Jump to content
    Robertaber
  • Author
  • 1,036 Words
  • 2,045 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Person Unknown - 2. The Meeting

Finally, it's time to meet up with Dash wonder what he wants is it good or bad? Jaro_

Justin’s POV

It was five minutes to 4 pm, the time when school ends. I felt my heart rate increase and my palms started to sweat as it got closer and closer to meeting Dash like he wanted me to. The bell rang, sounding the end of the school day. I’d gotten up and started walking out of the library when I suddenly remembered I had to call Dad and tell him I’d be staying to study for a test. I dialed his cell number and listened to the phone ringing

“Hey, Dad, I have a test later this week I need to study for. Can I stay at school for a bit longer?”

“Sure, but how are you planning on getting home, Buddy.”

“I could take the bus - I have some cash - or I could walk. It’s just an hour walk to the house, and I could use the exercise. I’ve wanted to get a better build anyway.”

“Alright, stay safe, OK, Son?”

“I will, Dad. Love you.”

“Love you too,” said Dad.

I hit the end button, slipping my phone back into my pocket. Once I got outside, I could see several silhouettes at the meeting spot. I slowed down to a stop nervously when I neared the group, as they all turned in sync, their predatory eyes fixing me in place like a deer that had wandered into an occupied wolf den.

“Guys, chill, it’s just our good buddy Justin,” said Dash with a smirk.

He walked through the group towards me, spreading his arms in a welcoming way. I slowly stepped forward, still nervous about the whole situation.

“So…um…why did you want to meet with me?” I asked.

“Why would I not want to meet you, Justin? You’re so cool in your own unique way. Besides, I like how you carry yourself,” Dash said, smiling.

“Do you really mean that, Dash?” I said with a blush, looking Dash in the eye.

“Of course,” he said, smiling. “You are pretty much at my level of popularity at school. Among other reasons, that’s why I invited you to this meeting.” He turned serious. “Now, let’s start this meeting. Our first order of business is to discuss settling the score with the football team. They have beaten up our youngest member, Josh. Isn’t that right, Josh?” he said, looking to a short blond haired boy.

Josh nodded in agreement, holding his new black eye, and trying to clean off dried blood with the other.

“Then it’s decided. We will take them down Saturday after their football game.” Dash looked at his watch. “We can talk more later, for now you guys can go home.”

I turned to start walking towards home.

“Hey! Justin, wait, we still need to chat some. I’ll walk with you to your house.”

I just shrugged, continuing to walk while he sped up to walk beside me.

“So, what did you think of the meeting?” he asked.

“It was OK, but I still don’t understand why you wanted me there. I mean, I’m not that important, am I?”

“In fact, you are much more important then you realize, and I hope to convince you of that by the time we get to your house.”

“O.K., I’m listening,” I said, looking at him.

“Well, let me ask this. How many friends do you have?”

I looked over at him, frowning, “Well, not very many, even though I’m nice to pretty much everyone I meet. It’s like I’m invisible to them,” I said, looking down at the sidewalk now.

“How about we change that, Justin? I can unlock many doors for you. All you have to do is ask and it will be done.”

I stopped and looked at him in shock. “Really? Just like that, no strings attached?”

He looked me in the eyes. “Well…one condition…. you have to be my friend first, ‘K?” he said with a smirk.

“Of course I’ll be your friend!” I said, giving him a bear hug. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I told him, smiling ear to ear.

“No prob,” he said, hugging me back just as tightly.

Finally, I let him go. “Sorry, I sort of lost it… I was just so excited to hear that you’d be my friend,” I told him, blushing.

“It’s cool. I’m happy too, and you can hug me anytime. I don’t mind… I like hugs.”

Smiling, I started walking again. “I am glad we’re friends now. I can’t wait tell this weekend. Maybe you could spend the night?”

“Yeah, I’ll definitely do that; I’ll come over Friday and stay until Saturday night that cool with you?”

“Perfectly fine with me,” I said as we turned a corner to go down another street. We were nearing my house; I remembered there was a park down this street. I used to play here a lot when I was younger, but since middle school, I haven’t been here at all.

As we got half way past the park, I heard a twig breaking and naturally stopped and looked around quickly, alert and slightly panicked. “What was that?”

Dash looks around, alert for a sec, silently searching the area for signs of movement or disturbances of any kind.

“It’s nothing.”, “Probably just a squirrel or rabbit. Come on, let’s go,” he said, turning to continue walking home. “So how much farth…..”

Dash and I stood frozen, as we looked a few steps in front of us, at the silhouette with red eyes looking at us from the darkness. It growled sending chills down my spine as I could see its eyes increase in its red glow.

“Stand behind me, Justin!” Dash said, holding his left arm out and pushing me behind him.

As Dash pushed me behind him, I noticed his arm. His nails were sticking out almost like claws, and he started to get into a stance almost like a cat ready to pounce on its prey.

“Cover your ears and close your eyes, Justin!” he ordered.

“But…..”

“Just do it!”

I closed my eyes, stuck, shaking in the darkness, feeling alone.

Then, suddenly, something hit me, and everything went dark, as I hit the ground unconscious.

Thanks for reading i give thanks to faxity and Jaro_423 for editing and for your opinions on this chapter.
Copyright © 2015 Robertaber; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great second chapter and you used an awesome cliffhanger. I really want the next chapter now. :D Keep up the good work Robert.

Link to comment

I like it, the drama's increasing! The werewolf (assumption) at the end was a nice twist, but Dash knocking Justin out (another assumption, the other werewolf (an assumption within an assumption, I'm outdoing myself :lol:) was too far away) wasn't cool. I'm assuming (again) that he's trying to protect his secret, but still :/

Awesome story! Can't wait for ch 2!

Link to comment
On 10/18/2014 03:09 PM, faxity said:
I like it, the drama's increasing! The werewolf (assumption) at the end was a nice twist, but Dash knocking Justin out (another assumption, the other werewolf (an assumption within an assumption, I'm outdoing myself :lol:) was too far away) wasn't cool. I'm assuming (again) that he's trying to protect his secret, but still :/

Awesome story! Can't wait for ch 2!

thanks for the reveiw ch 3 will be up and rolling next week
Link to comment
On 10/18/2014 02:03 AM, wolfwriter said:
Great second chapter and you used an awesome cliffhanger. I really want the next chapter now. :D Keep up the good work Robert.
thanks ch 3 will be up and rolling soon
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..