Jump to content
    Myr
    • Classic Author
  • 5,276 Words
  • 4,990 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
Disclaimer:  All recognized characters and plot elements belong to J.K. Rowling. Everything else belongs to me.
  • This starts at the end of book 4 (Goblet of Fire) and is an alternate universe to book 5-7.
  • There are spoilers from all published books, including Deathly Hollows.

Harry Potter and the Parliament of Dreams - 24. The Boy Who Lived… Again?

The Daily Prophet Special Edition
Saturday, October 28, 1995
The Boy Who Lived… Again?

Today at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, was struck with the Killing Curse after successfully catching the Golden Snitch in an Interhouse Quidditch game. The Killing Curse is one of the three illegal Unforgivable curses.

There is only one known survivor of the Killing Curse. Harry James Potter. He survived the curse from the most powerful Dark Lord to rise this century, He Who Must Not Be Named. The failed curse somehow killed the Dark Lord.

Marcus Frederick Flint, son of Frederick and Stonea Flint, and recent graduate of the Slytherin House at Hogwarts, cast the Killing Curse at Harry Potter. If it had been anyone else other than Potter, then the curse would have killed the victim. Since the target was the Boy Who Lived, nothing can be considered normal. The curse appeared to bounce off Potter and slam into Draco Lucius Malfoy, a fifth year Slytherin student. To make matters more complicated, the curse appeared to rebound from him and return to Flint.

At the time of this printing, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, Order of Merlin, First Class, has issued the following statement: “Marcus Flint is dead from a Killing Curse he has cast. Lord Harry James Potter-Black and Draco Lucius Malfoy have both been hit by the Killing Curse and are alive, though they are currently in critical condition.”

Professor Severus Snape, Slytherin House Head, and Professor Remus J. Lupin, Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, were both ordered to clear the Hogwarts grounds of all people not working at or attending the school. Dumbledore says he will issue a statement to the press tomorrow.

This reporter would like to offer his sincerest wishes for full recovery to the two boys harmed in this incident.

Harry James Potter was born on July 31, 1980 to James Potter and Lily Evans Potter. James and Lily Potter were both killed on October 31, 1981 by You Know Who. Harry Potter was the winner of the Tri-Wizard Tournament last year, which resulted in the death of Hufflepuff student, Cedric Diggory. Potter is also the Gryffindor Seeker and Team Captain. He has led Gryffindor to victory in all games but one, in which he fell from his broom during a Dementor storming of the stadium. (The Dementors were guarding the school from escaped convict, Sirius Black.) Lord Sirius Orion Black, Godfather of Harry Potter, used a blood adoption ritual on Harry Potter prior to his death this past summer. At the time of his death, Harry Potter was the closest living male in the Black line and assumed the title of Lord. Due to his fame, Harry Potter shall be referred to in this paper as Harry Potter and not Lord Harry Potter-Black unless it is an official posting of his duties as the Lord Black. Harry Potter was awarded Order of Merlin Third Class during an incident this summer where he defended several students from certain death.

Draco Lucius Malfoy was born on August 15, 1980 to Lord Lucius and Lady Narcissa Malfoy. Draco is the latest heir in the very long line of the Malfoy family. Until this year, he has served as the Slytherin Seeker. It is rumored that he has been removed from the Slytherin Dorms “for his safety”. Hogwarts staff refused to comment.

-Newton Isaac Figg, Daily Prophet Columnist


The boys had hardly hit the ground before Professors Dumbledore, Snape, Lupin, McGonagall, Sprout, and Flitwick were on the scene. Dumbledore personally checked all the boys that were down. He conjured two stretchers and a sheet. Harry and Draco ended up on the stretchers and heading towards the hospital wing. Dumbledore covered Marcus Flint with a sheet conjured for the purpose. Professor Lupin revived Ron.

Dumbledore turned to face the crowd, looking grave, “Please return to your common rooms immediately. Professors Snape and Lupin, please escort everyone else off the grounds immediately.”

