Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 5,671 Words
  • 7,607 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hello, My Name is... - 6. Chapter 6...Promises Made

Christian makes a decision about his future.

David closed his eyes tightly and pinched the bridge of his nose in disbelief. “Wait!” He interrupted while pacing back and forth in the living room. “So let me get this straight. You’re telling me that I have to wait twenty-four hours before I can officially file a missing person’s report on a man who has a head injury and doesn’t remember a fuckin’ thing!” He said through clenched teeth. He could feel himself becoming angrier the more he listened to what he felt was utter stupidity. “That’s ridiculous,” he scoffed, rolling his eyes toward the ceiling.

He inhaled deeply, only half listening to the person on the other end of the phone before quickly ending the seemingly useless conversation. “Yeah…Yeah, whatever. Thanks for nothing!” He spat sarcastically. He gripped the phone tightly in his fist, feeling helpless and sick to his stomach. And in one swift move he threw the device and watched as it slid across the hardwood floor into the wall. The back of the phone flew off on impact going in one direction while the battery went in another. “Shit!” He growled heavily even as he combed his fingers through his hair, gripping the silky black strands within his grasps in frustration. “Uugghhh…”

He felt a small hand on his shoulder. “Mr. Courtier,” the voice was soft and non-intrusive. “He’s going to be okay,” she assured him. He turned to find Tibby smiling up at him. He placed his hand over hers trying to return the smile, but failed miserably. He wished he shared her optimism.

“Thanks for helping out with Liam and Ethan.”

“No, problem, Mr. Courtier-“

“Call me David,” he said as he walked over to pick up the pieces of his phone. “We’ve known each other for four years now. Christian and I trust you with the most important people in our lives.” He half smiled, “And you coming tonight…” He squatted down, gathering up the pieces. “I think that merits first names…don’t you?” He asked even as he inserted the battery back in its place.

Tibby smiled and nodded, lacing her fingers together. “I’m glad you called, David. They’ve eaten dinner, had their baths and are in bed. Ethan is out like a light, but Liam insisted on waiting for his daddy to get home, so I put in a DVD. Hopefully he’ll fall asleep.”

“That is, if he comes home.” He frowned while trying to place the back onto the phone.

“Why, what did the police say?” She asked, noticing him struggle with a task that under different circumstances would’ve been easy.

“That’s just it,” He grunted, narrowing his eyes at the phone. He flipped the back upside down trying to force the grooves to match up and snap into place.

“What?” She asked again even as she reached for the device. David shook his head, shoving his hands deep inside his pockets feeling defeated, watching as Tibby effortlessly put the phone back together.

“Here you go.” She smiled as she handed it back to him.

“Thanks.” David turned the phone back on immediately, watching the screen chime to life.

“David, what did the police say?”

“Oh. They said there’s nothing they can do until he’s missing for twenty-four hours.”

David and the boys arrived home around 1:00 pm to find Christian gone. Though panic set in immediately, he reasoned with himself that he had just gone for a ride to get some air, or decided to go to his doctor’s appointment alone. That hope was shattered when he called Dr. Reeder an hour later to find that Christian had never shown up or called to cancel. He really freaked out when he tried to call him only to hear Christian’s phone ringing in the other room.

“Did you tell them about-“

“Yes.”

“And?”

“And, nothing.” He shrugged dragging his feet across the floor. “I should have never let him out of my sight. What if he doesn’t come back? What if all of this was too much for him? What if he doesn’t want our family?” David asked rhetorically and dropped down on the sofa.

“We are talking about Christian Beck, right?” She laughed lightly as she joined him on the sofa. “You and those boys are his life, and you know it.” She placed her hand on his knee, giving it a gentle squeeze.

“I beg to differ,” he objected while idly scratching the side of his neck. “He’s my life and I can’t image it without him in it.”

“You’re each other’s lives then,” Tibby shot back and laughed inciting a humorless chuckle from David. His smile quickly faded when he thought about the alternative.

“What if he never gets his memory back?” He asked. ‘And goes back in the closet?’ The last part he thought to himself.

He remembered how hard it was when Christian came out. The first six or seven months they were together they kept their relationship a secret. Unlike himself, a certified, card-carrying member of the ‘I’m totally gay’ club,’ Christian was deep in the closet; afraid his father would find out and disown him.

“He will-“ She started to say when they heard the doorbell. David jumped out of his seat and practically ran to answer it.

“Oh.” He frowned at the figure standing in front of him. “It’s just you.” He sighed deeply as he leaned against the door frame.

“And hello to you too,” the other man replied snidely. “I take it he’s not back yet,” he assumed as he side-stepped David and walked inside.

“No,” David replied while closing the door, but not before stealing another look outside.

“I wish you had called me- Oh hey, Tibby.” He waved casually when he spotted the young woman sitting on the sofa.

“Hey, Taggart.”

“I know. I wasn’t thinking,” David berated himself.

“Well, if I know Christian, and I do,” He assured him. “He’ll be back.”

