Jump to content
    Palantir
  • Author
  • 7,033 Words
  • 4,823 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bright Blue - 1. Bright Blue Complete

Bather Boys. Bright Blue.

***

"Daniel. Jeremy's on his way up."

The intercom squawked and Daniel dived for his jocks and lay on the bed pretending he'd been reading one of his Doctor Who novels. The door opened and Daniel's best friend smiled at him.

"Hi, Shrimp. Reading about two headed monsters again?"

"Hi, Jer. This is one of the best ones, about the Daleks."

"The what?"

"The Daleks. You know.

Ex -- term -- in – ate!

Ex -- term -- in – ate!

We will Ex -- term -- in -- ate you!"

Jeremy slipped his shirt off and headed towards Daniel with an evil look on his face.

"You're the one who's going to be exterminated. Are you ready to di,e Shrimp?"

"No way ... Jelly guts."

"What?"

"Jelly-guts."

"That's a new one."

"I know. It's good isn't it? 100% accuracy in one word."

"Ha. You'll pay for it."

"I don't see how. Did you bring an army with you?"

"The only army I'd need for you would be Tasha."

This was a very good insult because Tasha was Jeremy's little sister, and only five years old. Daniel was actually quite strong and wiry but he was no match for Jeremy who was a year older, much bigger, and way, way stronger.

Jeremy pounced on Daniel and for five minutes they had their friendly wrestle. It happened every night without fail, and Daniel looked forward to this little ritual with special anticipation. Jeremy always acted as if he was being beaten then he'd use one of the favourite phrases that Daniel had explained to him like, "Here comes Popeye", or, "God give me strength", and Daniel would be tossed around like a little minnow.

Tonight it was, "I'm getting angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." And in a moment Daniel was pinned on his back, with Jeremy sitting on his stomach, and his arms held under Jeremy's knees. Jeremy had it worked out to a fine art. He could control Daniel without hurting him and still have his hands free to do whatever he liked.

"Okay. Who's the Jelly-guts now?"

With a funny shivery feeling Daniel made the expected reply.

"You are."

Jeremy's fingers poked into Daniel stomach and gave him goosebumps.

"Who?"

"You."

The tickling and poking started. Daniel squirmed and laughed and the tingly feeling that he enjoyed so much, went all over him, as Jeremy took charge. For four or five minutes Jeremy would tickle and poke, and even sometimes make gentle pinches, till it was established that he was the boss, then they'd both relax and the pattern of questions and orders would start, just like tonight.

"Okay. Who's the Jelly-guts now?"

"I am."

"Whereabouts?"

"Just near my bellybutton."

This meant a poke and a tickle to that area and Daniel would wait for Jeremy to ask the same question again.

"Anywhere else?"

"On my side."

Another tickle and poke.

"Who's a little shrimp?"

"I am."

"Who's the strong muscly one?"

"You are."

"Who's my best friend?"

"I am."

"Who's your best friend?"

"You are."

"Why do you like me?"

"Um. Because you gave me an ice cream this afternoon?"

This was a handful of fingers and a poke into Daniel's stomach.

"Because you're so strong."

"Why do I like you?"

"I don't know."

Sometimes this answer meant more tickles, but tonight it meant that Jeremy leant down and whispered in his ear.

"Because you're the best person in the whole world."

Daniel felt a glow go through him every time Jeremy said this, and usually that was the end of their wrestling. Not to night though, and Daniel wondered what was going on.

"Now, Shrimp. You can't move till you tell me what you're getting me for my birthday."

It was Jeremy's birthday on Friday and it was a big deal for both of them.

"I can't tell you."

Jeremy put his hands on Daniel's chest.

"I'll torture you."

Daniel smiled up at him.

"I'm getting you two things, but ones a secret."

"What's the first one then?"

"A digital camera."

Blue eyes stared down at dark brown eyes in astonishment.

"I don't believe you."

Daniel smiled back and Jeremy knew he meant it.

"But you can't afford it. Did the your dad send you some money?"

"No. I've been saving up for over six months, ever since you started saying how good they are."

The Daniel saw the look on Jeremy's face and knew it had all been worth it. Then he nearly got squished to death from a giant hug and he felt even better.

"Shrimp, I don't know what to say. I thought your mum couldn't give you your usual pocket money when you stopped having your ice creams and drinks on the way home from school but you were doing it for me all that time?"

"Yep."

"And all the lawn mowing?"

"Yep."

Jeremy looked at Daniel for a moment and then put out his hand and held it against his cheek. A thrill flashed through Daniel and he knew they were closer than ever.

"I don't know Daniel. You're just a shrimp aren't you?"

