Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,379 Words
  • 4,123 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 29. Chapter 29

Seth and went back up to our sons.

“I don’t remember him,” Seth said softly, as tired as I was from our long few days.

“He said he was an associate,” I said taking my vigil by Dennis. “You don’t know of what, do you?”

Seth sat in the rocker, taking Toby with him and began rocking with him. “No. But knowing Arthur, I don’t think anything is impossible.”

It was another two days before the fever finally abated. Thoughts of Candor were the last things on our minds. I almost cried as Toby started to stir and move around. I think I did. Then Dennis came to and looked at Seth.

“’uice?” He asked Seth.

“I’ll get you some juice!” Seth picked up Dennis happily, kissing the head of our son and hugging him. Seth was crying, with joy! “I’ll squeeze the whole damned vineyard myself!”

Then Toby signed to me. Dad, your face is hairy.

I nodded with a laugh. “It is! I haven’t shaved.” I covered our son with kisses.

 

Royal Valley lost six children. That was a miracle! It could have been so much worse! It was in other towns. It seemed that Blethos as a whole got hit with the measles and it was transmitted across almost all the towns. A guard from Blethos capital came in to check on us as our crisis was at an end.

The mayor sent for Seth and me and we came with our two boys. When we arrived, I recognized Matt, in his mid-twenties and blonde, the poor man. He was a guard that had accompanied Sam and Terry before.

“You weathered this alright?” Matt asked, but glad to see us.

I nodded. “It came and went.” I held up Toby. “They both got it, but are fine now.”

Matt nodded with a smile. “We’re still counting the losses in Blethos’ capital.” Then he waved my next question he knew would be asked. “King Samuel and Queen Theresa are fine. Both the prince and princess is fine.”

Seth sighed with relief. “Good.”

Matt nodded. “We’re probably going to hit a thousand in Blethos capital. Maybe more. How many here?”

“Six,” Keith answered.

“Six?” Matt’s eyes widened. “Just six? Not six hundred? Are you sure? That’s all!? How’d you do that?”

Keith grinned, slapping me on the back. “Well, a lot of help from A’Dore. Ice and steam.” Then he leaned toward me and whispered. “Do I need to know where the ice kept coming from?”

“God?” I grinned at him. “Fairies?” Then shrugged. “Just pick one.”

Keith nodded. “Okay.” Then he just smiled and didn’t press me for any clarity further. I knew I liked him. “The deaths were children, unfortunately, but they were the first ones diagnosed, so…we couldn’t intervene in time.”

Matt shook his head. “That’s incredible!” He grinned. “Any other treatments or cures from A’Dore?” He smiled at me.

“I’ll let you know when needed.”

Matt smiled nodding. “Please do.” He looked around. “Well, I need to find the Inn again.” But the way he said it, and the look he gave Seth and me, he didn’t really want that. The blue eyes that darted toward Seth and me said he was hoping we’d invite him.

Seth grinned with a chuckle. “You want a hot bath? And maybe a good meal?”

Matt grinned, then put on this innocent look. “Oh, I wouldn’t think of imposing or…”

“Of course you would!” Seth laughed at him. “Climb down and walk with us to the manor. You’re more than welcome.”

Matt swung his leg over and slid down. “If you really don’t mind.” He said one last time.

“Shut up.” Seth laughed, putting an arm around the man’s shoulder.

“Shutting up.” Matt nodded with a smile. Then looked down at Toby who was holding his Daddy’s hand, but was looking at Matt in his light armor. “Hi, Little Man!” Matt greeted and like most here, he knew Toby was deaf and knelt down. “Remember me?” The Toby nodded and started signing. Matt looked up at Seth.

Seth was grinning at what he saw. “He said you came with Aunt Terry and Uncle Sam.” Then he and I laughed at what came after that.

“He says, he’s not a little man, he is a little boy.” I chuckled.

Matt smiled at Toby. “Are you kidding!? You’ve grown since I last saw you! You’ll be a man next week!” Then he stood, but Toby was still signing. “I need to learn to sign.” He said to Seth and me.

Seth nodded at Toby. “He wants to know what you’re wearing.” Then Seth nodded. “You were more casually dressed last time.”

Matt nodded. “Well, I’m a guard for your Uncle Sam. This is what I wear doing that. It protects me.” He tapped on his breastplate. “It’s hard. Feel.” Toby put his hand on the breastplate. Then Matt put his hand on the breastplate over the red cross on white and lions. “On it is the symbol for Blethos. Telling everyone who I work for. And this tells people I work for the palace.” Then he pulled his sheath over. “In here is where I keep my sword.”

