Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 3,472 Words
  • 6,898 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hello, My Name is... - 3. Chapter 3, Meet The Children...

Christian meets his sons as he still tries to process that fact that he has them.

He held his breath and his heart pounded fast within his chest. Using the back of his hand, he wiped away the beads of perspiration that dotted his brow while taking a slow breath of air to calm himself.

“Okay…I can do this,” he coached as he willed the nerves away. “I can do this.” He would have thought he was meeting the president or something. He wanted this to be right; after all he didn’t want to hurt the boys. It wasn’t their fault he didn’t remember them, and it was his goal not to let on. His hand hesitantly reached for the door handle, gripping it tightly as he slowly pulled it open.

It was like the curtains of a Broadway show rising as silence fell upon the room and all eyes were on him. It all happened so fast, yet the scene played out in slow motion. The sound of excited tiny voices met his ears, “Daddy! Daddy!” followed by giggles as they dashed toward him. He couldn’t make out who was who. His mind was a jumbled mess of nothing.

The rubber soles of their tennis shoes echoed against the tile floor so loudly it was deafening. David was right on their heels, his arms out stretched grabbing them before they crashed into him.

“Daddy! Daddy!” The kids squealed again.

“Whoa…whoa, Guys, be careful,” David chuckled as he grabbed Liam by his arm keeping him from knocking over his father. He quickly wrapped his arm around Ethan’s waist, scooping him up as well. His eyes met his husband’s timid gaze and he wasn’t sure who he felt sorrier for; Christian or the boys. “Are you okay?” he mouthed upon seeing the fear in Christian’s eyes. Christian released the breath he didn’t realize he was holding and nodded slowly. He smiled kindly at both Liam and Ethan, who were struggling with David, trying to get free from his grasp.

“Okay, Fellas, remember…be careful,” He cautioned even as he placed Ethan on the floor, releasing Liam’s arm as he did so.

“Daddy, you better now?” Liam asked. His huge green eyes were filled with anticipation and concern as he wrapped his arms around Christian’s waist.

“Better Daddy?” Ethan asked struggling with his words, while wrapping his tiny arms around Christian’s thigh.

The sparkle in their eyes was enough to cause Christian’s eyes to tear up. They were truly excited to see the man they called father, and he felt guilty that he didn’t even know who they were. He wished with all of his might that he could remember them, if for no other reason then to make them happy.

He glanced quickly at David, meeting his worried gaze head on. “Um, I’m getting better everyday,” he assured them as he patted Ethan on the head.

Tibby stood back with her arms casually crossed over her chest watching the reunion.

“Daddy, what’s this?” Ethan asked running his hand gingerly up and down the IV pole.

“That’s-“

“That’s Daddy’s medicine,” Liam offered as he glanced up at the bag hanging from the pole. “It makes him feel better. Right Daddy.” Liam announced proudly.

“Mm-hum…” Christian nodded through a deep, haggard breath, his mind scrambling for any recognition. David could sense this was all a bit over whelming and he was actually impressed with how well Christian was handling the kids, but decided to intervene on his behalf anyway.

“Come on, Boys; let’s move back so Daddy can lie down. He needs his rest,” David ushered, as he stepped back out of the way.

“I can help,” Liam said while grabbing the IV pole that towered over him. He carefully dragged it behind him, keeping close to Christian’s side.

“Okay…” Christian agreed, the corners of his mouth lifting slightly as he cautiously made his way toward the bed.

“I wanna help,” Ethan voiced, tugging on Christian’s hand, attempting to guide him. “Come on, Daddy.”

David smiled as he watched the boys assist their father. His heart swelled at the love they showed him. They clearly missed him and he was sure that even Christian could see it. Tibby stepped forward and smiled.

“Hey, Mr. Beck,” her warm smile greeted him.

He tilted his head slightly as he tried to remember her, but his memory failed him miserably. He sighed, smiling shyly. “I’m sorry. I know I should know you, but…” He winced sadly.

“It’s okay,” she smiled reassuringly. “I’m Tabatha and I take care of your ‘Rugrats’”, she nodded to the boys that were snuggled around Christian’s legs.

