Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 4,669 Words
  • 4,663 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

School Daze - 14. Chapter 14

What's done in the dark...Always comes to light.

“What they won’t tell you, Joel?” Brye repeated trying to sound confused.

“Yeah…I know it must be something pretty bad. I mean I see the way mom and dad look at me, the way Ryan won’t.” Joel sighed shutting his eyes tightly.

“What do you mean, Ryan, is here day and night.” Brye pointed out defending his best friend.

“I know, waiting on me hand and foot…He’s perfect, so I’m just wondering why.” Joel shrugged.

Tell him.” Olivia’s words echoed in Brye’s head. He scooted his chair closer to the bed looking intently into his brother’s eyes, the eyes that begged for the truth.

“Okay…ahem…” Brye cleared his throat as he repositioned himself in his chair stalling.

“What is it, Am I going to die?” Joel asked, his voiced was laced with uncertainty.

Brye chuckled humorlessly, “No Joel…but.” He sighed scratching the back of his head leaving his statement suspended in mid air. “How do I say this?”

“Just say it.” Joel pleaded trying to make eye contact with his brother.

“Okaay…Joel according to Dr. Levy and all the test they’ve ran on you, the results show you have taken one too many hits.”

“And…” Joel encouraged him to continue.

“You were suffering from something called ‘Second Impact something.” He scratched his head trying to remember the medical term. “Basically it means this is not your first rodeo Joel. According to the test you’ve been hurt really bad before, and maybe you blew it off or you just suffered through it.” Brye eyed Joel looking for some sort of confession from his brother.

He sighed when he received no confirmation and continued. “Anyway, Joel because the impact was so sever this time, the doctor said the next time you receive a hit like that you could die.”

Joel chewed nervously on his lower lip heaving a heavy sigh. He nodded his head quickly as if he understood what Brye just told him then shrugged, “So, I’ll just be careful next time."

“That’s just it Joel, there can’t be a next time. They say you can’t play football anymore.”

“That’s ridiculous.” Joel laughed dismissingly.

“No!. Joel it’s not…you can’t play ball again.” Brye insisted emphatically.

“So…I mean what?” He gestured, waving his hands in the air, asking the question his brother had already answered.

“I know this is hard for you Joel.” His brother said sympathetically

“Hard!...” Joel hissed, “Shit…” He ran his shaky hand through his hair trying to decipher what he was just told, though he heard his brother, it wasn’t registering. He lowered his head pinching the bridge of his nose. “Okay…okay, let me get this straight.” He inhaled. “The doctor said I have this disease. This fuckin disease.” He choked on the word.

“It’s not a disease Joel it’s a condition.” Brye corrected him.

“This condition.” He repeated sarcastically. “That makes me this little freak, that if someone bumps or…or knocks me down I’m going to die... What!?” Joel yelled grabbing his head.

“No, not like that…” Brye tried to console him. “Everyday life stuff is cool, it’s just…”

“Just no more football….right?” Joel interrupted him. “Do you know how long I’ve planned for this?” He asked rhetorically. “My whole life.” He answered his own question. “This can’t be happening to me…can it?” He questioned himself.

“I know…” Brye said faintly. His heart was breaking as he watched his brother try to process the information. In all of five minutes he just witnessed his brother go through four of the five stages of grief. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, but one he know Joel would have a hard time with was accepting.

“I mean I’m good…really good.” Joel stated as fact.

“I know.”

“No, I don’t think you do little brother. I have scouts contacting me already.”

“I know.”

Joel threw off his covers and got out of bed. He started pacing the floor with his hands on his hips. “Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Baltimore…my god.” Joel turned eyeing is brother. He placed his fingers to his temples shaking his head.

“I know.” Brye lowered his head and sighed.

“Damnit, Brye can’t you say something other than I fuckin know?” Joel said spitefully.

“What do you want me to say Joel?” Brye asked defensively.

“I don’t know…I don’t know… anything, like this is a sick joke maybe.” He replied with pleading in his eyes.

“I’m sorry Joel.” Brye stood up shoving his hands in the pocket of his jeans. He sighed, “I wish it was a joke, but it’s not.”

