Jump to content
    RolandQ
  • Author
  • 5,609 Words
  • 990 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The People of the Forest - 8. Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - The Ambassador from the Deep Valley

We all gathered at first light and upon entering the king’s chamber were greeted by a hearty ‘halloo’. “Your majesty is much recovered?” the physician asked not hiding his amazement.

“Not so much recovered as filled with a kind of energy. We must be about our business quickly with the ambassador, lest he suspect that I am not well. I can sense my present liveliness is short-lived, as I think am I. Still, duty calls. Arrange for the audience immediately. Physician, help me to the Hall. You, Cambion, Simon, Gar, stand in front of me that none can see that I am ill. Quickly now.”

We scrambled to be ready when the ambassador from the Deep Valley arrived. We could hear his vociferous complaints at having been delayed and now the earliness of the hour as he approached. We also heard the snarling of his accompanying animals, not so much dogs as wolves straining at the heavy chains that bound them. And between these two frightening creatures was one more terrifying yet and even more tightly bound. Unable to stand erect, he strained against his bonds. I heard Gar gasp at my side, then realized that this raging animal was a man, a man similar in appearance and size to Gar. I knew he must be of Gar’s kind, though distorted by cruelty into the dangerous being that threatened us all.

Cambion called out, “Control your beast. How dare you bring these into the presence of the king?”

The ambassador struggled with his end of the chains ignoring Cambion. “Let us to business. The Lord of the Deep Valley wishes to express his dedication to peace.” The snarling creatures gave lie to this platitude. “He seeks your assurance of loyalty to be presented in tribute. He reminds the king of the City of Walls that the king’s son and heir resides as the Lord’s guest.” Insinuation filled the ambassador’s speech.

Cambion looked to the king who nodded to him. “We shall entertain the Lord’s request and send an envoy with our reply.” The king again nodded.

A lengthy silence fell over the hall as both sides examined the other. Suddenly, a cry for help rang out. The ambassador’s man-beast lashed out and captured a page, rapidly tearing at the young man’s clothes, clearly setting about raping the lad.

“Stop!” I heard my own voice demand. The creature looked up for a moment, sneered and set about his evil deed. I felt a small nudge from Gar, pushing me toward the creature. “Stop I say.” Taking hold of the creature, I bodily pulled him off the page praying for courage I did not feel. The page fled leaving me alone with my opponent. “You will not do this. You will be at peace.” The creature looked at me in disbelief, then acquiesced and fell at my feet. The entire hall, not the least me, looked on in amazement. Even the snarling dogs lay quietly.

The ambassador threw down the chain. With a combination of distaste and relief, he proceeded toward the door taking only the dogs stopping to say, “We shall await your envoy. You,” pointing at me, “you must take your prize,” referring to the creature. “Ancient laws require forfeiture of vanquished property. This creature was captured when very young and converted into a weapon, though beyond my power to control. He routinely assaulted members of my staff. You are welcome to him. He has been nothing but trouble for me. Please forgive me, but this show of violence is the protocol of the Lord of the Deep Valley. I am glad to be quit of him. And now,” he said with a bow” I leave him to you.” He was gone.

I knelt over the creature, observing how the chains had cut into his skin at his wrists, ankles, and neck. Gar stepped forward, placing one hand on the creatures head, the other on his own chest. “Gar,” he intoned.

The creature looked up, a confusion of rage and relief on his face. “Tro,” he replied.

The members of the court gathered behind Gar and me, peering at the suddenly acquiescent creature. A small voice came from the midst of the crowd. It was a member of the library staff, Trevor. “Simon, in some of the material I’ve gathered for your study, I read about a practice among some cities to capture wild beasts and train them through hardship and abuse as accoutrements to display the strength of officials. I have read nothing, however, of a Person of the Forest so corrupted. Knowing Gar for only a short time, I cannot imagine the horror this creature’s life must have been to be so altered. And yet, with only a few words from you of authority without violence and he is pacified. The texts go further to report of many instances where these creatures when saved from bondage attach themselves to the intercessor for life.”

All during this speech the creature, Tro, huddled at my feet.

“If what you say is true, Trevor, we must free him of these bonds and care for his wounds.” At my suggestion, the court drew back in some fear. “Gar, help me to take him to the nearest smith.” Cautiously, Gar and I took Tro by the hands and led him out of the King’s House to a nearby smithy. The smith looked at us with disbelief and concern when I asked him to cut the iron bands from around Tro’s neck, wrists and ankles, explaining that he had witnessed the creature as he roared through the city on his way to the King’s House earlier. At my insistence, and with great caution, Tro’s bonds were released.