Daniel reacted strongly whenever anyone stirred him about being short but he loved it when Jeremy called him a shrimp. It was their own special word. No one else in the world knew about it and that was just the way Daniel liked it.

Jeremy wanted to know more about the camera but Daniel said he'd have to wait till his birthday.

"What's the second thing?"

"I said it's a secret."

"Oh ... A real secret?"

"Yep."

"When will I find out?"

Brown eyes looked into blue this time.

"On Saturday. We'll go to our special place in the afternoon."

"Wow! Really?"

"Yep."

Jeremy stayed for tea, and then they did their homework together before he went home at about half-past eight.

On Friday evening there was all the excitement of Jeremy's birthday celebrations. Daniel's mum always went to these occasions. She loved the busy atmosphere, and the friendship with Jeremy's parents meant a great deal to her.

For six years now, Jeremy and Daniel had been inseparable, the two mums often joking that they felt like they had twins, and the families were firmly linked. Jeremy's two younger brothers, Brian and Josh, were a bit high, and cheeky little Tasha was all over everyone.

Daniel watched with happiness as Jeremy was treated like a hero. Somehow, his dad Graham, made everyone feel special, and tonight Jeremy was glowing. They had to blow the candles out twice because Tasha couldn't miss a turn, and then everyone watched Jeremy's face as he opened his presents. He gave a big hug to everyone after he'd opened their gift, and Daniel's heart started beating faster as it came to his turn. Graham made a little speech about how proud everyone was of Jeremy, and then they played some party games for about an hour.

It was funny how Jeremy won them all, but everyone knew that was the rule on birthdays.

After saying goodnight, Daniel and his mum started the ten minute walk home. He slipped his arm through his mum's and they set off. Most of the kids at school would think this was very uncool but Daniel didn't think about it at all. Jeremy might have the best dad in the world but he knew he had the best mum, and they had lots of special times together like this.

***

Jeremy arrived with his backpack the next day at about two o'clock in the afternoon. Because he was now sixteen and so responsible, they'd been able to persuade their folks to let them camp out for the night. It was only a bit over half an hour's walk to their special spot, but Jeremy still had to take his mum's mobile phone, with strict instructions to ring in the evening and on Sunday morning at ten o'clock. The fact that Jeremy's parents had given him a good two-man hiking tent for his birthday had helped the afternoon outing to grow, and it had now turned into an even more special event since they weren't expected home till about four o'clock the next day. It took an hour of organising food and planning before they set out at about three o'clock.

After hiking to the edge of town they followed an overgrown road for a kilometre, walked across an open paddock, climbed a fence at the sixth post from the corner, then made their way through some scrub and trees for a hundred metres, till they reached the bank of a creek. Thirty metres downstream was their special place. They'd found it two years ago one time when they were exploring, and now it was theirs. The water from the creek flowed over the rocks and dropped half a metre into a pool that was well over their heads then gradually became shallower, till after nearly twenty metres it was not much higher than their ankles. The bottom was sandy and one side was like a little beach. Further up the bank was a grassy patch where they would set up the tent. After dropping the packs, the first task was to check for any signs that someone had been there. So far they'd never seen any, and today was no different.

The magic was still alive.

Jeremy sat on the grass next to his pack and, starting to undo the clips, said he wanted to show Daniel something. In two seconds Daniel was on his back laughing, with Jeremy sitting on him.

"Okay. Shrimp. We're here now, so you're not moving till you show me this secret. I've been wondering about it all day but I knew you wouldn't tell me."

Daniel laughed again.

"I've forgotten what it was."

This meant a few minutes of tummy tickles till he remembered.

"It's in my pack. In the side pocket."

Jeremy reached for the pack, dragged it close, undid the side pocket and pulled out a small wrapped package.

"For Jeremy and Shrimp. Is this for both of us?"

"Yes. I hope you don't mind Jer. I'm scared you mightn't like them."

"Shrimp, if they're from you then I'll like them. Can I open it?"

Daniel nodded and watched a bit nervously as the package was torn open and the bright blue garments held up.

"Are they jocks?"

"No way. They're proper racing speedos."

"Boy! They're not much different to jocks are they? I wonder if I'll fit into them? Come on. Let's put them on."

Daniel watched as Jeremy stripped off and stepped into the speedos.

"Come on, Shrimp. You have to wear them too."

Daniel quickly put his on and they examined each other. It was a bit of an experience because no one wore this kind of bathers at school. Daniel was really pleased with his, and besides feeling good he thought they looked great as well. Jeremy adjusted himself a few times.

"I never thought I'd be wearing these. Now I know why they call them dick togs."

Daniel got a bit worried at this.

"You don't have to wear them anywhere else, Jer. They can be our secret."

Jeremy laughed at him.

