Jump to content
    SidLove
  • Author
  • 3,716 Words
  • 5,279 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bad Romance - 7. Chapter 7

If you like this story, don't forget to "Like" it and you will be notified whenever there is an update. And if you like any chapter update, do give me some rep points by clicking the green "+" button down there. I could do with some lol

When Gust got breathless, he broke the kiss. He had an amusing smile on his face. A few minutes ago he was feeling like ass, and now he was stoked for what would be coming his way from now on. He never thought of Joe in romantic way before he experienced kissing Joe ... his first kiss ever! And he was glad it came from someone who actually liked him.

Joe was smiling sweetly at him as he eyed him sensually.

“I don’t understand.” Gust said confused, “I thought you’d be hurt by what I did.” Suddenly, he realized something and his mood went down again. He sighed sadly, “Perchance, you wanted to show me how it feels to raise someone’s hopes falsely, and then shatter their heart into pieces. Believe me, I feel really guilty about what I did.”

That got a chuckle out of Joe, and he caressed Gust’s cheek to assure him. “You are so silly. Why would I do that? I don’t believe in revenge or payback, if that’s what you think I’d do. No way!”

The look on his face proved that what he said was uttered from his heart. “I don’t know. How can you forgive me?”

“Who said anything about forgiveness?” Joe let his hand drop off Gust’s face and pulled up a straight face. “Frankly, I already knew there was something up with you. I didn’t know what, but even though I knew I was destined for heartbreak, I kept up a normal facade.”

“Why?”

“I dunno ... maybe my heart didn’t want me to let you go.” He stared right into Gust’s brown eyes when he said that.

“... and you felt that way because...?” Gust wanted to know.

“Because I love you.” The words escaped his mouth before even he had the time to consider revising them in his mind. They had become a habit to his mouth ever since he had met Gust in Java, and he just blurted them out this time.

Gust’s mouth went dry with Joe's sudden confession. For a moment, he didn’t understand if it was real or if it was just a dream. “What ... but how could you? We’ve just met.” He stated as a matter of fact.

Joe shrugged. “But this is how I feel. Guess it was love at first sight for me.”

Gust looked down and mumbled, “And the second sight dispelled it.”

“Nope! It paid off to take a second look.” He chuckled. “But no pressure; I didn’t plan to tell you about it so soon. So take your time, and it’s okay if you don’t have the same feelings towards me.”

It was unbelievable. A great respect rose in Gust's mind for Joe with those words. “You are a great guy, Joe. Can I ... kiss you?” He asked bashfully.

“Yes!” Joe got a toothy grin from that proposal. Gust took his face in his hands and pushed his lips forcefully on Joe’s. It was the need of time, and maybe ... a glint of attraction for Joe that he had been hiding deep inside him, that got the best of him when he kissed Joe.

When they broke apart, Joe had a serious look on his face. “Now, time for your punishment.”

“What?” Gust was taken aback.

“Yes, you can’t escape it, Mr. Rivera.”

Gust nodded. “I am ready for whatever punishment you decide for me.”

“Tomorrow is Sunday. My mom and dad won’t be home till late, and I can manage to sexile my sister in afternoon, so that you and I can get some alone time together. Fair enough?”

Gust looked into the naughty emerald eyes and smiled shaking his head. “You are too lenient. I thought you would ...” and a thought crossed his mind, making him freeze in horror. To clear his head, he asked hesitantly, “What do you mean by sexile your sister to leave us alone?”

Joe realized how sick it must have sounded when he said that, so he held out his hands promising, “No funny business ... just a casual date. And I want to get to know you.”

“Oh ... that’s okay I guess.” He exhaled in relief. He wasn’t ready for anything else yet.

“So how about I pick you up at your place?” Joe asked, “I can give you a ride back home afterwards.”

Gust nodded his approval.

“Cool!” Now he couldn't wait for tomorrow. “Come on, get inside the car. I will drop you off at home.” Joe grinned.

@@@

Noah lost his smile. “Luke?!” Noah’s throat went dry looking at his alluring student sitting beside him, with whom he had just shared a mind-blowing kiss. “Holy crap!” He quickly stood up on his wobbly feet, looking down at Luke in horror. His forehead perspired in panic. This must just be a horrible nightmare he thought; this wasn’t supposed to happen; he could get in big trouble.

People from the back row began yelling for him to sit down, as he blocked their view of the screen. Luke looked over his back and again at Noah. He opened his mouth but nothing came out; not a single word. He was, without any doubt, overwhelmed by the kiss. He still felt dizzy by that great feeling.

Suddenly, he saw Noah walking past him and approaching the exit.

