Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 4,706 Words
  • 6,028 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hello, My Name is... - 18. Chapter 18 We've Only Just Begun...

The night before the wedding is anything but uneventful as Christian and David soon learn to expect the unexpected.

She leaned forward, placing her hand on the leather seat in front of her to get a steady, closer view. “You sure this is the right address?” She asked doubtfully as she peered out over the manicured lawn.

“Yes, Ma’am.” The driver nodded as he reviewed the address written on the small piece of paper. “This is it,” he stated positively.

She sat back using her finger to daintily swoop the stray strands of hair behind her ear and sighed as she rested her back against the seat.

She wasn’t sure what she expected, but this wasn’t it. The house looked like all the other houses in the neighborhood. It wasn’t some outlandish color. There wasn’t a rainbow flag blowing off in the breeze or loud music disturbing the neighbors, no, none of that. She did notice an SUV, car, and two motorcycles parked in the driveway and she couldn’t hide the smile that creased her lips. She was sure that one of those bikes belonged to her son. Yes, this was indeed the right house.

“Ma’am?” The deep voice pulled her from her reverie.

“Um. Yes?”

“I’m pretty sure this is the place. Are you going in or not?”

“I’m sorry?”

“The meter’s running.”

“I’m aware of that, Son. I’m paying, remember?”

The cab driver shrugged his shoulders pulled his baseball cap further down on his head and relaxed into his seat. “I got all night,” he mumbled under his breath. Marcia shook her head at hearing his comment and heaved a heavy sigh before turning her attention back to the house. She could see lights shining from inside, that and the vehicles parked outside almost guaranteed her son was home.

“Seriously?” David chucked behind his glass.

“Yeah, Man, can you believe that shit?” Jimmy laughed before turning up his bottle of beer. “Wonders never cease.” He shook his head taking several gulps.

“That’s crazy.” David mimicked Jimmy by shaking his head in disbelief.

Jimmy was relating a story of an irate customer he had to contend with that afternoon while Christian and Taggart were in the kitchen cleaning up after their small dinner party. Tibby, her husband Paul, and their two sons had joined them earlier but after dinner they headed home taking Ethan and Liam with them. Tomorrow was not only a big day for Christian and David, but for the kids as well and they needed their rest.

“Yeah.” Jimmy caught sight of David from the corner of his eye, noticing the look of concern as he glanced off toward the kitchen. “You okay, Man?” He asked placing a comforting hand of David’s shoulder.

“Does he seem okay to you?” He asked his attention still focused on the room where his husband and Taggart had disappeared to.

“Who, Christian?” Jimmy questioned with an arched brow.

“Yeah.”

“He seems better than okay, David, he seems great actually.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.” Jimmy flashed him a smile. “My baby says he’s good, so he’s good. Tag knows Chris better than anyone else. When he starts to worry, then you worry,” he assured him. “My question is how are you?”

“I’m good. I just want all of this to be over so we can go back to the way it was,” David voiced.

“You do know it may never go back to the way it was, don’t you?”

David looked at Jimmy with confusion etched into his features.

“Christian may never get his memory back,” he reminded him, “it sucks, I know, but it’s true.”

“Yeah, it does,” David agreed as his dragged his hand roughly down his chin. “It’s like hitting the delete button by accident erasing all the memory. And that hurts. It hurts like hell.”

Jimmy nodded slowly, his heart bleeding for his friend. He couldn’t completely understand what David was going through nor would he insult him by saying that he did. Sure it was Christian who was in the accident, Christian who lost his memory, but in essence David was suffering here as well and Jimmy wasn’t sure who if felt sorrier for.

“He doesn’t look at me the same,” David said faintly. “It’s not in a bad way, you understand, it’s just before I could feel it, you know?” He scratched at his temple. “I could feel the emotions behind those eyes, the depth of them. I had no doubt that I held his heart and now...” His voice trailed off leaving the statement open for interpretation. That Jimmy did understand and could relate to.

“I understand,” Jimmy stated honestly. Jimmy thought back to Taggart’s dark eyes seeing the love, the honestly and most importantly for him anyway, the trust. Taggart trusted him with his life, and to Jimmy that carried a great responsibly, one he was determined to uphold.

“Do you?” He heard David ask.

“Trust me…I do.”

“And the wedding,” David added with a sigh. “It’s not for the reason it was before. Before when we got married it was because we loved each other and were ready to move forward with our lives together and now it’s-“

“It’s even more profound, David,” Jimmy finished the statement before. “He’s doing it now to confirm the decision he made the first time. He wants to remember it and I think that’s amazing. And you know what else?” He sent David a lopsided smile.

“What?” David chuckled softly.

“I think you’re pretty damn amazing too for agreeing to it. After the first time…Wow.”