"Shrimp, I'll wear them everywhere. We'll be the terrible twins and it won't be long before everyone else copies us. Anyhow, I really like them."

He adjusted himself again.

"I'll have to get used to them though. Everything stands out so much."

Daniel grinned.

"You're getting big."

"You are too, Shrimp. So no cheek. Come on. It's time to try them out."

They were both hot from hiking with their packs in the heat of the afternoon and the water felt cool as they first went in, but in moments they were used to it and for half an hour they enjoyed the repertoire of activities they'd built up.

There was diving and jumping from the rocks and they had competitions to see who could go the furthest underwater. Jeremy always won but Daniel was getting better because he practised whenever he went swimming. They always had their wrestling games and trying to tip each other over and there was the piggyback game too, where the one being carried had control of where you went exploring. Daniel liked this because when they were in the water Jeremy wasn't too heavy. They stopped because Daniel remembered the sunscreen they hadn't put on and back at the packs the new tent took over all their interest. They worked out how to put it up, organised their gear inside, and climbed in to try it out. There was plenty of room and they arranged it so that the zip fly opened to let them look out at the creek. They both agreed it was just about the best tent in the world.

The next activity was a new one. Jeremy had carried an inflatable air mattress and once it was blown up they wore themselves out pushing each other off, trying to stand up, jumping on it from the rocks and whatever else they could think of. They nearly died from laughter when they tried to both sit on it and paddle round because it would either tip them off the ends or it would bend down in the middle and they'd be tangled together. It was about six o'clock and they were starving so it was back to the packs for a big chunk of fruitcake, made by Daniel's mum. They finished this then sat in the tent.

"Hey, Shrimp. We haven't had a story yet. Have you got one ready?"

Daniel always had one ready. This was another of their special rituals and it had been going for a couple of years now. Daniel had told stories for as long as he could remember and Jeremy loved listening to them.

One-time Daniel had complained because Jeremy was always sitting on him and why couldn't it be the other way round.

"Well that's because I'm too strong for you of course. But I don't mind as long as you pay for it."

"Pay for it? How?"

"Well if you make up a story just for me then it's all right."

Daniel loved feeling like he was the boss for a while and made up many stories.

Like so many things between them a structure built up that they always followed and it meant that Jeremy had to ask for the story. Daniel would sit on Jeremy's stomach with his knees bent exactly the way Jeremy did for the tickle times, except that Jeremy's arms were free. He could tickle or poke Jeremy occasionally, but not enough to be a big interruption to the story, and at the end Jeremy always had a little trick to make Daniel lean forward so that he could grab him for a thank-you hug. If they weren't doing anything else afterwards, Jeremy would bend his legs up and Daniel would use them as a backrest while they talked about other things.

Jeremy rolled on his back and Daniel felt that tingly feeling as he settled in place. Wearing the speedos meant a lot more bare skin was in contact then usual and Daniel felt himself tighten down there.

"What's the story about this time?"

"It's about Dr Daniel and his famous assistant Jer-ay-me."

"Why was he famous?"

"He wasn't at the start. But by the end of the story he won the intergalactic hero award."

"What's that?"

"Well once every 10,000 years they search all the galaxies for the bravest and strongest hero and this time he was the one."

Daniel's latest series of stories all had the Doctor and his assistant. The Doctor was a very short person who was a genius with all sorts of clever ideas, and could make amazing inventions out of almost anything. His assistant was always strong and brave and saved the doctor's life at least three or four times in each story.

Today's story went for about fifteen minutes, and by the end of it the whole universe was protected, when Jer-ay-me fought the two headed Jelly-guts monster to death with the only weapon that had ever been able to hurt it - a weapon invented in five minutes by Dr Daniel of course. Jeremy laughed and listened raptly and at the end he made the very serious observation that Dr Daniel and Jer-ay-me were really good partners and should always stay together.

"Hey, Shrimp. I think I've got something in my eye. Can you see anything?"

Daniel leaned forward and Jeremy's arms went round to hold him tight. They kept holding him, which meant that Jeremy wanted to say something.

"That was a good story."

"It must have been. You laughed a lot"

"Thanks for the speedos. I really like them, Shrimp. They feel good."

Daniel was getting really nervous. He'd stayed kind of tight all the time he'd been telling the story but now that his speedos were being pressed against Jeremy stomach the tingly feeling was stronger and he felt himself get hard. This was scary. What would Jeremy think if he found out? Daniel lifted himself away from Jeremy so that his speedos weren't quite touching but it didn't work because Jeremy must have thought he was trying to escape and pulled him back even tighter with a laugh.

"You can't get away from me, Shrimp. Do you know what we have to do next? We haven't worked out the digital camera yet."

