Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 5,184 Words
  • 7,325 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hello, My Name is... - 8. Chapter 8 A Road Once Traveled...

Christian makes a left on Memory Lane and in the end may have wished he'd turn right. He looks to David for support and finds a whole lot more.

“Hello, Son, how are you feeling?”

The sound of his mother’s voice was just like he remembered. He felt a warm wave rush over his entire body and tears immediately filled his eyes. They say a mother’s love is something you never forget and truer words were never spoken, and Christian appreciated that at this very moment. Just the way she called him ‘Son.’ The inflection of tone and her deep Southern accent took him back to his childhood years.

“Hey.” He smiled softly, his mind instinctively bringing her features to memory. Her warm smile, her kind brown eyes and her light brown hair that ever since he could remember was peppered with gray. She always wore it in a nice neat bun. Though her hair was long he rarely remembered seeing her with it down. “It’s so good to hear from you.” He released a relaxed sigh. “I’m hanging in there.”

“I heard about the accident and I’m sorry I couldn’t be there-“

“Yeah, David told me you were over in Africa. Wow.” He laughed lightly while scratching at his temple. “That’s a long way from home.” The light tap at the door captured his attention and he glanced up meeting David’s warm smile. He pulled the phone away from his ear mouthing the words, “It’s my mom.”

Ohhhh.” David nodded while placing his finger to his lip. “I’ll come back,” he whispered as he ducked out into the hallway pulling the door slightly. Christian shook his head and smiled before turning his attention back to his mother.

“It is,” he heard her agree just as he placed the phone back to his ear. “But there’s still so much work to be done, you know.”

“Yeah, I know. How long have you been there?” He asked curiously as he positioned himself on the bed settling in for a nice long visit.

“Hum-hum.” Christian nodded as he listened to the stories his mother had to tell. It was like listening to an audio recorded Adventure Novel. He wasn’t sure when it happened but he found himself curled under his covers just like he used to do as a child. She always knew how to tell stories. Her version of ‘Daniel in the Lion’s Den’ was always his favorite. “Wow, that’s a lot of work.”

That’s not the hard part.” She laughed, “The hardest part is getting everything just as he specified.” The ‘He’ she was referring to was Christian’s father, Solomon Beck.

“I bet.” Christian laughed thinking about his father. He was a detail oriented man much like himself.

“You know he was really hoping you two could spear head these projects together,” She stated, her wistful tone didn’t go unnoticed by her son.

“I know, Mom.” He sighed feeling a pang of sadness. “The doctors told me he passed, six years ago, but I don’t remember,” He expressed sadly. “Man, I wish I could.”

“How much do you remember, Son?”

“Not much.”

“Do you remember father at all?”

“Of course,” he answered quickly. “There’s just this block of time that I don’t recall.”

“That’s interesting, how much time?”

Christian took a deep breath and placed the phone between his ear and shoulder using his free hand to rub his tired eyes. “Honestly, Mom, I…” His voice trailed off.

Take your time son,” she encouraged lovingly.

“I don’t remember David…or the kids,” He admitted sadly after a long pause. “I do remember Tag and Jimmy though,” He interjected quickly.

“Tag?”

“Yeah. Taggart Martin.”

“Ohhhh, I remember him. Wasn’t he a little on the wild side?” She asked. “I heard him and that boy left school and ran away together.” There was a disapproving tone in her voice that Christian picked up on immediately.

“He actually graduated from school,” He said coming to his friend’s defense. “He and Jimmy just wanted to get out of Mississippi.”

Well, his parents were very loving people,” She replied snidely.

“Yeah,” Christian agreed with a half shrug. He remembered having these conversations with his parents when he was younger. They always referred to Taggart as “That Boy,” always warning him to stay away from “His kind.”

“You know, Son, we can still use you here,” She said, shifting topics. “When you get better it would be nice, if you could join me. I mean, your father would have loved it if his son finished the work he started.”

“Mom, you know I can’t. I have a family. I can’t just jump up and leave them. Besides, I’m working on regaining my memory. My place is here. I have responsibilities here.”

“I know, Son, but…”

“But what, Mom?” He challenged, feeling himself getting defensive. The feeling was familiar and he didn’t like it.

“Listen, Christian, I don’t want our first conversation after all these years to be like this.”

“All these years?” Christian questioned drawing his brows together clearly confused. How long had it been? He wondered. “What do you mean all these years?”

“Son…” Her tone was heavy.