“Tibby, Daddy,” Ethan giggled as he tightened his grip on his father’s hand. Christian glanced down at Ethan and smiled.

“Liam started calling me Tibby because he couldn’t say Tabatha,” she explained with a smirk.

“Oh…” Christian replied with a short nod of understanding.

Tibby was a petite woman, with smooth caramel skin. She wore her long hair pulled back in a ponytail. From what he could tell, she looked to be in her mid-twenties, but her thin frame and girlish features made her appear to be a mere child herself.

“Come on,” David said, interrupting their informal greeting while pulling back the covers.

Christian, with the help of the boys, carefully climbed into bed. “Thank you,” he smiled kindly at David while adjusting the covers around him. He had just settled in when Ethan grabbed a hold of the covers, gripping them tightly within his fist. He used them to hoist himself up beside his dad.

“Hey…” Christian chuckled, meeting Ethan’s shy gaze as he opened his arms welcomingly. Ethan ducked his head bashfully and gigged before putting his fingers in his mouth while making himself comfortable.

“Ethan!” David chastised. He was about to take him off the bed when Christian stopped him.

“It’s okay he can stay.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure.” Christian smiled as he tousled Ethan’s hair.

“Okay,” David exhaled slowly before taking his seat beside them.

“Mr. Courtier, I have your bag in the car. I forgot to bring it up.”

“Oh, no worries.” David gestured nonchalantly.

“I’ve got to be going anyway. I can go get it, and bring it up.” She offered.

“That’s okay. I’ll go with you. David replied even as he stood up from his chair. “No need for you to make an extra trip. You should be getting home before your little one gets out of school,” He smiled before glancing at his family. “I’ll be right back. Will you be okay?”

“Yeah. We’ll be fine.” Christian assured him as he glanced between the boys. Ethan snuggled even closer to his dad, not wanting to leave his side and Liam was busy digging something out of his backpack.

“I’ll take care of daddy. I promise.” He glanced up briefly, meeting his father’s skeptical gaze before focusing his attention back inside his bag.

“Okay...” David winced, hesitantly.

“Go.” Christian laughed waving him off.

“It was so good to see you, Mr. Beck,” Tibby smiled before giving Christian a gentle hug.

“I guess I can… you too,” he grinned with a casual shrug of the shoulder.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, you little munchkin,” She teased while tousling Ethan’s hair.

“Bye, Tibby,” Ethan ducked his head shyly under Christian’s arm. It was clear he felt right at home beside Christian.

“See you tomorrow, Liam.” She waved as she passed him. David held the door open allowing her to exit first.

“I’ll be right back,” David promised one last time before closing the door. Christian nodded for him to go and shook his head amusingly. He looked down at the little boy nestled beside him and smiled. He didn’t really understand it, but for some reason he felt a connection with them, even though it was as if he was meeting them for the first time. Both Liam and Ethan seemed to be well mannered children. Ethan spoke very well to have just turned three.

“Daddy, what happened to your hair? Right there?” He pointed his chubby little finger to the patch of hair missing from behind Christian’s ear.

“Well, I was in an accident,” Christian attempted to explain as he inadvertently ran his fingers through his hair.

“Did it hurt?” Ethan frowned.

“Yes,” Christian replied as his fingers traced over the stitches.

“Move over, Ethan,” Liam charged as he made his way over to the bed. He was carrying a book and a bag of potato chips.

“No…” Ethan pouted. He shook his head adamantly while wrapping his arm around Christian’s waist. “My Daddy.”

“He’s my daddy too,” Liam retorted, “Daddy, tell him to move,” Liam demanded, glaring meanly at his younger brother. Christian laughed lightly, scooting over just a little.

“There’s enough room for you both. Come on.” He patted the space beside him. Liam’s face lit up with joy as he attempted to join his brother and father.

Christian watched as he struggled to climb on the bed with the bag of chips and book still in his hand. After being entertained for a few seconds he decided to step in.

“Liam,” he spoke politely. “I think it might help if you put the book and chips down. Then try to climb up…you think?” He suggested with an arched brow.