Now Toby was signing more. Seth reached down to stop him. “Later. You can ask him those questions later. We should go home first.” Toby was disappointed but nodded.

Matt chuckled. “What can I say? I’m a fascinating guy.” He shrugged.

Seth frowned. “They have hot baths at the inn now.” He growled. “You want to go there?” But the smile at the end told Matt he was joking.

Matt shrugged again.

I walked over to Keith. “The man that you followed is named Candor. He came to the manor during the measles outbreak demanding Arthur owed him money as was to be paid by us. Ever hear about him by name?”

Keith shook his head. “Can't’ say I did.” Then he shrugged. “I was new during the last few years in Thorne Valley before it became Royal Valley. I wasn’t in the know then.” He smiled, then frowned. “Was he trouble?”

“No.” I shook my head. “You know we can defend ourselves, but just because he wasn’t trouble, doesn’t mean he won’t be.”

“I’ll let the others know,” Keith told me and turned to go back in his office.

That’s when I spotted a wagon I knew with three passengers I knew. Bent smiled as Garth pulled the wagon to a stop.

“Bent! Garth!” I greeted, making Seth stop and look back. He handed Toby’s hand to Matt and signed for Toby to stay with Matt.

Bent sighed seeing Toby and Dennis. He got down. “Good, your boys are okay.”

Garth walked over with his eight-year-old son. “We were worried about Royal Valley. And you two.”

Quick hugs to each and they hugged us. I nodded. “We had it, but it’s over for us. Your other two." I pointed at their son who looked fine.

Garth nodded. “He got it, the others had it before during the last outbreak….what…” he looked at Bent. “…was it eight years ago? It was touch and go with him. But our youngest got this time but that treatment you gave us saved the day. I worried we’d lose Ely when he got it.” He patted his son’s shoulder. “He was so young.”

"Steam and ice!" Bent said. "We both were sweating from the steam and keeping her cool at the same time. Boy, was that a challenge!"

Seth chuckled. "We know."

“I know the fear now.” I nodded understanding. I smiled at Dennis who was taking it all in. “I thought we might lose them both.” Then I grinned at them. “Other than that, how is it with you two?”

Bent grinned whispering to me. “That man’s a maniac.” He chuckled. “A real maniac.” I smiled at Bent.

I watched Garth begin to turn pink. “Oh, and I suppose you didn’t like it.” I nodded at Bent.

Bent held his hands up, shaking his head. “I didn’t say that, but the kids!”

I laughed at him. “You have a door, right?” Bent nodded. “Keep it closed.” Looking at Ely. “And maybe locked.”

Ely looked at his father and Bent. “You guys are talking about sex.”

Garth frowned. “Aw, please son, give me a couple of more years, okay?”

Ely, who was the spitting image of Garth, shrugged. “Okay, Dad, I’m willing to give you and Dad-Bent suggestions now, but if you’d feel better hearing it a couple of years, fine.” Then he grinned at his father whose mouth was open in shock.

Then Garth narrowed his eyes at Bent. “He must get this mouth from you!” But you saw him smiling.

Bent sighed nodding. “God, I hope so.” He grinned as Garth came over kissing him.

“My room’s next door to yours. Thin walls, Dad.” Ely said smiling explaining.

That’s when Dennis let them all know he was here and liked what was happening as he squealed. Not the kiss necessarily, but all this interaction. I laughed at them as Seth hugged our friends.

“So, it’s good?” Seth asked them.

Garth nodded, putting his arm around Bent. “Very good.” He waved to Toby. “Hello, Toby.” Who waved back. Then Garth brought Seth and me in for a tighter hug. “Thanks, guys. For the advice and friendship.”

“And we insist you being friends,” Seth said. “We should plan a night when you and your whole family can come to the manor for dinner one night. And as you live out of town, you can stay the night.”

Bent grinned. “We’d like that.” Then his eye narrowed. “If Grace cooks.”

I looked mockingly offended. “I can cook!”

Seth shook his head. “I can’t.”

Bent grinned. “Can you cook, Erik? I’ve never had yours, Grace’s I have.” Then he looked serious again. “Really, you two did so much. For Royal Valley and Blethos. You got King Samuel to take the law off the books that allowed Garth and me to even date, much less marry. If you hadn’t, Garth and I might never have gotten together. You’ve improved the winery and wines and all the lives in Royal Valley. Thank you.” He hugged me and Seth again.