“So Ryan knew this too?” Joel asked as he stared in a daze out the window.

“Yes…”

“All along?”

“Yes.” Brye confessed sadly.

Joel glanced over his shoulder then back out the window. “Whose idea was it to keep this from me?”

Brye shook his head, “moms.”

“Mom?” Joel smirked.

“Well mom and dad.” He stepped closer to his brother, “Joel they were only doing what they thought was best, you know that?”

“Where’s Ryan?” Joel asked avoiding his brother’s question.

“He went to get something from his car.”

“Shouldn’t he be back by now?”

Um…yeah,” Brye answered. “I’ll go look for him.” He offered, giving Joel some time alone.

Brye turned slowly and headed for the door.

“Brye?” Joel called over his shoulder, still looking out the window at nothing in particular.

“Yeah?”

“Thanks, man.”

Brye smiled sadly, nodded slowly, and walked out closing the door behind him.

~*~*~*~

“Ryan?” Jace’s eyes widen with shock, his mouth agape. His heart was pounding sporadically in his chest. He eyed him carefully as he shoved his phone into his pocket.

Ryan glared at Jace then diverted his gaze to his pants pocket. “Who was that?”

“What?” Jace looked down at his pocket then quickly back to Ryan.

“You heard me, who was that?” He demanded forcefully. “Who in the HELL were you talking to? “ He asked trying to keep his rage in check remembering they were in a hospital.

“Ryan, calm down.” Jace said in an even tone forcing a smile while he took cautious steps toward Ryan to quiet him.

“I WILL NOT CALM DOWN….YOU BASTARD! JOEL ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF YOU!” Ryan shouted, pointing back in the direction of Joel’s room. His voice laced with anger and hatred. The thought of what Jace did infuriated him; there were no words to describe what he was feeling at that moment.

“No…no…Shhh…Ryan, shut up…SHUT UP!” Jace yelled frantically .He tried to grab Ryan by the collar but Ryan stepped back quickly, balling his hand into a fist and hit Jace right above his eye, knocking his off balance. Jace managed to grab Ryan by the collar and swing him into the wall with a loud THUD!. He lunged forward reaching out trying to grab Ryan again, but he was quicker than Jace, and raised his leg and kneed him in the groin, causing him to drop to him knees in pain.

Coughing uncontrollably Jace pleaded, “Ryan…you’ve got to understand I-“ Jace tried to explain when he received a gut wrenching blow to the stomach, knocking the wind out of him completely. All Ryan saw was shades of red, his anger erupting like a volcano deep within him. He was about to strike again when Jaxson grabbed him by his arm spinning him around.

LET GO OF ME!” Ryan shouted.

“What the hell is going on here!?” Emmett yelled as Colin, Tank and the girls ran around the corner. They were at the nurse’s station waiting for Ryan when they heard the commotion.

“Oh my god…” Shuree and Erica shirked covering their mouths

“Are you okay?” Olivia knelt down beside Jace.

“GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM, OLIVIA!” Ryan yelled in a fit of rage trying to catch his breath as he struggled to get free from Jaxson’s hold. “HE’S THE REASON JOEL IS IN HERE!” Ryan screamed desperately trying to break free.

“What?” Olivia asked in awe backing away from Jace.

“What are you talking about Ryan?” Tank asked glaring at Jace.

“Calm down, Ryan, they’ll call Security if you don’t stop yelling.” Colin warned. He was confused and trying to understand what happened between Jace and Ryan. Jace lay curled up on the floor in a ball with his arms wrapped tightly around his stomach gasping for air.

“He’s crazy…” Jace managed to choke out thought labored breaths.”

“What the fuck is he talking about JACE?” Tank asked again this time demanding an answer. Everyone focused his or her attention on Jace.

“Go head, tell them.” Ryan said angrily lowering his tone, as he adjusted his clothes after Jaxson released him. “Tell them what the fuck you did you SON OF A BITCH!”
“Yeah man, what the hell is he talking about, did you have anything to do with Joel’s accident?” Jaxson asked eyeing him suspiciously.