“Oh…” Liam giggled as he placed the items on the bed and proceeded to join them. Once on the bed he positioned his small body next to Christian and smiled, his bright eyes beaming proudly into his dad’s.

“What you got there?” Christian asked referring to the book in Liam’s hand.

“It’s time for me to read you a story,” Liam said as he flipped through the pages.

“Read,” Ethan repeated resting his head on his father’s chest. “Chips, please.”

Liam handed the bag of chips to Christian for him to open while he searched for his place in the book.

Christian turned up his nose even as he tore open the bag. “You’re dad lets you eat this?” He questioned skeptically as he handed Ethan the bag.

“Mm-hum,” Ethan mumbled as he tried to stuff a large chip in his mouth.

“Daddy lets us eat them. He says they’re a snack.”

“Snack…” Ethan parroted between chews. Christian glanced down at his son and shook his head.

“What about fruit?” He asked.

“We ran out.” Liam offered casually as he settled against Christian. “Daddy’s too busy to go to the store, so we get snacks when Daddy gets gas.”

“At the gas station?” Christian frowned disapprovingly.

“I like snacks,” Ethan hummed. Christian chuckled quietly.

“Maybe Daddy will stop crying at night, now that you’re better.” Liam said hopeful.

“What?” Christian creased his brows, tilting his head slightly.

“Daddy crying,” Ethan said sadly.

“Wait,” He scratched between his brows. “Your dad’s been crying?”

“Mm-hum.” Liam nodded. “Every night, and he sleeps on the couch.”

“Wow…” Christian mouthed in awe. He exhaled deeply, processing the information he had just received. He was about to speak when the subject of the conversation hurried through the door.

“I’m sorry it took so long. Is everything okay?” He asked, wide eyed and through haggard breaths.

“Daddy…” Ethan cheered even as he reached inside the bag and pulled out a chip.

“Uh-oh…” David grimaced at the bag of chips in his son’s hand. He adjusted the gym bag tightly over his shoulder before glancing at his husband.

Christian was in a trance-like state so he didn’t notice the pensive expression on David’s face. He watched him walk toward them still thinking about what Liam told him, feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt. He didn’t know this man and yet he was told he had a past with him and possibly a future. The two little boys snuggled beside him, as if their very little lives depended on it, referred to him and David as Daddy. Nothing made sense to him. He could remember learning that homosexuality was a sin; that being the case, when did he change? Do you change? His mind wondered. It appeared he-

“About the chips…” He heard David say, his voice pulling him from his thoughts.

“Huh?’ He blinked slowly, coming out of his stupor.

“I said, I know how you are about the boys eating junk food. It’s just I’ve been really busy, with you in the hospital and-“

“It’s okay,” Christian smiled kindly.

“Really?” David questioned as he dropped his bag on the floor.

“Really. I know it can’t be easy, taking care of two little ones alone.” He said understandingly. “You know what’s funny?”

“What?”

“I didn’t really remember not wanting them to eat junk food, though I did question it,” He furrowed his brows. “Does that make sense?” David’s eyes lit up with excitement.

“Yes. Yes, it makes a lot of sense.” He stated with optimism lacing his tone.

“Ahhhh…” Christian rested his head against the pillow. “There’s so much I don’t remember. I have so many questions.”

“I know.” David smiled as he patted the top of Christian’s hand. “The doctor said it might take some time, and time is all I have.”

Christian nodded as he thought about the word time. Time was of the essence here. Everything was contingent upon him getting his memory back. People would depend on that, especially the three in the room with him.

“I found the page, Daddy!” Liam announced eagerly as he waved the book in Christian’s face.

“Oh…” Christian laughed as he leaned back out of the way.

“Be careful, Son,” David chastised sternly.

“It’s okay, David. Really.” He said convincingly, before turning his attention to Liam.

“All gone.” Ethan handed the empty bag to Christian and clapped his little hands together before attempting to lick the salt off his fingers.

“Come here, Munchkin,” David reached over Christian pulling the little tyke into his arms. “Let’s go get you cleaned up.” He kissed Ethan on the temple before placing him on the floor. “I’m going to change while I’m at it.” He informed Christian even as he picked up his gym bag. I’m going to stop in the cafeteria and grab a coffee. You want anything?”

