Jump to content
    Riley Jericho
  • Author
  • 1,678 Words
  • 23,262 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

An English Teen, Circumcised in the USA - 1. Chapter One (Story Prologue)

An English Teen, Circumcised in the USA

by Riley Jericho

Prologue

Extract from Luke's notes:

You know, when I began this and started telling you my story, it was a lot harder than you think to know where to begin. Start at the beginning, people always tell you. Sure—but actually knowing where that is...well, that's another thing altogether!

But harder still is not just knowing where to start, but why

A wise old lady once told me this: if something bothers you and the darkness threatens and frightens you, then write about it. Write it down in all its horribleness, and then burn it in a fire. Watch it go up in smoke and become nothing.

So I know why I'm starting, and I hope you'll stay with me to the end. As to where to start? Well, I'm going to start here—right in the middle! It's not the beginning, but then it's as much a beginning for me as anything in the things that affected me and those close to me during that time.

What things? Well for that, you'll have to keep reading.

I know, I know...I'm already not making any sense!

So let's just start at the place where I was just then, lying on a surgical couch wondering—just a little bit—if I really was doing the right thing!

The rest I leave to you...

* *  *

Luke Summers watched it all with increasing fascination, or was it dread. He was almost forgetting to breathe as, around about him, things kicked into action. The room was filled with the urgency of medicine: the sounds of sterile packages being torn open and latex gloves snapping over hands.

It was cool in there. Above and behind him, he glanced back to see the air-vent which hummed, efficiently intent on spilling cold air right on top of him. He folded his arms protectively and glared at it. Everyone appreciated air-conditioning, especially on warm days like that one, but he was feeling uncomfortably chilly. In retrospect he was thankful he’d got to hang on to his tee. Everything else bar a pair of dark grey ankle socks was gone.

He frowned at the doctor and his assistant as they bustled around.

I’ll bet he hasn’t had to lie here with no clothes on!

He tried not to let it get to him as he lay back on the surgery couch, waiting as he was ignored and left to shiver on the surgeon’s table. But it wasn't just the cold that touched him; there was anticipation, and quite a bit of anxiety now, too!

All the comfortable sofa based discussions, and easy, exploratory chats were over. Gone too were the information leaflets and the websites, the options and the decisions. Past were the weeks—months, actually—of waiting. Tomorrow had become today, and he was out of time. With the two of them donning surgical gowns, it seemed all too immediate, and Luke almost regretted asking his mum to wait outside.

The nurse adjusted the strong medical light, focusing the beam directly onto him. She was pretty, had surprisingly small hands, and was uncomfortably young-looking in the eyes of a guy whose dick had been unavoidably put on show, lit up like Nelson's Tower at night!

Not that his shrunken dick looked anything like that, and for that Luke was relieved!

After applying some topical anesthetic around the base of the shaft in preparation for injections, the surgeon flexed his fingers in his surgical gloves and drew closer to take hold of Luke's dick.

Luke gritted his teeth and shuddered as the man attempted to ease the blunt instrument in an exploratory manner past the constricted tip, under his foreskin and around the sensitive head. Luke tried not to move, but the probing was quickly moving the dial on the scale from sensitive to lip gnawing!

The surgeon took no notice and seemed to be focused on the task in his hand. As the end of the blunt spatula began to disappear through the tip and was slid from side to side inside, he murmured, "I’m checking to see if there are any adhesions." As he continuing to dig around, Luke started to squirm and he bit back a squeak!

Adhesions? He had no idea what that meant and nobody explained as the flat, cold, chrome steel instrument scraped as it penetrated further under his foreskin.

BLOODY HELL! Now it really hurt!

Frankly, this was the reason he was here—he’d never in his whole life had anything under there. In fact, until recently, he didn’t even know that ‘under there’ even existed! Thankfully, the pretty assistant came to his rescue.

“Dad…” she said, catching his attention.

Dad? He struggled to get his head around that!

The doctor looked up. Thankfully he followed her eyes and either finally noticed Luke was squirming, or saw that his fingers were gripping the sides of the bed fiercely enough to tear the sheets! Gently he withdrew the unwelcome tool.

"Oh, I’m so sorry Luke." He offered an apology and sat back on his stool. “Let's just wait for a little numbing before I do any more of this shall we?"

Numbing sounded good!

Luke nodded, grateful for the reprieve those few minutes offered, but still looked apprehensively at the tray that the girl was preparing. From sterile wrappings, she extracted an assortment of sharp, pointy-looking tools, a syringe and needles. The realization that a woman—of the girl type—was going to be helping during the procedure, watching, and maybe even touching his genitals, became secondary. It was all the sharp stuff on the tray that was getting his attention!

