Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 1,048 Words
  • 8,897 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hello, My Name is... - 1. Chapter 1 Sneak Peek...

This chapter is short because it's just a Prologue actually...I'm hoping to peek your interest...

The voices off in the distance became closer, clearer. There was a familiarity to them but he couldn’t make out what they were saying, their voices were somewhat distorted. His eyelids felt heavy as he tried to force them open, only to shut them quickly. The brightness of the lights was almost unbearable, causing a sharp pain to shoot through his head as he tried to focus. He took a deep breath and held it, even as he relaxed into the softness beneath him. “Okay, let’s try this again,” he said to himself. He released the breath he was holding and slowly opened his eyes once more. This time he struggled through the pain and the brightness.

He looked around the room slowly, squinting, everything becoming clearer with each blink of the eyes. His eyes landed on the television mounted on the wall. That’s where the voices were coming from, he concluded since he was the only one in the room. He sighed disappointedly as he lifted his hand toward his head. “Ouch…What the hell?” He winced at the pain shooting through his arm. He looked down at his hand and frowned at the IV taped to the back of it.

The white walls, beeping monitors and the array of plants, flowers and get well cards were a sure sign that he was in the hospital, but why? What happened? He tried to remember. Tried to think, but it was all “muddy”.

He continued to glance around the room, taking in his surroundings. A small smile creased his lips when he noticed the drawings on the wall, there were several of them. They were done in crayons, obviously by a small child. One stood out, the picture had a bright yellow sun suspended in mid air, a few clouds in the sky and a family made of stick figures sitting on green grass having a picnic with the words ‘Get Well Daddy,’ written with a black crayon across the sun. “I’m a dad,” he mouthed. His smile widened when he glanced down at the simple gold band that adorned his finger on his left hand. “And, I’m married,” he stated more than asked, approvingly.

The name, Dana written in chalk on the blackboard caught his attention. Maybe she could provide him with some answers. He reached for the call button and was about to press it when…

“Well, Christian…welcome back,” the pleasant voice greeted him as she made her way over to the bed.

Okay, so my name is Christian,” he thought to himself. “Hi,” he returned the greeting. His hoarse, scratchy voice met his ears and caused him to wrinkle his nose, frowning at the sound of it. The young woman giggled at his response and smiled.

“It’s okay,” she laughed, “You haven’t used your voice in a while, that’s to be expected. We just removed the tube from your throat a couple of days ago,” she informed him casually while reviewing his chart. He opened his mouth to speak, swallowing down the dryness and taste of metal that coated his tongue. “Here,” She handed him a small cup of water. “Drink this. Be careful your throat might hurt a little,” she cautioned him. “I’m Dana by the way.” She nodded to the chalkboard. “And I’m your morning nurse,” she informed him with a warm smile. “Boy, David is going to be thrilled when he sees you.”

“David?” He parroted in a raspy tone before gulping down the last of his water. “Thank you.” He smiled as he handed her back the cup. “Who’s David?”

“Ahhh…” Dana opened her mouth signaling her patient to do the same. Christian mimicked her as she placed the thermometer in his mouth. He relaxed his head against the pillow while watching her every move. “So, what’s Victor doing today?” She giggled, glancing toward the television. Christian shrugged his shoulder somewhat confused, but what else was new.

Christian didn’t know it, but everyday at the same time, the television was turned on to the same channel. It was suggested by his doctor as a part of his therapy. She checked his pulse and jotted down notes while waiting for the instrument to beep. She smiled kindly before pulling the thermometer from his mouth, reading his temperature. “98.5. Perfect.”

“So what happened? Why am I here?” He asked as he watched her making notes in the chart. Dana nodded but didn’t look up from her pad until she was finished.

She took a deep breath, pressed the metal binder against her chest and asked. “How much do you remember?”

“Nothing…” He said disappointedly. “I take it I was in some sort of accident,” he suggested with a questioning gaze.

“I don’t know much about it, but yes,” she replied. “You suffered blunt trauma to the head at a work site.” She explained. Christian’s hand instinctively reached in his hair, searching for any truth to what Dana was saying. He closed his eyes tightly and sighed when his fingers grazed over a bald spot, gingerly tracing over the thick stiches, validating the nurse’s claim.

“Oh my god…” Christian mouthed in awe. “Is that why I can’t remember anything?” He asked receiving a slow nod from Dana. His next question was a valid one. “Is it permanent?”

“I need to get the doctor and call David,” Dana said as she turned to leave.

“So, I gather I’m married.” He held up his left hand. “I have kids?” He nodded toward the drawings.

“You do.” Dana smiled fondly at the pictures Christian’s boys had drawn. “I know you have a lot of questions. Most of them I’m not at liberty to answer. But Doctor Goens and David will fill you in when they get here.” She pressed her lips together into a tight smile.

“Where’s my wife?” He asked as he rested his back against the pillows. “And who’s David? My dad…my brother?”

“Um…David?” She repeated as she placed the chart down at the foot of the bed, “David is not your brother or father. David is your husband.”

“My what?” He gasped in totally disbelief, staring at her as if she had two heads. “Is that even legal?” He asked incredulously.

“It’s legal.”

“Well, that’s not possible. I’m not gay,” Christian stated simply.

