Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 3,951 Words
  • 2,443 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Pussy Cat Pussy Cat - 5. Chapter 5

It’s so nice here; so comfortable; so warm. I’m purring, cuddling into Sar’s side; still wrapped in the blanket which Sar wrapped round me when he carried me from the car. Sar is stroking my shoulder and I am perfectly content. I’m falling towards sleep again.

“You know I have to go.”

“No, oh no please. Please stay.” I am wide awake now, giving him the full force of my eyes. Sar props himself up on one arm and strokes my face. Mmm that feels good.

“Glory,” he says sadly and I try to turn away but he won’t let me. He is going to be reasonable. I know he is going to be reasonable and that is going to seriously piss me off because I will feel guilty for pouting and... “I have to report back to the Council.”

“But there are others...” Petulance colours my voice. I can’t help it. I know he’s right and I know that I am going to have to concede eventually. That doesn’t mean I have to like it.

“The others were sent by the Council; they weren’t members of the Council. It was my raid; my responsibility and they’ll need to know about Felix. I have to go.” I know it; of course I know it but I really don’t want Sar to go. “I’m sorry, Glory, I am really sorry, but I have no choice. I have to go.”

“How long will you be away?”

“Not long. I’ll be home by morning, I promise.”

“But...”

“I’m sure you’ll find something to occupy you for the rest of the day.”

I’m disappointed, grumpy and Cat is pouting but... he really doesn’t have a choice and it would be shitty of me to make it more difficult for him. He doesn’t want to go any more than I want him to. It’s unfair to make it hard for him.

“I’ll miss you.”My voice comes out huskier than I intended but it is sincere.

“Thank you.” He’s smiling his most beautiful smile and I’m so glad I decided to be mature about this. There have been too many times when we’ve parted with a quarrel and I have been left in tears. I return his smile, although I want to hold on to him so badly.

It doesn’t take long to get cold and bored. Cat does neither well. Petulance creeps in and soon Cat is cross. It’s time to get up. Mmm it’s lovely to stretch after being in the car for so long. I bet it will feel good to stretch my wings...Oh yeah...

Hey that fire looks warm. The rug is sooo...Mmm. Maybe a short nap would be good. I spend a lot of time curled up on that rug or on the cushion of the chair. It’s Cat’s favourite place.

Ooh the flames are burning high today. Pretty, flickering, flames, lots of colours. Maybe just a quick nap, just a warm, a quick toasting. I can feel it; the soft fur under my body and cheek; the flickering fire hypnotising me or heating my back.

No! With Cat, there is no such thing as a quick nap especially not there. Besides, I’m hungry. It’s been hours since I’ve eaten. I’ll just throw on some jeans and a t-shirt and... ooh, this feels soft. There are so many pretty things in my drawers that Sar has bought me; really pretty thing; soft things; silky things. Ah... come on Cat; give me a break.

The house is awfully quiet. Where is everyone? There are loads of us here right now so there should be someone around. Oh well. The kitchen is empty too. That suits me; I can raid the fridge in peace; but thanks for inviting me to the party guys.

Now what shall I have to eat? There’s plenty of food in the fridge but I can’t be bothered to cook anything. There’s a plastic box with something interesting in it. Hmm... smells nice. There’s garlic in there... oil, balsamic vinegar, olives, cheese... the tomatoes and lettuce are minor inconveniences to get to the good stuff. But that isn’t going to be enough... Yay, pasta and cheese. I’ll just have to warm it in the microwave. Weird combination I know, but I like it.

The pasta is good but once I’ve filled myself up on the pasta I can only pick at the rest. I don’t know why I bother; because it’s there I suppose.

“I’m surprised to see you here. I would have thought that you of all people would have joined the circus.”

“What!?”

“Oops, sorry, bad choice of words.” Pixie sits on the table and reaches across to delicately pick an olive from the box. “Does Fougue know you are eating his precious rabbit food?”