The creature stretched to his full height, flexing all his muscles with the new freedom. All present held their breath waiting for what would come in the next moment. Tro, bowed in thanks to the smith, embraced Gar and knelt before me. I tried to get him to rise, but he refused.

“Tro, you are free now.” I took Gar by the hand and began walking out of the smithy. Tro followed a few yards behind. He followed us to the King’s House. The guards at the door demanded that he stop. In place of the outburst they feared, Tro fell to his knees, calling to me with his eyes.

“It’s alright,” I explained to the guards, “he is with me. Come Tro, let us treat your wounds. You may stay with us until we figure out where you might go.”

Tro’s face lit up and with obedient bows to the guards dashed up to me. We three, Gar, me and now Tro, climbed up to our rooms. Gar was away a few minutes collecting healing plants that he applied to Tro.

“I need to return to the king,” I explained to Gar leaving the room. Halfway down the stair, Tro came bounding after me. I had a moment’s fear which evaporated when Tro fell into step behind me.

We ran into the librarian, Trevor, outside the king’s chambers. He smiled knowingly. “I see the texts were right. You have a protector now, Simon. This one will stand between you and danger always. I think we have nothing to fear of him, lest we cross you. Your bravery this day in standing up to this creature was impressive, indeed.” Then to Tro, “Forgive me, what is your name that I may address you properly?”

Tro looked at the librarian with wonder at being addressed as a man. A tear started in his eye. He looked to me for help. “His name is Tro,” I explained.

“Then Tro, I am honored to meet you this day and welcome you here. I join you in your admiration of Simon. Guard him well.”

“Trevor, you presume too much. We have as yet to understand Tro’s choice for the future,” I cautioned.

“Expect what you will, if the ancient texts are right - and they have proved ever more so each day - Tro will be at your side unto death. I am envious of that devotion. While he has suffered much, I am confident that in time he will recover to be as magnificent a man as your own Gar. All the city admires your relationship with him and is envious of your attachment. I admit the same myself, though meeting Tro, I admit a new admiration.”

The Chamberlain approached us with a wary eye toward Tro. “Have you come from the king’s chambers?” I asked.

“Yes, he is resting after the audience with the ambassador. I fear the excitement has drained him, though his satisfaction with Cambion’s actions on his behalf and your own show of strength is evident.” The Chamberlain took me aside, “About this one,” referring to Tro, “Is he safe?”

“I believe so.” Trevor nodded his agreement. “In any case, I will be accountable, with Gar’s help, for his behavior. I am amazed at the change in him, though Trevor has found references that indicate no surprise at his sudden peacefulness.”

***

I returned to my rooms, followed closely by Tro. Gar was not there, likely in the Wood or with the royal gardener. I admit a small pang of envy of his time out of doors, but had a large stack of dispatches to read and much correspondence to attend to. I sat at the large table that served as my desk to get to work. I was accustomed to working intently and quickly fell into deep concentration. I was unaware how long I had been working, but became aware of a soft touch on my thigh. I looked under the table to find Tro on the floor nuzzling between my legs.

“Tro, please stop. I’m not sure what you have in mind, but this is too intimate a touch. Please come out from there.” Tro shame-facedly emerged from under the table. “I’m sure you meant no harm and I apologize if I’ve been unclear, but Gar and I are joined. I have no intimate relationships other than Gar. Do you understand?” Tro nodded sadly. “You are free to go, you have no obligation to me.” Tro looked downcast. I could not bear to see this powerful man so despondent. “You may, if you wish it, stay here, but I ask that you respect my relationship with Gar.” Tro brightened.

I had need of material from the library. Tro shadowed me, drawing many comments from the members of the king’s household as we proceeded. On returning to my rooms, I suggested that Tro would be more comfortable on the terrace while I worked. I again settled into my task only to become aware of a warm body against my feet. Tro again, though this time without the intimate touching. I resolved to let him be and returned to work.

A while later I felt a presence behind me. I inhaled, recognizing Gar’s scent, he having returned through the terrace doors. I was surprised that he did not embrace me from behind nuzzling my neck in his usual greeting. I turned to see Gar leaning against the doorway with a bemused questioning look.

“What is it, dear one?” I asked him.