I nodded. “I’m glad things worked out. We’ll be in touch.” I waved and walked back to Matt who was holding Toby up to sit on his horse.

“Another happy couple in Royal Valley.” Seth kissed me as we got to Matt and Toby. He was signing to anyone that looked. Seth chuckled. “He wants to ride back.” He walked over as we headed back, Seth and Matt making sure Toby was secure in the huge saddle. Well, it was for Toby. The horse was huge but didn’t seem to mind giving the ride. Most likely because Toby weighed so much less than Matt.

Matt walked into the house and inhaled. “It seems it was a very good thing you invited me to stay the night.” He grinned at us. “Something smells very good.”

Seth nodded. “Your lucky day.” We headed to the kitchen. We didn’t often eat anything but breakfast and lunch in here, but…

Grace looked up as she saw Matt. “Hello. Another mouth.” She smiled. “It’s a good thing I make plenty. There should be enough pot roast for everyone.”

I slipped Dennis in his highchair, then walked over and kissed Grace on the cheek. “And we’re so glad you take good care of us.”

“We’d starve if you didn’t.” Seth nodded, doing the same and kissed Grace on the cheek. He looked back at Matt. “You remember Matt? He came a couple of times with my brother and Terry.”

Grace nodded. “I do. Welcome to the manor.” She looked at the table. “Should I move the table settings to the dining room?”

Matt looked at her surprised. “Am I a guest? I think I’ve been here enough to be a friend. I hope I am. I was a guard when Seth was king. We’ve known each other a few years now.”

Grace nodded. “I’ll set a plate for you here then.”

Seth was already getting it. “I got it covered.”

Then Seth and I were looking at our two boys. Toby was signing to Dennis. Then Dennis signed back! His fingers weren’t in the exact places, but it was understandable to Toby. Even Matt was looking astonished.

“Your youngest can sign!?” Matt asked in disbelief.

I smiled. “Well, Toby has used sign language in front of Dennis since Dennis was born.” I shrugged. “Dennis was bound to pick it up.” Then I looked at Seth. “But he’s signing something I don’t know. Did you teach Toby something?”

Seth shook his head. “No. But they’re brothers, it must be a sign Toby recognizes. See Toby was nodding. It might be a brother language.”

“’uice!” Dennis stated to any and everyone.

Matt’s eyes widened again. “Did he just say something?”

I nodded. “He’s asking for juice.” I chuckled. “There are certain letters he hasn’t mastered the pronunciation of yet.”

Matt sat at a place at the table looking at Dennis in amazement. “He’s what….seven months old!”

Seth chuckled. “Eight now. But Erik tells me, Dennis doesn’t know he can’t speak yet, so he does.”

I nodded. “And he knows what he’s saying.”

Matt shook his head, then looked at me and Seth. “My little girl was a year and a half before she spoke enough to make sense.”

Grace frowned at Matt who was turning to begin to eat. “No, you can’t eat yet.” She said to all of us strictly. “You know the rules.”

Seth nodded. “Yes, we know.” He smiled at Matt. “She wants us to wash our hands first.” He grinned at Grace. “We’re going, Mom.” Seth thumbed behind himself. “There’s a bathroom over here that’s connected to the tank for the kitchen. The water’s always hot. I’ll show you.”

The time we spent with Matt was nice. He was a good man. I liked that he and Seth were friends. They got along well and were at ease with each other. I ended the evening for the boys and me by putting them to bed. Then went in a lit the hot water tank in our bathroom. But Seth didn’t come up until after I had bathed and was in bed. Seth did come up later, took his bath and then crawled in next to me.

“You disappeared,” Seth said quietly.

I rolled over and smiled at Seth. “Baby, it was late. I needed to take care of the boys. You and Matt were enjoying yourselves, why stop it?”

Seth frowned. “Is that it?” His tone suggested otherwise. “You know he loves his wife.”

Now I frowned. “Is that what you’re worried about?” I sat up. “Seth, it never occurred to me to worry you’d ever have an affair with anyone.” But I looked in his eyes. “Are you tempted?”

Seth shook his head. “Of course not. But I don’t want you to think I am…Matt’s a good looking man, but we knew each other so long…”

I kissed Seth in the middle of his sentence, long and ended it gently. “The fact you and Matt are friends doesn’t bother me. I like that you do. You’re a likable man, so is Matt. If you ever did have an affair, I couldn’t stop you. I hope you won’t, but I don’t own your body or heart.”

Seth shook his head. “But you do. You know that.” He smiled. “We have many friends, together. Matt and I just…well, we get along.” He shrugged.

