

“We need to clean the place up a bit,” Dumbledore said as they walked in.

“Harry!” Sirius yelled as he bound up and grabbed Harry in a bear hug.

“Have him back to the Burrow by tomorrow morning at the latest Sirius,” Dumbledore said somewhat firmly.

“I will.”

“Farewell to both of you then,” Dumbledore said, leaving the two of them alone.

“I am going to complete your parents last Will and Testament, if you want Harry. It is an ancient ritual blood magic that by today’s standards would be considered rather dark. But your parents wanted me to do it, if something ever happened to them to give you one more tool towards surviving.”

“What is it?”

“Adoption. It would make you Harry James Potter-Black. You would become the true blood heir of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black.”

“It will give you a power boost and perhaps a gift or two.”

“My parents wanted this?”

“They knew that You Know Who was after you and they thought that if they died this would be another shot for you to beat him.”

“If you think I should, then I trust you Sirius,” Harry said, completely open.

Sirius froze for a moment, not used to such total trust. “I think it is best Harry. It is going to be an unpleasant evening though. Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

*  *  *  *

Blood adoption, like any of the darker magics involving blood, was a ritual. As part of a ritual, the participants had to go through ritual cleansing. Several potions were used and several different types of incense were burned. It took several hours.

When all was ready, Sirius and Harry stood side by side in the House of Black Ritual Room. They both stood inside of the ceremonial circle drawn on the floor with chalk and other ingredients Harry didn’t quite recognize.

Sirius looked deeply into Harry’s eyes and Harry nodded his consent. Sirius brought the knife he was holding up so that it was between them. He slit it across his palm and Harry did so right after. They joined their hands and said together, “Cognatus Adoptio Nobilis.”

Both Harry and Sirius crashed where they were as the magic took hold and melded the two families, making Harry a member of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black.

Early the next morning, Harry groggily came awake. Sirius was stirring as well.

“Are you okay cub?” Sirius asked.

“Yeah. I’m feeling a little inside out, but it is not anything I haven’t survived before.”

“Yeah, that sounds like a normal side effect of the spell, from what I read.”

“Is there anything I need to be aware of?”

“If you sign any magical contracts you’ll find that you’ll have to add the Black to your name. Other than that, you shouldn’t really have any other effects until you come of age. When you do start to come of age, and at fifteen, you’re close, you will have more powerful surges of magic than you would have had without the adoption.”

“Why is that?” Harry asked.

“You are now the Lord Black, magically and legally. Since I was struck from the family tree and because I’m a fugitive, I cannot claim my rights to the Lordship. Now that you are my son by adoption, you can claim that right.”

“What does it mean though? I’ve never really heard of Lords beyond the Muggle sense.”

“Same thing, really. Wizard Lords are simple Lords from before the Muggle and Magical worlds were split. Given the traditional nature of our society, that carries a heavy weight, even and perhaps especially for the pure bloods. In case no one has informed you, you as the Potter heir have a seat on both the Wizengamot and the Hogwarts Board of Governors. Further, as the new Lord Black, you have an additional seat on each. The Black representatives should be removed immediately, as they are fanatical blood purists, no doubt. Replace them with some people that are more tolerant.”

“How would I go about doing that?” Harry asked feeling somewhat confused.

“I would suggest talking to the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot and asking him?”

“Who is the Chief Warlock?” Harry asked, still confused.

“Dumbles, of course,” Sirius replied sticking his tongue out.

“Okay. I never realized that was buried in all his various titles.”

“Dumbledore wanted me back at The Burrow as early as possible today, right?”

“Yes, and I’m not inclined to argue with him. You’ll need your rest today and it would be best if you did so there. It is still way too cluttered to be very healthy here. I’m hoping to get some cleaning done to make the Headquarters a bit more usable. There is one more thing I need to do before we leave.”

“What’s that?”

“Come with me,” Sirius replied.

Sirius lead the two of them to an office area. Off the top of the desk, he picked up a small engraved case made of black walnut, polished to a mirror like shine.

“Only a Black can pick this up,” he opened it and inside was a very ornate ring.

The ring had a gemstone of black spinel1. It was set in a gold ring and adorned with the Black Family Crest. The words “Toujours pur” were engraved across the bottom. Two greyhounds stood on either side of the shield.

“This is for me?” Harry asked, feeling somewhat awed by the ring.

“You are the Lord Black now. You should wear it. It ought to give more than a few pure bloods a large enough shock to actually kill one or two,” Sirius said with a sneer.

Harry smiled and put the ring on, the magic making it form to his hand perfectly, and locking it in place. “Hey, this thing won’t come off.”

“It’s there for good Harry. It has a lot of protections weaved into it that will help protect you in part.”

“You could have warned me.”

“I didn’t know. I was never allowed to touch the ring.”

“Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

“Okay. We will return to the Burrow via the Floo. The Floo connection here is one way. The Burrow is one of the few places you can go from here.”

Sirius cast a quick glamour giving him red hair. “This is case someone else is around. They’ll just assume I’m a cousin, with the red hair.”

Harry giggled, knowing it was the truth.

Sirius gestured and Harry grabbed a handful of the floo powder, tossed it in the fire, called out “The Burrow” and stepped in.

Harry arrived in the Burrow to find people scrambling around. Sirius arrived moments later.

“What is going on?” Harry asked.

There was a resounding crash that shook the house like it was a minor earthquake.

“There are Death Eaters at the wards!” Ron shouted, as he grabbed a hold of Harry and dragged him towards the backdoor.

“They arrived only a minute before you did. We’ve got a call out for help, but I don’t think they’ll make it in time,” George shouted. He shrunk down a trunk full of stuff.