“I don’t know, Tag.” David chewed on his lower lip, not sharing his friend’s enthusiasm. “He doesn’t remember me or the boys for that matter.

Taggart walked over to David and forced a kind smile before placing both hands on his shoulder, meeting David’s concerned gaze head on. “Christian may not remember you now, but he’s still Christian. He’s a good man,” He stressed. “Think about it. He came home with you, and he didn’t have to.”

“I know.” David shrugged. “And I hope you’re right.”

“I am,” Taggart replied with confidence as he glanced around the room. “And those little monsters are his world- hey where are the little terrors anyway?”

“Tibby fed them and put them to bed,” David replied as he peeked out the window once more.

“Sweetie, you’re a nervous wreck,” Taggart observed before heading toward the kitchen. “Let me make you some tea to calm your nerves before you drive yourself and me crazy.” He chuckled. “Tibby, if you want, you can head home. I’ll take care of our friend here,” He called over his shoulder as he disappeared down the hall.

“That’s right, Tibby you need to get going. I’ve taken up too much of your time already.”

“I don’t mind, honestly,” She stated as she pushed herself off the sofa. “I can stay as long as you need me. Paul has the kids, so...”

“I really appreciate everything, but I think I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure?” She asked with a questioning gaze.

“Absolutely.” David forced a half smile. “Besides, Taggart is here.”

Okaayyy,” Tibby replied hesitantly before going to retrieve her purse and coat. “But if you need anything, anything at all….”

“I know.”

“Bye Taggart,” She called back while fishing for her keys.”

“Bye, Sweetie.” He yelled from the kitchen. “Be careful driving home.”

Tibby laughed and shook her head. Taggart was always so animated. “David, please call me the moment he gets back.”

“If he comes back.” David sighed.

“I’m going to need you to have a little more faith in the man you married.” She smiled and patted him on the back before making her way out the door.

“Okay.” David nodded with a genuine smile. He rested his arm against the door and watched her safely get into her car.

“Don’t forget, call me!” He heard Tibby’s voice off trail off in the distance.

He waved one last time before closing the door. Blowing out a frustrated breath of air, he allowed his tired body to rest against the door. His mind was going in a million directions. He wondered if he should hit the streets again and look for Christian. The last time just added to his frustration because he didn’t know where to look, but he didn’t just want to sit around doing nothing either.

“Here’s your tea, dear,” Taggart’s voice interrupted his thoughts.

“Thanks.” David smiled as he pushed himself off the door.

“Careful, baby, it’s hot,” He warned as he carefully placed the cup and saucer in David’s hands. “Come on, let’s go sit down. You look zonked.”

“I feel zonked,” David agreed as he eased onto the couch. He blew over the cup before taking a cautious sip. “Mmmm…” He let out a satisfied moan as he rested his back against the cushions. Taggart tilted his head slightly, watching David. He could see how tense he was, a bundle of nerves. His heart went out to him, for he knew how much the two loved each other. He could sense David was slowly losing hope, but he wasn’t. He’d known Christian all of his life. He had faith he would be back.

Taggart Martin and Christian met in the third grade in Jackson, Mississippi. They attended the same elementary school, the same middle school, and graduated from the same high school. Taggart’s family were members of the late, great Reverend Beck’s church, so not only did he see Christian every day at school, they also stood side by side in the children’s choir every Sunday.

Taggart left Jackson as soon as he graduated high school in search of something better. He told Christian the day he got on the Greyhound bus that there was a big world out there and he was going to find his place in it, little did they know their paths would cross again some years later in Boston.

Now, a Freelance artist, some would call Taggart…different. He wasn’t the same little boy from Mississippi. His body was now a work of art littered with colorful tattoos and body piercings. He was a “Harley” man, and he wore his long black mane pulled back in a neat ponytail. Though his exterior appeared to be a little rough, the inside was pure gold. He had a deep southern drawl and most would swear that every time he opened his mouth a purse fell out.

The silence was killing him. There was so much he could say. So much he wanted to say, but he didn’t want to sound as if he was trying to placate him, so he did as any good friend would do; sat there sharing the silence.

David sighed heavily and rubbed his temple. It was the first movement he’d made in over an hour. He glanced down at his watch before resuming his position of staring at the door. Taggart cleared his throat and shifted in his seat using this time to strike up a conversation. He laced his fingers together and placed his hands in his lap.

“Are you okay?” He asked as he gently nudged David’s shoulder. David was contemplative before speaking as if he was pondering the question. It seemed funny that a simple question would draw so much thought. After a few beats, David open his mouth to speak.

“I don’t want to put too much pressure on him,” He stated simply. It was if he had been carrying on a conversation in his head that he expected Taggart to understand.

“What do you mean?”

“It’s just that I miss him so much, you know?” He frowned, turning to face his friend.

“I know.”