He gestured at Tro under the table. I took his question to be a humorous tease, not a challenge of fidelity. “No, Gar, I have not taken a lover. Tro seemed more comfortable being close by, so I let him. His life must have been a nightmare. Let’s let him be.” Gar smiled his understanding, then stepped forward to embrace me. Tro looked at us from his place under the table.

At that moment the main door to the room banged open. Devon burst into the room making demands. He was only two steps in when Tro exploded from under the table pinning Devon to the wall, growling fiercely into his face.

“Great heavens, call him off,” Devon shrieked.

“Tro, while his entrance was rude, Devon means no harm. He will likely knock and ask permission to enter hereafter. You may let him go.”

Tro released Devon through with a fierce warning look.

“You mean you have two of these creatures now?” Devon asked in amazement.

“An unintended gift from the Lord of the Deep Valley. Tro was a trophy of some kind. I merely insisted he not ravish one of the pages and now he seems to be in residence. Though I am beginning to appreciate some of his qualities.” Gar joined me in enjoying Devon’s discomfort.

“Well, yes, then,” Devon stammered. Tro returned to my side. “I actually came with some business in mind, to your benefit. Many of the diplomatic staff, myself among them, have observed that you, Simon, are carrying a heavy burden of work. It has been proposed that you have some assistance. Trevor, from the royal library, has been recommended. He’s to serve as your assistant and secretary. Will that meet with your approval?”

“I very much appreciate the offer of assistance. I would need to discuss this with Trevor, to be sure he is amenable. From my past work with him, I am confident he is a good choice.”

“I’ll have him come up first thing tomorrow,” Devon said, adding, “and I’ll warn him to approach cautiously.” Devon exited going backwards, keeping his eye on Tro until well down the stairs.

Gar began laughing heartily, reaching out to embrace Tro who beamed at the attention. “Gar has not been pleased with Devon’s presence,” I explained to Tro. "I suspect that was the same reception he wanted to give Devon.”

***

I called for a page to send a request to the Chamberlain to have an adjoining room made up for Tro to stay in, being unsure as to what to do with our new addition. After a quiet meal in our rooms provided from the Wood by Gar, I showed Tro to his room, only to find him following me out onto the terrace.

“Tro, this is where Gar and I sleep,” I explained. He nodded understanding and proceeded to lie on the floor at the foot of our bed. “No, you don’t get my meaning. You are to sleep in the room I showed you. Gar and I sleep - alone - here on the terrace.” Tro rose with disappointment and trudged into the room, looking back with anxiety.

Gar took me to bed, smiling at my discomfort. He quickly took my mind off of any worries, giving me a lifetime’s attention through the course of one night. As dawn broke onto the terrace, I awoke bodily and emotionally refreshed only to be taken aback at a slumbering form on the cold stone of the terrace floor by the bed. Tro had returned in the night. I took my own pillow, placing it under his head and covered him with a blanket. I felt Gar’s eyes watching me. “Gar love Si-mon,” he said softly, approving of my kindness to Tro.

“Did you know he had come back?” I asked Gar. He shrugged his shoulders clearly stating “what’s to be done?” not feeling any embarrassment at having made love in another’s presence.

I harrumphed, kissed Gar good morning, and set about arranging breakfast. Tro awoke and joined us at the table, after asking permission with an inquiring look. Somehow his presence at breakfast seemed more intrusive and intimate than his proximity to our activities in bed. He ate with good appetite, giving Gar a look of admiration, I supposed for Gar’s efforts through the night. Gar tried not to gloat too proudly. The silent communication between People of the Forest was establishing between them. I resolved to find Tro a better accommodation.

***

Trevor appeared in the doorway after much loud knocking and hallooing. “Excuse me, sir, but I was told to meet you here this morning.” Trevor came up short on observing three naked men at breakfast on the terrace.

“Join us, Trevor, through I must ask your forbearance on our attire, or lack thereof. I’m afraid if you’re to become part of our household, you’ll need to become accustomed to nakedness. The People of the Forest forego any attire at all, though as you’ve observed, Gar does wear a cloth when about in the house or gardens. We shall have to make similar arrangements for Tro while he is here.”

Trevor demurred, “I’m very pleased with the view,” as glanced from one of us to another.

“Just so your are comfortable,” I assured, adding “and that it doesn’t interfere with our work.”

Trevor laughed.

“To business then. Devon tells me you’re willing to work as my assistant. I’m afraid it will be long hours. With the threats from the Lord of the Dark Valley I cannot predict what we will be called upon to do. And then there is the king’s health. I am very concerned.” Gar nodded his own concern.

