Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 5,689 Words
  • 4,101 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

School Daze - 9. Chapter 9

 

  

“Freeze!” shouted a deep, gruff voice. The boys froze in fright, dropping the can onto the floor. “Now, put your hands where I can see them.” The voice commanded. Ryan and Brye did as they were told. “Now, turn around.” They did so slowly and came face-to-face with a cop dressed in a black uniform, his badge glinting in the light, a gun pointed in their direction.

 


“What are you two boys doing in here?” he asked. They didn’t speak. Fear had taken away their ability to. “I asked you a QUESTION!”

“Ah!” Brye jumped, his eyes shooting down to the gun and then back to the officer. “W-w-we were j-just-”

“Just what, huh, boy?” the officer asked menacingly. Ryan shook when he felt someone nudge him from behind, thrusting him forward.

“G-go ahead and tell him,” Brye insisted. Ryan swallowed thickly, sweating bullets.

“Uh…”

“You both do realize I’m gonna’ have to take you in, right?” the officer asked. “Are you two students here? And what are you doing with that can of dye? Something suspicious I bet.”

“Officer, listen,” Brye tried to say.

“I’M DOING THE TALKING HERE BOY!” the officer shouted and moved closer to them. He slipped the gun into its holder, but keeping a hand on it, ready to pull it out if needed. Brye eyed him carefully, his knees weakening. “Are you looking me in the eye, boy?” the officer asked lowly, his face so close that Brye could feel the hairs of his mustache.

“N-no, sir.” Brye answered. The officer then got in Ryan’s face.

“And what about you, hmm?” he asked. “You got something to say?” Ryan quickly shook his head, trying not to pass out. The officer stepped back slightly. “I’m gonna’ have to report you to the dean for this one. This means expulsion for you two.” He spat.

Brye and Ryan’s eyes widened, with the fear of being expelled. Brye dropped to his knees.

“Officer, please! This is all a big misunderstanding!” he begged, putting his hands in prayer form. “You see, he talked me into it.” He gestured to Ryan.

“What?!” Ryan exclaimed. “Don’t try to pin this all on me.” Ryan then looked at the officer. “Sir, I can assure you that both of us have just been involved in a huge mix-up, that’s all.” Ryan tried to assure and Brye nodded in agreement. The officer looked between the two of them and guffawed mockingly.

“You two are pathetic.” He spat. “Alright, I’m not gonna’ report ya’.” He said slowly.

“Y-you’re not?” Brye stuttered standing up, his voice sounding hesitant as if his questioning would somehow change the officer’s mind.

“No, I’m not!” The officer yelled. “I ain’t a snitch.” At this, Brye and Ryan looked at each other with confusion. The officer stepped back a little more. “No I ain’t gonna’ report ya’…” he paused. “I’m gonna laugh at ya!” his voice was suddenly young and cheerful. It didn’t have the gruffness it had before. Instead, it was smooth and boyish.

The guys watched as the officer pulled away the mustache from under his nose, revealing a young looking man, who laughed loudly.

Suddenly, tons of laughter rang out from all around the room, and the boys looked around in confusion. Their hearts sped up as they watched Joel, Jaxson, Colin, Tank, and Emmet come out from their hiding places, laughing so hard that they were bending over, clutching their stomachs.

“You should have seen your faces!” Emmett exclaimed. Jaxson walked up next to the fake officer, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

“Good job, Dave!” he said. “Man, you’re good. I was even scared for a moment. I damn near pissed myself.”

“What?!” Ryan and Brye shouted in unison, they stared at each other in amazement, their mouths agape and their eyes wide with shock.

Colin walked out clapping, “Bravo…bravo.” He smiled. “You guys accomplished your assigned task.”

“Oh my god, you scared the shit out of me.” Ryan said while holding his hand over his chest. Still not sure if this was real or not.

“Yeah, what the fuck this was all a joke?” Brye asked bewildered.

“Yepp…”And you my man almost failed.” Colin replied, “What you think fellas, do we still want him?” Colin laughed pointing his finger to Brye.