“No!...” Jace shook his vehemently.

“Liar!” Ryan yelled lounging for him. Jaxson quickly grabbed Ryan by the waist and lifted him off the ground.

“Ryan!” Colin eyed him sternly.

“I heard him, he was on the phone talking to someone, and…and, saying he didn’t want them to hurt Joel that bad, and something about not paying him for the job.”

“What?” Jaxson said releasing Ryan again.

“Is he telling the truth, did you pay someone to do this to Joel?” Tank asked. He bent down over Jace, and with one hand grabbed him by the throat lifting him off the ground and slammed him against the wall, knocking what little air out of him he had left, holding him there.

“He better be wrong. He warned Jace.

Emmett placed his hand on Tank’s shoulder, “Tank, let him go.” Tank didn’t acknowledge Emmett’s presence as he gripped Jace tighter, causing him to gasp for air.

“You’re killing him!” Olivia gasped covering her mouth with her hand.

“Tank, let him go, she’s right you’re going to kill him.” Emmett agreed trying to reason with his friend.

“He should die.” Ryan said faintly.

“Huh?” Jaxson, question with surprised.

“I said he should die.” Ryan repeated his harsh words. “It’s because of him, Joel will never play football again.”

“What!?” Everyone hearing Ryan’s news expressed an echo of concern and confusion. Jace’s attempts to release himself from Tank’s grip were futile as he felt his body slammed harder against the wall and the grip tightening.

“Yeah….” Ryan nodded with tears in his eyes. “The hit Jace put out on Joel.” Ryan laughed humorously at the play on words in the literal sense. “Was the last hit he will ever take, thanks to him.”

“What are you talking about?” Emmett asked bewildered.

“He’s right, Joel can never play football again.” Olivia confirmed placing a reassuring hand on Ryan’s shoulder.

“Damn…” Jaxson said lowering his head in disbelief.

“That’s fucked up man.” Emmett glared at Jace shaking his head with disgust.

“You did that?” Colin asked in disbelief. “Are you fuckin kidding me?”

“You guys don’t understand, I didn’t mean for this to happen.” Jace struggled to speak thorough the chokehold Tank had around his neck.

“You’re right it is FUCKED UP!” Tank screamed in Jace’s face and without warning slammed his fist in his face it with all his might. The girls shirked in terror covering their eyes and mouth with their hands. Blood splatter from Jace’s nose and mouth as his body slid lifelessly down to the floor.

“Ryan, get the girls out of here!” Colin yelled over his shoulder. He, Emmett and Jaxson tried to pull Tank off Jace as he beat him senselessly. “Go find Brye!” Ryan nodded quickly ushering the girls around the corner.

YOU BITCH!” Tank yelled as he kicked Jace in the ribs.

“OWWW!” Jace double over rolling around on the ground.

“Melvin!” Jaxson yelled pulling Tank back, “That’s enough.” He said trying to catch his breath. It took both Emmett and Colin to restrain him.

Jace laid on the floor a bloody mess coughing up blood, as he struggled to breathe.

“Get his phone.” Emmett instructed Jaxson, “We’re going to need it.” Jaxson pulled it out of his pocket and held it in the air.

“Got it…”

Ryan and the girls ran into Brye coming down the hall. He immediately noticed the look on distress on the faces.

“What’s wrong?” He asked Ryan as he pulled Olivia into his embrace.

“Jace…Jace did it…” Ryan said running his bruised hand through his hair.

“Jace did what?”

Ryan tired to form a coherent sentence. “He paid someone to hurt Joel.”

“What!?”

“Yeah, it’s true.” Olivia confirmed. “He set Joel up.”

“I can’t believe it.” Shuree said shaking her head. “That piece of shit.”

“Are you sure…Where is he?” Brye asked Ryan.

“He’s around the corner, with the guys.”

“Is Tank with them?” Brye asked as he glanced down the hall with a look of concern on his face.

“Yes…”

“Fuck!” He sighed, then turned his attention to his girlfriend, “Olivia, I need you to go home, all of you.” He nodded to Shuree and Erica.

