Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Guardian - 12. Chapter 12

Gabriel's having issues and really learns about the bonding, along with a little surprise road trip

//EDITED\\

Orion had believed he hit a home run when Gabriel had started opening back up, but the following day, everything just got worst. Orion woke up and Gabriel had shoved himself back in the corner. Hoping that when he left, the teen would move, proved no such luck when he peeked above the ladder to see Gabriel still in the same corner. The teen had completely shut down that day. Orion spent the day organizing their packing and went across to where he kept his vehicles. Opening the dusty garage, Trent helped in checking that the vans were still in good condition.

“It’s been a while since anyone’s driven. You think we can make it to Arizona?” he asked his alpha who started up one of the larger vans. The engine had little trouble starting up. Sitting in the driver seat, Orion stared at the wheel.

“We can…” Orion looked back at the vans he had. Five vans that could hold about twelve people each. One van with all the supplies and food, they only had to have four drivers and could leave one behind. Trent watched his leader in deep thought. “Remember how to drive?” he asked, looking down at the beta. Trent gave a nod.

“Yeah, enough to get by.” Orion turned off the van and gathered three more pairs of keys.

“Alright, find two more drivers. One van will hold all our supplies, another the pups, make sure all of them are as pups and not children. I do not have booster seats,” he muttered. Trent gave a soft snort and smiled. “Gabriel will ride with me.” He noted, not seeing the sudden frown that formed on Trent’s lips. “Start bringing the supplies over and loading the van. Take out the seats if you need to.” He got out and handing Trent three pairs of keys he walked off.

Pocketing the pair of keys he had he gave a sigh as he walked back to the main barn. He saw the adults packing and preserving the rest of their food. He walked by them all and out of the corner of his eye, he saw the pups running and playing tag with each other. Neil was as his wolf form again, his bright lavender eyes now amber. He gave a very soft smile but avoided stopping, walking inside and kicking off the floor to land on the platform. Still in the corner, Gabriel sat there, his eyes drooped and body tight in a ball. He gave a disgruntled sigh and walked over, seeing the boy tense even more when he got near and his eyes snap open.

“Get up.” Orion gruffled at him. Gabriel didn’t move. Aggravated with him he grabbed his arm and hoisted him up. Gabriel gave a squirming groan, trying to pull away from Orion. Before Orion could react a scream echoed outside. Orion’s blood burst through his veins when he pulled Gabriel to his person and made a bee line out of the barn. He looked on seeing several of Scott’s subordinates attacking. “Get the pups out of here!“ he exclaimed, Gabriel staring wide eyed at the scene. Males tackled down the scouts and defended their females as they ran to the other side, carrying the pups and morphing into their wolf counterparts. Orion saw one look at Gabriel and let out a howling roar.

“There’s the Jarkla!” Orion cursed inwardly and looked at Gabriel who had finally come to realize what was happening. Orion made the teen look at him.

“You better be ready to hang on!” Gabriel stared at the man as he morphed into a large dark grey wolf. Knowing that he was in danger, Gabriel grabbed Orion’s shoulder fur and pulled himself up on Orion’s back, the alpha as large as a horse as he ran straight into the group. Gabriel clung to his fur and planted his body on Orion’s back, tightening his legs around the wolf’s midsection. Orion grabbed one of the wolf’s neck and snapped it easily in his jaw. With him in the joint battle he began taking most of the fights. The wolves, terrified of hurting the Jarkla who clung to the alpha’s back were taken by surprise and thus killed by the male with ease. With one left, Orion towered over the male who cowered at his feet, his wolf fur a soft brown.

“Go back to your alpha, and be sure to tell him the Jarkla will never be his.” Orion snarled out at the male who scurried away. Orion turned back to see Gabriel’s mop of hair. He didn’t want to morph with the teen gripping his fur so tightly. He walked away from the battle scene and lay down, giving a soft gruffling bark to break Gabriel’s trance. Gabriel was quick to respond, letting go and sliding down off his back, backing away as the man transformed back.

Naked.

Gabriel gave a squeak and turned; his face beet red. Orion ignored the fact that the teen was embarrassed. He grabbed Gabriel’s arm.