As soon as he was released Daniel rolled onto his stomach and watched as Jeremy reached into his pack for the camera box. He thought he was safe but then he saw Jeremy grinning at him.

"You've got a woody haven't you?"

Daniel went red as, and his mind wouldn't work.

"Ha ha! I thought I could feel it. Let's have a look."

Daniel stared at him but didn't move so Jeremy flipped him over. The irresistible force met the reluctant but easily movable body. Life was ending. He'd have to go and hide somewhere. Jeremy looked down at the incriminating evidence with an interested look on his face.

"Hey. That's a good one. You've been getting them lately haven't you?"

Daniel couldn't possibly answer that and he stared at Jeremy with embarrassment and worry.

"It's all right, Shrimp. You'll get them all the time now that you've started. I get them too you know. Now. Are you going to read the manual?"

Daniel couldn't believe what he was hearing. That was it? Was that what it meant to be sixteen? You could talk about stuff like that so easily?

When Jeremy let him go he arranged part of the sheet around his middle, and a feeling of relief washed through him as he took the manual.

This was another special thing they had between them.They always shared the fun of a new present. Jeremy would never have dreamed of putting up his new tent without Daniel to help him and their parents had learned that neither would open any gift unless the other was there to join in. In this case it was Daniel's job to read the manual and work out all the buttons and dials, then they'd go through it together till they both knew how to use it properly. The excitement level was fantastic as they switched it on and saw the changing images on the LCD screen.

Jeremy had to take the first picture and it had to be Daniel's smiling face. They both looked in awe at the frozen image and then it was Daniel's turn to take one of Jeremy.

"Three megapixel's means it's pretty good doesn't it?"

Daniel had made it a secret project to research all he could about the cameras so he'd be able to choose which one to buy and knew what all the terms meant.

"It means it makes three million little dots and that's better than your computer screen can show."

"Really? Wow. Better than those wallpapers that dad has on ours at home?"

"Yes. But you have to take good photos to make them look that good."

"I'll learn about that next year. I'm going to do photography for my options subject."

"It's good because it won't cost you anything to buy film all the time, and you can take as many photos as you like."

"How many does it hold?"

"This one's got a memory card that holds about fifty pictures, but if we put it off this high setting it will hold 100, and if we put it on low it will hold 300."

"Hey. It's gone black."

"That's to save the battery. If you don't use it for a while it turns itself off."

"How come you know all this? We've only just opened it."

"I read it in the photography shop. I think I drove the man mad because I read all the manuals."

They decided to put it on the 100 shot setting and take 50 now, and 50 the next day. This involved them for the next hour as they talked about nearly every shot and modelled for each other with the air mattress and diving, silly faces, the new tent and the new speedos, and they were really pleased with a double shot of Daniel being carried piggyback when they worked out the self timer gadget. They stopped because they'd used up the 50 shots, it was time for tea, and the sun was close to setting. They tidied things up and got their tea out ready to eat. Jeremy used the mobile phone and they called both their homes to tell them they were still alive.

"Yes. Everything's alright dad."

Jeremy handed the phone to Daniel. Daniel said they'd been bitten by a snake and Jeremy fell out of a tree and broke his leg then a flood marooned them on an island with some cannibals. He looked at Jeremy and grinned.

"He just said he hoped something exciting happens."

Daniel couldn't tell a story like that to his mum. He knew she'd worry all night if he talked about snakes or broken legs so he just said they'd had a great time swimming and were about to start their tea.

They were going to sit on the air mattress so they wouldn't get any crumbs on their sleeping gear but a few mozzies appeared and they went into the tent anyhow. They ate all the sandwiches they'd prepared plus the whole apple pie that Daniel's mum had made for them and watched as the sunset turned the sky a brilliant red. It was really beautiful and Daniel watched the creek light up with reflections. A campfire would have been great but with all the hot weather there were strict fire restrictions which put it way off-limits. They talked in the tent about their own stuff for quite awhile. Jeremy said last night had been great, but coming here with Daniel had made it feel like the most special birthday ever.

"I still can't believe you've given me the camera, Shrimp. It feels a bit funny because it's kind of a grown-up present. I could learn to be a photographer with it you know. Do you think I could be a photographer?"

"Of course you could, Jer. You'd be good at it."

"I think I'll try real hard next year to see if I would. You'll help me won't you?"

"You try hard at everything, Jer. I don't know how you do it. I bet we can make you can get top marks. Okay?"

Daniel felt Jeremy's hand rest on his cheek for a few seconds. It was a little habit that he'd had for years and no one knew where he'd got it from.

"You're the one who makes me shrimp. I wouldn't get anywhere without you."