“Noah...” he called after at him and ran to follow him out. But Noah wouldn’t stop. He hurried out of the movie theatre with the intention to leave. He wanted to go back home as soon as possible.

Once outside, Luke quickened his pace, and before Noah could get into his car, Luke caught up with him.

“Hey, wait up!” Luke placed his hand on his shoulder, but Noah shrugged it off sharply, as if it had burned him.

He turned roughly to face Luke and glared daggers at him. “I was putting up with all of your shit, just because I thought you were a kid acting up because of his stupid infatuation for his teacher. But I was wrong.” He scowled. His eyes were bloodshot and he was yelling by now. “You are one of those sick faggots who want to satisfy the needs of their body, by hook or by crook. You disgust me, Luke Snyder; you make me sick; I want to spit on you.”

“Noah..?” Luke’s eyes dampened rapidly. Every word coming from Noah was like a knife stabbing his heart.

“Quit calling me that.” He yelled. “It sounds filthy to me every time I hear it. You think you are capable of luring anyone in this fucking world, but I am the exception. And you better accept that as soon as you can.”

Noah’s whole body was shivering with an uncontrollable anger. But then his eyes met the sight of a glistening teardrop that started right from the corner of Luke’s eye that stared at him, and rolled down his face. And he realized what insensitive things he had said to Luke just now. This seemed to calm his anger down.

But he didn’t let Luke see it, and he turned swiftly away. He got into his car and drove off. He looked at Luke through the rear view mirror while driving away, and felt his heart go out for that guy. But this was probably for the best, he thought.

Luke couldn’t believe what had just happened. He hadn’t imagined that things could go that bad. “Was this what Noah was thinking of me all this time?” He let out a sob. “Shit! He thinks I am some slut, because I was acting like that?!” He said to himself in shock.

“Noah!” A voice called out repeatedly from inside the building. Luke heard it getting closer. He quickly rubbed out the tears from his eyes, and turned to see Chris coming out looking for Noah. When he saw Luke, he became suspicious.

He walked up to him. “Snyder?” He faced Luke. “What are you doing here?”

Luke observed his features to see if he was angry. But no, he looked more worked up than angry and Luke knew why. “Uhm... I am outside a movie theatre, so of course I am here to watch a movie, Coach.” He stated as a matter of fact.

“Yes, but ... wait!” He recognised the familiar hoodie that Luke wore. “That’s my hoodie, where did you get that?”

Luke panicked and quickly began to remove it, trying to think of some plausible excuse; otherwise he would be in big trouble.

Chris, however, put one and one together and figured it all out. “Are you the asshole who locked me in the stalls, back in the restroom?”

Luke gave out a nervous laugh, trying to act cool, although he was freaking out inside. “What? You were locked in the stalls by someone?” He acted innocent and giggled.

Chris reddened in embarrassment. He was locked up by someone in the restroom, helpless. He kept screaming for help, but no one heard him, that is until a man walked in to use the restroom. “Yes. But you keep your mouth shut about it, Mr. Snyder. You don’t want trouble.”

“No I don’t.” Luke said seriously, and handed him back his hoodie. Chris took it and put it on, forgetting to ask where Luke had got the hoodie from.

“Did you see Noah ... I mean Mr. Mayer. Did you see him? He was with me. I think he must have gone searching for me. It did take me forever to return.”

Luke couldn’t say a thing. But his mood went back to being gloomy again. A beeping sound interrupted Chris from saying anything else, and he got his phone out to check the incoming text.

“Damn! He is gone. He must have been upset with me.” He mumbled to himself in sadness. And without saying anything else to Luke, he left.

Luke felt the loneliness take over him. He started walking with his thoughts working overtime in his mind. All the things that Mr. Mayer had said to him, and all the things that had happened between then until now, the kiss included, ran through his mind.

‘Noah said he is disgusted by me. But the way he used to look at me, I could swear his eyes expressed anything but disgust. I know I did wrong posing as Chris to get him kiss me, but he was about to kiss me at the pond. Though he snapped at me, saying it was all of joke. How can you be so engrossed in a kiss, if it’s supposed to be a joke? It didn’t seem to be a joke, really ...’

There were answers to his questions, but all of it confused him.

Luke walked where his feet took him. He wiped the tears with his hands and stared at them. The tears were the evidence of how bad he was feeling right now. ‘But Noah might think I’m faking these feelings. He doesn’t believe me or my love for him. How am I gonna live with the fact that Noah hates me for life ... the rejection will kill me.’

“God!” He moaned as he sobbed, silently crying out some more tears. He realized he had walked too far; almost near the bridge at Mill Road. He considered changing his path, but as he turned, he saw a structure in the distance. He looked far, penetrating his gaze through the darkness, and saw a lonely bridge.