“I don’t give a damn whose food I’m eating. It’s not marked, and any food not marked is fair game. If Fougue forgot; tough.” If Pixie doesn’t wipe that smug smile off his face I am going to slap it off. Cool head, Glory; that’s exactly what he wants. I can’t resist slapping his hand though, when he reaches for another olive.

“What do you mean, circus?”

“Not literally; it just seems that everyone is suddenly obsessed with the new guy and can’t wait to jump on the bandwagon.”

“What?”

“The house is buzzing about the fact that Rover carried him into the house with that dopey look on his face. No one cares that Sar did that with you because you do it all the time.”

“Oh thanks... well yeah. So are they all camping outside his door?”

“Not exactly but the passage is very well used all of a sudden.”

“Where is he?”

“Rover’s room.”

“What?” I don’t know why that makes me uncomfortable but it does; it really does.

“Where else; pretty kitty? He hasn’t got his own room yet.”

“Oh.” There’s that bloody smile again; as if he knows something I don’t.

“So... I guess you’re going up there then.”

“Maybe.”

“They’ll be very disappointed if you don’t.”

“What? Why?”

“Your daring rescue is already house legend.”

“But it... I didn’t... It wasn’t...”

“So?” Pixie shrugs. “Rumours grow. Better good than bad.”

“I bet I know who was responsible for spreading this rumour... and don’t flutter your eyelashes at me and try to look innocent.”

Pixie is still grinning, the bastard. I am not going to rise to his bait. I am going to wash these dishes really, really slowly.

“I’m going to my room for a nap now.”

“Yeah, I bet.”

“Bet.” Bastard. Even if I wanted to and see Felix, I can’t; not now: I’m way too stubborn for my own good.

Oh well, at least I finally get to curl up on that rug by the fire. Mmm... soft; fire; warm; soft... sleep. WHAT!!

“Shit Rover, you scared the crap out of me. Next time try to open the door before you come in, not go through it.”

“Glory, where have you been? I thought you would come. I need you, Glory.”

“What? Wait...” Stupid dog, doesn’t even wait for me to stand before he sweeps me up in his arms and squeezes me so tight it hurts. Clearly it doesn’t bother him at all that I am naked... well, I almost always am.

“Where were you?” he asks again with accusation in his voice.

“Here.” That is a very un-Rover-like look he’s giving me.

“He’s hurt, Glory. I’m scared and I needed you.”

“I... I don’t...”

“Yes, you do. I know you do.”

“What are you; a fucking mind reader?” I’m angry now. I was happy but now I don’t want him to touch me and I try to struggle in his arms.

“Yeah,” he says softly, “more than you know.”

“What?”Yes, I know, I’m being snappy and unfair and unreasonably. I can't help it and I don’t care.

“We’re soul brothers, Glory. You know what that means. Nothing will ever change that; it can’t. I’m lost, Glory... I’m lost and I need you.”

He does look lost. I have never seen him so lost. “I know. I see, but... I know it’s not reasonable and it’s not fair but... I see you look at him like you used to look at me and... and I don’t like it. I know I have Sar and I know that I’m not being fair but...”

Gently the arms around me tighten and I melt; my ear against his heart. “I will never stop loving you, Glory; you know that, or at least you should. But you have Sar and I have no one. Please don’t deny me this”

Bugger... he means me and him; our friendship. He would really push me away for that... for that... Oh who am I kidding, of course he would. I would deny anyone and anything for Sar... I did, didn’t I? I truly loved Rover, truly and deeply... but as soon as Sar came I didn’t want to know and he knew it. He must have been heartbroken. I don’t think I ever understood that; until now. What must he have gone through, watching us together? It makes me shiver.

What can I say? What can I say to convey all that; to let him know that I really and truly understand? Nothing. There’s nothing I can say but I guess a hug is a good start. “Never, I love you Rover.”

He has a beautiful grin; it was the grin that really pulled me in and I can easily get lost in it but... “What the hell...? Stop. Where are you taking me?”

