Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 943 Words
  • 1,201 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tsunami - 5. Tsu Chapter 5

When there was a knock on the door of my hotel suite, I had totally forgotten that Kyle would be arriving some-time this evening, I had fed the boys and finally managed to get them to sleep, after telling them that their mother and older brothers were badly injured in an accident and that they are in hospital, this was very upsetting for them, and it took a while to get them to settle down, and eventually to sleep.

As I opened the door, I stared at the man in front of me, I was quite shocked as he looked just like a younger version of my father, when I finally realised that it was Kyle that was standing in front of me, I smiled and opened my arms for a big long hug, it was so great to see my brother again, after such a long time.

We hugged for what seemed like a long time before we broke off and I invited Kyle inside, I offered my brother a drink, which he declined before sitting down on the lounge, and we started to chat like we had only seen each other just yesterday.

Our conversation was interrupted at about midnight with the sound of crying coming from the bedroom, and I jumped up and made my way in to see why both boys were crying, and I noticed Kyle quietly watching at the doorway as I changed the boys nappies and gave them a drink bottle each, and they were soon fast asleep again, we I sat down on the lounge again, Kyle said he was very tired and needed some sleep, and telling me that he had a room on the same floor, he said good night and made his way to his suite.

The next morning, the boys woke up at about 6am, which was a usual wake up time for them, and after another nappy change, the boys started to play, while I ordered some breakfast.

Just as I put the phone down, there was a knock on the door, and when I opened it, there was Kyle with a big smile on his face, “Breakfast is served sir” he said as he grabbed a trolley from behind the wall and wheeled it into the room.

When Kyle saw the confused look on my face, he laughed and said that the kitchen has been asked to ignore any breakfast order that I may have ordered, and I chuckled as I thought how great it was to be with his older brother again, and suddenly remembered the boys, Keegan, Rhain, this is your Uncle Kyle, come and say hello to him, and come and eat as breakfast has arrived. The boys went racing up to Kyle and gave him a big warm hug, before going to the table.

I laughed and told Kyle that breakfast was their favorite meal, Kyle smiled and started to serve out the breakfast to the boys; on warm plates he served scrambled eggs, toast, sausages and bacon, to the boys first before serving out the same to me and himself.

After breakfast, the boys continued to play in the lounge room floor, while Kyle and I remained at the dining table, so we could talk. Kyle wanted me to stay at the hotel and look after the boys and he would go out and try and find out some more information on what is happening in the rescue efforts in Kuala Kedah, and that he would be staying if necessary to get some results on what happened to Mei Ling and the two older boys, Boyden and Grady.

Reluctantly I agreed to Kyle’s suggestion, and I gave Kyle my new mobile phone number, and Kyle said he would be securing a Satellite phone today, so they can keep in touch.

Half an hour later I received a short phone call from Kyle to tell me his Sat Phone number, and to say that he has been able to charter a small helicopter to do an aerial survey of the Kuala Kedah area, and see if he can be dropped off and assist with rescuing people, while searching to Mei and the boys.

For most of the day, I sat by the pool watching the boys in the paddle pool, enjoying the cool water, which was helping to provide relief from the very humid conditions, we had lunch back at the hotel suite and a short nap before the boys returned to the pool, and at just over one year old they were both starting to dog paddle and were able stay afloat, which was a good start for learning to swim.

While having lunch I received a call from Kyle to say that he was on the ground in Kuala Kedah, and from the air it looks really bad, and from the ground it is very hard to get around all of the rubble of trees, vehicles, and destroyed houses.

Kyle told me that all government buildings including the small medical clinic were totally destroyed, and there are a lot of women and children just wondering around looking very lost.

So far from what he had gathered, there were a lot of tourists on the beach at the time of the tsunami, and nearly all of them were killed by the giant waves, and all the cars that were in the car park near the beach had been pushed back inland by nearly half a kilometer. Kyle ensured me that he would keep on looking, and that he would be back in the hotel before dark, and he hung up the phone.

Copyright March 2018 All Rights are Reserved Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It’s great that Kyle was able to get a small helicopter to take him to do an ariel search of Kuala Kedah, once Kyle was on the ground he found out that all of the government buildings were destroyed by the giant waves as was the medical clinic. Kyle also found out that most of the tourists who were on the beach when the tsunami hit were killed and the cars that were parked in the car park were pushed back about half a kilometer. Kyle was going to help with the rescue efforts and he was going to continue to search for Mei and the two boys and would be back by dark to the hotel. I think it’s very kind of Kyle to do all of this for Lukin who he hadn’t seen in eight years, the only thing Kyle asked Lukin was that he stay at the hotel with the twins and he would call him every so often to let him know what was happening. This was another great chapter. I’m hoping that Kyle will find Mei and the boys alive and then he can take them back to the hotel with him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..