His sane mind went numb, and his feet automatically moved towards it with some kind of determination.

@@@

The car screeched as it came to a sudden halt in front of Gust’s place. “This is where I live.” Gust pointed behind his back as he faced Joe. “I would have asked you to come inside, but now is not the right time.” He chuckled.

“Yeah; it’s too late.” Joe nodded in understanding, but Gust knew Joe didn’t actually understand what Gust was really trying to say. “But I know your place now. You keep your windows open during the night, just in case I start missing you too much.”

Gust laughed. “You don’t even know which one is my room. And how the hell would you climb up?”

“Aha! I know at least that your room is upstairs. And don’t worry about how I would get up there. People plant huge trees in the backyard; I would put them to good use.” He winked.

“Try that sometime then.” Gust giggled knowing if Joe ever tried, he would end up in his parent’s room.

Joe raised his right eyebrow. “Are you challenging me, baby?”

“Maybe.”

“Well then ...”

“Gust!” An angry voice interrupted Joe, and they both looked in the direction of the voice. Matt stood on the porch glaring at them, and he noticed how awfully close their faces were at that moment. Looking at him, both of them sat back in their own seats. Joe clasped his hands on the steering wheel, readying himself to face Gust’s brother. Matt approached the car and he bent down by the window on Gust’s side and smirked, “What language do you understand, Queer Brennan?”

“Matt ...” Gust started, but Matt cut him off with his hand.

“Didn’t you understand when I asked you to stay away from my brother?” Matt said with his teeth clenched tight in anger.

“What? You asked ... when ...” Gust was confused and looked between both of them. And then he realized, “You left the pond because of him?”

“Shut up Gust. Let me handle this.” Matt said raising his voice.

Gust couldn’t take it anymore. He furiously pushed the car door open and got out if it, coming face to face with his brother. Both boys anger was at par now. “What the hell Matt! What were you thinking threatening him like that?”

“He was touching you ... he had a sick look on his face when he looked at you...” Matt’s face was red, and he was getting angrier.

“That is called love, Matt. Ever heard of that word?” A shocked look passed Matt’s face.

“Fuck, you can’t be in love. You are still young ...”

“So what? I can be in love with anyone, and I am in love with Joe.” Gust said, surprising both Matt as well as Joe, who was now out of the car and standing behind his boy. He wanted to do a happy dance right there, but then he understood that Gust might have said this out of sheer anger. That’s what stopped him from getting his hopes up. “... And I don’t think my love life is any of your business.” Gust had continued.

Matt looked between the two of them. Gust sensed Joe’s presence behind him. He took a step back and took Joe’s hand in his, brought it up and kissed it. Matt saw the interchange of the looks between the two of them, and felt abashed with defeat. So, all he could do was huff and storm back inside the house.

Gust rolled his eyes and faced Joe again. “I am sorry for his behaviour. He is not always like that.”

“I didn’t feel bad about what he said, so don’t sweat it.” He grinned before nervously nearing Gust’s face. “Gust? Did you really mean what you said before?”

Gust’s throat went dry watching the deep love in Joe’s eyes. He knew what he was talking about, but still feigned innocence. “What are you talking about?” He gulped, getting nervous being so close to Joe, so he took a step back.

“You know what I am talking about,” Joe whispered, smiling and took a step closer to him, “What you said to Matt, that you are in love with me... was that true?”

“Uhm ... I ...” Gust stammered. He took another step back but bumped his back against the car. He was trapped, and Joe made it hard for him to escape by caging him between his hands. He leaned more into him; their lips inches apart.

“Gust ...?” Gust could feel Joe’s breath and went dizzy.

“I ...” Gust didn’t know what to say because he wasn’t sure himself as to why he had said that. He looked past Joe and called out, “Matt?”

Joe jumped a few feet away from Gust in fright, and looked around searching for an angry punch heading towards him. Gust laughed out loud and Joe realized he was just messing with him.

“Damn! You scared the shit out of me... what the hell, man!” Joe laughed too, holding his hand over his chest.

“You should have seen your face.” Gust teased.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yes.” Gust shook his head, still giggling. “Good night Joe.” He walked away to go inside.

“Hey Gust!” Joe called making him turn to him quizzically, “You didn’t answer me.”

However, Gust just flashed one of his attractive smiles and forcefully worded out, “Good night, Joe. See you tomorrow.”

Joe chuckled. “Yeah, see ya!” he said, still dizzy by the effect of Gust’s smile. He followed the view of Gust’s sexy ass swaying as he walked, until he disappeared inside the house. “Shit, I love him!” he dreamily mumbled to himself, before getting into the car and driving off.

