Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 5,440 Words
  • 5,136 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

School Daze - 3. Chapter 3

Ryan becomes more than a passing thought...

To say the first week of school went over without a hitch would be an overstatement. Brye thought he had it all figured out and on the first day of classes he came to the sad realization that he didn’t, even after he and Ryan scouted the place out. He was late to most of his classes due to taking a wrong turn and ending up in the wrong building or on the other side of the campus.

He prided himself for being on time to his calculus class only to find out that it didn’t start for another hour, he sighed and slumped down in his chair, running his fingers through his hair with frustration, thinking what else could possibly go wrong, the only thing he had to look forward to was the weekend. Jaxson had set him up with his first date or conquest hopefully he would score and beat the winter break deadline.

Ryan was not fairing much better; schedule changes that conflicted with other required courses aggravated him greatly, but what infuriated him the most was receiving the required reading list for his literature class that consisted of 14 books that he was to read and give a full book report on by the end of the semester.

The bright side to Ryan’s week, the only one so far, was the fact that he made the swim team. From a young age, Ryan had a natural love for the water. His father taught him how to swim at the tender age of two.

~*~*~

It seemed everyone was busy. Ryan and Brye only saw each other as much as they did because they were roommates. Joel often crossed Ryan’s mind. He wondered how he was doing with his first week. It seemed the only time he saw him was in passing or in the locker room or if he caught a glimpse of him on the field with the rest of his teammates during practice.

His swim team usually met around the same time as the football team but all they seemed to have time for was a quick hello. He wondered if he and Joel would ever have time together, not just because of the pact he and Brye made, but because he really liked Joel. What was not to like? He was well liked around campus, and he was cool not to mention he had the looks and the brains to go with it... Ryan started to wonder if maybe this “getting laid” thing was a good idea. After all, he wanted his first time to be special.

~*~*~

By the time, Friday rolled around Joel was all set and rearing to go, he had no complaints about any of his classes, he knew he would ace them as he always did, and he was pumped and ready for the big game on Monday. His coach wanted him to stop by his office and pick up some additional plays to review over the weekend before the big game against their rival team.

He sat patiently waiting in the coach’s office for him to arrive while reading some random sports magazine when he heard the sound of someone in the pool. He placed the magazine on the table and walked over to the window that over looked the pool area. He smiled as he noticed the person in the pool was none other than Ryan. He figured Ryan was trying to get in some extra practice; because the swim team was not scheduled any more this week.

Joel stood quietly as he watched the young blond move swiftly through the water. Unaware he had audience; Ryan pushed himself out of the pool giving himself a once over, slowing running his hand up and down his leg, then over his arms examining them carefully causing Joel wonder if he was feeling for something in particular. He combed his fingers through his wet hair removing the stray strains from his eyes and walked back to the edge of the pool leaving a wet trail of foot prints along the way. He tugged gently on his swim trunks, positioned himself closer to the edge, rolling his shoulders slowly before diving in.

Joel walked out into the hallway to get a closer view. He noticed the strength in Ryan’s arms, the cupped position of his hands, his form; perfect as he mastered the breast stroke. The strong muscles in his back and legs revealed that Ryan was indeed a seasoned swimmer.

Leaning against the wall, Joel crossed his arms over his chest and one leg over the other, smiling as he enjoyed the private show. He chuckled softly thinking back to the day he ran into Ryan at the cantina and how innocent and shy he appeared, but not today…today Ryan was confident, totally in control, fearless even, which was a turn on to Joel, he loved a man that was self assured. He shook his head dismissively reminding himself that Ryan was his younger bother’s friend and getting involved with him could get messy, and as far as he knew Ryan was straight anyway.

“Hey what’s up?” Jaxson asked quietly peering over Joel’s shoulder, who in turn gave a quick nod toward the pool not taking his eyes off Ryan. “Wow is that Ryan?” Jaxson questioned, impressed.

