Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 2,457 Words
  • 1,046 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Need Help Mom - 1. Prompt 250

‘Here we go again!’ I was thinking when I walked in the house and closed the door seeing my mother standing there.

“Here.” She was holding her hand out with some cash in it.

“What is that for?”

“You need to go and meet Robbie. He will be at Smity’s in half hour.” She crammed the money in my front pocket.

“Why?”

“Because I said so.”

“That is not a reason.”

“I don’t have to give you a reason, young man.”

“If you want me to do something that could get me in trouble, then I think I deserve a reason.”

‘Slap’

“There, is that reason enough.”

I looked at my mother with hatred in my eyes. “No, it is not. If you want drugs, you go get them. I am not your errand boy anymore.” I turned to go back to my room.

“You get your ass back here right now,” she screamed.

I turned around looking at her. “No, if you want them, you go get them. I am not going to get arrested for drugs when they are not mine.” I finished walking to my room shutting the door and locking it, knowing she would come through the door screaming at me. I pulled out the money to see how much was there, which I counted out five one hundred dollar bills. My god, how much did she want me get this time.

I put the money in my top drawer. I sat down on my bed, pulled out my math textbook to start on the work that I had to turn in tomorrow. Just like clockwork, she started pounding on my door, yelling at me to open it. I ignored her and kept on working. I was so used to her yelling that I just blocked it out anymore. I got done with the Math homework and started on the English stuff, which is one of my best subjects besides Math. I am carrying an ‘A’ in both classes, which will help me for when I go to the college I want to. I have been thinking of going back east since my parents will be here on the west coast. My grandparents left me a big trust fund and I know that I can get a scholarship so all my expenses would be paid for. I can find an apartment of my own and get me another car so I did not have to depend on anybody. But most of all, I will be away from my sweet, loveable mother. Bitch….

I finished all my homework and was putting everything away when I heard the front door slam shut. I guess Dad was home, pissed off again.

“Get down here, JR.”

I opened the door, looked over the banister seeing my dad standing there. “What? I was doing my homework.”

“I need to talk to you, come downstairs.”

“Where is Mom at? I don’t want to fight with her Dad.”

“I know she called me. Come downstairs so we can talk.”

I went downstairs knowing that mom was in the house somewhere. I walked in the family room and sat down in one of the big chairs with the back to the wall so I could watch if she comes in the room. I don’t trust her coming up behind me and attacking me when she is coming down off her drugs. I look at my father seeing that he was not mad at me, he was just mad being pulled from some meeting he was probably in.

“JR, what did she say and do when all this crap started? I want your side of it, since her side is so far-fetched it is unbelievable.”

I told dad everything that was said and that she slapped me. He just shook his head.

“Ok, I am going to call her doctor and let him know I am signing the papers. She will be going into a rehab clinic or she will be leaving this house. I am tired and I know you are with all her crap. This was the last straw when she wanted you to go get her drugs for her.”

“Dad it was not the first time this has happened. It is the first time I told her ‘no’, so she went ballistic on me. I had to lock myself in my room to keep her away from me.”

“You mean to tell me you went and got her drugs for her.”

“Yes, I had to. She told me she would take my car away, take all my stuff and toss it, if I did not get them. I have been doing it for a couple of months, since CJ left. He was getting them before that. Why do you think he left? He almost got busted by the cops, with them on him. He told me that he was not going to be her Ginny pig anymore and that he was leaving.”

“So that was the real reason he is not here.” He looked at me with tears in his eyes. “Can you get him on the phone for me; he will not take my calls for some reason.”

“Sure.” I got my cell out and called. “Hey, are you busy? Ya, can you come over to the house? Dad and I need to talk to you. Ya, she is crashed I guess. Ya, dad wanted me to call. No, I’m ok but something is coming down and we need you here. Ok, see you in a bit.” I hung up the call looking at dad. “He is on his way. He did ask if mom was here and was not going to come by if she was going to cause trouble.”

“As long as I am here it will be fine, I hope.” Dad got up and went to the kitchen. I looked at the doorway and saw mom standing there with glossy eyes staring at me.

“You are nothing but a faggot; I want you out of my house right this minute.” She came at me with her fist raised to hit me.

I jumped up ready to defend myself but dad beat me to it. He grabbed her around the waist to hold her back from me. “Susan, calm down. If you don’t, I will have you arrested for assault to a minor. You will not hit on these kids. I have had enough of your shit. Either calm down or you will leave this house right now.” Dad got her to sit down on the couch. I stayed where I was; ready to defend myself if she came at me again.

I looked at dad. “She hits me one more time I will defend myself. I don’t care if she is my mother, she will not hit me again.”

Dad stood there looking at me. “Son, do what you have to do, I don’t care anymore, I’m done with all her crap.” Dad looked at mom. “This is it, we are all done. I know the truth now about the drugs. It is either you go in the rehab clinic or you will leave this house and not be allowed back. I will file divorce papers and sign them. You will no longer be in our kids’ lives or mine.” He stared at her waiting for an answer. “Well, what will it be Susan? Are the drugs more important than your family?”

The doorbell rang. “I will get it.” I opened the door and CJ was standing there. “All hell has broken loose around here. Come into the family room but watch your back.” CJ just looked at me like I had three heads.

“Led the way. Is dad ok?”

“Ya he is letting mom have it with both barrels. Just keep your temper to a low level.” We both walked into a firestorm.

“I will not have a faggot living in my home. I already got rid of one of them and I will see the other faggot gone too. I am not going to the clinic; I am staying right here in my home.” Mom was spitting out her words like a rabid animal.

“Oh you think so do you? JR do you have your phone still on you?” Dad asked looking at me with wild eyes.