@@@

An older man drove his truck through the lonely roads of Oakdale. It had gotten really dark, and he was in a hurry. So he was driving his truck at the speed of 60mph, while keeping an eagle’s eye on the road. The road was pretty much empty, so he had no worries about driving too fast.

With his one hand on the steering wheel, he tried to tune the radio to get a better signal. It would screech and scratch as he tuned it, finally getting a signal from a station that played songs from the 70s. That delighted him and he versed for a sing-along.

He was driving along and singing to the radio, when he reached the bridge at Mill Road.

Something caught his eye, and he pulled his truck to a sudden halt. His wrinkled face expressed worry watching a figure at the other end standing close to the edge of the bridge. He turned off the radio and put his head out of his window. “Who’s there?” He yelled.

He saw some motions there and froze, watching the figure on the bridge. The figure was climbing the railings of the bridge, getting ready to jump off of it.

The driver quickly got out of his truck calling, “Stop! Don’t even try ...”

But before he could reach the figure, he had already jumped. The old man looked down, searching for where he fell. When he saw the person lying motionlessly on the ground, he cringed. “What a shame!” he said to himself and took out his phone to call 911.

@@@

Monday and Tuesday came and went, and suddenly it was Wednesday. Noah’s eyes subconsciously

scanned the classroom and met a pair of sad eyes between the group of students. But, his hopes were diminished when he didn’t see any signs of Luke.

He knew it shouldn’t bother him, but he was awfully worried for that blonde guy now. The way he had left him at the theatre, sad and broken; it poked anxiousness at his mind.

He began his lecture anyway, but his heart wasn’t in it. He seemed lost. After the period was over and the bell rang, all the students went out giggling and gossiping of how funny the lecture was, with their history teacher talking nonsense, and making several mistakes while explaining certain things. They wondered what was up with him. Noah did overhear some talk, but ignored it. He had something else on his mind that was more important.

“Miss Brooke. Can I talk to you for a second?” Noah called Mercedes as she was about to leave.

“Yes, Mr. Mayer?”

“Uhm... I was wondering where Lu- uhm... Mr. Snyder is. Do you have any idea?” He hopefully asked.

But Mercedes didn’t know. “I am sorry. I haven’t heard from him since Friday night. Though, I plan to go and check on him today.”

“Oh ok. The reason I asked was, your history assignments are due; I wanted to know if he would be able to submit it on time or not since he’s been out for a few days.”

“I’ll let him know.” Mercedes nodded.

After she was gone Noah was still restless, so he thought he would go and relieve some stress with a coffee. With that intention, he headed for the staff area, worrying about Luke the whole time.

He went up to get a coffee from the machine. At that moment, a frustrated Mrs. Gordon entered the room. She was the personal secretary for the principal, and she had to take care of most of his work. She would always bitch about how the oldie would just force his work on her, and leave her to take care of it, and then he would sit back in his office, playing around on Facebook.

But today she was stressed for some other reason. “God forbid! Seriously, what an awful era is this!” She talked to a fellow colleague, and Noah overheard her conversation. “Students of this generation are born brainless, I guess. Can you imagine a seventeen year old kid attempting suicide over a failed love?” She laughed sarcastically before taking a sip of her coffee.“What do they know about love anyway? It’s similar to what was in the newspapers on Sunday; the suicide case on the bridge on Mill Road on Saturday night.” She shook her head in disbelief. “Who would have thought it would be one of our students!”

Noah’s heart sank, overhearing her conversation. The only thought that crossed his mind right now was, ‘Was that Luke? Shit! But why would he go over that fucking bridge? That’s too far away from the movie theatre. So it can’t be him ... can it be? No, it certainly can’t...’

He tried to calm himself down, but the fear got the best of him, and before he knew it, his feet had automatically taken him to his car to head to the Snyder farm.

@@@

--- TBC ---

Please rate/review and like me.
Copyright © 2011 SidLove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/25/2010 12:07 PM, West Coast Dude said:
I just wanted to say your story is awesome! Such an interesting plot :)
aw Thank you Zane!! ^_^
Link to comment

I'm enjoying this so far. Although I do think the suicide attempt was a bit drastic. But then again, he is a 17 year old boy who had just had his heart ripped out. I guess love--or rejection of it--affects everybody differently. I ran out of likes about 2 chapters back. I'll have to try to remember to come back when I have more like what I missed.

Link to comment

WOW. We definitely get hints that Luke is not a stable guy based on some of his behaviors and actions, but I never saw anything like this coming. It's a darn good thing that Mr. Mayer did not start the inappropriate relationship with his student for many reasons. All though both of these guys could use a good therapist and some professional counseling, Mr. Mayer did dodge the proverbial bullet by not getting mixed up someone as crazy odd as Luke. Wheww!!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..