“Heyyy…” Brye objected.

“Hey my ass, you were about to leave your brother stranded.” Emmett said.

“No…I would never do that.” Brye defended.

“What the fuck would you call it…It was all his fault.” Jaxson laughed mocking him.

“Ryan, you’ve got to believe me, I would never sell you out…not for real.” Brye said full of conviction.

“I believe you.” Ryan smiled.

“And so do we little brother.” Joel walked up placing a reassuring hand his on Brye and Ryan’s shoulder.

“You knew about this all along?” Ryan questioned, eyeing Joel.

“Uh-oh.” Tank laughed, “Joel, you ain't gettin none, he’s gonna hold out and make you pay for this.” He laughed. Joel rolled his eyes and shook his head before kissing Ryan on the cheek.

“Hey guys we have a party going on in your honor, we need to get going.” Colin said trying to usher everyone out.

“Yeah, before the real security shows up, he’ll be making his rounds in about fifteen minutes.” Dave laughed as he held the door open allowing everyone to exit first.

~*~*~

Joel turned onto Cherry Cove Dr. slowly making his way down to the end of the road to the Delta house where the party was being held in Ryan and Brye's honor.

The street was cluttered with cars steaming a mile long, Joel pulled up to the front of the house that was reserved for invited guest only.

"Wow...." Brye was astonished staring out the window, "All this is for us?"

"Yepp...tonight it is, we had twenty-two pledges this time and the big party for everyone is Saturday after we beat Indiana’s ass. “ Joel laughed as he parked the car.

"Do these people have class tomorrow?" Ryan wondered aloud, noticing the front yard was littered with students, some in small groups, while others were closer to the front porch drinking and dancing to the music coming from inside.

"This is college life babe,” Joel chuckled; he reached over patting Ryan’s knee. “There is a party every night...somewhere, and tonight this party is for you." He smiled pulling the key out of the ignition.

"Ohhhh..." Ryan nodded eyeing the crowd

Brye was the first one out of the car. He shoved his hand in the pocket of his tan cargo shorts giving an approving nod as he combed his fingers through his thick black curly hair, Joel had taken them to their dorm to change of out their black clothing before coming to the party. He stood in awe as he watched a sea of students making their way toward the house, and laughed with excitement when he heard someone off in the distance getting excited as they recognized him.

Inside the jeep, Joel reached for Ryan's hand caressing the top of it with his fingers. "You ready to go?" He asked kindly, he could see that Ryan was a little hesitant about the attention he would be receiving.

"I still can't believe all this is for us." Ryan said shyly, taking a huge breath as he glanced out the window, then back to Joel.

“It’s gonna be okay,” he assured him, "you better get used to it. I mean you got four years of this maybe more…and the best is yet to come.” He took Ryan’s hand into his, bringing it to his lips kissing it gently causing Ryan’s cheeks to redden.

Ryan tapped his fingers on his knee nervously, “Um...is Jace coming?”

“Jace, “ He repeated, his voice laced with confusion, “No… why?”

Ryan sighed, “I just wondered.” He lied, "Well we bet-“ BAM…BAM! Brye knocking on the window startled him.

“Brye!” Joel yelled through laughter, then glanced over to Ryan “Come on” He reached for the door handle, and just before exiting he leaned back over his shoulder giving Ryan a quick kiss on the lips, Ryan moaned kissing him back before following his lead.

“It’s about damn time, the party will be over before we get inside.” Brye laughed pretending to be annoyed as Ryan got out of the jeep.

Ryan looked toward the house, running his fingers through his bangs which fell back in place perfectly before running his sweaty palms down the front of his jeans.

Joel walked around the jeep to where Brye and Ryan were standing, “You guys ready for your official debut as, Brothers.” He extended his hand to Ryan’s who locked their fingers together as he led them to the house.

Cheers and whistles could be heard amongst the crowd of supporters, most of them outside were not members nor invited to the private party but to them anywhere there was good music and a party they would be there. Joel walked ahead guiding Ryan and Brye through to crowded sidewalk leading to the front porch.

