Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 2,656 Words
  • 3,291 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Undetermined Identity - 4. Chapter 4..Awaking...

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason...If you get a chance take it..If it changes your life, let it...Nobody said that it would be easy...They just promised it would be worth it....

~Author unknown~

Chapter 4~

Nick was awakened out of his slumber to the sounds of dry heaving coming from the bathroom. He walked over to the door and listened to the sounds of Lisa puking up what sounded like a lung.

"Lisa?” Nick tapped lightly on the door. "Are you alright?" He asked as he leaned on the door scratching his head trying to wake up.

"Um...Yeah 'm fine Nick." Lisa yelled through the door.

"Are you sure, you don't sound fine.” Nick replied through a yawn.

"No, really just give me a minute, I'll be out. Hey Nick baby, coffee would be nice." Anything to get him away from the door was Lisa's thought.

"OK, I go make some...You sure you're alright?" He asked one last time before heading downstairs.

"Yeah."

Lisa layed her head against the cool ceramic siding praying the churning inside her would stop. Her mouth felt dry and wet at the same time, and as soon as she felt better the volcano inside her stomach erupted again causing waves of hot flashes. "Damn, I've got to tell him sooner than I thought, tomorrow over dinner."

The week and been pretty uneventful, work was ok, they finished on schedule and Nick and the guys went out last night as planned and today he was meeting Tyler, Marshall and Danny on the courts.

During the week Tyler talked to Nick every chance he got about telling Lisa the truth, how it was best for all involved. Lisa on the other hand had been hiding her morning sickness from Nick pretty well, a couple of nights she would sleep downstairs on the sofa, giving Nick the excuse that she was working late on paper work that way she could use the bathroom downstairs to throw up and keep Nick from hearing.

Nick took the time to think about his life. He had pretty much made up his mind the he was going to tell Lisa tomorrow. Why tomorrow instead of today, he didn't know Sunday afternoon just seemed like the right time.

He had run into Danny accidentally on purpose by stopping in the afternoons for coffee, His heart skipped beats every time he was around the him. They talked about Danny's writing class and his work with the Foundation, the Danny Tillman Foundation which Nick agreed to help film some Public Service Announcements. Nick told of his love for Film and Theater. They even laughed talking about making their own movie one day, Danny would write it and Nick would direct it.

Nick made the coffee as promised and himself a bowl of cereal. He was sitting down eating when Lisa made her way into the kitchen.

"Hey, your coffee is ready, you feeling better?" Nick asked chomping on his cereal.

"Yes, much better." Lisa answered while rubbing her stomach.

“You’re not pregnant are you," Nick asked in a joking manner, but indeed very serious.

Lisa laughed as she made her way over to the pot of hot coffee. "Hey are you still meeting Tyler this morning to play ball?" She asked changing the subject.

"Yeah why?" Nick asked slurping the milk from the bowl.

"Just wondering, Um.... Aren’t Danny and Marshall meeting too?"

"Yeah, why?” He asked again.

"No reason baby, I just think it's cool that you and Tyler are hanging out with them that's all. I mean they're gay and you're not."

Sounding a little irritated Nick replied, "And?"

"And nothing." She walked over wrapping her arms around Nick's neck and kissed him on the lips before sitting down at table. "I like Danny, Marshall too, but Danny just seems very interesting, very smart. Ash and I were talking about him at the gym the other day, did you know is the founder of his own Foundation?"

"Yes, I know he told me."

"Man I wish I knew someone to hook him up with he's hot.” Lisa giggled sipping her coffee.

"I think he can find his own -hook up-. Anyway I'm off I'll see you later." As Nick was on his way out Lisa called out to him.

"Hey babe what do you say to a nice quiet dinner alone tomorrow night?"

"Sure, we'll talk more when I get back...Hope you feel better try and rest ok." With that, Nick walked out.

"Yes baby I will feel better in about two months.” She took a sip of coffee, "Yuck!" she made a face and poured the rest of the coffee down the drain...

Tyler passed Nick the ball, He bounced it twice and turned to shoot, only to find Danny right on his tail guarding him, waving his hands in the air preventing Nick from taking the shot. Nick made a pivot turning to the left only find his guard blocking him again. Danny moved when Nick moved leaving him no room to shoot. With both hands on the ball and elbows in the air, Nick turned left and his elbow made direct contact with Danny's nose.

"Ow....” Danny yelled falling back hitting the pavement. "Ugh.” Danny growled as he landed on his back.