“Coffee,” Christian hummed approvingly. “That sounds good. Thanks.”

“Okay,” David said as he reached for Ethan’s hand. “Come on little guy.”

Christian smiled at Ethan’s little legs practically running to keep up with David’s long strides before turning his attention back to Liam. “Okay, so you’re going to read to me?”

“Silly daddy,” Liam covered his mouth and giggled. “I’m not going to, you are. I can’t read.”

“Oh, but you said it was time to read me a story,” Christian pointed to himself. “You didn’t say I was reading you a story,” He said teasingly.

“Oh Boy,” Liam slapped his forehead through an exaggerated sigh and rolled his eyes toward the ceiling.

“Give me the book.” Christian laughed. “Okay so what are we reading…?”

“His mother called him Wild Thing! And Max said I’ll eat you up. So he went to bed without eating anything,” Christian read aloud in an animated tone. Liam rested his head on his father’s shoulder listening intently. Christian was about to turn the page when Ethan busted through the door with David walking cautiously behind.

“Here, Daddy,” Ethan said tossing the brown paper bag on the bed.

“Whoa...” What’s this?

“That’s the sweetener and cream for the coffee,” David answered, taking careful steps toward the bed.

“Oh-” Christian glanced up stopping mid-sentence. His eyes widened and his jaw relaxed. As he stared at David, he didn’t know where to begin; at his chest, his calf, or those muscular thighs. Then it dawned on him. He shouldn’t be looking at all. After all, he wasn’t gay.

“Here,” David smiled as he set the hot cup down on the tray. “Careful, it’s hot.” And he smelled so damn good; David was not playing fair, Christian thought to himself.

“Thank you.” Christian said while moving over, allowing Ethan to climb back up on the bed.

“All clean,” Ethan exclaimed through a cheeky grin, showing Christian his hands.

“Very good,” Christian praised.

“Come on Ethan, I’m gonna read to you.” Liam ushered his little brother to sit beside him.

“Hey, I thought you said you couldn’t read.” Christian challenged while scooting over allowing them room to sit next to each other.

“He don’t know that.” Liam smirked with a casual shrug of the shoulder.

“Right.” Christian chuckled before turning his attention back to David. He looked up just as David was relaxing in his chair. He crossed one leg over the other and took a careful sip of his coffee. Though he was wearing a plain pair of khaki shorts and a solid navy tee shirt, he looked incredible; even better than he did in his suit.

“I figured we’d stay with you till after dinner,” David explained, “then I’ll take the boys home and put them to bed…That is if that’s okay. I don’t want you to overdo it or overstay...”

“That’s fine,” Christian said while reaching for his coffee. He took a cautious sip, peering over the rim at the handsome stranger that was his husband. He had the most incredible blue eyes he’d ever remember seeing, and his jawline was strong and well defined. He truly was gorgeous.

David watched anxiously for his reaction. “Well?”

“Perfect. How did you know?” Christian asked receiving a quizzical gaze from David, before realizing how crazy the question seemed. “Never mind.” He laughed in spite of himself, before taking another sip.

The rest of the evening was very comfortable; nothing heavy. Christian spent most of the afternoon and evening getting reacquainted with Liam and Ethan, while David worked on his laptop and made business calls. He learned what Liam and Ethan’s favorite colors were, their favorite songs and their favorite cartoon. He was surprised to learn that they were wrestling fans, but what really blew him away was the fact that Liam could tell him everything there was to know about Santino Marella; his favorite wrestler. Ethan showed him that he could count to thirty all by himself, and blushed bashfully when everyone applauded him at the end. Liam showed off his talents by coloring Christian a picture, but what excited him the most was that he stayed inside the lines.

David and the boys gave Christian some privacy, when the nurse came in to check his vitals, by going down to the cafeteria for to-go boxes so they could eat dinner with him and watch a movie before heading home.