“Hey Joel man….ready for the game against IU?” A voice called out from the crowd.

“Hell yeah, we’re gonna kick their ass.” Joel chuckled still holding Ryan’s hand tightly.

On the front porch stood two huge dudes staffing the door. They stood about six feet two and the size of linebackers. They were engaging in a deep conversation; each with a can of beer in their hand.

“Oh, hey man.” The bigger one of the two greeted with a nod.

“What’s up Craig?” Joel asked grabbing his hand. “Mark?” He patted the other guy on the shoulder.

“You got the best hand dude.” He answered in a smooth tone.

"As a matter of fact I do," Joel said fondly. Mark smiled giving Joel an approving nod knowing he was referring to the blond standing next to him.

“Sooo… these are the newest members of DU huh?” He eyed Ryan and Brye approvingly with a smug grin.

“Yepp.” Joel glanced from Brye to Ryan proudly. “This is them.”

“Hell man.” Craig chuckled into his fist before taking a swig of beer, “It’s on tomorrow.”

“I know right.” Mark agreed, “I can’t wait to see the "little blue people.” He used air quotes laughing hysterically. Joel nudged Brye’s shoulder laughing along, while Ryan pressed his lips together feeling slightly embarrassed. “Hey dude, it’s all good.” Mark noticed Ryan's disposition, “It’s Rush week, they’ll never find out it was you who put the dye in the pool, and if they do…we got your back.” He smiled, “Now get inside there’s a party going on, and you two are the guest of honor.” He demanded as he opened the door ushering them inside.

The energy was high, the music loud, with the bass bouncing off the walls. The dance floor, filled to capacity, drinks in hands waving in the air careful not to spill any while dancing to R. Kelly’s ‘Home Alone,’ featuring Keith Murray.

Joel placed his hand on Ryan’s back nudging him forward. Brye bobbed his head to the beat as he watched the guys trying to keep up while the girls out danced them.

“Heyyy….” Tank yelled over his shoulder motioning them to the dance floor, while bumping and grinding with Tonya. Tonya was one of many that Tank hooked up with from time to time, they had an understanding, she knew she was not the only one...and so did he.

Tonya’s skin was smooth as milk chocolate, and her professionally weaved 'Yaki' hair, that she wore down the middle of her back, was swinging from side to side as she swiveled her hips and rolled her shoulders dancing seductively. She wore a tight fitted yellow mini dress that rose up around her hips, as Tank ran his hand up and down her thigh, sexing her on the dance floor.

“Wanna dance?” Joel spoke into Ryan’s ear over the music.

“Maybe later.” He shrugged his shoulder before shoving his hands in the pocket of his jeans.

Joel raised an eyebrow questioningly, “Okaay how about something to drink then?” Joel could feel something was off with Ryan, but could not put his finger on it, unless he was upset that Joel was in on the prank. Joel turned to ask Brye if he was going to join them, but when he turned around Brye was already on the dance floor.

“Well he didn’t waste any time.” Ryan laughed. He hooked his finger in the belt loop of Joel’s jeans keeping up with him as they made their way to where the food and drinks were being served.

Ryan let out a terrified gasp as they passed the large plasma screen television, when he recognized his face.

“Oh My God!” He shrieked placing his hand over his mouth. He poked Joel in the back with his finger getting his attention.

“What!?” Joel called over his shoulder. Ryan couldn’t speak he was still in shock, he just pointed to the television.

Joel gave a hearty laugh, stopping to watch his boyfriend and brother. Jaxson used a high quality camcorder and filmed the whole thing.

Ryan watched with a horrified expression on his face, “I can’t believe this.” The words floated from his mouth.

Joel wrapped his arm around Ryan’s waist pulling him close, “It’s okay, Ryan. This is a part of it, you guys did great. You’re amongst family now.”

“But I thought he said no one would find out it was us, how could they not?” He nodded toward the television.