Daniel gave Jeremy a poke in the ribs because he wanted to change the subject. They both laughed and looked out through the fly screen. There was a glimmer of light on the water. Daniel unzipped the fly enough to poke his head out.

"Hey, Jer. Look at this."

They unzipped the fly completely, and kneeling next to each other, gazed at the view. The sun had completely gone except for a remnant of glow, and the stars were twinkling above. On the other side of the sky a giant moon was just clearing the treetops and as they watched it the bushes, grass and water seemed to light up with a haze of silver light. Jeremy's shoulder felt warm and Daniel pressed lightly against it as they watched quietly.

"Wow! Do you think God is giving us a present, Daniel?"

Daniel didn't really know whether he believed in God or not, but there was something amazing about it. Jeremy climbed out of the tent and made his way to the water's edge, looking back in expectation for Daniel to follow. When Daniel reached the creek Jeremy was standing in water up to his ankles and waiting with a grin on his face.

"The water's okay. I'm going in. Are you game?"

"I guess."

Jeremy moved out of the water and, to Daniel's surprise, slipped the speedos off and looked at him.

"Come on. I've always wondered what it would be like to skinny dip."

Daniel's pulse raced a bit but he was quite eager to try this too.The lack of full light somehow made things easier and in a moment the second pair of speedos was lying on the sand. They stared at each other and turned towards the water, realising that they'd been caught looking to see how the other was built, but feeling okay because they'd both had the same instinct. Beside each other they moved to the deeper water, Jeremy laughing and gasping as it reached his middle.

"It's brass monkey time."

He ducked under and came up turning towards Daniel. Daniel could never make up his mind whether it was better to get in quickly or slowly but being splashed was worse than either so he ducked under till just his head was out. Two big yells echoed across the water and then they were okay. They dived under, but not much because it was so black, and had a couple of splashing fights. Jeremy headed for the rocks because he wanted to see what diving felt like in the dark. Daniel joined him and they dived together for mutual support. It was quite scary in a good sort of way and the water rushing freely over his body as he was gliding along was an interesting sensation. Two more dives were enough and they went back to the part where you could stand up, with Jeremy being the leader in all this. After some wrestling and trying to tip each other over Jeremy decided it was time for the exploring game.

"Come on, Shrimp. On my back. I want to see what this is like in the dark."

This was awkward but Daniel jumped on, holding Jeremy's shoulders and clasping his legs round his tummy. After the exploring game there was more laughter as Jeremy did a shipwreck survivor act, heading for the shallow water till he could crawl up the beach with Daniel sitting on his back and then collapse safe from the sharks, reefs and pounding waves.

"I've saved your life again, Daniel. How will you pay me back?"

"Anything. You hero."

"Good. Then grab the towel so we can dry off."

Jeremy picked up the speedos and when they reached the tent he tucked them into one of the nifty little pockets inside. Daniel dried himself and watched as Jeremy did the same. Was he going to get a pair of jocks? Daniel had planned on wearing the speedos to bed but Jeremy just scrambled straight into the tent.

"What are you going to wear, Jer?"

"I'm not. I want to see what it's like because Dad makes me where PJs all the time. He says it's because Tasha likes to climb in my bed in the mornings but I don't think that's fair because he doesn't, and I know you like it."

Daniel did like it but he didn't know how Jeremy knew.

"I sprung you couple of times when you slept in late. Remember. So get your butt in here."

They talked for a while and discovered they had to tie open the fly of the tent because it was so hot with no air flowing through. This was neat because now they could lie there and look outside again.

"Hey, Shrimp. Think how many first times I've had today.

First time in my new tent.

First time using my digital camera.

First time I've been swimming in the dark.

First time wearing speedos.

First time for skinny dipping."

He started laughing.

"There's another one too."

"What?"

"First time I've seen you with a big woody."

Daniel didn't know if he wanted to hear about this or not so he gave Jeremy a poke in the side and pulled the sheet off him.

"This is my sheet, Jelly-guts."

Jeremy sat up and looked at him.

"You can't call me Jelly-guts. You've already used it. Now give me my share of the sheet."

"I'm sorry, Jer. I'll never call you Jelly-guts again."

"That's better."

"I meant to say Sponge-bum."

Jeremy dived on Daniel and squished him flat.

"What?"

"Sponge-bum."

"That is so gross. You're going to die."

Daniel was surprised now because he'd expected some tickles and pokes but instead Jeremy started wrestling him. Was he really going ahead when they had no clothes on? He was acting as if it was no different to normal. For a few minutes Daniel was winning, with Jeremy on his side and begging for mercy, but then the change came and he sat up.

"That's better. I think the kryptonite is wearing off."

Strong arms rolled Daniel onto his back and in moments he was effortlessly pinned with Jeremy sitting on his stomach.

