Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 3,488 Words
  • 5,843 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Acts of Deception... - 3. Chapter 3 Tall Tales...

Heath's plans are interrupted leaving Alec clueless, while Nina has plans of her own.

 

It was 2:30 in the morning and Heath was void of sleep. His body was tired but his mind wouldn’t shut down. He lay wide awake staring at the ceiling wishing for sleep but to no avail. He had been called away to London unexpectedly to clean up a botched job so his assignment was put on hold.

The past week had been a stressful one to say the least, but he managed to keep it together. He had no choice. There was too much money riding on these deals.

In the few short days of actual contact with him, Heath came to the realization that this was turning into more than just a job. There was something about Alec that was truly different. That, he knew.

He picked up the picture of Alec off the nightstand, and blew out an exhausted breath before laying his head back down on his pillow.

Thoughts of his past and present life invaded his consciousness.

His eyes wandered over the snapshot he'd been given when he agreed to do the job. He needed to know what Alec looked like, where he hung out, and who his friends were - that’s where Kaila came in.

After much research, time, and patience - along with following Alec for two weeks, without his knowledge of course - it was concluded that the person he spent the most time with other than his family was Kaila McFarland.

The client she was supposed to meet that faithful night at Cody’s was a set-up in the hopes of getting Alec there. There was no client. The only deal to be made that night was Heath Cannon meeting Alec Russo.

Heath sighed feeling a sense of guilt when he looked at Alec’s brown eyes; even in the picture, they appeared so trusting…so loving.

Heath learned a lot about Alec in the two weeks he’d been following him. He learned where he shopped. Where he bought his morning coffee. What drycleaners he used…everything. He even learned Alec’s favorite Chinese takeout, which he tried a couple times himself. But nothing prepared him for actually meeting him, actually holding a conversation with him. Nothing prepared him for the influx of emotions he would feel when he actually touched him for the very first time.

“Get over yourself, Cannon,” Heath chided himself as he laid the picture face down on the table. “He’s so out of your league. Even if the situation was different, you would never stand a chance with him; he's a good person, and you?” He sighed as he threw his arm over his face and breathed deeply, shaking his head slowly.

He was being paid a ridiculous sum of money to “woo” Alec and make him fall in love with him. Once he gained Alec’s trust; as with all the other jobs he was to strip him financially of everything but with Alec, Heath was told to kill him intimately…crush him emotionally; hurt him so deep that he’d wish he was dead. That request he didn’t understand. Sure at times some jobs required a little finesse, so when Heath agreed to the assignment he understood the dynamics of it.

He remembered asking the boss why he wanted the extra attention paid to Alec, his answer; It was none of his business. He was making an extra thirty percent to do the job. No feelings, no attachments.

Unfortunately, for Heath, it was already too late. There was an instant attraction to Alec from the very beginning. He never questioned himself before; before it was all about the money and the essence of danger that came with it.

With each job he sharpened his skill, his wit and his sex appeal. He prided himself on being able to charm the money right out of their bank accounts and into his hands without them even being aware. There was no limit on what he would do to get it; he was the best, which is why he was offered this job. He was a professional, and it was always all about the money. Key word…Was.

The vibrating phone on the nightstand pulled him from his reverie. He rolled his eyes, noting the time.

"Cannon," his voice was dark and heavy due to lack of sleep.

"Hey man.”

"What's up, Valentine?" Heath closed his eyes and laid his head back on the pillow.

"Just checking on you. You in place?"

"Yeah, I should be back to the States in a couple of days."

"I got the call to keep things tight here until you get back."

"Hum... well Ray really fucked this one up so he put a hold on Russo until I get back," Heath explained, rubbing his hand roughly down his face.

"I know, I heard Ray’s out... and I mean out,” Bo stressed. “Word is you’re the only one he wants dealing with Russo though.”

Heath sat up in bed scratching at his scalp. "Have you... um... seen him?" He asked cautiously.

"You mean Alec?”

"Yeah, have you seen him?" Heath repeated while looking out the window at the dark morning sky. His demeanor leaving him feeling cold and empty.

"No, but I will today. Don't worry; it's wrapped tight."

"Yeah."

"Yeah, man whatever you did worked. He's sprung and feeling depressed because you haven't returned any of his calls. You've got him twisted, wondering what he did wrong," Bo chuckled.