“Where do you think?”

“But I’m naked.”

“Then he’s going to have to get used to it.”

“Yeah but... Oh...” Why have we stopped? Why is Rover looking at me like that? Oh well, I’m not going to complain; it’s a lot like he used to look at me... before.

“Glory, I know what happened; I know what you did. You saved him: you saved him, for me. I remember what you were like at the start; when you first came here. You were so frightened but you fought like a tiger. You fought me; you fought Sar; I think you even fought yourself. I’m scared of what is going to happen when he wakes up this time. I’m scared that he is going to react to me like you did. I don’t think I could bear to see that fear in his eyes. Please be there when he wakes up; he knows you.”

“Knows I let him down.”

“But you didn’t.”

“No, but he isn’t going to know that. All he knows is that he was in my arms and then he was unconscious and then he wakes up here. What do you think he is going to make of that?”

“I know, I know but... I’m scared, Glory. I’m really scared that he is going to hate me like... that he is going to be afraid of me like you were.”

I can’t argue; Rover is right. I was scared of him; in fact I was terrified of him the first time I saw him and even fucking him had been a mistake... at first. “Okay; okay; I could never say ‘no’ to you. And you can wipe that grin off your face. Oh for goodness sake... just get OFF me. If you are going to insist on slobbering all over me then you can just put me down.”

“Thank you, Glory,” he whispers.

Fougue is with Felix; I should have guessed. I hate that frowning look, over his glasses. “You are going to catch cold,” is what he says; what he means is, ‘For God’s sake will you stop being naked all the time?’ Meh.

Felix is curled up on the bed like a... well like a cat. He is still fast asleep. Rover puts me down to drift over to the bed and gaze affectionately at him: he can’t help it. I feel a twinge of jealousy and a twinge of sympathy. I have to agree, Felix is striking and very pretty.

“Is he okay?” I sound as if I care. I can’t help it because, despite myself, I do.

“No thanks to you.”

“What?” Fougue has that pursed lips look that he reserves for people he is really pissed with. “What have I done? It wasn’t me.” I am ready to stand and fight on this one. Cat is bridling.

Fougue waves his hand carelessly. “Not you personally; the whole lot of you.”

“It was a Council were.” To say ‘indignan’t is not even beginning to describe what I’m feeling and maybe I had better not describe what I want to do to him. “Stupid wolf... no offence.”

Uh oh. I have never seen Rover so wolfish in human form. He is snarling, his lips drawn back from his teeth. “If I ever...”

“Doesn’t help.” Fougue snaps. “He’ll be fine but it could easily have been very different. He’ll have a bad headache and should be kept quiet for a few days but he’s going to be fine. And don’t forget that this boy is scared. You might think that you’ve done a good thing and that he should be grateful but try to think back to when you first came here, Glory.”

“Yeah, yeah, I remember.”

Oh what is he narrowing his eyes about now? “Yes... well. Take care of him and call me if there are any problems.”

“You’re not going?” Rover is anxious, and I can quite understand why. I’m not too happy about being left with an unconscious Felix and frantic Rover. “What if...?”

“Nothing is going to happen, Rover; he’s okay.”

“But what if...?”

“Then call.”

I wish that he had stayed. There is definitely a real sense of awkwardness between us... hmm... what there is, is an elephant in the room. He’s a damn sexy elephant but still... Is it wrong that I have to drag my eyes away from Felix while Rover paces anxiously.

“What if...?”

“Rover, sit,” I snap. Rover glares, then grins.

“’Kay.”

Great. That really made a difference. Rover is sitting by me but he can’t take his eyes off Felix.

Now what? Rover scared the shit out of me, hurtling over... oh; Felix. Rover is hovering anxiously over the bed and staring at him.

“Rover, I don’t think you should get too close.”

“But...”

“He doesn’t know you, Rover. If he wakes up and sees you hovering over him he is going to be scared; like I was. A were shot him and, as far as he knows that might be you.”