“Okay…” Olivia agreed before kissed Brye on the cheek, “Please be careful.” She insisted, smiling sadly.

“I will.” He assured her.

Brye pushed the down button on the elevator, shaking his head in awe. ‘This could not be happening.’ He thought to himself.

“Oh, Ryan, Joel is looking for you.”

“Okay…” Ryan nodded heading back to his room.

“Ryan…”

“Yeah…” He looked back over his shoulder.

He knows.” Brye warned him.

Ryan sighed, “Okaay…”

Brye waved to the girls as the elevator doors closed and hurriedly headed down the hall fearing for Jace’s life. Jaxson and Joel were roommates, and they all were close, but out of four of them Tank and Joel were the closest. When he turned the corner, he was shocked to see the guys dragging Jace to the exit door that lead to the stairwell.

“What’s going on…Where are you taking him?

“Anywhere but here.” Colin replied.

“Is he…is he dead?” Brye asked swallowing hard.

“Hell no, he just got his ass kicked by Tank.” Jaxson laughed holding the door open allowing them to pass by.

“What if he tells?” Brye asked with concern.

“Tell what?” Emmett asked looking over his shoulder as he tried to help hold Jace up. “Tell that Ryan and Tank kicked his ass for hiring someone to hurt Joel during the game. Take a hit…a hit that landed Joel in the hospital… the hit that almost killed him.. The hit that ended his football career forever, you mean tell someone that?”

“Plus we have this.” Jaxson said holding up Jace’s phone. “Insurance, Ryan heard him on the phone talking to the fucker who did his dirty work.”


“Ryan?” Brye asked with surprise.

“Hell yeah, Ryan put that new beauty mark on Jace’s face.” Tank pointed to the cut over Jace’s eye.

“Nawh, I don’t think we have anything to worry about, do we?” Emmett asked Jace with an insulting slap on the face. Jace shook his head no, before they dragged him down the stairs.

“Guys we need to get out of here.” Colin said hurrying them along. “Go home, Brye we’ll call you tomorrow.” He said as the door closed behind him.

Brye stood there combing his fingers nervously through his hair. He was going to check on Joel and Ryan, but decided against it, feeling they were going to need this time alone. Everything was moving so fast, Joel needed Ryan, they needed each other, and he needed Olivia.

~*~*~

Ryan stood outside the door of Joel’s room, not sure what awaited him on the other side, but not matter what condition Joel was in, he would deal with it. He took a deep breath trying to relax the nervousness that had his stomach tied up in knots. The adrenaline was still coursing through his veins.

He combed his fingers through his hair and adjusted his clothing before placing his hand on the doorknob, turning it slowly.

The room was quiet and still. There was an unsettling calm about it. Joel had his back to Ryan still standing in front of the window with his arms crossed in front of him. His silhouette was perfect in every dimension. His broad shoulders were well defined and the gray tee shirt he wore lay perfectly, covering the muscles in his back.

The curly locks of hair now slightly longer than it was two weeks ago caressed his neck gently. He looked perfectly normal; no one could tell there was a war going on inside his brain, one that would live there forever, preventing him from living out his dream.

“Hey.” Ryan spoke quietly as he entered the room.

“Where have you been?” Joel asked still not facing Ryan.

“Joel, we need to talk.” He said hesitantly, avoiding Joel’s question intentionally stepping closer to him.

“Really?”

“Yeah…” He placed his hand on Joel’s shoulder. “We need to sit down.”

“No actually I’m fine, Ryan.”

“Well can you at least look at me?” He asked closing the space between them, as he wrapped his arms around Joel’s waist. He felt Joel’s body tense up at his touch, but he didn’t pull away. Ryan sighed thankfully for that, resting his head against his strong back somehow finding comfort there.

Joel pulled Ryan’s arms from his waist and turned around to face him. “Happy?” He asked curtly with a raised brow.

Ryan tilted his head slighty gazing into those blue eyes he had come to love and smiled sadly. Joel sidestepped Ryan brushing past him.

“Who knew?” Joel demanded with his hands on his hip as he stood in the middle of the room shooting Ryan a death stare.

