Jump to content
    Randomness
  • Author
  • 2,299 Words
  • 812 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Without a Manual - 3. Change is Permanent

The house was all but silent.

Nate wasn‘t home yet, he would be soon. We could snuggle up and watch a movie or talk or go for a walk and come home then snuggle again. A quiet, peaceful evening for us. Regular life.

Jeff had returned to living at his own home a few weeks ago. Now, this past week, he had not come over at all, too busy. I missed his large, continuous presence. Even when he had been kicked down, he was so full of life, love, and affection. He made Nate and I feel so alive.

Of course, for me, it didn’t hurt that they both liked to walk around with as little on as possible. Jeff did wear more than Nate, but that was not hard to do. More than once, I had pretended to be on my laptop, working, when I had really been watching the two of them lounging half naked around the house. It was like my own private internet spy cam show, only without the camera.

I had benefited in other ways. Nate and I had become more inspired again. This fact was not lost on Nate, who had taken full advantage and teased me about it whenever he could. Extra touches here and there had become the new-normal. We had even played footsie while we had talked to Jeff at dinner. I blushed just thinking about it. It was almost like dating and the beginning, so very long ago.

I looked back at my laptop and felt uninspired. The edits I had been making didn’t seem right. I opened the back-up file to check the original.
I had been working from the wrong draft again.

I slammed the lid down.

Hannibal rolled his eyes open to stare at me.

“Yeah, yeah.”

He jumped down, stretched and walked out of the room slowly and deliberately. If he had hands, he probably would have been giving me the finger too.

“Not good enough for you am I?” I called after him.

I powered up and re-logged in. I had to find out how much needed to be re-re-corrected.

The last days had brought us back to our old-normal routines. That was not a bad thing. Nate and I cuddled and loved as we always had before, like the regular times, before, when we were living alone. The ‘fun’ factor had changed again however. Maybe doing ‘it’ quietly because someone else was in the house had made ‘it’ more fun. Maybe nudging Nate’s crotch with my foot under the table while he talked made me feel naughty. Maybe I was just a pervert who wanted to almost, but not really, get caught. We were safe enough in case we did. A few blushes and we could all more on.

The house was all but silent.

I had work to do. No one here to distract me, this should have been easy.

I had gone into publishing because I liked the peace. Jeff had gone into teaching, he liked the activity. Great professions for two English majors. Words were still our friends; no wonder we still got on so well. I was one side of the coin and he the other.

The door to the garage opened and closed.

“How is my little man?” Nate called loudly from the laundry area, his voice dripped affection.

“Just because you are slightly taller, does not make me your little man.” I called back feeling warm and loved.

Nate came around the corner with Hannibal in his arms. “What’d you say?”

“Nothing.” Too late, the air had been taken out of my sails. Hannibal looked extremely pleased with himself. “How was your day?”

He walked through the kitchen.

“Not bad. Busy. New regulations, more meetings. I think we might have to lay off a few people in a few months. The rest of us will have to pick up the slack. Two years ago all over again.” He leaned down and kissed my cheek. I could hear Hannibal purr. “Yours?”

“Tricky. Been on this one solid all afternoon. Still not finished.”

“Yikes.”

“Eh. Same shit, different day.”

“Yeah.” He set Hannibal down on the sofa. “Jeff texted. He has a surprise for us.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, no…”

Nate laughed. “No not that!”

“Oh, thank God.” I could not take another boyfriend, too soon, too soon.

“Something to show us.”

I exhaled. “When did he text?”

“An hour or so ago. You start dinner yet?”

“Not yet.” The writing on my screen was an absolute mess.

“Let’s go out.” He crossed back behind me.

“Good. I could use the distraction.” I leaned my head back onto his stomach. He rubbed my shoulders. He was the perfect distraction.

“I thought you would like the peace and quiet?”

“I do, but sometimes its fun to listen and watch.”

“Ha! I always knew you were a voyeur.”

I laughed.