“Yeah,” Joel smiled proudly, unsure why.

“Wow… he’s good.” Jaxson complemented.

“Yeah,” Joel agreed nodding slowly. Ryan did a couple more laps before exiting the pool and noticed Joel and Jaxson standing there watching him, he gave a slow wave and a warm smile as he reached for his towel. Joel could not take his eyes of him.

“Hey,” Jaxson bumped his shoulder into Joel’s, “I’m heading out…you coming?”

“Nah, I’ve got to pick up some plays for Monday’s game from Coach Jackson, I’ll catch up with you later.”

“Okay…cool.” Jaxson turned to leave, then stopped. “Hey by the way, you know anyone you could hook Ryan up with?”

“Huh?” Joel turned to face his friend, “Why would I know someone, wouldn’t that be your department Mr. “Match Maker?” Joel laughed using air quotes.

“Not this time bro, Ryan-y here plays for your team.” Jaxson laughed jokingly.

“Really?” Joel asked raising an eyebrow, intrigued. Jaxson looked at him and smirked slyly. “How do you know?”

“How do you not know?” Jaxson laughed. “You’re losing your touch Masterson.”

“Shut the hell up.” Joel said turning his attention back at Ryan.

"Hey, man, you gonna try to hit that?" He joked, nudging Joel’s shoulder.

"Good-bye, Jaxson." Joel deadpanned and Jaxson laughed loudly, turning to leave.

Joel watched as Ryan ran the towel through his hair, they shared a smile and an intimate glance before Joel heard the brawly deep voice of Coach Jackson coming down the hall.

~*~*~

Joel was coming out of the building after his meeting with the Coach when he heard someone call his name.

“Hey Joel, wait up.” Ryan called, briskly walking up behind him.

“Oh hey, Ryan.” Joel smiled, “How’s it going?” He asked as he adjusted the strap of his backpack over his shoulder.

“It’s going…” Ryan sighed shaking his head, “It’s been a pretty hectic week…Nobody told me there’d be days like these.” Ryan laughed running his fingers through his still damp hair.

“Strange days indeed.” Joel chuckled reciting the rest of the verse to John Lennon’s song, ‘Nobody Told Me.’”

“You know that song?” Ryan smiled shyly, “I thought I was the only John Lennon fan in my generation.” He laughed.

“Hell, are you kidding me….” Joel waved his hand dismissively through the air. “Shit, you haven’t met my parents, that’s all we grew up on…The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors…The Who…Sly and The Family Stones... my parents were-”

“Hippies…flower children of the sixties.” Ryan added.

“Yeah…yeah, though I consider them more ‘Counterculture.’ ”

“I get it….” Ryan nodded.

“What about yours?” Joel asked leaning against the railing of the steps making himself comfortable resting his back on the concrete siding.

“Me… mine are not as exciting as your parents,” Ryan laughed. “But they do okay. They are more conservative.” Ryan answered pressing his lips together. Joel smiled as he listened, this was the first time he and Ryan held a conversation alone and it was nice, Ryan had a hearty contagious laugh and a smile that could light the world or at least Joel’s anyway.

“So how did you develop your excellent taste in music?” Joel crossed one leg over the other, crossing his arms over his chest leaning his body forward coming into Ryan’s personal space; he tilted his head slightly biting on his lower lip waiting for answer.

“I don’t know actually,” Ryan, thought scratching the back of his head, “I watched some clips of American Band Stand on YouTube.” He laughed. “And believe it or not I ordered the complete box set of Time Life Music Classics.” He bobbed his head, as he shoved his hand in the pocket of his jeans.

“Really…no shit.” Joel said with fascination. He leaned back laughing into his hand. “Now that’s cool, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has ever ordered from there…wow.” Joel grinned.

“Thanks, now I feel like such a dork.” Ryan shook his head with embarrassment.