“Professor Dumbledore! A question sir!”

“What is it?”

“Who was attacked?” Newton Figg asked.

“Marcus Flint attacked Harry Potter with the Killing Curse. Like what happened almost exactly fourteen years ago, the killing curse did not kill him instantly. It did, however, kill his attacker.”

“And the other boys?”

“Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy survived the curse, though they require immediate medical attention. I’ll make a statement to the press tomorrow as to their condition. At this time, I’d ask that you leave the grounds immediately.”

“But…” He was cut off by a glare from Snape.

The grounds were cleared quickly.


Dumbledore lifted one hand and coughed. The wizards and witches in the room fell silent. “One at a time please. Minerva?”

“Albus, are they going to live?”

Dumbledore sighed, the twinkle missing from his eyes, “I don’t know.”

“No one has ever survived the Avada Kedavra curse before, except Harry Potter. We don’t know for sure why he survived the first time. The fact that both he and young Malfoy both survived the curse is at least encouraging,” Remus filled the uncomfortable silence that followed Dumbledore’s statement.

“We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are connected. They both seem to have most, if not all, of their magic drained from them at the moment. It is as if the curse merely drained them, instead of killing them,” Severus spoke speculatively.

“Magical theory indicates that the Avada Kedavra curse completely drains the life energy of the victim. Magical beings have considerably more than muggles do. It is possible that the curse drains a certain amount and that if you had more than that, you could survive. Harry survived when he was only a year old. If that theory is right, he is tremendously powerful. Perhaps even on the same level as Voldemort,” Remus picked up again.

Dumbledore looked thoughtful as he stirred a glass of tea in front of him. McGonagall stared pensively at the teacup as she too lost herself in thought.

“It doesn’t explain the behavior of the curse though. It struck Potter, bounced off him, struck Draco in the identical spot and then rebounded back at Flint. The only time the curse has ever bounced before was when it bounced off Potter and struck down Voldemort. Could the connection between the two of them have caused the extraordinary behavior Albus?” Snape directed the last directly at Dumbledore.

“Poppy did say that both boys have identical lightning-shaped cuts over their hearts. It is quite likely that the scars will be as charged and noticeable as Harry’s scar on his forehead.”

Poppy joined them.

“How are they?” McGonagall asked concern etched clearly on her craggy face.

“They are resting comfortably. They are in a deep, healing sleep. I was able to stop the bleeding, but the cuts formed scars, as we were afraid they would. Harry Potter now has two lightning-shaped scars, while Draco has one.”

“Will they recover?” Remus asked.

“I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Medically, all that appears to be wrong is that they are almost completely drained of energy. I have given them the strongest restorer I had, but if Severus would be kind enough to brew some rejuvenation potion?”

Severus frowned, “Remy, if you’d go into the forest and get a Midnight Rose for me?”

Remus nodded.

“I have the other ingredients on hand already. It is a good thing that the rose blooms year round in the cavern.”

Albus nodded.

“I’d like to get started right away,” Severus said, heading towards the door.

“I’ll go into the forest immediately to get the rose,” Remus said, heading towards the door.

Poppy sat down and took several deep breaths. “I… We almost lost them today Albus. I have no idea why we didn’t.”

“Harry Potter is the Boy Who Lived,” Albus replied thoughtfully, pouring a cup of tea.

Poppy nodded as she took the offered tea.


Voldemort was sitting in a comfortable chair glaring at the burning wood in the fireplace. He picked up the special edition of the Daily Prophet and read it again. He snarled and threw the paper onto the fire and watched as it burst into flame.

He was surrounded by bloody idiots. Why?

Severus Snape was a genius. The man had been on his side years ago. He had been turned somehow by that Muggle-lover, Dumbledore. Lucius Malfoy was smart too. But he was far too ambitious for his own good. He had hoped to correct that flaw in Lucius’ son, but that was ruined as well.