David opened his eyes and stretched, reaching his hand between his shoulder blades trying to work out the knots when he noticed Christian and the boys had dozed off as well. He smiled through a contented sigh, pleased at how well the evening went. Christian was a real trooper; he had a way of dealing with the boys. He was clever in the way he asked questions getting Liam and Ethan to reveal things that as their dad he should have already known. He was confident the boys never knew that Christian didn’t remember them. He stood and stretched one more time before attempting to wake the boys.

“Shhh,” He whispered even as he tapped Liam on the shoulder.

“Huh?’ Liam yawned sleepily.

“Shhh,” David placed his finger to his mouth. “Don’t wake daddy. Come on.” He motioned while helping his son off the foot of Christian’s bed.

“Okay,” Liam tried to whisper. He rubbed his eyes with his little fist as he quietly climbed down. David was about to reach over Christian and pick up Ethan, who was snuggled next to him, when he stopped for a moment, watching Christian sleep. He sighed longingly as he gazed at him…missing him.

Theirs was a strong kind of love. One that was tested and true. They weren’t perfect, they had the “knock down drag outs,” but they made a vow to love each other for a lifetime…to spend forever making it work; not only for themselves but for their kids. They both believed that children needed two parents, just like they were raised, and the marriage bond was sacred. Since the day they brought him to the hospital, every night before he went home he kissed him good night and tonight was no different. He held his breath, careful not to wake him before placing a tender kiss on his mouth.

“I love you,” He whispered, blinking several times to keep his tears at bay. He carefully leaned over him and gently lifted Ethan off the bed, cradling him in his arms. Christian shifted slightly, relaxing into his pillow but didn’t wake up. He carefully grabbed his laptop and nodded for Liam to grab his gym bag. Liam pulled the strap over his shoulder, dragging it behind him as he and his father eased out the door pulling it closed behind them.

David takes Christian home..
Thanks to everyone for reading. Love the reviews you guys Rock!!!!
Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 39
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I almost teared up at the end!

How hard must it be for David to go on like that? :( poor guy! it was heart breaking to have Liam and Ethan describe his heartbreak to Christian!

You're really portraying an awesome family here! ^_^ cant wait for more!

Link to comment

Aw David has it so tough, but you can tell there's a lot of love there... even with Christian I feel like while he might not have all his memories he obviously realizes how important these people are. I could keep reading this story forever :D it's so sweet.

Link to comment
On 03/19/2012 09:22 AM, Frostina said:
I almost teared up at the end!

How hard must it be for David to go on like that? :( poor guy! it was heart breaking to have Liam and Ethan describe his heartbreak to Christian!

You're really portraying an awesome family here! ^_^ cant wait for more!

Frostina, Merci for the great review. I feel ya regarding David, but again he's being really great here, so is Christian. They have a wonderful family, and David just wants that back. So glad you enjoyed the chapter. The next one should be insightful...I hope. Christian goes home soooo.... ;)

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 03/19/2012 10:16 AM, intune said:
Aw David has it so tough, but you can tell there's a lot of love there... even with Christian I feel like while he might not have all his memories he obviously realizes how important these people are. I could keep reading this story forever :D it's so sweet.
Very true, intune. Christian has no memory of these people, but he knows he is important to them. We will get inside his head in the next chapter. Love this awesome review so glad the story is being received well. *blushes*

Danke...

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 03/19/2012 10:42 AM, bdogmally said:
Oh my god, this story is incredible. The love that is clearly there is so beautiful.
YAY!!!!! Thank you. Hope you enjoy the journey, it's just begining ;)

 

Again, Thanks so for the review and letting me know you are out there...

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

wow i love this story... it make me smile, happy and sad at the

same time... i love how David so patient & Christian so understanding

n sweet with his kids...

u r great & thxs for the story thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment

Okay....you'd better stop with all these terrific characters, those boys Liam and Ethan are dolls (no I'm not a priest). You are going to make me forget my babydoll Kaleb....

Your writing just keeps getting better and better. The description of Liam trying to climb into his father's bed with the book and chips was priceless. Having Christian question the chips over fruit was pretty amazing....

I have to say tho, you bettter not make me forget Kaleb!!! But I hope you give it your best shot trying to.