“Yes, why?” CJ put his hand on my shoulder to keep me calm.

“Dad, do you want me to call?” CJ asked.

“NO, I will call.” Dad took my phone and dialed 911.

Mom was sitting there with a smug look on her face. “What the hell are you doing here?” she was looking at CJ.

He ignored her, and motioned me into the kitchen. “What the hell is going on?”

I told him what happened and he went off when I told him that she slapped me when I would not go get her drugs for her. “That bitch.” He went to walk back in where mom was at but I stopped him. “Let dad handle it CJ. I told him everything so he can handle what needs to be done.”

“She has not right to put her hands on you. I should have told dad a long time ago and then none of this would be happening.” CJ slumped into a chair at the table.

“CJ, she is out of control. The drugs she is on is going to kill her if she does not get the help she needs. Dad is forcing her hand in all this. This is not your fault or mine. She is to blame for all this.” I walked up behind him and gave him a hug. “I have missed you around here. Move back home, please.”

“I can’t as long as she is here JR, I would probably end up in jail because of her and I am not letting her have that control over me.”

“If she leaves will you come back?”

“Ya, I would. I hate sleeping on Nick’s couch.”

“Good because she is leaving tonight one way or the other.” I had a smug look on my face.

“What is going on that you have not told me?”

“Dad is going to have her arrested for assault on a minor, since I am still under 18 years old. That is why he wanted my phone.”

“Shit.”

We were standing there talking when we heard mom yelling. We walked back in the living room and saw two cops standing there trying to talk to mom.

She looked over at both of us standing there. “You’re the cause of this. If you had done, what I told you to do, none of this would be happening, you damn faggot. I want you out of here, both of you.”

“I’m not leaving and neither is CJ. You’re the one that hit me because I would not go get your drugs for you. Mom you need help, go to the clinic and get clean then maybe we can have a relationship. But until then I don’t want you in my life.” I said with tears running down my face. CJ took me into a hug, which I needed bad.

“Calm down bro, she is not worth it when she is this way.”

The cops were talking to dad. “Yes I want to file charges against her for hitting my son.”

The cops put Susan in handcuffs. She was yelling so load you could not understand anything she was saying. We walked over to dad. I gave him a hug along with CJ.

“Dad, she needs help. Let them do their job and maybe she will get better.”

“I know CJ, but this is hard seeing her like this. She has completely gone off the deep end and I hope she can find her way back to the surface. I am still going to file divorce papers. I am done with her. I cannot trust her anymore.”

“I know dad. We will be here for you, you won’t be alone.”

“CJ will you move back here and help with the house and your brother?”

“Yep already talked to him and he said he would.” I looked at CJ smiling.

“Ya Dad, I have to go get my things but I will be here for you and my brother.”

“Good, I love you both. Thanks. I need to call Sam and see if he will bring over Danny. I need his dog to check the house out for drugs so she can’t say we have them in the house and that they are ours. Do either of you know where she keeps them? I feel so stupid not knowing what is going on in my own home.”

“Dad, don’t do this to yourself. This is her fault not ours. JR, go check their room but don’t touch anything if you find it. Her prints will be on it if there is any to be found. Dad call Sam.”

“What are you going to do?” I asked CJ.

“I am going to get some reinforcements and have this house searched from top to bottom. Sometimes those dogs don’t find everything.” He smiled at us getting his phone out walking away.

“Sir, we need you to come to the station and sign the paperwork as soon as possible. Can anybody tell us what kind of drugs she is on?” One of the cops asked.

Dad looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders. “Maybe CJ would know? CJ come here.” I yelled since I did not know where he went to.

CJ walked back in talking on the phone. “Hey, do you know what drugs Mom is on. I don’t know and neither does dad?”

CJ looked at me with a strange look on his face. He looked at the cop and told him ‘meth’ and that she has been on it for about six months. He looked at dad and told him, “I will explain everything later.” He turned back around and went into the kitchen talking on the phone again.

The cop thanked us and left. We were just standing there looking at each other. Dad grabbed me and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. “I love you son.”

“I love you too dad. We will get through this, I promise.” I squeezed him back and then walked into the kitchen seeing CJ still on his phone. I tapped his shoulder motioning that I was going to my room.

I got to my room, pulled my phone out and called Greg. “Hey can you come over for a bit. I really need you to hold me. Ok, I love you. See you soon.” I hung up the phone.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Meth destroys families, relationships and people. Addicts can't see it. They are caught up in a horrible death spiral and often take down those around them.

I am involved in an anonymous program that focuses on drugs and I know how hard it is for these addicts to kick and how much damage they do on the way down.

It's not at all uncommon for a meth user in their 20s to look like they are in their 40s. It really wrecks their health.

Thanks for addressing this issue. The family in this story did the only thing they could. Meth addicts get paranoid, delusional and dangerous. It is as serious as it gets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/26/2015 05:37 PM, jamessavik said:
Meth destroys families, relationships and people. Addicts can't see it. They are caught up in a horrible death spiral and often take down those around them.

I am involved in an anonymous program that focuses on drugs and I know how hard it is for these addicts to kick and how much damage they do on the way down.

It's not at all uncommon for a meth user in their 20s to look like they are in their 40s. It really wrecks their health.

Thanks for addressing this issue. The family in this story did the only thing they could. Meth addicts get paranoid, delusional and dangerous. It is as serious as it gets.

Thank you for your comment and thoughts. When I started this little story I was wondering if I was going to get it right or not. I don't have any family or friends using meth that I know of, so I am kinda going with what I read about and have watched on TV. Any input would be great help. Thanks again.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..