“But; but the bond...”

“Don’t forget, me and Sar were bonded, right from the start but when I first came here I was terrified of him as much as I was crazy about him. We almost killed each other. The bond will take eventually and he’ll come round but don’t expect it to be instant, Rover.”

“Okay.”

Oh poor Rover. He looks like a whipped dog, slouching back with his tail between his legs. For goodness sake, Glory – that’s your friend you are being bitter and twisted about.

“Will you? He knows you.”

“Hardly.” Oh great; I can feel Karma biting me on the ass.

Felix is such a typical cat. He moves like a cat, sleeps like a cat and now he’s waking up like a cat. He mewls, curls and yawns.

“Hey pussy, are you going to sleep all day?”

Felix purrs softly as he burrows deeper into the softness of the bed. I know how that feels and I’m jealous of him again. I wish I was the one lying in the soft bed - so I could pull the blankets over my head.

“Shit.” Felix’s eyes open wide and he sits bolt upright. “Ow.” He falls back down again. “What did you do to me?”

“Hey, it wasn’t me. If you remember I had just saved your arse and was taking you back down. It was some stupid Council were who thought you were still fighting me and shot you with a tranq dart.”

“Hmm.” Felix starts rubbing his leg with his foot, it makes me wince. I know from bitter experience how much those darts hurt, especially if they hit bone. “I feel like I’ve been hit by a train.”

“I bet.”

Felix has a pretty smile and he’s giving me the full force of it as he stretches and yawns again. In other circumstances I might have... What? Felix’s face has drained of colour and he skitters back, slamming against the headboard of the bed.

“What’s wrong?” I look over my shoulder to see what he’s looking at. Oh. “It’s okay, Felix; this isn’t the were who shot you; this is Rover. Remember, I told you about him.”

Felix must be scared stiff because I don’t think he’s listening to anything I’m saying. His eyes are darting about, looking for escape routes. Aww... he’s just like I was the first time. Hmm; maybe now I understand a little more why Rover was so... physical. This could seriously piss me off.

“Fuck you. You betrayed me.” Yep, seriously pissed off.

“No, I didn’t. I’m your friend, Rover is your friend: don’t you remember?” Oops, I didn’t mean to sound quite so pissed off.

“No,” Felix says sharply and takes us by surprise as he explodes from the bed and makes for the door. Oh no, I remember my first time. Rover gets so overenthusiastic. I am not going to let him snap any of Felix’s ribs.

Felix is a fighter. He fights hard and he almost beats me but I have just a little bit more practice and I have a cool head while he is thrashing in panic. Finally I get him pinned down, with his face to the floor. Rover is hovering anxiously. Stupid dog; back off.

“Get off, you bastard, you betrayed me. I’m going to rip your throat out before he rips out mine.”

“Yeah, as if you’re in a position to do that.” Oops, I have to watch myself. He is royally pissing me off and I am unconsciously pushing his face harder into the carpet. He doesn’t deserve that.

“You can’t keep me here forever.”

“Do you want to bet? We can take turns.”

“Get off,” he screams. He is still fighting impressively. I thought he would have run out of steam by now.

“Look... listen to me.” I ram his face into the floor until he grunts. No, this is not the time to enjoy the violence or to consider… alternative options. “Listen to me. Think about it, you stupid cat. Why would we have gone to all the trouble of rescuing you and bringing you here if we were intending to kill you?” I have to smile. I remember Rover saying something very similar to me.

“No.” Boy is he stubborn. “Let go.”

“Not a chance ‘till you’ve calmed down.”

“Calm? How the fuck do you expect me to be calm? All my life I have been on the run from people like you; like him. And then I was caught, half killed and thrown in a cage. The next thing I know I’m being dragged out of there into a smoking hell. I get hoisted into the air by a half crazed freak and then drugged by a rogue were. And then... I wake up here with; with THAT thing looking at me as if I’m going to be his next meal. And you want me to be calm? Fuck you. Fuck you to hell; freak.”