Joel laughed, “Don’t worry, the only ones invited inside the party are your fraternity brothers and their girls, trust me no one in here would say anything, they’re all on your side. We all did some crazy shit that could have gotten us expelled, but here we are.” He glanced around the room, “Hell they don’t care.” He said with a shrug of the shoulder.

Ryan sighed burying his face in Joel’s chest. “Hey…” Joel lifted his chin bringing them eye to eye, “relax, it’s all good….I promise. “Let’s go get something to drink.”

“Okay…” Ryan smiled looking at his boyfriend. Joel was perfect, maybe too perfect if he listened to Jace. Tonight was about having fun, he and Brye made it… they were now Delta Upsilon men. He knew he needed to lighten up and not let his conversation with Jace ruin his and Joel’s evening, but it was hard, that nagging voice inside his head would not go away. He promised he would not second guess Joel,...second guess them, so why was he?

Joel smiled warmly over his shoulder, “You okay?” His eyes filled with care and sincerity.

“Yeah. Can I have a hug?” Ryan asked shyly with pleading eyes and a slight tilt of the head.

Joel smiled pulling Ryan into his arms holding him tightly as if his life depended on it, inhaling deeply Ryan’s natural scent allowing it to fill his lungs as oxygen would.

“Hey you two.” The cheery voice called from behind. Ryan pulled from Joel's embrace looking over his shoulder to see who was speaking to them and was pleasantly surprised to find Olivia standing there.

"Oh Hey Olivia."

 


"Olivia…what’s up girl?" Joel turned to greet her as well. "You're looking good." He noted giving her the once over.

She had her hair pulled up in an up-do with cute ringlets cascading down framing her face perfectly. She was dressed very trendy wearing a Shawl styled one sleeved turquoise tie-dye blouse that flowed past her hips and pair of black crop side-zip leggings.

"Brye doesn't know you're here does he?" Ryan asked pointing behind him.

"No not yet." She giggled, "I thought I would grab a bit to eat first" She replied holding up her plate that held a smorgasbord of food.

Joel's eyes widen with shock, "Damn girl did you leave us any?" He laughed.

"Joel... you're so silly." Olivia blushed as she popped a meatball into her mouth.

"Poor Brye." Ryan sighed.

"I'm sorry." She leaned in, "I didn't hear you."

"Oh...I said I want to try." Ryan laughed reaching for a stalk of celery.

"Nice save." Joel whispered with a chuckle. Ryan grinned up at him proudly.

"Oh...congratulations Ryan, I watched the video." She laughed, "I'm gonna have to talk to Brye, he was about to sell you down the river...that boy."

"I know right." He laughed.

"Wait...” She stated with surprise as she stepped back looking over Ryan's shoulder, her brows knitted together, "Who is that?"

Ryan and Joel looked behind them to see Brye getting freaked by some random girl, who had her face all in crotch. "Hold up." Olivia snarled handing her plate to Joel before heading off in a huff to the dance floor.

"Ooooo..." Joel chuckled into his fist. Ryan nodded with excitement before taking a hot wing off the plate turning to see Olivia in action.

Brye was all into the dance, his hands draped around her waist while singing the lyrics to 'Rock That Body,' by the Black Eyed Peas, that was now blasting through the speakers.

Olivia stepped behind the young lady and tapped her on the shoulder as she cleared her throat, “Ahem…Um... excuse, me sweetie, this is our song." She smiled coyly, placing her hand on her hip.

"Heyyy...Olivia!" Brye exclaimed with excitement. He dropped his hands from around the young lady's waist practically pushing her out of the way grabbing Olivia giving her a big hug.

"What are you doing here?" He yelled over the music, leaning back placing both hands on her shoulders while still moving to the beat.

"Jaxson invited me." She grinned, while swaying her hips. They were so into each other they completely forgot about the young woman standing there, she placed her hand on her hip, and rolled her eyes storming off "Bitch" she said under her breath.

Brye and Olivia laughed, shrugging their shoulders and continued dancing. "I'm glad you're here."