“When I heard about the accident and he was hurt really bad, I thought oh my god…” He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply reliving the moment. “Then they said he was going to be okay. That he had a brain injury but he would be fine. They needed to put him in a coma so his brain would heal.” He shrugged. “So I waited. Every day I waited for him to wake up. To open his eyes, and when he did, I wasn’t there.” He swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. Taggart nodded slowly and placed his hand over his chest as he listened. “The doctor called and said ‘your husband is awake’ and again, I was like, oh my god. But in a good way this time,” He clarified. “My whole world was alright again. Then he dropped the bomb. ‘He doesn’t remember you.’” He blew out a frustrated breath of air and shook his head. “Do you know how scary that is?”

“Yeah.” Taggart nodded; his voice barely above a whisper.

“I don’t know what to do.”

“All you can do is be here for him,” Taggart encouraged. “He loves you guys more than anything, and-” Taggart stopped mid-sentence when a light tap at the door captured their attention. He quickly glanced at David, who sat motionless for a few seconds, his gaze fixed intently on the door.

“David?”

“Um…Yeah.” He took a deep breath and held it as he hoisted himself off the sofa. Taggart stood, crossed his arms over his chest and waited anxiously for David to open the door. David released the breath he was holding as he reached for the door handle. He opened it slowly and his pounding heartbeat skipped several beats when concerned blue eyes were met with timid brown ones.

Taggart stood off in the distance watching the reunion, which seemed to play out in slow motion. Christian ran his hand through his hair, his fingers getting tangled in the loose curls. It appeared each man was waiting for the other to speak first.

“I forgot my key.” Christian winced with a half-smile.

’He forgot his key.’ The words were like music to David’s ears and he returned the smile breathing a sigh of relief. On impulse and without permission he pulled his husband into his tight embrace. He felt Christian stiffen as he held him closer, but at that moment he didn’t care. All that mattered was he had come back and that had to count for something. After what seemed like forever, David released him.

“I’m sorry,” David apologized as he dropped his hands down to his side. “It’s just…” He swallowed back the tears that threatened to fall.

“It’s okay,” Christian said while idly fidgeting with his fingers. He glanced over David’s shoulder and was surprised to see a face he remembered. “Tag?” He questioned skeptically as he stepped further into the living room.

“Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes?” Taggart smiled, he too was happy to see Christian. He used the tip of his finger to catch the tear that slipped down his cheek and opened his arms wide, welcoming his friend into them. Christian rushed over and fell into his embrace, hugging him back. “You had us all so worried,” He whispered even as he ran soothing circles over Christian’s back. Christian released himself from Taggart’s hold and took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry, David if I worried you. I just needed to…” He ducked his head and sighed.

“It’s okay.” David bobbed his head quickly, trying to channel the influx of emotions he was feeling. He shoved his hand deep inside his pocket to keep them from trembling. “I’m going to go make a drink, anyone else want one?” He asked before rushing off. He had to be strong and he didn’t want Christian to see how upset he really was.

“I think Christian here needs something that will help him relax,” Taggart suggested. He draped his arm around Christian’s shoulder and guided him toward the kitchen.

“Um…okay. I’ll give you guys some time to talk,” David said as he watched them disappear down the hall. He sighed heavily before heading to the wet bar.

“Here you go, Hon.” Taggart handed Christian a cup of hot chamomile tea before pouring water over his own tea bag.

“Thank you, Tag.” Christian smiled as he carefully placed the cup in front of him. “Talk about a sight for sore eyes. I think you’re the first person I’ve seen since the accident that I remember.” He sighed while picking up his cup and taking a careful sip.

“Well, Child, with a face and body like this…” Taggart turned his profile toward Christian. “How could you forget me?”

Christian laughed and shook his head before taking another sip.

“I know it’s gotta be rough trying to remember everything and everyone,” He stressed the word everyone as he nodded to David who was sitting alone on the patio outside. Christian looked over Taggart’s shoulder and sighed.

“Yeah.”

“You two love each other very much,” Taggart’s voice was soft and telling as he sat down across from his friend.

“Really?” Christian placed his cup back on the table, his attention still focused on the man said to be his husband.

“Really.”

“I don’t know, Tag, it’s so confusing.” He turned his attention back to his friend. “All my life I remember being taught this lifestyle was wrong and yet everything here seems perfect. The house, the kids…him. Almost too perfect even.”

“Trust me, Sweetie, neither you nor David are perfect. You’re just great together. It’s not every day you met your soul mate. We lucked out.”

“And Liam and Ethan are great,” He added.

“My ass.” Taggart laughed. “They’re little monsters.”

“Hey, watch it!” Christian objected through a light chuckle.

“I’m just saying.” Taggart pursed his lips even as he crossed one leg over the other.

“Anyway, like I was saying,” Christian sighed before resting his head in the palm of his hand. “We grew up together, right?”

“Um-hum.”

“And my dad was a devout Baptist.”

“You’d think he wrote the bible himself.” Taggart nodded.

“So…” Christian shrugged.

“So what?”

“How did this…you know, David-“

“Okay,” Taggart interrupted. “I get you have memory loss. According to David, the doctors expected it, though they were hoping you wouldn’t, but...” He gestured with his hands. “It’s like double jeopardy. It’s one thing not to remember your family, but to add fuel to the fire with this.” He paused briefly. “You’re gay, Christian. You’ve always been gay, hell we both have been. That’s why Jimmy and I got the hell out of that town. All the sneaking around, the lying was too much.”