“With all you say, Simon, I am more eager to work with you. The king needs all any of his subjects can do.”

“It’s settled then. Shall we begin?” Trevor and I went into the main room, followed by Gar and Tro. Gar embraced me, kissed me deeply, then returned to the terrace and from there to the Wood. Tro reclined on the floor within arm’s reach of me, only moving if I moved.

“It’s like the texts stated, he has become your devoted protector,” Trevor observed.

“I suppose you’re right, Trevor. Last night, unbeknownst to me, he came onto the terrace where Gar and I have our bed, and lay nearby all night. I’m afraid he was witness to some intimacies. I am somewhat embarrassed.” We looked at Tro who returned the look with a concerned gentleness.

***

Trevor and I quickly fell into a comfortable working relationship, accomplishing more between us than I could have done had I two of me. He was bright, quick, and eager and brought a detailed knowledge of all the royal library’s resources. We worked late that first day. The sun had already set when I looked up to find Gar and Tro looking across the table at me, Gar with a flush of desire on his face, Tro his usual watchful concern.

“It has gotten very late, Trevor. You must feel free to interrupt when I become overly involved. I’m sure you need to get home and Gar seems to have plans for me.”

“I am at your disposal Simon, we’re doing important work. I’ll return first thing tomorrow.” He reached over the table to shake my hand, leaning his other hand on Tro’s shoulder for balance. Tro’s eyes closed as he rubbed his head across Trevor’s hand. I was aroused at the sensuousness of Tro’s response.

When Gar and I had retired to bed on the terrace I asked him, “Gar, I know very well about the intensity your sexual needs.” He nuzzled me in anticipation. “Tro has long been neglected in every way. I suppose he has been neglected that way, too.” Gar made small noises of agreement even as he began to caress my balls. “I don’t know what to do to help him.”

Gar stopped his attentions to me and leaned back against the pillows. He looked at me from under his brows and sighed his understanding that I was going to talk about Tro, not respond to him, though my cock was already greatly engorged. This huge, powerful man leaned over me, face to face, and simply said, “Tre-vor.” Without waiting for any response, Gar hoisted up my legs to his shoulders, penetrated me and fucked me into oblivion.

During a brief pause well into the night I did manage to say, “Gar, I love you. I should know to rely upon your wisdom. Is it my turn on top?” Gar laughed and drew me into him and we made love again.

***

I was not overly surprised to find Tro, again at the foot of our bed. This time, however, he rested on a large cushion I later found out had been provided by Gar. He greeted me with a knowing wink as I got out of bed. I could see his profound erection under the blanket and remembered Gar’s solution. Would Trevor be interested in Tro? If interested, could Trevor, who was very slight, accommodate the needs of a Man of the Forest? I thought back to my first couplings with Gar. Surely it was impossible, yet, with Gar’s gentleness and the almost magical qualities of his precum and semen, we made love beautifully. I thought not to interfere and let things take their course.

As I mused on all this, I looked up to see Trevor standing in the doorway again, staring at Tro. Tro returned his look.

“I see you’re here early again, Trevor,” I ventured.

“Ah, yes.” he replied as he returned to focus. “I thought I’d get an early start” and then quietly to himself, “and not miss the show.”

Gar reappeared from the Wood with breakfast gesturing for us all to join him at the table. I saw Trevor watch every motion of Tro’s slightly softened cock as he walked across the terrace, his mouth open. Tro sat next to Trevor, touching his shoulder in greeting. I could see that Gar was probably right.

***

A page arrived summoning me to the king’s chambers for a private meeting with the king and Cambion. I took Tro aside and explained that he could not accompany me to the meeting and that he should await me in our rooms. He looked perplexed. I proceeded down the stairs only to find Tro a few steps behind me. I took him by the hand back to our rooms and asked Trevor to be with Tro while I was away. I had almost reached the king’s chambers when I was stopped by a commotion from behind me. There was Tro marching resolutely after me towing a resisting Trevor who begged, pleaded, and threatened Tro to come back to our rooms.

“Tro, please understand. There are times when you cannot be with me. I am perfectly safe in the King’s House. You need have no concern. Now, please go with Trevor back to our rooms. I promise to go immediately there when I have concluded my business with the king.”

Crestfallen, Tro allowed Trevor to take his hand and guide him away. Cambion stood in the hall laughing at my distress. “Come in to see father, he will enjoy hearing this next chapter about the fearsome man-beast you tamed with a word, though I fear he has pressing matters on his mind.”