"SHIT!!!” Nick dropped the ball turning to do a damage control. "Man, are you alright?" Nick asked in a panic. Tyler and Marshall came running all out of breath the boys were bending over with their hands resting on their knees looking down at Danny whose nose was pouring blood.

"Shit Nick," Tyler grunted still out of breath.

"Here." Nick reached extended his hand out to Danny helping him off the ground. "Are you ok?" Nick asked a bit more concerned this time.

“I’m ok I'm fine, It’s ok.” Danny said as he dusting the dirt off his bottom. He slowly slid his tongue up to his top lip and felt the warm sensation of blood running down on his lip.

Man, we need to get him to a hospital, it might be broken.” Marshall announced.

Placing his hand on Danny's forehead, Nick tilted it forward, pulling out the towel from the waistband of his shorts and held it up to Danny's nose to prevent the flow of blood from running down his face and on to his white tee.

"No it's not broken.” Danny mumbled trying to talk between Nick’s arm and the towel.

"Over there, the restrooms." Tyler pointed, let’s get him cleaned off.

"I got him, come on Danny." Nick had one arm on Danny's shoulder and the other helping him keep the towel to his nose.

“Ok man.” Tyler waved, "you go ahead, and Marshall and I will stay here and wait; besides the restroom is not big enough for us all.” Nick nodded as he walked Danny across the courts.

“Maybe we should go he might need some help.” Marshall said excited and out of breath.

“Need some help doing what? No man Nick’s got him he was a fuckin boy scout he knows what to do. Danny is in good hands believe me sit down.” Tyler patted to the place next to him. “You’re making me nervous.” Tyler pulled out his cell phone and began texting while Marshall sat antsy watching the restroom.

Inside the restroom, Nick walked Danny over to the sink. He turned on the cold water allowing it to run a bit and slowly removed the towel. Danny’s nose had all but stopped bleeding except for a few traces of blood that trickled down.
Danny looked in the mirror turning his head from side to side holding it up slightly trying to see the inside. Nick made a cold compress from the hand towel after he had rinsed out the blood.

“Here, put this on it and sit down over there.” Nick pointed to the bench next to the wall.
Danny took the towel and did as he was instructed. “Thanks man.” Danny said sitting down.

“Danny I’m really sorry, are you ok?” Nick asked sitting down next to Danny.
Danny nodded, “yeah, I’m fine see no more bleeding, and it really doesn’t hurt unless I breathe.”

“What?” Nick asked looking shocked.

“I’m just kidding.” Danny laughed. “Man you should have seen the look on your face that was funny.” Nick pushed Danny’s shoulder with his and they both laughed.

“Man.” Nick sighed as he laid his head back against the tiled wall. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. Danny watched Nick’s chest rise and fall with every breath, he watched the long eyelashes flutter on Nick’s closed eyes, and he watched his Adam’s apple move slowly as Nick swallowed. He watched Nick’s tongue glided slowly over his lips providing moisture to them making them perfect for kissing.

Danny removed the towel from his noise and looked intently and with longing at Nick’s mouth and like a moth, being drawn to a flame Danny cautiously leaned toward Nick and gently ever so lightly brushed his lips against Nick’s mouth as if he was placing them on hot coals. Danny felt Nick’s breath hitch but without resistance.

Nick kept his eyes close as waves of emotions rushed over his body with just the slightest touch of Danny’s kiss, his mouth craved more. “Mmmm” Nick moaned quietly as his entire body received pleasure from just one single kiss. Danny pulled away as if his lips had been touching fire. He watched Nick slowly open his eyes.

“You’re so beautiful.” Danny whispered. “And so married, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Not Happily.” Nick whispered

Huh?” Danny looked up with surprise

“You asked me once If I was happily married, and the answer is no.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t want to confuse you or make matters worse.”

“Don’t be, its not your fault, as far as making matters worse, they already are. I should not have married Lisa in the first place and... I’m glad you kissed me.”

“Really?”

“Yes, really, I knew I was gay and because of my fears I made decisions that affected not only me but others too.” I thought I could control it, control my feelings.”

“Like Lisa?” Danny asked.

“Yes, like Lisa."

“Control who you are..how you feel, Nick how sad.” Danny layed his hand over Nick’s.

“And now I have to tell my wife.” Nick chuckles nervously, "that I’m gay. It’s going to crush her." Nick held his head down in shame.