Christian gasped and his eyes widened with shock, “Jimmy Williams from high school? You guys are still together?”

“There’s only one man for me and that’s my Jimmy. I fell in love with him the first time I laid eyes on him,” Taggart expressed with a dreamy faraway look in his eyes. “Besides.” He tapped his chin thoughtfully. “He’s the only one who could put up with a queen like me.” He smirked before taking a sip of his tea.

“Damn, there’s so much I don’t remember.” Christian frowned while scratching at his scalp.

“Yeah, and I understand why you would block out this part of your life. You were so deep in the closet you and the hangers were on a first name basis.”

“And then there’s my dad….” He sighed. Taggart forced a sorrowful smile.

“Did David tell you what happened?”

“No. The doctor said he died six years ago in an automobile accident in Mississippi.”

“In Mississippi?” Taggart asked, his expression thoughtful. He opened his mouth to speak but thought better of it. “Yeah, well.” He bounced around in his seat. “It’s so good to have you back with us. I came up to the hospital a few times and sat with you.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yep.” Taggart beamed proudly. “You’re my buddy, where else would I be?”

Christian picked up his cup of tea and took a sip as he peered over the rim onto the patio.

“Yeah, he was there too.” Taggart smiled. “Every day.” He sat and observed his friend observing David and he could see the wheels turning. “He is a cutie,” He said referring to the shadowy figure sitting outside. Christian nodded slowly and smiled. “Lord, child, I remember the day you met him like yesterday. You called all excited....”

David sat with his legs stretched out, his feet resting on the chair in front of him, drinking his brandy and watching Christian and Taggart in the kitchen. He couldn’t hear what they were saying, yet he found himself laughing every time Christian did and it didn’t even matter that he wasn’t the one making him smile, what mattered was that he was home.

He studied him intently looking for any negative body language or gestures and was relieved when he didn’t notice any. It was nice to see Christian comfortable and relaxed. He watched his every move, recalling each and every one of them from memory. From the way he squinted when he laughed; to the way he idly played with the lock of hair behind his ear as he listened to you talk. Christian had a way of making you feel as if you were the most important person in his world and he missed that, but more importantly he missed his place in that world.

He swallowed down the last of his brandy and placed the empty glass on the table when he felt his presence behind him.

“David?”

“Yeah.” He sat up, giving Christian his full attention.

“Um…” He cleared his throat as stepped onto the patio. “Tag just left. He said he’d be back tomorrow,” He offered as he shoved his hands inside his pockets.

“Okay,” David replied just above a whisper. “I’m glad he was here.” Christian could sense the stress and uneasiness in David, and he felt bad because he knew it was his fault.

“I wanted to tell you again how sorry I am that I made you worry. I shouldn’t have left like that.” He frowned and lowered his head.

“I understand why you did. It’s all a bit overwhelming-“

“Maybe,” Christian interrupted, “But that’s no excuse.” He chided himself, “I wasn’t thinking about how it would affect you. I should have known you would be worried about me.”

“Of course I worry about you,” David replied as he motioned for Christian to take the seat across from him. He waited for Christian to sit down before continuing. “I know all of this is confusing and, believe me, I want to help as much as I can without being too pushy.”

“You’re not,” Christian assured him.

“It’s just that I miss you so much and I was scared.” He lowered his head and released an exhausted sigh. “I was scared you wouldn’t come back.” He admitted. He glanced up to meet Christian’s gaze dead on. It was as if David was looking for answers in his eyes. And it was the first time Christian didn’t look away, almost like he was challenging himself. The moment lasted for a few seconds but it seemed longer.

“I um… just went riding,” Christian finally spoke, his voice soft. “I needed to go, I felt like I was suffocating. I saw the cards I’d given you and it was… surreal,” He confessed his eyes still fixed on David’s. David nodded his understanding. “We have a life here. It’s not just some fabrication or something made up. It’s real and I know that. What I don’t know is how I feel about it,” he admitted honestly. That admission caused David to tense up little which Christian picked up on right away. “No, no. Don’t worry,” He said trying to reassure him. “I’m not going anywhere. I made a commitment to you and my boys.” He smiled softly. “But I do need you to be patient with me. Let me go at my own pace.”

“That’s fine,” David said releasing the breath he didn’t realize he was holding. “Take all the time you need. You being here means a lot.”

“It’s the only home I’m told I have.” He smiled softly. “I want you to go to work tomorrow like you always do. I can read a GPS, so I can take Ethan and Liam to school and pick them up if you give me the address. We have to call Tibby and let her know, though. And if you would, make me a list of the things I used to do before the accident. Not too much though.” He said teasingly.

“Okay,” David readily agreed. “But, are you sure?” He asked with hesitation.

“Yeah. Tag said he would stop by, so.” Christian shrugged casually. “I need to get back into my life, whatever that is.”