“Come on, we’re leaving.” Gabriel shut his eyes and let the man lead him, periodically peeking through his lashes at the man’s physique, only to blush more and shut them tighter. Once they got to the garage, he left Gabriel and went to see who was harmed during the surprise attack. Gabriel stood there, looking around to see others in a rush, packing the vans. When he finally realized where he was, his brows creased. How rich was Orion and what was he hiding from his pack exactly? He stood there for a bit longer until he felt something run into him and grab onto his leg, looking down to see Neil below him. He bent down and instantly picked up the pup, holding him tight. He watched Orion come back with jeans and a shirt, eyes narrowing when he noticed the pup in his arms.

“He goes in another van with the other pups.” Orion told the teen who just held Neil more firmly and turned to hold him away, glaring at the man and silently daring him to take the pup away. Not wanting to really deal with it, he grumbled and took Gabriel’s arm again, dragging him to the van and opening the passenger side. “Get in and buckle up.” Gabriel climbed in the van and sat, buckling himself in and holding Neil in his lap. He turned to watch Orion get in and turn on the engine, three other engines joining in. He placed his arm out the window, did a twirl of his wrist and then they were off.

 


 

The ride itself was slow and Gabriel had fallen asleep in the van with several others in the backseat who took turns holding Neil when the pup got anxious. Driving and still hiding his burning rage, Orion stared at the road and casually at his rear view mirror to see the other three vans following leisurely behind him on the highway. He put on some music and chatter began to sound behind him, leaving an awkward silence in the front seat. He was pulled out of his thoughts when someone spoke.

“Alpha, could we stop to eat?” Orion glanced back at the young man and gave a smile.

“Yeah, we’ll stop at the next rest area.” Grabbing his van’s radio, he radioed the others. “Drivers, Alpha. Next rest stop is a food break. Everyone on their toes, there will be humans.”

“Alpha, Beta. Loud and clear.

“Alpha, Delta. I’ll make sure the pups know.”

“Alpha, Gamma. I’ll move ahead to prepare.” As the responses came, Orion watched one of the vans speed ahead, seeing a wave from the eldest female as she passed him. He gave a chuckle and looked at Gabriel who had also given a soft giggle. He had to look back at the highway but continued to glance at Gabriel until the teen looked at him. It was only for a moment and then it was gone.

Orion had pulled in and the three people that travelled with the supplies were already setting up. A few of the wolves decided to stay as their alters, but the majority of the pack stayed as their human forms. Orion parked and got out, watching as Gabriel did the same, holding Neil warmly in his arms. Orion went to him and the boy just stared at the ground.

“Stay close to the pack….don’t wonder ok?” Gabriel gave a nod and the adult left, leaving the kid alone. Gabriel watched as the pack began setting up more, seeing how outside people glanced at their large gathering. He decided it must look strange to some but walking to a nearby bench, he bent over and let Neil play in the soft grass. He sat down to watch the pup bound over to where the others were let off, noticing how the pup sitters had stayed as their wolf forms. He was lost in his own thoughts until he heard a throat clear, looking back to see a teenage girl.

“Hi there! Are those your dogs?” she asked, moving and sitting right next to Gabriel. Gabriel blushed a little and swallowed.

“Umm, yeah,” he said, unsure how to actually word it. She gave him a giggle and held out her hand.

“I’m Ashley!” Gabriel gave a slight wince at her high-pitched voice but smiled the best he could despite his shitty feelings. He took her hand and she excitingly shook his hand. Gabriel was able to pull away when one of the pups came back and Ashley bent down to pick him up. It was odd, but at once Gabriel felt over protective as his chest tightened. Looking over at the adult wolves he noticed their still bodies. Was he feeling what they were when she had picked up the pup? He turned back, noticing how she gave it a kiss on the nose and the puppy’s tail wagged happily. It was then he felt the feeling flow away from him and it became almost breathable again. ‘That was strange’ He thought to himself as Ashley placed the puppy down so it could continue to play. “So I noticed you coming from that large group of people. What are you guys travelling for?” she asked; her smile purely curious and going along with the questions she dished out. Gabriel rubbed his head, slightly loosing himself when his fingers grazed his scar.

“Well, uh...”

“Gabriel!” Gabriel all but stiffened and twisted his body to see who had yelled his name. Orion was stalking over to the teen and Gabriel began shrinking where he sat. Ashley noticed it and eyed the man who walked over to them. Orion stopped and eyed the girl and then noticed another man making his way over. Orion turned to see the blond haired blue-eyed man.