“I love him,” David stated simply. “Besides, he’s been a hell of a lot better this time. Calmer.”

“I’ll drink to that.” He saluted David with his bottle. “I thought he and Baby were going to kill each other last time.”

“Yeah.” David chucked as they clanked their glass and bottle together. Both men shook their heads sharing a knowing glance before turning up their drinks.

“Man, you guys are giving me a complex here.” Christian laughed humorously as he and Taggart entered the room.

“Oh?” David coughed almost choking as he tried to swallow his drink.

“It’s okay, I’ve proved all of you wrong this time. Didn’t I?” Christian sent David a cheeky grin.

“He’s got a point.” Taggart laughed as he motioned for Jimmy to sit back so he could sit on his lap. Christian took his place next to David giving him two condescending pats on the knee.

Um, yeah.” David cleared his throat before taking another drink.

“You guys done in the kitchen, Babe?” Jimmy asked before kissing Taggart on the temple.

“Yep, we’re done and we better get going. We all have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow.”

“We do,” Christian agreed. He pushed himself up from his seat offering his hand to David.

“Thanks.” David clasped their hands together as Christian pulled him to his feet.

“We’re not forgetting anything, are we?” Taggart questioned as he and Jimmy followed them to the front door.

“No.” Christian glanced back over his shoulder. “Sylvia seems to have everything under control; all we have to do is show up.”

“She’s really good,” Taggart praised, “And to think she came as part of the package.”

“I know, right?” Christian chuckled. “Too bad we didn’t use them the first time around.”

“I second that,” David deadpanned.

“Hey!” Christian playfully pushed David in the back causing him to stumble forward. Once at the door David opened it, allowing everyone to step out onto the porch.

“It’s a beautiful night,” Taggart noted looking up at the starry midnight sky. “There’s not a cloud in the sky.”

“Nope,” Christian agreed as he placed his arm around David’s waist. “Nor is there a chance for rain, so everything should go well tomorrow.”

“And if it does rain, they’ll just move the wedding inside, so no worries there either,” Taggart offered, receiving agreeing nods from everyone. “Alright, Sweetie if that’s it, then we’ll see you in the morning.”

The wedding was an evening event, but the four of them were arriving early, taking advantage of everything their exclusive packages had to offer. First thing was a full course buffet breakfast then a relaxing body massage for all four of them. After that they were to retire to their individual rooms were they would be served a light lunch and spend the rest of the afternoon resting until it was time for the wedding.

Christian pulled away from David to give his friend a proper hug. “Thank you,” he whispered before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Everyone gave each other a tight hug before bidding their farewells.

David wrapped his arm around Christian’s waist pulling him close again. Christian rested his head on David’s shoulder while they watched Taggart and Jimmy suit up and climb on their bike. Jimmy revved the engine and Taggart tightened his grip around his husband’s waist, his body jerking just a little as they slowly rolled off onto the driveway. Jimmy picked up speed as the wheels hit the street. Christian and David could hear the engine off in the distance as Jimmy sped down the street.

They stood on the porch until the roar of the engine faded off into the night. Now it was just to two of them and comfortable silence. Christian shifted slightly so he was facing David as he tightened his hold on him.

“I love you, you know?” Christian smiled into David’s kind eyes.

“I know.” David lowered his head, and Christian tilted his upward till their lips brushed lightly against each other’s. Christian’s breath hitched slightly and he pulled back to catch his breath. Their eyes met with intensity as they shared another kiss, this one filled with passion, desire, and most of all hope. They were so lost in each other they didn’t notice the yellow cab with is park lights on across the street.

She stilled her shoulders bravely stepping onto the porch. She nervously fixed her hair that she wore in a neat bun and smoothed out the invisible wrinkles from her skirt before ringing the doorbell.

“I’ll get it!” Christian called out as he jogged casually to the door. “I wonder…”

He stood in shocked silence. His eyes were wide and his mouth agape as if he was seeing a ghost. “Mom?” The words staggered from his mouth.

“Christian.” His mom sent him a warm smile as she extended her arms welcoming him into them.

“Mom,” he choked out as he fell into her embrace. A rush of emotions knocked the air from his lungs and he didn’t know what to feel, how to channel the emotions. Confusion, elation, sorrow, all he knew was he felt safe just like he did when he was a child. He didn’t remember much, but he remembered what being wrapped in her arms felt like and it felt the same. There was a warm rush overtaking him, he blinked several times and the flood gates were released, the tears streamed down his cheeks wetting his face and her shirt, but he didn’t care.