“Okay.”

“I’m going to see if I can reschedule my appointment with Dr. Reeder too since I missed today.”

“Okay,” David repeated once more.

“And David-“

“I know. You’re staying in the guest room.”

“For now.” Christian smiled. “Yeah.”

“That’s fine.”

Christian took in a deep breath and blew it out slowly. “I’m a little tired so I think I’ll go to bed,” he announced as he pushed himself up from his seat.

“Yeah, me too,” David said through a yawn. “It’s been a long day. I’m going to shower first.” He stood and stretched. He gestured for Christian to go ahead of him. “After you.”

“Thank you.” Christian stilled his back when he felt David’s hand on the small of it, guiding him inside, but didn’t object.

“I’ll be in to check on you before I go to bed,” David informed him as they parted ways in the hallway.

“Okay,” Christian replied as he watched David walk away.

He took a deep breath and kicked off his shoes, dropping his tired body down onto the bed. “Lord have mercy on my soul.” He sighed as he fell backwards. He yawned and scratched at his scalp while glancing around the room, his eyes resting on the medicine bottles on the table. Using his elbows he pushed himself up and rested on them while he debated on whether or not to take the medicine for anxiety.

“I could use the sleep,” he reasoned even as he reached for the bottle. He opened it and shook out two pills before realizing he was out of water.

’I can do this,’ he thought to himself as he casually padded down the hall toward the kitchen with his empty glass in hand. He was feeling positive after spending time with his best friend.

As he neared the bathroom he noticed the door was cracked slightly and he could hear the water running from the shower. Curiosity got the better of him so he peeked inside. He felt his heart stop for a second and his eyes widened in awe at the sight before him. He didn’t mean to, but he found himself staring at David’s silhouette behind the sheer curtain. “So that’s what’s under them jeans.” He sucked on his teeth and nodded approvingly.

David’s body was amazing, even from this distance; like a work of art, sculpted. He was comfortable enough in his manhood to admit that.

He was indeed gorgeous, and he had a body some would kill for. It was long, sleek and well defined. He felt like a ‘Peeping Tom’, like he was invading David’s privacy, but more importantly he felt ashamed because he liked it. Watching David stirred something within him. He scooted back slightly to get a better view.

It was like watching an alluring film and David was the star. He watched him start from the crown of his head, his fingers getting tangled in thick wet curls and shampoo that slid seductively down is neck, shoulders and back, as if on cue.

He couldn’t tear his eyes away from the dark haired Adonis, he was captivated and he continued watching as David ran the bar of soap over the fine hairs that covered his chest down to his torso and between his legs. He stepped away from spray of water, and Christian caught a glimpse of wet, bare skin. His slow, firm circular movements over his thighs, firm butt and slight erection, left Christian breathless. He willed himself to turn away but couldn’t.

A cough and slight movement from the boy’s room startled him, causing him to almost drop the glass. He instinctively covered his mouth and he stopped breathing as if to make himself invisible. He peered over his shoulder waiting for either Liam or Ethan to emerge and catch him. Standing motionless for a moment, he only uncovered his mouth, releasing the breath he was holding when the room went quiet again. His eyes grew wide as saucers when he peeked into the bathroom and saw David turning off the water. “Shit,” He mouthed even as he tried to decide what to do. Run to the kitchen and take a chance of bumping into David again or run to the bedroom and forget the water. He opted for the latter and quickly eased back to his room.

He lay in bed feeling nervous and antsy, usually he would add confused, but tonight confusion was not a part of the equation. Though since the accident confusion had become a way of life for him, only this time the truth was he wasn’t confused at all. He knew how he felt when he saw David naked, he felt as any red-blooded gay male would. He was turned on. He closed his eyes and sighed heavily wondering if it was a good idea not to let Taggart tell him how he and David met. For some strange reason he wanted to relive that memory, not be told about it.

The question that plagued him, especially after tonight was why? David was young, smart and beautiful and Christian was sure he could have any man he wanted, and yet it appeared he wanted him. He was married to this man; they were raising kids together, sharing their lives together. According to Taggart they weren’t perfect but it appeared to him that they were. When he looked in the mirror at himself all he saw a man whose nose and ears were too big, his eyes were too wide set apart and he was always on a constant diet, so what brought them together? “Think.” He slapped his forehead hoping to jar his memory. He opened his eyes when he heard a light tap at the door.

“Hey.” David smiled as he eased into the room. He didn’t know that he’d been watching him, admiring him as he laid there. What he didn’t know was that David thought he was perfect and he adored him.

Christian’s breath hitched and he scrambled to sit up. “Ooooo, he’s so not playing fair,” He thought to himself as he watched David walk closer toward him. David hair was still damp and he was only wearing a pair of draw-string blue and black pajama bottoms.

“Um…hey,” Christian replied, his voice softly squeaking out.

“Are you okay, you look a little…peaked,” David asked noticing Christian’s red cheeks.

“I’m fine. Just a little tired.” He smiled as he scooted over for David to sit down beside him.