“But a cute dork.” Joel said without thinking, causing a huge smile to form on Ryan's face, now he was the one who felt like a dork. “Um... What I meant was-”

“Hey, Joel!” A voice called off in the distance. Ryan and Joel looked toward a handsome guy strolling across the yard.

“There you are.” The young man said as he approached them,

“Oh, hey Jace.” Joel said. Jace was just a little shorter than Joel was.

He was slender, yet very toned with light brown hair that he wore short on the sides and in the back, mused and a little longer in the front, his eyes were an amazing hazel color with flecks of green.

“Joel,” He sighed standing toe to toe with the brunette. “You stood me up again. What’s up with that?” He questioned, then glared at Ryan. “And who’s he?”

“Jace, I told you I might stop by.” Joel said defensively. “And this is Ryan, my brother’s friend and roommate. Ryan, Jace…Jace, Ryan.” He nodded to each of the guys.

“Hi.” Ryan said

“Um…So, Joel, you’re into babysitting now?” Jace asked ignoring Ryan’s greeting.

Okayyy.” Ryan chuckled under his breath. Joel just rolled his eyes and sighed.

“I don’t think Ryan’s needs a babysitter, Jace.” He said looking apologetically at Ryan. “Don’t be mean.” Joel chastised him.

“Hello… Ryan… is it?” Jace sighed begrudgingly. “Happy now?” Jace said crossing his arms over his chest.

“Not really, but if that’s the best you can do, then oh well.” Joel said shaking his head.

“No worries, I’ve got to be going anyway.” Ryan shrugged his left shoulder. “Um… Joel, I’ll see you around.” He said in more of a statement than a question, shyly biting the inside of cheek. Jace eyed Joel waiting to hear his response.

“Yeah, of course, Ryan.” Joel smiled. “Oh and Ryan I’m sorry you had a rough first week, it gets better I promise.”

“Really?” Ryan asked skeptically, as Jace grimaced trying to hide his jealously while watching Ryan and Joel.

“Really…” Joel repeated reassuringly.

“Joel, come on we’ve got to get going, you’ve kept me waiting long enough.” He smirked at Ryan, as he pulled Joel by the arm.

“Okay… okay.” Joel sighed as he was being dragged away, “And Ryan… really, I’llguarantee it.” He said in low sexy tone, causing a smile to form on Ryan’s lips, Jace just sighed with frustration.

“I’ll see you around.” Joel said. Ryan waved goodbye and watched as Joel and Jace walked away, getting further and further from him with every step.

~*~*~*~

Ryan folded his hands behind his head and leaned back against the headboard of his bed as he watched Brye standing in front of the mirror, combing his fingers through his hair. That morning, Jaxson announced that he had found a girl that would be nice for Brye. Ryan was a little skeptical and didn’t trust Jaxson at all. Brye, on the other hand, was ecstatic. He couldn’t believe his luck.

“What do you think?” Brye asked as he turned away from the mirror to face Ryan. He stood there awkwardly as Ryan inspected his outfit. Brye was wearing a black, button-down dress shirt, with a couple of buttons unbuttoned at the top, and a pair of dark denim jeans and black shoes.

“I think… you haven’t thought this through.” Ryan admitted. “Are you sure about this?”

Brye looked insulted and scoffed. “Of course I’m sure about this.” He stated defensively. “Besides,” He said, turning to face the mirror again. “I think I look pretty damn good.” He gave himself the wink and the gun. “Oh yeah, if I were a girl, I would totally date me.”

“Are you sure you’re not gay?” Ryan asked, raising an eyebrow teasingly. Brye turned to glare at him and Ryan held up his hands in defense. “Hey, I’m just saying…”

“Yeah well, who asked you?” Brye asked.

“Uh… you,” Ryan deadpanned. Brye huffed and continued to inspect himself in the mirror.

“So, who is this girl?” Ryan asked.