Reality sank in when Heath realized his plan was set in motion; he sighed, feeling disheartened when he not only heard Bo's admission, but saw how amused he was about it. Of course, that's what the boss wanted, but the feeling was surreal. For the first time, Heath wasn't proud of his talents. Sure the money was one thing, but Heath got the gut feeling there was more to it.

"Cannon, you there?" Bo’s voice broke the silence.

"Um... yeah, I'm here." Heath breathed a heavy sigh. "Hey Valentine, check it out, I gotta go," he said, starting to feel sick to his stomach. Starting to hate his job.

"Sure thing man, I'll take care of everything 'til you get back. Oh, and before I forget, you need to check your girl Nina."

"Nina, what about Nina?” Heath asked feeling slightly overwhelmed.

"Besides being a bitch?” Bo laughed. “She's asking a lot of questions, if you know what I mean. How much does she know?"

"She doesn’t know shit. Nothing at all," Heath stated adamantly. "Well, she knows where my condo is. She followed me home one night."

"No shit, that bitch really is crazy," he laughed. "Well, she was asking Darrell a lot of questions about how he knew you. If he knew what you did as a side job, you know? "

"Shit." Heath scratched at his temple. Not only did he have to deal with his situation, now he had to put a muzzle on Nina to keep her from getting herself killed. "Yeah, getting involved with her was a definite mistake," Heath vowed.

"I'll say, and you know Simon. He would kill his own mother if she interfered with his organization."

"I swear if you cut him, he’ll bleed stock, bonds, and one hundred dollar bills." Heath laughed though he was totally serious.

"Yeah, but he's making himself, and us, rich."

"Money isn't everything, Bo," Heath pointed out. He couldn't believe those words were coming from his own mouth. When he started two years ago, money was everything... so his words sounded shocking even to him.

"Hey, you're not getting soft on me, are you? We're in this together. You got my back and I got yours, remember?" Bo asked apprehensively. "Get in, make all the money you can, and get out."

"No, I'm not getting soft," Heath stated convincingly. "Get in and get out." He grimaced, reciting his own motto. "Simon didn't say anything to me about Nina."

"And he wouldn't. He wants you to keep focused on Russo and London, Nina's like dust on scales to him. He would blow her away and not bat an eyelash. I figured I’d tell you; maybe you can shut her up. Simon ain’t playing.”

“Yeah.” Heath nodded slowly. “Thanks, Man. Good looking out.”

“Hey, what time is it over in London anyway?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Um..." Heath squinted as he tried to read the green flashing numbers on the clock across the room. "It’s um... 3:30 in the morning."

"Oh, its 9:30 here, I’ve gotta meet Kaila for lunch tomorrow afternoon, then we are heading to Alec's. She said she was concerned about him. Said she's never seen him like this. Oh," he laughed, "she's pretty pissed with you right now."

"That's just great." Heath sighed, running his fingers through his dark hair before falling back into the pillows. "Later," he exhaled.

"Later."

Heath closed his phone and tossed it on the nightstand. He wanted so desperately to call Alec, but Simon had forbidden it. "Make him squirm, make him miss you... want you." Simon had instructed insuring him that Bo would keep tabs on Alec till he returned. The London trip threw a wrench in the program, but as it turned out it was to Simon’s benefit where Alec was concerned.

Simon Ferraro was a distant relative of Joseph Ferraro, who was a boss at one time with the 'The Outfit', also known as the Syndicate and the Chicago Mob that was still prevalent in Chicago to this day.

Even though Simon had limited dealings with his family - he had a business of his own and did his own thing - he still used the family name to get what he wanted. He had set up an operation through tax companies, like the one Heath, Bo and Darrell worked at. Using them as a front, they were able to get information on wealthy clients who were having trouble with the IRS and whose total assets were worth millions.

Heath dragged his weary body out of bed, wearing only his black drawstring lounge pants. Walking over to the mini bar, he rubbed his tired eyes trying to focus as he scanned it, looking for something that would help him relax. He really needed to go back to sleep.

He was physically as well as mentally tired, but he had to go in and fix the mistake Ray had made with Mr. Thomas's widow. There was sixty-five thousand riding on this deal, and Simon knew Heath was the man for job. He should have sent him over in the first place. Heath was educated, well-versed, and articulate in his speech not to mention strikingly handsome. He could charm the skirts and pants off both women and men and he didn’t mind the men.