"Now, Shrimp. Who's a Sponge-bum?"

Daniel's heart pounded and he shrieked as his tummy was tickle tortured.

"I am, Jer. I am."

"And where are you spongy?"

"On my stomach."

Daniel wanted to finish quickly because he was tingling again and things were starting to happen. It was much scarier too because he didn't even have the speedos on. Jeremy tickled Daniel's tummy then released his hands but didn't move off. He was going to stay there?

"Shrimp. I think our speedos are cool but why did you get them?"

"I thought they'd be different, and if we both had the same it would be special between us."

"Well it is special. I said we'd be the terrible twins didn't I? But is that all?"

Daniel wondered if Jeremy could read his mind sometimes.

"You're so strong, Jer. And you're so big. I think you're like a hero you know. You're so good at all your sports and everyone likes you so much. All the superheros wear things like speedos and I wanted to see you like that. That's all right isn't it?"

"Of course it is. I feel good when you think I'm your hero. You like looking at me don't you?"

This was a funny question but Daniel was getting panicky because he was pressing against Jeremy where he didn't want to.

"Yes. Jer, can you climb off? I'm getting a bit uncomfortable."

"Is it because you're getting another woody?"

"Um. Yes."

"Well don't worry about it. I'm staying here for a while. Shrimp, you'd like to touch me wouldn't you?"

Daniel didn't say anything but he felt like crying.

"Shrimp. You have to answer me. This is our special place and we promised to always be truthful when we're here. Didn't we?"

Daniel felt lost and hopeless but, no matter what, he couldn't break their promise. This wouldn't be their special place any more if he did and somehow he knew that it wouldn't be the same between them either.

"Yes, Jer. We did. But I'm scared to answer because you might stop liking me."

"Is that your funny way of saying yes? Because that's the answer I'd like. I wouldn't ever stop liking you whatever you said, Shrimp. I have to tell the truth too, you know, and if you ask me the same thing I'll say yes."

"Yes, Jer."

Daniel felt Jeremy's hand touch his cheek for a few seconds.

"Your woody went down when you got scared didn't it?"

Daniel was quiet and Jeremy laughed again.

"Come on. We have to tell the truth to each other."

"Yes."

"Good. Now give me your hand."

Daniel sat up and felt Jeremy grab his hand.

"Hold it on my cheek for a moment. No one ever does that to me and I always wonder what it feels like. Hmm. It's nice. Now put your hand on my tummy and move it a bit."

Daniel felt the smooth skin and then the muscles all went hard as rock.

"There. I tightened them up for you. What was that like?"

"Wow! That's awesome."

"Okay. Further down Shrimp."

"I'm scared Jer."

" So am I, but it's alright."

Daniel still didn't move even though he wanted to, and it wasn't till Jeremy's firm hand moved his own down that he felt warm, soft, flesh under his fingers.

"Leave your hand there, Shrimp."

Daniel's heart was pounding in his chest and he couldn't believe what was happening. Everything was suddenly so different. Excitement and nervousness mingled together as the tingling feeling built-up more than ever and he once again felt himself pressing against Jeremy. The flesh under his hand was changing too and he heard Jeremy's voice.

"I want you to hold me now, Shrimp. Please."

Daniel lightly curled his fingers around the strange, hard tube, which now felt strong like Jeremy's tummy muscles, and he heard Jeremy make a funny little moaning sound.

"Is it all right, Jer?"

"It's such a strong feeling, Shrimp. That's all. Stay there won't you."

Daniel left his hand where it was and then started to move it just a little bit but whenever he did Jeremy would make the little moaning noise again. Suddenly it felt funny instead of scary as he realised he could make Jeremy moan. He made a couple more movements and a squeeze and it worked perfectly. He relaxed as this now turned into a kind of game.

Jeremy leaned down against him for a hug. It was a different kind of hug because Daniel could feel the hard part of Jeremy pressing into his hand and tummy at the same time.

"It's your turn now, Shrimp. Sit on me like we do for the stories."

Jeremy rolled away and lay on his back and once again everything was scary and exciting. Daniel moved into place feeling very awkward and conscious of his woody and he could feel Jeremy poking against him as well.

"Tell me when you're ready, Shrimp."

"Whenever you like, Jer."

"It's all right isn't it?"

"I'm still scared."

"I'm not.

And with that Jeremy's fingers took hold and it felt like a fire or something was rushing through him. Jeremy wasn't as nervous as Daniel and he eagerly started exploring. Daniel understood why Jeremy had been moaning and suddenly he had to grab his hand away.

"I don't want you to stop, Jer. But I don't think I can stand it. You've made me so hard I think I'm going to burst."

Jeremy made his funny laugh.