“Who was at the-“ David stopped mid stride his eyes widened in awe as he watched Christian and his mother. He was speechless and he didn’t want to disturb the moment. He inhaled deeply scratching behind his ear getting lost in thought. He didn’t know what to make of this unexpected visit the day before their wedding. Did she know they were getting re-married? If she did, how? He didn’t contact her and he was sure Christian didn’t either, so how did she know? Taggart perhaps? He was about to back out of the room when Christian’s mother glanced up meeting David stare head on.

Um.” She slowly released her hold on her son and nodded over his shoulder. Christian stepped back a little disoriented glancing over his shoulder as well.

“David.” He extended his hand to his husband motioning for him to join them. He sniffed using the other hand to hang on to his mother for fear if he let go she would disappear and this would all be a dream. “David.” He choked out though excited laughter. “You sneak.”

“Huh?” David squinted as he eyed her cautiously. Marcia clasped her hands in front of her sending David a cool smile. Christian used the back of his hand to wipe away the tears that stained his cheeks.

“You asked me if I’d heard from Mom when all along you had this planned. How did you and Tag keep this from me? Tag can’t hold water.” He giggled excitedly like a little boy who just un-wrapped a surprised birthday or Christmas gift.

Um, Christian.” David glanced at Marcia before turning his attention to his husband, “I’m sorry, but I can’t take credit for this. I didn’t know she was coming.” He looked at her with an incredulous stare, still a little taken a back himself.

“What?” Christian creased his brow and slowly released the hold he had on her. He turned to her for answers. “Mom? You’re not here for the wedding?” There was a look of complexity and confusion as he waited.

“Wedding?” She frowned as she looked at David then back to Christian. “What wedding?”

“If you’re not here for the wedding, then what are you doing here?’ Christian eased over toward David.

“I thought you two called yourselves married already, so whose wedding would I be coming for? Surely not yours,” she informed them, her tone laced with utter disapproval.

“David and I are repeating out vows.”

“Oh, Jesus.” Marcia rolled her eyes in disgust. “I can assure you I’m not here for some mock wedding.”

“Mock wedding?” Christian parroted. “What do you mean?”

“You’re mocking the lord by doing this. You do know that, don’t you?”

“Oh my god, Mom.” Christian’s shaky fingers struggled through his hair. “Why are you here?” He whined feeling over-whelmed.

Shhh.” David wrapped his arms around Christian’s waist, exhaling deeply when he felt no resistance from him. “It’s okay.”

Christian’s mom cupped her mouth with a look of repulsion in her eyes at their public display of affection.

“I left you a message over a week ago. Didn’t you get it? I know I had the right number because your voice was on the answering machine.”

“I didn’t get any message,” Christian replied looking to David for confirmation. David shrugged his shoulders and shook his head agreeing with Christian. “We didn’t get any message so why are you here?”

“I came for you, Son.” She stated simply. “I came to sell the house in Mississippi and see if I could convince you to go back to Africa with me. The church could really use strong, god fearing men like yourself.”

“God fearing…what?”

“May I sit down?” She smiled cordially and nodded to the sofa.

Christian shook his head as if he was warding off confusion. “Um…sure.” He scratched between his brows. He and David stepped back allowing her room to pass.

The large family portrait over the mantel caught her attention and she stopped for a moment allowing her eyes to rest on the two small boys in the picture. She took a deep breath, tightened her hold on her purse strap and made her way over to the sofa without uttering a word.

She sat down showing obvious sighs of discontent as she glanced around the room, taking it all in. Christian and David slowly made their way to where she was sitting and Christian settled down in the chair across from her. He leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees and tilted his head slightly.

“Mom,” Christian started to speak as David stood behind him resting a supporting hand on his shoulder. “We’ve had this talk already…remember?”

“I know, Son, but that was right after you got out of the hospital. You were still confused. I wanted to give you time.”

“Give me time.” Christian pursed his lips bobbing his head. “You wanted to give me time,” he repeated staring at her as if she had two heads.

“Yes.” She smiled politely.

“Time for what?” Christian challenged with a dismissive shrug of the shoulder. “Time for what, Mom?”

“Um, David.” She glanced over Christian’s shoulder. “Do you mind if I have a word with my son… alone?”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea. I think-“

“It’s okay, David.” Christian grabbed David’s hand giving it a gentle squeeze. “I’ll be fine. I promise.”

“Are you sure?” David asked, his eyes fixed on Marcia.

“Positive.”

“I’d be insulted coming from anyone else,” She stated snidely. “What, you think I would harm my son? On the contrary I’m here to save him.”

“From me?” David asked incredulously as he pointed to himself. He made his way away around the chair so he was now standing beside Christian. “You think I would hurt him? I love him.”

“Shut up!” Marcia said her tone an octave higher than she intended.