“She’s a friend of Jaxson’s I think,” Brye answered. “Her name’s Candi.” He bounced his eyebrows suggestively. Ryan eyed him skeptically.

“Candi?” Ryan scrunched his nose. “What did Jaxson tell you about her?”

“That she stands about 5’6,” blonde, and curvaceous,” Brye said with satisfaction. Ryan raised an eyebrow, expecting him to continue. “What?” Brye asked.

“And what else?” Ryan questioned.

“That’s about it,”

“You only asked about her looks?”

“Well, hell, if I’m going to bed someone, I would at least like them to be decent to look at.” Brye stated as if it were obvious.

“What about personality?” Ryan asked. Byre raised a confused eyebrow. “You know, what’s on the inside.” Ryan explained and Brye rolled his eyes.

“I know what you mean, bro, I’m just wondering why it matters if the goal is to get laid.” He said. Ryan rolled his eyes.

Brye just waved him away and looked at his watch.

6:30 pm.

“Oh, shit, I’m going to be late,” He panicked. Ryan quickly sat up, resting on his hands.

“So, where are you going?” He asked.

“Jaxson told me that I was to meet her at a nearby restaurant called Baytown Seafood.”

“Oh,” Ryan thought for a moment and then smiled. “Well, have fun.”

“Wish me luck,” Brye said and opened the dorm door.

“Good luck,” Ryan called just before the door closed behind Brye

~*~*~

“Hey,” Jace said with disappointment as he came out of the restroom still undressed to see Joel pulling up his jeans. “Where you going?”

“I got stuff to do.” Joel answered while zipping up his jeans.

“What stuff? I thought we could order a pizza and drink a few beers and watch a game.” Jace suggested as he sat down on the bed next to Joel who was tying his shoes.

“Not tonight, I’m meeting the boys.” Joel said as he looked around for his wallet.

“The boys.” Jace sighed. “It’s always the boys.”

“Listen Jace, you knew the deal coming into this.” Joel reminded him.

“Yeah, I know, but one day Joel I’m gonna say no.”

“Then say no…it’s cool, but remember… you came looking for me today, and I came back with you because I wanted to.” Joel said, with inflection of tone.

“No, you came because you wanted to fuck.” Jace retorted.

“I admit it, I did, plus I love that thing you do, you know… that thing the way you grab hold… Um…you know.” Joel teased, winking with a sexy grin as he pulled his shirt down over his head.

“You don’t care about me at all… do you?” Jace asked with conviction.

“I do care, Jace, but we both agreed it was not that deep.” Joel reminded him as he sat back down on the bed.

“I know,” Jace said sounded defeated, “I just thought….” His voice trailed off leaving the statement hanging. Joel placed his hand on Jace’s thigh and caressed it gently. He tilted his head slightly trying to make eye contact.

“You thought what?” He asked with concern. He knew what Jace wanted, he just couldn’t commit, not now, not to Jace anyway. “You thought what?” He repeated softly.

Jace took in a huge breath of air and blew it out slowly before speaking. “I don’t know what I thought Joel…I guess I want more than to be your fuck-buddy.”

“I understand, believe me I do…That’s just too deep for me right now. I mean we’re young, we have plenty of time for that when we’re older.” He shrugged his shoulder squeezing Jace’s thigh.

“Not to mention all the other guys you want to fuck.” Jace fired back.

“I don’t have time for this Jace, you knew you weren’t the only one-“Before he could finish his statement his phone vibrated indicating he had a text message. He pulled the phone out of his pocket and laughed as he read the message as he started to text a reply. Jace tried to look over his shoulder to see whom it was from.

“Who is it?” He asked softening the sound of his tone.

“It’s Emmett,” Joel explained. “I gotta go, we’ll finish this later.”

“Later like this weekend.” Jace asked hopefully.

“No, not this weekend, I’ve got to get ready for the game on Monday.”

“So let me get this straight, the only night you have free, you want to spend it with the guys…great.” Jace rolled his eyes toward the ceiling.

