Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 3,461 Words
  • 3,147 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 15. Chapter 15

Chapter 15

 

Rob and David were relaxing on the couch watching TV. David was laying down with his head in Rob’s lap, wondering if Rob was going to tell him what his dad told him on the phone. David turned his head and looked at Rob.

“Babe, who was on the phone? I thought I heard your cell phone ring when we were laying down on the bed.”

Rob looked down at David putting his hand on his cheek. Rob had a frown on his face; he was thinking how he was going to tell David about his dad.

“It was my dad. He called to tell us that Eric was going to prosecute your dad. He is going to charge him with three counts. Assault with attempt to do bodily harm, use of a deadly weapon and the last one is attempted murder.” Rob looked into David’s eyes to see what kind of reaction he was getting when he said the last count against his dad.

David looked at Rob with raised eyebrows. “How can they charge him with the third one? Ya he was angry but I don’t think he would have followed through with killing me. I have had time to think about what happened and yes I saw his red face and how angry he was but I don’t think he was in his right mind with what he was doing.”

“Hun, they have him on tape confessing to wanting you dead. I can’t say that they are going to get it to stick on that count but it is on tape. We will just have to wait to see what Eric decides to do.”

“Ok, I understand that it is on tape but he was just mad at me for not getting Jack out of jail, which I am not doing. I don’t care what he says or does, I will not go to jail for anybody when I did not do anything wrong.” David turned back to face the TV thinking that just maybe he was wrong about his dad.

Rob was running his fingers through David’s hair. “Babe, I love you so much. I don’t want to lose you over all this crap. We need to stick together on this. I am not going to tell you what you should do but I am going to tell you my opinion about what is going on. You have to make the final decision but we have to keep an open mind and communicate.” Rob was getting a little worried about David. David’s parents were showing their true colors about his lifestyle and Rob did not like what he was seeing at all.

“I love you too Rob. I just wish I could figure out what made my dad do what he did. I am wondering if maybe Jack said something to him to make him think that the drugs were mine. I can always go see Jack and ask but I don’t want to see him right now plus your Dad asked me to not go around him until everything is taken care of with the courts.” David turned and reached up and gave Rob a kiss on the lips. “Can I have some cuddling now? I could sure use your arms around me.” David pouted.

“Sit up so we can both lay down together and I can hold you. I think we both need some cuddling right now.”

Rob stretched out with his back to the couch and David laid down in front of him. Rob wrapped his arms around David holding him. “You make me feel so relaxed when you hold me. Like nothing is going hurt me or get to me. You are my world Rob and I don’t want to ever be anywhere else but in your arms.” David put his hands on Rob’s arms and gave them a squeeze then just held on to them like they were his lifesavers.

Rob tightened his hold on David, kissing the side of David’s head. “I am not going anywhere Babe.”

They were watching an old western on TV when Rob’s phone started ringing. Rob grabbed it off the coffee table looking to see who it was. “It is the realtor.” Rob answered the call.

“Hi Julie….ya we don’t have anything planned this weekend….sure let us know where and we will meet you there to look at it….that is great….thanks for calling….ok, let me know.” Rob hung up and put his phone back on the table.

“Babe, Julie found us a house to look at this weekend. She said it was only a couple miles from Dad’s house and closer to our work.”

“Did she say what there was in it?”

“It is a four bedroom, two bath, big yard, swimming pool, two car garage, twenty-eight hundred square feet. She did say that the price was good at only two forty nine. It just came on the market.”

“What would we have to put down on something like that? We need to keep the payment down low so we don’t bury ourselves with the payments and the upkeep on the place.” David turned to face Rob smiling.

“I don’t know, but it is under the price we decided on to start with so we should be fine. I was going to talk to you later about something but since Julie called I think we need to talk now on this.” Rob pushed David’s hair back off his forehead kissing the tip of his nose.

“What do we have to talk about? I thought we had decided everything already.”

“Well I was going over some papers and started putting all the figures down on paper and possibly came up with something that we have to decide on.”

“And?”

“Well, I was wondering how you would feel with us not having any house payment.” David was trying to sit up but Rob held on to him so he couldn’t. “Babe, wait let me explain what I was saying before you get all worried.” Rob got David to relax and stay where he was. “I have my trust from my mom that I have not touched it since it was opened up. And I have my savings which is not too small, I put one-third of my paychecks in the savings every month so I have a pretty big nest egg built up.” Rob stopped talking. He was just looking at David to see if he was going to make a comment.