"Are you kidding, I wouldn't miss it...my man is a Delta now." She smiled biting on her lower lip fully aware of her admission.

The party was in full force. Soon everyone was on the dance floor doing line dances to the Cupid Shuffle, Cha Cha Slide, and the Electric Slide. Everyone including Ryan and Joel were dancing.

Ryan danced next to Olivia and Brye so she could help him with the turns, slides and kicks. Laughter and cheers could be head outside along with the music. There was line dancing on the front lawn as well. Jaxson and Joel messed up on purpose, being silly and just having fun, turning to the left when the song told them to turn to the right, throwing the person in front and behind them off.

"Owww...." Jaxson ducked his head laughing after receiving a slap on the back of it from a girl dancing behind him, causing Joel to laugh aloud.

The DJ slowed down the music playing Jaheim's ‘Never’, the song fit Joel and Ryan's situation perfectly. The break gave everyone a chance to catch their breath, grab something cool to drink, or just cuddle with their date slow dancing; Joel and Ryan choose the latter.

Joel held Ryan tightly in his arms, tenderly caressing his back as they swayed together. Their bodies fit perfectly, feeling so good against each other. Joel glanced over to his little brother who was whispering something in Olivia's ear as he held her close, causing her to blush as they danced.

The DJ played 'Play Another Slow Jam,' by Monica and Usher bringing more couples to the dance floor, including Tank, Emmett, Jaxson and Colin, everyone grooving to the smooth sounds followed by another classic, 'You and I, by Obrien.

He picked up the tempo with 'Get Low' by Lil Jon and the Yeng Yang twins, followed by Juvenile’s Back That Thang Up,” couples were twerking on the dance floor, Olivia and Brye included. Joel was behind Ryan, cradling him between his arms, grinding against his ass.

Tank was dancing beside them with some random chick reciting the words to the song, “Call me big daddy when you back that thang up…” He laughed as he swatted her on the ass.

The next song to play was O.P.P By Naughty by Nature. Joel looked at his cell phone glancing at the time, and pulled Ryan off the dance floor. Olivia and Brye were still dancing, having a great time together.

Joel and Ryan sat in the corner, Ryan sitting on Joel’s lap feeding him from the plate of food they were sharing. Tonight was great; everyone was having a good time, plenty of good food and drinks. Ryan looked out on to the dance floor at Brye, he could tell his friend was happy and the fact that Olivia was here to share this night with him was momentous.

Ryan looked lovingly into Joel’s eyes as he fed him, wondering why he had any doubts about how Joel felt about him. He was loving, attentive and made Ryan feel like he was the most important person in his world…just like Jace said he would. Ryan sighed trying to dismiss the thought.

“Hey guys the party is out there, not here in this corner.” Tank laughed, “Save the cuddling for the dorm.”

“Hey Tank.” Joel waved as Ryan was placing a cube of cheese in his mouth.

“Man look at all these fine ass females up in here…shit I don’t know which one I want to take home.” He laughed rubbing his hands together briskly as he glanced around the room.

“What about Tonya?” Joel asked as he chewed his food, Ryan used his finger to wipe the crumbs from his boyfriend’s mouth.

“Nah, not tonight…I’ve had that one.” He pointed out, “And that one…she’s pretty good too.” He laughed. “Hey…who is that?” He said eyeing the young woman, he had never seen before.

“I don’t know?” Joel leaned forward looking around Ryan trying to get a better view. “I don’t think I’ve seen her around, but she’s cute.” He added.

“Hell yeah…I’ll be back.” Tank laughed walking away. Ryan smiled laying his head against Joel’s chest getting lost in the feel of him.

Olivia and Brye had not left the dance floor, since their first dance. They loved being together; just kids having fun. Brye couldn't get enough of her. They danced to Lloyd’s‘Girls Around the World, Featuring lil Wayne,’ until Tank grabbed Brye by the neck pulling him off the dance floor.

"Come on lil Bro, time for a drink."

"Hey!" Olivia objected placing her hands on her hips.