“Everybody…” Ryan said faintly looking down to the floor. They say you learn something new every day and Ryan’s lesson for today was that Joel had a temper, and it reared its ugly head when he felt he had been deceived.

“Everybody…” Joel repeated biting his lower lip almost drawing blood to keep from yelling. “Everybody... Everybody like who, Ryan!?” Joel yelled kicking the chair across the room. Ryan cringed drawing his shoulders to his ears as the chair hit the wall with a BANG!

“Your mom, your dad…everybody.” Ryan confessed dropping down to his knees burying his face in his hands. He knew this moment would come, he just wasn’t expecting it tonight; not after everything that happened earlier, he thought he would have time to prepare himself mentally.

“My mom, my dad… and you, Ryan…” Joel winced trying to block out the pain that was slowing attacking his brain. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He gritted his teeth angrily trying to control his temper.

Ryan lifted his head looking into Joel’s blue eyes that appeared darker than usual, “It wasn’t my place…your mom-“

“Your place?” Joel interrupted, shaking his head, “What are we doing here Ryan…what is this?” He stared at him in a state of bewilderment.

“I trusted you, Ryan…” He inhaled deeply, gripping his fist tightly digging his nails into the palm of his hand. “You said you loved me…”

“I do…” Ryan answered adamantly.

“Then why didn’t you tell me the truth, Ryan?” Joel tilted his head slightly waiting for an answer. “You of all people.” Joel turned facing the wall burying his face in the crevice of his arm while banging his fist against it desperately.

“Okay…OKAY!” He said raising his voice, demanding Joel’s attention as the tears that brimmed his eyes started to fall. “You want to know the truth; I’ll tell you the truth! I don’t want you to play football Ever again. I don’t want to watch you die…Okay?” Ryan cried, his voice was an octave higher. “I don’t want to sound mean…insensitive or callous Joel, but I don’t give a damn about your football career. What I care about is you….you Joel.” He said with pleading in his voice. “Please….” He cried. “I thought I lost you forever. I watched you fall. Watched your body hit the ground, and you didn’t move…you didn’t fuckin move, Joel!” Ryan grabbed his hair tightly as if he was going to pull it out of its follicles.

He heaved a heavy sigh trying to catch his breath. “I…I couldn’t get to you, I had to ride in the car with your brother to the hospital and that was the longest ride of my life.” He added. “With no word on whether you were alive or dead.” His voice cracked as the tears spilled down his cheek and over the hands that covered his face.

Joel watched Ryan completely break down in front of him and it broke his heart. Ryan was hurting badly and it was because of him. He wanted it to go away, all of it. He wished he could re-live that day… that play, if only he had seen it coming. The tears that filled Joel’s eyes started to fall down his face as he cautiously walked over to Ryan. His breath; shaky. He bit his lower lip nervously uncertain of how Ryan would receive him. It wasn’t about him anymore, he understood what Ryan and his parents went through.

Joel lowered his body down to the floor kneeling in front of the blond who was on his own personal roller coaster ride.

Ryan sat up straight trying to gain his composure as he felt Joel place his hand gently no his cheek. “So if you’re mad at me so be it.” Ryan blurted out defensively. “I only want what’s best for you.” His body trembled at Joel’s touch.

His eyes were red and blotchy from the tears that stained his cheeks. He ran is tongue over his lower lip slowly closing his eyes, allowing Joel’s hand to cradle his face tenderly. His touch was kind and soothing.

“I’m sorry Ryan.” Joel said faintly as he sat on the floor. He pulled Ryan into his arms and held him tightly, their bodies rocking together slowly, consoling each other as they cried in each other’s embrace.

After a few moments, Joel pulled back, gazing lovingly into Ryan’s sad eyes, cradling his face in the palm of his hands. Ryan’s stare was trusting and scared at the same time. He swallows the lump that had formed in this throat as he watched Joel move closer at a painfully slow pace as if he was unsure of his actions.

Ryan tilted his face upward as he felt Joel’s warm breath on his mouth. His breath hitched on contact. Joel pressed his soft lips deeply on Ryan’s swollen red ones, their kiss gentle and forgiving.