Joel sighed shaking his head.

“Why don’t you just leave some money on the nightstand, since that’s what you treat me like...” Jace suggested bitterly.

“Don’t be silly,” Joel, advised. “All I have is a debit card.” He teased trying to ease the tension. He cupped Jace’s face in the palm of his hands, looking thoughtfully into his eyes before gently kissing him. Jace closed his eyes enjoying the taste of Joel’s mouth against his own, allowing his tongue access into his. The kiss was anything but sweet, it was more desperate…Jace let out a soft moan when Joel pulled away, leaving him pleading for more. He ran his tongue over his lips still feeling Joel’s pressed against them. His eyes slowly fluttered open when he heard the sound of Joel’s voice.

“I’ll call you later.” He promised kissing the top of Jace’s head before grabbing his jacket. Joel glanced back over his shoulder one last time before letting himself out.

~*~*~

Brye arrived at the restaurant, which was only a few blocks away, and walked inside. He stood awkwardly for a moment, looking around. The place was decorated in blues and greens with a few tables and booths. Fishnets hung from the walls near the ceiling and were decorated with seashells and starfish. Typical seafood eatery. Brye spotted a woman sitting alone at a booth and he smiled. She kept her head down as she inspected her nails, causing her blonde hair to fall in a curtain down the sides of her face. Brye took a deep breath, and began taking long strides over to where she sat comfortably.

“Hello,” He greeted unsurely. The woman looked up at him with bright eyes and a white smile.

“Hi,” She said simply. “May I help you?”

“Uh, maybe,” Brye said smoothly, sticking his hands into the pockets of his jeans. “Is your name Candi?”

“Oh my gosh, how did you know?!” Candi shrieked. Brye jumped a little, taken aback by her sudden outburst. He stood there, wide-eyed for a second before taking a deep breath and running a nervous hand through his hair.

“Well, my name is Brye, I was told by Jaxson to meet you here. Uh, you know Jaxson, right?” He asked. Candi’s eyes widened with recognition and she smiled widely.

“Oh! You’re Brye,” She clarified and Brye nodded. “Well, it’s nice to meet you,” She greeted and stuck out her hand. “I’m Candi,”

Byre was puzzled as he shook her hand hesitantly. “Yes, I know…”

Candi brushed her hair over her shoulder and gestured to the seat in front of her. “Well, why don’t you have a seat?”

“Alright,” Brye said and easily slid into the booth. They sat there quietly for a moment, just staring at each other. Well, Brye was watching as Candi inspected her manicure with great interest. Not wanting to sit in silence, Brye cleared his throat to get her attention. She looked up at him questioningly.

“Yes?”

“Uh, so, how long have you known Jaxson?” Brye asked trying to make conversation. Candi smiled and rested her elbows on the table and her chin in her folded hands.

“We met one night at a party… tons of fun!” She gushed. “That was maybe…” She paused to think. “Six months ago…”

“You’ve only known Jaxson for six months?” Brye asked with shock. Candi just shrugged as the server approached their table.

“Hello, my name’s Ally, I’ll be your server for this evening,” Ally introduced as she laid napkins, menus and silverware on the table. “Can I start you guys off with something to drink?”

“Um, ladies first,” Brye gestured to Candi.

“For you, miss?” Ally asked taking out her notepad and a pen. They watched as Candi inspected the menu carefully.

“Let’s see….” She thought aloud. “Ooh! The Limey sounds interesting. What’s in it?”

“Well, it’s a blend of lemon and lime juices with egg white, vodka and ice cubes,” Ally explained.

“Oh, well I’d like that, then, please,” Candi requested. Ally nodded.

“Ok, I’d just like to see your ID,” She said and Candi pulled her wallet out of her purse, showing her ID. Ally inspected it carefully and then gave it back.