“Mom?” He pushed.

“Since your father died,” she said faintly after a few beats. Christian opened his mouth to speak but no words were spoken. The room suddenly felt small and he felt like he was struggling to breathe. Did she just say that they hadn’t spoken in… in six years? He sat, trying to wrap his mind around that.

“Why?” He asked flabbergasted, finally finding his voice. “What happened?”

“I love you, Son.”

“Well, I love you too, but you’re not answering my question. I was told dad died six years ago. That’s a long time not to talk to your son,” he charged. “So let me get this straight. If David hadn’t called to tell you about the accident, we wouldn’t be talking now, would we?” He concluded, still spinning around in his mind. “How did David even know where you were…How to find you?”

Christian,” His mother’s voice burned his ears. “All your father and I ever wanted was for you to come back to the Lord. Clean up your life and repent of your sins, Son.”

“Repent of my what?” Christian shook his head trying to ward off the confusion. He wasn’t sure why he was even surprised, it’s what he expected. He didn’t remember much, but he knew enough to know his current situation wouldn’t be well received, he just didn’t expect it to go this deep.

“It’s not too late.”

“What do you mean, it’s not too late. Too late for what? Mother, I’m married. I have a family,” Even he couldn’t believe the words coming out of his mouth.

“The lord doesn’t recognize your union, Son, and you know that.”

“Oh my goodness.” He sighed exaggeratedly, while rubbing his temple. “You sound like Dad,” he caught himself saying.

That’s not fair-”

“What you’re doing to me and my family… my kids, wait.” He frowned. “Do you even know my sons?” There was nothing but dead-air on the other end of the phone. Christian shook his head in disbelief. “That’s what I thought,” he said feeling as if his heart was breaking in two. “You know, Mom, David is a wonderful man, and he’s been nothing but good to me since I’ve come home from the hospital. It appears our life together is what you and Dad had. We’re raising Ethan and Liam, - my son’s, did you even know their names?”

“Christian, “His mother sighed. “I’m sure they’re lovely boys, but I think it’s unfair for those innocent souls to be raised that way. It must be confusing to them.”

“What? It’s confusing to be raised in a loving environment with two parents who love them? It’s not confusing at all, Mother. Liam and Ethan are happy, healthy children.” He defended adamantly. He couldn’t believe they were having this conversation. More importantly, he couldn’t believe he was defending David and the children when he himself didn’t remember his life with them. All he knew was it felt right for him to do so. “And not to mention-“ He stopped talking when he heard commotion on the other end and what sounded like muffled conversations in the background.

“Christian, Son, I’m sorry but the bus is heading back to the village, so I have to go.”

“But,” Christian heard himself whine like a small child. “When can we talk again? How can I get in touch with you?”

“David has the number to the mission here, and they can deliver a message if I’m not in.” She sounded rushed.

“But…but.” Christian tried to hold her on the phone just a little while longer as he felt panic set in. It wasn’t the most encouraging conversation he’d had. As a matter of fact, it was actually painful, but it was his mother. He still had so many unanswered questions. So many things he needed to remember.

“The bus is leaving, Christian. You’re my son and I do love you no matter what. Always remember that.”

“I love you too-“ He hadn’t finished his sentence when his ears were met with a dial tone. “Mom?” He muttered softly. He closed his eyes tightly and slumped back against the pillow still holding the phone.

His thoughts were all over the place. He and his mother hadn’t spoken since the death of his father. He had two wonderful sons that his mother had never met. ‘What did he do so wrong to cause this to happen?’ He wondered. He felt horrible, almost wishing he’d never even spoken with his mother. She opened up a can of worms. He needed to figure this out. He sighed, threw off the covers and hoisted himself out of bed.

He stood in front of his door, listening for any movements, any signs that he was still awake. He didn’t understand why, but he felt like he needed him, needed to be comforted, by him. He took a deep breath and tapped lightly on the door.

“It’s open, Chris.” He heard David’s voice on the other side. He cleared his throat nervously and hesitantly pushed the door open.

“You busy?” He peeked inside.

“Not at all.” David smiled even as he closed the folder he was reviewing and set it aside. “Come in.” He removed his glasses and set them on top of the folder, before placing his hands in his lap.

Christian returned the smile as he made his way over to the bed. David was resting his back against the pillow, wearing only a pair of draw string pajamas. Christian couldn’t help but notice how broad his chest was and how toned his abs appeared as his eyes traveled down David’s torso ending at the waistband.