“Tell me I’m wrong.” His eyes crinkled at the edges in that adorable way.

“Jackass.“ I chuckled. “That‘s not the point. Besides… I can only imagine what you have in your browser history.” I actually did know. We had laughed when he had shown me what was in his stored favorites that time. We had laughed even harder going though mine, well, the ones I had let him see anyway. The rest of the night had been an extremely fun and pleasurable exploration.

“I am going to get changed, pick someplace, then when he gets here, we can go.” He kissed my hair and headed out through the kitchen. His pants were already sliding down his hips as he walked. Hannibal chased after him.

I stretched and sat back in my chair. Life was good, even if it were quiet at the moment. Nate and I understood each other perfectly. We had a comfortable home, a few extra bucks, and good friends. The peaceful times were good. A breath in the wind. Being with people was fun too. A gust or two of excitement. Nate kept me from being a hermit and he wouldn’t let me sit on the sidelines too long. He kept me young, well at least younger, maybe back into my thirties.

I looked back at my screen. This ridiculousness would have to wait. Time to go out into life, not sit here and read about it. I didn’t even bother to hit save before shutting down.

I straightened up nothing in particular while I waited. Nate came down the stairs and into the kitchen. He walked over and kissed me. I hugged him. He strummed my back and we stood in silence a few moments. He kissed me again and we crossed to sit on the couch and flipped on the TV.

I heard Nate’s stomach growl just before the doorbell rang. I squeezed his hand before I got up and went to the front door. Jeff was jumpy with excitement. He wore a huge silly grin and carried a small bag.

“Nate’s in the family room.”

“Cool.” He skipped past and I shut the door. He tugged at me. I chuckled and followed through to the back of the house.

“What’s up?” Nate shut off the TV.

Jeff danced into the middle of the room. I flopped down into a chair to await the show. Jeff was trying to hold back. We waited. We knew he couldn’t stand it for long.

“I got a tattoo!” Jeff finally burst out.

“You what?!” Nate practically shouted.

Jeff turned red. I couldn’t breathe for trying not to laugh. The shock on Nate’s face vs. Jeff’s naughty smile was priceless.

“I got a tattoo.” Jeff grinned wider.

Nate shook his head.

I gestured with my hands and managed to choke out: “Come on then.”

He dropped his bag on the end table and slowly and deliberately began to unbutton his pants. He started to gyrate his hips in a silly imitation of a stripper.

I burst out laughing. “Shit! You didn’t! Not your ass!”

He shook his head and giggled.

“Oh, no!” Nate cried.

Jeff threw his head back and let out a roar of laughter. He began zipping up again.

“Oh thank God you didn’t wreck that cute butt…” I chuckled.

“Or cock!” Nate exclaimed. We both looked at him and all three of us howled.

“Here…” He pulled his shirt gently over his head and turned around. A beautiful rainbow flag on his upper shoulder blade.

“Very cool.”

“Thanks. Nate?” He twisted to show him.

Nate eyed it cautiously. “It looks puffy.” He pouted.

“It’s still new Jackass. It should be fine soon.” I glanced at Jeff. “Right?”

“That’s what they said. Anyway, for now I have to keep putting lotion on it. Keep it soft.” He pulled a bottle out of his bag and tossed it to me.

“Come on.” He backed up and I began a gentle lathering. I turned to Nate. “You want to feel it?”
“Hell no. I’ll wait for it to heal.” Hannibal crept in, rubbed on Jeff’s leg, and went over to Nate. He picked him up and scratched his chin and head.

“Why’d you get it?” Nate asked cautiously.

“I was out with Dale and Todd and we were talking. I like Todd’s American flag. One thing led to another and we ended up at Todd’s guy.” He shrugged. “You should see his new one. An eagle right here…” he pointed above his left breast. “But don’t say anything, I think he wanted to show you himself.”

“Anything to take his shirt off,” Nate smiled.

I giggled. “What’s your excuse?”

“Around here…” He waved his hand around the house. “Not out in public.”