“Are you worried I might have an affair?” I asked, but Seth’s eyes lowered. I sat up. “You are!”

Seth gave one of his shrugging nods. “Well…I can’t help it!” He waved over me. “Look at you! You’re gorgeous. There are all sorts of people that would love to have an affair with you. Almost all the women and half the men! The other half of men probably considered it.”

I rolled on top of him, pinning his hands down near his head. “Have I ever given you a reason to doubt me? Like you told me, I love you, damn it! You are the only person I’ve ever been with and will ever be with. We have a family! You are the love of my life! How could you ever think I would ever cheat on you?” Again, Seth was looking away. “Look at me!”

Seth looked, sighed and took a deep breath. “You’re tired of hearing it, but…I was ugly so long! No one wanted me until you came around. I was scarred! And a part of me thinks of myself as cursed!” He shook his head. “I know that doesn’t make sense, but I do!”

This confession hurt me. It would take more than a few years of a good marriage to undo the two decades of Arthur’s treatment of Seth, and the opinion Seth had of himself. “Aw, Seth. You are not cursed. You were never ugly to me. You know that.” I laughed. “You may have kissed me first, but I was thinking about it before you did.” I lowered myself on top of him. “You were and are the most perfect man to me.” I ran a hand over his chest. “You’re kind, smart and was always DAMNED good looking. And you still are!”

Seth smiled but looked away again. “No, I wa…”

“Don’t interrupt me!” I commanded only half an inch from his face. “And look at me!”

Seth’s eyes came back to me. I saw the hurt there.

“I love you. You are everything I ever wanted, and will ever want. We have a phenomenal life! You and me. We make love almost daily! And I like it! A lot! Don’t you ever doubt that! No one could ever tempt me. Not ever!”

Seth smiled bigger. “It’s just ingrained in me. I can’t help it.”

I nodded. “I’ll work on that.” I grinned pulling my nightshirt off. “I love you. I love that you more than willingly make love to me. I love that you let me make love to you, and like it!”

Seth chuckled. “I do indeed.” He nodded.

“I’m willing to show you as often as needed.” I kissed him deeply, lingering in the kiss as I tried to pass my desire for him in the kiss. “I love you, Seth.” I reached down and pulled his nightshirt up. “I desire you. Only you.” Then I shrugged. “And Matt’s blonde.” Seth laughed knowing I didn’t care for them, sexually. “And you’re not.” My lips traced his jaw, then I lowered myself over his black hair covered chest. “And hairy.” I smiled, inhaling Seth’s musk. My mouth took a nipple I nipped making Seth give a little sound of intense sensation, all good. Then into his armpit. But I knew, the strongest of Seth’s male scent was farther down. Seth moaned as I stuck my tongue in the hairs of his armpit and made my way down his sensitive side, over his stomach, and down the goodytrail to his pubes. There I inhaled deeply, taking his musky good smell in me, making my manhood that was already stiff, even harder. We both knew each other’s body and our bodies knew the other and the response was instant. He was already rock hard, now strained for me. With practiced ease, I took him in my mouth, this time taking my time as I slowly brought him closer to shooting and he was clutching the sides of my head, pulling himself even deeper, if that were possible. Then with a grunt from Seth, he shot deep in my throat. I came up, kissing my way up to kiss him deeply again.

“I do love you,” Seth said softly. “My husband.” Then he raised his legs. “Make love to me,” Seth told me.

“I always have loved you.” I nodded. “I’ll gladly show you how much.” And I did, slowly and luxuriously I entered him, facing him as we did love. Deep kissing as I did until I could hold back no longer and released that love deep inside my husband

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Dennis is very young, but kids learn languages best when they are around six or younger. And basic, simplified sign language is probably easier than many sounds for very young children. Besides, everyone else in the family is bilingual, why not Dennis too?

 

But stop – this is a fffairytale!

Link to comment
On 12/05/2016 07:00 PM, droughtquake said:

Dennis is very young, but kids learn languages best when they are around six or younger. And basic, simplified sign language is probably easier than many sounds for very young children. Besides, everyone else in the family is bilingual, why not Dennis too?

 

But stop – this is a fffairytale!

I got that from twin language and seeing babies that learned to sign very early. They could sign when they couldn't say the words. And the boys are close, so why not?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

@R. Eric, Seth made one huge mistake in this chapter though, you should never grab a hearing impaired persons hands to prevent them from signing! It’s just like covering someone’s mouth with your hand to gag them! It’s incredibly rude!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..