"Chill lil momma, you'll thank us later, we're gonna make a man out of your man." He winked forcing Brye, who put up a struggle off the dance floor, to the other room. He was surprised to see Ryan already there; they shared a wary glance unsure of their fate.

"Hey..." He jerked away rubbing the back of his neck as Tank pushed him forward.

"Okay men." Colin looked to Jaxson, Emmett, Tank, Joel and the rest of the Delta men, as he addressed Ryan and Brye.

“You have been selected by your peers, based on the integrity and the honor you have shown.”

Brye and Ryan smiled at each other as listened to the words of praise being spoken about them. Ryan glanced over to Joel who winked at him before crossing his arms over his chest , smiling proudly while listening to Colin.

“We don’t take our mission lightly.” He paused looking around the room. “These are your brothers, in every sense of the word, from this day forward, for the rest of your lives. You will uphold the oath that you will pledge here tonight and formally on Saturday at the swearing in where you will receive your badges of merit. Tonight was held in your honor, because the men standing here deemed you worthy… not to mention we needed a reason to party.” He smiled devilishly.

He stepped back, allowing a tray of drinks to be passed around. There were several small glasses on the silver tray and two tall ones filled to the top. Each member took one of the smaller glasses leaving the two tall ones for Ryan and Brye.

Ryan glanced over to Brye cautiously before reaching for his glass. Brye smiled nervously before taking his. He swallowed hard clearing his throat.

Emmett stepped forward locking eyes with Ryan then Brye. “Brye Masterson and Ryan Smith, I’m deeply honored to call you my brothers.” He held up his glass.

“Here…here.” Everyone agreed downing his shot.

“Here goes nothing.” Brye chuckled turning up his glass. Ryan held his breath and followed suit.

The burning in their throats and the warming sensation in their bodies caused both Ryan and Brye to double over coughing uncontrollably, while the applause and whistling erupted around them.

“What the Fuck was in that?” Brye managed to choke out, while coughing into his fist. Ryan nodded trying to catch his breath, while leaning against the counter his eyes burning, filling with tears.

“It’s what men are made of.” Jaxson laughed. “Joel and I did it. Hell, we all did it.” He acknowledged patting Joel on the shoulder.

“Yepp…” Joel agreed.

"Heyyy…” Brye laughed, feeling no pain as he heard Jamie Foxx’s ‘Blame it’ blasting through the speakers. “Hell that’s my jam….” He started dancing, “Are we done here?” He questioned popping his fingers feeling a nice smooth buzz. “Because I’ve got a fine ass babe waiting for me.” He winked.

“Then by all means, go get your woman…” Someone laughed.

Brye threw up the peace sign and headed back to the dance floor swaying slightly. Ryan watched him grab Olivia pulling her along with him.

Joel walked over to Ryan placing his hand on the lower part of his back. “You okay?” He asked.

Ryan blew out a huge breath of air, his eyes still watery, “yeah…” He sighed, I just need some air.”

“Okay let’s go.” Joel nodded toward the door, ushering Ryan to go first.

“Hey Joel I need a dance partner.” Shuree laughed. Shuree was one of Joel’s classmates and a member of his sister fraternity.

“I’m sorry I was just heading out.”

“Awww….” She pouted.

“No…go ahead, I’ll be fine.” Ryan smiled at Shuree.

“Thanks bro; your boyfriend is an amazing dancer… for a white boy.” She giggled pulling Joel toward the dance floor. Joel smiled sadly as he was being pulled away.

Ryan grabbed a beer before heading outside.

~*~*~

The sound of loud music mixed with, voices and laughter of the partygoers inside startled Ryan, pulling him from his thoughts when the sliding glass door opened and closed slowly.

“Hey…there you are.” The familiar voice said as he stepped out on the patio. “What are you doing still out here?” Ryan glanced up and smiled into those alluring blue eyes.

“Oh hey Joel.” He sighed before taking a sip of his Samuel Adams. He swallowed hard as he scooted over allowing room for Joel to sit down. The tensing of his body as Joel placed his arm around his shoulders didn’t go unnoticed.