He cursed again. He had told all of his minions specifically that no one was to harm Potter. Until he figured out how to do it himself, that boy would continue to live. He didn’t want to loose any more of his people. He needed them if he was going to rise back to power.

Draco Malfoy was struck as well. The curse rebounded off Potter, hit Malfoy and then bounced back at Flint. What was Potter? How did Malfoy become involved with him?

Was it his fault?

He cursed again, lifted his wand and blasted a hole through the wall.


The hospital wing was rather crowded at the moment. Ron and Hermione were seated together in chair that Hermione had transfigured into a loveseat. Fred was seated wearily in a chair at the end of Harry’s bed, while George was seated in a chair at the end of Draco’s bed. They both had their wands out and ready and they both looked deadly serious.

Madam Pomfrey had tried to bar all four of them from the hospital wing, but Fred had pointblank refused to budge. Pomfrey finally gave in so she could continue treating the patients. She healed Pansy Parkinson quickly and sent her on her way. She did not like how all the Gryffindors were glaring at the girl. Not that she blamed them at all right now.

She had left strict instructions with them to come get her from Dumbledore’s office if something changed with the boys. They had nodded at her and they had stayed silent for several minutes after she had left.

“Do you think they’ll make it?” a pale Ron Weasley asked Hermione in a very small voice.

Hermione, looking on the verge of tears, pulled Ron close to her and kissed him on the forehead very gently. She climbed into his lap and Ron held her close, rocking back and forth gently.

The twins stared on, looking as if they would hex the next person to cross them.

As it happened, the next person to come into the infirmary was Severus Snape. It was about an hour after everyone had arrived. He arrived with his usual flair without the usual resounding bang of the door. His robes were just as billowy as usual.

Snape stormed right up to George and then asked in a surprising subdued voice, “How are they Mr. Weasley?”

George looked slightly surprised, but he replied quietly, “They haven’t shown any changes since they have arrived. We’re lucky that they are still breathing… aren’t we?”

Severus, his face oddly blank and his coal black eyes looking softer, responded, “Harry Potter is the only wizard to ever survive the Killing Curse. We have every reason to believe that he’ll make it again. Draco too.”

George’s face cleared and it looked as if the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders. Fred’s expression changed to mirror his twins. Ron and Hermione stopped rocking back and forth and both took deep breaths.

“I need to return to the laboratory. I am brewing a complex potion to help these two recover faster,” Snape informed them. He didn’t wait for a response, simply turning on his heel and leaving as fast as he arrived, his black robes billowing behind him.

Ron stared at the door the Potions Master just went through. “Did he just act politely to us and act concerned about Harry?”

Hermione looked thoughtful for a few moments before responding, “He did.”

“I told you yesterday that he had a deeper side,” Fred interjected.

“You did,” George agreed.

Hermione nodded again.

Ron looked puzzled… again.

The four of them settled back into a comfortable silence.


Percy was sitting in front of a roaring fire in his flat. The temperature that night dipped a few degrees below freezing and the old stone walls of the castle were bitterly cold. The atmosphere of doom, left over from the attack at the end of the Quidditch game, was also made the cold temperature feel even colder.

So far, Percy had had several visitors. Professor McGonagall, Professor Lupin and Professor Flitwick had each been to see him, making sure he was being kept up to date on Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy’s conditions.

He had the distinct impression that Professor Lupin was lost and needed someone to talk to. Lupin had told him about his brief foray into the Forbidden Forest to get the ingredients that Professor Snape had needed. He had also mentioned how Severus had chased him out of the potions lab. Percy had only nodded and posed various questions to keep Remus’ mind occupied. Overall, he felt he did a good job when Lupin had finally decided to go back to his own rooms.


Fred had left the infirmary not long after the Potions Master did. He wandered aimlessly for a few moments before deciding on his destination. He altered direction and made a beeline straight for the Ravenclaw common room. He needed to see Zavien.