Jeff laughed.

I heard Nate‘s stomach growl again. “Do you want to have dinner tonight? We can wait if you still need to hit the gym.” I handed the bottle back.

“Skipping it today.” He carefully pulled his shirt back on. “Food does sound good though.” Nate’s expression brightened. He was hungry.

“No workout?” I ventured.

“Nah, cutting back a little. I really don’t need to go all the time, besides, they are raising the membership fees again. I was thinking of quitting altogether.”

Nate and I looked at each other. I had always thought the gym was more important to him than that. Odd.

“Testing myself about how much I need to go I guess. We’ll see over the next few months, before the renewal. After that, well, there is always the weight-room at the school.”

I shrugged. “You could always rejoin if you need to.”

“Exactly. Lots of people don‘t go. People who probably should.” He suddenly blushed and looked down quickly. Mouth before brain.

“Are you calling us fat?!” Nate couldn’t hide the smile and crinkled eyes, as he jumped up.

Jeff laughed and backed up a little. “Nooo…”

Nate ran over and grabbed him.

“Ow… my back… my back…”

Nate immediately let go.

I chuckled at the multiple ‘ouches’ laced into his laughter between them.

“You know what I mean. For your health…” Jeff pleaded and reddened deeper.

“Too late. No dessert for you!”

* * *

Jeff sat on the floor between my legs. I slathered more lotion on his back. Hannibal sat between Jeff’s legs and purred loudly for all the petting and rubbing.

“Thanks. It’s much easier when you do it.”

“No problem.”

We had been a watching a documentary, Nate was lightly snoring on the couch up next to me. His feet were behind Jeff, on my thigh. A large dinner out and a nice evening in. Nothing better.

Jeff had been quieter since Nate fell asleep, had become more thoughtful.

“You alright?” I touched his opposite shoulder.

“Yeah.” He twisted slightly to get a look at the sleeping man next to me. “Does Nate get really upset when I talk about us going to the gym?”

I was surprised by the question and wanted nothing more than to reassure him. “No.” I handed him his shirt. “We know we are overweight…”

“That’s not…” Jeff quietly interjected.

“Shh… We know you are right about us needing to be healthier. Just lazy is all. Anyway, we could both stand to lose a few pounds.”

“Oh stop, you both look great,” Jeff whispered.

“You always were a chubby-chaser.”

“I was chubby and a chaser.” We both chuckled at that one. “Well, for the record, I think you both are still handsome.”

“Aww…”

I leaned down and hugged him from behind, being careful not to press on the shoulder.

There was a yawn. “What did I miss?” Nate’s eyes fluttered in the light.

“A lot.” I sighed.

“Sorry.”

“I should get going. School night.” Jeff grinned.

I pressed stop and we all stood up and began shutting off everything. Nate scratched himself and proceeded into the kitchen. Hannibal scampered past on his way to take possession of the bedroom. Jeff nudged me and pointed to the gaping hole in the side of Nate’s boxers. Another pair ruined. I rolled my eyes. Jeff chuckled.

Nate looked over his shoulder. “What are you laughing at?” He yawned.

“Just enjoying the view.” I shook my head. Jeff giggled.

Nate looked us again and pulled the rear of this boxers down. “That better?”

We guffawed at Nate, who only pulled his shorts back up. We got to the front door and Jeff hugged Nate. “Night.”

“Night.” Nate yawned again and started up the stairs.

Jeff hugged me. “Do you really like it?” He gestured to his shoulder.

“Yes. It looks good. When the irritation is gone, it will be perfect.” I looked into his eyes, the moment of insecurity had passed.

“Thanks.” He hugged me again.

I opened the door. “Later alligator”

“In a while crocodile.”

I chuckled and closed the door behind him.

Copyright © 2014 Randomness; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 09/07/2014 12:05 AM, Suvitar said:
So this is before Patrick, not after like I thought. Those three seem so cosy and comfortable together :hug:
First to understand the timeline! Yay!!!!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..