“Ryan, what's wrong?” Joel asked with concern as he lowered his head trying to make eye contact with him. He indeed noticed Ryan’s unresponsiveness to his touch.

“Nothing.” Ryan lied, “Just tired I guess.”

Joel smiled sadly and took a deep breath, “Okay…so are you mad at me about the prank.” He asked pressing his lips together tightly before biting on the lower one.

“No…no Joel, that was fine…funny actually.” Ryan chuckled softly. “We looked ridiculous didn’t we?” He laughed shaking his head before he took another sip.

Joel chuckled into his fist, “Yeah,” he smiled.

Their laughter soon faded to an uncomfortable silence. Ryan focused his attention on the half-empty bottle of beer in his hand and Joel’s attention was on Ryan.

“Hey?” He spoke softly nudging Ryan’s shoulder with his own.

Ryan gazed thoughtfully into Joel’s eyes before breaking the stare abruptly, while tightly squeezing the back of his neck. He wanted to tell him what was wrong, what was bothering him, but he didn’t want to sound untrusting, or like the jealous boyfriend. He blew out a huge breath of air, relaxing his shoulders a bit, as he felt the firm strong hand replaced his own, massaging and caressing the tightness in his neck.

“Baby, what’s the matter?”

Ryan inhaled deeply and whispered faintly, “I saw you with him.”

“What?” Joel leaned closer placing his hand to his ear. “You what?”

A long drawn out sigh escaped Ryan’s lips, “I said I saw you with Jace today.”

“Is that that want this is about?” Joel asked, “I knew something was bothering you baby, just talk to me.” Joel pleaded, “I gave him a ride. His car was in the shop and I dropped him off.” Joel stated matter of factly. “I didn’t see you, where were you?”

“I was coming to the student hall with Kennedy before swim practice and I saw you two. Joel, I don’t like him.” Ryan confessed closing his eyes tightly waiting to be scolded for his confession.

“I understand, Ryan, but there’s nothing going on with Jace and me, not anymore.”

“That’s not what he said-“

“I don’t care what he said, wait…when did you see him?” Joel asked puzzled knitting his brows together.

“This afternoon in the cantina.”

 


“And what did he say exactly?” Joel gave a frustrated sigh, then pinched the bridge of his nose. “Um…never mind, knowing Jace, I’m sure I don’t want to know.”

“But I want to tell you.” He insisted. “You said talk to you.”

“Okay.”

“He said you two are still…you know sleeping together."

“WHAT!?” Joel interrupted before he could finish.

He stood up placing his hands on his hips, shaking his head in disbelief. His outburst; now a few octaves higher, was unexpected even to him, and the anger in his tone was directed at Jace not Ryan.

“Joel, I’m sorry.” Ryan stood walking cautiously toward his boyfriend.

“What are you sorry about?” Joel frowned. “I’m the one who should be sorry, not you.”

“You can’t control what he does.” Ryan pointed out placing a reassuring hand on Joel’s shoulder, realizing he was not just talking to Joel at this point.

“I Know I... I don’t want him fuckin with you. The only reason I gave him a ride was to tell him about us and that I couldn’t see him anymore.”

Ryan’s eyes widen with surprise, “Really?” He smiled softly.

“Really.” Joel wrapped his arm around Ryan’s waist pulling him into his embrace. “I want to be with you, Ryan, He acted like he understood, but I guess he didn’t."

“I guess not. He even commented on your Jacket.”

“I’m not sure I want to hear this, but go ahead.” Joel sighed.

“He said you only asked him to give back, so you could give it to me, and that he was your boyfriend when you gave it to him.”

“Shit…” Joel combed his fingers through his short crop of hair clearly frustrated. “First off, Jace was never my boyfriend…Ever.” He stated adamantly. “Secondly, I never gave him my jacket, We were all hanging out one night, and he said he was cold. So he asked if he could borrow it. Hell, it took me a week to get it back,” Joel recalled. “And Ryan.” Joel looked intently into Ryan’s eyes and stated passionately. “You are the first person I’ve ever wanted to try being in a relationship with. The first person I have ever wanted to be with exclusively.”