“I love you…” Joel whispered softly into Ryan’s mouth as he parted his lips allowing Joel’s tongue to enter. A soft moan escaped Ryan mouth as Joel forces his tongue deeper in side, sealing their lips together. Joel let out a deep-throated growl as he kissed Ryan hungrily…passionately, raking his hands over his body staking his claim.

Ryan ran his hand under Joel’s shirt, stroking his back, loving the feel of his skin against the pads of his fingers. Their kiss was desperate, as if they were trying to devour each, it was laced with tears, but it never tasted so sweet.

Ryan pulled back breaking the kiss struggling to catch his breath as rested his forehead against Joel’s.

“I love you, Joel. I don’t want to lose you ever.”

“You won’t. I promise.” Joel nodded reassuringly.

“I’m Sorr-“

“Shhh…” Joel placed his finger to Ryan’s mouth. “I understand. I get it, Ryan, its okay. But you have to promise me something.” He eyed him with one brow raised.

“Anything…”

“Remember it’s you and me, no matter what.” He stressed. “I know my parents mean well, they do…but I’m in a relationship with you, not them. You know me…well you’re getting to know me.” He corrected himself. “Please never keep anything from me again, and I promise to show you the same courtesy okay?”

“Okay…”

Joel peppered Ryan’s face with kisses, “God I want to make love to you so badly, is there any way we can lock that door.” He glanced over his shoulder.

“I want you too, but… Joel there’s something else you should know.”

“What…” He asked as he caressed Ryan’s cheek.

Ryan pressed his lips together tightly and took a deep breath. “The guy that tackled you,” He paused shortly trying to get his thoughts together. “He did it after you threw the ball.”

“Okaay.” Joel replied with a look of confusion attacking his features.

“Well, he was paid…um… not paid, but hired to hit you.”

“Huh…” Joel dropped his hand from Ryan’s face mystified. “What do you mean paid?”

“Jace…Jace hired someone to tackle you Joel.”

“I don’t believe you, there has to be a mistake, Jace has…has done some pretty fucked up things, but he would never hurt me Ryan. I don’t believe you.” He said hoisting himself from the floor.

Ryan stood up too walking slowly behind Joel. “He wasn’t trying to hurt you, well not really, I mean he wasn’t trying to end your career.”

“Then what was he trying to do, I don’t get it.”

“He’s sick, and in his twisted mind he was trying to break us up and make you need him.”

“That’s absurd.” Joel said dismissively. “Wait, how do you know this?” He asked skeptically.

“I heard him tonight on the phone talking to the person. It was after he left here. I overheard him.” Ryan took a cautious step toward Joel who stood there speechless.

“Does he know…does he know you heard him?”

“Yes…I confronted him. Joel it got ugly.”

“Ugly…”

“Yeah…I was so angry, I wanted to kill him. I wanted him dead for what he did to you, and I would have killed him if it wasn’t for Jaxson and the rest of the guys.” Ryan admitted lowering his head shamefully.

Joel paced the floor shaking his head, “I don’t know how to handle this…How am I supposed to deal with this Ryan? How am I suppose to feel, tell me because I honestly don’t know.” His breath hitched as he tried to fight back the tears.

“I’m so sorry baby.” Ryan said wrapping his arms tightly around Joel, pulling him into his loving embrace.

“I could have learned to live with this being an accident, but he took everything away from me...Everything.” Joel gave into to his feelings and allowed his tears to fall. He broke down in his boyfriends arms sobbing quietly.

“Shhh….It’s okay, Joel let it out.” Ryan said consolingly as he stroked Joel’s head allowing his own tears to wet the side of Joel’s face as they fell.

“He didn’t take away everything,” Ryan whispered. “I’m still here and I swear I’m never leaving. I know you had your dreams, but we can start new ones, you and I together… we can make our own.”

Joel relished in Ryan’s embrace, he closed his eyes breathing a heavy sigh. He knew he had a lot to deal with. Life as he knew it just changed for him and it scared him to death. Right now, he needed comfort, the kind of comfort that only Ryan could provide. Ryan provided a place to escape, a place to hide from the torrent rains, at least for tonight.