Heath poured himself a warm brandy and whirled the glass around by the stem. Holding the bottom of the glass in the palm of his hand, he used the heat from his hand to keep the brandy warm. He inhaled slowly, allowing the intoxicating vapors to fill his lungs before he walked over to the window and looked out into the twilight over the horizon.

Getting lost in his own thoughts, he wondered what a normal life would be like. He took a long sip, enjoying the soothing feel of brandy hitting the back of his throat. He glanced over, noticing a light shining through an open window, and smiled weakly as he wondered who lived there; a couple, a family, perhaps.

Heath had as much, if not more money than a few of his assigned targets. He had a $250,000 car that he barely drove, and $350,000 custom built condo that he hardly stayed in. In order to keep up appearances he drove a Ford truck and spent most of his nights in his studio apartment in downtown Chicago.

“What’s the point of having all this shit, if I have no one to share it with?” He reflected as he took another sip of brandy. He inhaled slowly feeling disenchanted.

Bo and Kaila arrived at Alec’s place around 2:00 in the afternoon after having lunch at a local Japanese restaurant. They brought Alec an order of noodles and spicy chicken with garlic.

“So… where is Heath anyway?” Kaila asked quizzically as she and Bo rode the elevator up to Alec’s Penthouse.

“His grandmother took ill unexpectedly, and his mother insisted he fly home immediately,” Bo lied straight faced to Kaila feeling no remorse; it was his job after all.

“Oh,” She sounded surprised, “Well, why hasn’t he call Alec?”

“He left in such a hurry that he forgot his phone.”

Ohhh.” Kaila smiled and after a few beats wondered aloud. “How are you talking to him?” She creased her brows questioningly. Bo was about to make up another lie the elevators doors opened to Alec’s foyer.

“Hey guys, make yourselves at home. I’ll be right out!” He yelled from his bedroom.

“Okay!” Kaila replied as she took the food from Bo and headed to the kitchen.

Bo nodded his approval as he glanced around. He noticed Alec’s place was modestly decorated, yet very stylish. Nothing was too showy, but everything from the living room furnishings to the pictures hung on the walls were expensive and original.

“Hi Bo,” Alec waved as he walked from his bedroom barefoot, wearing jeans and a red t-shirt. His hair was slightly messy, he appeared very relaxed.

Bo turned to find Alec standing behind him with both hands shoved into his jean pockets. “Oh hey Alec. Um… Kaila is in the kitchen, we brought you lunch.” He nodded toward the direction Kaila disappeared, sounding a little nervous.

“Thanks.” Alec smiled. “Can I get you something to drink?”

“Yeah, sure, what you got?” Bo asked, settling down on the sofa.

“I don’t know.” Alec shrugged his shoulder. “What do you want?”

“Surprise me.” Bo laughed lightly.

“Let’s see, I have brandy, wine, vodka,” Alec said as he combed his fingers through his bangs, removing them from his eyes, “water, diet coke, and juice. So what’s your choice?”

“Vodka and juice."

“Cranberry or pineapple?”

Huh?”

“Do you want cranberry juice, or pineapple juice?” He drew out the words so Bo could understand.

“Oh yeah,” Bo chuckled slightly embarrassed. “Yeah, pineapple is great.” He leaned back against the sofa, trying to relax. Nervous wasn’t Bo’s style, but there was something about Alec that was intimidating. There was an air of prestige about him.

He knew nothing about Alec, except he had to be very, very rich in order for Heath to be given the assignment. Simon usually had a team work together, but only the one given the assignment knew the details and net worth of the targeted individual. In this case, that was Heath, and he was to work alone. Simon didn’t want any mishaps.

“Pineapple and vodka coming right up,” Alec laughed, and then yelled toward the kitchen. “Hey cow, what you want to drink?”

“White wine is cool, and I’m going to spit in your food if you call me a cow again!" She yelled back. Bo and Alec could hear Kaila giggle from the kitchen. Alec just shook his head at Bo and smiled as he made his way over to the wet bar.

After Alec mixed the drink, he poured Kaila a glass of wine and a brandy for himself. He carefully carried both his and Bo's drink over and sat them down on the table. He sat down in the overstuffed easy chair across from Bo and pressed his lips into a tight smile. An awkward silence filled the room, which is a stark contrast to sitting quietly with Heath... Heath. Just his name gave Alec butterflies. Bo cleared his throat startling Alec a little.

"So, it’s a nice place you have here. Really cool." He smiled before taking a drink of his pineapple-vodka.