Fred was in luck when he arrived at the portrait guarding the Ravenclaw common room. Terry Boots was just going in.

“Terry, I’m here to see Zavien. Would you mind if I came in?”

Terry turned around to look at Fred and then nodded in response.

Fred’s luck continued to prove to be good tonight, because Zavien was sitting in a chair in front of the fire right there in the common room.

“Fred. Hello,” Zavien said, surprised to see his boyfriend in Ravenclaw Tower.

“Are you busy?” Fred asked, stress leaking into his falsely cheerful voice.

Zavien, feeling somewhat alarmed, stood immediately and wobbled at the sudden rush of blood from his head. Fred was beside him very quickly to support him.

“Thanks Fred. Was there someplace you wanted to go?”

“Back to my room. We can talk privately there.”

Zavien nodded.

They moved together and went out the portrait, heading towards Gryffindor Tower. It took them only a few minutes to walk there and they found it surprisingly empty upon arrival. There were only a couple of second years in the common room. Fred went straight for the stairs to the dormitories, Zavien trailing behind him.

“Here in Gryffindor, the Seventh year students are separated into two people per room. George and I share, of course. George is staying out most of the night to take care of a few things,” Fred smirked at Zavien.

“So we have the room to ourselves for awhile then?”

“Yes.”

“What did you have in mind?” Zavien asked apprehensively.

“Talking, some cuddling and then sleep. Nothing nefarious.”

Zavien broke out into a grin, “And if I feel a sudden need for something nefarious?”

“Then you’ll still have to wait. You haven’t recovered fully from your ordeal yet,” Fred replied with a slight hitch to his voice.

Fred closed the door and started to pull off his robes.

Zavien’s eyes widened. “I thought you said that we were only going to talk?”

“We are. I’m getting ready for bed and as you may recall, I sleep in my boxer shorts. You did last time. Are you going to this time?”

“Yes,” Zavien mumbled quietly as he too began to strip.

As soon as Fred was down to his boxers, he hopped into his bed and held the covers up for Zavien. Zavien finished quickly and crawled in with him. They snuggled up tightly together.

“I just found you and I almost lost you. I then watched my adoptive brother get struck with Avada Kedavra for the second time in his life. I need someone safe to hold,” Fred trailed off.

“Don’t forget getting beat nearly to death in the same time period,” Zavien added.

“That too. You don’t mind do you?”

“Of course not you ginger-haired twit! I wouldn’t have followed you if I didn’t want to spend the night with you.”

Zavien snuggled into Fred and Fred wrapped his arms around him. They didn’t talk any further, having opted to simply snuggle and go to sleep.


Ron and Hermione left the infirmary about twenty minutes after Fred. They walked side-by-side, Ron’s arm around Hermione. They made their way up to the Gryffindor flat; since it was the only comfortable place they could go to be alone. They gave the password to the boy in the portrait, who smiled at them both and opened to reveal the main room. Ron used his wand to stoke the fire into a much larger one. They then settled down comfortably on the couch and they stared at the fire for a long time in silence.

“Why does Harry always have to suffer, Mione?”

“I don’t know Ron. I just don’t know.”

“Harry is always getting attacked, or ambushed, or picked on.”

“I wonder if it is because he is a hero?” Hermione postulated.

“What do you mean by that?” Ron asked sounding puzzled.

“A hero is someone that does the right thing, no matter the cost. Harry has had hero stamped on his forehead for fourteen years. Granted, he didn’t know about it until he was eleven, but it is built into his personality. He wants to help other people. He does it all the time. He even did it back in first year in the first flying lesson. He was standing up to Malfoy for Neville. He could have been expelled for flying without supervision, but he did it anyway.”

“I see what you are getting at. He doesn’t do it on purpose though.”