“Let me make love to you.” He whispered softly in Ryan’s ear. “I need you.”

~*~*~

The car was quiet, except for DJ Khaled’s, ‘All I Do Is Win’ featuring Ludarics blasting through the speakers. Tank was driving, with one hand on the steering wheel bobbing his head to the music, with Emmett sitting up front with him. Colin and Jaxson sat in the back with Jace between them. Colin had his finger to one ear drowning out the music and his cell phone to the other talking to someone on the phone.

“What are you going to do to me?” He asked his voice laced with dreaded fear.

“Awww…I think we are going to let you decide.” Jaxson replied, patting him on the shoulder.

TBC....
Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh god, cliffhanger...i want moar....poor joel :(

As what rihanna always sings in her S&M song: " I like it like it !"

Link to comment
On 08/09/2011 07:48 PM, Leicht said:
Oh god, cliffhanger...i want moar....poor joel :(

As what rihanna always sings in her S&M song: " I like it like it !"

I know poor Joel. Just want to hug him.Awww... glad you are enjoying the story. the last three chapters will be posted this afternoon.
Link to comment

I hope you continue this story and not leave us hanging! Can't wait to see what Jaxson has in store for Jace. Also I want to see what happens with Brye & Olivia. Hope you plan on sending in more stories, as I have totally enjoyed this one and the other one you submitted. Please Please tell us there is more to this even tho it says complete!

Link to comment
On 08/10/2011 03:27 AM, saintsfan820 said:
I hope you continue this story and not leave us hanging! Can't wait to see what Jaxson has in store for Jace. Also I want to see what happens with Brye & Olivia. Hope you plan on sending in more stories, as I have totally enjoyed this one and the other one you submitted. Please Please tell us there is more to this even tho it says complete!
DId you get a chance to read chapter 7. I know it still has part of 6 in there but at least you can see what happens with Joel and Ryan :) Of course I plan to finish it, the story is complete it's just the beta still has 15,16 and 17. I'm actually pretty upset about 7 to me thats the best chapter..heheheh but hopelly I'll get it corrected by tomorrow.
Link to comment

I hate violence !! Yes what Jace did was awful - but I do not like that the guys have "kidnapped" Jace and is taking him somewhere.. No way this could happen in a hospital, what about security guards they must have heard the fight !!! :(

Guess I must read chapter 15 now to find out more (with tears in my eyes)

Link to comment
On 09/14/2012 07:21 AM, Slytherin said:
I hate violence !! Yes what Jace did was awful - but I do not like that the guys have "kidnapped" Jace and is taking him somewhere.. No way this could happen in a hospital, what about security guards they must have heard the fight !!! :(

Guess I must read chapter 15 now to find out more (with tears in my eyes)

Awww...I'm sorry but yes, you need to keep reading... I actually work at a hospital so yea there are corridors that are on cameras but security is not always watching at the time... I think you will like what you read in the next few chapters. I've been reading too. I love doing that, follow the reader...lol *hugs*

 

Danke,

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

I am not sad Jace got the shit beat out of him, but why not get his ass arrested and pay for his crimes? Get the cops to arrest the Indiana thug too. Nicely done again.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
On 03/24/2013 04:29 PM, johnnyjon1 said:
I am not sad Jace got the shit beat out of him, but why not get his ass arrested and pay for his crimes? Get the cops to arrest the Indiana thug too. Nicely done again.

 

Thanks

Our boys are angry, but they are smart, getting the cops involved would be the smart thing to do, check out chapter 15 Jace indeed gets what he deserves... ;)

 

Glad to see you're still reading. thanks for the review :D

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

One thing that perplexes me about this story, it's all well and good that yet another overbearing mother has decided for her adult son what he can or cannot handle (which was ridiculous) but wouldn't Joel's attending physician discuss his condition with him if he had any questions? He's legally an adult, it wouldn't really matter that psycho mom can't cut the damn umbilical cord already. Strains credibility quite a bit that a doctor would keep an adult patient's condition a secret at the behest of his whacky mother.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..