"Thanks." Alec nodded. 'What’s taking that girl so long?' He wondered. For some reason something about Bo felt off to him. He couldn’t put his finger on it, it was just a feeling. Maybe he was being paranoid. "Maybe I should go check on Kaila." Just as he was about to get up, Kaila emerged carrying a tray with Alec's food on it.

"Damn girl, it's about time, I'm starving to death here." Alec chuckled and dropped back down in his seat feeling relieved.

"Well." She waved one hand while balancing the tray with the other. "You know, we cows move pretty slowly," she giggled. "Moooo." She laughed, sitting the tray in front of Alec. "Here you go my queen." Alec laughed along with Kaila before grabbing the fork and digging in.

"Mmm, this is good," Alec complimented before taking in another forkful. Kaila walked over to the bar to retrieve her glass of wine, and then sat down next to Bo.

"So, Alec,” Kaila took a small sip of her wine and smiled. “Bo tells me that Heath had a family emergency, and that’s why you haven't heard from him. Isn’t that right, Bo?"

Alec looked up from his lunch wide eyed, his mouth full of noodles.

"Yeah, that's right. His grandmother was deathly ill, and he was summoned by his mother to come right away," Bo explained. In reality, Bo knew nothing of Heath's family except that his father was a hard ass in the military. In their line of business they kept their personal lives private.

"Oh. Okay." Alec chewed and swallowed before speaking again. "I hope she'll be okay. I wish he would have told me, there might have been something I could do to help."

Kaila nodded eagerly. "Yeah, Alec has lots of connections," Her voice was laced with excitement.

"Well I'm sure she’ll be fine," Bo said encouragingly before taking another sip of his drink.

"Oh." Kaila said surprisingly, "You never explained how you're talking to Heath being that he left his phone." This question got Alec's attention as well.

"He left his phone?" Alec’s voice was small yet hopeful. That would explain why Heath hadn't called. Alec was sure Heath didn't know his phone number by heart. He breathed a sigh of relief and smiled slightly.

"He left so fast, he just forgot it.” Bo shrugged nonchalantly. “I talked with him briefly through email."

"Oh, that's good, and he is doing okay?" Alec questioned.

"Yeah, he's fine. He wanted me to tell you he would be back in a couple of days." Bo smiled sheepishly.

"See." Kaila walked over and sat on the arm of Alec’s chair. "I told you he was crazy about you." She placed her arm around Alec's shoulders and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You were all worried for nothing." She tilted her head slightly and smiled as she wiped the lipstick from his cheek. Alec just smiled bashfully, and Bo gave an agreeing nod.

"Hey hurry up and eat so we can put on the movie." Kaila nudged Alec’s shoulder.

Bo pulled the movie 'The Campaign' from Kaila’s bag and handed it to her.

"Hey Alec, what do you think?" Bo winked. "I hear it’s pretty funny," he added as he pulled out the Twizzlers, chocolate covered raisins, and Crunch-N-Munch. He tossed Kaila the bag of microwave popcorn, she in turn tossed it to Alec, who had just finished eating and was about to head to the kitchen.

"Yeah, so did I, but, isn't that still at the theaters?" Alec asked with a raised eyebrow scratching his head in confusion.

"Um...it's an editor’s copy." Bo snickered.

"AKA boot legged," Kaila whispered in Alec’s ear as she walked past him heading to his home theater system.

"Oh." Alec smiled, shaking his head. "Okaayy."

"Hey Alec, pop that while you're in there," she said, nodding to the popcorn she tossed him as she took the movie from the case. "Hey, Big Papa, make us another drink! This time, I'll take a soda."

"Coming right up little lady." Bo rubbed his hands together briskly as his made his way over to the bar. "Hey Alec, what ya drinking?"

"Nothing I still have my brandy, but thanks," his voice faded off in the distance. He was glad for the company that would keep his mind preoccupied, but most importantly he was relieved that Heath was okay and coming back soon.

"Where in the hell are you, Heath?" Nina seethed. She tossed her phone on the bed so hard that it bounced on the floor. "Shit!"

Nina had been trying to call Heath for a few days now, and he hadn't returned her calls. She even drove over to both of his places and waited to no avail.