“That is what makes him the hero, Ron. He does not do it for glory. He doesn’t do it to get his name in the paper. He does it because he believes it is the right thing to do.”

“That sounds like our Harry. And there is nothing we can do except what we have been doing. Be there for him and help him as best we can.”

“Yes. He reminds me of a poem I read a long time ago written by a muggle. I don’t remember all of it, just the last bit:

and tho'

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”*

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. Never give up and never surrender. Yeah, Mione, you’re right. That does sound like Harry.

“Should we sleep here tonight, Ron?” Hermione asked.

“I’d like to, if you want to?”

She smiled at him and pulled him into an embrace. Pieces of clothing slowly hit the floor as they prepared to sleep. She briefly used her wand to summon a few blankets and pillows.

They enjoyed each other’s company for some time before drifting off to sleep.


Very late that night, Severus returned to the hospital wing. He entered quietly, without his usual panache. He was carrying two rather important vials of potion after all. No sense in risking them in storming about when there was no audience to appreciate it. It did not stop the smirk from appearing on his face at the thought, though.

Snape looked around in the barely lit room. The Gryffindor crowd had mostly left. The only people in the ward at the moment were Harry, Draco, and a Weasley twin sitting in a chair between the two beds, his wand in his hand and a scowl on his face that would rival his own.

“Good evening Mr. Weasley. To what do I owe the pleasure?” Snape purred darkly.

“I’m making sure that none of the heartless bastards in your house come to harm my friends,” George answered coldly.

The coldness in his voice most certainly did not fit with Snape’s grasp on reality. This was one of the eternally cheerful Weasley twins after all. In fact, now that he was closer, he recognized that it was George Weasley, his best seventh year potions student. Fred wasn’t nearly as good. According to Professor Flitwick however, Fred was quite good in charms.

“The coldness doesn’t suit you George,” Severus replied quietly in a sincere voice.

George’s eyebrows rose into his hairline and his mouth dropped open in surprise. Professor Snape did not put him down. He did not correct him and he did not act like a sarcastic insufferable git.

“Will those potions help?” George asked after a moment of awkward silence.

“They should. They are powerful energy restoring potions. Normally, I wouldn’t allow them to be used on boys so young, but it is the only thing we can think of to help them recover from a curse that no one else has survived,” Snape explained quietly as he made each boy drink the potion in turn.

Draco gagged a little in his sleep, but Snape seemed to be an expert in getting unconscious people to swallow potions. George didn’t want to know why that was.

“Why don’t you go back to your dorms and get some sleep?” Snape asked George.

“I’d prefer not to leave them alone.”

“I’ll be staying with them, Mr. Weasley. I assure you, no harm will come to them.”

George’s brown eyes burned into Snape’s black ones for several moments before he nodded and stood up. “Good evening, Professor.”

“Good evening, Mr. Weasley.”

Snape settled down comfortably in the chair that George had just vacated. He pulled out his own wand and stared at it as he sat contemplating his long day.


George left the Hospital wing and headed towards Gryffindor tower. Halfway there, he had a sudden brainstorm. He immediately altered his direction and ducked into a nearby secret passage.

It took him a few minutes to get to the particular storeroom that he had in mind, but it was well worth the trip, as the plan of attack coalesced in his mind. The grin on his face was decidedly predatory.

As soon as he was in the storeroom, he made a beeline for the “new product” shelf. He disarmed the protection charm that was on the shelf and pulled down one of his new potion vials. He hadn’t had a chance to test it with an audience yet. Now was as good a time as any.

He stifled an urge to laugh manically at the expected results of this venture. He grinned widely instead. He reactivated the charm over the remaining vials and then went on his way.

He decided to stay in the secret passageways because of the hour. It took him an extra ten minutes to reach the kitchen, but it was safer this way. He stepped into the corridor leading to the kitchen and went immediately to the proper portrait and tickled it. The handle appeared and he went into the kitchen.

The House Elves immediately surrounded him.