“Mmm-Mmm.” He shook his head clearly impressed. His eyes widened in fright as he wondered if he said that aloud. If he did, David seemed unfazed. “Whew…” He thought to himself.

“How did the talk with your mom go?” David asked. He furrowed his brows, tilting his head slightly, watching as Christian motioned for him to slide over. Christian sat down beside him and relaxed against the pillow. “Hum?” He thought it odd that Christian seemed so comfortable. He wasn’t sure if he even realized how close they were sitting. This was their bedroom, and the same room that scared him and caused him to flee the last time he was in here.

“I don’t know,” Christian finally answered as he rubbed his temple.

“That bad, huh?”

“I wouldn’t go as far as to say it was bad per say,” Christian replied as he thought back to their conversation. “I started out great.” He shrugged. “And then…”

“Then what?” David caressed the side of Christian arm soothingly. “What did she say?” He asked, concern evident in his tone.

Christian shifted, adjusting himself so he was facing his husband and took a deep breath. “Is it true I haven’t talked to my mother since my father died?”

“Uhhh…Um.” David awkwardly scratched at the side of his neck.

Christian noticed the change in David’s demeanor taking note in the fact the David’s hand slipped from his shoulder as soon as he asked the question.

“Why, David?” He asked. “Did I kill my father?” He frowned.

“Chris! Why would you say something like that?!” David chided somewhat amused at Christian’s seriousness.

“No,” he answered his own question. “I’d be in jail if I did,” he reasoned while scratching at his scalp. “Unless it was in self-defense.” He thought aloud. “Do you know why?” He asked directly.

“Christian, it’s late. You really should get some sleep,” David encouraged lovingly.

“You know, don’t you?” He narrowed his gaze accusingly. “I wanna know…I have a right to know. So tell me,” he demanded as he stilled his shoulders.

“I will,” David promised. “Just, not tonight.”

“But-“ Christian objected.

“Tomorrow. We’ll get Tibby to take care of the boys and we can go to dinner, just the two of us and talk.”

“But…” Christian whined again.

“Chris. You’re absolutely right, you do have the right to know.” He inhaled deeply. “I just think it’s too much. Too deep to get into right now.”

“That doesn’t sound good,” Christian deduced and he could tell David was avoiding the subject, but why? “You think I can’t handle it, don’t you?” He challenged.

“No, that’s not it. That’s not it at all,” David admitted as he scooted around Christian and climbed off the bed. He offered his hand to help Christian off the bed.

“Phffff.” Christian huffed even as he placed his hand into David’s. “You’re dismissing me, and I don’t appreciate it.” He glared up into David’s piercing blue eyes even as he scooted off the bed as well.

David placed his hands on Christian’s shoulders and looked him in the eyes. “I’d never dismiss you,” he stated simply. “You’re an extension of me. Dismissing you would be insulting to the both of us and I’d never do that,” he stated sincerely. “It’s too deep for me at this time of night, actually. And Dr. Reeder wants you to take it slow.” He smiled, releasing Christian’s shoulder and taking his hand instead.

Christian frowned but reluctantly allowed David to lead him out of the room. The short walk was silent and it appeared David was in deep thought by the time they reached the guestroom.

“David,” Christian’s voice seemed to pull David from his reveries.

“Um...Yeah,” He said turning to face Christian.

“I didn’t mean to be so pushy back there. It’s just…”

“No,” David said immediately. “It’s your right to know, and I promise we’ll talk tomorrow.” He smiled using his finger he gingerly lifted his husband’s chin to meet his loving gaze. He sighed heavily, adoring the man standing before him.

“Okay,” Christian conceded. He could tell something was weighing heavily on David’s mind and he didn’t want to push. He pressed his lips together in a tight smile and he turned to walk away. He felt David’s hand rest gently on his arm before pulling him back into his opened arms.

“Tomorrow, I promise.” He smiled and held his breath when he noticed Christian relaxed into his arms and didn’t pull away. He released his breath slowly and leaned in, their noses touching just ever so slightly. He took a deep breath and exhaled and Christian could feel his warm breath on his lips before David kissed him. He didn’t pull away this time, he didn’t want to. There was a soft moan the filled the air and he wasn’t sure if it was him or David, at that moment it didn’t matter. Christian pressed his lips firmly against his husband deepening their kiss. Though it was just a moment it felt like eternity and there was a stirring in his stomach that made him weak at the knees.