“Mom!?” Christian jumped to his feet taking his stand beside his husband. “This is David’s home. I will not let you talk to him that way.” Christian tried to suppress his tone as he felt himself giving in to anger.

“Your father was right. A man cannot love another man in the manner in which he speaks, Christian.” She voiced her tone even and frightfully calm. “David, I believe my son asked you to give us a moment.”

David stood firm, unwavering.

“Please.”

“Christian?”

Christian stood for a moment locking gazes with his mother and nodded slowly. “Go.”

“Okay,” David conceded as he hesitantly backed away. He glanced over his shoulder before disappearing down the hall. Christian slowly took his seat across from his mother once more. There was a moment of silence, neither one wanting to speak first.

“You said you came back to sell the house in Mississippi, yet you end up in Boston.” Christian finally broke the silence.

“Yes.” Marcia took a relaxing breath. “Like I said I was hoping we could do this together.”

“Do what? Sell the house, convince me to move to Africa…What?” He laughed humorlessly.

“This is no laughing matter, Christian,” She chided seriously. “I came back here to sell the house, yes. I have no use for it. My days will be lived out doing the lord’s work. Helping where the need is great. Your father wanted it, he was commissioned to do it and as his wife it’s my duty to fulfill that commission,” she stated passionately. “This wasn’t the life he wanted for you, Son, and it’s not too late. You can divorce this man. Give those innocent kids up for adoption so they can end up in a nice loving home, you can even request-“

“Give up my sons, Mom!” Christian yelled through clinched teeth. That hit a nerve. “Give up my babies?” He pulled at his hair in frustration. “Now I’m insulted.”

“You can request they be placed in a loving home, a Christian home-“

“This is a loving home! Those boys…my sons. Our sons have been with us since they left the hospital. Those are my sons!” He pounded at his chest as the tears started streaming from his eyes. “I love them!” He spat through haggard breaths. “I would never give them up. I would die for them! What are you talking adoption? Have you lost your mind?” He cried. David was at the doorway in seconds after hearing the outburst. He stopped at the door watching the scene play out before him. He wanted to come to his husband’s aid, but thought better of it. This was a mother and her son. He needed to stay out of it.

“Christian!” His mother dramatically dropped to her knees. “Let us pray, Son,” She begged, prayer fixes everything. Dear lord.” She clasped her hands together tightly. “I pray that you removed the wicked demon from within my son. Spare his life, father.”

Christian looked on dumbfounded, his mouth agape. He let her go on until he could no longer stand it.

“Mom!?” He grabbed her by the hands. “Stop!”

“Christian!” She sobbed uncontrollably. Christian fell to his knees wrapping his mother tightly in his arms.

Shhh, Momma. Please, don’t. Don’t cry.” He and his mom cried together as he rocked her like a baby rubbing soothing circles over her back as David watched on from a distance.

“No prayer is going to fix me, Momma,” he whispered soothingly in her ear, “cause I’m not broken. I’m not broken, Momma. I am who I am. This is me,” he continued as the tears streaked his cheeks. “I’m happy. I’m a good person. A good father to my sons. They are healthy, happy and safe.”

“But-“

“No buts, Momma.” He slowly released her. Their eyes were swollen and red. “I love my husband.”

Christian’s mom covered her ears. “I will not listen to this.” She shook her head vehemently. Christian gently pulled her hands down from her ears forcing a sad smile.

“You may not listen but you’re going to hear me. David is my husband and I love him,” he stated with conviction. “No prayer is going to change that. My life is here with him and our sons, Ethan and Liam. I love you Momma, and I would love for you to get to know him, but more importantly get to know your grandsons.” He used the back of his hand to wipe his runny nose. “I love you, I always will and I’ll always be here for you but I can’t let you disrespect my home, my family and most of all me.”

“Christian, I’m not wrong. It’s not too late.”

“Mom?” Christian tilted his head slightly trying to make eye contact.

David sensed that everything was under control and eased back down the hall using his hand to wipe away his tears.

Christian and his mother talked for what felt like hours, neither one conceding. He even ended up making a pot of tea for them to share.

“It’s after midnight. I really should get going,” She said looking at her watch. “I have an early flight in the morning.”

“Okay.” Christian smiled softly as he pushed himself up from the table. His mother did the same and followed him over to the counter. He rinsed out both of their cups and placed them in the sink.

“Are you sure you don’t want to say here tonight? We have an extra room,” he offered.

“Son, I couldn’t with a clear conscience stay in this house, knowing what’s going on in the other room.”

“What? Sleep?” Christian laughed lightly trying to lighten the mood. Marcia cocked her head to the side and pursed her lips sending her son a chastising glare. “I’m joking, Mother. So I guess the wedding is out?” He pushed the envelope even more.

“Indeed.”

“Well, can I take you to the hotel?”