“Alright, and what can I get you, sir?” She asked turning to Brye, who was unresponsive. This whole time he was just staring at Candi with surprise, his mouth agape, and his eyes wide. “Uh, sir?” Ally questioned uncertainly, trying to get his attention.

Brye shook his head, blinking quickly and then looking at Ally. “Uh… Coke, please,” He requested.

“Alright, those drinks should be out in a minute,” Ally smiled and walked away to another table. Brye turned his attention back to Candi.

“Ok, exactly how old are you?” He asked.

“Twenty-one,” Candi answered slowly. “Duh,”

“Oh…” Brye took in this information. At first he thought that this was a bad idea, with him only being eighteen. Then, he realized that he was a legal adult and was on a date with an older woman, and his confidence returned tenfold. He leaned back into his seat, a sly grin on his face, and rested an arm on the table in front of him. “So, you see anything you like?” Brye asked picking up the menu.

“I don’t know, most of the stuff on the menu has calories…” Candi said. Brye looked up at her from the top of the menu and raised a brow.

“Uh… yeah, food typically does…” Brye responded.

“I know and it sucks,” Candi whined and looked over the menu. “Maybe I’ll just get a salad. At least it won’t completely do me in.” She contemplated. “Or maybe I’ll have the Norwegian salmon. Do you think they really ship that all the way from Norwegia?”

Brye pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “Uh, I think you mean Norway, and yes, they ship it from there.”

“Oh,” Candi said simply. Brye just took a deep breath… clearly this girl, er, woman, was not all the way there.

“So…” He started. “Do you go to Northwestern too?”

“Um, yes, actually, but I’m on break.” Candi answered. This puzzled Brye.

“Wait, how can you be on break? School just started,” Brye pointed out. Candi just shrugged. “Ok…” Brye murmured slowly and nodded, not really sure of what to say next.

Brye just nodded. “So, what are you doing with your… free time?”

“I dance,” Candi answered with confidence. This sparked an interest in Brye and he sat up with curiosity and smiled.

“A dancer… really? What type of dance?” Brye asked. “Hip-Hop, Classic, Pop, Jazz, Ballet…” He listed.

“All types,” Candi said. “It all depends on the theme of the day.”

“The theme?” Brye asked, confused.

“Yeah,” Candi nodded. “Although, I typically stay away from the Ballet, I don’t think it would be much appreciated.”

Suddenly, Ally returned with their drinks, placing them on the table, with a side glass of water for Candi. “Alright, are you guys ready to order?” She asked. Brye nodded and glanced at Candi.

“I think I’ll have the Caesar salad,” Candi said. Ally nodded, writing it down and turning to Brye.

“I’ll have the fried catfish with a side of coleslaw and French fries.” Brye ordered.

“Ok, I’ll get those to you as soon as possible,” Ally smiled. “Just let me take those menus out of your way,” She said and they handed their menus to her and she walked away. Candi took a sip of her drink, closing her eyes.

“Mmm, this is really good,” She sighed. Brye sat there awkwardly sipping his Coke.

“So, Candi, tell me more about yourself.” He suggested. Candi sat her drink on the table and thought for a moment.

“Well, I was born in Dallas , Texas and lived there for about 13 years before I moved up to Tennessee with my mother after her and my father separated.” Candi explained.

“Oh, I’m sorry, that must have been sad for you,” Brye consoled.

“No,” Candi shook her head. “Not really, my dad was a douche, anyways.” She answered. Brye was stunned about how she insulted her father so openly.

“I guess you didn’t like him that much.” He stated.

“Oh, heavens no, I loved my father.” Candi objected, causing Brye to rub the back of his neck nervously. “Anyways, we only stayed in Tennessee for about a year and then moved here to Illinois . In high school I was on the cheerleading squad. I was always on top of the pyramid!” She squealed.

“That’s nice,” Brye said. “In high school, I was on the soccer team.”