"That’s okay, sweetheart, whatever you got going on, I'm in. One way or the other." She smiled devilishly as she picked up the packet of condoms and held them up to the light. She grabbed a safety pin and started poking holes through the wrappers. “Yep, all the way in…”

 

 

TBC...
A/N: This chapter is being posted without my trusty Beta.  What he calls work, I call exciting and fun. :D
Thanks to all that are reading. I'm hoping you are enjoying it.
Copyright © 2013 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I certainly hope Alec is as intimidating as Bo fears, and does not fall for Heath's plans, although he is falling for the man himself. Heath is at least feeling guilty, and has feelings for Alec, but will the feelings become stronger than carrying out what he has been hired to do? Nina's craziness just might get her killed, and I hope since she is trying to trap Heath, that he finds a way to deal with her that does not involve anything physical between them. Kaila does not seem like a dummy. I think sooner or later she may pick up on the bad vibes from Bo that same as Alec has. Another great chapter girl. Now, I am really impatient. lol:)

Link to comment
On 09/19/2012 01:24 AM, joann414 said:
I certainly hope Alec is as intimidating as Bo fears, and does not fall for Heath's plans, although he is falling for the man himself. Heath is at least feeling guilty, and has feelings for Alec, but will the feelings become stronger than carrying out what he has been hired to do? Nina's craziness just might get her killed, and I hope since she is trying to trap Heath, that he finds a way to deal with her that does not involve anything physical between them. Kaila does not seem like a dummy. I think sooner or later she may pick up on the bad vibes from Bo that same as Alec has. Another great chapter girl. Now, I am really impatient. lol:)
This story seems like its starting out slow even to me, but I think that's because I wrote this back in 09 and I've had to do some major revamping so that's taking time, but it does pick up in the next chapter and I promise the left hand won't know what the right hand is doing. It's not calle 'Acts of Deception' for nothing...hehe

 

Nina is a trip and as I menitoned before she only gets worse. Kaila is a smart girl and she has Alec's back for sure.

Heath...well can't say much about him, you'll have to read to find out. which I thank you for doing by the way. Love, love your comments Danke...

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

And that's why guys should always use their own condoms. lmaosmiley.gif It's important to know the "pedigree" of some things. innocent.gif

Early chapters can often be slow, so not to worry. Got to get the background out, find out who's good, who's evil and all that. Although sometimes an author uses the old misdirection tool. whistle.gif Nina is definitely not a girl scout, that's for sure.

Looking forward to more!thumbsup.gif

Link to comment

My reactions:

"Heath was told to kill him intimately…crush him"

*shudder*

" for Heath, it was already too late. There was an instant attraction to Alec"

*seeing a small ray of hope*

"Bo lied straight faced to Kaila feeling no remorse"

*Kaila's gonna end up hurt. U bastard!*

“Hey cow, what you want to drink?

White wine is cool, and I’m going to spit in your food if you call me a cow again!"

*cracking up*

"She grabbed a safety pin and started poking holes through the wrappers."

*Bitch witch*

 

Perfect pick-me-up for today.. Post next chapter quickly!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I'm starting to not like Heath but hating Nina! Bo might be up there too... WTF? Everyone is lying, cheating, self-absorbed...Grrrrrrrr :( it looks like Kalia and Alex are going to both get hurt. I'm really wishing for some light to see a way out of this dark situation.

Great chapter...but now I have to wait :P

Link to comment
On 09/19/2012 03:16 AM, Conner said:
And that's why guys should always use their own condoms. lmaosmiley.gif It's important to know the "pedigree" of some things. innocent.gif

Early chapters can often be slow, so not to worry. Got to get the background out, find out who's good, who's evil and all that. Although sometimes an author uses the old misdirection tool. whistle.gif Nina is definitely not a girl scout, that's for sure.

Looking forward to more!thumbsup.gif

thanks so much for the review and the words of encourgment, Conner. Though it's a finished story, my writting style as developed a little more, so as I read it I'm like this needs to be changed and that needs to be fixed, it's actually like writing from just an outline. LOL

 

Now to the chapter...Um yeah is not a girlscout for sure. She don't know what she's getting herself into that's for sure. She's a determined little B, that's for sure she thinks she wants in...right now :o The story will pick up in the next chapters. So glad to have you aboard I really appreciate ya.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 09/19/2012 03:28 AM, Krisz said:
My reactions:

"Heath was told to kill him intimately…crush him"

*shudder*

" for Heath, it was already too late. There was an instant attraction to Alec"

*seeing a small ray of hope*

"Bo lied straight faced to Kaila feeling no remorse"

*Kaila's gonna end up hurt. U bastard!*

“Hey cow, what you want to drink?