To avoid dwelling on any of it, he looked away to explore the rest of his surroundings.

This compact surgical unit had been built into the center of the same complex where the doctor had his office. There were no windows…which made sense. Few would really want to lie out in the open and have the window cleaner stare in at their bits!

They’d put the back of the couch up a bit, so he could watch.

Damn right! He didn’t want to miss a thing.

From knees to navel, his groin was covered by some kind of green sterile towel, with a hole cut in the middle. Poking out of the center rested his wanger, shriveled by apprehension. It was rather like watching the repeats of the hospital soap, Casualty, that aired on the BBC channel they got on cable over here. Except he was the patient! His whole groin had been painted with some dark, yellowy-orange stuff, and the bright light made his penis glow like a fluorescent beacon, bobbing around in a sea of green.

The smell was off-putting and his nose flared at the strongly antiseptic aroma of the surroundings. In many ways, it reminded him of visits to the dentist, but glancing down, the comparison kind of ended right there. While they waited a few moments more for the topical spray to have some effect, the doctor explained something that Luke was just coming to realize for himself.

"One thing I need to prepare you for, Luke," he said, all businesslike again. "As you've never been able to retract your foreskin, it’s going to take some getting used to.”

Luje frowned. “You mean it’ll look different?”

Wasn’t that the whole point?

“Yes of course, but that’s not what I meant. It’s quite likely—and quite normal—that you’ll find it uncomfortably sensitive around the glans of your penis for some time after this procedure. Eventually it will settle down, so in the meantime don't worry about it. But don’t be surprised if, for a few weeks, you jump every time something rubs there."

Luke tried not to smirk and betray his secret thoughts. That was a laugh—it was usually HIM that did the rubbing!

He regretted it almost immediately as the niggling worry resurfaced: what if, in the middle of the whole thing, his dick took on an embarrassing mind of it own, and he threw a chub? Did that kind of thing ever happen in situations like this? Thankfully, not to him that day. With the cold room, the anxiety, and the onlookers, he seemed to be okay.

At least the upside of it was that, not counting his family, it was really only the doc and his assistant—his daughter—who knew he was there.

Of course, something horrific could still happen…like he could be standing in the queue with his friends at McDonalds the following day, and this same pretty young lady (with everyone listening in and laughing), could tap him on the shoulder and ask him how his penis was doing.

That had to be the stuff of nightmares!

No, what he was having done was personal, and he wasn’t planning on telling anyone else; at least not yet. He’d been careful to make sure none of his friends knew where he’d come today. Not even his closest friend, Ryan. It was better that way.

He looked across, apprehensive once more as the doctor reached into the tray the girl held out for him: the one carrying a syringe bearing that unpleasant looking needle. Holding it vertically he tapped it and expressed a short stream of fluid.

The reprieve was over. Luke wanted him to get on with it, but wasn't looking forward to this next bit. At all!

Shortly after that, and after the device had been placed in position and locked, the urologist took up a blade.

"OK, young man.” He studied Luke expectantly. “It’s the point of no return.” His warm, encouraging smile was in stark contrast to the razor-sharp scalpel he was holding. “Ready?”

Luke grinned at last, and nodded enthusiastically. It had been quite a journey for him to get to the table of a circumcision specialist in Atlanta. Once he started to cut, there would be no going back. Was he really ready?

Hell, yes!

He’d been ready for months!

Copyright © 2016 Riley Jericho; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 44
  • Love 2
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ouch. What a hook!

 

To all those who want to ban circumcision, this story could be a revelation. But then again, noting human stubbornness, probably not....

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I remember this story Riley. The first time I read it, it was awesome. I can't remember though if you put that much detail in the first time... anyway, getting off track.

 

I really liked... you never did finish this story .. I have been waiting patiently... yay I give you an A+ very well done... ;)

Link to comment

Riley! Riley! Riley! I'm so glad you're posting this story! Since quite a few readers mentioned this in their review of "In Safe Hands" (still crying, btw), I've been eager to read it! =)

 

From what I gathered in the prologue, something was wrong under the foreskin, that's why Luke is being circumsized, right? I mean I've never really heard of any one other than babies getting circumsized in a hospital or at a bris.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter Riley! :)

Link to comment

Glad Luke is back in town(?). This was the kind of story I was looking forward to and missed it when it was discontinued.

I can't remember anything so seriously wrong that could people give reason to complain about so let us just enjoy the humour that this story has.

Link to comment

i've read quite a bit of this story when it was first on here, im excited your giving it another get go :D

Link to comment
On 01/21/2012 02:48 AM, Daddydavek said:
Ouch. What a hook!