“Ashley, what have I told you about running off?” Gabriel turned to see the young man, possibly right out of high school. Orion stood up a bit more at attention. The young man looked at Orion. “Sorry about my sister. She really likes animals.”Orion smiled and Gabriel turned to see it, and didn’t find it fake at all.

“No worries.” Orion’s eyes went to Gabriel. “Make sure the dogs stay in this area, and the puppies.” Gabriel could hear how the word was emphasize and glanced over to see if the other guy caught it. His brows seemed to rise slightly but the girl was completely oblivious to it.

“I will help! I can play with them right?”

“Ashley!” The older brother scolded. Orion gave a slight wave.

“I’m sure Gabriel will appreciate the help.” Gabriel glared at Orion for a moment before the man gave his own warning glare back and then leaving once again. Ashley squealed happily.

“Yay! See Tommy! I can help!” She jumped up to go play with the puppies who joyfully complied with their new playmate. Gabriel turned back around and sighed, sitting there. The other guy came over.

“You don’t mind do you?” Gabriel turned back to look at him, getting lost in those deep blue eyes.

“Oh...no…I don’t mind.” Tommy smiled.

“Ok, you can come get me if it gets too much. I’m over there.” The brother pointed where a large group of students were, Gabriel leaning back to see them.

“Ok. Thanks,” Gabriel said with a fake smile, as the young man walked away. The teen gave a sigh and looked back at Ashley playing with the puppies, the two sitters coming to his side to sit next to him. Gabriel got comfort as his hand rested on the top of one of their heads, the soft fur beneath his fingers tips making him remember the days when Tristan would sit with him. Gabriel slowly moved down to sit with them. The wolves felt their Jarkla’s depression and gave soft whimpers. Gabriel pulled them to himself, resting on one and holding the other. His eyes at half-mast, barely focused on the human girl with the pups, he enjoyed the moments with the wolves. Comfort settled deep in his system and he proceeded to dream.

 

I felt someone knocking on my head. Groaning I looked up to see Amaya looking at me.

“Morning Sunshine.” She gave a smile. I rolled my eyes and gave a sigh. She frowned at me. “So he’s moving the pack. What happened?” I looked away from her.

“You don’t want to know...” She frowned and sat next to me.

“What’s wrong?” I shrugged. I never wanted to talk about it, never wanted to deal with it. But how could I tell her. What would I ask in the first place since my world now revolved around being this savior, this key?

“Amaya…if our purpose is to just bring peace to Werewolves and a voice for animals, then how come it always starts in wars?” My eyes studied her.

“Well…that’s a very good question. War always seems to stir the pot. People fight over what they want. You are what they want.” I looked away from her.

“But why is it just alphas that want me. I don’t understand. Why doesn’t anyone else stand up for me?”

“Because it’s an alpha thing. Gabriel, you’ve seen Orion’s size, he’s huge as a wolf, and even larger as a werewolf. They are capable of protecting you easier than another.” When she mentioned that, I turned to her again, my eyes creased.

“But, Tristan, he was small…” I heard her giggle softly.

“He’s a training alpha. His father is alpha now but as the eldest son, he will surpass his father and become alpha.” Now I understood it. Just a bit more than before. But it was still confusion.

“…Amaya…how does the bonding work? What has to happen?”My voice was a whisper. Amaya moved closer, wrapping her arm around me.

“Well, when you first accept someone, the bond is small but it’s there. It helps you survive things that would normally kill. Like that scar on your head? If you weren’t bonded with Tristan when that happened, you’d be dead.” My hand quickly went back, feeling the scar there. I would have been dead?

“What about when you have to make the bond official? You know, to get the markings and everything?” I asked her, my head not moving but my eyes looking for hers.

“Sugar coated or bluntly?” She asked with a tilt of her head. I looked at her.

“Uh...you pick.” She sighed but looked at me with a straight face.

“It’s sex.” I quickly got up, shoving her away from me.

“I can’t do it. I can’t go through with this.” Amaya stood, frowning at me.

“Gabriel, you must. By the age of 18 you must bond with your guardian or you will suffer.”

“No! I’m not going to!”

“What are you so afraid of?” Amaya whispered when I screamed at her. I didn’t say anything, just looked away. She only frowned at me and began to walk away. I knelt down and held my head in my hands. There was no way I could do it. I couldn’t do it with either one of them. It wasn’t right…was it?

kinda a cliff hanger...yes..and random human interaction!
2018, Carmen Lovett; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..