“Ah, Cambion,” the king called in a whisper as we entered. No sign of the earlier energy lingered.

“Here father.”

“As I said yesterday, you must send for your brother, Reskin.”

“I’ll go at once.”

“No. You cannot leave the city. Should I die before the heir arrives, the city will be without its leader. You must send for him. Send someone you trust.” The king’s gaze came upon me. “Why Simon, of course.”

“But it is my duty, father,” Cambion protested.

“As I fear you and your brother will soon learn, your duty is to the people of the city, not to ourselves or each other. I have no doubt of your courage or ability. Still you cannot go into danger. Simon, will you take on this mission? It means great danger for you. Reskin, my heir and Cambion’s brother, as you know, has been on an extended stay in the Deep Valley. He asked to go there partially from fascination with their ways but I fear as much to be with a lovely girl he met when she visited here. Since then they have married and have had children, twins a boy and a girl. I have sought their return many times. Until recently I accepted the excuse of the tender age of the children for their not coming to our city. Then Cambion seemed to prefer his life in the Valley of the Deep with its overt displays of power and aggression. Now I fear they are detained, perhaps not as prisoners, but still detained as hostages as we heard the ambassador allude.”

“Sire, I readily accept this commission,” I said with more confidence than I felt. “I will have Gar at my side. There is nothing we cannot do.”

Cambion stroked his chin in thought. “You introduce an interesting dimension. The ambassador of the Deep Valley made a great show with his raging dogs and that man-beast. Though intended to impress us with his and the Lord of the Deep Valley’s power, it turned against him when you disarmed his beast. I think that if we expand your trip to the Deep Valley into a full diplomatic mission, perhaps stopping at a few other cities along the way, we could conceal the true nature of the visit and improve our odds of success.”

“Good, dear boy,” whispered the king.

“What do the ambassador’s dogs have to do with it?” I asked.

“Don’t you see? Gar, and now your other one, would be a far more fearsome presence. You would have the symbols of power they respect. And, you would have twice the protection.”

“I don’t know if I could subject Tro to the humiliation of being bound in chains.”

“I would not demean any creature carelessly,” Cambion assured. “Let us present the idea to Gar and Tro, is it? To see if they are willing. We cannot send a strong force to protect you without uncovering our intention to release Reskin or perhaps to rescue him. And I would be less hesitant to send you in my stead knowing you had Gar and Tro’s protection.”

“If this is something you and your friends - family really is what it is - can do for me, for the city, I am forever in your debt. I realize the danger and would not accede to Cambion’s proposal if I saw another way, but my time is short. Go and discuss this among you, but decide quickly. Please.” The king lapsed into silence though continued to ask with his eyes.

***

Cambion and I returned to my rooms. Oddly, no one was present. I had come to understand Gar’s absence with his emerging role as keeper of the Wood, but I was concerned about Trevor and Tro. A deep, prolonged sigh came from behind the closed door of Tro’s room. I raced to the door and opened it, fearing I know not what. On opening the door I discovered Trevor and Tro on the bed in rapt embrace.

“Heavens, I’m so sorry,” Trevor stammered.

I could not stifle a laugh. “No dear ones, it is I who am sorry to intrude. Please excuse me,” I said retreating from the room.

“Everything alright?” asked Cambion.

“I suspect everything has just gotten a lot better.”

Trevor emerged from the room, red-faced, followed by Tro. Tro’s face bore a smile and the signs of satisfaction.

“Simon, I did not intend to violate your trust. Tro looked so unhappy and yet so handsome. I tried to comfort him and I am afraid I let passion take control,” Trevor explained. Tro stood towering over him looking sheepish.

“Trevor, Tro, frankly I’m relieved, perhaps not as much as Tro,” I joked, “but relieved nonetheless. Our little family, as the king has called us, faced issues of compatibility that you two seem to have resolved for us all. Perhaps Tro may be persuaded to spend time in his room at night, that is if you’re willing Trevor.”

“Willing? It answers my greatest desire. I must admit that my appointment here was not wholly Devon’s idea. From the moment I saw Tro, I burned to be with him as you are with Gar.”

“Then you must be part of an adventure we are to undertake for the king,” Cambion stated. “Can you call Gar?”

Gar leapt from the treetops onto the terrace as I walked out to call him. He greeted me with an embrace and a kiss. “Gar, we have business for the king. Come in and hear Cambion explain.”