White wine is cool, and I’m going to spit in your food if you call me a cow again!"

*cracking up*

"She grabbed a safety pin and started poking holes through the wrappers."

*Bitch witch*

 

Perfect pick-me-up for today.. Post next chapter quickly!

Awww, Krisz I totally enjoy you. So much going on it's crazy but trust me my friend it's about to get craizer. You haven't met Mr. Simon yet..hehehe. Heath,Alec,Bo, Kaila and Nina won't know what hit them when it does...just saying. Cheezing like Chester over here, glad I was your pick me up for the day, it's been a while since I was someone's pick me up :D

 

Merci, Krisz

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
On 09/19/2012 09:40 AM, K.C. said:
I'm starting to not like Heath but hating Nina! Bo might be up there too... WTF? Everyone is lying, cheating, self-absorbed...Grrrrrrrr :( it looks like Kalia and Alex are going to both get hurt. I'm really wishing for some light to see a way out of this dark situation.

Great chapter...but now I have to wait :P

KC...YAY!!! so glad to see ya. So you're not liking Heath, and hating Nina eh? LOL Oh and let's not forget Bo with him it's strictly 'BIDNESS' And yeah like I told Joann, it's not called Acts of Deception for nothin...hold on, there's light at the end of the tunnel, but is it attached to a train?

From on of my favorites Authors, I thank you for gracing me with you're presence...*bows*

 

Kim ;)

Link to comment

Oh lordy Nina *shakes head* guess she wants' Heath's baby eh? lol this should be interesting. So Heath is starting to fall for his mark already eh. instant attraction indeed ;) btw i love the name Heath :) a lot of deception going on in this story i love how your stories fit the title lol. can't wait to see what happens next kimmikins :)

Link to comment

Oh man, I think Nina's gonna wind up getting killed before she winds up getting knocked up! What a bitch.

 

I laughed when I read Alec's full name. I didn't realize his name in the previous chapters: Alec Russo, just one letter away from Alex Russo of "Wizards of Waverly Place". Ok, so I think of stupid shit while I'm reading. lol

 

But...it's good that Heath is feeling guilty; something he's never felt before for a target. Maybe there's some way he can be redeemed. But Bo, he's gonna wind up hurting Kaila. (love that name, btw. Heath too, but I keep thinking of Heath Ledger. :( ) I hope Kaila's not becoming too attached.

 

Bo's lie about emailing Heath can totally bite him in the ass if Alec asks him for Heath's email address. What will he do then? lol

 

Another exciting chapter Kim! As always, looking forward to the next update! :)

Link to comment
On 09/20/2012 02:54 AM, Jammi said:
Oh lordy Nina *shakes head* guess she wants' Heath's baby eh? lol this should be interesting. So Heath is starting to fall for his mark already eh. instant attraction indeed ;) btw i love the name Heath :) a lot of deception going on in this story i love how your stories fit the title lol. can't wait to see what happens next kimmikins :)
I know right, Jammi, Nina is worth a shake of the head. I don't think she knows what she's getting into with Heath, hell I'm not sure Heath knows what he's getting into. Danke for all the help and coming through at the last minute. You rock Chica...

I like the name Heath too. I actually worked with a guy named Heath and girl he was smooth as silk and just as fine. ;)

Again thanks so much for editing and posting a review even after we've talked about it and talked about it...lol

Link to comment
On 09/20/2012 03:11 AM, Lisa said:
Oh man, I think Nina's gonna wind up getting killed before she winds up getting knocked up! What a bitch.

 

I laughed when I read Alec's full name. I didn't realize his name in the previous chapters: Alec Russo, just one letter away from Alex Russo of "Wizards of Waverly Place". Ok, so I think of stupid shit while I'm reading. lol

 

But...it's good that Heath is feeling guilty; something he's never felt before for a target. Maybe there's some way he can be redeemed. But Bo, he's gonna wind up hurting Kaila. (love that name, btw. Heath too, but I keep thinking of Heath Ledger. :( ) I hope Kaila's not becoming too attached.

 

Bo's lie about emailing Heath can totally bite him in the ass if Alec asks him for Heath's email address. What will he do then? lol

 

Another exciting chapter Kim! As always, looking forward to the next update! :)

Lisa, in this situation Nina has no idea what she's getting into.