“Ya and what does that have to do with us buying a house? If you think for one minute that you are going to pay for the house yourself, think again buster. I will not let you do that; if I cannot carry some of the burden then I will just find an apartment to live in. I don’t want that hanging over my head everyday thinking that the house is yours and not ours.” David said, and then was trying to get up from the couch. Rob would not let him go so he relaxed until Rob stopped holding on to tight. When Rob did that David rolled off the couch and stood up. He went into the kitchen to get something cold to drink and another pill since his neck was hurting again.

Rob got up and followed David. “Babe, let me explain what I was getting at please.” Rob walked up behind David and wrapped his arms around him. “Please, will you listen to me?”

David swallowed the pill and turned in Rob’s arms. “Finish then, but I will have my say in this too.”

“Yes you will Babe. I am only thinking that it would be so much easier on both of us if we did not have such a big payment but still get what we want in a home. David, I have never said what I have in my trust fund and savings. I know you don’t care about the money since we had talked about it months ago. I want to show you what I have written down so you can see what I am talking about. Come with me.” Rob took hold of David’s hand and took him in the bedroom and he sat him down at the desk and put a tablet in front of him. “Look at this.”

David looked at the tablet and his eyes almost popped out of his head. He was looking at all of Rob’s accounts from his trust fund to savings to all his investments. The total figure was more than David would make in fifty years of working. “Rob where did you get all this money from? This is more than I would make in my lifetime.” David turned and looked at Rob.

“I invested some and then did some stock trading. I had gotten a large sum from when my mom passed away and I had my dad help me invest a little of it, which paid off for me. I sold all my stocks last year and all that is in one of my savings accounts, just sitting there. You see I don’t want you to feel that I am trying to buy you. I want to buy us a house so that we can live our lives together. I don’t want either of us to have to work over time to pay for the house when I have all this money just sitting there doing nothing. I want both of us to have time to travel and just have a life outside of work. Ya, I have the business and you have your job but there are other things in life besides working. Please Babe, let me do this for us. The house will be in both our names and it will be just as much your home as mine.” Rob was on his knees next to David sitting in the desk chair looking up at him. “Please Babe. I love you and I want us to have a beautiful home and maybe some kiddos to raise with you. That is why I want a big house.”

“Rob, I don’t know what to say right now. I know I have a lot hanging over my head and now with this coming up I am almost at the bottom of my will power to go on. I just need to come to terms with everything and then we can talk. You can go look at the house this weekend and see if you like it, then in the middle of the week I might be able to go look at it too if I can get caught up at work. I am going to have to work this weekend to make up the time I have taken off already.” David got up and went into the bathroom shutting the door. He had a lot to think about now with what Rob just laid in his lap, his trust fund, his parents and brother. He did not know which way to turn anymore, he felt like his life was going out of control and he doesn’t know how to stop the rollercoaster so he could get off the damn thing. He washed his face and looked at his watch seeing it was almost four pm. He was getting hungry so he went to find Rob and see what he wanted for dinner tonight.

David found Rob laying on the bed with his eyes closed. He walked up to the side of the bed, “Babe, what would you want for dinner tonight? I need to pull something out of the freezer.” David sat on the side of the bed putting his hand on Rob’s hip rubbing it.

“Nothing, I can find something later on to eat. You can pull something out for yourself if you want to.” Rob was trying to control the tears so David would not see them. He had his back to David.

“Rob roll over and talk to me please.” David did not understand why Rob was not looking at him.

Rob rubbed his eyes and then rolled over looking at David.

David saw the tear tracks that Rob did not get off his cheeks. “Rob what is wrong? Why the tears?”

“David, I just want us to live together and love each other. I don’t want us to fight on everything we try to do.” Rob could not hold back the tears anymore.

David laid down next to Rob holding him. “Babe I am not going anywhere. I am just trying to come to terms with everything that is happening in my life. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster and it will not stop. My head is spinning around everything that is happening and I don’t know which way to go anymore. With my parents, the missing money, Jack, my dad hurting me, and now you and all that money, I don’t know which way to turn.” David felt like he was having a break down and he let his emotions take over. “I need you to be my rock, if I lose that rock I don’t know what will happen. I love you. I know you and I will work this all out in the end but I need you here helping me.”

Rob looked at David seeing tears. “David I am not going anywhere. We don’t have to buy a house with that money. We can just put a little down and then make the payments if that is what you want to do. I was just thinking it would be something we would not have to worry about every month. But if you don’t want to buy a house outright that is fine with me.”

“Let’s talk about all this later after dinner. I am getting hungry so what do you want me to cook? We have some chops in the freezer if that is ok with you.” David said wiping his face with his shirtsleeve.