David pulled back struggling for air. He couldn’t believe what happened. Christian just kissed him back and it felt amazing.

Christian swooned breathlessly as his eyes slowly fluttered opened meeting the most amazing pair of blue eyes smiling at him. He ducked his head, blushing even as he traced his fingers over his lips still feeling the burn. There was an awkward moment shared between them before David spoke.

“Are you okay?” He asked as the pad of his thumb caressed Christian’s cheek.

“Yeah.”

“Okay,” David said slightly above a whisper as his hand dropped to his side. “Sleep tight.”

Christian nibbled on his lower lip and nodded. He combed his fingers through his hair and watched David walk away before stepping inside.

David sat down on the edge of the bed and rested his head in the palm of his hands. This was so unfair, but if it had to be done, it had to be done. He sat up and breathed a heavy sigh. His heart ached for Christian. To live it the first time almost broke him, but in the end Christian was that much stronger.

The room felt uncomfortably warm and the sheets provided no relief. There wasn’t a cool spot on the bed and kicking off the covers didn’t help. He tossed and turned trying to get comfortable but failed miserably.

The voices were so clear, filled with anger and disgust. Each word spat was laced with venom.

“So are you saying that because I’m gay I don’t deserve to be happy? That I don’t deserve to be loved or have a family?” His own voice echoed in his ear.

“Men can’t procreate. Genesis 1:27 and 28, say, ‘God created man and woman in his image.’ They were to be fruitful, become many and fill the earth. Men can’t do that, Christian,” his father stressed. “It’s unnatural. It’s a sin and I raised you better than that.”

“Yes, Dad, you did,” his voice was laced with desperation and pleading. “You raised me well. You taught me how to be a man. You taught me about morals and values-”

“NO!” He objected. “Don’t put your sordid lifestyle on my head. I didn’t raise… I didn’t,” He fumbled with the words that flew out of his mouth. “I didn’t teach you this. You’re choosing him over your family. Over GOD!” He yelled heatedly.

“But that’s not true.” He found himself defending. “I love him.” On impact he heard a loud ringing in his ears and the side of his face felt like it was on fire.

“Dad?!” His hand instinctively cupped his face.

“Stop!” His dad pulled his hand back quickly. “I can’t listen to this foolishness anymore.”

At that moment his father’s eyes were callous, cold. All he saw was loathing as the tears streamed down his bruised face. He couldn’t give up on him. He had to reach him, make him understand. He was his father and he’d loved and respected this man his whole life.

“Please. I want to share my life with you and mom.” He nodded to his mother, who stood quietly in the corner with her own tears streaming down her cheeks. “I want a family,” He cried. “I want children…Grandkids for you.”

“Christian-“

“He loves me, Dad,” He cut him off. “And I love him. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.”

“Leviticus-“ he interrupted, cutting his son’s statement short.

“Dad…” He pleaded desperately.

Ignoring his son’s pleas he continued. “Leviticus states, 'if a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads’ Son,” he preached. “Repent. Ask for forgiveness and come back to your family. Come back to the lord.”

The tears were streaming down his face faster than he could wipe them away. The weight on his heart was heavy making it almost impossible to breathe. Every breath was forced and labored. But he couldn’t stop. Not now. He’d come this far. This was his life. He couldn’t deny it anymore. He couldn’t lie to himself anymore.

“This is me, Dad!” He jabbed at his chest with his thumb. “It’s who I am. I just wish you could love me for me!”

“No son of mine will blatantly sin against the Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost-“

“But-“

“But, nothing, Christian. I love you and when you are ready to repent…”

“Mom.” He turned to his mother begging for her support.

She used the edge of her apron to wipe eyes while crying. “I’m sorry, Christian; I must support your father on this one. The bible says ‘a woman will leave her mother and father and stick to her husband’.” She lowered her head and looked away.

He slumped his shoulders, feeling defeated. Using the palm of his hand he roughly wiped the tears off his face, took a deep breath and turned back to his father.

“I’ve tried, Dad.” He choked back the tears that threatened to fall. “My whole life I’ve denied who I was. Buried myself, to please you. Gain your respect.” He shook his head sadly. “I can’t do that anymore.”

“Then I don’t have a son,” His father’s tone as cold as ice water. “Go! Get out! You’re not welcomed in my home as long as you choose this wretched lifestyle.”