Danny lifted Nick’s head making eye contact. “Look Nick you can’t beat yourself up over this, You have to do what you know is right, right for Lisa and most of all right for you.” Nick looked intently into Danny’s brown eyes.

“This is right.” With the words dripping from his lips, Nick cradled Danny's face with both of his hands, he tilted his head downward to meet Danny’s. The air crackled with electric lust. Slowly advancing inch by lustful inch, he gently placed his lips on Danny and kissed him."Mmmm." Danny moaned. Their lips caressing, passion filling the air as their bodies started to furiously battle their want.

Danny wrapped his arm around Nick’s neck pulling him in closer to deepen the kiss. “Mmmm” Nick moaned when Danny brushed his tongue against his lips asking for permission to enter. Their tongues danced back and forth....it was rough and demanding, while at the same time being soft, sensual, intimate, and even a little apologetic, Nick wanted more, he slowly pulled Danny closer to him and their tongues in-twined together, he tasted like passion. It felt like there was nothing else in the world, everything else faded out of view, Nick could have kissed him like that forever, if he didn’t need to breathe, their lips parted with haste as they tried to catch their breath.

“Wow.” Was all that Nick could muster. Nick's body had never responed this way to a kiss or a touch, kissing and touching Danny felt like heaven.

“Yeah", Danny breathed trying to compose himself. He felt his lips that were swollen and red, they felt amazing, Nick was amazing.

"Danny” Nick caressed his cheek.

“Yes.”

“I…” Nick’s train of thought was broken.

“Hey, you two alright in here?” Tyler’s voice could be heard coming around the corner with Marshall in tow.

“Yeah…yeah we stopped the bleeding and it’s not broken. Nick answered standing up pressing down his clothes trying to erase any trace of the kiss.

“Yeah, everything is fine.” Danny repeated looking like the cat that swallowed the canary.

Tyler looked and Nick then to Danny, and nodded for Nick to follow him out.

“You Ok Danny?” Nick asked with concern.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

"Are you sure." Marshall asked walking over to Danny to see for himself as Nick and Tyler walked out.

“What the hell went on in there Tsangaris, spill it.” Tyler leaned against the wall waiting for an answer.

“Nothing I helped him stop his nose from bleeding that all.”

“That’s not all Tsangaris and I know it, but whatever you are doing get Lisa out of the mix, tell her man.” Tyler said placing his hand on Nick’s shoulder reassuring him that he could do it. At that moment, Danny and Marshall walked out of the men’s room.

“Everything ok out here?” Danny asked looking form Tyler to Nick.

“It’s all good.” Tyler said bouncing the ball. “Anyone up for one more set.” He asked as he dribbled the ball from his left hand to his right.

“No I think we are going to head out. I’m sure Danny will have a headache before it’s all said and done I think I will take him home so he can get some Tylenol.” Marshall said leading Danny toward the courts.

“I said I’m fine Marshall Stop worrying over me like a mother hen.” They all laughed as they headed over to their cars.

“Hey Danny.” Nick yelled, “Can I have a word with you.” Nick asked.

Danny looked at Marshall who was just standing there with his arms crossed.

“Hey Marshall go ahead man I will be there in a second.”

“Yeah Marshall lets go wait at the cars, I gotta a move I want to show you.” Tyler said as he passed the ball behind his back.

“Ok, but hurry up.” Marshall said sounding impatient before walking off with Tyler.

Danny sat down on the lower bleacher, “So what is it Nick?”

Nick watched Tyler and Marshall walk away before he spoke.

“I was going to say I’m glad you kissed me, I have been attracted to you since the moment I laid eyes on you at the coffee house. And what happened in there.” Nick nodded toward the men’s room, "was perfect, it was not wrong you hear me. I have never, ever felt anything even close to what I felt with you in my life and I want to feel it again.”

“Me too, but I don’t want to make things worse.”

“You are not making them worse, you are making them right, you inspire me to do what’s right, no matter what happens here, I know the right thing is to tell Lisa.”

“I’m glad, oh you still have my number and address from the other day?

“Yep, I do.”

“Well use it, call me…anytime, and don’t forget you need to help me fix my computer so use the address too.”

“I will.” Nick leaned in and gave Danny a quick peck on the lips. He held his hand out for Danny helping him to his feet and they made their way over to their car.

“Tomorrow.” Nick thought aloud as he got into his car…..

Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I really like where this story is going. I don´t even feel sorry for Lisa, I would if she wasn´t lying about the baby.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..