Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Thwarted - 34. Chapter Thirty-Four

“It’s good to be home.” Mark dropped his bag just inside the door and stepped aside so Trey could follow him in.

“I love my parents, but a week of them is more than enough.” Trey flopped down on the couch. He leaned his head back and looked at Mark. “You gonna join me?”

“Of course.” Mark grinned and walked over. Rather than sit next to Trey, he straddled the other man’s lap and tossed his phone and keys on the coffee table.

“Not exactly what I had in mind.”

“You complaining?” Mark rocked his lower body against Trey’s. He was hard and aching and glad they were well and truly alone. No risk of parents interrupting them.

“Not in the least.” Trey reached up and pulled Mark’s head down.

Mark groaned and pressed his lips against Trey’s. His tongue flicked against Trey’s mouth until his lips parted, allowing Mark into the warm, wet cavern. He deepened the kiss, savoring the flavor that was uniquely Trey. Only the need for air made him pull back.

“Wanna move to the bedroom?” Trey’s hands slipped up under the back of Mark’s shirt.

“Maybe in a minute.” Mark reached between them and undid the button of Trey’s jeans. “I’m good where I’m at, for now.” Mark slid his hands up, pushing Trey’s shirt up as he caressed bare skin. He moved his hands around, under Trey’s armpits and encouraged him to lift his arms. As soon as Trey complied, Mark stripped him of his shirt.

“Your turn.” Trey reached behind him and gripped the back of Mark’s shirt, pulling it up his back and over his head. He tossed it to the side and slid his hands up Mark’s naked chest. He paused to pinch first one nipple and then the other.

Mark gasped. His nipples seemed to be connected to his dick and whenever Trey pinched one, his cock twitched in his jeans.

“Keep that up and we might just have to move to the bedroom.”

Trey chuckled and did it again.

“Okay, now you’re just asking for it.” Mark grinned. Lucky for him, he knew Trey’s nipples were even more sensitive than his. He bent down and captured Trey’s lips with his at the same time he slipped his hand between them and lightly pinched and then twisted Trey’s right nipple.

Trey moaned and arched against him.

Mark rubbed his thumb lightly over the abused flesh before switching to the other and repeating the treatment. It didn’t take long for him to have Trey writhing beneath him.

Trey broke their kiss. “Mark, your phone.”

“Huh?” Mark couldn’t believe that Trey stopped him because of his phone. He obviously needed to work harder if Trey could be distracted by a phone ringing. “Ignore it, I’ll call ‘em back later.” Mark nipped at Trey’s neck, not enough to leave a mark, but enough that he was sure Trey felt it.

Trey gasped and reached up, twining his fingers through Mark’s hair as the phone went blessedly silent.

Mark shifted, moving Trey with him so they both lay the full length of the couch. He wrapped his arms around Trey and pulled him close as he attacked his mouth with his own. He felt Trey’s fingers fumbling with the button at his waist and shifted slightly to give him more room. Just as the button gave way, his phone went off again.

Mark groaned and glared at his phone in frustration.

“Maybe you better answer.” Trey pulled away and sat up against the back of the couch. “It must be important if they keep calling.”

“Damn it.” Mark stretched and grabbed his phone off the coffee table. He didn’t bother to hide his irritation when he flipped it open. “What?”

“Mark?”

Only the sound of his sister crying kept him from asking who else it would be. Mark sat up, instantly wondering what had happened.

“What’s wrong?” Mark gripped the phone tighter as Jackie seemed to cry harder. “Jackie? Talk to me! What happened?”

His first thought was something had happened to Matthew. His nephew was his sister’s entire world. He closed his eyes against the fear swamping him and took deep breaths. He couldn’t panic until he knew what had his sister so upset.

“She’s gone, Mark.”

“Jackie, you’re scaring me, who’s gone? What are you talking about?” Mark glanced up at Trey. He must have seen something in his eyes because he scooted closer and laced his fingers with Mark’s.

Mark heard someone talking over the sound of his sister’s crying and then his brother-in-law came on the phone.

“Mark, you still there?” Brent didn’t sound much better than Jackie.

“Brent, thank god. What the hell’s going on?” Mark felt Trey squeeze his hand and returned the gesture. “All Jackie could tell me was that she’s gone. Who’s gone?”

“Your dad called, about ten minutes ago. Your mom had a heart attack, Mark. She didn’t make it.”

I know this is a little shorter than normal and I apologize for the long delay. Life sorta got in the way as we dealt with some family issues. Hopefully there won't be any more such long waits between chapters. I'd love to hear what you think, either via a review or in the discussion thread!
Copyright © 2016 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

God, this was horrible! Not the chapter - what happened to Mark's mom.

 

Shit, that's totally going to derail M&T's plans before Trey has to leave.

Link to comment
On 08/15/2014 09:11 PM, Daddydavek said:
Life happens at the least convenient times. More please!
Yes it does. Thanks for the review DDK! I don't plan on having any more major delays and am already working on the next chapter, so hopefully next week!
Link to comment
On 08/15/2014 06:13 PM, Lisa said:
God, this was horrible! Not the chapter - what happened to Mark's mom.

 

Shit, that's totally going to derail M&T's plans before Trey has to leave.

Thanks for the review Lisa! I'd debated on waiting for Trey to leave for Mark to get the news about his Mom, but this way Trey can at least be there for him at first. Yes, it is going to delay plans a bit, but it just kind of makes it hit home a bit exactly why this story is called "Thwarted". Thanks for reading!
Link to comment
On 08/15/2014 03:14 PM, impunity said:
Thanks for the new chapter. I was missing these guys.
Thanks impunity and you are most welcome. I was missing the guys as well!
Link to comment
On 08/15/2014 02:47 PM, Suvitar said:
What a lovely surprise to find a new chapter. It was short and sweet until the phone call.
Thanks for the review Suvitar! Glad you enjoyed the chapter. It was a bit shorter than I usually do, even for this story. I could have tried to struggle to add a couple more hundred words, but it would have delayed the posting a bit more and I figured the readers of this story had waited long enough to hear from the guys again.
Link to comment

omg..what now? I too have missed these guys and dread their separation. What will this mean for them?

Link to comment
On 08/23/2014 10:55 AM, Headstall said:
omg..what now? I too have missed these guys and dread their separation. What will this mean for them?
Thanks for the review! I think the only thing we can be grateful for at this point is that Trey was with Mark when he got the call. As to how it's going to affect them, only time (and more chapters) will tell.
Link to comment

Ah shit.

Drama galore going on here gurl! ;)

 

Well that's thrown a complete tool set in the works, never mind the spanner!

Hmmmmm, could leave a very vulnerable Mark over exposed when Trey has to go. Wow, how is that all going to work out?

You do have a way of ramping up the tension hun! :D

Link to comment
On 09/12/2014 03:16 AM, Yettie One said:
Ah shit.

Drama galore going on here gurl! ;)

 

Well that's thrown a complete tool set in the works, never mind the spanner!

Hmmmmm, could leave a very vulnerable Mark over exposed when Trey has to go. Wow, how is that all going to work out?

You do have a way of ramping up the tension hun! :D

You didn't think I'd make it easy on them, did you?

 

I'd given some thought to waiting for the extra drama until after Trey left, but then decided to go ahead and at least let Trey be there to give Mark comfort in the beginning. Can you imagine if Trey had already been gone and hadn't found out about Mark's mom for a few days? That would have just been so so evil of me... Thanks for the review hon!

Link to comment

I hope that a*hole husband didn’t send her to an early grave,

she should have left him years ago, why women stay with horrible 

control freaks is beyond me. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..