“Is Dobby here?” George asked.

Dobby made his way forward. “Yes, Master Weasy?”

“Can you do me a big favor Dobby?”

“What?” Dobby asked nervously.

George pulled out his vial, “Put this in Pansy Parkinson’s morning juice.”

Dobby looked suspicious, “I shouldn’t do that.”

“Pansy was involved in several recent attempts to hurt Harry Potter,” George stated, his eyes flashing.

Dobby snatched the vial from George. “Dobby will do as Harry’s other Weasy asks.”

“Thank you Dobby. I owe you a sock.”

“You’d give Dobby a sock?” Dobby asked in awe.

“Of course. Next time I see you. What color would you like?”

“Red, like Gryffindor,” Dobby said immediately.

“Ok. Thank you Dobby.”

Dobby nodded and George made his way out.

Mrs. Norris was standing outside the door when he opened it. She meowed loudly at him. He smiled down at her and ruffled through his inner pocket and dropped some catnip in front of her. She pawed it suspiciously and then sniffed it. And that was that.

George went on his way and ducked back into the secret passageway. He stayed on the other side of the door for a moment and listened as Filch weased past the door and then cursed loudly at his cat.

“With his ability to curse, you’d never know he was a Squib,” George chuckled to himself.

George went on his way and made it back to Gryffindor tower in a near record time. The Fat Lady, who was used to him and his twin sneaking in and out, only opened one eye at him before swinging open.

George made his way straight to the room he shared with Fred. He noticed immediately that Fred was not alone. Fred woke up, of course. He always did and vice versa. Fred tapped a few different patterns on the side of the bed.

“So I noticed. Make sure you make it to breakfast tomorrow,” George replied verbally.

“Why?” Fred whispered quietly.

George tapped out a response.

Fred snorted.

“Good night, brother mine.”

“You too, George.”

George settled quickly into bed and smiled again at the ingeniousness of their secret communication code. They had needed it in years past when they shared a room with all their yearmates. Now that they shared their own room, they didn’t use it nearly as much. It did add deniability to their activities and allowed for private communication though, since only the two of them knew their code.


Dumbledore walked through the darkened hallways of his school at a very early hour. He couldn’t sleep because there was entirely too much on his mind. Even the use of his pensive didn’t seem to help tonight. Purely on whim he decided to check in on the two boys in the infirmary. About halfway there he met up with the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

“Good evening Remus. What are you doing up at this hour?”

“I was going to check on Severus and the boys.”

“Severus is in the hospital wing?” Dumbledore asked sounding surprised.

“He told me earlier that George Weasley was guarding the two boys and that he thought that he had the responsibility to replace him so that George could get some sleep.”

Albus smiled slightly. “It so happens that I’m heading there as well. Would you like to join me?”

“Of course, sir,” Remus replied.

The two men walked side by side the remaining distance to the infirmary, each lost in their own thoughts. They walked into the infirmary to find Severus reading through a magazine, Potion Innovators, with his wand out and ready.

“Good evening Severus. How are the boys? Any changes?” Albus asked.

“They are resting more peacefully now and their color is back. If I had a guess, I’d say they were merely sleeping now.”

“Good. What are you doing here?”

“I was staying here so that someone would be with them when they woke up,” Severus replied defensively.

Albus smiled serenely at him. “I’ll take your place. Why don’t you go and get some sleep. Both of you.”

Remus looked at the Headmaster and nodded. “Good evening sir.”

“Good evening Remus, Severus.”

“Good evening, Headmaster,” Snape demurred quietly.

Dumbledore settled down into the seat that Snape had just gotten out of. He picked up the magazine that Severus and left behind and chuckled silently when he read the article that Severus was looking at. “Hogwarts’ Potions Master”


“Are you doing okay Severus?” Remus asked as they walked back towards the teachers’ wing.

“Today has been a very strange day Remmy.”