Pressing his lips together, he stilled his shoulders, took another deep breath and glanced around the room one last time before mouthing the words ‘I love you,’ to his parents. He frowned at his father who opened the door and motioned for him to leave, as stepped out on the porch and flinched when the door slammed behind him.

The sun was blinding, instantly drying his tear stained cheeks. Life seemed to be going about as usual unfazed by the events that went on inside just moments ago. The birds were chirping in the trees and he heard his name being called behind him.

“Christian…” The voice was pleasant. Gentle. “Christian.” He heard it again. It was familiar, drawing him closer. “Christian, wake up. Wake up, Baby.”

His eyes opened wide and he sat up in a panic, blinking several times while trying to focus. He glanced around the room attempting to familiarize himself with it. His chest rose and fell with each labored breath.

“Christian.” A hand rested on is shoulder.

“Huh?” His eyes darted in the direction of the voice and he breathed a sigh of relief. He swallowed hard still trying to steady his breathing. “What- Where?” He used the back of his hand to wipe the beads of perspiration that dotted his brow before combing his hand through his sweat laced hair.

“Baby, are you okay?” David asked as he caressed his arm. “You were having a dream. A bad one it seemed.”

Christian just stared at him with that blank stare, as his breathing evened out.

“I could hear you in the other room,” David added, still receiving no reply. “You were fighting, arguing,” David stated, growing more concerned at the dazed expression on Christian’s face. He was looking at him like he didn’t recognize him and that scared him. “Christian?”

Christian opened his mouth to speak, but the words got caught up in the haze. He took another long, deep breath.

“It was terrible…I, I…” He sighed wrapping his arms around David’s neck. He pulled him close, burying his face in the cervices of David’s neck as if his life depended on it.

“Um, okay, what’s going on…” David inhaled deeply before wrapping Christian safely in his arms. “It’s okay,” He whispered while rubbing soothing circles on his back. “Whatever it is, it’s okay. I’ve got you.” They sat there in each other’s embrace for what seemed like forever. David could finally feel Christian relax in his embrace. “Wanna talk about it?” His voice was soft and non-intrusive.

“It wasn’t a dream,” Christian said as he pulled himself from David’s hold. He chewed on the inside of his cheek and sighed.

“What do you mean?”

“It wasn’t a dream, David. The fight,” He tried to clarify.

“The fight?” David parroted, with a questioning gaze. “What fight?”

“My dad and I. The dream wasn’t a dream. It was you. It was real.” His words were spouting out faster than he could think.

“Me?” David frowned even as Christian’s jumbled words starting making sense. “Oh…”

Christian scooted around David and sat on the edge of the bed beside him. “I remember.”

“You do?”

“I remember the fight I had with my dad.”

“Oh…Oh.” David’s eyes widened upon understanding.

“We were arguing and he said some horrible things to me.” David hesitantly took Christian’s hand into his own offering him comfort as he listened to Christian retell the story.

“Is that all you remember?” He questioned.

“Yeah.” Christian nodded slowly. It dawned on him that Christian still didn’t remember them and he tried to hide his disappointment. Right now this was totally about Christian. He had all the time in the world; he would wait on him forever to get his memory back regarding them if he had to. “It was you, wasn’t it?”

They shared a forlorn glance before David answered, “Yes.” He didn’t know why, but he felt guilty. He didn’t want Christian’s first memory of him to be associated with something that caused his husband so much pain. Christian lowered his head and started playing idly with his fingers.

“I’m so sorry, Chris.” David’s voice seemed loud, drowning out the quiet.

“Don’t be.” Christian glanced up forcing a sad smile. “It’s not your fault,” he assured him. Christian rested his head in the palm of his hands, exhaling deeply. “Wait.” His head shot up. “I didn’t wake the kids did I?”

“No. I pulled their door closed when I realized you were having a bad dream.”

“Thank you.” Christian sighed before resting his chin against his hand. His expression was thoughtful as if he was once again replaying the scenario in his head.

“You were so happy that day. Scared, but happy.” He heard David say. He turned his head slightly giving David’s his full attention. “We knew after six months of being together this was what we wanted.” His voice was soft, yet reflective. Christian smiled sadly as he listened. “What’s funny.” David laughed lightly. “I wasn’t even going to go out with you.”

Christian sat up with a curious expression and frowned. “Why? What’s wrong with me?”

David chuckled in amusement, shaking his head. “Absolutely nothing,” he clarified. “It’s just I usually didn’t date guys as young as you.”