On entering the room, I could see Gar’s glance go to Tro and Trevor. I do not know whether it was Tro’s new relaxed posture, the lingering smell of sex, or Trevor’s tousled appearance, but I could tell Gar understood what had passed between them. He nodded approvingly.

Cambion observed all this and said, “I see much goes on here that is beyond my purview, though I offer congratulations, if that is appropriate. Alas, I must intrude upon your domestic life here. The king’s business is urgent. I would undertake it myself, though the king’s health and my duty here prohibit my leaving the city. Simon is asked to go on a diplomatic mission to visit several cities. This is a cover of an underlying mission to free my brother, Reskin, and his family from the Valley of the Deep where we fear they are captive.”

Gar and Trevor nodded their understanding. Tro moved near to me, I suspect in response to his protective instinct.

“More is to be asked of you, Gar and Tro. I ask it, fully accepting that you may refuse.” They looked on questioningly. “An ambassador’s importance is often judged by the perceived power of his city. Some, as the ambassador of the City of the Deep Valley, show power using symbols. You, Tro, were such a symbol.”

I stepped up to continue. “Tro, Cambion and the king are asking you to return to the role you held under the ambassador.” Tro blanched and took a step back. “Not for real, dear one, no. Only a pretense. And only for those moments when we are officially meeting with other cities.” I turned to Cambion. “I cannot bear to ask this.”

“Then I must” Cambion interrupted. “You see, you and Gar will be granted entry as the ambassador’s beasts. You will be there to protect Simon and each other. I ask this for this is truly my duty, not Simon’s and he must be protected.”

Gar moved to stand by Tro, wrapping an arm around his shoulders, looking into his face. I cannot imagine the thoughts they exchanged, though clearly volumes were spoken. Slowly Tro’s expression of fear and disgust became resolute. He stood more erect and again stepped toward me protectively.

“Is it settled then? You will go as I ask?” Cambion waited for a reply.

“I’m going, too” Trevor intruded. “An ambassador must have a scribe and attendant and I could not bear to stay safely behind when any of you are in peril. And Tro, we’ve only just begun our life together.”

“Of course you will go in the role you suggest. But Gar, Tro, is this something you can do?”

Tro wrapped his arms around me protectively and nodded. Gar placed a hand on Tro’s shoulder in a firm grip. Trevor completed our group placing his hand on Gar’s shoulder.

“Good, it’s decided then.” Cambion said with relief. “We have much to organize. I would have you leave as soon as possible. I will have Devon come so you can brief him on your current activities. He’ll also be able to prepare briefs on the cities you will initially visit on your way to the Valley of the Deep. Go in safety, my friends. Our peace, the peace of all may ride on this mission. You undertake a responsibility that is rightfully mine. Thank you. I will not rest easy until you are safely returned.” Cambion embraced each of us and left the room.

***

Devon arrived soon thereafter with prepared briefs for visits to the City of the Cliffs and the City of the Wide River. These were roughly on the way to the City of the Deep Valley and would not delay the mission. The attitude of these cities toward the recent aggressive campaigns from the Lord of the Deep Valley were unknown, but their proximity made the Lord’s influence more likely. Finding out the level of influence and the underlying sympathies of the rulers and people would be part of our mission.

Devon explained that we would be accompanied by only four guards and four men to handle the baggage wagons. He explained that most diplomatic missions travelled with greater entourages. Our mission required greater discretion and mobility. I responded that Gar and Tro provided all the security we would need. Devon looked at them, clearly recalling his first interaction with Tro, and agreed.

The entire King’s household was charged with preparing us for the mission so that we could be ready to begin the journey the next day. It was late at night when we completed the preparations. Gar escorted me to our bed. Tro came onto the terrace to assure my safety, then retired to his room. I suspect Trevor waited for him there.

A gentle night passed between Gar and me. Fear and worry dogged my dreams, though Gar’s physical presence and reassuring touching comforted me.

***

The morning dawned bright. A contented Tro led a sleepy Trevor to the terrace for breakfast. Trevor asked among yawns, “Simon, how does it work? I’ve read the ancient texts that explain about special qualities of their” referring to Gar and Tro “semen. But how all that cock fits in my ass is beyond my comprehension. “

I agreed that it was indeed miraculous and that I was thankful for the miracle. Trevor agreed with a grin. Tro petted Trevor contentedly.

End of Chapter 8
Copyright © 2014 RolandQ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..