“No, my cab should be waiting.”

“Still?” Christian balked. “All this time? You know how much that’s going to cost?”

“No money is too much when the life of your child is at stake.” She smiled. “Besides, living in Africa I spend very little on living expenses, what’s a couple hundred? I say it was money well spent.” She cupped her son’s cheek and placed a tender kiss on it. “Now walk me to the door, will you?”

Once at the door, Christian took a deep breath. “I love you.”

“I love you, and Christian?”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

“Your father loved you too.” She smiled sadly. “Remember what you said earlier?”

“Which part?” Christian scratched at his scalp, “We’ve said so much.”

“You said you would die for you sons. Remember that?”

“I do. And I meant every word.”

“Your dad felt the same way. What happened was not your fault. It was an accident. He died coming here to save you. So believe it or not, I get it.”

Christian chewed on the inside of his cheek and nodded slowly. Though he didn’t feel like it was the same, for some strange reason, he got it too.

He watched as she made her way down the sidewalk and across the street standing there until she was safely inside the cab. He felt like an emotional wreck as more tears streamed down his cheeks. In his heart he knew this was the last time he would see her. He waited till the car was clearly out of sight before closing and locking the door.

He cut off all the lights and dragged his tired body to his and David’s bedroom. A warm, genuine smile brightened his features when he saw his husband sitting up in bed waiting for him.

“Are you okay?” David asked softly.

Christian nibbled on his lower lip and nodded. He didn’t try to speak because he knew if he did he would burst into tears.

David pulled the covers back patting the place beside him as he watched an exhausted Christian peel out of his clothes and climb into bed with him.

Once Christian was comfortable David lovingly covered him up.

“Hold me,” Christian whispered as he snuggled closer to David.

“I can do that.” David wrapped Christian in one arm and with the other cut off the light on the nightstand before using his body to shield Christian’s as he laid partially over him.

Morning came way too quickly. Christian shifted within his husband’s warm embrace when he heard a light tapping at the door.

“Ughhh,” he groaned as he threw the pillow over his head waiting to see if it would stop and to his surprise, it did. He closed his eyes in an attempt to go back to sleep. His alarm hadn’t gone off so he knew he had more time to sleep but curiosity got the better of him. Flowers from David perhaps. He eased out of bed careful not to wake his sleeping husband.

He peeped out the door and sure enough no one was waiting. “David,” he smiled contently as his fingers combed through his tangle tresses. He opened the door expecting to find flowers, to his surprise there were none. There was however a thick manila folder with his name written across it. “What is this?” He wondered aloud as he bent down to pick it up. He glanced around before opening the seal.

“What?” He questioned again as he pulled out a few legal documents; the deed to his parent’s home. What the…?” He watched as a small hand written paper fluttered to the ground. He knelt down to pick up the paper which read.

Dear Christian,

I’ve decided to head back to Africa early. My work here is done, and I’m needed back there.

I have a favor to ask of you. I need you to insure that the house is sold, inside is the realtor’s card; he’ll be expecting a call from you in a few days. I know this will be inconvenient for you, but could you please meet with him and go over the legal stuff and make arrangements to have everything removed from the house and donated to charity? The name of the organization I want to stuff to go to is inside as well.

Once the house is sold I would appreciate it if you put the money in a trust fund for your sons. Please don’t tell them it’s from me. I know I’ll never meet them, I can’t. It just wouldn’t be right. Can you do that for me? I’m trusting you son.

Love, Marcia

 

“Chris, is everything alright? Who’s at the door?”

“Everything’s fine,” Christian assured him. He tried to wipe away the tears before turning to face his husband.

“What’s that?” He nodded to the envelope in Christian’s hand.

“I’ll tell you later.” Christian tossed the packet on the table. “Is it against tradition to have sex before the wedding?” He asked as he fell into David’s arms.

“I think so.”

“Does it count if you’re already married?”

Hummm.” David cocked his head thoughtfully. “Nawh.”

“Good, because I sure could use some lovin’ this morning.”

“I can arrange that.” David laughed as they headed down the hall.

“Yeah, coffee won’t cut it.” Christian chuckled as David led them into the bedroom.

See ya at the Wedding and don't be late!
A/N: Sending a Super Sized Shout out to all of you. Thanks for your review, smiley faces, frowns and the like. You guys make this story writting thing so much fun!
Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 4
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Excellent chapter. We finally get to meet Christian's mother, the house money for the grandkids sort of redeemed her. Great writing... I guess we're all gonna be going to the chapel unless ya throw a monkey wrench in the works!!!!

I'm still waiting, albeit non too patiently for my Kaleb......

 

RC

Link to comment

WOW! All through the previous chapter, i was like.... 'WHO was the message in the answering machine from?' lol.