“That is fine if that is what you want to have. I am going to call Dad and see if he can go with me to look at the house since you will be at work. I will have Julie set something up for you to go look at it if you still want to do that. Or I can just call her back and cancel it all together. There will be other houses we can look at together when you don’t have to work.” Rob was reaching over to get his phone off the nightstand.

David reached over before Rob got his phone and knocked it on the floor. “No, I will go with you Saturday to look at it. I will just have to work some late hours to catch up on my work.”

“Why did you knock my phone on the floor?”

“So you could not call anybody.”

“Why? I was only going to call Dad.”

“We don’t need him to go with you to look at what maybe our home. If you want him to go that is fine but since he will not be living in it I don’t see why he has to have a say in what we buy.” David smiled at Rob trying to get him to smile back.

“No, he doesn’t have to go with me but you said you have to work this weekend so I was going to get him to go so I did not have to do it on my own. But, since you are now saying you will go, I don’t need him to go. God, I am getting confused with all this.” Rob growled throwing his arms up in the air.

David sat up and pulled Rob up with him. “Rob calm down please. I will go with you to look at the house. Just remember I might have to work some late hours to catch up at work. I will have to talk to Steve and see what he says first. He might just let me go in earlier and get off at my regular time. I have been off since Wednesday last week and now I will be off until Wednesday this week. So, I will have to figure it all out so I can get caught up. Crap, I forgot your dad’s garage and my stuff still there. I need to get it all moved to storage still. Damn it when it rains it pours. When am I going to get a break?” David put his hands over his face rubbing it.

“You don’t work tomorrow so let’s do it then. I can go into the shop in the morning and work half day then help you move your things to storage in the afternoon. Babe we can work all this out just give it some time to cool down and not worry about it all at one time.” Rob was rubbing David’s shoulder. Rob kissed David’s cheek. “Since you got me out of bed what are you cooking for me? I sure would like some pork chops and applesauce.”

David looked at Rob, “You goof. Come with me and I will see what I can fix for your stomach.”

David got out the chops to thaw, Rob made both of them something to drink.

They were sitting on the couch holding each other when Rob said, “Why don’t we talk to Dad about buying a house out right. He might have a few suggestions on what we should do and how to do it. Since he just bought one himself.”

“That might help us, but we have to make the final decisions on what we do.”

“Ok, I was sitting here thinking that, how about we find a place that is in our price range then say two hundred fifty, then we put half down, that leaves one twenty five owing on it. Our payments should be around one thousand dollars a month, that’s five hundred for each of us to pay. Then that will leave enough from our paychecks to still do maintenance, pay the insurance and travel if we want to.” Rob smiled at David thinking he just solved their argument.

David saw Rob smiling; he reached over and gave him a kiss. “That sounds good Babe. Just remember, that until I get my money back from this lawyer I won’t have enough to put seventy-five thousand down.”

Rob had a frown on his face when David was done saying that. “Babe, instead of all this, let’s just go look at a few house then get with the loan officer and let him do all the figures. He should know what we could do and not do. If we told him, what we want in as a house payment he can help us with all this back and forth. I don’t want us to have any more disagreements over money issues. You know what I have in the bank now and I know what you have.”

“That sounds like a good plan to me.” David started laughing.

“Why you laughing?” Rob had a confused look on his face.

“We had our first big disagreement and I thought it was cute how we worked it out all by ourselves.” David smiled. “Babe, I love you very much. But, when we don’t agree about something, we need to sit and talk about it but only after we both have had time to think it over. I don’t want us to jump in with both feet and have a fight about whatever it is.”

“I think that works just fine with me. I love you too Babe.”

“Let’s eat dinner, I am hungry.” David stood and took ahold of Rob’s hand and pulled him up from the couch. David wrapped his arms around Rob’s neck giving him a kiss. “Come on, you can help me cook.”

“I don’t cook like you do. How about I just watch you fix dinner.” Rob smiled.

“You can push buttons and use a can opener can’t you?”

“Yes I can, smart butt.”

“Well then you can help me.”

As dinner was cooking the house phone rang. David was at the stove cooking the chops. He looked at Rob standing at the table putting applesauce into a bowl wondering who was calling on that phone.

“Wonder who that is? That phone hardly ever rings.” Rob answered the phone.

“Hello…Hi Dad, Why you calling the house phone?...No David knocked it off the night stand and I did not hear it ringing, we are in the kitchen cooking dinner…Ok…Bye.” Rob hung up and went in the bedroom to get his cell phone.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..