"That's all right, Shrimp. We'll do that too. When you're ready for it."

Daniel knew what Jeremy meant but it was too much to contemplate and it went out of his mind as Jeremy tipped him over to the side and he had more to think about.

"Hey, Shrimp. Can you give me a hug?"

"Sure."

"A 16th birthday hug? A special first-time hug?

They were always hugging and Daniel loved the sense of belonging he had when Jeremy wrapped him in his strong grip. This time it was the same, but different.

The belonging part was the same. It was the two woodies pressing together that Daniel had to get used to. Jeremy started talking about ordinary stuff, which was kind of bewildering, and after a while Daniel realised that this hug wasn't going to stop for ages. Occasionally Jeremy would ask if he was all right and sometimes he would roll one way so that Daniel was half on top and then the other.

Gradually Daniel relaxed more and more as the feeling grew on him that not only did his hero want him as his friend, but that those other bits down there wanted him too, for something new. He started to glow with happiness and a feeling of pure enjoyment swept over him. Daniel made little pressures with his woody to tell Jeremy how nice this wa, and felt similar movements and pressures returned. Every now and again Jeremy's hand would check Daniel's woody and Daniel did the same. It already felt so natural that Daniel wondered why he'd been nervous. Daniel moved so that he was half on top and lifted his head to look at his friend.

"Jer, how come you started all this stuff tonight?"

Jeremy's arms tightened and relaxed.

"Well, little Shrimp. I've been working out what to do for a while now but I knew it was the right time when I put the speedos on and you were looking at me. Then when you got your big woody I had to."

"How come?"

"I have to tell the truth don't I?"

Daniel looked at him and nodded.

"I'm scared, Daniel."

Daniel couldn't even answer this. It didn't fit into the way his world worked.

"Next year will be our last year together and it has to be perfect so you'll always remember me."

"What are you talking about?"

Happiness had changed to fear with one sentence from Jeremy.

"You'll be going away to university, Daniel, and I won't be able to come with you."

"Yes. You will."

"You have to be truthful, Daniel. You know I couldn't. I couldn't even get through our school if you didn't help me all the time. I wish I was clever like you but you know I'm not."

"Being clever doesn't mean that much, Jer."

"It does when you're not one of the clever ones."

Daniel started crying.

"We'll always be friend's, Jer. Won't we?"

"Don't cry, Shrimp. Of course we will. It's the times when we won't be together that I'm scared about.Who will help me work things out?"

"Everybody likes you, Jer. You'll always have lots of friends because you're so special."

"No I'm not, Shrimp. You're the only one I'm really special for except mum and dad. The other's couldn't understand me like you do. You're the special one because my dad says so and I don't know anyone who can tell stories like you."

Daniel's head whirled. He knew how much Jeremy worried about getting a job when he thought everyone was better than him and now he was saying he knew that Daniel was too clever to stay with him as well. It was too much to bear and Daniel couldn't understand how Jeremy was brave enough to even think about it. His hand reached out and touched Jeremy on the cheek.

"Don't be scared, Jer. We'll work it out. Okay?"

They lay quietly for a time.

"Jer, how did that fit in with the speedos?"

"I think our wrestling and our stories are our special times, Shrimp, and I was scared you might stop if you were worried about getting a woody with me. If you found out I liked you getting them then it wouldn't matter."

There was another quiet time and Daniel snuggled thoughtfully against his hero who'd saved them once again.

"Jer, come with me."

Daniel led the way to the little sandy beach. His heart started to sing as he faced the person he knew he wasn't brave enough to be without.

"Jer, this is our special place and if I say something it has to be true. I don't want us ever to forget it so we'll be a bit different. You put one hand on my cheek and hold my woody with the other and I'll do the same to you.

See that moon up there, Jer? I promise you that while it's still shining I'll always stay with you. It doesn't matter what anyone else in the whole world says, we're never going to be apart. You are the one who was clever enough to tell me that Dr Daniel and Jer-ay-me were such good partners they should always be together."

Deep blue eyes glinted in the moonlight and stared into the darkest of brown.

"I'll never, ever forget, Shrimp. And if I say it back to you then I'll never have to be scared again will I?"

The moon shone down on the two silver bodies and Daniel listened to a promise that he knew would never be broken.

***

The door of the apartment opened and Daniel looked up from his novel.

"Hi, Shrimp. Is that another one of your fantasy books?"

"Hi, Jer. Yep, I'm running out of ideas for our story."

Jeremy laughed. How could Daniel ever run out of ideas?

"I missed you at the studio today."

"Was it very busy?"

"It was flat out, and I had to go through that wedding portfolio after everyone left. That's why I'm so late."