Fred was likewise shrinking and packing important items.

Ginny ran by with her own trunk.

Molly Weasley came in and herded all the kids towards the backyard. The wards were thickest back there to allow the family time to escape in an emergency.

Sirius, his extensive training kicking in, cast a powerful shield charm on Harry and Ron, the two closest to him and then one on himself. That charmed dissolved the light glamour he had used to change his hair color.

The Burrow was located by itself, well away from the neighbors, so no one would notice the ten or so men in Death Eaters garb. The wards around the Burrow continued to flare as they tried to repel the Death Eaters and protect the family. They were not going to last must longer though.

Dumbledore had arranged for an emergency portkey to bring the family to Hogwarts if they were in trouble. This certainly qualified.

Fred grabbed a hold of Collin and Apparated. George grabbed a hold of Dennis and Apparated shortly after.

Ron and Harry caught up with Ginny who had all the trunks shrunk and was standing with Molly. There was a tremendous explosion of sound and light as the wards finally gave way. The Death Eaters made straight for the back of the house where they all were. Sirius stepped into view from the side of the house and started firing spells rapidly from his wand. Three Death Eaters were down before they could react.

Sirius was clearly glad to be out in the open firing spells. He had been on the run and cooped up too long. It probably affected his judgment on just what he should be doing. He had just taken down his fifth Death Eater when he got hit with a cutting curse on his off hand. The blood spurted everywhere.

Harry saw this and screamed in anger. He was shocked when he saw the green light of the death curse fire from Sirius and hit the man that had cut him. The man dropped silently.

There was only four left when one of the Death Eaters dropped her hood and screamed like a Banshee at Sirius. “Cousin, what an unexpected pleasure!”

“Why can’t you just be a good bitch and die Bellatrix?!” Sirius yelled back.

“You first, blood traitor!”

They cast at the same time. Bellatrix managed to dive out of the way, but Sirius was hit. There was a look of surprise on his face as he collapsed to the ground dead.

A surge of magical power leaped from Sirius’s fallen form and hit Harry near the ring on his finger. The ring first and then Harry glowed a bright gray before fading to a light devouring black. A powerful shield appeared around the Weasleys while Molly scrambled to get everyone to hold on to the portkey. Harry was screaming hysterically with the loss of Sirius and the surge of powerful magic that he had felt.

Harry was still screaming moments later when Molly triggered the portkey.

When they arrived outside the gates of Hogwarts, Molly stunned the hysterical Harry. Fred, George, Collin, and Dennis stood in shock as Molly levitated Harry and ordered everyone to go up to the castle in a tone the brooked no argument.

*  *  *  *

Dumbledore had everyone gather in the Great Hall, except Molly, who was with him in the Hospital Wing visiting Harry Potter. Harry was laid out in a bed and was dreadfully pale. Poppy was clucking her tongue about his current state.

“Albus, his magic is in severe flux right now.”

“Yes. The timing of all this could not have been worse for Harry. Sirius Black performed a blood adoption of him last night, complying with James and Lily’s last wish. They were hoping to give the boy some extra help in the fight against Voldemort. With Sirius dying only hours after the ritual, Harry’s body has not had time enough to adapt to the new arrangement. Add into that, he is now the sole surviving male Black, he is getting his magical heritance from the House of Black and that will probably trigger his Potter heritance too.”

“The poor dear,” Poppy suddenly became a lot more protective than usual.

“It is going to take time. I’m moving all the Weasleys to Headquarters. I will keep Harry here for a few days. It would probably be best if we keep him sedated during this process.”

“Of course, Albus.”

“Let me know if there are any changes.”

“I will.”

Albus left and took the long walk to the Great Hall. All the Weasleys were there along with the Creevey brothers.

“Harry is suffering some side effects of magical backlash. He will be staying here for now. Everyone else is moving to the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. I already have members retrieving items from The Burrow. It will not be safe to return for some time. Now, I need everyone to come to me one at a time so that I can show you the secret location of the Headquarters.”

Once everyone knew the location, Albus used another portkey to bring them there. It was quite a crowd, but everyone made due. They were all worried about Harry.

1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinelgem.JPG
© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; All recognized characters and the world of Harry Potter belong to J.K. Rowling and her publishers. Everything else is mine. Copyright ©2011
  • Like 17
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

An honor to be the first to review a great addition to this story. Too bad JKR never thought of some of these concepts ... This story is far more complex and moving than the original.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/16/2011 08:54 AM, AndyM said:
An honor to be the first to review a great addition to this story. Too bad JKR never thought of some of these concepts ... This story is far more complex and moving than the original.
thanks so much for you reviews Andy!
Link to comment

All the magical turmoil and epical fighting almost drowned the fact that Harry was getting in touch with his gay side. Well that must have been the smallest of his problems at the time. You can make the action parts flow so easily. Also the sadness and comfort between the boys felt believable. But Sirius died already, :( My favorite characters in the originals were Sirius Black, Severus Snape and Draco with C :D . Gonna be interesting to see where you lead this story!

 

 

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/20/2011 09:26 PM, Marzipan said:
All the magical turmoil and epical fighting almost drowned the fact that Harry was getting in touch with his gay side. Well that must have been the smallest of his problems at the time. You can make the action parts flow so easily. Also the sadness and comfort between the boys felt believable. But Sirius died already, :( My favorite characters in the originals were Sirius Black, Severus Snape and Draco with C :D . Gonna be interesting to see where you lead this story!

 

Thanks! I get so into the action, I have no idea where I'm going with it when I'm writing until it's there.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..