Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 862 Words
  • 3,102 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Wellstead - 21. WSD Chapter 21

Final Chapter

Over the next few hours, we drove along the main access track that circles the island, stopping to look at allthe beach alcoves on the way, with discussions on if it was suitable for fishing, snorkelling or swimming, and we finished our journey at the main resort building, located not far from the grass airfield runway. As we entered the restaurant, we were personally greeted by the head waiter, who somehow knew all of our names, and he showed us to a table set for four and handed us a lunch menu.

After we had enjoyed a wonderful lunch, we went to the reception desk to get a detailed map of the island, which gives all the names of the beaches, shows all of the main access tracks available for the guests, and suggestions on which beaches are best suited for each activity available on the island.

Once back in the buggy, we explored the golf course, and even went up to the top of the hill, that gives us a wonder view of the whole island, including the well-hidden staff living quarters, located at the back behind the main house, where the staff have their own private beach to relax at on their days off.

By the end of the afternoon, we were all exhausted from all of the exploring, and we returned to the main house to have a shower, before having barbequed steaks and fresh salad for dinner, with me doing the main cooking on the barbeque located on the side veranda facing to the west, where we could watch a magnificent sunset.

The boys chased each other around the veranda for a while after dinner, as Emm and I sat on the verandalistening to crickets and birds in the tropical forest, which seemed to be coming alive with new sounds starting up as the light from the sunset faded away. Eventually we returned indoors to escape the few pesky mosquitoes that decided to start annoying us, and we played some board games for a while, till the twins started to show signs of falling asleep.

With the boys tucked in bed, we also a made our way to our room, and we soon drifted off to sleep with only sweet dreams during the night. The following day, we took the boys down to the main resort, to try out a game of golf, and it was quite an adventure trying to teach the twins the ins and outs of how to play golf, resulting in loosing count of how many golf balls that we had managed to lose in the forest.

After another delicious lunch at the restaurant, we went for a paddle in some kayaks that were made available for us, and the coral reef made it easy to paddle a fair way out, and we stopped to watch all the fish swimming around us in the crystal-clear waters, once back on the beach, we traded the kayaks for snorkelling gear, and we went out into the lagoon to have a closer look at the many varieties of fish swimming in the lagoon, which the twins were amazed at.

Returning to the main house at about 4pm, the twins showered and changed into fresh clothes, and after not hearing them moving around for a while, Emm went looking for them and found both of them fast asleep on one of their beds.

The twins woke up and appeared as soon as they smelt the cooking of food; Emm had made a fruit salad for deserts, which would include ice cream, as well as a tossed salad to have with our grilled fish and potatoes. After we had completed dinner and washed the dishes, the boys chose a book each from the book shelf and sat down to read, Emm and I sat and watched them for a while, before we also grabbed a book each to read, which made an enjoyable end to a great day on the island.

The next morning before anyone else was up, I contacted the real estate agent in Noumea, and finalised the purchase of the island, with Frank Hills having already set aside some money to be transferred, as soon as I gave the go ahead with the purchase. Once I was done with business, I began to prepare a large celebration breakfast, with a variety of juices, cereal, raisin toast, pancakes and fresh fruit, and I had almost completed everything when Emm and the twins appeared.

“Wow, what is the big occasion” Emm said as he looked at the huge pile of food and drinks on the kitchen table, and I smiled and was about to reply when the twins spoke up. “We wish we could stay here all the time, this is way better than Magnetic Island, there is so much to explore and do” they said together, which made me laugh a little before looking up to Emmanuel who nodded his approval of the idea.

“Funny that you say that guys, because...” I didn’t have to finish the sentence as Emm caught on what I was trying to announce. “You spoil me and the twins too much Mr, and I love you for it”

 

The End

 
Copyright May 2017 Preston Wigglesworth, All Rights are Reserved
  • Like 24
  • Love 9
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

An extremely brief chapter and ending. It was a nice story and could have been longer.

 

.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I love happy endings.  It’s so rare in life, so being able to see our “friends” living happily ever after in this story brings a smile to my face.  Thank you for such a beautiful story!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Somehow I was expecting the island to be the one from NB New Direction.  Since Huon's death I thought perhaps Kyle or Sabastian decided to sell it.  

 

Thanks for another great story. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

B).................. Happy for them all, I'm not sure I would want to retire on an island even as magnificent as it is.  But nice ending!!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Sort of an abrupt ending to a very detailed and exciting story, I appreciate the happy ever after ending and look forward to your next story.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..