"Well, Jer. I booked up four new clients for you, and interviewed two new people who want to be on your model's list so you'll be even busier soon. I know it's a bit late but I've put our speedos and towels out in case we go for our swim."

Blue eyes glanced at brown and a smile lit up Jeremy's face.

"Not tonight Shrimp. After I've had some tea I want to hear a story and then show you who's boss before we go to sleep."

The End.

Copyright © 2011 Palantir; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

This is definitely a lovely story about how just because you're young doesn't mean you don't know what always means. The awkward teenage moments made me smile and the ending was just right, a good blend of just enough future information to know how it turns out but a good repitition of the events when they were teens to make it blend seamlessly. I have to say one thing though, a good photographer can never see a spectacular sunset or landscape photo opportunity without at least wishing they could take a picture! Though as it was his first day with a camera I suppose he might not have gotten bitten by the camera enthusiast bug yet. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm so happy that you are here and giving us your stories. This is a wonderful one and made me feel so happy. I need these lighthearted stories to keep my spirits up and this one did the trick and so much more.The element of nature was there again, hope you'll be using it even your coming stories, which btw I'm already fantacising about... I was kinda scared about the possibility of sharks when the boys went swimming at night time, but that's just me, with a shark fobia (and there is no sharks here in Finland, lol).I loved how the boys relationship grow naturally from friendship to love, childhood to the steps of adulthood. I don't remember being this excited about a new author in a long while. and I've read tons of good stories lately! You have rocked my world and went straight to the top list of my favs!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/02/2011 04:59 AM, Cia said:
This is definitely a lovely story about how just because you're young doesn't mean you don't know what always means. The awkward teenage moments made me smile and the ending was just right, a good blend of just enough future information to know how it turns out but a good repitition of the events when they were teens to make it blend seamlessly. I have to say one thing though, a good photographer can never see a spectacular sunset or landscape photo opportunity without at least wishing they could take a picture! Though as it was his first day with a camera I suppose he might not have gotten bitten by the camera enthusiast bug yet. :P
Thanks again Cia. It's great that you enjoyed the story. Lol. - I think the depth of the feelings being expressed might have overtaken the excitement of the new camera.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/02/2011 08:31 AM, Marzipan said:
I'm so happy that you are here and giving us your stories. This is a wonderful one and made me feel so happy. I need these lighthearted stories to keep my spirits up and this one did the trick and so much more.The element of nature was there again, hope you'll be using it even your coming stories, which btw I'm already fantacising about... I was kinda scared about the possibility of sharks when the boys went swimming at night time, but that's just me, with a shark fobia (and there is no sharks here in Finland, lol).I loved how the boys relationship grow naturally from friendship to love, childhood to the steps of adulthood. I don't remember being this excited about a new author in a long while. and I've read tons of good stories lately! You have rocked my world and went straight to the top list of my favs!
What a kind review. It certainly put a smile on my face. I'm glad you thought it was wonderful - that fits with my own opinion that it's one of my better stories. I don't quite agree so much that it's light-hearted - maybe in the style - but it's really a treatment of commitment between an intelligent, rather sensitive boy and his slightly intellectually handicapped friend and how their differences helped needs in each other.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

WOW, another story. It seems I am reading them in the wrong order, but they stand alone so... This really made for an enjoyable read. I smiled practically the entire way through it. In particular, I liked the way both boys interacted. To me it seemed they had a really solid friendship and that is such a beautiful thing. :) Now, all I can say is: must read more of your stuff. It's great, keep it coming. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/05/2011 07:33 PM, AnytaSunday said:
WOW, another story. It seems I am reading them in the wrong order, but they stand alone so... This really made for an enjoyable read. I smiled practically the entire way through it. In particular, I liked the way both boys interacted. To me it seemed they had a really solid friendship and that is such a beautiful thing. :) Now, all I can say is: must read more of your stuff. It's great, keep it coming. :D
'Smiled practically the entire way through', -well, that sure made me smile. :) There's no order at all, just the fact that there is more than one story with the Cozzie Theme. -I've made it a theme in case I get inspired to write another cozzie story at some stage. More stuff! - yes, it's coming. The first 4 chapters of a big one is in peer review at the moment. - and hopefully some of that smiling will be transformed into laughs at the crazy antics described.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am so glad I found this story. It is a great way to start a new week. The boys interactions were funny, sweet, but you could also feel that underlying chemistry. Great job :great:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/03/2013 10:21 AM, joann414 said:
I am so glad I found this story. It is a great way to start a new week. The boys interactions were funny, sweet, but you could also feel that underlying chemistry. Great job :great:
It's always a delight to hear that someone's had a moment of enjoyment.

Interestingly (very), every review for BB has been from a lady of renown.

Thanks for your review.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..