“Well you need to get some sleep then,” David encouraged. He looked over at the nightstand and noticed the empty glass. “You’re out of water. I should get you some,” He said even as he reached for the glass.

“No, no. It’s fine. I’ll get some from the bathroom sink. Thanks though.”

“Are you sure?” David asked attempting to stand. “Because, I don’t mind getting it for you.”

“Really, it’s okay,” Christian insisted.

“Okay,” David conceded. He smiled lovingly at his husband and cautiously placed his hand over Christian’s. “Are you sure about tomorrow?”

“Yes, David. I have to get on with my daily routine if I’m going to get better and remember things.”

“Well, I don’t know after today,” David expressed his concern.

“I’ll be fine,” He assured him. “And I promise I won’t run away again.”

“Okay….” David smiled genuinely. He removed his hand and pushed himself off the bed. “I better let you get some sleep.”

“Yeah.”

“Good night, Chris. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“I better get some water.” Christian said as he picked up the glass.

He turned right into David’s arms and sighed. ‘This is so not right. He smells so damn good and feels even better,’ He thought to himself even as he felt David pull him into his embrace.

“Good night,” David said once more as he slowly placed his lips tenderly against Christian’s. Their good night kiss was the only link to a sense of normalcy David had to hold onto and he wouldn’t, couldn’t, let that go.

Christian felt his body go limp and he knew if it wasn’t for David holding him up he would have fallen to the floor. He wasn’t sure but he swore that he kissed David back. The kiss was soft and sweet, leaving him feeling weak.

David pulled back, gazing loving into his husband’s eyes. He used the tips of his fingers to gingerly remove the stray strands of hair from Christian’s face. “I love you,” he smiled before turning to walk away. Christian stood motionless, feeling as if his body was on fire.

“Oh my god,” He mouthed faintly. He closed his eyes, inhaling deeply David’s lingering scent. It wasn’t overbearing or too much, on the contrary, it was perfect. It was intoxicating…

As he made his way into the bathroom, he softly traced his fingers over his mouth, still feeling David’s lips pressed against his. He took a deep breath and a soft smile creased his lips.

Christian experiences first hand what life was like for him before the accident when he tries to ease back into his every day routine.
A phone call from a person close to Christian reveals a starling revelation, one that he's not sure he wants to relive again.
****
A/N:  Wanted to thank everyone for reading and posting reviews, I totally love and appreciate them.:2thumbs:   And I wanted to apologize for the delay in posting this chapter.  I had the pleasure of entertaining friends from France, aside from just having a wonderful time, we did a quick trip to NYC, so needless to say I didn't have much time to write, but I'm back on schedule and ready to rock and roll, and tell Christian and David's story.
Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awwwwwwww ^_^ I really like how Christian is progressing, all i hope is he doesnt encounter more emotions than he can handle and have a setback! That would be so unfair to david! :P and lets face it, he really doesnt deserve that, after all of this!

Tag sounds like a Diva! we do see more of him, yes? :D

A shocking phone call ey? wonder who it is!

No wonder you were late in posting! :P hope you had fun, though!

Cheers!

frosty

Link to comment
On 04/25/2012 06:46 AM, Frostina said:
Awwwwwwww ^_^ I really like how Christian is progressing, all i hope is he doesnt encounter more emotions than he can handle and have a setback! That would be so unfair to david! :P and lets face it, he really doesnt deserve that, after all of this!

Tag sounds like a Diva! we do see more of him, yes? :D

A shocking phone call ey? wonder who it is!

No wonder you were late in posting! :P hope you had fun, though!

Cheers!

frosty

Thanks so much Frostina...MWAH! Yes,Christian is progressing nicely, but you know how life can get, overwhelming at times....lol I love that you dig David, so do I...hehehe. Oh and yes, Look up Diva in Webster's and you'll find a pic of Tag, so much the Diva, then there's Jimmy, he might surprise ya. but for sure more of Tag in the story. Thanks for reviewing, love it. :D and yes we had a ball. Again thanks for the support I really appreicate it more than you know.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

I was worried at Christian might have changed his mind, I was so glad that he came back home. I love Taggart :wub: Hope that he helps Christian with his memory.

It's weird that he's spying on his own husband in the shower :P Aweome scene!

Link to comment

KC mentioned your story in his status update so I had to come look and read all 6 chapters available. I Love your characters. I've used up my "likes" for today but I have 'followed' your story so I will get notified of updates. Can't wait for more! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dave

Link to comment
On 04/25/2012 12:47 PM, K.C. said:
I was worried at Christian might have changed his mind, I was so glad that he came back home. I love Taggart :wub: Hope that he helps Christian with his memory.

It's weird that he's spying on his own husband in the shower :P Aweome scene!

Awwww...thank you KC. I'm glad Christian didn't have a change of heart as well. He's being a good sport about it all actually. And Taggart is very cool. Heck you never know, KC, maybe once Christian is comfortable with his sexuality again he might just get bold enough to join his husband in the shower... ;)

Again thanks so much for the review and the status update it brought me Dave...