“There is no arguing with that. Would you like to stop in my room for a quick drink?”

Severus blinked, then nodded.

They arrived without seeing so much as a ghost. They sat in front of the fire and drank down several bottles of Alcoholic Butterbeer.

It wasn’t nearly enough to stop the images of the green light of death from flashing through their minds and souls.


Harry’s dream shifted again. He was on the Quidditch Pitch and Avada Kedavra had just hit Draco. Harry was absolutely terrified that he’d loose the boy that was the other half of his soul. He reached with all his might down the link between them.

Both Harry and Draco sat bolt upright in their beds gasping for air at the same time. Dumbledore was so startled he nearly fell out of his chair instead of rising out of it. He went quickly to Harry’s side and locked eyes with him.

“Harry!”

Harry snapped out of his fright and that in turn released the terror that Draco was suffering as well. Draco lay back just as suddenly as he sat up.

“What happened?” Harry asked as Dumbledore helped him lay back down.

“You were attacked. You both survived the Killing Curse.”

Harry gaped at him.

Dumbledore conjured a small mirror and tugged down the sheet that was covering Harry’s chest. He handed the mirror to Harry.

Harry looked in the mirror and gasped. He traced the new scar over his heart with his finger as tears appeared in his eyes.

Draco sniffled as well. Dumbledore turned around and took Draco’s hand.

“How do you feel Draco?”

“I was hit with the curse as well?”

Dumbledore nodded.

“How can that be?”

“I don’t know Draco. You have a matching scar on your chest to Harry’s new scar.”

Harry sent love surging down the link and Draco relaxed again.

Dumbledore, surprisingly agile and strong for a man in his one hundreds, gently lifted Draco off his bed and placed him in bed with Harry. Harry sensed the intention, so had his sheet lifted when Dumbledore had settled Draco in.

“You two are going to need a lot of rest if you are going to recover fully.”

“Who attacked us? What happened?”

“Marcus Flint was the one who attacked. Apparently whatever protected Harry fourteen years ago is still protecting him today. The curse struck him, then bounced to you Draco and then bounced back at Marcus. Marcus was killed. He was wearing Gryffindor robes, so he obviously was here for this specific purpose. Professor Snape thinks it is likely that he is the one that attacked Zavien and Colin so brutally.”

“I’m glad he’s dead,” Draco said coldly through clenched teeth.

“I doubt he was acting on Voldemort’s orders,” Dumbledore continued, “because Voldemort wants to kill you himself.”

“That’s comforting,” Draco replied sarcastically.

Dumbledore just looked at him with those deep blue eyes.

Draco squirmed, “Sorry Headmaster.”

“I understand how difficult it is for the two of you and for your friends. That is the main reason that I allow your relationship to have so much freedom. It is not my policy in general to encourage students to have so intimate a relationship while here at school.”

Draco nodded. So did Harry.

“You two should get back to sleep. Welcome back to us boys,” Dumbledore said looking at both boys deeply in turn.

Both boys nodded and then cuddled together and dropped back off to sleep like they were magically assisted.

Dumbledore, sitting on a chair between, lowered his wand, and picked back up the potions magazine.

End of Chapter 24

* end of "Ulysses" by Alfred Lord Tennyson

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; All recognized characters and the world of Harry Potter belong to J.K. Rowling and her publishers. Everything else is mine. Copyright ©2011
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

aaaaah, another amazing chapter i looove this story :) i wish it didnt have to end :( keep it up myr ;)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/11/2011 05:35 PM, said:
aaaaah, another amazing chapter i looove this story :) i wish it didnt have to end :( keep it up myr ;)
Thanks :) Slowly but surely working on the rest of the story.
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I suppose we will never know why the killing curse never killed Harry the first time. Nor why it went from Harry to Draco to Flint, killing Flint.

If we look at the "Deathly Hallows," it is because You Know Who placed a Horcrux in Harry. Um, partially.

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..