Anywhoo.... really loved how you portrayed the mom/son dynamic.

and NOW... for the wedding! :D

**goes hunting for the perfect dress**

Link to comment

Love u Kim(in a totally non-internet-stalker appropriate way)

Yay!! *breaks into a little jig* I'm going to the wedding! :)

Do I need to say more?! :P

Link to comment
On 07/25/2012 12:23 AM, Swhouston44 said:
Excellent chapter. We finally get to meet Christian's mother, the house money for the grandkids sort of redeemed her. Great writing... I guess we're all gonna be going to the chapel unless ya throw a monkey wrench in the works!!!!

I'm still waiting, albeit non too patiently for my Kaleb......

 

RC

Danke, RC, glad you enjoyed the chapter. I'm sure Christian's mom had a heart somewhere in there. I'm sure Christian will uphold her wishes re the house. Monkey wrench in the wedding eh? Well I guess you just have to be there, ;)

Oh and yes, you've been patient...remember I got ya and I think you'll like it. :D :D it's my next project.

Link to comment
On 07/25/2012 12:35 AM, Frostina said:
WOW! All through the previous chapter, i was like.... 'WHO was the message in the answering machine from?' lol.

Anywhoo.... really loved how you portrayed the mom/son dynamic.

and NOW... for the wedding! :D

**goes hunting for the perfect dress**

Hey Frosty, the mystery is solved...lol I actually felt that needed to happen in order for Chris to really move forward. Standing up to her and not shrinking back, like he said he is who he is, and he is a good person, so. Merci for the kind review. Macys is having a sale, just saying ;) LOL
Link to comment
On 07/25/2012 04:24 AM, Krisz said:
Love u Kim(in a totally non-internet-stalker appropriate way)

Yay!! *breaks into a little jig* I'm going to the wedding! :)

Do I need to say more?! :P

Love you too Krisz(in a totally non-internet-stalker appropriate way) Hehehe. See ya at the wedding. Christian and David have a seat reserved just for you. :D
Link to comment

Ding! Ding! Ding! Do I get a gold star for guessing that Christian's Momma was going to show up? AND cause trouble? :P (double star!)

But...you mislead us...There was no wedding bells in this chapter! :(

I'm glad that Christian stood up to her. It's sad when parents are so narrowminded that they are willing to sacrifice a relationship with their child! I think she did the right thing with the money from the house sale. Can't she see that she's the one losing out on a wonderful relationship with her grandchildren!

Link to comment
On 07/25/2012 09:35 AM, K.C. said:
Ding! Ding! Ding! Do I get a gold star for guessing that Christian's Momma was going to show up? AND cause trouble? :P (double star!)

But...you mislead us...There was no wedding bells in this chapter! :(

I'm glad that Christian stood up to her. It's sad when parents are so narrowminded that they are willing to sacrifice a relationship with their child! I think she did the right thing with the money from the house sale. Can't she see that she's the one losing out on a wonderful relationship with her grandchildren!

You are so right KC, that wasn't my intention, I promise. I was going to end the story with this chapter,but then as I started writing, I realized that Chris and his mother needed their time and I didn't want to rush it for two reasons. One they deserved their time and second the last chapter needed to be seperate. I didn't want too much going on in one chapter, sometimes when you do that some of the important stuff gets lost or missed. so my dear forgive me.

 

Yes, you get two stars, no make that 3...lol you rock big time, my dear.

As you mentioned Chris needed to stand up to his mother, and in the end she didn't agree or accept his life, but she does have a heart deep down, and selling the house and giving the money to her grandchildren was the right thing to do.

Thanks for taking the time to read and post a review, I know you are busy churing out great chapters...now off to read...LOL

 

Kim

Link to comment

So I guess my real question now is: Will Christian remember anything? I know you can't tell me... but I still wanna know :D

Link to comment
On 07/25/2012 10:57 AM, intune said:
So I guess my real question now is: Will Christian remember anything? I know you can't tell me... but I still wanna know :D
Haha, intune, I wont tell you, but you get to find out before anyone else does...Hehehe :D
Link to comment

This chapter is just amazing from beginning to end chica. I loved how it began with the mom sitting in the cab. I knew from the minute she wondered about the house that she was a piece of work. You sure do paint some colorful characters that is for sure. She didn't disappoint either. I think what i liked most about christian and his mom was the fact that neither were willing to back down on their convictions which sometimes is not a bad thing at all. they knew where they stood, and nothing was going to change their minds. and I think deep down Chris knew that even if he wanted to see her stay for the wedding, he knew she wouldn't. he said as much to DAvid right? that her feelings weren't going to change.

