Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Mexico - 1. Chapter 1

“I’ve got sixpence...
I was singing.
“Jolly, jolly sixpence...
An old Army song I’d learned in Scout camp.
“I’ve got sixpence...
I was driving in Mexico.
“To last me all my life...
In Spanish, that’s something like, Estoy en Mexico.
“I’ve got tuppence to spend...
Mi poco Español came from stubbornly trying not to learn it in high school.
“And tuppence to lend...
I also had a used college text.
“And tuppence to send on to my wife...
Now that was something to laugh about.
“No cares have I to grieve me...
Let’s skip past that.
“No silly little girls to deceive me...
Though there was suddenly a beautiful woman standing by the side of the road.
“I’m as happy as a lark, believe me...
She was standing with a hot guy.
“As we go rollin’, rollin’ home...
And an older couple.
“Rollin’ home...
Their shiny BMW had its hood up.
“Rollin’ home...
I pulled over, ahead of their car.
“By the light of the silvery moo--oo--oo--oon...
Checked the mirror to make sure I didn’t have salsa drooling down my chin.
“Happy is the day, when I up an’ run away...
Checked out the guy again.
“And never, ever go back home.”
And went to help.

Copyright 2011 by Richard Eisbrouch
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..