“What do you mean?” Christian charged. “I’m older than you.”

“I know.” David laughed. “You have to understand. I’ve been out most of my life and the guys that were my age were either experimenting, not sure if they were gay or not, or not looking for anything serious. So I started dating men much older than I was. I found them intriguing,” He admitted.

“So basically I got in under the wire?” Christian teased trying to lighten the mood.

David smiled and held up his thumb and first finger. “Just under.” He grinned. “Anyway,” He took a deep breath before continuing. “We met at jury duty.”

“Jury duty?” Christian questioned incredulously. “That doesn’t sound very romantic.”

“It wasn’t.” David chuckled, thinking fondly about that day. “We both got picked, and during lunch we all ate together.” He smiled. “And after a long grueling, boring day we all exchanged numbers, promising to keep in touch.”

“Really?” Christian furrowed his brows in disbelief.

“Yeah.” David nodded. “I knew you were interested in me even though you tried to play it off.”

“Pffff…” Christian waved dismissively.

“Seriously. I could also tell you weren’t out and I didn’t want to deal with someone trying to find himself. It’s too much work sneaking around,” he admitted. “But after talking to you, I realized you were different. You were worth it.”

Christian smiled softly as David reminisced. Though he wanted to remember on his own, it was nice listening to David speak so fondly of them.

“After talking on the phone a few times and chatting online, we decided to meet up again. You were scared to death,” David stated reflectively. “You had finally come to terms with yourself but you still weren’t ready to come out, not to your family anyway.”

Christian nodded as he continued to follow along. “You needed love and I was looking for someone to love. Like I said, I was tired of the games; the world of promiscuity and I was ready to settle down. Start a family. I wanted to commit my life to that special person. My special person,” He stressed. “The one who would complete my world and that person was you.” David confessed even as he took Christian’s hand into his own and gently kissed his fingers. The simple gesture caused Christian to blush and awakened the butterflies in his stomach. “You’re smart, but not just book smart,” he clarified. “I learn so much from just listening to you. You wow me with your brilliance.”

“What are you talking about,” Christian interrupted, “You’re a successful Financial Advisor for goodness sake,” He countered.

“All I do is crunch numbers all day, but you…you create things,” David said with a dreamy faraway look in his eyes. “Your mind is amazing. You turn simple lines into great structures…sky scrapers that beautify downtown Boston and I’m so proud of you.” He admitted with heartfelt conviction. “You’re a wonderful husband and father. I couldn’t have picked a better partner in life.”

“Wow…” Christian said in awe. “Sounds perfect.”

“Far from it.” David shrugged. “But the love is there, so that makes up for it.”

“So…” Christian scratched at his scalp redirecting the conversation. “I went to tell my father the good news and…” His tone took on a serious nature.

“Well, let’s just say you were ready to face your demons head on,” He corrected, “You knew he wasn’t going to be happy, but I don’t think you expected it to be that bad.”

“Where they kick me out of their lives, you mean?” Christian finished sarcastically.

David pursed his lips and frowned. “Yeah.”

“So, I hadn’t spoken to my mother since my dad’s funeral and I hadn’t spoken to my dad at all after he disowned me,” he stated snidely.

“Actually that’s not true.” David sighed while scratching behind his ear. He feared the next question, already knowing what it was.

“Really?” Christian narrowed his gaze questioningly. “When was the last time I talked to him?” There was a moment of awkward silence and Christian picked up on David’s uneasiness right away. “David?” He squinted, tilting his head slightly. “What is it?” He placed his hand to his chest, feeling his heartbeat speed up. “You’re scaring me.”

“Christian,” David’s voice was shaky, barely above a whisper. He took Christian’s hand into his own and scooted closer to him. He wanted to choose his words carefully. “A week after you and your dad’s argument he came to Boston.”

“Okay…” Christian nodded slowly. “And?”

“Your father came to Boston.” He paused. “To see me…”

Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh no!!! :o no no NO!!!

i hate the fact that David is having to tell Chris all of this! :( it cant be easy for him!

what'd Chris' dad do? :o

Link to comment

Ugh!! you kill me here... pls update soon.. I want to know

what Chris father doing when he meet David. I feel bad for David

being so close to Chris but can't touch him like he use to..sad.png

Anyway well done to you...thumbsup.gif

Link to comment
On 05/10/2012 11:19 PM, Frostina said:
Oh no!!! :o no no NO!!!

i hate the fact that David is having to tell Chris all of this! :( it cant be easy for him!

what'd Chris' dad do? :o

Frostina, I'm sure by the time it's all said and done David will need a hug... ;)

 

You're still reading YAY!!!