Link to comment
On 03/19/2012 01:28 PM, unlikelyu said:
wow i love this story... it make me smile, happy and sad at the

same time... i love how David so patient & Christian so understanding

n sweet with his kids...

u r great & thxs for the story thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

unlikelyu, so glad you are enjoying the story so far. Christian may not remember but he is a good person, and he is dealing with children. And David does remember and like he said time is all he has,to him Christian is sooo worth being patient for... ;)

 

Again thanks for the review totally love it!

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 03/19/2012 01:50 PM, Swhouston44 said:
Okay....you'd better stop with all these terrific characters, those boys Liam and Ethan are dolls (no I'm not a priest). You are going to make me forget my babydoll Kaleb....

Your writing just keeps getting better and better. The description of Liam trying to climb into his father's bed with the book and chips was priceless. Having Christian question the chips over fruit was pretty amazing....

I have to say tho, you bettter not make me forget Kaleb!!! But I hope you give it your best shot trying to.

Oh yes we get more of those dolls in the story. And not to worry,I have arsonal in my bag of tricks for you, so trust me you won't forget Kaleb ;) thanks so much for the compliment now my head's all big :D Christian has a long road ahead so I hope you ride it out with me till the bitter end.

 

Merci,

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 03/19/2012 03:41 PM, peethree said:
Just started reading this today. It is a great story. I look forward to following.
peetree, glad to know you're out there. the journey for Christian is just starting so it's my hope to keep you reading and entertained... Thanks for the review.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Awww, you had me tearing up there at the end. David is so sweet, kissing him every night, even when Christian was in a coma.

 

I found it comical that Christian was pretty much drooling when he saw David in his shorts and shirt. Straight guys wouldn't look twice, right? lol

 

I love the way Christian was with the boys. Those boys are precious and Christian was so good with them.

 

Awesome chapter Nap; can't wait for more! Oh, I almost forgot! When Tibby first comes into the room and finally says hello to Christian, she calls him Mr. Beck, but then when she's leaving, it's Mr. Back, so I think you meant to write Beck. =)

Link to comment
On 03/20/2012 03:20 AM, Lisa said:
Awww, you had me tearing up there at the end. David is so sweet, kissing him every night, even when Christian was in a coma.

 

I found it comical that Christian was pretty much drooling when he saw David in his shorts and shirt. Straight guys wouldn't look twice, right? lol

 

I love the way Christian was with the boys. Those boys are precious and Christian was so good with them.

 

Awesome chapter Nap; can't wait for more! Oh, I almost forgot! When Tibby first comes into the room and finally says hello to Christian, she calls him Mr. Beck, but then when she's leaving, it's Mr. Back, so I think you meant to write Beck. =)

First off, Lisa, good looking out. I fix it...Oops *blushes*

 

David is a sweetheart and yes I think Christian needs to remember that he is NOT gay. just saying lol

 

He was good with the kids, and they love their daddy that was clear to him. Next chapter should be fun. we get to delve into Christian's mind a little. Thanks for the review, I really appriciate it so much.

 

 

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

It just keeps getting better and better Kim! It's so heartbreaking reading how the kids are picking up that David is crying for Christian every night. That's real love right there! It's gotta be tough being in David's situation and even worse being in Christian's. He seems to have the perfect family, but he just can't remember them. Can't wait for more, but will be waiting patiently thumbsup.gif

Link to comment
On 03/20/2012 05:50 AM, C.K. said:
It just keeps getting better and better Kim! It's so heartbreaking reading how the kids are picking up that David is crying for Christian every night. That's real love right there! It's gotta be tough being in David's situation and even worse being in Christian's. He seems to have the perfect family, but he just can't remember them. Can't wait for more, but will be waiting patiently thumbsup.gif
Thank you ck, :D Kids pick up on a lot of things. They watch us when we don't know they are watching. Kids are smart little cookies and will tell your business...trust me I know ;)

They do have a lot of love in their family. In one chapter though he can't remember even Christian himself says "No one's life is this perfect" but when the love is there, real love it can feel perfect which is how David feels and he's patient because he wants what he and Christian had back. Christian is in for a few surprises himself.