The actual story will begin in a couple of weeks,and for those of you reading, Then Came You, we have two chapters left. Chapter one of this story is almost ready to post...almost.
Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ahhh no way! I didn't see that coming at the end of the chapter ohmy.png And now the waiting begins... I'm excited to see what happens :D

Link to comment

Ha! Yeah, I ditto intune; I totally did NOT see that one coming! I thought he had a WIFE and kids, lol! And he's not gay! Poor David, boy will HE be disappointed!

 

Can't wait to read more Nap! :)

Link to comment
On 02/26/2012 03:00 PM, intune said:
Ahhh no way! I didn't see that coming at the end of the chapter ohmy.png And now the waiting begins... I'm excited to see what happens :D
Thanks intune, I'm really excited about this. I want to take my time and explore everything... I'll actually start posting after the last chapter of Then Came You...I think. lol :D if I can wait till then... again, thanks so much for the review...I appreciate it soooo much.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 02/26/2012 03:41 PM, Lisa said:
Ha! Yeah, I ditto intune; I totally did NOT see that one coming! I thought he had a WIFE and kids, lol! And he's not gay! Poor David, boy will HE be disappointed!

 

Can't wait to read more Nap! :)

Lol, a wife would have thrown a wrench into the program for sure. hahaha It's funny when I write I kind of fall in love with the characters, and I'm a David fan already... and yes according to Christian, he is not gay ;)

 

Thanks for the review, Lisa, more to come soon.

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
On 02/26/2012 09:55 PM, Daniel89 said:
What Lisa said!

I like this, now I have to wait for more *pout*

Sorry you have to wait Daniel89. You shouldn't have to wait too long. I finished the chapter 2 last night :D :D I hope to keep your attention and you enjoy the rest of the story... wait till you meet David and the kids... lol

 

Thanks for the review...comments are fuel for the soul.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 02/26/2012 10:02 PM, Frostina said:
oooh! wow!

 

Didnt see THAT coming! nope! you've certainly got me hooked! cant wait for more!! :D

Hooked is very, very good. Love that you're digging the story... more to come soon...I promise.

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

I've been reading this story but I've been a little quiet here on GA, but I wanted you to know that I'm really enjoying the story. What a different twist. I like it and can't wait for more :D

Link to comment
On 04/02/2012 12:05 AM, K.C. said:
I've been reading this story but I've been a little quiet here on GA, but I wanted you to know that I'm really enjoying the story. What a different twist. I like it and can't wait for more :D
Why, thank you, KC. I really appriciate you stepping out of your quiet zone to let me know you were out there. *hugs* I'm excited to see where this story goes, so I'm hoping you'll stick around for the ride...

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

I'm so in love with this story! Now...I do have to mention that I have seen 'The Vow' (which was an awesome movie) but....this story is sooooo much better!!

Link to comment
On 04/02/2012 12:30 AM, MarqMur said:
I'm so in love with this story! Now...I do have to mention that I have seen 'The Vow' (which was an awesome movie) but....this story is sooooo much better!!
MarqMur...Danke for the review, letting me know you're reading. Funny you mentioned The Vow, I have yet to see it, but the previews looked great! My inspriation for this story is a little older, one called, 'Regarding Henry' staring Harrison Ford, it's a sweet endearing movie. Oh and thanks for the compliment *blushing over here* I hope not to disapoint and keep you reading.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Ok my first reaction is WHAT! Lol, i read the description, but didnt think it was that bad... But i was wrong... Reading chapter 2 now...

Link to comment
On 06/01/2012 03:19 AM, Remijay said:
Ok my first reaction is WHAT! Lol, i read the description, but didnt think it was that bad... But i was wrong... Reading chapter 2 now...
Remijay,I'm truly hoping that you enjoy Hello My Name is...the discription got ya, eh? hehehe. Can't wait to hear what you think. Thanks for letting me know you were out there and I hope you enjoy the ride...

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Hi there:) don't know how i could not see this story, but ok now i'm here and have something to look forward to... just finished this indroduction and guess what ... you have me on the hook ...lol. a very intersting topic and to top it off the "" i'm not gay "" at the end was unexpected .. well this leaves room for heartache, confusion and so much more<3 MWAH!!

Link to comment
On 07/16/2012 08:32 AM, asonearth said:
Hi there:) don't know how i could not see this story, but ok now i'm here and have something to look forward to... just finished this indroduction and guess what ... you have me on the hook ...lol. a very intersting topic and to top it off the "" i'm not gay "" at the end was unexpected .. well this leaves room for heartache, confusion and so much more<3 MWAH!!
Nettie Poo...Welcome, Girl. Miss ya. we're near the end, but like you said, you have something to look forward too. Oh and thanks for the hook up on FB love ya, chica. and no Christian is not gay...let him tell it. hehehe
Link to comment

The story description was intriguing, it got me interested and this introduction has me firmly encamped. I'm new to your writing, Kim and this looks like a good story to begin with.

Link to comment
On 10/29/2013 02:38 PM, Ron said:
The story description was intriguing, it got me interested and this introduction has me firmly encamped. I'm new to your writing, Kim and this looks like a good story to begin with.
Welcome aboard Ron. I'm sure hoping you enjoy this story. I really had fun writing it. And thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..