Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 1,464 Words
  • 744 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Little Shorties - 2. You are my Sunshine

Prompt 233

You Are My Sunshine

Prompt 233: “Somehow, I just never expected this.”

 

“AJ, where are you babe?”

“In here Lou, in the kitchen.”

Lou walked in the kitchen, seeing AJ standing at the sink with his bright red apron and cowboy hat on. “Hey, did you get the mail out of the box already?” Lou asked, walking over and giving AJ a kiss on the cheek.

“What the hell was that?” AJ asked.

The dark, intent look on AJ’s face made Lou nervous.

“What, I just asked if you got the mail already. What’s the problem?” Lou said with his eyes getting big thinking he said or did something wrong.

AJ reached out, tucking a careless finger under Lou’s chin. “The only thing you did wrong babe, was not giving me a proper kiss that I want from you.” AJ looked at Lou smiling. “Now give me a proper kiss.”

Lou put his arms on AJ’s shoulders, titling AJ’s hat back off his forehead. “You want a proper kiss do you? And can you tell me what is a proper kiss compared to the ones I always give you?”

“No, but I can show you, you ornery cuss.” AJ put his hand on the back of Lou’s head, leaning forward connecting their lips together. He ran his tongue over Lou’s lips until he opened them up for him, inserting his tongue in Lou’s mouth, loving the taste. Pulling back looking into his eyes, “Now that is a proper kiss.”

“Ok, I will try and remember the difference between a proper kiss and my kisses since I guess mine are not proper enough.” Lou smiled dropping his arms. He opened the icebox to get a cola, opened it and took a long drink of it.

“Smart ass, you know I was only joking. I love all your kisses and everything else about you.” AJ turned back to the sink to finish washing the dishes he used to cook dinner. “Dinner will be ready in two minutes. Will you set the table? And I will bring it to the table.”

“Ok, what we having tonight?” Lou got the dishes out and walked to the dining room.

“Cornbread Hash that you like so much.” AJ dried his hands and pulled the dish out of the oven taking it to the table. He pulled off the apron and laid it on the back of the chair and put his hat on the seat of the chair upside down. Lou went and got his cola and a glass of ice, then got AJ his normal glass of ice milk, taking them to the table.

AJ spooned out them each a portion and put it on their plates. He looked at Lou, “Hey why did you ask if I got the mail?”

‘I am waiting on something to come in and was just wondering if it might have got here yet.”

“There is a letter for you on the bar, it was in the mail along with some bills that came in to be paid,” AJ said wondering what Lou was waiting on to come in the mail.

Lou got up and got the letter and came back to the table. “Guess I had better open it. It is now or never.” Lou opened it and pulled out the piece of paper that was in it. He started reading it, smiling.

“Well it must be good news since you are smiling,” AJ said looking at Lou.

Lou folded the paper back up and put in the envelope. “It is babe, good news for both of us.”

“For both of us?” AJ said raising his eyebrows’.

Lou started eating his food, thinking that not giving AJ any information about the letter is just eating him up by not knowing what it was. He looked at AJ saying, “You’re not eating Babe.” grinning.

“You are a real smart ass when you want to be. Now tell me what the hell was on that piece of paper, since it refers to me too.” AJ did not like to be kept in the dark about anything and he gets real agitated when it happens.

Lou knows how AJ is when he keeps things from him, but this is so good he can’t help himself. “Come on babe, eat and then I will show you the letter. You need to keep your strengthen up, babe.” Lou started eating again, smiling.

“Ok, if that is how you want to play this out, I will play along,” AJ said gritting his teeth.

Lou smiled at AJ.

When dinner was done they cleaned up the kitchen. AJ was standing in front of the sink with his back to it looking at Lou. “Tell me what came in the mail Lou. You know I will just keep asking till you tell me.”

Lou walked up to AJ putting his arms around AJ’s waist looking at him. “AJ come sit with me on the couch and I will explain everything to you.” Lou took hold of AJ’s hand and led him to the couch, sitting down and patting the cushion next to him. AJ sat down looking at Lou.

“Ok, the letter was from my uncle back east. He is married to my mom’s sister, anyways his mother passed away and left him her summer house in California. He asked me if I would be willing to move there and live in it, rent free, all I had to do was keep up on the repairs and upkeep on it. So I told him to send me the outline of everything that he wants and then I would let him know what I decided to do. I know I want to do this but I won’t if you are not wanting to. I love you and want to make a life with you so this is going to be a joint decision if we do this or not.” Lou looked at AJ seeing him smiling.

“Lou I would love to go with you, but what about jobs. We both have jobs here but we won’t have one there for at least a couple months, maybe less, hopefully.”

“I have my savings which is pretty high right now, since we both have been saving for a down payment on a house. So we could live on that for a while and you have your savings so we should be ok doing this. All we have to take is our trucks and personal things, the house is furnished with everything we would need. I can have my uncle send us a list of things that he knows that is there and maybe he has some pictures of the house, which would help us decide if this is what we want to do.” Lou leaned over and gave AJ a long kiss, tongue and all.

AJ set back on the couch looking at the ceiling saying, “You know there is nothing holding me here, my family has all moved away from this town so I don’t see a reason we can’t do this. With it being rent free, we could start saving again when we find jobs and just maybe buy a house in California instead of here in Montana. Call your uncle and see if he will let you know what is out there and pictures if he has any. Then we can make our mind up then.” AJ grinned “It would be great to leave this town and start a new life with you by my side.”

“That is what I was thinking when he offered this to me. My family might not like it but that is not going to stop me from leaving. They have always tried to run my life and when you came along, they pretty much backed off after you told them to leave me alone.” Lou started laughing thinking back on the altercation between his parents and AJ. “I wish I had found you a long time ago when I tried to move out.”

“You know babe. Somehow, I just never expected this. It is like someone has been watching over us and is giving us a way out so we can start a new life together, in a new town, new state, new house, new everything. This is time to celebrate our new life together. Let’s go and contact your uncle, then go out and have the biggest steak in town.” AJ had the biggest shit eating grin on his face. He picked up Lou and started turning in circles laughing his ass off, at their good fortune that has come their way.

Copyright © 2014 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..