 

To all those who want to ban circumcision, this story could be a revelation. But then again, noting human stubbornness, probably not....

Hi Dave - it got your attention then! Yep, it'll certainly touch on that...I guess we see where it leads us.

 

Riley

Link to comment
On 01/21/2012 03:04 AM, Remijay said:
I remember this story Riley. The first time I read it, it was awesome. I can't remember though if you put that much detail in the first time... anyway, getting off track.

 

I really liked... you never did finish this story .. I have been waiting patiently... yay I give you an A+ very well done... ;)

Other than tidying up a bit, the Prologue is as it was. The main thrust of the story wont change and of course you haven't seen the ending yet. Maybe it'll surprise even you?

 

Thanks for waiting - and enjoy the read!

 

Riley

Link to comment
On 01/21/2012 03:08 AM, Lisa said:
Riley! Riley! Riley! I'm so glad you're posting this story! Since quite a few readers mentioned this in their review of "In Safe Hands" (still crying, btw), I've been eager to read it! =)

 

From what I gathered in the prologue, something was wrong under the foreskin, that's why Luke is being circumsized, right? I mean I've never really heard of any one other than babies getting circumsized in a hospital or at a bris.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter Riley! :)

Hi Lisa. Yep, here it is. ET has a long way to go and there are some shocks and surprises along the way. And as to what's wrong with Luke? Well, read on MacDuff!

 

Riley

Link to comment
On 01/21/2012 10:03 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
I am really looking forward to this story and I'm so glad you're continuing it.
I'm looking forward to telling it!

 

Riley

Link to comment
On 01/21/2012 09:56 PM, DutchJoey said:
Glad Luke is back in town(?). This was the kind of story I was looking forward to and missed it when it was discontinued.

I can't remember anything so seriously wrong that could people give reason to complain about so let us just enjoy the humour that this story has.

Hi Joey. Well Luke never really left, but we've got back to the story and I hope many still enjoy reading it.

 

Thanks for the review.

 

Riley

Link to comment
On 01/22/2012 03:47 AM, Simonjames30 said:
I have been looking forward for ages for this story coming back :)
Hi Simon! Well, back it is - and thanks for dropping a review to let me know you're reading.

 

Riley

Link to comment
On 01/22/2012 04:22 PM, Mark M said:
i've read quite a bit of this story when it was first on here, im excited your giving it another get go :D
Hello Mark.

 

With the help of Andy and Neph, hopefully written somewhat better now.

 

Thanks for the note

Link to comment

I blame you for my not getting sleep last night!

I found the title titillating, and saw that it took place in North Georgia, having just moved from Dahlonega myself. I thought I’d sample a chapter or two, just to see, but got sucked in and read all ten. I enjoyed the story, the writing was good, and I look forward to it being continued, but I do have some comments:

To me, this story should be written from the first person, especially as it has a tone of being told in reflection, through experience, than from the point of view of a young teenager; if it were ‘of the moment’, his uncertainty, as a young teenager, doesn’t work well for me. Also, I found the ancillary scenes, without Ryan, a little jarring.

I can see this getting gratuitous, as in the water bottle scene. What you’re writing is bold and rings true, but should be focused to your audience. If this is for young men, then it’s too explicit. If this is for older men, then it runs the risk of being porn.

It also needs to be edited for content. You present such strong characters and situations that I found myself skipping over sections of nostalgia, looking for what happens next.

Like I said, I look forward to reading more, and seeing what happens to the guys.

Link to comment
On 06/10/2012 12:09 PM, scavola said:
I blame you for my not getting sleep last night!

I found the title titillating, and saw that it took place in North Georgia, having just moved from Dahlonega myself. I thought I’d sample a chapter or two, just to see, but got sucked in and read all ten. I enjoyed the story, the writing was good, and I look forward to it being continued, but I do have some comments:

To me, this story should be written from the first person, especially as it has a tone of being told in reflection, through experience, than from the point of view of a young teenager; if it were ‘of the moment’, his uncertainty, as a young teenager, doesn’t work well for me. Also, I found the ancillary scenes, without Ryan, a little jarring.

I can see this getting gratuitous, as in the water bottle scene. What you’re writing is bold and rings true, but should be focused to your audience. If this is for young men, then it’s too explicit. If this is for older men, then it runs the risk of being porn.

It also needs to be edited for content. You present such strong characters and situations that I found myself skipping over sections of nostalgia, looking for what happens next.

Like I said, I look forward to reading more, and seeing what happens to the guys.

Sorry I missed replying to the review, as it was linked to an earlier chapter. Firstly thanks for reading. I guess everyone writes in their own way. Mine might be a little weird in terms of perspective, but I hope you still find it readable.