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
On 04/25/2012 03:00 PM, Daddydavek said:
KC mentioned your story in his status update so I had to come look and read all 6 chapters available. I Love your characters. I've used up my "likes" for today but I have 'followed' your story so I will get notified of updates. Can't wait for more! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dave

Welcome to the party, Dave so glad you joined us. KC mentioned the story eh, that puts a little pressure on but in a Great way, I hope I don't dissapoint, I've got big shoes to fill with KC... Thanks so much for the review and totally digging the fact that you like the story.

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

what a chapter I love it.. I'm glad Chris is back safe and soundspecool.gif

I hope David to stay strong and I bet sooner or later Chris will back

in his loving arms again.

Chris... Chris.... you like a prev... I see there is still a chance for DAvid

I enjoy your story. Thxs

p/s : forget to mention Tag... what can I say.. love the guy

tattoo and peircing.. huh?? like it

Link to comment
On 04/25/2012 05:54 PM, unlikelyu said:
what a chapter I love it.. I'm glad Chris is back safe and soundspecool.gif

I hope David to stay strong and I bet sooner or later Chris will back

in his loving arms again.

Chris... Chris.... you like a prev... I see there is still a chance for DAvid

I enjoy your story. Thxs

p/s : forget to mention Tag... what can I say.. love the guy

tattoo and peircing.. huh?? like it

Yep, Chris just needed to sort out some things and make a decision to move forward, so that's a good thing. I think David has some staying power, after all he did say Chris loved too good for him to leave him. lol And thanks on the comment re: Tag I think he's a cool dude and look for more of him and his Jimmy... Oh and Yes, Chris may not remember it now, but indeed a Perv with a capital P..hahah

 

Thanks for the review, glad to see you're still enjoying the story and I haven't bored you to tears...

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

I am so in love...A-GAIN! Taggart, or Christian... I can't decide...then there's David, and his body, and tenderness, and all that patience... You do gay men so wonderfullly and we only get to read and dream about em.

Great story, and magnificent men to fantasize over. Can't wait for next chapter.

 

Richard

Link to comment
On 04/26/2012 05:20 AM, Swhouston44 said:
I am so in love...A-GAIN! Taggart, or Christian... I can't decide...then there's David, and his body, and tenderness, and all that patience... You do gay men so wonderfullly and we only get to read and dream about em.

Great story, and magnificent men to fantasize over. Can't wait for next chapter.

 

Richard

Merci, Danke, and thank you, Richard :D :D Taggart is Awesome, then there's Christian who as the story moves forward we learn more about his personality, about what caused David to fall so deeply in love with him in the first place. Speaking of David, yeppers he's truly a great catch. But, hey why limit yourself, take all three... lol

 

Thank you for the wonderful review, I'm cheesing like Chester over here. I do gay men wonderfully is probably the greatest compliment I've received *bows head* honored....

 

Now I hate to do this to you, but don't forget Kaleb he might get jealous, and remember I have something for ya soon ;)

 

Kim

Link to comment

Hey Kim! Welcome back!

 

Hey, does David have a twin? Or a cousin? Or some relative who looks like him? lol He should try to clone himself. Lucky Christian! :) And it looks like Christian may want to move back in the "marital bed" as they say.

 

I love Taggart! What a cool guy! Loved his line, "You're so deep in the closet you and the hangers were on a first name basis!" Omg, what a funny line! =)

 

Great chapter Kim; I'm glad Chris found his way back and David's fears were for nothing. Looking foward to the next installment. :)

Link to comment
On 04/26/2012 11:33 AM, Lisa said:
Hey Kim! Welcome back!

 

Hey, does David have a twin? Or a cousin? Or some relative who looks like him? lol He should try to clone himself. Lucky Christian! :) And it looks like Christian may want to move back in the "marital bed" as they say.

 

I love Taggart! What a cool guy! Loved his line, "You're so deep in the closet you and the hangers were on a first name basis!" Omg, what a funny line! =)

 

Great chapter Kim; I'm glad Chris found his way back and David's fears were for nothing. Looking foward to the next installment. :)

YAY!!!! Thanks, Lisa, I tell ya when god made David he broke the mold on purpuse, because he knew the world wasn't ready for two of them. Hahahah David is totally cool, and Christian's struggling to find himself again so he's on a slant as they say, but he was a force to be reckoned with himself, which is way David is so wrapped and that comes out later. Tag, what can I say besides everyone need one... :D Thank you Darling for the review, more coming right up!

 

Kim ;)

Link to comment

I read this the day you posted it.. just forgot to post a comment :D

I was really scared for Chris but I am glad he came back home.. Poor David :( It would have broken my heart if he would have had to spend another night crying on the couch.

Love Taggart!! I always love the "friend" character you make in your stories :D I still remember the bald guy friend and roommate of Noah's in the Forbidden Romance thing you wrote? I forgot his name lol I wonder how Jimmy is :)

Please post another chapter sooner sista!! Much love!!! <3<3

Link to comment
On 04/26/2012 11:07 PM, SidLove said:
I read this the day you posted it.. just forgot to post a comment :D

I was really scared for Chris but I am glad he came back home.. Poor David :( It would have broken my heart if he would have had to spend another night crying on the couch.