“But… you’re not Hispanic,” Candi said confusedly. Brye gave her an incredulous look and shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Yeah… guess that’s why they kicked me off the team.” He sighed wearily.

“Yeah,” Candi agreed, taking sips of her drink. “Well, anyways, I took up dancing when I was seventeen. A friend of mine introduced me to it at a party. Because I was a cheerleader, I picked it up quickly.”

“Yeah, I heard that cheerleaders are typically good dancers. Something about good balance and rhythm,” Byre said. Candi nodded.

“Yup, it takes a lot of balance and if you don’t have rhythm, then you just work the crowd.”

“Oh, so you interact with the audience?” Brye asked.

“Yup, you have to if you’re too clumsy for the stage.”

“Wow, that’s interesting,” Brye thought aloud. “So, do you travel? I know with dancing you have to travel to different places and perform.

“Um, I don’t know about all that,” Candi said. “I didn’t even think that was possible. But, no, I don’t travel, I just stay here.”

“Where do you perform?” Brye asked taking a sip of his Coke.

“At Triple X,”

Coca-cola sprayed from Byre’s mouth as he spit his drink from his mouth from shock, going into a coughing fit.

“Hey, you nearly spat on my dress!” Candi shrieked. Brye finally calmed down and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

“Triple X is a strip club,” Brye pointed out.

“Uh, duh, where else would I dance?”

“You’re a s-s-stripper?” Brye stuttered. Candi shrugged as if it were obvious.

“Yes, I already said that.” She stated with irritation.

“Exactly, how did you meet Jaxson?” Brye asked with bewilderment.

“At a party silly,” Candi giggled. “I was the entertainment,”

Brye sighed and planted his face in his hand, shaking his head wearily. He desperately needed something to calm his nerves. Hethen looked up at a passing waiter and called to him.

“Um, excuse me; can I get a beer please?” He asked. The waiter eyed him carefully, squinting at him.

“Uh, how old are you?” He asked.

“Twenty-one,” Brye answered as if he were offended. The waiter looked at him disbelievingly.

“Yeah, I don’t think so, kid,” He said and walked away. Brye glanced back at Candi in defeat who was once again refocused on her French manicure.

This was going to be a long night…

~*~*~

Ryan lay on his bed waiting for Brye to return from his date, thinking about his first week. He reached over to the desk and pulled open the drawer where he kept his journal.

He opened it, thought for a moment and as usual wrote the date in the left corner.

“What a week…everything that could have gone wrong did. I had to change my entire schedule which was almost a disaster, but luckily it all worked out. I have an amazing counselor. I also received my reading list for my literature class; my professor must be out of his mind, but oh well. I was only late for two of my classes, just got turned around that’s all.

They say to everything there is a sliver lining, that being true I have to say mine was Joel Masterson. Wow... just writing his name caused my heart to flutter and this stupid grin to attack my face. Before today I would have said he never noticed me… but that was before today. Yes Joel noticed me... me, I can’t believe it, but I saw it with my own eyes in his eyes.
Some might say I’m reading too much into it, and maybe I am, I don’t care. We actually talked, not long or about anything important, but we talked. I was a dead man, I tried not to look into his eyes, his piercing blue eyes as he talked and I didn’t want to stare at his mouth, what a lovely mouth it is…

“Oh Hey.” Ryan lifted his pen from the paper, looking up as he heard Brye enter. He closed the book and sat it aside. “So how’d it go?” Ryan asked with excitement.

“…Don’t ask.” Brye sighed kicking off his shoes and plopped face down on the bed burring his face in his pillow.

“That good eh?” Ryan laughed as he got off his bed and sat down on Brye’s.

“Jaxson is a dead man.”

“Wow…” Was all Ryan could muster, he was speechless.

“Yeah…wow.” Brye repeated disappointedly.

“Hey, want to go see a movie this weekend?” Ryan suggested.

“Sure…why not.” Brye laughed humorlessly, “and you know what’s sad, is you’ll probably be the best I'll have all weekend.” Brye sighed.