 

Riley

Link to comment

Seems to me I'm lagging behind the crowd, but here I am to offer my off-beat (?) opinion of this very interesting prologue. I must admit that it would have taken me much longer to open this story-file if it was not that I've enjoyed Riley's In Safe Hands just recently...

Firstly let me state that in this very first installment there is quite a clear object lesson for any male who has not been circumcised smile.png

It's amazing how often one hear of menfolk who are in need of surgery just because they have not been taught by their parents to retract their foreskins and clean appropriately when the have a bath or shower - if this simple routine has been instilled from childhood, how could there ever be occasion for such drastic measures of wiggling some cold chrome instruments under the cav of the patient? It's rather beyond me that Luke did not know that 'under ther' actually existed! Really - and this is not meant judgmentally at all. So much more reason for a socalled enlightened age to arrive properly where there ain't no bashfulness or false modesty not to want to tallk aobut these essential personal hgiene "tricks" that needs to be administered on a daily basis. And, yes, hoping against hope that all "untouched" gaylings reading this story will take note. Who ever would have thought that GA could be the ideal primer in many respects for many dirrerent kind of readers tongue.png

In closing, I really appreciated that bit about nothing on but his t-shirt and socks! Me thinx its rather sexy lmaosmiley.gif

Ta stax, Riley, for - what I can allready feel in my bones - is going to be another great story specool.gif

Link to comment
On 11/27/2012 03:21 AM, Rano said:
Seems to me I'm lagging behind the crowd, but here I am to offer my off-beat (?) opinion of this very interesting prologue. I must admit that it would have taken me much longer to open this story-file if it was not that I've enjoyed Riley's In Safe Hands just recently...

Firstly let me state that in this very first installment there is quite a clear object lesson for any male who has not been circumcised smile.png

It's amazing how often one hear of menfolk who are in need of surgery just because they have not been taught by their parents to retract their foreskins and clean appropriately when the have a bath or shower - if this simple routine has been instilled from childhood, how could there ever be occasion for such drastic measures of wiggling some cold chrome instruments under the cav of the patient? It's rather beyond me that Luke did not know that 'under ther' actually existed! Really - and this is not meant judgmentally at all. So much more reason for a socalled enlightened age to arrive properly where there ain't no bashfulness or false modesty not to want to tallk aobut these essential personal hgiene "tricks" that needs to be administered on a daily basis. And, yes, hoping against hope that all "untouched" gaylings reading this story will take note. Who ever would have thought that GA could be the ideal primer in many respects for many dirrerent kind of readers tongue.png

In closing, I really appreciated that bit about nothing on but his t-shirt and socks! Me thinx its rather sexy lmaosmiley.gif

Ta stax, Riley, for - what I can allready feel in my bones - is going to be another great story specool.gif

Hi there Rano - and welcome to ET!

There's certainly some things that will come out in regards to circumcision, though the story is much much more than that. Should Luke have known about retracting foreskins? Possibly not if his very British patents didn't think to have it checked. One of the strings to the tale is the differences in cultures - even between countries that - nearly - speak the same language?

 

Thanks for reviewing - and hope you keep at it!

Riley

Link to comment

Great writing — almost too good. This chapter is so vivid that it sent a cold chill down my back while I was reading it! I can’t imagine being conscious during such a procedure. I was a newborn baby when it was performed on me — thankfully.

Link to comment

This is an interesting story, as Riley has said in reply to comments for some reason 

British guys don’t always know how to properly look after their penis and have major issues when it comes to having an erection and also having sex.

A doctor friend of mine specialsed in male sexual health and he said quiet a number of his patients did not clean under the foreskin as they did not know 

they had to, which can lead to inflammation and infection, not to mention the unpleasant smell. He also said that several guys had difficulty with the foreskin being tight and having severe pain during erection that it made the whole experience of masturbating or have sex unpleasant.

 Most of the time these men had to have adult circumcision as there was no other solution for the problems they were having.

There are some people who believe that circumcision is mutilation,

even some guys who have been circumcised have said the same thing,

I think that they should have a discussion with a sexual health specialist before complaining about this. 

The mutilation comments have become a hot topic since FGM has been in 

the news a lot. 

Personally I think that a circumcised penis is better looking 

Link to comment

As an American boy, I was not asked whether I wanted to be circumcised or not. As an artist, I have not been enthralled by the long tube of skin that some men have, but feel that a partial circumcision would be a desirable thing (taking off some of it would satisfy the religious requirements, but leaving the cute little acorn poking its head out would be artistically desirable and still would encourage young men to keep everything clean). Okay, so that is gay, well what do you expect from a gay site!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..