Ryan nodded, “I believe you…It’s just-“.

“Do you… I mean do you really believe me?” Joel’s voice was hopeful.

“Yes.” Ryan’s eyes said everything, there was trust and sincerity in them when he looked at Joel.

“It’s important that you do. I know what people say about me, and Ryan, a lot of it is true, but that is my past. And I never used anyone, or lied to anyone about my feelings. I don’t play with those, to some people I may come across as being cold and callous, but that’s just the way I am. I never want to give anyone the wrong idea or false hope, what you see is what you get with me.”

“Cold and callus are not words I would ever use to describe you. I really didn’t know what to make of you when we first met, besides the fact I thought you were hot.” He teased, “but cold and callous, never.” Ryan grinned.

Joel smiled, “So are you sure you want to do this with me, take a chance on me...on us? Because, like I said I want you, and when I make it to the Pros, we might have to deal with some crazy fans. You know how people can be.”

“I can handle them, as long as I know, I’m the only one… and you come home to me every night…well... except when you’re on the road.” He added jokingly.

“Then you can travel with me. If you are going to be writing, all you need is your trusty laptop, a nice voice recorder, and you’re good.” Joel said, before breaking out in laughter.

“What…what’s so funny?” Ryan asked laughing along.

“See…Here I am making plans for my future with you. I have never done that before.” He continued to laugh. “That’s scary.”

“Not to me, I can see myself with you for a long…long time.”

Joel chewed on the inside of his cheek. “Me too.” The words floated softly of his lips as he leaned forward to gently kiss Ryan, holding him tightly in his embrace, his fingers getting tangled in his soft blond hair. The taste of his mouth…so sweet, caused a deep-throated, hungry moan to escape as he kissed him fervently. He closed his eyes getting lost in the moment…their moment, could this be what love felt like? Maybe…

Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmmm, soooo... Jace's plan backfired on him this time, i wonder how mad he will be when he realises that its not really an option to try to come between Ry and Joel using trust issues. :P

i LOVE how they trust each other! shows the foundations for an awesome relationship! man, i hope they last healthy against Jace's wrath, cus... i can see hw's going to come up with something heavy and leave things pretty mangled! (or at least try to!)

Link to comment

Thank goodness Joel had the opportunity to talk to Ryan. Even Ryan's desire to trust can be used against him by people who are willing to lie and deceive with no concern about people's feelings and rights. Those kind of people justify whatever they want to do to get what they want. Selfish fucking ass holes. Kennedy is the worst, at lease Jace could say he is blinded by his obsession, but what does that fuckin bitch have to do with Ryan and Joel. She certainly has no chance with Ryan. She desn't deserve to be allowed in Ryan's presence.

 

So, on to whatever these two asses have up their sleeves.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
On 03/23/2013 02:59 PM, johnnyjon1 said:
Thank goodness Joel had the opportunity to talk to Ryan. Even Ryan's desire to trust can be used against him by people who are willing to lie and deceive with no concern about people's feelings and rights. Those kind of people justify whatever they want to do to get what they want. Selfish fucking ass holes. Kennedy is the worst, at lease Jace could say he is blinded by his obsession, but what does that fuckin bitch have to do with Ryan and Joel. She certainly has no chance with Ryan. She desn't deserve to be allowed in Ryan's presence.

 

So, on to whatever these two asses have up their sleeves.

 

Thanks

Yeah Ryan's small town innocence could be taken advantage of if he's not careful. Jace will always find excuses for his actions no matter what, that's just the kind of person he is. Kennedy dosen't trust and just speaks off the shoulder. I think she's harmless though. Joel has his faults, but he's honest and he doesn't want to hurt Ryan. When he says he wants to see where things go with him he means it. We'll have to see what the future holds for there guys... ;)

 

Merci for reading and taking the time to post a review I love it!!!!!

 

Kim :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..