 

again thanks, love your comments.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Aw so sweet and caring. Chris is a real trooper. Its getting sweeter and sweeter by the chapter. David is an awesome father and caring husband. I hope one day that i can have the same thing... And the kids. Wow, so smart and cute. :)

Link to comment
On 06/01/2012 04:54 AM, Remijay said:
Aw so sweet and caring. Chris is a real trooper. Its getting sweeter and sweeter by the chapter. David is an awesome father and caring husband. I hope one day that i can have the same thing... And the kids. Wow, so smart and cute. :)
Indeed, Remijay, Chris is a real trooper. It actually shows the type of person he is. He has a nice little Motley Crew aka family. David and the kids love him which is very cool. and I feel ya, hell I want a loving caring husband too. *sighs* keeping hope alive...lol thanks for the review...LOVE IT!

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

what a beautiful chapter, so much love, caring and a little sadness, again a perfect mix.i adore Christian here with all my heart. to not let it show off how insecure he his because of his memory loss. he treats these two absolutly adorable rugrats with so much love , it just shows how great as a father he is. i like this little easiness here between them, an easiness as only a child can be, very careful amd moving written. he unconsciusly noticed the topic about the chips and the remarks to ""the Snacks"" cracked me up. and just between the lines of talking about fruit over chips these two little smart ones tell him about David's crying at night :(,,, and no Mr. Beck, you are not gay, lol but very observant to notice your husband looks great in shorts.... i still adore David too, his patience to give Christian privacy and to suppress his own longing feelings great chapter , maybe have to reward myself with another one...lol Xoxo

Link to comment
On 07/18/2012 12:15 AM, asonearth said:
what a beautiful chapter, so much love, caring and a little sadness, again a perfect mix.i adore Christian here with all my heart. to not let it show off how insecure he his because of his memory loss. he treats these two absolutly adorable rugrats with so much love , it just shows how great as a father he is. i like this little easiness here between them, an easiness as only a child can be, very careful amd moving written. he unconsciusly noticed the topic about the chips and the remarks to ""the Snacks"" cracked me up. and just between the lines of talking about fruit over chips these two little smart ones tell him about David's crying at night :(,,, and no Mr. Beck, you are not gay, lol but very observant to notice your husband looks great in shorts.... i still adore David too, his patience to give Christian privacy and to suppress his own longing feelings great chapter , maybe have to reward myself with another one...lol Xoxo
Danke, Nettie Poo. Glad you enjoyed the chapter, I have to agree with you, I love Christian too. He's a brave soul, to embrace this thing called his life.

He has a husband, these little rugrats who worship the ground he walks on. What is he to do? What choice does he really have?

To him he only had one and that was to go home with this man and his sons.

Out of the mouths of babes, Liam and Ethan telling Chris about David crying at night, it was innocent,yet very telling.

Oh and hell no, Mr. Beck, gay...whatever. Hehehehe.

Thanks my friend. Miss ya.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Just started this story today and it's great. Very intriguing situation and you make it so convincing. So many writers don't get the kids stuff right and the age thing but you do it so well it is so easy to picture it. I love it. And the tenderness there is so touching too both between the kids and their dads and David's love for Christian. I am looking forward to a good read here.

Link to comment
On 08/18/2013 05:48 AM, Jaro_423 said:
Just started this story today and it's great. Very intriguing situation and you make it so convincing. So many writers don't get the kids stuff right and the age thing but you do it so well it is so easy to picture it. I love it. And the tenderness there is so touching too both between the kids and their dads and David's love for Christian. I am looking forward to a good read here.
Jaro_423. I actually stumbled on this. Just playing around on the net and decided to see what was going on, on GA. I'm glad you are enjoying the story, it was one that was heartfelt, and fun to write. I'm not a writer but I love doing it. I had an editor/beta, and sometimes things slip through the cracks especially for me since that's not my thang. It's my hope that you can at least get through the story and enjoy it's intentions... thanks for not being to harsh. I haven't written anything in a while, I have a lot of ideas and actually started one, not posting yet, but I have people lined up for that and they seem pretty cool. Again thanks so much for your reviews. David and Christian are totally awesome.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..