 

Thanks you, Dear.

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
On 05/11/2012 03:23 AM, unlikelyu said:
Ugh!! you kill me here... pls update soon.. I want to know

what Chris father doing when he meet David. I feel bad for David

being so close to Chris but can't touch him like he use to..sad.png

Anyway well done to you...thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the lovely review, unlikelyu, glad you're still enjoying the story and taking the time to post a review, I really appreicate it, sincerly. It appears that Chris and David are on the road to memory lane. I'm sure by the time it's all said and done, hugs will be welcomed. :D

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

This chapter leaves me with a lot of questions. I'm so curious about what happened with David and Christian's father. I was so happy you put in how they met, though. I had been wondering about that for a while. :)

Link to comment
On 05/11/2012 08:18 AM, intune said:
This chapter leaves me with a lot of questions. I'm so curious about what happened with David and Christian's father. I was so happy you put in how they met, though. I had been wondering about that for a while. :)
I know, intune it supposed to leave you and Christian with a lot of questions...lol On how they met I didn't want something all sugary and sweet, the sugary stuff comes in the relationship ;). Thanks so much for all your help and review...

 

Merci,

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

OMG another cliff-hanger.

You truly had me, leading me down the garden path with all the revelations and then you suddenly yanked the path out from under me....lmaosmiley.gif

I like the story already. So you don't have to leave me hanging and waiting for the next installment with baited breath!blush1.gif

Link to comment

More More More...Jump up and down! More!!!! Oh wow, I can't believe David has to tell him all of these painful memories, It has to hurt so bad (a second time :( ) It looks like Christian is on the verge of a breakthrough.

Link to comment
On 05/11/2012 10:23 AM, Daddydavek said:
OMG another cliff-hanger.

You truly had me, leading me down the garden path with all the revelations and then you suddenly yanked the path out from under me....lmaosmiley.gif

I like the story already. So you don't have to leave me hanging and waiting for the next installment with baited breath!blush1.gif

I'm sorry....hehehe. Well I hope I didn't lose ya on the garden path. I'm having so much fun with this, so thank you for the review and letting me know you're out there with me, Christian and David...lol I promise not to leave you hanging too long.. :D

 

Danke,

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
On 05/11/2012 10:55 AM, K.C. said:
More More More...Jump up and down! More!!!! Oh wow, I can't believe David has to tell him all of these painful memories, It has to hurt so bad (a second time :( ) It looks like Christian is on the verge of a breakthrough.
Hey KC...I got ya. More on the way. And yes, David will need lots of hugs before its all over. I was thinking poor Christian and may not remember David or being gay, but... and yeppers and this might just be better the second time around. ;)

 

Danke,

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Ugh, I have such a bad feeling about this. Did Chris's father think he was going to meet with David to convince David to break up with Chris? How did he die? We don't know that yet, do we? Maybe I just don't remember.....Shit, I hope he didn't have a heart attack in David's office. Omg...and David has to tell Chris all this and they both have to re-live it.

 

On a positive note: it's great that Chris is letting David be a bit more affectionate w/him, and he feels positive things b/c of this (the butterflies in his stomach, etc.)

 

Great chapter Kim! You always leave me wanting more! :)

Link to comment
On 05/12/2012 03:08 AM, Lisa said:
Ugh, I have such a bad feeling about this. Did Chris's father think he was going to meet with David to convince David to break up with Chris? How did he die? We don't know that yet, do we? Maybe I just don't remember.....Shit, I hope he didn't have a heart attack in David's office. Omg...and David has to tell Chris all this and they both have to re-live it.

 

On a positive note: it's great that Chris is letting David be a bit more affectionate w/him, and he feels positive things b/c of this (the butterflies in his stomach, etc.)

 

Great chapter Kim! You always leave me wanting more! :)

*Waves* Hey, Lisa. I love reading your reviews..hehe. No we don't know exactly how Chris's father died, but we will find out in the next chapter. ;) And yes they will have to re-live it. Dr. Reeder might be on to something re: Chris blocking out time on purpose. We'll see. it's funny Chris still doesn't remember is past with David, hell who knows; the butterflies, the kiss...I don't know. Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

After a five month break (due to classes, work, family issues, etc.) I wondered what one of my all-time favorite writers was up to. To make a long story short, here I am, eight chapters later...where does the time go? Kim....what can I say?? You were born to write. Another fine, fine story. Bravo. (Hope there is lots more to come!)