~*~*~

“Alright boys I’m outta here.” Joel said as he collected his winnings from the Poker game.

“Hell nah…man you can’t just take the money and run.” Tank objected, leaning back in his chair.

“Fuck…it’s my money and I’m not running... I’m walking.” Joel laughed as he shoved the money in his pocket.

“Hey I’m coming by tomorrow to check out that DVD Coach gave you.” Emmett reminded him. Emmett was the “Kicker” for the team.

“Oh yeah…that’s cool.” Joel replied, “Hey Jaxson I’ll see back at the dorm man.” Joel grabbed a couple of beers as he headed out.

“Cool."Jaxson said taking a sip of his drink. “Deal up losers.” He chuckled.

Joel walked through the campus, laughter and idle chatter could be heard amongst the students that were littered about. He decided to take the long way back to his dorm. The week had been pretty easy for him. He thought about Brye and Ryan and how the first week could be a bit intimidating, but he had hoped they would be fine,…he and he friends to would see to it.

“He shook his head in spite of himself when he found himself standing in front of their dorm. Joel felt like a "Peeping Tom" as he peered into their window, unsure why he was even there… Was he self-consciously trying to see Ryan again? He noticed the light shining from their window and fought the urge to go inside. Instead he smiled, scanned the area for any security personal before leaning back against the big tree in front for their window drinking his beer.

Next up: Joel and Brye’s parents come for Northwestern’s big game…Things get heated at the Frat Party…in more ways than one.
Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Obviously the date was a learning experience for Brye on what he really wants for himself. There'll be no more blind dates I'm sure. :lol:

 

So both Ryan and Joel are smitten with one another. Joel has the "I'm not ready to make a commitment" thing going on. I'm starting to see how Ryan and Brye's mission statement is going to get in the way.

 

Really enjoying the story, Kim! :worship:

Link to comment
On 08/27/2011 12:29 PM, Conner said:
Obviously the date was a learning experience for Brye on what he really wants for himself. There'll be no more blind dates I'm sure. :lol:

 

So both Ryan and Joel are smitten with one another. Joel has the "I'm not ready to make a commitment" thing going on. I'm starting to see how Ryan and Brye's mission statement is going to get in the way.

 

Really enjoying the story, Kim! :worship:

Conner, Let's hope Brye learned his lesson on blind dates and messing with Jaxson. ;) Yep Ryan is digging Joel, and Joel with is checking him out too... and yes the mission statememt will interesting to see how it turns out for both boys. Thanks so much for reading... :D
Link to comment

eeeeeek!!! :o

 

Jaxson is sooooo dead! lol

It's okay if i haveta heep reading, now that the story is finished! lol. just so u know.. I am giving up my sleep. lol. the story's THAT GOOD! :D

oooh! and yeah.. it needs some edits like you said, BUT its not that major that it takes away from the flow of the story! (did my reputation that i nitpick reach you too? :*) ) i am not THAT bad, honest! 0:)

Link to comment
On 02/27/2012 12:28 AM, Frostina said:
eeeeeek!!! :o

 

Jaxson is sooooo dead! lol

It's okay if i haveta heep reading, now that the story is finished! lol. just so u know.. I am giving up my sleep. lol. the story's THAT GOOD! :D

oooh! and yeah.. it needs some edits like you said, BUT its not that major that it takes away from the flow of the story! (did my reputation that i nitpick reach you too? :*) ) i am not THAT bad, honest! 0:)

on man, now I feel guilty. Don't give up sleep...its finished it's not going anywhere...lol But I'm cheesing like Chester that you are...lol. Haha no I didn't get that memo...but glad I pointed it out before you did...now you have a heads up...lol Jaxson is totally crazy and cool. He was one of my favorites in this story...Joel was just sexy to me...lol College boys...oy/

 

Danke for the review,

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..