Jump to content

An English Teen, Circumcised in the USA

   (7 reviews)

Luke Summers is from the UK, but finds more than he expects when his family move to make a new life, just north of Atlanta, Georgia, USA. But don't be fooled. An English Teen, Circumcised in the USA is a lot more than it seems as young people try to figure out who they are in this extraordinary tale of life, love and loss.

 

When first published, it gathered lots of support, and large numbers of positive reviews. However, please be warned that there are scenes of unpleasant school bullying in a couple of chapters, and a sexual scene later in the story that borders on rape.

I am incredibly grateful for the help of borh Andy and Nephy in actually making the story readable, and for teaching me how to write in the process! Any of the good bits are probably theirs and I'm depending on the fact that their notoriety in our community has to be worth a few more story reads. If not, I want my money back!
Copyright © 2016 Riley Jericho; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Potterslashfan

· Edited by Potterslashfan

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This was a well written story with rounded, realistic, flawed characters. It was probably more like two different stories, that got pulled together into one. There are several extraneous story lines however that didn't seem to add anything to the overall plot, and weren't wrapped up very well (specifically I felt the whole Owen thread was underdeveloped, unnecessary, and detracted from the overall story). If you are looking for a fairy tale ending, then I would not delve into this very long, page turning yarn. If you invest in this story I can guarantee that you will fall in love with several characters, you will want to strangle those same characters, and you will be kept up at night with that famous mantra .... "okay, just one more chapter"

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
Dodger

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Nicely written with well-developed characters and an interesting storyline. A good read that offers much more than the title suggests.

  • Like 2
Link to review
Mawgrim

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Once you start this story you will be unable to put it down. Told from multiple points of view it deals with all kinds of issues; the traumas of being a teenager and wanting to belong, coming out, abusive relationships, bullying, falling in love...

By the time you reach the end of the story you will feel as if you've lived with all of the characters and gone through their various highs and lows. It is beautifully written and will evoke both tears and laughter. One to read and savour.

  • Love 1
Link to review
malelpn

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Very excellent. I became invested in the characters and could not put it down. The end, wow, did not see the ending. Very emotional for me. Thanks for this and I want more. I will read Elliot's story next but still want more of Luke and Simon.

Link to review
cognac69

   2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

It may be fiction but it felt so real. I even felt like I'd lost a friend, beautifully written and with so much feeling. Thank you for the story.

  • Like 2
Link to review
quokka

· Edited by quokka

   2 of 6 members found this review helpful 2 / 6 members

well done

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..