There's an old saying "Be careful what you wish for," Alec Russo,lol I've never heard of 'Wizards of Waverly Place,' you know what they say about great minds. ;)

 

RE: Health, Bo, Alec and Kaila I can't say too much that would ruin it...after the next two chapters I can speak on the story a little more, but remember there are still players out there we haven't actually met yet.

Oh and Kaila is named after my kid with the same spelling, so glad you like it... and Heath I worked with a fine ass man with the same name so I thought it fit :D

 

Hang on Chica, it's going to be an interesting ride.

 

Thanks so much for reading and reviewing, Love your comments to pieces.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Hi Kim, it just chapter 3 its too soon for me to hate Heath.. but i already HATE nina that bicth! hehe.. can't wait for next chpter.. I can see danger in the corner... twist n turn in this story. I wonder who is Alac really is? who is want to ruin his life, heart n love... "pls sir can i more":-) Thxs Kim great as always

Link to comment
On 09/23/2012 05:09 AM, unlikelyu said:
Hi Kim, it just chapter 3 its too soon for me to hate Heath.. but i already HATE nina that bicth! hehe.. can't wait for next chpter.. I can see danger in the corner... twist n turn in this story. I wonder who is Alac really is? who is want to ruin his life, heart n love... "pls sir can i more":-) Thxs Kim great as always
unlikelyu *waves*

 

too soon to hate Heath eh? I can't say too much about him you'll have to wait and see, but yes, Nina is a total bitch she'll be one you might love to hate ;) And you will find out who Alec is soon my pretty, very very soon.

 

And yes maam you can have more...

 

Thank you My dear for still reading and letting me know you're out there.

 

Kim

Link to comment

I really like the characters in this (except for Nina and Bo is...eh...the jury is still out on him). I think you need to develop these characters a bit more. I'd like to know more about who Alec is. What does he do for a living? How did he become so wealthy? How did he and Kaila meet and how long ago? Is there anything he's involved in that could have brought this down on him? What's his romantic history? Whoever hired Heath obviously has very strong feelings which you can tell from the way they are asking for it to be so personal. What is Heath's romantic background? Has he let anyone get close before?

It seems like it will be tough for him to opt out and keep them safe b/c obviously if there are mob connections involved, they'd be in danger.

Link to comment
On 09/24/2012 07:01 AM, Cannd said:
I really like the characters in this (except for Nina and Bo is...eh...the jury is still out on him). I think you need to develop these characters a bit more. I'd like to know more about who Alec is. What does he do for a living? How did he become so wealthy? How did he and Kaila meet and how long ago? Is there anything he's involved in that could have brought this down on him? What's his romantic history? Whoever hired Heath obviously has very strong feelings which you can tell from the way they are asking for it to be so personal. What is Heath's romantic background? Has he let anyone get close before?

It seems like it will be tough for him to opt out and keep them safe b/c obviously if there are mob connections involved, they'd be in danger.

Hey Cannd. You have a lot of great questions and they will be answered in the up coming chapters, stay tuned. with each chapter a little more is revealed. Heath's romantic background is touched on in the next chapter. And we learn more about his past, I promise.

 

How did Alec become so wealthy and how he and Kaila became so close, maybe chapter 5 or 6 and last but not least we will find out more about the person who hired Heath.

 

The Acts of Deception unfolds layer by layer.

I hope you stick with it. It's a bumpy ride that's for sure.

 

Thanks for reading and taking the time to share a review.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Been waiting for the story to be complete before I read it - I am very impatient lol :)

I'm not sure I like Heath :angry: and Nina will probably get herself killed soon (never ask too many questions) . Kaila seems to be very smart though..

stop writing a chapter review CM and read the next chapter !!! lol :hug:

Link to comment
On 02/10/2013 11:34 PM, Slytherin said:
Been waiting for the story to be complete before I read it - I am very impatient lol :)

I'm not sure I like Heath :angry: and Nina will probably get herself killed soon (never ask too many questions) . Kaila seems to be very smart though..

stop writing a chapter review CM and read the next chapter !!! lol :hug:

slytherin, reviews fuel the writers soul...I love them..LOL funny a lot of readers when I posted this years ago didn't like heath or Nina, believe it or not Simon had a following..hehe

 

thanks so much for reading I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

 

Kim

 

Oh and Kaila is a doll :D

Link to comment

I´m feeling sorry for Alec and Kaila, they are both being lied at. Still not quite sure what to think about Heath, but Nina I don´t like and I think Bo will end up being not liked as well.

Very intriguing story :*)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..