Love Taggart!! I always love the "friend" character you make in your stories :D I still remember the bald guy friend and roommate of Noah's in the Forbidden Romance thing you wrote? I forgot his name lol I wonder how Jimmy is :)

Please post another chapter sooner sista!! Much love!!! <3<3

Hey little bit, hows it going :D thanks Sid for the review. you know how much I love them..HEHE yeah David got a reprive this time. Let's hope there's no more crying in his future. ;) Tag is great, I'm glad he seems to be going over so well, since he will be around through out the journey. Oh and the character you are referring to...the bald guy lol is Bleek. :D and I think you mean how Jons doing if you are referring to the crazy husband...lol love ya back bro and next chapter is in the making even as we speak so hopefully if all goes according to my plan it will be posted this weekend. *crosses fingers*

 

Kim *Hugs*

Link to comment

I can't believe how understanding David is. He's like a saint! It seems like Christian is starting to come around, it'll be interesting to see how David reacts to his interest when he figures it out :)

Link to comment
On 04/27/2012 12:25 PM, intune said:
I can't believe how understanding David is. He's like a saint! It seems like Christian is starting to come around, it'll be interesting to see how David reacts to his interest when he figures it out :)
A saint, eh let Tag tell it that's far from the truth. lol at this point as I mentioned in an eariler post all we're really getting is David because Chris don't remember their previous life as a couple, but there's got to be a reason David is so into him. ;)

Thanks for the review and edit, you ROCK!

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

first thank you for your sweet replies to my ramblings:) but your stories really means a lot to me, it's like this little time out , when i can forget about work and family issues and it's just me and your story!! so back to said story, i was worried about Christian here, it was a lot to digest so i was more than happy he found his way back to David and his home. David is beyond amazing here, given what he went through he is just perfect.it has to be hard for him to not pressure Chris any more. i liked this kittle talk to Taggart about how he felt during Chris" time at the hospital and than the bomb to drop.:( Tagg looks like a good friend and i was a little baffeld that Chris remembers him. but i take it growing up together, the same school, church and being gay, they are really best friends. i don't know if i where this cool as David is... knowing me, i would have felt a little hurt when Chris remembers Tagg but not me as his husband. but i think there's more to their relation. your remark about , you were so deep in the closet you and the hangers were on first name basis...lol never heard this before ..haha so there are some things i really need an answer to soon.. i've picked on that comment from Tagg about the accident of Christian's father in Mississippi and than the comments, or better no comments to the subject of how they met. A subject even Christian remebers as a important thing and he wants to relieve this on hi own.. hmmm... i finished this chapter with a smile though, it looks like Christian is falling for David slowly again.. that's nice to see:) so enough with my rambling for now. thanks for a relaxing time out again :) XOXO

Link to comment
On 07/19/2012 11:58 PM, asonearth said:
first thank you for your sweet replies to my ramblings:) but your stories really means a lot to me, it's like this little time out , when i can forget about work and family issues and it's just me and your story!! so back to said story, i was worried about Christian here, it was a lot to digest so i was more than happy he found his way back to David and his home. David is beyond amazing here, given what he went through he is just perfect.it has to be hard for him to not pressure Chris any more. i liked this kittle talk to Taggart about how he felt during Chris" time at the hospital and than the bomb to drop.:( Tagg looks like a good friend and i was a little baffeld that Chris remembers him. but i take it growing up together, the same school, church and being gay, they are really best friends. i don't know if i where this cool as David is... knowing me, i would have felt a little hurt when Chris remembers Tagg but not me as his husband. but i think there's more to their relation. your remark about , you were so deep in the closet you and the hangers were on first name basis...lol never heard this before ..haha so there are some things i really need an answer to soon.. i've picked on that comment from Tagg about the accident of Christian's father in Mississippi and than the comments, or better no comments to the subject of how they met. A subject even Christian remebers as a important thing and he wants to relieve this on hi own.. hmmm... i finished this chapter with a smile though, it looks like Christian is falling for David slowly again.. that's nice to see:) so enough with my rambling for now. thanks for a relaxing time out again :) XOXO
Awww, Nettie Poo, it's your rambling that I crave. I love reading you insightful comments, it shows how much thought you give not only the chapter, but the characters themselves. And as a person who writes stories, that's very appreciated.

 

As you read the story further you'll gain an understanding as to why Christian remembers Tag, and not David. Oh and yes, you would catch the comment Tag said re: Christian's father, keep that in mind when you read the next few chapters. ;)

Again thanks, Nettie Poo, you Rock, chica.

Link to comment

Awww, that was such a sweet chapter. And Chris spying David in the shower and then panicking, made me laugh out loud.

I really like that, while Christian has amnesia, he's still such a good guy with David and the kids. It must be a really confusing time for him, yet he's still considerate for their feelings.

And David.... Poor guy. I just want to hug him. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..