Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 830 Words
  • 1,563 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Me Hard - 2. 246 - Instant Attraction

Prompt 246 - First Line “What now?”
Patrick has decided to become an adventure camping instructor, a plan hindered only by the fact that he is a bear. and even that is fine, if it wasn't for his new roommate Troy.

“What now?”

I stared across at my brand new bunk-mate, the beautiful blue eyed young man with the strange and yet slightly familiar scent. He repeated the question with his lilting Nordic accent and I just stood there and stared at him until I just couldn’t take the look in his chocolate eyes any longer.

“Well I’m going for a beer.” And then I dashed out of the cabin.

This was not good. I had managed to convince my parents that applying to work at Six Trees as a camp and activities instructor was a good thing, even though they were deeply unhappy with the idea of my being away on a residential job, living with normal humans full time, for four months. I lived close enough that I could go home at weekends, but it was a three hour drive, and I had no real reason to leave that often.

And now there was my new roommate and buddy for the summer. Troy smelt… like home, which was fucking bizarre, because the only people who smelt like that were other bears, and Troy didn’t look like another bear, plus., there were no other families in the country that I hadn’t met, or wasn’t related too, and I’d never seen Troy before in my life. I stamped my boots on the rough grass and headed in the direction of the mess hall, our little half size staff marquee where we ate when we weren’t looking after the kids, where we could hang out and keep our stuff. There were ten of us all told, and now that induction was over and we’d all been assigned cabins the staff were drifting back towards the fridge and the stock of beer and snacks that had been provided for our first week.

“Hey Paddy!” Nic, our sort of boss, organiser and lead instructor, waved to me and then grinned, lobbing a can of Foster’s underarm. “You all settled in?”

“Aye,” I caught the can, clicked the top and snapped it open, “Cheers.”

“So remind me.” Nic cracked open his own beer and flopped down on one of the deep sofa’s that jumbled for space with the wooden tables and folding camping chairs. “You’re Scottish?”

“Yeah, but my father is Chinese. I got the height from my mum’s side of the family though.” I rubbed my hand through my hair as I swigged my beer. From my father I had gotten my thick black hair, my faintly yellowish-tea colouring, my narrowed eyes… and my fur. As a kid I had hated it, but now that I was nearly twenty one, I appreciated being different. When family met up, it was nice being the one who was different and interesting, especially because my fur was proper jet black, but because mum was much paler, the fur that made up my wide mask was practically white. In a family of brown bears, it was cool to be part spectacled. “Thank god really, my dad is really short, I’d have never lived it down.”

“Is that right?” Nic scratched at his stubble, “How come?”

“All my uncles are really tall, if I hadn’t made six feet I’d be teased for life. In my family, I’m short.”

“Well with your build you’ll be shite at the scrambling course, that’s for sure. But you go up a tree like no one business,” Nic referred to our earlier madness and fun during induction, “You and Troy both.”

“Yeah…” There was that scent again. Troy had walked in behind me and Nic handed him a beer with a friendly grin. We were both first timer’s on the job, but Nic was in his sixth year at Six Trees, though it was only his second running the show. I turned to look at Troy, and suddenly the truth hit me like a ten pound salmon right upside the head.

He was the one.

He was a shifter, though he wasn’t a bear.

We were gonna be fucking like bunnies before the sun came up.

Troy’s small smile told me that he’d realised this well before I had, which explained his earlier question, and I thanked any gods there might have been that I didn’t blush in too obvious a manner. Troy’s pale skin was pink, his freckles very prominent across the bridge of his nose. If Nic noticed the tension between us, he didn’t say anything about it, but wordlessly we drank our beers, and maintained eye contact. I could feel him undressing me. I did the same, smirking constantly.

“Patrick…” Troy said my name like he owned it, and I shivered because I liked that. I stepped forwards.

He was the one, the man I’d been looking for and we were going to be spending the next four months in ether the company of co-workers or human children and young teenagers. I was having a hard enough time not ripping his clothes of now.

Well fuck, that was inconvenient.

I had to stop here, because otherwise this is going to turn into a whole damn story. if y'all are good, i might right it for ya. xxx
Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 07/20/2013 10:18 AM, nostic said:
Please please. It sounded so interesting I got disappointed when it ended. :thankyou:
welcome. i had to stop because i could just feel the rest of the story itching at my fingers...
Link to comment
On 07/20/2013 10:43 AM, Kitt said:
Please? For your Ma? I'll edit if you like.
anything for you ma. challenge accepted
Link to comment
On 07/20/2013 12:13 PM, ElleRachelle said:
Please develop this...I want to get to know these people. :thumbup:
Patrick is cute, Troy is.... you wanna guess what sort of fur he has?
Link to comment
On 07/21/2013 12:15 AM, Slytherin said:
Please, sir, I want some more :P Great story :2thumbs:
yes, you will. end of the summer, probably.
Link to comment
On 07/20/2013 11:18 PM, secretsides said:
I'm really liking the undertone of humor I am sensing. :)

Hope you continue it

humour and sexy shifters. what could possibly go wrong?
Link to comment

well by now we all know this small snippet turned into the most amazing story ever. And there were even real bunnies in it *snicker* ^_^

Link to comment
On 09/14/2014 05:32 PM, Timothy M. said:
well by now we all know this small snippet turned into the most amazing story ever. And there were even real bunnies in it *snicker* ^_^
good snippet, eh?
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..