 

such an emotional ride these two took and Christian sticking up for his family. bravo to him. Also enjoyed David and Jimmy's talk about Christian too. I love that we got to see how David was feeling about this, and how he is still unsettled by Christian's memory loss. As Jimmy reflected, David is suffering here too. i am glad you brought that part out too. Jimmy's right though; CHristian is profound. :D i could go on but you've heard me gush about this chapter a lot already lol i love it. and even Marcia at the end giving the money to the grandkids she won't meet that was good. great chapter i can't believe this is almost over

Link to comment

I had a feeling once mom showed up that she was the one who left the message David and Chris forgot about.

 

Kudos to Chris for sticking up for his family! My mouth fell to the floor when mom was rambling on and on about how he can divorce David (gasp! No f'n way!), GIVE HIS BOYS UP?? (double gasp!!!! No f'n f'n way!) Ha, that didn't even make sense! F'n, f'n, that's how pissed off I am at her! God she made my blood boil; I'm surprised Chris didn't throw her out.

 

Yes it's wonderful that she's leaving the house money for the boys. But how can she in good faith, deny her grandkids the chance to know their grandmother? She's taking her stupid Bible thumping thinking and taking it out on her grandchildren. Doesn't she want to get to know them? Spoil them like all grandma's do? She can't expect Tag and Jimmy to be their bubbe. To me that's selfish. But she must have done something right somewhere along the line b/c she did raise Chris and he's a wonderful person. So I'll give her that. But nothing else.

 

Ok, running out to Macy's to buy a dress; I heard from a little bird that they're having a sale! lol :)

Link to comment

I expected something nasty to pop into the wedding, but this chapter

was much more than the ol' screamer in the pews! You did a fine job

portraying Christian's mother as a prim Southern Lady more obsessed

with doing her "christian duty" than actually being a real loving

mother and grandmother. She isn't really a monster, she's simply an

old and inflexible woman ready to end her days in sacrifice.

I suppose she sees herself as some kind of a martyr; to me she's

just a stupid, clueless loser. At least she had sense enough to be

kind to the grandchildren she's exiled herself from.

 

We also see David actually speak out loud about his own sadness

and the subtle but important loss of that look in Christian's eyes

he once treasured. Will he ever get that back? Hmmm...

 

A brilliant chapter, even though the kids weren't in it! I imagine

we'll see something of them in the next one? See you at the wedding!

Link to comment
On 07/25/2012 04:09 PM, Jammi said:
This chapter is just amazing from beginning to end chica. I loved how it began with the mom sitting in the cab. I knew from the minute she wondered about the house that she was a piece of work. You sure do paint some colorful characters that is for sure. She didn't disappoint either. I think what i liked most about christian and his mom was the fact that neither were willing to back down on their convictions which sometimes is not a bad thing at all. they knew where they stood, and nothing was going to change their minds. and I think deep down Chris knew that even if he wanted to see her stay for the wedding, he knew she wouldn't. he said as much to DAvid right? that her feelings weren't going to change.

 

such an emotional ride these two took and Christian sticking up for his family. bravo to him. Also enjoyed David and Jimmy's talk about Christian too. I love that we got to see how David was feeling about this, and how he is still unsettled by Christian's memory loss. As Jimmy reflected, David is suffering here too. i am glad you brought that part out too. Jimmy's right though; CHristian is profound. :D i could go on but you've heard me gush about this chapter a lot already lol i love it. and even Marcia at the end giving the money to the grandkids she won't meet that was good. great chapter i can't believe this is almost over

Thanks, Jammi, Christian's mom is indeed a piece of work, not to mention narrow minded, rainbow flags, smh..lol but yes they were both solid in their convictions. Christian deciated to his husband and family and Marcia to the church.

 

I think it's great that Taggart and Jimmy are there for David as well, and yes everyone if being affected by the accident, Christian however has done an amazing job with protecting his sons, all this time, they've not been affected by their dad's memory loss from day one.

And yep it's almost over, it's been a fun ride though, thanks for everything, chica,

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
On 07/26/2012 07:15 AM, Lisa said:
I had a feeling once mom showed up that she was the one who left the message David and Chris forgot about.

 

Kudos to Chris for sticking up for his family! My mouth fell to the floor when mom was rambling on and on about how he can divorce David (gasp! No f'n way!), GIVE HIS BOYS UP?? (double gasp!!!! No f'n f'n way!) Ha, that didn't even make sense! F'n, f'n, that's how pissed off I am at her! God she made my blood boil; I'm surprised Chris didn't throw her out.

 

Yes it's wonderful that she's leaving the house money for the boys. But how can she in good faith, deny her grandkids the chance to know their grandmother? She's taking her stupid Bible thumping thinking and taking it out on her grandchildren. Doesn't she want to get to know them? Spoil them like all grandma's do? She can't expect Tag and Jimmy to be their bubbe. To me that's selfish. But she must have done something right somewhere along the line b/c she did raise Chris and he's a wonderful person. So I'll give her that. But nothing else.