Link to comment
On 05/12/2012 09:23 AM, charlieocho said:
After a five month break (due to classes, work, family issues, etc.) I wondered what one of my all-time favorite writers was up to. To make a long story short, here I am, eight chapters later...where does the time go? Kim....what can I say?? You were born to write. Another fine, fine story. Bravo. (Hope there is lots more to come!)
I wondered where you went...I know not every story is for everybody, glad to see this one is for you... Welcome back,, dear...sincerly missed ya. It's summer break for some. Hope to see more of you.. Thanks for the review.

 

*hugs*

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

oy poor Chris. he's just not having an easy time of it is he? first he talks to his mom, and that conversation goes south real fast. Then he talks to David and finds out he hasn't talked to his mom in years. top that off with learning what happened with his father, the man just can't catch a break can he? It's gotta suck since he's essentially learning this information a second time and thus going through it all again. can i give him a hug? There's so much to like about this; I'm glad Christian is letting David help him, and also mayhaps needing his help just a little wanting it. and David's patience probably helps. Belligerent parents are always fun to write and you do it so well. love the chapter kimkim

Link to comment
On 05/14/2012 11:14 AM, Jammi said:
oy poor Chris. he's just not having an easy time of it is he? first he talks to his mom, and that conversation goes south real fast. Then he talks to David and finds out he hasn't talked to his mom in years. top that off with learning what happened with his father, the man just can't catch a break can he? It's gotta suck since he's essentially learning this information a second time and thus going through it all again. can i give him a hug? There's so much to like about this; I'm glad Christian is letting David help him, and also mayhaps needing his help just a little wanting it. and David's patience probably helps. Belligerent parents are always fun to write and you do it so well. love the chapter kimkim
Thanks, Jams. Yeah, Chris is catching it, but he's got a good support system. It can't be easy hearing all this stuff that you don't remember and like you said re-living it sucks. But hopefully David can help him remember. I like how Christian seems to be softening up to David. He may not remember him, but he's feeling something for him that's for sure. Who knows it might be better the second time around. :D thanks for all the help with this story and for leaving a review.

 

:D

Link to comment

this wasn't exactly a lighthearted chapter but it was an important one.. so i take it ;) i feel so sad for Christian . first the talk to his mom. i had a feeling there was so much hope in his voice to get to talk to her, but that feeling was crashed fast.. i knew his coming out had to bad , but that bad..:( i liked though that he defended his family even if he can't remember them. this was what felt right.. oh how i love him:) i guess this call triggered his dream , or better that day he remembers, so this fight took place and it's a shame he has to relive this all over again, and maybe feel as helpless as he felt when he came out. i though his father was a bastard, but you toped it off, so much loathe here. unbelievable,( sadly.) i'm glad though David is there for him and he at least can seek comfort there. i guess the worst o have to read yet, when it will unfold what happend when his father came to talk to David..:( you write in an amazing way this chapter and revealeed a lot of their special realtionship here, on both sides, .. thanks alot!!! very well done! :)

Link to comment
On 07/24/2012 08:01 PM, asonearth said:
this wasn't exactly a lighthearted chapter but it was an important one.. so i take it ;) i feel so sad for Christian . first the talk to his mom. i had a feeling there was so much hope in his voice to get to talk to her, but that feeling was crashed fast.. i knew his coming out had to bad , but that bad..:( i liked though that he defended his family even if he can't remember them. this was what felt right.. oh how i love him:) i guess this call triggered his dream , or better that day he remembers, so this fight took place and it's a shame he has to relive this all over again, and maybe feel as helpless as he felt when he came out. i though his father was a bastard, but you toped it off, so much loathe here. unbelievable,( sadly.) i'm glad though David is there for him and he at least can seek comfort there. i guess the worst o have to read yet, when it will unfold what happend when his father came to talk to David..:( you write in an amazing way this chapter and revealeed a lot of their special realtionship here, on both sides, .. thanks alot!!! very well done! :)
Thank you, my dear Nettie Poo. Yeah, Christian had hoped for better from his mother, but the way she and his father thought, that would have been too good to be true. Christian had it hard, coming out indeed and there's more to come and the ways paved aren't always easy.

 

Danke, sweetie, so glad you're still enjoying the story. ;)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..