Ooookay; resist the temptation to break something. I can’t help but increase the pressure though: with my knees on the bottom of his ribs and with my hand on the back of his head. I think he might be having some trouble breathing now. I know I shouldn’t: it’s only going to make him even more scared, but hey; I’m human - partly.

“I. Am. Not. A. Freak.” I’m getting really angry now and I don’t want to hold it all in any more. “I saved you. How far do you think you would have got before someone else hunted you down and maybe killed you?”

“At least I would have died free.”

Yep... definitely having trouble breathing now. Maybe I can make him faint. He’s a lot less trouble when he’s unconscious. “You’re lucky I don’t break your neck and feed you to the wolves... or...” Hehe; this is going to freak him out. Mmm his hair smells nice, although it isn’t easy to find his neck through all that... stuff. His neck smells good when I do find it; kind of musky and... I don’t think I have ever smelled anything quite like it before; and Cat smells everything. It’s nice. I lick him behind the ear. “I could let the vamp in me out.”

Felix shivers and goes stiff. He knows exactly what I mean. It’s what he’s run from all his life. If’s he scared of weres, that’s nothing to how frightened he is of vamps. I can feel his heart pounding. I can smell his fear. I can taste it in his sweat. “You promised you wouldn’t run; now you have no choice.”

I jump when I feel the soft touch on my shoulder. Oh hell... I was getting way too into that. I really think I was going to bite him.

“Glory.” Rover. Oh heck; poor Rover. I suddenly feel like a complete shit. What is he going through; seeing one of the men he loves hurting the other; and on the verge of really enjoying it

Felix is completely silent and still, apart from the violent shaking. Ah hell, I feel like a complete shit. I’m actually sick at myself. On the other hand, I make sure I’m between Felix and the door when I get up. He just lies there, curling up on his side. Great; he’s crying. Now I feel even worse.

Rover can’t help himself; he has to get down on his knees and stroke his back. “It’s alright, Felix. No one is going to hurt you, I promise.”

Uh oh. Is Rover really that stupid? Oh yeah. Not even the heartrending sobs seem to be putting him off.

“It’s okay. I’m safe; I would never hurt you. I... I care about you. Please let me show you that you’re safe.”

Wow... Felix is actually listening. He’s looking up at Rover and panting. Maybe he’s going to faint after all. Okay, they’re staring at each other again so it’s going to be alright now, right? Wrong. He’s even worse now. He’s curled himself right up and in whimpering with fear.

“Rover; there’s no easy way to say this – you’re scaring the shit out of him and if you care for him at all you’re going to have to leave.”

“No.”

“Rover, look at him. He’s scared to death. Please.”

“O...okay.” The word is torn out of him. “Just for a while. I’ll go… eat, or something.”

Rover is not as dumb as he looks. He glances at Felix then looks away as if he can’t bear to see him. He probably can’t; it must be horrible to see someone you care about in that state: it ain’t pretty.

“Okay.” Oh... I feel so sorry for him: he looks defeated and he just can’t help himself stroking Felix’s hair one last time. He flashes me one of his bright smiles, although it’s not that bright this time. “Take care of him, Glory.”

“You know I will.” Although I’m not entirely sure about that.

So, is Felix safer without Rover? I doubt it.
Copyright © 2011 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am frustrated with how Glory is making me feel. I want to like him like I used to but a lot of the time he is being a jerk. I feel like a ping pong ball....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Oh Glory...tsk tsk tsk I'm not so sure Felix is safer with Rover gone, either. :unsure: Hopefully Glory will get his jealousy under control soon.

Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 12:07 PM, Valkyrie said:

Oh Glory...tsk tsk tsk I'm not so sure Felix is safer with Rover gone, either. :unsure: Hopefully Glory will get his jealousy under control soon.

That damn cat! So territorial :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..