 

Ok, running out to Macy's to buy a dress; I heard from a little bird that they're having a sale! lol :)

Haha, Lisa, you guessed who was coming to dinner, so to speak...lol

As I mentioned to Jammi, Chris is solid in his conviction and even thought he doesn't remember much about them, his family comes first.

His mom is totally insane if she thinks he would give up his sons, they are his life always have been.

I think, she thinks that giving them the money will help her sleep at night, but will it?

A also agree she might be crazy as a road lizzard,but did did something right, because she raised an amazing son.

 

See ya, at the wedding. ;)

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 07/26/2012 09:57 AM, Stephen said:
I expected something nasty to pop into the wedding, but this chapter

was much more than the ol' screamer in the pews! You did a fine job

portraying Christian's mother as a prim Southern Lady more obsessed

with doing her "christian duty" than actually being a real loving

mother and grandmother. She isn't really a monster, she's simply an

old and inflexible woman ready to end her days in sacrifice.

I suppose she sees herself as some kind of a martyr; to me she's

just a stupid, clueless loser. At least she had sense enough to be

kind to the grandchildren she's exiled herself from.

 

We also see David actually speak out loud about his own sadness

and the subtle but important loss of that look in Christian's eyes

he once treasured. Will he ever get that back? Hmmm...

 

A brilliant chapter, even though the kids weren't in it! I imagine

we'll see something of them in the next one? See you at the wedding!

Stephen, I totally love, love your discription of Christian's mom so spot on, from the deep south, bible carrying and yes a martyr indeed. and I also like the clueless loser too. lol.

I think however if she's going to be the way she is, then it's probably better that Ethan and Liam are not exposed to that.

Jimmy is sadly right, Christian may never remember David as he once did. He still loves him none the less, but I feel for David, those things he treasured as you mentioned are lost and that is sad.

 

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Stephen and see ya at the wedding. Hope you enjoy it.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

so, finally i had a chance to read some more... so you started with this visit. this scene with her in the cab watching the house was weird and funny together. from her description of what she saw i knew this visit would not turn into a pleasant one (.. of her way to speak about them) but than i had to laugh about of what she would expecty to see... not tha... , so gay couple life like what??? lol.. unfortunately this happens more than once.. \i really liked the talk between Jimmy and David here and you got across the point how David is feeling here very well.. this ..""i can;t read him anymore"" made me sad .. ok, what to say to Chris and his mom?? it was to be expected i guess, sadly but true. but i was so proud of Christian for sticking to his family... so much has changed from his first thought after his accident.. ( i'm not gay) ... in a way it was nice to hear her say at least that she thought her husband's death was an accident... she will never change so i think going to Africa is the best , sadly she will never meet her grandchilds, but i think it's for the best here... so you came full cirvle here, so to speak and agian you did it with the utmost respect for every character here.... now i'm ready for the wedding :) <3 Annette

on a happier note i;m looking forward to their marriage and i'm happy Christian was a lott more comfortable and calmer here

Link to comment
On 08/07/2012 11:18 PM, asonearth said:
so, finally i had a chance to read some more... so you started with this visit. this scene with her in the cab watching the house was weird and funny together. from her description of what she saw i knew this visit would not turn into a pleasant one (.. of her way to speak about them) but than i had to laugh about of what she would expecty to see... not tha... , so gay couple life like what??? lol.. unfortunately this happens more than once.. \i really liked the talk between Jimmy and David here and you got across the point how David is feeling here very well.. this ..""i can;t read him anymore"" made me sad .. ok, what to say to Chris and his mom?? it was to be expected i guess, sadly but true. but i was so proud of Christian for sticking to his family... so much has changed from his first thought after his accident.. ( i'm not gay) ... in a way it was nice to hear her say at least that she thought her husband's death was an accident... she will never change so i think going to Africa is the best , sadly she will never meet her grandchilds, but i think it's for the best here... so you came full cirvle here, so to speak and agian you did it with the utmost respect for every character here.... now i'm ready for the wedding :) <3 Annette

on a happier note i;m looking forward to their marriage and i'm happy Christian was a lott more comfortable and calmer here

You know, Nettie Poo, so people are so closed minded just like Marcie and still after talking to him, she still didn't budge.

As I've said before, David is suffering here, but he's doing it with his chin up, being strong for his husband.

I agree, Chris has made great strides since he left the hospital.

Marcia's place is in Africa, there's not much positive she can bring to her son's life if she's not willing to accept him. So glad you are coming to the wedding, see ya there.

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..